Speaker 1: Laura and come on in.
Speaker 2: Illow everyone, Hillo.
Speaker 3: I snuck my hello him before Laura because she always snacks, sneaks her me.
Speaker 4: Is quite quiet at the start. That's why you always just stop and you just know.
Speaker 5: Not every day it's Mitch says hi.
Speaker 3: Then you quickly say how, and then I say hi, and I'm like, I'm gonna get it in second, I like it.
Speaker 1: Do you know what else? You've got some news? So you really do?
Speaker 5: You want to tell her?
Speaker 1: No, I'm excited for you. I am excited.
Speaker 5: Hi, guys, Yeah, I do have some very exciting news.
Speaker 3: I am becoming an auntie again. I think it is if I have to do the math. I think it's for the seventh time. But this time it's my sister, Sherry, my best friend, Sherry Health.
Speaker 5: Some of you might know Appreciation.
Speaker 2: She does have an Instagram Sherry Hell.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Cherry Hell.
Speaker 1: She's having a baby.
Speaker 2: Babies are expensive.
Speaker 1: Her first baby.
Speaker 5: If you're need a nutritional plan, she was good. No, Sherry Health is good.
Speaker 2: She makes health food.
Speaker 1: Have we just lost Brittany? She lost the plot?
Speaker 4: No, I'm you're really papping out at the seventh niece or nephew, aren't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Sherry is mine. I have like I'm one of four siblings, but Sherry is my bestie. I'm so close to her, so it's a different it's a different excitement.
Speaker 4: I remember when my sister had her first baby and there was no other nieces or nephews in the family at that point in time. She had a Archer, and then I remember how much I felt like he was my baby. And then very shortly afterwards, I got pregnant and I was like, oh, I finally have my own.
Speaker 1: It made me want to have a baby.
Speaker 6: Yeah, is that gonna happen for you, Brick? Because Ben, your boyfriend's coming over from Scotland in like a week.
Speaker 4: In five days, Ben, Oh my god, maybe I mean baby fever might take hold.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it sort of has because Sherry and I always grew up saying that like we were you know, one day we'd do it at the same time, so can be close. And she's three years younger than me, obviously very much beat me to it. But a part of me is like, do I just try and bite the bullet and get it done.
Speaker 6: I'm going to a lot of people a red hot Yeah, yeah, hey to start the show.
Speaker 2: Next, I did my first pilates class.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did think you were looking great.
Speaker 2: Thank you a little tree today and it did not go to plan.
Speaker 6: In fact, I embarrassed myself in front of the room full of ladies and I'm mortified. And I want to know if it's something that if it's a universal experience of polarties. Because it's my first class, I don't know it could happen at every class around Australia.
Speaker 1: Did you do a whiz pop?
Speaker 2: Something happened bodily fluids were exchange. So that's coming up.
Speaker 1: I just swear on something.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's next. Here the pick up Listen, I did my first ever pilates class, and Ladies of Australia and Men of Australia, if you do pilarates.
Speaker 6: I want to know if this is something that happens in every class because I feel really singled out. First of all, do you two have you?
Speaker 1: I do it very infrequently, but I do it. I do a reform of pilarates.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: Really has one of the machines in her house. Okay, don't need to flex. It is really wealthy.
Speaker 2: I don't know because when I it's not wealthy.
Speaker 1: But Brittany has a problem with fitness.
Speaker 5: I like my fish.
Speaker 1: She has that she's got a room dedicated to her pilates.
Speaker 2: When I when I.
Speaker 5: Don't want to interrupt, I just need to clear it. I don't live in a mansion with a dedicated fitness room.
Speaker 1: I have a two bedroom apartment and my spare room has turned into some exercise stuff typically.
Speaker 2: So I pooked in to do a reformer polities class with my mum. Michelle. Jury so excited. So mum books in on the app for me. It's a whole thing. She goes, you've got me? Are you gonna love Mia?
Speaker 3: Think?
Speaker 2: I love Miya. I'll see how it goes. So I put on my old sort of active wear. You know, you've got the new fancy active wear and just the old stuff that you've had in that bottom.
Speaker 1: D eye we should have worn. So why did you drag out the old stuff?
Speaker 2: Because it was kind of a last minute bookie. So I put on the old stuff. And you know when you've got old active wear that has that musk in it, like baked in sweat into the mesh in the grawin, like I don't put.
Speaker 1: Away a little bit damp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Sorry, No, I am confused as to why you didn't wash it after the last time you use it.
Speaker 2: I do wash it, but you sometimes sweat just bakes in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's stained in there.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: I think some of my shirts are like that. Yeah, I'm so confused.
Speaker 5: Don't work out, Laura.
Speaker 4: I just washed my clothes thoroughly. You can always need to be taught how to wash your clothes.
Speaker 6: Well, I was washing and I and I had a little bit of musk in them, and I didn't realize until I got there and I walk in and it is full of women, Like it is.
Speaker 2: It's a great vibe. Like I love a room full of women. Look at the show. I do you too. I mean, it's you're right now. And all the women go, Hi, Mitch, welcome Mitch.
Speaker 6: It was a bit coltish actually, like hi Mitch, and my Hi Berne, Sally and Melinda, Like so, I how all these women and then they line me down on.
Speaker 2: The table and then they.
Speaker 1: Brand me.
Speaker 6: That's what it feels like, and they start with my ankles in these straps like, oh my god, this is kind of cool. So my ankles go in the straps. I go spread eagle and my legs go up in the air, and it was a sexual My groin is so close to my face, and then it hits me like the pungent smell of my bo like my off your crutch, sorry, perineum area, like it's sweat from down there.
Speaker 1: Sorry, the smell of your underwear hit you in the face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know in cartoons when you can see the green smells, smoke that I could see it.
Speaker 4: And your legs tied behind your head, you know, you know how sometimes even pilaates you're in weird compromise. Your face is just closer to your crutch than what you've probably ever been before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what Mia said to do. And the thing is, you can't see what the room's doing, so I don't know what everyone else is up to.
Speaker 1: The good thing is your your face is closed, no one else's face.
Speaker 6: Well that's why I was worried about the instructors at the other end of the room. And I'm like, great, she can't smell. No one else is closed enough to me to get to this smell. Anyway, The instructor starts like circling the room like a great white shark, Like I can see her weaving in between all the.
Speaker 2: Reformer machines and shit, she's coming back. So I closed my legs and put them down, and she goes on the mitch. No, you're doing so well, get back up there. I'm like, no, I don't want to get back up there.
Speaker 6: She grabs my thigh pulls it up like have you seen those farm videos on tiktop where they try to get like a calf out of a cow and they give birthday when it gets stuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it got stuck.
Speaker 6: So she had my legs like I was a chicken's pulling my legs up and open and I could smell it.
Speaker 2: I know she could smell it. Was awful.
Speaker 3: Why are you telling people this Australia that your crutch reeks?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: That is that? Is that the story that you're telling.
Speaker 1: Us, because that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: It gets worse because the class.
Speaker 1: I can't possibly.
Speaker 6: I'm sweating and I think this actually went really well, like smell aside, I did really well. And I'm lying there on my back exhausted, like after a good session. I like, high five my mama. We did so well. I love pallarates.
Speaker 2: Miya walks up and she drops a sanitary wipe on the on the bench. She goes, well done, Mitch, for your first class, have a wipe up, and I also have a wipe up. That's like the culture have a wipe up. Let's get that on T shirts.
Speaker 5: Have a wipe up.
Speaker 1: So I sit, wipe your bed down, your bed down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've been sweating. And I get up and I start to wipe my bed down.
Speaker 6: And that's what I realize that I'm the only person she's given a sanitary wipe too in the whole class.
Speaker 1: Is sure she didn't mean wipe your crutch.
Speaker 2: She was like, maybe that's what she meant.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's what she meant.
Speaker 2: No one else got given a sanitary wipe to wipe their bed down.
Speaker 6: Just me, all the ladies packing up their Lulu Lemon, putting their hair things and getting them at Sadies Benzas. And then I have to wipe down my bench, just like a wet chopping board after you've cooked in.
Speaker 1: Like it was going from pilates.
Speaker 2: No, I'm actually hooked. I really liked it. Did you wash it?
Speaker 1: What did you do with the shorts?
Speaker 2: I burnt them, Yeah, I've burt them. They're gone.
Speaker 1: And did your mom smell whatever one else did you bring it up with her afterwards?
Speaker 2: Didn't bring it up. She's too sweet and she she did smell.
Speaker 1: She just didn't want to embarrassing.
Speaker 2: And I'm back some of Polart's boy now.
Speaker 3: So you can come back to use my huge shandily fitness marble room anytime you want.
Speaker 4: And if you ever want to come over and I can teach you how to do the washing, come on.
Speaker 1: Wash Hey guys.
Speaker 3: Next up, I have a bit of a moral conundrum, a question that I want to run by you that happened to somebody that I know, and it doesn't sit well with me.
Speaker 1: I'm going to ask you after the break.
Speaker 2: You're kidding, Yeah, it's a big one.
Speaker 3: So this is from somebody that I sort of know that wrote in like I know them, but I don't know them, know them well enough that they wanted to run this by me.
Speaker 1: Would you, guys, tell.
Speaker 3: Your partner, your husband, or the person that you're dating at a time, would you tell them if your family didn't like them, If my family didn't like that, so hypothetically right, just use me me and my partner Ben. If my family said to me we hate him, we don't think he's for you.
Speaker 1: We don't think he's right. Been with him nearly two years.
Speaker 3: Do you go and would I go and tell Ben that? Like, would I go and say, hey, my family doesn't like you.
Speaker 4: Absolutely no, No, But I can I can see a situation where someone might do that. Imagine like you're having a fight or something and you use it as ammunition in the fight, like, yeah, you're having a fight with Ben, and then you're like, you know what, my family have spoken about you, and they've said they don't like I can see that's probably.
Speaker 1: I agree with what I'm saying totally total. I reckon it would slip out from some people. But no, you shouldn't just tell them like PSA, this okay.
Speaker 3: So I would never I would never tell that my partner that And this, by the way, this was not me. My family loved Ben, but this friend of mine, she's the female. Her partner said to her, Hey, we're not going to my family's house, you know, for the barberue, or we're not going to see them anymoreal they apologize and she was like why, they said, oh, well, they don't like you, he told her, And he said, they don't like you, and they don't think you're right for me, and I don't want to stand for that. And she was like, wait, what, She's been with him for like eight years. That's a bit it's a bit far gone, isn't it a long time? And I thought, why would you? I didn't know if I was the minority, but I was like, why would you? Then for the rest of their they're married for the rest of their life. She knows that that family, like, surely you would.
Speaker 6: Hold on she is she into the relationship still, because that, to me screams contempt that she's no longer into it.
Speaker 2: So she's they are, oh my god.
Speaker 3: No, they love each other. They are separating from the family now as a couple because he's like, I won't stand for that. They don't like you, and I'll protect you kind of thing. And she was like, whoa part of me though?
Speaker 4: And I don't I'm playing devil's advocate here, because imagine if he didn't tell her, but he also didn't stand up for her and just let his family speak badly about her behind her back, and then he had to go to barbecues and pretend like everything's all lovely.
Speaker 1: Part of me, I do actually think and I.
Speaker 4: Respect the fact that he loves his wife so much and respects her so much that he was like, do you know what, I don't want to be doing things with my family if they're going to disrespect you in that way. And so I think he's kind of been put between a rock and a hard place with his family, not so much that he's done the wrong thing.
Speaker 6: This is exactly the same as when your partner friend comes to you and they go, I'm rocky with my with my relationship with my partner, and then you bitch.
Speaker 2: About the partner. You unleach, you unleash because you think, well, they're doing.
Speaker 3: They're a jerk anyway, deserve better and I never like them and they get to get together and they now know that you.
Speaker 1: Hate that this happened to me, like with my ex boy not with my current husband, but my ex boyfriend. Iried how you say current like, it's not gonna laugh like that.
Speaker 4: My husband at there's my husband for no, no, I and I we're going to go the distance. He's it's a wonderful, wonderful husband. But my ex boyfriend, who was not a wonderful wonderful boyfriend. He he cheated on me. And we'd been like on and off, on and off, and then I remember we'd broken up, but I was hoping we would get back together. And I went and told my friends, like, some of the things have been happening, and they absolutely leased on how much they hated him and how they didn't think he was right for me and all of the stuff.
Speaker 1: And then we got back together. And that is so.
Speaker 4: Awkward because you've got to go back to your friends and explain, oh, I know everyone hates that.
Speaker 1: That's on you, though, Let's give them, Yeah, I was the problem. I don't deny this. I guess I see both sides.
Speaker 3: I just I just wanted someone else's opinion on it, because my immediate thought was like, he should have never told her, Although.
Speaker 6: Can I also say, can also say if you don't tell your friends about these issues you're having. It is so shocking when someone comes to you and says, I've broken up with X y Z for all these reasons, and you go, hold, and I thought it was perfect.
Speaker 1: You never told me.
Speaker 2: You never told me I didn't know five other women exactly.
Speaker 6: So I think there's a kind of a middle area you have to You've got to talk to your friends about this stuff and your family.
Speaker 2: But oh god, that's tough.
Speaker 4: I honestly think you just don't if you're the one who doesn't like someone, keep it to yourself when unless you're sure that they're broken up and they're not getting back together.
Speaker 1: I think, just like, don't wait into that.
Speaker 3: When I broke up with my eggs, just quickly this. I just thought of this, that he had been cheated on with this double life for a couple of years. When we broke up and I thought my family loved him, my dad was like, thank God, couldn't stand him, like he was the worst. And I, because my family is so close, I was like, Dad, why why didn't you I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Why didn't you tell me?
Speaker 3: Because you're at the end of the day, your happiness is most important and I would never want to push you away from the family. And it's so true because if he had have said that, I wouldn't have been coming around with my partner anymore.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have been involved.
Speaker 3: So it's it's such a tricky situation, isn't it. Maybe just keep your feelings to yourself, yeah, and drive such a wedge.
Speaker 1: I agree. Look, well, speaking about families and kids and what you should and shoudn't keep to yourself. You know, you should keep to yourself, Lie Knits, and I have a family. I know as a parent.
Speaker 4: It's something that affects me deeply, and I have a PSA for all parents out there.
Speaker 1: And Mitch, you're gonna help me coming up next.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I do great with mums and kids love me.
Speaker 4: Have excellent hair, which will come in very handy where this is going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're smell eucalyptus already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we're coming up next. Okay.
Speaker 4: So, on yesterday's show, if you guys missed it, we were talking about how in Melbourne there is currently a lie's epidemic head lice, which if you're a parent, just having any lice in your household is a very very scary thing. Now, knowing that sixty percent of children in Melbourne and then potentially across the country are going to end up with head lies is terrifying. Its life's season, baby, it's life season. Yeah, they're taken over. Not just any lice though, it's super liice. And so Mitch so willingly on yesterday's show put his hand up to go tribute to volunteer to help show the country how to protect yourself against life.
Speaker 2: Didn't you consented for me? I've never said I'm down to do this.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, okay, this is what happened on the show. I brought a public service announcement to all of the parents of Australia. And I think that now we owe another public service announcement and we do. We owe this to the Australian public, and that is Mitch. Tomorrow, I'm going to show everyone on the show how to get nits out of their hair.
Speaker 1: And that's by using you so much. I think you should go change.
Speaker 4: Your shirt, put on something that you don't mind if it gets a little bit of residue on it. And then and when no, we're not, I swear I am not tricking you.
Speaker 1: This is very important.
Speaker 4: Change your shirt and come back. In a second appeared Mitch is walking out of the studio. Well, no, this is a very important put a different shirt on, put something on that you don't mind if it gets a bit wet. Okay, So what we have happening here is Mitch has just left the studio.
Speaker 1: He's putting on a different shirt. Now we have an old wives tail remedy that we want to trial on Mitch.
Speaker 4: And that wives tail, well, it's a homemade remedy more so than a wives tail. That is mayonnaise, which apparently it used to be thought that if you smother the hair in mayonnaise, you let it sit, chuck a glab rap over the top of it, it actually helps to kill the lice.
Speaker 1: We don't know if that really works or not, so it's not even a home remedy. We made it up. No, it really is a remedy. It's just also been debunked. But it doesn't work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just we just thought, we just look, let's call Space baby. We want to slather the Mitch's heady madaise.
Speaker 1: We don't want to tell Mitch. Al Right, Mitch, come on, come back in. Okay, So we've got.
Speaker 3: The home remedy ready, Mitch, because this is what people are using. Twenty twenty two study has proved that this common home remedy for headlights is more effective than many over the counter treatments.
Speaker 1: And that home remedy itself is a bottle of Heinz seriously good mayonnaise egg mayonnaise, specifically Cozy Lives. Babe, you've got to think about it. It is expensive.
Speaker 3: It is it?
Speaker 2: Stop it. Someone is wrapping me in the towel.
Speaker 1: Produce a great It's a very expensive time in life.
Speaker 4: People need to be able to conserve costs, come up with home remedies. And this apparently is and it says it right here. It is the most effective way of killing life.
Speaker 3: Let me let me explain it to you, Mitch. The thick consistency. This is from the study, The thick consistency. Laurie can start to apply it.
Speaker 5: Please, no, you can't stop.
Speaker 4: Stop while while it reads out what's happening. And this this study. I'm going to start applying this to your hair. Fantastic the thing I'm going to take the little little tab off the inside.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Don't have so. I just want the record to show guys.
Speaker 1: It's all about the application, right, so people know how to do it.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Thanks, okay.
Speaker 3: So the thick consistency of mayonnaise smothers the adult lause because louse is a singular life and the enzymes in the oil used in the mayonnaise stunt the growth while in the egg stage. Now, this is why mayonnaise is so important. Mitch, because we want okay, the hair mayonnaise.
Speaker 5: Comb it through delicious.
Speaker 2: This is making me remember Mayo.
Speaker 1: Is my middle name, so don't knock it too much.
Speaker 3: What happens now is, Mitch, it's the mayonnaise in your hair, which looks beautiful.
Speaker 5: It's smothering the egg.
Speaker 2: It's cold. For some reason, I.
Speaker 1: Feel it actually actually goes on like conditioner. I think it's a very good.
Speaker 7: Also, well, it's stopped the lies at the egg stage, at the egg stage, which is what you want. But on top of that, even though you feel gross right now, mayonnaise has been proven to have very hydrating properties. So what it's doing is hydrating at the cuticle at the same time, and your hair is going to probably grow quicker and be more glossy and lush.
Speaker 1: I think it's important.
Speaker 4: I mean, we want this to be a helpful segment that people can actually get something out of. What if you've tried everything and if you know the over the counter treatments are not working for you, we would recommend not using mayonnaise because it's absolutely been proven.
Speaker 1: To not work at all.
Speaker 4: Not even there is Look, it used to it used to exist and people used to do this thinking that maybe it worked, but it has been.
Speaker 1: Disproved only a couple of years.
Speaker 4: I think we need to put some of these stars or get off what cubes.
Speaker 1: That's where the lies really are.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you two made that up. I knew it because Brick couldn't make eye contact when she was reading the license and she said one singular license a light or some bullshit. A louse.
Speaker 3: You are a giant louse and now you're dead because of.
Speaker 2: The may The mayonnaise does nothing.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: It's got warm, it's got warm. It's actually got good.
Speaker 1: Giant ham sub. Did you like our falcon in at the back?
Speaker 2: It's gotten.
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 5: Actually no, no.
Speaker 1: No, don't care, do not. No, I've got to hate mayonnaise.
Speaker 2: Mitch.
Speaker 8: If you come near me, Mitch, don't yeah care, go on wash you sick, Mitch, get out, Mitch.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 4: I do want to say, I'm so grateful you are such a team sport and you really have help parents, because someone could have tried.
Speaker 1: This and it wouldn't have worked.
Speaker 4: A team player with someone would have tried this and not known that actually it's a home remedy that doesn't work.
Speaker 1: But now we've we've disproved one as well.
Speaker 3: We also could have just told them myth MythBusters, but for lice everyone wash outing.
Speaker 1: We did bring you shampoo conditioner. It's made from Dijon. Bye see you guys.