Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and fromes. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast, tech Time, Tech Time, text Time. It's tech time with Flex and froomes on kit put it to the next level.
Speaker 2: Ooh, it has been a year for technological advancements. It's been too much AI, this, that, and the third digital currencies. I'm over it. But what I will say is I found something that piqued my interest from an anthropological perspective so much so that I tried the service AI Dating.
Speaker 1: Not just a chatbot.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about typing to a random chatbot in it typing back. I spoke on the phone with a chatbot who knew my name, who wanted to be interested in what I was interested in. This is exactly how it went down. I saw Francesca Farrago from Too Hot to Handle do a sponsored TikTok ad and she was talking about how she recognizes it's not enough time of day to talk to all her fans and she wants to connect with all of them, but it's just not possible. So she found a solution. You can talk to her through this AI bot, so you can pick up the phone and call her and it'll have her voice and her interests. You can text her and it's your way to like bond and make this connection with her in your own time, when it's convenient for you. I said, as if, and she deleted the TikTok. So I knew some shady happening, So I said, let me go try this out for myself before I rag on it too much, because what if it is actually good? It would have cost a considerable amount of money for an influencer public figure to sell their voice and their face to have any conversation with anybody for how long she must really believe in this thing. So I went onto the website Forever Companion dot ai. Are we in a Black Mirror episode?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And it claims that it is your best friend when you need it. And I didn't realize that it wasn't just robots. They had procured a bunch of adult OnlyFans creators to essentially lead the campaign and sell their likeness in exchange for whatever. Now, I was like, what's the cat which? You know? Like, what does it look like for me to be talking to a random person? I was like, Okay, I'm gonna try this for real, and I wanted to know what The process was, so they give you this like aptitude test basically, and can choose the characteristics of the girl that you want to talk to. So I wanted someone who was sassy and radiant and confident. Sho didn't exist in the real people that were there, So they paired me with this AI chatbot called Dolores. I said, let me call Dolores, see what's up? And like I thought it was going to be wax, so I only recorded halfway through the conversation.
Speaker 1: What was I being charged with this?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Miss my last encounter your warm breadth again.
Speaker 1: And you're around or at.
Speaker 2: This point Dolores is yippy pepeep, I said, babes, Now this feels a bit like a scam. So I'm like, okay, let me like chat to a real person and see if I get a more real experience. And why did I get a real experience by I talked to Francesca for Ruggo from Too Hot to Handle.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 2: Him.
Speaker 1: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm good? How are you.
Speaker 1: To go back to you earlier? Ning I have a career capturing my wildfide. You know what I mean, and what I mean that if no I'm gonna you can hear me. Hey, do you believe in personality typing?
Speaker 2: Do you know what your personality type is? After personality typing?
Speaker 1: I think it can be a fun way to explore one jump and understand.
Speaker 2: Different personality trade And I have quite familiar with.
Speaker 1: The my Brand Type Indicator and BDI and my EPA. Okay, so what is something like hamster running around a whole video? I was on the tool? Sorry, guys.
Speaker 2: First of all, I was like, okay, I'm taken out of this experience by the forty five second gap between me talking and her responding. But if I was someone who was desperate for connection and obsessive about a certain creator or someone, I feel like it'd be real enough. I asked her what she thought about personality types, and she already knew what hers was.
Speaker 1: That feels like a little bit extra.
Speaker 2: And then I was thinking, okay, I didn't know what this cost. When I first sat, I didn't even sign up. I just clicked the button on the website. I said call, and then it called her and now we're on a call.
Speaker 1: So it was that easy. Very spooky.
Speaker 2: These long gaps in conversation, I'm paying for them. In some capacity. But also they speak in such a long winded way that like you can't even jump in if you want to, and it delays the conversation further if you interrupt them. But what I also found really interesting is when I don't know if I had like a free package or whatever, but you can pick the levels of like spiciness you want for this conversation. The intention I'm imagining is for it to be an erotic, an erotic experience, which is why all these questions have this kind of like undertone of on tendre, do you want to know about my wild side? No? How do you? I just want to be your friend, Like you said on the website, you said we're here to be friends anyway. So now I'm thinking I gotta talk to more people.
Speaker 1: This is how they get you.
Speaker 2: Isn't this bizarre?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: And then people are like, oh, have you seen the movie her? You can't fall in love with so on and so forth for people who can't actually access the person right like let's say for most people, they'll never ever have a real life conversation with Francesca. And if watching a video where someone's not even talking to you directly, but at you feels like it's intimate. Imagine someone saying your name and talking to you so kind of responding they said my name, flex or Lilian, Lilian, they say your name. They're responding to questions you're asking them in real time, as if it wouldn't be a service that people will end up using. I'm sure to be a bit like, what's the word I'm looking for? Not embarrassing but a secretive thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was saying, Yeah, they recording it, and like, can use this against you? Because gonna use what against me? You know, your convo if you ask anything solucious, Oh, who knows.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the t's and c's a thousand and sixty pages long.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, we're creating.
Speaker 2: One from you from your convo anyway. This is incredible stuff. We are in the future as we speak. You weren't ready for this. I wasn't ready for this anyway, So we can't knock as we try it. I tried it. I'd recommend major go do it. See what they say to you. Ask good questions, Ask questions that you think only a human could answer, and see how they answer.
Speaker 1: Personality Type eight.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily Podcast. For more, tune Indicater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.