Speaker 1: Is it just me the rude shocks of young adulthood.
Speaker 2: Let me just say, for those wanting a Ladybug update, oh yes, yes, yes, yes, last week's episode context just in case people weren't listening last week. I've decided to embark on a dog walking era because I want to get more steps in my day. B I get to spend time with dogs. I love dogs, and see I get to help someone out. Yeah, lighten the load. So tick tick tick. I put a listing on some dog walkers website. I went a couple of months no bites, and then I got my first customer inquiry last week.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: And where we left off last week was that I was going to do my first meet and greet with Ladybug to make sure I'm a good fit before they give me the dog walking gig.
Speaker 1: And Ladybug is a black and white French bulldog.
Speaker 2: I got that wrong. Actually it's not a French bulldog, but similar enough. Okay, it's actually a Stafford Sheer Terrier.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah close, yeah much NICs A little black dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a very cute, lovely looking dog, but also so packs a punch.
Speaker 1: A kind of dog that your mum would be scared of.
Speaker 2: Probably yeah, okay, but she was absolutely adorable. I went along to this meet and.
Speaker 1: Grow You've met, You've met Lady Bug.
Speaker 2: I told you that was happening.
Speaker 1: I know, but I just didn't think you'd actually do it.
Speaker 2: Of course I would do it. I was so excited. I was really really looking forward to this. I was like, I want this, gick. I just know that Ladybug and I are going to get along so well, and I was really really excited. It just warmed my heart the thought of having a cute little relationship with someone else's dog because I can't take on my own. And so I went along to the meet and greet. It wasn't a gay couple, by the way, God damn it, okay, and they were waiting for me out the front. The owner little Ladybug on a leash, and I say, hello, three doy, who you got here? Ladybug, so excited, responds to that sort of tone of voice where I'm like, oh no, ken, oh yeah, we're good. Girl, jumps up, has her pause on my knees, getting a good scratch in. I'm like, oh, you're a beautiful girl, aren't you. And then I said, ah, hi, by the way to the owner, I've just given this dog all the attention. And then the owner pulls out some dog treats from his pocket and starts showing off what ladybug can do. Fucking sit, stay, roll over all that, and I'm there giving it my all, being like, oh, you're such a good girl, good gil ladyback, Oh aren't you beautiful? And then the owner says to me, why don't you try and give her a treat? Right, And that's when fucking ladybug turned No way, I could have been killed.
Speaker 1: Are you seriously or you seriously?
Speaker 2: Look look at this finger. Ladybug did that a little It's healed very nice, and it was. She fucking bit me as soon as I had the treats in my hand. She's like and like attacked me. Wait she ground, growled, barked, bit everything.
Speaker 1: What do the owners did? You a freak out?
Speaker 2: Well, he was like trying to pull her back on the leash, but because she's quite a hefty dog, that's what I mean. She's smaller but packs of punch. He was like pulling the lead being like, no, come on, ladybug, and I'm just stepping back, going oh god, what's going on, and then he goes try again, and I was like, do I have to so again put the little treat near her mouth? I fucking attacks my hand again, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh god, and this isn't how Ladybug reacted when the owner gave the treat.
Speaker 2: No, not at all, and so we just kind of thought, okay, let's stop trying that now. We won't try that again. And then I spent the next half hour walking around the block multiple times with the owner and Ladybug. She didn't look at me once. She only had eyes for the owner every time I spoke to her in that fucking voice, Hi, sweetie, liked you. She just didn't even acknowledge me. Oh my god, you failed, apparently because I didn't even have to flag with him that I wasn't going to be available. I've been rejected. Oh no, that's hard. I've been knocked back.
Speaker 1: That's really I shouldn't laugh. I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing at that's deficits you. It's the dog.
Speaker 2: The doors didn't choose you. I was just thinking in the lead up, what would I have to do to fuck up this meet and greet with a dog If I come and kick it. Sure, I'm like, what would I have to do to fuck this up? But then they rejected me because the dog didn't fucking like me. Did.
Speaker 1: They let down.
Speaker 2: It was very much like, oh, we're just gonna We're not gonna proceed this time, but if we ever need a dog worker again, we'll let you know, be on this three week stint. And so I should have been walking later back this morning, but I was rejected.
Speaker 1: Des I'm really sorry to hear that it.
Speaker 2: Was sad, because I was. I had imagined our future together. I imagine it's walking off into the sunset, having a gorgeous time. But then this is why I'm pissed off about it. I think the owner fucking stitched me up because he said to me, oh, these treats in my pocket, they're the good treats. Normally, when I'm just doing day to day dog walking, I've got the Povo schmackos or whatever. But when she's meeting new people as an incentive to be extra nized, I get her the special treats as an extra award, and I'm like, no, wonder she attacked me. She thought I was stealing them. She thought that I was taking the treats away from her. No wonder she fucking wanted blood because the fucking top shelf treats and she thought that this random woman was trying to.
Speaker 1: Rob her of her beautiful treat Wow.
Speaker 2: And then he says to me, yeah, no, sorry about that. She's normally great with people, but not great with other animals. I was like, what are you saying? You're a man animal? Just adding insult to injury. I think that if it weren't for the fucking luxury treats, I would have nailed you all over me the treats.
Speaker 1: It's not you, it's the treats. I'm sorry. I know how excited you are seriously about.
Speaker 2: Getting I'm really sorry. I just think that we should be able to euthanize other people's don't be able to know her because quite frankly, our streets aren't safe with lady bug out and about.
Speaker 1: You should preciate photos of fucking threats?
Speaker 2: Is she threat?
Speaker 1: What if the heat is you don't want to piss them off?
Speaker 2: I don't care. They didn't give me the gig. Yeah that's true.
Speaker 1: I'm very sorry.
Speaker 2: The fucking tiny black dog tried to mourn me to death. In the street and.
Speaker 1: Then they still made you walk it. That's cruel, sadistic.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was like they were hovering a treat in front of me and I couldn't get it. They're like, this is the dog you could have been walking if you got along. For the next half hour that's paraded around being like, No, she doesn't like you, Doshy still doesn't like you. No, she still doesn't like you.
Speaker 1: Well, Mitchell, I'm pleased to say I've got an update in my dog search. I believe in the next six months I'll be getting a dog.
Speaker 2: Can you please like I say this as a friend? Yeah, can you fucking not though, get a dog? The last thing you need is another excuse to stay at home. That's why you're getting it, isn't it fun? Dog owners make it the whole personality. Sorry, I've got to get home to the dog. They do, they might have fucking eaten a cushion.
Speaker 1: Now my dog would be very well behaved.
Speaker 2: You say that, now my dog will be behaved.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get a little black white one and to name it Lady, just to spite you.
Speaker 2: And I hope it fucking rips everything.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Good? Also, ladybugs allergic to grasp fucking pathetically, what.
Speaker 1: Kind of It's like an astronaut being allergic to space.
Speaker 2: I have to only walk around the path. Well, you would have had to, But I thought that I had the gig because at the end of the day, when I was about to go home from this meet and greet, they said, right, so, Keeta, the house will be in the letterbox. That'll be where it is the first time you walk out. But then you can just hold onto it for the next three weeks. See, you don't have to keep putting it back in the letter box. I was like, sweet, I got the gig, despite the fact you can't stand me, and quite frankly, I can't stand her.
Speaker 1: And you didn't get the gig. I'm very sorry. Sorry, I'm condolence to you to think what could have been. Don't think it's over their loss. Their loss, lady bugs loss, lady bugs lost.
Speaker 2: I know there are dressed now. If I happened to drop rat poison in the wrong backyard, terrible. Why do you have raw sausages and razor blades? That's what people do.
Speaker 1: They baked them. People baked dogs in dog parks. They put razor blades. Neighbors who hate their neighbors dogs because they're bark They put raw razor blades in raw sausage.
Speaker 2: It's true. Okay, I take back my jokes.
Speaker 1: That's awful. That's Brittany Harkilely, my friend and my radio co host the Bonda Dog Park that she walks her beautiful dog, Delilay in gets there's there's rat poison in the bake them into cookies and put them into dog trees and then dogs eat them and then they die at because these neighbors are just awful powers.
Speaker 2: Maybe actually taking Lady Buck to bonder.
Speaker 1: All right, we're ready for my age.
Speaker 2: I sure it.
Speaker 1: Is it just me? Did we all just stop getting croup? Well, kroup cough?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 1: Did you never get kroup cough?
Speaker 2: I don't know if you explain what it is?
Speaker 1: Well, I've got an audio grab of what kroup cough sounds like. Because growing up, oh, croup was the plague Mum would free cop the kids have croup.
Speaker 2: Croup is an upper airway infection that blocks breathing and has a distinctive barking cough.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, no, this is croup. I found it online. That's a croup cough. Oh gosh, it sounds like a hanky, like an old man blowing his nose into a hanky. I had croup a dozen times growing up. It is that cough that rumbles in your chest, you know, when you breathe out and it goes. Oh, that kind of cough as croup.
Speaker 2: Sounded like you doing coughing fit chicken on this podcast.
Speaker 1: That coffe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, you don't still have it.
Speaker 1: No, I don't have kroup coff because that's I've noticed not getting it. I've actually like, I forget kroup cough. But maybe it's a thing that only my family.
Speaker 2: I remember my mum had a kid health book and like the first page was croop cough. You were raised before Google, so I guess, yeah, that's a good call.
Speaker 1: It was actually inscribed onto a concrete tablet. Yes, so, Mitchell, you've never had croup.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe I did. I just didn't call it that. I've got no idea. It rings not one bell for me.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I had a deep, chesty cough croup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it didn't sound like a hanky.
Speaker 1: What what does it sound like?
Speaker 2: Describe it just like a normal iPad kid cough No, that's not it.
Speaker 1: This is a deep rumbling cough do an impression.
Speaker 2: Why is your tongue? Why is your tongue out?
Speaker 1: I'm hiccupping. Oh my god, something's going wrong with me. That's it.
Speaker 2: Do you do the wet ones all the time? That's your normal cop Oh, so this isn't a real disease.
Speaker 1: Mum made this up, probably because I was an ill kid.
Speaker 2: She must have thought you were sick all the time. But that was your part.
Speaker 1: Thanks Michelle.
Speaker 2: Is It just Me? A podcast by a couple of meches. Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.