Speaker 1: Laura, come on.
Speaker 2: Oh hi, Happy Tuesday everyone.
Speaker 3: Hello, here you go. Mitchie.
Speaker 4: Oh great, I'm you know, real real one of those days where you really appreciate your part. And my boyfriend Steven, he messaged me, He's like, have fun on the show. I'll be listening from three. I was like, thanks, I'm running late, Like I'm a bit frantic. He's like, did you have breakfast? You're already. I'm like, no, I didn't eat and have breakfast, didn't have lunch, so before the show, like like forty minutes ago. He's like, on your way to the studio, I've made you some lunch. Swing by mine to come.
Speaker 3: And pick up some one as an angel he's sent from the heaven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I swing by and I love him. But I swing by and he's cooked me a singular pancake. He's put a scoop of ice cream on it and then put blueberries and strawberries on top on a plate and puts it, gives it to me out the window.
Speaker 3: Wait did you drive with it on your lap to work?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: How did that function?
Speaker 4: With a paper towel in between my cross? And I was like thanks, babe, Like what it's.
Speaker 3: Driving it's not a real car food.
Speaker 1: But maybe he was expecting you to call in like ten minutes early and sit down and need a pancake with him.
Speaker 2: He knew I was running late. The show's on at three. This was two fifty.
Speaker 6: I also think that this is ungrateful behavior, Mitch, because you are the one who will eat a hard boiled egg in your car. He has seen the crap that you eat, and then he's like, you know what, everything goes la. There's a different pancake boiled egg and an entire pancake with ice cream drippling there is. But also Mitch will crack and unpeel a hard boiled egg whilst driving like it's a it's.
Speaker 2: A whole portable food. It's like it's like an apple.
Speaker 4: Well, if he gave me a pile at Mignong with a you know red wine's you, I'm not going to go, thanks babe and sit down with a table cloth.
Speaker 3: No, he went over the top. He went over the top with the ice cream.
Speaker 1: If he handed you a singular pancake, great, that is a travel food, Like you can go and drive and do turns and reverses with a pancake.
Speaker 3: It's a dry flappy who wants a.
Speaker 6: Dry piece of pancake. Though I think he's done a really nice thing, I can be more grateful.
Speaker 2: I'm in a great move, all right, Mitch.
Speaker 1: I have am I the a hole that I want to throw to you guys, because I got into a.
Speaker 3: Bit of a run in.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a bit, it was a pretty full on brawl with a taxi driver. And I want to know what you think about who's.
Speaker 2: In the wrong. Just that mental image of Britney in a brawl with.
Speaker 3: I could imagine it. I'm scared of it.
Speaker 2: I can see it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll hear about it after this, I'll the pickup. Welcome to the show. Happy Tuesday, everyone.
Speaker 1: I am bringing you a story today, Mitch and Laura, where I am looking for someone to back me up.
Speaker 3: I'm looking for someone to tell me that I was in the right You have come to the wrong place that yeah, I should know better.
Speaker 1: So last week I had to go for work all the way over to Perth, right, So I had to go and do some talks and presentations over there.
Speaker 3: It was just like a one night thing, and I was staying at this.
Speaker 1: Hotel and I needed to leave the hotel and get to my next venue with all my luggage, do the presentations there, which was it was a big business lunch, and then I needed to go straight from there to the airport. So I had all my luggage. I'd been there for I think two days. I had high heels on because I was like gonna dress the par you know. So I left the hotel and I went down to get a taxi to the venue.
Speaker 3: Now the venue was only ten minutes away.
Speaker 1: It was pretty close, but I had huge luggage wheel on hand and high heels. So there's a taxi waiting. He's not doing anything. He is twiddling his thumbs. I saw him, so I walk over to him. I say, are you free? Being polite? He says yes, great jump in love. When that happens, pops the boot.
Speaker 3: I put my luggage in, climb into the car, and then I say to him, sorry, I'm not actually going that far.
Speaker 1: I've just got to get to this venue, which is just down the road.
Speaker 6: He saw you with all your luggage and probably instantly thought airport.
Speaker 3: You're going to the airport, girlfriend, one hundred percent. Guess what.
Speaker 1: It's irrelevant. His job as a taxi driver is to take me to where I want to go. I had to go ten minutes, right, and he says, oh, no, that's walk and I was like what. I was like, no, I just need Can you please take me to this location? He said no, and I said sorry why? He goes, don't be lazy. Oh that's what he said. I wish I was making this up. He said, don't be lazy. You're being lazy. And he said it's two minutes and I said, no, it's not. And I pulled up a map and I showed him. I said, this will be a thirteen minute walk, which doesn't sound long, right, guys, but when I'm in high heels, running late with all of my luggage, I'm sorry, I'm not draping that. I said, sorry, it's not two minutes. Please can you take me like you're free? And your light's on him in my car and we had a full on fight. He was no, telling me how lazy I am and that I should be walking and not using a taxi.
Speaker 3: Why would you? And I was like, I'm paying your bills. I'm trying to I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Pay for you to take me someone money and I said please, I literally said wait, it gets worse.
Speaker 3: I said, please, can you take me?
Speaker 1: Please? Just take me down the road and come back. Nothing's going to happen in that time. I'm paying you. I'm not asking for a favor. He gets out of the car. I'm still in the car, pops a boot, pulls my luggage out and puts my luggage on the street.
Speaker 3: That's so embarrassing. So oh, it was not in bad.
Speaker 1: I got out and we were going each other. We were fully going each other, and I was so shocked that another taxi drove pass stopped his car in the middle of the road and he said, I'm sorry, is everything okay here?
Speaker 3: You're all right man?
Speaker 1: Because this taxi driver was going me. I've never experienced anything like it. And then I said, no, I'm not all right, and he's like, get in, I'm going to take you and each to go.
Speaker 3: I was like, well, I just want you to know it's only five minutes.
Speaker 1: And he's like, that's fine, and he stopped, and the taximan got in and slammed his door, and the nice taxi driver took me.
Speaker 3: But then I had this feeling of like, is I'm sorry?
Speaker 1: Is there like an unspoken rule that you can't you have to drive more than ten minutes in a taxi.
Speaker 6: No, I'm sure that it's very frustrating and annoying for them, especially if they've been waiting for a long time, for a longer a longer trip. But also, Britt, if I was you and in that situation, I wouldn't want to be any in the car with a guy like that, Like if he was yelling at me, if he was being hostile and I was late, But there is no part of me that with him behaving like that would make me want to be in that.
Speaker 4: Taxi in the time took him to pick a fight with Sorry, I think we were brushing over the faith that you were gorgeous. He could have dropped you in the time that it took to get out, take your.
Speaker 3: Back and Mitch, thank you, even said I'll pay him more.
Speaker 1: I tried to try to bribe him, and then I'm like, why am I trying to bribe him? But he could have in the time it took him to abuse me and pull my stuff out of the car, And.
Speaker 6: I was like, I'm going to report you, and I was like writing down, like I'm never going to report it, but give it to me.
Speaker 3: I'll write a letter. I love being angry about people. He's right me or him? No, you're right. That sounds like very, very huge.
Speaker 2: And I did text each other, so I just agree with her because I think she's upset.
Speaker 3: As soon as you.
Speaker 6: Started yelling, before you'd even told the story, I was like, whatever she says, I'm going to say.
Speaker 1: Genuinely, I don't like confrontation. You're the nicest person I've ever met, and you're beautiful.
Speaker 3: Wow. Thanks guys, but needs to coming here for this more often.
Speaker 1: Mitch and Laura, I don't know if you have been watching the I'm not allowed to say it because of that big media blackout thing, but you know, the games that are going on were in Paris at the moment, off the back of the other games that happened over in Paris, like playing charades, isn't it, The Para games, the Parrot games, No, the parent Game. Well, I have been absolutely loving it. I'm watching it on Syncle.
Speaker 3: And they are just so inspiring. I don't know if you've seen any of it.
Speaker 1: I know you were saying Laura that the girls have been watching it, but like, it is phenomenal and makes me feel like I need to be better.
Speaker 6: I've been watching a lot of the swimming and I think it is incredible. Obviously, we have such amazing athletes in Australia anyway, and we watch the Olympics, we all get so excited about it. But now there's just so much more visibility across the paragames and even like even the amount that I think that how accessible it is for people to watch it.
Speaker 3: My kids have been watching it. It's incredible.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the swimmers right, because obviously, you know people living with disabilities, some are missing limbs, so they can't do a normal swim start right, They can't hold up onto the edge of the pool and.
Speaker 2: Keep their legs.
Speaker 4: So what they do is they'll have an assistant or you know, a coach whole, a device it almost looks like a towel and they'll bite down the end of the tower with their teeth and someone will be standing outside the pool holding it and then three two one and then they let go of the towel or stop biting.
Speaker 2: That's how they actually dive.
Speaker 4: You think we are so privileged and we sit here and you wouldn't even think of that having to be an option to do.
Speaker 2: But we just go.
Speaker 4: We can kick off with our arms and they live and still compete with better times than I could do with all my limbs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, a good friend of mine Ellie Cole, so she is one of the most or she is the most decorated female Australian Paralympian ever. Like the amount of records that she has won is crazy. I was in the I'm a Celebrity Jungle with her, but we spoke to her recently about this conversation a lot of people are having on should the Paragames be separate to the Olympics, because we know that the Olympics happened, then there's a small break and then the Paragames happen. Most people that are watching from home are saying, like, you know these things should be combined. Why you know we should be putting some of those in. So we asked Ellie that as someone that has competed for so many years, as someone who has worked there in this industry for a long time, we asked her what she thought and this is what she had to say.
Speaker 5: I love the fact that they're actually segregated, and most people that are ablebodied think that Paralympians want Olympics and Paralympics to be together. It's a fair assumption because obviously it brings this incredible excitement that kind of kicks off the whole game cycle, and then the Paralympians come like four weeks later. Also, I think the Paralympic movement and the messaging is so different to the Olympics. Like the Olympics is all about high performance. It's all about their motto, which is like faster, higher, stronger or something like that.
Speaker 3: I don't really know what they be better best.
Speaker 5: But the Paralympics it adds such like a different depth to sports that is so much more relatable to the general public in terms of overcoming adversity and overcoming something incredible and just I suppose just being able to be in that position to perform on the high performance level is just amazing at itself before they even like out on the track or dive into the pool. It just adds so many extra layers to the best parts of being human that I think the Olympics it still has those moments, but not to the same extent as the Paralympics.
Speaker 2: All right, go listen to that episode with Ellie Cole. It's a good chat. Next on the show.
Speaker 4: I have a controversial opinion, as I often do, and it involves your classic and Nausie Staple, your morning coffee. I think our baristas are doing something that they need to stop. I'm going to survive the nation. Melbourn's going to be pissed off the coffee now, Melbourne. I feel like I'm gonna out myself now, ladies, but I need you to stick with me for a second.
Speaker 2: I have a controversial opinion.
Speaker 3: You always have a controversial opinion.
Speaker 4: But I feel like half of Australia is going to love me, half of Australia is gonna hate me.
Speaker 3: No one could possibly hate you, Mitch.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say thank you for saying that. I know I'm handsome.
Speaker 3: Can you just tell us what's so device?
Speaker 2: If you any privilege, I'm like a toothpick. All right, we go?
Speaker 4: Is it sometimes better? Is it sometimes better to have no personal connection at all with your local cafe, like shut up and make my coffee at all?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: Mitch, So hear me out, And I'm so sorry to ellenor I don't care make my arm and cap every morning. I love you, but today I was just not the mood to chat, and I got it all. I got all the chat, all the hobbies, all the weekend, and I just wanted to zone out, order my coffee, stand in the corner, wait for my name to be called, and go home.
Speaker 6: No, Mitch, this poor coffee like they can't win because if somebody didn't know who you are, you would be offended. But they didn't know who you are, and now they're not and now they're nice to you and they know your coffee order, and now you're complaining about it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think you're in control of how it goes down.
Speaker 3: That's what I think.
Speaker 1: I think you walk up if you don't want to have those conversations, walk up with conviction. If you're on the phone and you're like, hey, just how on give me a second, you're like, Hi, guys, I've got a great weekend. I'm going to get the usual. Can I just get a cappuccino? Thank you so much. Then you walk back outside and wait for your coffee phone.
Speaker 3: How in depth are you getting with your coffee person?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: How deep are you with the conversation with Steve?
Speaker 2: And my boyfriend? So she she's lovely, but we're deep. We're deep. And every time we talk, I'm there for an extra ten minutes.
Speaker 3: That's too long.
Speaker 2: But I do love it.
Speaker 4: Some days when I when it's early in the morning and I'm going for my hot girl walk, I'm okay.
Speaker 2: On some days now.
Speaker 6: Under this, I go to the same coffee shop every single day.
Speaker 3: Like every day I go there.
Speaker 6: Every day, I get the same coffee, and I walk up to the counter and I say, Hi, can I please get at large se latte? And she goes name the same the same woman, the same woman every single day, and I say, I'm Laura. It's really humbling, I quite. I mean, a part of me just wants to be like I do. We do this every day every single day. I know your name, you don't know mine.
Speaker 3: Her name? Her name Sarah? I know her name.
Speaker 2: You wait, you know your Brusa's name. She doesn't know who she does?
Speaker 3: She doesn't even know want to drink. I love my coffee shop. They know everything about me.
Speaker 1: Some if I walk, if I dare go there without my dog, they're like, what's up with Delilah?
Speaker 3: Is you having a weekend?
Speaker 1: And wait, does that mean you're going away to see your fiance? Because that's usually what happens when Delilah goes away, Like they know.
Speaker 6: Your coffee shop knows your dog's name, and my coffee shop doesn't know.
Speaker 4: When I house sat for Britain looked after Delilah last week, I would walk down the road and I'd be people would go Delilah, Delila.
Speaker 2: It was the cafe luring me, and then I felt bad. I had to pay twelve bucks for.
Speaker 4: Aciche lorain so dramaze. You know what you should do, Laura. Your problem is let me break it down for you. Okay, your problem. You need to walk in and go regardless of the cafe. Hey, guys, give me the usual, and that puts pressure on them to remember your order.
Speaker 2: Just say the usual.
Speaker 1: I reckon, I reckon if you had to go to it'd be a soy Cap. If someone walked in and was like the usual, I think you'd just be like, soy CAP's pretty stand.
Speaker 3: I don't reckon.
Speaker 4: If a barist is listening, yeah, I reckon, I reckon. It would be a cappuccino, a full fat who.
Speaker 3: Drinks normal milk. These days everyone's drinking weird milk.
Speaker 2: Would you do that?
Speaker 4: Would you walk into a round a cafe and just say give me the usual and see what they say.
Speaker 3: No, Laura wouldn't die. I don't like these things. I don't want to walk into a cafe. I would embarrass myself. You've got that conviction.
Speaker 2: At the end of the show, we simply be just another time.
Speaker 6: Well, last time we made Mitch go downstairs to the cafe, he ended up paying for someone's meals.
Speaker 3: So this time okay, So this week.
Speaker 2: This is what we're gonna do.
Speaker 3: Miss you.
Speaker 1: You're the cafe person now, so you're going to walk into a shop that you've never been to.
Speaker 3: We'll pick a coffee shop locally. You're gonna walk in.
Speaker 1: You can record the audio and you're going to say, hey, guys, just gonna grab the USh.
Speaker 3: Thanks, and then we're gonna see it. This was your gay.
Speaker 2: Hey, give me the hush.
Speaker 3: That's what the pool good to see you.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'll read their name. Take Hey, Mandy, how the kids give me the hush?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Do you know what? You go to my local coffee shop? Say hid to Sarah.
Speaker 2: She's got no idea, A hand in my heart. Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Let's do the barista prank this week on the pickup stop, the presses.
Speaker 3: Anyway, guys, not today, that's what we got.
Speaker 2: Time knocking on it. That's them.
Speaker 4: Hurry up the studio way back tomorrow with a coffee prank. Tell the press we'll see wal tomorrow.
Speaker 3: See you, guys,