Speaker 1: She's on the Money Radio Show.
Speaker 2: With Victoria Divine starts now, Hello.
Speaker 1: And welcome to the She's On the Money Radio Show podcast, the podcast for millennials who want financial freedom. You like that one, didn't you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I like it?
Speaker 1: Well done?
Speaker 5: Post the button?
Speaker 1: You just like my mom?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: I don't know, it just kind of feel like you know. Now, you are a very nice lady.
Speaker 4: And if Victoria is the mum, what am i?
Speaker 1: You're the uncle that needs to get off his butt and get himself a real job and sort his life out.
Speaker 6: Well that's not really nice. Who would tell anybody to get.
Speaker 5: A real job?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, thank you very much. When we can talk into sticks for a living and make millions of dollars?
Speaker 5: Oh are you making millions? Do we need to renegotiate our contract?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: Sorry, that's actually gravy on my contract.
Speaker 6: Thought, because I was about to say, I thought we did this out of goodwill. They have convinced me this is a good thing for my brand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, it'll be good for your profile. Thing is classic media right now. No, it's not gonna be made anyway.
Speaker 5: Brain exposure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the bathrooms on level three need a good cleaning. It'll be great for your profile if you just jump on in and jift the toilets for us.
Speaker 5: Hard no from me.
Speaker 1: The funny thing about talking about your contract the image is we actually had on the show today with our money dilemma. Wendy wrote in and she was asking what's the best way to get a pay rise? So maybe she did she did, You're the person that we need to talk to scrape Victoria's advice, and we need to talk to you Victoria.
Speaker 6: No, we touched on it and it was good. Oh, I reckon It was a good episode. But we did an entire episode on the podcast recently about asking for a pay rise, So definitely if you haven't listened.
Speaker 5: To that, go back to it. Because I feel like we all.
Speaker 6: Need to know our worth, Like it pisces me off guys that we have friends and family and even ourselves that are undervaluing ourselves or don't have the confidence to ask for what we're worth, Like it just makes sense.
Speaker 4: Also, can I be honest, I was terrified to ask for a pay rise, and then the moment I did it was it was easy and my boss was expecting it. The guys, they're not shocked, like they're your boss. Their job is to pay you, so they're always expecting you to ask more money and the worst thing they can do is say no.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We also do a which I think is funny, to do a super Savier Saturday. So Victoria's got tips for us, And we also do I think my favorite segment, tell them they're dreaming, You've got to sing it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we actually talk about dryalint, which is interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shocking. I don't know how we did it, but we did.
Speaker 1: We did. But the other thing is guilty pleasures, and we didn't get much time to talk about this. What's a guilty pleasure that you've actually bought in the last week? Victoria's last week a six dollar Okay, what about you? Mitch?
Speaker 4: I bought a four thousand dollars DJ set imported from Milwaukee in the US.
Speaker 1: Are you choking?
Speaker 5: He is actually getting paid way more than us track?
Speaker 1: How god, mate, how the hell did you get that?
Speaker 4: Mate? I've got five radio shows okay, your free rich Rich Rich I bought those.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Mitch, Mitch Rich I love that, Rich Mitch.
Speaker 1: My whole thing was Ben and Jerry's have got like the salted topped Carol brownie or that was my guilty pleasure. But the only reason I bought it was because it was half priced at will It.
Speaker 5: That's a money win. That is a money winn, money win, making money by buying that ice cream, to be rude, not.
Speaker 4: To money win on the fly when you get the sale items at the checkout at the service station. I always fall.
Speaker 6: For that every time I actually end up buying gum and lollies and stuff if I'm hungry.
Speaker 4: It's the two for six gum deal. It's not even a saving, it's just the same prices.
Speaker 5: To actually really bad like it's a trap.
Speaker 6: It's all about marketing, right, It's all about like psychology and how they get you. It's white check out at the supermarket. They always have lollies and chocolates. It's not because they think you will want them. It's because they know that your kid is standing there asking for it.
Speaker 5: And it's like a dollar, right, So how do you shut your up?
Speaker 6: You just say, yeah, no problems, grab it, pop it on the pop it in the trolley, and it's fine.
Speaker 1: That's weird because I don't have a kid that I.
Speaker 5: Know of, so still buy on the chocolates.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what kid did anyone else's dad? Maybe this is the dad thing, My dad did it? Maybe a mom thing. They would as the checkout went through and the items were being scanned, they would grab a copy of Okay, your new idea and read it, Oh my god, so quicky, and then put as if their life depended on it, and then put it back before it was time to pay.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: That has triggered some kind of memory in me that reminds me of what it was like in like the early two thousands to go a checkout and feel anxious. You know what was worse than that? Though, Mitch or your mum was like, oh my god, I forgot the milk, and then she'd leave you at their checkout drink.
Speaker 5: And you'd be like, oh my god, what if she.
Speaker 6: Doesn't come back, and this checkout lady thinks I can pay for it money?
Speaker 1: What am I going to do?
Speaker 5: My mom's not going to come back with the milk.
Speaker 6: Or the eggs or whatever she forgot to put in the cart.
Speaker 4: And they always take so much time, don't they take it?
Speaker 5: And then you get there and your mum comes back and it's fine.
Speaker 4: Or they will ask you what Flybys you say, I don't know what fly I don't even know My nine times.
Speaker 6: Tables don't even have Flybys. I get asked all the time. I feel like I'm missing out because Jess, who is a co host of the actual she's on the Money podcast, not this one.
Speaker 5: It's just like the market.
Speaker 1: Thanks mate, appreciate You're welcome.
Speaker 6: She saved up so many Flybys points that she bought herself an entire kitchenaide stand mixer with the points.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what that is, but it's I do it too, so expensive great like money win.
Speaker 5: I need to get myself a Flybys.
Speaker 1: Cart just quickly. The whole magazine at the shopping thing.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, then we spoke about an hour ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah No. I just have to say this. I think my mum, chrisy Roebuck, is single handedly keeping New Idea and Women's Day in business because she's the only one who ever reads that and buys it every single week, and then she gives it to my sister who reads it two weeks later, which is fantastic.
Speaker 6: That's pretty good. That's getting a latter bank for bart really is she? She should come on the show.
Speaker 4: Can I give you a fun fact that I often don't share, but on the front page of New Ideas and the Okays the actors. You know, it's like my dad was secretly my brother who at the end of the day was my cousin. You know the really crazy headlines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know how Mitch knows that is because it's.
Speaker 5: How he got that four thousand dollars DJ stuff.
Speaker 1: She's on the Muney radio show coming out to you right now.
Speaker 2: This is She's on the Money radio.
Speaker 1: Show Saturday morning round the country. This is she's on the Money Radio show with Australia's number one finance podcast of Victoria Devine Mitsedtury as well, and it is time to do this dream?
Speaker 4: How good's a good yell? Just to get it out of your system, so therapeutic, cathartic even.
Speaker 1: And make people feel bad about themselves instead of you.
Speaker 4: Right, Oh god, yeah, that's my lot.
Speaker 5: That's so nasty. Do you know what really annoys me about yelling?
Speaker 6: Absolute side note? I sometimes get frustrated, right, like, no want to have a hard shocked at me, shocking my partner won't yell at me, like you know, when you're like, oh my god, I can't believe.
Speaker 5: You did this. He's like, Okay, no problems, I'll fix that. Like he's two level headed.
Speaker 1: That's called being a door mat Steve soly not.
Speaker 5: It's called being a good human.
Speaker 1: And I am not one.
Speaker 4: What this segment's about. And so it's when we've all done it. We've all been scrolling through Facebook Marketplace looking for a bargain, or you've gone app shopping and you go, you know, I'm not going to buy it here. I'm going to go to Facebook Marketplace and save one hundred dollars. We get blown away by how much people think they're junk is worth. That's why we're playing a tel and they're dreaming. So we found five weird marketplace items, right, guys, you all have one we did?
Speaker 5: We did, Trav, you get to go first this week.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I mean this is state of the art technology. It's something this radio station probably still uses. In fact, it might actually be this radio station that is selling this. By the way, a Sanyo Beta VC good used. It says good English in the title good used working condition. How much would you pay for a Sanyo Beta VCR.
Speaker 4: She's a VCR player.
Speaker 5: You have videotapes.
Speaker 1: It's essentially a video player.
Speaker 5: Yeah ten bucks, Oh yeah, and we're on the same page.
Speaker 1: It's worth tens all right, give me an extra three hundred and forty because it's three hundred and fifty bucks. But you know what, have a look at it that.
Speaker 5: I actually need one of those. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 6: I thought it'd be like ten bucks on Facebook Marketplace. And you know what, I'm getting married at the end of this year and my parents d tape is still on VCR and they said, oh my gosh, you should watch this beforehand. And I low key wan too because it's like so nice. Right, we're going through wedding stuff. I need a VC. I'm not paying three hundred and fifty bucks?
Speaker 5: Are you joking?
Speaker 4: Too much money? What about this?
Speaker 2: All of this?
Speaker 4: I got okay, Apple MacBook Air original box, the box, it's just the bus. But it's in the fancy shipping. This is there where it's fancy shipping cardboard bugs. It says this was ordered online, so it comes with a high quality got board box, which it was shipped in. What do we think they're asking for that? It's it's in Sydney.
Speaker 6: Free pick up because it's rubbish and they just want you to come and take it out of their house. Maybe they're putting it on Facebook marketplace because it doesn't fit in the bin.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how much for the most Yeah, I said free.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say seven dollars.
Speaker 4: Fifty bucks for the bus in a box?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: I hope sometimes these people are taking the piers and they are waiting for the one person to come up and then just take them away and go. You, sir, are crazy because you are willing to pay fifty bucks for a box and get it.
Speaker 4: I hope they listen to this radio show and I'm just doing this for Victoria, Travin, Mitch. They've got content on that.
Speaker 5: I really appreciate it. I've actually got two for you today.
Speaker 6: One of them I kind of feel like they've done it to take the mickey. The other I'm just confused about. So the first one is lettuce. They have a bag of single leaf iceberg lettuce. It's crisp and crunchy. It's from Woolies. On the packet you can see in the photo. Two dollars.
Speaker 5: What do you think they're selling it for? Oh my god, what do you think they're trying.
Speaker 1: To sell for with the prices, I am going to say forty dollars.
Speaker 6: No, five hundred. They are making a very good profit margin.
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous, all right, but you said you had to I do.
Speaker 6: This one came through my DMS earlier this week. This one's from Queensland. I'm going to make you, guys guess the price again. Here's a picture of it.
Speaker 5: Do you know what that is? Trav No?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Idea? All right?
Speaker 1: So it's like some kind of a rabbit or a cat in a bowl or something.
Speaker 5: It is linked from my dryer about a year's worth. How much is someone selling their dryer linked for? Guys?
Speaker 4: Too much?
Speaker 5: I mean, I would just put that in the bin.
Speaker 4: But I reckon, we're talking sense. I think we're talking sense. They're after seventy five cents.
Speaker 1: I think I'm going to say, because people are idiots, five bucks?
Speaker 5: No, two hundred and fifty dollar US.
Speaker 1: How does that even say what the lint is from? Like, if it's from much special edition Yeezy, I know, Mitch would probably be interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe they've been drying their CASHMI or something.
Speaker 4: Sorry to send me that link. I might be yes you later.
Speaker 5: But is that a thing only it's a limp ball.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, yeah, the only link I'm doing is the chocolate version. But you know what, people like to spend their money on the most random things. So coming up next on the She's on the Money radio show, Let's do guilty pleasures. What is your guilty pleasure? How much do you spend on that? Thirteen one, six y five. We want to hear from you right now. It's not the seventeen thousand dollars uber eats that you do, Mitch.
Speaker 5: Is it a six dollar larte?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it might be two hundred and fifty dollars in who knows.
Speaker 4: Don't you guilt shame people? Please? Everyone has very different We're not.
Speaker 5: Guilt shaming anybody.
Speaker 6: We're all about embracing everybody's choices.
Speaker 5: Some of them are better than others, though.
Speaker 1: Thirteen to one, I six five. Give us a call right now, what's your guilty pleasure? And we will guilt shame you. Next here on She's on the Money Radio Show.
Speaker 2: She's on the Money Radio Show.
Speaker 1: Saturday morning. It's She's on the Money Radio show. Right around the country with Australia's number one Finance podcast of Victoria Devine and the Dancing Queen who's been dancing up a storm in the songs there Mitch churry, how are you mate?
Speaker 4: Anyone got some deodor? And I'm I'm dancing up a sweating here.
Speaker 6: The wondering isn't gonna benefit you, It will benefit us exactly.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: But we are all here thanks to Budget Direct winn are we can Stars Insurer of the Year Award twenty twenty two Budget Direct Insurance Solved.
Speaker 6: We're talking about guilty pleasures today, and I believe we have a few callers that have come through some stings.
Speaker 5: Good ones. Play the sting so we can get through that it.
Speaker 4: Play it.
Speaker 1: You guys aren't even my real mum and dad. Guilty thirty six five give us a call right now. We want to hear what's that crazy thing that you know? You go, Oh, I probably shouldn't spend all my cash on this, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Mine's uber eats. Victoria, what's yours coffee? Yeah, a lot of cough, a lot of cough.
Speaker 1: What about you, Belle? What's your guilty pleasure?
Speaker 7: Well, basically, I only stay at hotels that have beautiful pools. Just so I can get a selfie to send to my ex and make him jealous.
Speaker 4: Oh and does it work?
Speaker 6: Why are you still tuxting your ex? Do we need to talk about this? Do you want to grab a coffee?
Speaker 7: Absolutely not texting him, just putting it on Instagram and I know who's working.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you are right, all right, But I feel like that's a good criteria to meet when you're going on holiday. If I go on holiday like I'm off to Balley like Mitch was last week, I want to.
Speaker 4: Go, let's power through, let's push on.
Speaker 5: I feel like the pool is a place I spend a lot of time. It's not a guilty pleasure. It's just a smart woman.
Speaker 1: Have you ever rocked up to one bell and it's just like this is not what it's said on the box and it's just like a bath tub or something.
Speaker 7: There was one and it just did not live up to my photographic.
Speaker 4: But hold on, Bell, I'm confused. Is the goal to convince people that you own a house with one hundred different pools? People?
Speaker 5: To convince people she can go on expensive holidays?
Speaker 4: All right, all right, guilty pleasure, take it. Thank you Belle for your call.
Speaker 1: Thank you all right, we have Sasha now thirty one, I six five. We're taking your calls on your guilty pleasure. Sasha, what's yours?
Speaker 7: My guilty pleasure is nanoblock.
Speaker 3: We basically like this teeny tiny lego that you use tweezers to assemble like little display models of things.
Speaker 7: And it started out as I was at a bookshop and there was this little nanoblock thing and I bought it. It was like fifteen bucks. I got addicted. I don't know, I must have been going through something in my life. And I've now moved up to full like two hundred and fifty dollars mini city replicas, and I have two. I have London and I have Paris.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I'm impressed because I would get so frustrated at that I just couldn't do it.
Speaker 7: That's part of it.
Speaker 3: You sit and you're like oh, and then you finally get it and it's amazing.
Speaker 6: My ADHD could never So how much have you spent on this, Sasha?
Speaker 7: So it's two hundred and fifty dollars for a full city. No, keep in mind that the city it moves so like the London Eye in the London, like it's an actual little revolving circle bits.
Speaker 4: You're here to promote it us some time, and right now you can get London and Shanghai for the good price twelve five hundred off. It's not a guilty pleasure, it's a guilty plug. Drop her trap.
Speaker 1: Whatever that was guilty pleasures. We're going to do that again soon. I love that segment.
Speaker 5: I love that segment.
Speaker 4: It's so much fun.
Speaker 5: What do you do with these little cities once you've got them?
Speaker 1: I thought she said Nana block and then I was like, what is that?
Speaker 6: But I thought she was going to talk to us about crypto, and it was about to be like, get.
Speaker 4: Off my show. Anyway.
Speaker 1: If you've got a money dilemma, you're struggling with your cash flow, probably from buying too much crypto. If you need some advice, you can hear us up right now at She's on the Money Social Mitch. Who's hit us up this week?
Speaker 4: Wendy. And you know, for someone named Wendy to hit us up online, you know it's it takes a while to log up on the.
Speaker 5: Computer and get on loves the name Wendy.
Speaker 4: It reminds me of Yeah, but you just know, Wendy's not at Uni. You know what I mean. Wendy's Wendy's on a probos bus tour. Yeah, but potentially she wants to know how do I ask? Actually, I'll do it in Wendy's voice, how do I ask for a pay?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Wendy sounds just like Victoria Divine.
Speaker 5: You guys are so nice to me.
Speaker 4: Victoria.
Speaker 1: That's coming up next on She's on the Money radio show.
Speaker 5: I believe it's Vicky d This is.
Speaker 1: She's on the Money Radio show Saturday morning. She's on The Money Radio Show with Australia's number one finance podcast of Victoria Devine. Mitch Curry as well, we're doing High. You were doing Victoria and your voice is there, Mitch because they were very similar.
Speaker 5: He's trying. You don't even need men.
Speaker 4: Now is Victoria or the High?
Speaker 2: Who is the yup?
Speaker 1: I want you to do this segment as Victoria, Mitch, because we're doing this. Press the button, Thank you, Captain of he is. I almost forgot Each.
Speaker 4: Week we bring you someone's fine. Actually, dog down, Lucy hold on? Can someone call reception? The Chanel deliveries here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Chanel don't deliver Come on now, sit down.
Speaker 4: Sorry, let's get to the money dilemma. Okay, so this is uh.
Speaker 1: Doing Victoria's voice. Oh, actually he did, so.
Speaker 4: That's meaning the what I did, Victoria. Oh, okay. Wendy posted on the Shoes on the Money Facebook community group about asking for a pay rise. So this is what she says. Wendy asks, I've been telling my partner for many years that he's underpaid and should be asking for a pay rise, but he never does, and it drives me nuts. He was painfully shy when we met, but just come out of his shell, which is great. However, when we have a conversation about it, he shuts down completely. I'm wondering if there is something that will make him click to ask for that pay rise. Good question, Victoria, Oh.
Speaker 5: This is not the way I thought you'd ask this question. It's usually I.
Speaker 6: Want a pay rise? How do I ask? I feel like there's a lot going on there right. Obviously, confidence is a really big part of asking for a pay rise, but it's all about knowing your worth. Like we need to know our worth and to do that when it comes to asking for a pay rise. There are a few things we can do to be a bit more confident. So firstly, we can look at our job description and what we're being paid, and do a little bit of Google searching and see what other jobs that fit that criteria are actually paying, so that we know we're either on the mark, or we're under, or we're over, so we get a good idea of what the market's doing. The second thing we do is look at.
Speaker 5: Our job description and what we actually.
Speaker 6: Do, because often those true things differ a little bit. Like we'll have our job description, but then if we've been there for a few years, we might have taken on a number of other responsibilities, Like someone might have left and you might have absorbed some of their job, and now you're actually performing in a completely different capacity and that might need to be remunerated differently. It's not necessarily about the above and beyond. I know that a lot of people will be like, but I put so much energy and effort into my job, and it's like, well, yeah, but your.
Speaker 5: Boss is going to expect that.
Speaker 6: So let's sit down and go all right, well, what is this job actually worth and how does this work. One of the things that I really like, not a sponsored plug, but something that has been really handy for my clients, and I is the Hayes Salary Guide. If you just google the Hayes Salary Guide, it will pop up. And for me, that's one of the most comprehensive guides I can find that benchmarks different salaries, so that you can actually take something and have some research. When you sit down with your boss and go, I want to pay rise, you can go because I know the market pays this in this location, So I think we also need to sit down and go all right, well, why do I deserve this?
Speaker 5: Like if I was my boss, what would be those blockers?
Speaker 6: What are the things that my boss would say no, Like I can't afford it, or I can't do this, or I can't do that. Write down all of those. So when you approach your boss, you can say, hey, I'd love to have a chat to you about my remuneration. Never just waltz into their office with a whole heap of papers and be like, we need to talk about my pay.
Speaker 5: Organize the time to sit down.
Speaker 6: Can also adequately prepare themselves big a time that they won't be too stressed. We did some research in the Sheets on the Money community. We find that Thursday is the perfect day to usk O pay us because it's not the start of the week when people are really stressed. It's not Friday when people are just trying to get out the door. Gives them enough time to think about it. But from my perspective, it's all about research. And another hot tip that has been happening in my community has been an email folder. So keep an email folder in your emails. So when you get good feedback or things that you think you've done really well, take a copy of that email. Drop it into that folder, so that when you go to talk to your boss, you're not just putting research in front of them, You're putting proof in front of them. Because all of us are usually terrible at blowing our own trumpets. But if we get good feedback and then we're like, oh my gosh, I know I got some good feedback throughout the year, where is it? It's usually really hard to find, not if you have a folder of it, So can you track of it? Make sure that you're taking to your boss a very reasonable explanation of why you might deserve that. It can actually be a very pragmatic conversation. And I think if we can peel our emotions away from that it's what is the job that I'm doing today worth? How do I articulate what it could be worth or should be worth? And then how do I sit down and have an educated conversation with my boss where they basically can't say no?
Speaker 1: Great tips? All right, if you want to get in touch with us, just search. She's on the Money on socials, Isn't that right, Victoria Devine.
Speaker 6: Type us into any social media platform when we're there. Don't promise it's good on TikTok though. Terrible content there.
Speaker 1: Great content though. Coming up next super save As Saturday, Victoria, You're going to give us some sneaky little tips on how we can keep more bucks in our bank account. That's coming up next on She's on the Money radio show.
Speaker 2: This is She's on the Money radio.
Speaker 1: Show Saturday morning right across this country of ours. It's She's on the Money radio show with Australia's number one finance podcast of Victoria Divine, Mitch Cheery as well. And guys, we're doing it all thanks to budget Direct. Winn're of can Stars Insurer of the Year Award twenty twenty two. Budget Direct Insurance Solved. But it's time for this simple save a Saturday. Yeah, every single week, Victoria, you give us some sneaky little tips on Yeah, they definitely are. It's kind of like, oh, I shouldn't know about this, but I do.
Speaker 5: It's not you shouldn't know. You deserve to know. That's why we're telling you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I mean. It's like we shouldn't know because some people are trying to keep it a secret, but we're telling you, and it's like you're part of some little secret club.
Speaker 5: Yeah, have a little bit of a money win. I've got a money win.
Speaker 6: I'm going to save to the very last, which I know is going to impact a lot of people around Australia at different amounts. But this is a two hundred and fifty dollars money win for Victorians. So that's very good. But first, cab off the rank guys, generic brand prescription medication.
Speaker 4: I've just discovered this you actually, yeah, because we've just discovered that my partner has anaphylactic he's actually allergic to COVID. It's a long story.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, I remember you telling us this. This is crazy, Like imagine being hit with that stick.
Speaker 4: That's awful, I know. So he needs EpiPens. Right, So EpiPens are so expensive, and there's a whole discussion we could have on those being made cheaper. But we got the generic brand epipan, which I didn't even know you could do. It was half the price.
Speaker 6: Feel like it's something that a lot of us have been asked, right, Like you go to fill a prescription and the chemist will say, hey, do you want the generic one, and you're like, oh, no, Like, just give me.
Speaker 5: What the doctor prescribe.
Speaker 6: I was talking to my pharmacist the other day when in the middle of the day and he was having a bit of a chat with me, and it's exactly the same medication, like same active ingredients, same everything. It just comes in a different box and it's a lot cheaper. And he was saying he doesn't understand why everyone just doesn't default to that, because he's.
Speaker 5: Like, why do you need a name brand? What are you going to do?
Speaker 1: Because people just hate budget marketing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you're not getting a subpar product.
Speaker 6: It's basically identical in a different wrapping, which I think is really important to take into consideration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we really know. Unless we were listening to the Shees on the Money radio shower save a Saturday man.
Speaker 4: Hit me with tip two.
Speaker 6: Baby, guys, everybody has that thing in their house that they just don't use.
Speaker 5: Sell your unused items.
Speaker 6: We drag Facebook marketplace a little bit, so probably be really reasonable about what you're popping online. Otherwise you might find yourself on the show. But sell your unused items. If you're not using that keyboard because you bought it and you thought you were going to teach yourself piano, pop it off, pluck it online, get rid of it, turn it into cash. Use that cash to pump up your emergency fund, or invest or save, or even just take yourself out for a little date. But I just think it's so important to always be looking for ways to find some extra cash now homes. And I'm putting that tip in there because I actually need to take that myself.
Speaker 4: What do you have, Victoria, What do you have line around that you could sell?
Speaker 6: I've got a treadmill, Like I bought a treadmill during COVID, but I bought one of those like flat treadmills, the walking pads.
Speaker 4: Yes you watch TV and stand at the desk and do it.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, so I thought i'd do that, but I haven't used it, So this is my kick up the bottom to either sell it or start using it.
Speaker 4: Or you could repurpose it as an at home sushi train and put it inol Wow.
Speaker 6: He just throws food at the wall because it's like it doesn't go round in a circle.
Speaker 4: On Speed one Victoria Speed one.
Speaker 6: Or I could get really lazy and put my dog on it instead of going for walks.
Speaker 5: She'd do it.
Speaker 1: You leave Lucy alone. Your Bully fIF.
Speaker 5: Three again not sponsored.
Speaker 6: It's actually a government initiative that's going on is the two hundred and fifty power Saving bonus that is a one off two hundred and fifty dollars cash back if you upload in Victoria a copy of your energy bill, and a heap of people in the Shees on the money community have been doing this. You pop online, you go to the compared dot energy dot victor gov dot au website, you upload a copy of your energy bill. Bam, two hundred and fifty bucks back in your account. It doesn't even have to be a two hundred and fifty dollars bill. It's just a flat payout free money. And last year they had it, but it was only for concession cardholders.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: Now it's gone, everybody and their dog can get their two hundred and fifty bucks back.
Speaker 4: Lucy, Yeah, what a deal.
Speaker 6: Lucy's sleep under the desk. She's so sick of our stuff. She's just like, can you get me out of here?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 6: I want to go to brunch. I know how this works. I come record, then my mum takes me to get megs.
Speaker 1: It's funny because that's what we can do, Victoria. But Mitch Churry, can't you are doing Brittain Laura the Life on Cut radio show.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing Britain Laura, how DEI. They're both very respectful women. They wouldn't do me.
Speaker 5: Okay, well you're going to go do their show? Is that better?
Speaker 4: Thank you show?
Speaker 1: All right, that's coming up straight after the news. We're out of here. We'll be back next week. In the meantime, if you want to catch up with this, just search. She's on the money on Socials. But until then, we'll see you next week. See them by you