Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime all right, folks, knives and spades, Oh happily.
Speaker 3: Be an alien edited remixing myself The Christian o'connel Show Gold one oh four Pine three So one two hundred and twenty four Morning Champ posts, Good morning, Good morning, Patsy, Morning Patsy. How was your day yesterday?
Speaker 2: Picture this? Can you?
Speaker 4: When I got home yesterday, the Love God was doing some work from home, and I go up to his office and here he is, like a rhinestone cowboy, chewing on beef jerky for a snack.
Speaker 3: I always wonder who buys that stuffs. Always buy the tailor by the chewing gum.
Speaker 5: But it doesn't surprise me that to your husband.
Speaker 3: That does it? Like a beef jerkey? Yeah? Yeah? So what was he on? Like a zoom call or doing like office duties whilst chewing beef Jerkyay?
Speaker 4: In between in between meetings and and chewing on the beef jerky, I said, there's plenty of fruit and yogurt up there in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Why can you?
Speaker 4: Why must you insist on chewing on that rancid stuff? He says, it's like a barbecue at the ready wherever you go.
Speaker 5: About a year ago you told us you put him on this green diet. They went to the doctor. They said, you have to improve what is eating, and you put him on the Green diet. The beef turkey doesn't really seem like it's in the drop down menu of the.
Speaker 4: Green die even remotely Jack, not even remotely Matt friendly.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting beef jerk in.
Speaker 3: The middle of the day. It's like a barbecue on the go.
Speaker 6: He should be the poster boy for that.
Speaker 3: Actually, So he's.
Speaker 4: Right into this Netflix show territory and I think he's just taking.
Speaker 3: I'm going to start to watch it this weekend after you mentioned the other day, Patsy. Obviously, I've noticed that half the cast were in the Viking show that I absolutely loved. Really so just relocated to Australia to another violent saga, not.
Speaker 2: A Viking insight in the desert.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just looking at the description of the show. So it's a Netflix show territory. When the world's largest livestock farm is left without a successor, the most powerful factions in the Australian outback, miners, landowners, cowboys and gangsters. Quite a lot here gangsters and cowboys and miners. Have you ever seen a TV show where miners are on the central protagonist?
Speaker 6: Welcome to Australia, The Perfect Miners.
Speaker 4: It's quite good. It sucked me as well. I really like I think I like it better than Yellowstone and I love that.
Speaker 2: It's what drama?
Speaker 4: How can you say this, pert because it's Australian name Costner. No, because it's Australian made and we need the drama back on our screens. Is drama money invested.
Speaker 3: On local running for office or something for next year? You're going to take on Couter. We need it, We need the investment in here.
Speaker 4: Look at all the Look at all the amazing stars that we've made here, Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman, Rusty, all these right actors.
Speaker 3: And you run out after three and she's going to get your three. Most of us you'd run out of the road. Yeah, you're right about all the thousands of actors at UK or America have churned out.
Speaker 6: Well after four, you've given us four names.
Speaker 5: It's a lot more, all right.
Speaker 7: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: On the time Waste Yesterday we had so many time wasters from you guys. We're doing a part two today and extra time waster. It's all about posh bands. We're looking for posh bans. The best three we get during the next five minutes time we give away. We've got show mugs. We haven't given away nags. You can have show mugs for the best three posh bans post bands, Panic at the Mansion, Silver.
Speaker 6: The Beastly Boys.
Speaker 3: They were beastly boys, Beastly boys, the rotters you mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's see Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Who are famous family?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, that's billionaires. You've got to go deep for that one. Not Bob Marley, Snop Marley Gold and not Alice Cooper Palace Cooper.
Speaker 5: Gold, Jackie Boy.
Speaker 3: What have you got? Posh bands?
Speaker 5: The Blings of Leon.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's good. Yeah. Silver, Oh, this thing is.
Speaker 5: Saying in a very like surious hotel Katie.
Speaker 3: Langham, Wow, friend of andre I like it?
Speaker 6: Gold?
Speaker 5: Did you like the All American Rejects? Yes, you'll love the All American roll ex.
Speaker 1: We got that Silver plus the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Exit on of time waste. So there's so many yesterday for posh bands. We're doing a part two today. Some of the golds win show marks. Jack, are you reading tomorrow?
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Not Kate Bush. Kate's krocken Bush gold. That actually it's a lot to type out early in the morning.
Speaker 5: That's a golden mug.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Old Don Laura, we love salt pepper, but posh people love him Alay in salt pepper. Some of that pink magic, well done. Josh Friends all glam bronze, Billy Steynish silver, Metallicatier gold good Andrew well done, Private Beach Boys Gold, Johnny Cashola bronze, not ice house, but nice house.
Speaker 5: Mug.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's so funny. Uh well we are Joe Dolce one, Joe Dolce Cabana's gold.
Speaker 5: That's the golden mark.
Speaker 3: Well done, Stuart Guy Christian. It's not just meat loaf, it's Patsy's meat loaf.
Speaker 6: No, I'll do that.
Speaker 3: Michaels, Bob Ferrari, Bob Ferrari silver and old Fi to penfold five. Very nice guys, but a Matt the Rolls roy Stores bronze. Egli cherry was here the other week. It's a regal eye cherry.
Speaker 6: Very pretty good.
Speaker 3: Chay well done and bling Crosby Gold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well done everyone The Christian O'Connell Show podcast for this week's first world problems.
Speaker 3: We don't realize how spoiled and pampain we are on our cozy Cozy Lives yesterday, and actually texts my wife to say, you don't believe this. I've just broken the butter dish. My god, we're gonna put this butter. The butter dish is broken. This news cannot wait for you to get home with dear wife. You need to know right now and to crash into your life right now. Can't wait half an hour. This is a major situation, breaking news at home. The butter dish is broken.
Speaker 5: Where is the butter living for now?
Speaker 3: Well, now it's going. It's a place. The shame if this story gets out.
Speaker 2: Guy's very damagish that you have have a butter dish.
Speaker 3: But I thought everyone did China one. No, I'm so sorry to hear this.
Speaker 5: That might be porcelain.
Speaker 6: Oh that's good, that's good, that's good.
Speaker 3: You're so potta have anice. You haven't got a butter dish. I thought you'd love a.
Speaker 4: Butter dish, only like if we have Christmas dinner. Or something special.
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: We just have the tub on the table.
Speaker 5: Oh we get that butter at the time, wrapped in the alum.
Speaker 6: You got to take it out.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that. I didn't know that. I didn't know. That's bosh, that's just on the shelf.
Speaker 2: What do you mean on this shelf.
Speaker 3: That's how it's stored in that rapper. It can't just be like you pick up a bare brick of butter. Said that ten times.
Speaker 2: But we get it in the term.
Speaker 3: Sorry you use margarine. No, gosh, no it Marjarine. If it's in the tub, it's got legs.
Speaker 2: Butt a Western Victoria.
Speaker 3: Shop, local shop local, I drive, I drive to Perth.
Speaker 5: This butter is or he gets sent from Mother England.
Speaker 3: Along with all the latest decks, is Midnight Runners, hits.
Speaker 2: So it's laid near cobbd In and it's delicious. Western Star. It's been around for years.
Speaker 3: That's the botch of Yes, but I get it in the wrapper Western Star as well. It's on the shelves in the tub. I'm saying the U is Margarine, No it is. It's butter for mumblies that it's too tough to have it in a spedible form. We do get week risks. I can't. I don't get no.
Speaker 2: Please, it's been a nice little foil wrapper that you heel.
Speaker 3: Back opening a Christmas present.
Speaker 5: I get a new book of butter Maybe you've got I can't believe it's not bun but.
Speaker 3: I think she's got butterly Butterly, you know, the little bogan one. We've got spreadable. None of that stuff that furls up your bread.
Speaker 2: No, it's not margarine.
Speaker 3: That is not bad she got.
Speaker 6: Of course it's got a Marjorie.
Speaker 2: Now it's not.
Speaker 4: You're a lid denieres not define a Marjorie.
Speaker 8: It does.
Speaker 2: Really are bar.
Speaker 6: Armers right now?
Speaker 3: Or all chewing curd and going on? He's right old, This is enough talk about.
Speaker 6: But you're quite right, so PASSI what's your first world problem?
Speaker 4: Yesterday I was making a sandwich, got a beautiful loaf of sour dough.
Speaker 3: Only when I put the margarine on it, did you no.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'll put some avocado.
Speaker 5: Is wasted if you just put it margarine.
Speaker 2: Actually yeah, I'll put some avocado.
Speaker 4: But as I sliced it, it had must have had an air bubble in it. When the baker put it in the oven because it had a massive, great crater.
Speaker 3: Not going to do that.
Speaker 6: You go, this is wasted. It was weird to go back to the shop.
Speaker 5: It's half a slice.
Speaker 3: It's like you're given me fifty percent air.
Speaker 2: Yes, how have I put.
Speaker 4: Two slices together and lifted it up? All the filling would have went through the middle of it like it was.
Speaker 6: Lunch's counseled three.
Speaker 2: Lunch was off.
Speaker 3: Sourdough is very temperate men, very holy gappy bread, is it?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's mainly eighty percent air. It's like a bready aarow bar.
Speaker 9: What is that?
Speaker 2: Is it in air bubble? When it cooks that that the dough doesn't stick.
Speaker 4: Together, eating through it dust What looks like a rat had been attacking it.
Speaker 2: There was just like the outer crust left.
Speaker 5: Your husband's gone eating all the middles out of it.
Speaker 3: And it's the air again, patsy air gaps. Maybe it's the Marsharines' stort tearing through it. No, it's not, Jackie boy, what's your first world problem?
Speaker 5: This is really bugging me at the moment. We have a son us that's set up and it plays the TV volume out of.
Speaker 3: It, but oh you got that. It was your sound bar sound very nice.
Speaker 5: But I can't figure out how to get the TV remote to work with the volume. So while it changes all the channels on.
Speaker 3: The TV, you've got two separate remotes.
Speaker 5: No, not even have to get up and walk across the room.
Speaker 3: Alicia got butter dish up, thought Jack, for those poor people that don't have budter of dishes like you and I.
Speaker 5: You won't pull him up or down.
Speaker 3: You got to walk and you're kidding school in school, like TV's used to be, get up and change the channel.
Speaker 7: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian First World Problems.
Speaker 3: My wife and I are arguing this week about the color of the tiles we're going to use on our new pool.
Speaker 6: That is that peak of first world problems.
Speaker 3: Jack mentioning that he has to get up and change the volume control on his son on sound bar under his TV has sent a lot of the techies listen to show into a tizzy. Lockie, who's own audio producer on our show, just came to the studio and he's always a very mild manner, nice guy, and he just sort of said to Jack, for real, was that for real? Was that just a bit on it.
Speaker 5: You're doing a bit. I'm not doing a bit.
Speaker 3: It's not like it's a classic comedy bit of worthy of Seinfelt.
Speaker 5: Come to me, give me some space A six fifty for my son off bits. No, I have a very old TV, and I think it doesn't.
Speaker 6: Anything that I saw a couple of years ago.
Speaker 5: This is then we got a hand me down.
Speaker 2: From you're so tired, just get a proper they're like four.
Speaker 3: Hundred and.
Speaker 5: This thing does the job. But what it doesn't do is it it doesn't have the technology. I don't think to talk to something as new as a sound bar.
Speaker 3: Right, So it does it.
Speaker 5: It can't change the volume with the remote.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm getting a lot of messages that are coming through al saying the same thing, making sure you plug the HDMI into the arc or the e arc. I don't know what.
Speaker 6: I know what the HDMI is.
Speaker 3: That's that table, Yes, I know that bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Christian charge of the cables like HDMI near it. It's my only job in that family is if there's any problem with that, going go and get your dirty knows about this stuff. I know what you have to do.
Speaker 6: It's not comicated.
Speaker 3: It's one of like three little ports going to be an hour and get the tools 'es best you get out of the house actually, because they think it starts sparking and just like flames to come up.
Speaker 4: Sometimes there'd have to be someone listening, jack that can set you up and fix that, so you don't have to like there's got to be an easy.
Speaker 5: Oh look, I'll tell you what I'll look for. The ark or the e. Is that something you plug into or is it button?
Speaker 3: I don't know? Is it so lost for something else? All right, tomorrow on the show The Longest Pop. We've got a load of you joining us on the show tomorrow. Up for grabs. Who ever can pop their champagne court the furthest wins five thousand dollars bo right now, shake that bottle up. We need some people far the Longest Pop. Hey, you wanna win five K?
Speaker 8: Gotta pop that clock, baby, pop it far away?
Speaker 3: What if it's on the way to the Melbourne Cup Carnival November the second to the ninth, where fashion meets celebrity and adrenaline meets jackpots five thousand dollars Jampot tomorrow in the Longest Pot and you in five minutes off to Steaks Day, plus your five friends get five hundred dollars worth of food and drinks as well. This is an amazing price. Five thousand dollars one onto my show can pop their champagne caught the furthest Now Jack and Rio are going to try this out in a couple of minutes time because in our minds, I've been sort of imagining that they're finding the meters. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, I mean I imagine how we go going off like cannons. Yeah, like when you see a T shirt gun and the concert.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've been to the air and like you know, you're getting at measuring stick.
Speaker 5: Out you'll need bernoculars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Now participating who is across all of this? You did a pretest yesterday.
Speaker 10: We did a pretest test yesterday because we thought that it would be easy and so we go, okay, let's go down and test it out. And we tested two types. Because I did talk about the science yesterday on the show. Yeah, supposedly the colder bottle is supposed to pop further because.
Speaker 3: It allows for chi presciles.
Speaker 10: Yes, correct, And it does say that scientifically on the internet. However, in our pretest test, me and producer Whitney.
Speaker 2: She had the warmer bottle.
Speaker 10: I had the cold bottle and hers absolutely flew and that was the warm bottle.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I didn't know science can change over. You go to bed thinking one thing, you wake up it's all changed science.
Speaker 5: Yes, can Whitney just be a stronger shaking than Yeah, it's not an a B test though, you you comparing apples and oranges, But because you've got two different people shooting it.
Speaker 3: I would I would guess as well. Whitney was very direct with you would have been a bit fumbly mumbly and drink.
Speaker 6: Yeah, said that's what.
Speaker 3: Let me play some music while we do this. You came in the studio just now going to you guys know where den and pants was called from? Nothing. The other one I like is a lesser nomber than five. One did cuts whiskey. That's what happened yesterday anyway?
Speaker 6: Is he back on the show.
Speaker 10: So we have to we have to put some rules in place, and I think that's what's good about us doing the test today.
Speaker 3: So you guys can live no better time than twenty four hours before giving away a whopping great five thousand on the prize then till get about putting some rules in place.
Speaker 11: So I think that they all need to be the same temperature for every contempt.
Speaker 10: I do think so, because yes, because as you said, you can give.
Speaker 3: Them a choice, give them a choice. They can have a room temperature one or a chilled one.
Speaker 11: Up to that, well, we do have sixty bottles of champagne.
Speaker 3: Yesterday was sixty five. What's happened to five?
Speaker 7: Can we tell?
Speaker 5: Anyway?
Speaker 11: So I popped my cork. It went fourteen meters? What ten fourteen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, fourteen fourteen.
Speaker 10: Meters because hell because when it popped, it then rolled a little bit.
Speaker 11: Now we taking the roll from the listeners.
Speaker 5: I think we should have the final landing place because then they're all popping at once. Yes, it's easy to see which color went the furthereskay, we're going to color the cork is?
Speaker 6: This is going to be absolute chaos.
Speaker 10: The next thing is I think we need an out of bounds area. And the reason for that is when Whitney popped her cork, it flew off to the right and landed in a bush and we couldn't find it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right. Now we need a landing zone and we're doing this tomorrow morning up on a roof. So over to the right is onto Punt Road, yes.
Speaker 10: Correct, So we need to make sure that if anything goes over the right side of the building that.
Speaker 7: It is out.
Speaker 6: We can't measure it.
Speaker 3: It's not going to get wings and fly after it if we took out one of the lights of the mc G.
Speaker 10: However, if it shoots straightforward and it flies off the top of the building into the car park, we can find it.
Speaker 5: So it will be.
Speaker 8: We have to do it.
Speaker 2: Guys, why don't you just make it out of bounds if it goes off the roof.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's perhaps.
Speaker 5: Patsy's right, it's like if that's the longest one and it's just try that's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can know better time than twenty four of five to start talking us a very big thing we need to talk about.
Speaker 11: Let's just sit next and you'll see what I mean.
Speaker 3: All right, All right, Jack and Ray are going to have a go live for the Longest Pop tomorrow next the Christian O'Connell show podcast on the show tomorrow The Longest Pop. None of you coming in going up on the roof here in Richmond, if you see Champagne corks flying over from the top of the building, the Palaco building this way, it's US five thousand dollars, will be one. Jack and Rio are going to give it a go right now. They are in position Jack and Rio, are you there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're in the hallways of the radio station. So it's not a likeful like comparison of what's going to happen tomorrow because it's only a two and a half meter ceiling high, so we can't give this any air whatsoever. We're just going to have to shoot straight and low.
Speaker 3: You sound really upset about this. I am kind of yeah, actually picking up the old Yes, listen, it doesn't matter. It's a dumb radio show. Cares about the flipping height clearance. We're not working for sun transsplate. The we're firing. Champagne goes the wind to be completed. When I get a list and you can't even turn your TV on and off at the moment with a hand me down, that's what he's worried about. That's what he's worrying about. It's going to look premature pop and it's going to leak over his hand. He gets weird when anything is competitive. Jack gets very yeah, yeah he does, yeah, I have noticed?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Or did he make an excuses? Isn't he?
Speaker 5: It's it's a real excuse. How would you fire a cork in such a low ceiling height?
Speaker 3: People, that's direct? I think the best way is this direct? Are you to be you just fire it straight? Well that is not going to get you the most distance, but let's do it.
Speaker 6: Let's rio. I hope you're smashing.
Speaker 4: I think he's always he's already making a pre excuse, which shows that he's already.
Speaker 3: By the way, we've had a load more. Please know more about Jack's situation with this sonar sound bar. Christian, he needs to use enhanced audio RITA and channel ARC over the previous audio return channel.
Speaker 6: Christian is Jack is a tight les.
Speaker 3: He drives a Tesla and he's got down TV. Alright, No, it's not, no, it's not. It's the same with a low ceiling. I mean, what you get upset about a low signing? I get with a hand me down TV. Hal far Achilles heels all right, who's firing the champagne cork first? Okay, he's got the bottle. I'm going through your refrigerated bottle. Yeah, how do you feel about that low ceiling?
Speaker 6: Mate? It's a real bummer, is it? I'm going to go?
Speaker 3: Which way?
Speaker 5: Are we going this way?
Speaker 10: Or?
Speaker 5: Good question?
Speaker 3: Do you worrying about the ceiling height? Alright, I'm loosening the cork did used to work at a theater.
Speaker 6: Basle, Wow, flex tough guy.
Speaker 5: I'm very scared.
Speaker 3: I'm scared.
Speaker 5: It's gonna okay, this is actually terrifying.
Speaker 3: Give it a good shake. What's that squeal at your son? There? That's right?
Speaker 5: Okay, shaking.
Speaker 3: Chake just for it, man, yeah, shake, shake, you playing with it?
Speaker 5: Just for get the corkoff man.
Speaker 3: Sounds like they're making a porno out there.
Speaker 5: Is embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Get the corkoff man.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, he's going to meet it.
Speaker 6: He's to meet us.
Speaker 3: You're not winning. You're winning five K tomorrow with that? Wow? We how do you pop it off? I mean, no wonder he's no longer working at theater bar off he worked at a bar. Yeah, well theater bar, pat. I mean there's bars and there's there too, bars at the interval. All right, Jack show now is done even with that low set. Come on, Charlie Brown, I have to take all the wrapping off.
Speaker 5: First, yep, okay, ready shaking, checking, check, oh, shaking, checking, checking, checking, checking, checking, checking, checking, checking, checking, checking checking.
Speaker 3: Here we go bang, oh six meters?
Speaker 6: What you just eyeboard?
Speaker 3: Six? So yeah, I can't even see it? And I called b one me I even with that low ceiling. All right, Well, rejoin this tomorrow when we're playing for real.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian, after hearing the test on what about tomorrow's show? When you go up on the roof, what happens to Jack if it's a low sky tomorrow? He went into a FuG today about the low ceiling. If there's a low sky tomorrow, Christian, check the weather, that's all right, Charlie Brown on the roof.
Speaker 4: It's cloudy and seventeen tomorrow. Jack don't like your chances, Christian.
Speaker 3: I've got to go into work now. But Jack needs a Harmony one remote for his TV. Please talk more about the sonar sound bar. I don't care email him directly. I don't even know what Jack's have you got an email at this? They always come to me going down this.
Speaker 6: I've got to go into work now. This guy just has to get this word out there, all right.
Speaker 3: Then yesterday on the show, we're doing three time at Tuesday like we do, and three different ways for you to get your stories on air, and one of them was what got left Behind? And we had not just one amazing and a story about a nonna being left behind, we actually got two. So the next half for now is dedicated to nonas. We just want none of stories. I don't care what it's about, but it must involve a nonna.
Speaker 8: No, I love you, your piscusies thet.
Speaker 5: What your nou story.
Speaker 3: Us? All right? Call the no A hotline On nine four one four one oh four three were turned in the station from gold into non O fam We had a.
Speaker 12: Family function, might have been a wedding or a christening or something at a reception center and obviously we'll be a miscommunication as it happened, and we all went home and like, oh, it's not and I'm not got left behind at the reception center.
Speaker 3: Luckily it wasn't too far not a miscommunication.
Speaker 13: One of my little twins was like, let's take it on the hungry Jacks.
Speaker 2: My mother's in the boots because we couldn't fit her in the car because it's all seven of us in this car.
Speaker 14: We've got into Hungry Jacks.
Speaker 15: We're all sitting down.
Speaker 16: Figuring out how to order.
Speaker 13: The next minute, I've gone, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, oh my god. With mom.
Speaker 13: We turn around and I beyond this is the boot, still trying to get out of the root.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: This is annoy that producer Rio made when he was trying to open up a champagne cork.
Speaker 5: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: You're scared. We're all scared of something of a champagne cork. You're gonna bead like a dog? Do you You have to put you in the car tomorrow something, All the loud noises, stuffy terrified up there on the roof.
Speaker 5: Go to a navy's house.
Speaker 3: She makes us a nice porridge and tokey win because it's scary all the corks popping. Christian minor Nona thinks she's went and Nona and Nuna no no, no no, And then there's a variation, isn't there Kitlin you might know about this? Yeah, so different.
Speaker 10: Areas of Europe have different pronunciations of obviously grandmother's ones, Anna ones a nana, and there's a nuna and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, which is which? Just in case I'm ever traveling around Europe and I'm chanting an elderly lady and I don't want to get into some sort.
Speaker 6: Of international scene.
Speaker 5: You don't want to call it Nuna and Nana.
Speaker 6: Last thing one or what about the ya ya?
Speaker 10: Italian is Nona yah yah Greek yah Ya is Greek, and then Maltese is Nana hmm.
Speaker 3: Otherwise already a Christian. My Nana thinks she's a doctor. Every time she gets diagnosed with atamps, she always thinks the doctor is wrong.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, he doesn't know what he's talking about. I know my body, all right.
Speaker 3: We're looking for your no no, no, no no no stories on nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 8: Nona, I love you, your piscusies the.
Speaker 3: Ft carry, good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: Hi, how are you?
Speaker 6: We're good? Okay, you've called the Nana hotline. What's your not a story?
Speaker 9: So Christmas Day my Nana's My Nana is about in her late eighties at this stage, and she doesn't turn up for Christmas Day and we start to get a bit worried about it. After about half an hour ago for her, her car's gone from her house. So we go back home hoping she'll turn up.
Speaker 14: Two hours go by, we're.
Speaker 9: Getting in a bed of a panic, and then all of a sudden, she rocks up and she's all hagged and she needs a coffee, and we're like, what happened? And she ended up taking a wrong turn on the freeway.
Speaker 17: Now we live in Roville.
Speaker 9: She ended up on the road to Geelong.
Speaker 3: And she ends up.
Speaker 9: She pulled into a petrol station when she realized was he kept seeing these signs out to nowhere And she pulled into a petrol station, goes in and asks the attendant to call her a cab. So the cab turns up. She's like, I don't want to get in your cab. I just want I just want to follow you to this address.
Speaker 15: Can you drive to this address?
Speaker 6: So the taxi was like a convoy was leading her.
Speaker 14: Yep, yep.
Speaker 18: So she says like, just don't work.
Speaker 3: If people have done that before, had to do it before, please call it. If you've had to do that, we just book a taxi just to follow them. Now, why does she look so haggard? Jelong can do that to people.
Speaker 9: Well, it was two hours and she didn't know.
Speaker 7: Where she was going.
Speaker 6: She must have got so overwhelmed.
Speaker 9: Yes, she was a bit so I wouldn't tell us, so I have to see that a coffee.
Speaker 3: Carrie, Thank you very much your story. That's a great one. Thanks for caring. Thank you, Bye, deb good morning.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 13: How are you going?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, no, no, we're good.
Speaker 6: What's your norma story?
Speaker 13: My my well, Nanna from Malta was has thirteen children and was pregnant for sixteen years in a row.
Speaker 3: Bloody hell, say no, no, no, no, wow, we that is that's a lot.
Speaker 5: That's a long stretch, it is.
Speaker 13: Can you imagine?
Speaker 12: I kin'd of.
Speaker 6: Shouldn't.
Speaker 13: She was the most wonderful woman. Wonderful woman.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's that.
Speaker 13: It was a short and sweet story. But I feel for her.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of kids to be well.
Speaker 13: We all right, still alive, all of them.
Speaker 6: Thanks for the update there, Okay.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Short story, this game longer.
Speaker 7: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian My Irish.
Speaker 3: Nona wouldn't let us speak until we went inside her house because our accidents were from a posh part of Dublin and she was on the rough part. And do what The Neighbors pod show is going in our house, tough lady, because you do want to mess with her? Did you speak outside my step?
Speaker 5: Didn't get it?
Speaker 3: If this gets out, I know people.
Speaker 6: And Christian mind not a story.
Speaker 3: I brought a six six large pack of Meta Musial, not because she needed it, because it was on special. It's sat in the pantry till the day she sold the house for ten years. And why now that the well might be dry up a bit on these Nona stories. If we're doing medicines, that has just been sat in the pantry for ten years now, Jackie boy, tell us who we have here.
Speaker 5: My friend Mike heard the show yesterday. I heard us talking about Nonna's he has a Nonna started telling me a story. I said, ah, great, let's save it for tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Sa indoors, let's get indoors. Okay, Mike, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: Morning guys.
Speaker 3: How are you Yeah, we're good. Looking forward to hearing your Nona story. Mike, Off you go.
Speaker 19: So, I like, a while ago, my Nona went into a butcher and she wanted to buy some liver, some like beef liver. But because her English is so limited, she didn't have the She didn't know the word for liver. She didn't know how to explain it to them, so basically she started clenching at her own sort of liver area, sort of like indicating this is what I want like and she was clenching at her liver and the butchers had no idea what she meant, but they assumed she was telling them she was in pain.
Speaker 7: A triple zero.
Speaker 3: We got a nonor in distress catching her size something up with her liver or ribs.
Speaker 6: Mike, that's a great story. Thank you very much to share a mate.
Speaker 7: Thanks for the Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Everyone's on the show. Will it Feel?
Speaker 6: Stories of coincidence and chants? We call it What are the Odds?
Speaker 3: Lines are open now for your stories of coincidence and chants on nine four one four one o four three Believe it or not?
Speaker 17: What are the odds?
Speaker 3: You gotta be justhing me like, were you with Cheryl who married a Hunt?
Speaker 5: Who worked with the Cheryl.
Speaker 3: Who married a Hunt? As well?
Speaker 6: One for the ages last week, min nor I.
Speaker 17: Had a wooden chest or trunk that used to sit at the end of her bed like any good Italian and does she'd blind the bottom with newspaper and so when I got the chest, pulled the newspaper out and I thought, oh, what's on It was the Sun's birth and death notices. I looked at the date and it was October twenty fifth, nineteen eighty and I thought, that's the day after my husband David was born. And I slipped it over and in mine on his chest was my husband's birth notice from nineteen eighty.
Speaker 3: Wow, all right, lines are up and now nine four one four one oh four three Claire, you're first up. Good morning, Claire, Hi there.
Speaker 20: Christian, how are you?
Speaker 6: I'm good?
Speaker 21: What are.
Speaker 7: The odds of?
Speaker 20: We were away on holidays in monkey Mayer, which is a remote western Australia and there's nothing around except the accommodation where you can stay, and we were just laising by the pool and my partner asked me if I happened to pack now quippers and I said, oh, no, I didn't, and he's like, oh, okay. Anyway, he walked over to one of the ledges that was near the pool that overhooked a bar, and he was hobbing around there for a little bit and then he came back and he goes, just go and have a look at what's on that ledge over there? So I went over and had a look, and there's a pair of now quipers. He'd been standing there doing his nails, so he asked for it.
Speaker 17: That came.
Speaker 3: Just what, I mean, one of the most powerful stories of manifestation I've ever heard.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it works.
Speaker 3: He was looking for the clippers, and then that ledge, so legendary story about ledge.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much and calling Claire, You're welcome, thank you, thank you, We are welcome.
Speaker 3: And the voiceover guy said, these stories were and I quote umiscible. Yeah, Evan, please, Evan, dear Evan, Evan above, please help us. All right, Evan, what have you got? Then your story of coincidence and chants? What are odd you got? Buddy?
Speaker 18: Yeah, So about a year ago I was working in a paintball joint as a referee, and I hosted this guy's party. He was great, and then after all that was I thought, okay, no worries. And then about a year later, he comes into the pub that I'm working at, drinking with his mates. I'm thinking, what are the odds that this guy's here at my new workplace? And then a couple of months later I started working at auto barn and ended up selling him parts through his car or just whatever he happened to be buying that day.
Speaker 7: It was just three different jobs.
Speaker 6: Wow, what are the odds? Third times a chance?
Speaker 3: Suddenly your paintball numpire is that he's in the park, but now also barn.
Speaker 18: Yeah, and these are these are aren't like close locations either.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that does make it.
Speaker 5: More interesting if they're all on a small shopping stair and a small town of a thousand people.
Speaker 3: What are the odds? That's a good one, Evan, Thank you very much, you call no worries. Thank you all right, give us score ninety four one four one o four three. It gonna be tough to beat that Nework nail climber one, but please.
Speaker 7: Try The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're Loocome Stories of coincidence and chants. Christian, my friend and I we went on a ski trip to Japan. We met a couple from Melbourne that lived in the same suburb with us on the chairlift going up a mountain. Became friends with them, had a few drinks. Then a week later we were won our separate ways traveling around Tokyo. A week later we're in Tokyo. We're at some traffic lights next to us. It's them a city of millions. Well, Michael and Melbourne. Thank you very very much. As out there with the nail clippers. Norew good morning. Hi, Hey Joey, I'm good, Norell, Welcome to What are.
Speaker 21: The Odds?
Speaker 3: That's it, Norell, what's your story? Mate?
Speaker 16: This is kind of more of a coincidence. So about three weeks ago, I was striving to gain it on an early morning start and trying to get the highway. You will play a budget rental truck and I had a horrible driver in front of me driving a budget retel truck. And then about twenty minutes later, I pulled up at traffic lights and you were playing Michael Jackson's Philly Jean and beside me in a van. Part of the lights was Billy Jay's tiling service.
Speaker 3: I love this one. This is a great one.
Speaker 6: It's a hall of famers.
Speaker 3: I was hoping to get. I'm hoping you get a third one by the end of today's show. Narrel. That's great, Thank you very much for sharing.
Speaker 6: Have a good day. Thanks bye.
Speaker 3: I love that one.
Speaker 6: Brian, good morning.
Speaker 18: What are they?
Speaker 6: What are the odds?
Speaker 3: My friend Brian, Yes.
Speaker 21: On a holiday in Scotland back in the mid nineties and we were traveling up to the top of Scotland. Place called Thuso, who's a little milk barby. We walked in and the lady said, oh, you're from Australia. I said, yes, we are. She said, oh, my sister's from Australia. Haven't seen her in many, many years. I said where do she lives? She said, oh, you won't know the place. It's a little place called Arthur's Seat. So you got a couple of streets and I said, Nestle Court or wing were Court? She said Wing, we're caught.
Speaker 22: Why do you know?
Speaker 21: I said what number? She said number four. I said, well we're at number eight.
Speaker 3: Brian, what an awesome story and she burst into tears.
Speaker 21: Gave me a leader in the package to take back. When we got back to Australia, knocked on the door and explained the same story to the lady and she wept in tears as well.
Speaker 3: Beautiful, Oh, Brian, what a lovely story.
Speaker 21: Yeah, what are the odds?
Speaker 5: Street? Other seat only have two streets?
Speaker 21: Isn't a couple of streets? But back in the mid nineties. The main streets was wind We'd caught Nestle Court were she her sister was in Winwood as well, all the way from Scotland.
Speaker 3: That is incredible, thousands of miles. Amazing story. Brian's what we do the feature, great story, Thanks for sharing.
Speaker 21: No worry than twit Jane.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show on Goal. All right, last few stories today then, for.
Speaker 6: What are the odds? Christian can believe this? What are the odds?
Speaker 3: I'm listening to that guy talk about Scotland and a connection to Arthur's C and Nestle Court. My sister used to live at number twelve, so he was talking about number four, number eight. I think we even was completed the stream. My sister used to live in number twelve, Nettle Court, Arthur's C. I can't believe us hearing that. Pete in Mount.
Speaker 6: Martha, Johnny, good morning, good morning, Good.
Speaker 3: Morning, Johnny. What's your story for us?
Speaker 14: So my three and a half year old son at the moment is really into eighties music. So a couple of weeks a girl was driving him to daycare. When we're in the car with him. He's the DJ, right, so whatever, we're listening to that, right, So we've got aha take on me. We've got a Final Countdown by Europe. And we were listening to that song Final Countdown as we got to day care. The song ended. I unplugged my phone. I said, it's time to take him inside. He said, no, I want to listen to the Power of Love by He would listen to News. Plugged my phone. That song was playing on the radio. I had to sit in the car for another couple of minutes until it ended, just so he could listen.
Speaker 7: To the whole.
Speaker 3: Wow, this is an incredible story. I love it. Johnny. Wow.
Speaker 14: Yeah, here's the dam mate.
Speaker 3: He's the DJ, he's the next generation. I'm just warming the seat up for him, Johnny, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: For calling mate.
Speaker 14: Thank you. Come on, what are the odds?
Speaker 3: What are the odds are here? It's a birthday one.
Speaker 15: Yes. I work in a hospital and I had a patient and I noticed her birthday was the same as my birthday. And I said, I what a good day. But she's thirty years older than me. And then her husband said to what about and he said his birthday? And I said, oh, that's a really good day. That's my husband's birthday. That's thirty years exactly more than my husband. And then she had two sons and they were all thirty years the same birthdays as my two sons, thirty years apart.
Speaker 5: Ah, we get a lot of birthday This is hands down for the best.
Speaker 3: That is insane.
Speaker 22: That was crazy.
Speaker 15: It was really crazy. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 3: What are the odds? Yeah, EMII, thank you very much for story mate.
Speaker 15: Take care, You're welcome, have a good day.
Speaker 3: Oh. In all, this is the last couple of bit amazing one. Final one. Tanya, good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 15: Good morning, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm very good and I understand this involves a jacket?
Speaker 14: It does?
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 22: At the age of eight, I found a culture blue jacket whilst working with my parents, like after school and helping him out. It was a men's extra large. It didn't fit me, so I gave it to one of her workers for employees, and he said, when you're older, I'll find you and give it back to you when it fits you. Fast forward, I'm at the edge of twenty three, working behind a bar talking to a man in a Calton blue jacket. I was like telling him the story about what I found when I was eight, and it turned out it was him. He went home, got the jacket and gave back to me.
Speaker 3: Amazing. That is amazing, John. I love these stories, just the last couple. They're amazing, aren't they.
Speaker 22: It's pretty good.
Speaker 3: You still grant it, China. Thank you very much for sharing that with us.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Christian Connell Show Podcast, Christian.
Speaker 6: What are the odds?
Speaker 3: Patsy was talking about warning in the news At that very moment, I'm mounting a picture of the spin King in a frame for a climb.
Speaker 6: What are the odds?
Speaker 3: Shane Today on the Time Waste Again. Pair of tickets to go to a red Hot summer tour. It's back ice House, Noise Works, wolf Mother Eskimo Joe loadsmore tickets on sound now at Ticketmaster. You can win it for the best in show today, Time wast Today. We are looking for your office movies, all right, Office movies, Mad Facts, Silver How to lose a mug in ten days?
Speaker 6: Where is my one?
Speaker 3: I bring it in from home?
Speaker 5: Silver Plus.
Speaker 3: We'll talk on the show this week about these state the printers here and dot Matrix, those old school Ones, PowerPoint Break, Bronze and Dash Suits Gold, Jackie Boy, what if your office movies movies? I have Manila's in the midst Oh, very good, the old Minilla folder Cold.
Speaker 5: There is a Harrison Ford Melanie Griffith film called Working Girls. H She's networking girl.
Speaker 6: There was not unnecessarily looked aside there like he's working the crowd, Silver.
Speaker 5: Pippy Long Meetings, Bronze and the Hills have Kpy.
Speaker 3: Oh very good. That's god plus well all right? Textashort Office Movies four seventy five three one O four three best when we get Paratickers to Red Hot Summer Tour.
Speaker 7: In January, The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jack has been having a text conversation with his wife. I can't keep it in.
Speaker 5: Tell they're not interested in that, they're.
Speaker 6: Not they're interested, all right, they're interested.
Speaker 3: Perhaps he's Jack. Last week has been a lot of suddenly another show normally when we're on there and like a really big break where he's like, excuse me. Jack has his own button where he can turn his microphone on and off. Right, that's the only buttony he has, right, and so he'll excuse himself.
Speaker 6: So you don't hear.
Speaker 3: But I see this spluttering, and I don't know if he's coming back in that break. I keep saying, what is it? And he's having the shake and there's something in it that it must be a fresh ingredient which is making him be something husky.
Speaker 5: There's something in there that's not in there that's tingling.
Speaker 3: But he forgets by the time he gets home to do anything about this. Every day he suddenly has this, has it and it's like then starts coughing and reminds himself. I mean, it's that thing again. He's just sent his wife. I've just found out his wife makes the smoothie for him. Will not every day feeling is that is a five day week thing. And it just messaged his wife to say, there's something that's tickling my throat. Are you putting anything in there.
Speaker 4: That's going to be a good response at witching hour in the morning, trying to get off to.
Speaker 3: Kind you know, early in the morning, and the whole mate is something thinking whatever you can send.
Speaker 5: What if she replied, she said, weird, I don't think you.
Speaker 6: End of message.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's anything different in there at the moment. Cinnamon question Mark.
Speaker 6: Cliffhanger as.
Speaker 3: Watch it in the morning, Jack, Yeah, all right, So we're looking for your office movies. Best and show off to Red Hot Summer Tour. Enemy of the Staple Gold, Sex Lies and Venetian Cotton Lines Bronze, Big Mumma's Mouse Plush, well done, my best Pen's wedding Gold, Zoom Lander Gold, He's a very good Edward gossip Hands Bronze, crappy long meetings. That's sounded. He didn't like it. You're trying to throw shade over his little coffee one the Big Lebowski Gold, He's just not into Zoom God plus. Working from home alone Silver, Dwight Club, American Office Yes Gold, John Blue stick.
Speaker 6: The Sticky Notebook sounds rude.
Speaker 3: Whenever you do any lunch breakers up to you, I'm not Judge twelve Angry Salesman Bronz the Pelican Briefcase Silver, op and Highlighter Gold, I know what you did last, Smoko Gold and finally Tango and Petty Cash, Wild m Brian and Mooney Ponds.
Speaker 5: Brian can go to Red Hot Summer Tour because.
Speaker 3: It's the only one you remembered.
Speaker 6: Tom Busy Coffin to make a note of the others.
Speaker 5: This personal favorite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that absolutely word. I'm Brian all right, last song for us, I'm just gonna do the Heimlit Tony konjact.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast