Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Komboo Marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Conquer podcast. This is the podcast where we ch have mindset self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self developments. No matter where you are in your journey, we're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness. If you're ready to get into the driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life pass.
Speaker 2: You by, then you're in the right place.
Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and welcome back to the potty. Today. We have a very interesting episode for you and we are unpacking some of our theories of why you can get sick when doing self development. Very niche, very niche, very niche. But it has been a topic in the office. It's been a topic with me and Tim, so we are unpacking it today and it did actually stem from a question that was put in the Facebook group a while ago, a tear Do you want to read it out?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So the question we got was did anyone find they got sick or got the flu and cold when they really started to dive deep into their spiritual journey. I've really dug deep into the project this week, breaking limiting beliefs, meditating and staying in a high vibration, and I do feel like I've broken through a wall in my new chap dub but I've gotten seek and I'm someone who really takes care of her body. I'm a pet. Did this happen to anyone else coincidence?
Speaker 1: I think not? Definitely not. So we're not gonna say too much. But this is what we're unpacking in this episode. But before we get into it, TA, should we do some quick recommendations?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'll go first. My first one is journaling. This is your.
Speaker 1: Recommendation every week.
Speaker 2: I've done it all right, tell us, I've been making a concerted effort to like consistently journal and actually use our prompts from our life happens for.
Speaker 1: Me journal, and I feel which one's your favorite.
Speaker 2: My favorites are the go deeper in self reflection one and also the knowing your next steps.
Speaker 1: I don't think i've actually done those.
Speaker 2: You should drive all right, I'll do it. And my second recommendation, which is a bit random, but and probably too late because it's not really winter anymore, an in shower moisturizer.
Speaker 1: Like a shower oil.
Speaker 2: No, it's like a lotiony thing that you put on in the shower. And I'm super lazy with moisturizing my body, so I've started using that, and I've seen a difference.
Speaker 1: What do you then wash it off?
Speaker 2: I can't just leave it there and then with it. I still use shower gel like the soap, and then let it phone up, and then I put on the moisturizer in there, and then I'll still be in the shower for a few minutes, so some of it might wash off, but most of it. I would say, does.
Speaker 1: Is it a moisturizer for in the shower?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's called in shower moisturizer of course. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Interesting, I've actually used I love using shower oil, so I use it on especially Ivy because she has certain skin conditions, so we stay away from certain products. And I love shower oil. It's kind of think like, you know, oil, a serum you're put on your face that's like so like hydrating, so hydrating. Yeah, so you actually put it on in the shower. But because it's an oil, like it's kind of like you know, when you've got sunscreen on and washed off, you've got to actually use soap to wash off, otherwise.
Speaker 2: You're still Yeah, oil and water don't mix. Yeah, so you.
Speaker 1: Can put it on in the shower and then get out and you still feel hydrated.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll try that. Yeah, what's your recommendation?
Speaker 1: Well, the shower oil is from Summer Skin. Oh my recommendation. I fille you with the product, but yeah, that's the shower oil.
Speaker 2: Amazing. Do you have a discal code?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What's it?
Speaker 1: What is it? I think it's just georgy Okay, yeah, so Summer Skins. It's called All in one. I actually like fully use it on my face and I also use it on Ivy. But it's all natural, so that's the reason I recommend it. My recommendation. Okay, it's Nancy Drew. Do you recommended this last years day and completely sold me on it and one hundred percent recommend it. I'm not fully finished it, but it's it's so good, but it's also scari as shit.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: I forgot to do the scariest shit caveat last week. But yeah, it's actually quite terrifying, but in like a fine way. Yeah, I actually like, while you're watching it, it's scary, but I wasn't scared.
Speaker 2: After Oh that's aok good. I was slightly scared, like I.
Speaker 1: Could still go to the toilet in the dark, and like, oh I could not.
Speaker 2: I turned all the lights before I went.
Speaker 1: To I guess maybe because I sleep next to Tim, it's maybe a bit different. But even like last night when he was out for dinner. Oh yeah, no, I didn't watch it terrifying. Guys, He's actually quite terrifying, but in a kind of good way. I personally don't like scary movies, neither do I, but we love this. Yeah, so I'm going to recommend that in case she didn't hear that one. But also before we get into the show. I know we've said this and like every interest since it happened, but guys, I still cannot get over the master class.
Speaker 2: Gosh so good.
Speaker 1: I'm honestly still on a high from it. So it was out manifesting with Momentum master class, and it had been so long since I'd done a manifestation teaching, and I just I just can't It's just I don't know. It's given me so much moment Yes, yes to your momentum, and I don't know to see the feedback from that master class. It's also such a good reminder of, like, I know, I practice this, of you know, you should be constantly learning, constantly up skilling. It's why I've invested in coaches and courses and that sort of thing. But yeah, it was just such a good reminder of how you can have an evolution of a practice you already do. And yeah, I just wanted to add that in.
Speaker 2: I loved it. I watched the replay. Yeah, what did you replay? I just loved that. It is very much for me, a good add on to the project in that, a good reminder, Yeah, a good reminder and just a good way to make sure that I'm doing it all the time and making the most of Like if you're busy, that's the best way to manifest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, being intentional, but the replay is now available so you can get instant access to also the challenge workbook to implement manifesting because the whole concept do they teach in the master class, is to make it a lifestyle so it feels second nature. So I also gave you guys a twenty one day challenge and certain exercises and we're all doing that together. So we're in the second week now, but you can obviously do it at any point and that is included in the mask Class. Amazing, all right, should get into the episode.
Speaker 2: All right, guys.
Speaker 1: So I have this the that when you are doing self development, that inner work, that you can sometimes find yourself like getting sick, being really drained, not having energy and just but maybe like needing to stay in bed for like days. And I truly believe it's because you're like your energy, like your cells are upgrading. Do we love this?
Speaker 2: But I love it?
Speaker 1: And it's funny because I remember I spoke to you guys about this and we it's when we were all sick back in June or July. Yeah, and everyone was sick, like the whole office. It was like one growth, yeah, one after the other and I was getting sick, but I was also doing some like really huge internal work. Then with I currently see like a mind body coach and we do a lot of likemal work, and we were doing some like really intense stuff and my messuse was like, this is literally like your cell's upgrading. If you look back at like key moments in your life where you did some like you had really pivotal shifts, I guarantee you either at that time or a bit later on, you got sick. And it's kind of like so much is happening internally your body needs to like expel whatever it needs to release, and often that can come in like tiredness and sickness. We are going to put a Facebook group post about this because I really want to hear if anyone feels the same way. But I think this is a legit thing.
Speaker 2: What do you think, I dear, I oh, I think it's one hundred percent of real thing. I even remember like in round of the project, people after the Limiting Beliefs week writing in like they're like I've been in bed for four days. I can't get up, i can't move, I'm in so much pain, and it is because of that like intense self development. And it's almost like if you worked out or like did really heavy exercise all of a sudden and you've never done that before. Of course there's gonna be a toll on your body. So why wouldn't it be the same if you did it with your mind?
Speaker 1: Mmmm, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hadn't thought about it that way, but that it makes total sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, of course you're gonna be dye.
Speaker 1: Of course you're gonna be bloody exhausted.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think also something to think about. And the reason why we wanted to do this quick episode is just I guess validating you because what can happen? And me and Tim have spoken about this because he recently have has felt I guess, like less energy and motivation to to his like self development teams. Interesting, and I said to him, I'm like, I think it's because you had such a huge momentum at the start of the year and upgrade and your body is catching up, and it's like it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Always feel good, yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's really important during those moments that it's like you still show up. Obviously, take the break and take the time, but you still show up and he's like, yeah, I can, I feel it. And he also has the theory that it's like almost like his ego protecting him of being like be sick and unmotivated because it's like it's too hard to go through the shit, because your ego always wants to keep you the same. That's how that's how it keeps you safe. We're just taking a quick break in today's podcast to let you know about our brand new course, Find your Voice, our complete step by step guide on how to start and scale your very own podcasts. If you're one of our biz career or marketing goals, or you're just someone looking to scale your personal brand and you're thinking of starting a podcast, then you will love this course. We give you our personal tips and from our five years of experience in the podcasting industry, and we do not hold back. We take you through all the tech and equipment, but also go through how you can monetize your podcast, plan for episodes, and everything in between. Check out the link in the show notes for more information, and be sure to use the code Rise ten for ten percent off at checkout. Now let's get back into the episode. I love If you guys are like into this sort of stuff. Louise Hay has a book where she goes through, like, you know, different problems we have and what she believes causes them. So, for example, I was just talking to a girlfriend about this. But in the book, if you and it's like literally an alphabetical order, you look up your problem and it tells you why this would have manifested and like an affirmation to like get through it or whatnot. And for example, like acne is she says, caused from anger and rejection of self, So like you're storing If you think of acne, it's like red, you know, yeah, it's literally angry and it comes out where you're storing anger that needs to be let out, but you're storing it, so it's coming out literally in your skin.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And for example, storing anger is like a rejection of self because it's like if you felt truly aligned, yeah, you would express your anger. And I was like, fuck, I had acne back in the day for like years on end, and now looking back, one hundred percent, I was rejecting myself during that time.
Speaker 2: That's so interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really interesting, and like she goes through so many different things and when you look at it, you're like, oh, there's a lot here. Yeah, Wow, you have to get that book. It's really good. I'll bring it in. Actually I'm literally.
Speaker 2: Got on my bookshelf. Something else I read about is that there are a few ways it can actually show up the sickness. It's not always like running nose you need to be in bed. So I thought i'd list some of the examples so that people are aware tell us. So one of them is from having all like kind of like tim from having all the motivation, your go go go, you're fine, everything is great. You'll just have like a full crash. And they described it as almost like someone pulled the plug on you and your energy's just gone, like you've got nothing left in the tank. The next one where things like ringing in your ears or big headaches can come up when you're going through an energetic upgrade, specifically headaches like in your forehead or where your third eye would be. So I think that's also an interesting one. And when you're having these symptoms, it you're beginning to connect more with your body and your intuition, and you might have been having them before, but now you're actually open and in tune with how you're feeling energetically, which you might not otherwise have been prior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think sometimes especially when people are doing their first lot of self development and then they have like a full crash, it might not even be like an actual crash. It's just them now being able to be aware of their energetics.
Speaker 1: And almost like connect to themselves more.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I truly believe most of us are so disconnected to ourselves. I agree we're not. Actually we actually don't know how we feel.
Speaker 2: This is going a bit rogue.
Speaker 1: But even the concept of you know, drinking alcohol, from my experience in the past, it's a lot about you know, chasing a feeling or like an escapism of like, oh I don't want to think about let's just go out and have some drinks of the girls. And it's kind of like you don't know how to connect to how you're feeling, or you don't how to deal with how you're feeling. You don't have the tools for like the correct outlet or whatnot. So we use these, you know, other things to get by.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but everything we use to.
Speaker 1: Get by is so normalized, so normalized that it's I'm guarantee majority us are very disconnected from ourselves like me. Included included that I'm not saying I'm superior in anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the reason why I bring that up is because, like I said, I've been working with my body coach and we have been doing like heart opening stuff, and I would have thought, like, my heart is very open, like you know, I have a husband, a baby, I really lead like a soul aligned business. And it's funny because now that I'm doing the work, I was like, oh my god, my heart was so closed. Wow, And it's you know, it still is to a point. But I'm noticing and this kind of interwines of like I'm noticing how much resistance I'm having to this work because it's really difficult, and it's like it's really not love and light stuff, and it's like stuff that I'm like, I actually feel really shitty a lot.
Speaker 2: Of the time.
Speaker 1: And so I'm finding so much resistance and I think, and obviously I know it's like I'm brave and i can do the things, and i know it's going to be amazing once I've integrated all the things and gone through it. But I guess we just wanted to jump on here and be like, if you're going through a shitty time, like yeah, maybe you've gotten sick, or you are just feeling so disconnected from yourself, or it's like it just feels really not great. Yeah, it's like you're still on the right track. Yeah, you're still on the right path. It doesn't have to like love and Light and Rainbows twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: I felt that a lot when I tried to be more vulnerable, m Like I hated And it's not that I've ever even had a bad experience being vulnerable. Like every time I've ever been vulnerable or I feel super vulnerable, only good things have come out of it. But I still have that gut reaction of like, no, protect yourself, like need to be more closed, be careful what you say and think and feel, and yeah, but I know there's only good things from it, And I know that it's hard, but I know that that's why it's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so interesting.
Speaker 2: It is really interesting.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, thank you so much for listening, and we'll chat to you in the next episode. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, Come connect with us on Instagram at Rise and Conquer dot podcast and join us Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Conker podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.