Speaker 1: Britt Laura and Mitchie here. Actually Laura six, she's off So it's just your me, Bri. It's just we should rebrand the show for a day. Talk to Mark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, welcome to the pick Up with Britain.
Speaker 1: Mitch Yeah, you know what, Rich, it's easy to say, mitchleyches it's Monday. Let's do this, Britchley pick up, kid down, pick up, put down. The big stories of the weekend. We bring them to the show. If everyone's been talking about these stories over the weekend, and we decide should we carry on the conversation into the week keep talking about them, pick them up or put them down and just go you know what, I don't want to hear that again.
Speaker 2: And they're always groundbreaking and life changing monumental moments.
Speaker 1: Oh, we scour the big headline news stories. We scour Reddit, we do. We don't actually scour anything. We get presented a piece of paper and we read them to you.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 1: Right here we go, uh, pick up, put down. Brittany skivvies their back, baby, what pick it up?
Speaker 3: You say?
Speaker 1: They are back?
Speaker 2: They never left for me. I am known, especially in my podcast life on cart community. I am known for my love of turtlenecks and my love of men in turtlenecks, Like there is nothing could be controversial. There is nothing sexier to me than a man in a turtleneck.
Speaker 1: You've said this before.
Speaker 2: I yes, it's my undoing.
Speaker 1: They could be ugly, but if they're wearing a turtleneck, if think it sex as.
Speaker 2: The mark, they could be carrying twenty five red flags. And I'm likel put on a turtleneck with the red flags your mind?
Speaker 1: What is it though? Is it because it's got a history?
Speaker 4: You know what it is?
Speaker 3: To me?
Speaker 2: It's almost foreign, like Australian men don't do turtlenecks, but for me, it's exotic. It's European, like, oh my god, turtleneck. Hold a glass of red wine, do a little swirl.
Speaker 1: I'm your yeah, yeah, or like a martini with an olive in it. Whatever, Mitch like, let's not.
Speaker 2: It's more about the only one I haven't been able to get across is the very famous the Rock skivvy. You know the Rock photo where he's in the brown skivvy with the gold chain and the fanny pack. You can't get around that.
Speaker 1: No, I agree. Well, fashion designers think their back set is Brittany Uggly so skive, he's a back and everybody pick up put down transferring money as a wedding gift instead of giving cash and on below.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not going to say no to it if someone wants to transfer me money, but I think you need to physically be putting the money into a card, into a wish wi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a big article today. A Briders slammed her guest, who, disrespectfully she thinks, transferred one hundred dollars as a gift a few days after the wedding. She said it felt like an afterthought, so I transferred the one hundred dollars back. I mean I'd never give cash back. I'd keep the money. That's petty. That is very petty.
Speaker 2: That is like a you're trying to make a point that you're going to regret later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree, take the money, man, you're gonna get married.
Speaker 2: I think it's scabby to transfer money. I think you have to at least put it in a bit of thought. And also I'd find it genuinely seriously, I'd find it hard to accept money that was coming from a transfer, Like if my wedding guest wrote to me three days later and said, hey, send me a BSPN account. I'm going to send you some money to A normal response is going to be, don't be silly.
Speaker 1: So you're on your honeymoon three days after your wedding, Normally, what are you gonna get a text message going, hey, Osco transfer complete. You know how it always the text comes through. It's produce.
Speaker 2: Grace got married recently. Did you have anyone transfer you any pack cash?
Speaker 4: We we did, actually, and we have a few people that are still like, oh, you have to send me your bank detail so I can. But it puts me in the position where I feel like I have to be like, no, don't be silly, don't worry about it, instead of actually being like, here on my bank.
Speaker 1: You yeah, you know what. These people are in the same kettle of fish as the people that don't read a card when you give them gifts like get a bag, and they go straight for the gift and chuck the card. You go, no, you read the card first. I bought that and I wrote it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should test that. Actually, next time we have a birthday, we should test it, right, something like really mean in the card and just see if they notice.
Speaker 1: You know what, I reckon Laura, I don't. I hate to speak ill of the decision, but she would not read the card. She's not deceased, she's unwell. She's on the toilet. Her butthole is sick. Okay, pick up, put down, thank you, Grace washing your feet in the shower?
Speaker 3: What hate?
Speaker 1: Give me?
Speaker 2: The one constantly throwing Laura under the bus. But she never washes her feet, and if she does, she puts him in the sink. She doesn't shower, she'll lift her foot up and put it in the sink before bed.
Speaker 1: I've never got that. Is it because her feet perspire heavily?
Speaker 2: No, because she's lazy and doesn't want to ever shower up.
Speaker 1: Travis Kelsey's brother Jason Kelsey, has confessed online that he doesn't watch his feet in the shower, and people have thoughts.
Speaker 3: It started with somebody saying, Jason Kelsey looks like he doesn't wash his legs or feet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously, who the washes your legs?
Speaker 4: What kind of psychopath washes your feet?
Speaker 3: What do you?
Speaker 1: Travis?
Speaker 4: Travis, don't act like you wash.
Speaker 3: My feet every time, but after like a football practice, like a sa Joe where my feet have just been like, yes, I washed my feet.
Speaker 2: I'm actually the same. I don't routinely wash my feet.
Speaker 1: In the shower.
Speaker 2: I let like the secondhand wash off, so like I'll wash my body and then that will travel to the ground and then it will go past my feet to the drain. I don't unless I have been out in the mud and I have really dirty feet, I don't wash my feet.
Speaker 1: I'm the same. I let gravity do its thing, but I put a lot of faith in the bubbles that that they grab all the dirt when they when they slime down my legs. I find it really weird.
Speaker 2: My partner Ben makes a conscious effort to wash his legs every night, and he gets body washed and he washes his legs, his calves, his quads.
Speaker 1: And I'm like that. I find it's so weird.
Speaker 2: Is that read?
Speaker 1: I to say? All right? Next on the show, we have a big announcement. The pickup actually over the weekend saved a life.
Speaker 4: We did.
Speaker 2: No, that's not it's not like clickbait.
Speaker 1: We really did. No, we genuinely did. We got a message trimmer listener that said, what you aired on the show, save my child's life and if you missed it, we've got we'll bring it back the PSA, but we'll tell you what she had to say after this