Speaker 1: Life Uncut acknowledges the traditional custodians of country whose lands were never seated. We pay our respects to their elders past and present.
Speaker 2: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. This episode was recorded on Cameragle Land.
Speaker 1: Hi, guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life fun Cut. I'm Brittany and I'm Laura, and it is therapy Thursday. Ask guncut and you're writing you deep as dark as burning questions. We do our best answer them. Before that, Laura, you.
Speaker 3: Are being taken down on social media. I'm not being taken down. Yes bye. If you guys have followed.
Speaker 2: Me on social media, I mean, if you haven't, it's at lad in Cat, please go and follow me with a few extra bones.
Speaker 1: Brittany underscore Hockley, You've got way more than me.
Speaker 3: Do you think that's the man? You motherfuckers?
Speaker 1: Pha, you've grown astronomically.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I don't post very often.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I just get in moods.
Speaker 4: Where I'm like, I don't want to be a slave to this algorithm.
Speaker 3: The last thing I posted was.
Speaker 4: My rag on video.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest, though, Keisha is like wrapping Tony Mayhead's toe and every so often she'll post her rings, or she'll post some piece of jewelry that she has.
Speaker 3: The engagement. This girl has brands.
Speaker 2: If you were out there, I've got the micro influencer of the year for you right here, Keisha Pettitt.
Speaker 4: He she is. I just I don't know if this is imposter syndrome, but I just don't I don't know why anyone would want that. Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I guess it's a little bit of a weird conundrum because I see you guys, and you guys are obviously very good at what you do, and I just kind of feel like the little do you know what I feel like? Do you remember that time that we got off the plane. We'd been on an awesome trip to the Great Barrier Reef. This was a life on Cut trip. It was a life on cut little holiday. And we got off the plane and we were walking back through the airport and there was a paparazzi there and he was there to photograph one of the bachelors.
Speaker 3: There was like a new season of The Bachelor. I do remember that. So we got off the plane and the paparazzi was there, not for us. Not for us, but they were like two for one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a toofa. We were walking in a line. The three of us were in a horizontal line. It went Laura, myself, brit And in the article it says and their producer.
Speaker 3: Keisha was trailing behind.
Speaker 4: I was like, I am not trailing, I'm just shorter. I just look as I'm further away.
Speaker 1: That's also okay, Like you can still trail and do brand collapse.
Speaker 3: You can trail on hock rings.
Speaker 1: All right, maybe you'll start.
Speaker 3: I'll start with Tony May. I'll start paying you everyone. Tony May a new collection.
Speaker 1: So I'm starting a brand, just like an advertise on these podcasts because I feel like I'm missing out.
Speaker 3: How did we get here? We got we got here? I don't know why.
Speaker 2: But where we're heading towards is so Matt and I have had some we've had some fiery discussions recently, one might call them arguments, because we're currently renovating a house so down the coast, so a La Dulla, which is where we got married. It's where we spend all of our family holidays anyway.
Speaker 1: So also where you're going to get divorced, probably where our relationship will end.
Speaker 2: We're currently renovating this place, and I know a lot of people talk about how if you get an Ikea flat pack, how that really tests your relationship, Like if you can make it through Ikea and you can come out as a strong United couple, then you're meant to be together. But I've realized that actually that's just that's a kid's play, that's entry level shit. If you want to really put your relationship to the test, try and renovate something together it is wild.
Speaker 1: Or try long distance relationship. We only see each other every three months. But yes, also where you've read what are the themes of.
Speaker 2: The arguments the things of the arguments is more so that we just creatively have different we have different visions. It's been an interesting voyage on social media so far, because we don't want a house that is white or like your very typical white, beautiful beige think three birds, it is gorgeous.
Speaker 3: I have nothing against those homes.
Speaker 1: I would get off on that would if I could walk into a house and need to wear sunglasses because the natural light beams so hard off the white walls and I'm blind.
Speaker 3: Goals, you're like the beige.
Speaker 1: Regress I want to be like, oh my god, the light the white walls are so bright.
Speaker 3: That's what I want, your own reflector.
Speaker 4: It is like my flighting is so good, I don't need a ring lfe mate.
Speaker 3: That's exactly it. That's my mood board.
Speaker 1: It's just I have a white board that's got nothing on it, and I'm like, that's my mood people, Just.
Speaker 2: What's the issue is that it's everyone's mood board. So I think, like most people, we've been conditioned to think that like white on white and linen and an olive tree, like that is like the aesthetic that everyone has pinned.
Speaker 1: I have an olive tree in my house and I'm wearing basically all the same beige color.
Speaker 3: I feel very attacked. However, our aesthetic for this house is very colorful. It's like maximnimalist. Is that the right word for it?
Speaker 4: When you say ow is it actually our?
Speaker 3: Is it yours?
Speaker 2: Pinterest board is very colorful, it's very vibrant. It's lots of clashing prints. There's a lot going on.
Speaker 3: Now. I'm at about.
Speaker 2: Seventy percent of that matter is at one hundred and twenty percent. Matt wants every wall to be painted a different color. He wants a bright blue laundry.
Speaker 3: He wants like a Wiggles house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that's what it is. Maybe he wants to he wants to create kid content. He wants to be the new fucking Blippy.
Speaker 3: He does. He's creating his own on set. That's what this is. I think he is.
Speaker 1: I think we've just made an in real time Discovery. He has been on play School and he doesn't have a kid's book and a kid's podcast.
Speaker 2: He has also mentioned a couple of times that if he was going to make a career pivot, he would create a kid's YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: They how have you not seen that until now? He's be creating a set.
Speaker 4: Those kids make bank. My brother has one on They make over thirty million dollars a year just from YouTube and they like unpack new toys and stuff.
Speaker 2: No, he doesn't want to hawk our family and make child influences out of them.
Speaker 1: Well he should.
Speaker 3: He wants to be like a Blippy.
Speaker 2: Parents will understand this, and parents will be like, fucking Blippy. Blippy is a guy in the US who doesn't have children himself. He has made no, he's made like eighty three million dollars from this blippy character. Anyway, we have gotten really off track. But the back on track version of this is that we are trying to renovate and we don't agree, and it has been a very interesting little pressure cooker on our relationship.
Speaker 1: I have an idea, why don't you give him like a part of the house, like a corner of the house. And you're like, do what you want you can. This can be your set, this can be whatever, make it whatever colors you want. Then lock that away. And when I say a corner of the house, I mean like a two by two, Like he's got a very small area.
Speaker 4: But you can't just do that in a house because you need it to flow, you need it to like work in together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you're gonna go rogue in a room, it's a laundry, right because it's not like guess like, hey, you're just going to pop into the laundry.
Speaker 3: Is like I don't use it anyway, Well I'm just laughing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no one, You know, when you say something, I think, as I was coming out of Kish's mouth, she knew she shouldn't say, but she'd commit it.
Speaker 4: Why does Matt not get ownership of the kitchen it's the only one who uses.
Speaker 1: That's that's true.
Speaker 2: It's true, guys, it's true. I don't cook Matt Cook's and he does a lot of the clean He's the one who's going to enjoy that.
Speaker 3: Space, so he might as well. Paine of Blue, Sorry, I'm taking the.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 4: I am aware of some of the comments that people have made to you regarding your renovations online, and they're cruel.
Speaker 2: This was one comment that I received. It stuck with me, and it hurt me. It doesn't mean that you know shit about interior design. And as someone who builds home for a living, I would absolutely not trust my arty friend who sometimes makes jewelry.
Speaker 3: Love your enthusiasm.
Speaker 1: Though, who sometimes makes Stewey. It's so cute, it's so bold, it's so unnecessary.
Speaker 3: Don't mean shit. They don't, though, I mean, to be fair, they don't. Like no one else has to live in the house. I just don't.
Speaker 4: Understand why people get so like sometimes. I think we need the reminder that inside thoughts don't need to be outside tight. They just don't need to be sent to the person. It's strange to me that someone feels that passionately about a space that they're arguably never gonna walk into that. They could set a message like that, like it's actually a bit odd.
Speaker 2: No, but also I do respect it. I was like, okay, well a little bit because I was like, how there.
Speaker 3: I have the.
Speaker 5: Audacity that I think I can do interior design, but I've never done it.
Speaker 3: I'm of imposter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, what's time for vibes and unsubscribes.
Speaker 3: Key, she can kick us off. What do you buy?
Speaker 1: Mean?
Speaker 4: So my vibe this week is so Britney coded that I can't believe I beat you to it with this one.
Speaker 3: I bet you.
Speaker 1: I've listened to it, watched it, done it.
Speaker 4: Then it's on Disney Plus. It is a it's a docu series. It's three episodes and it's titled Perfect Wife. The Mysterious Disappearance of Sherry Peppinie.
Speaker 3: It's so good.
Speaker 4: Yes, So this one explores the kidnapping. I'm not going to give away any spoilers, but the kidnapping of Sherry Pepinie and this is the little byeline. One day in late twenty sixteen, Sherry disappeared, kicking off a nationwide search. About three weeks later, on Thanksgiving, Sherry turned back up. She claimed that she'd been abducted, branded and tortured by two Hispanic women before being released on the side of the road. This dockuseries, like I said, three episodes. It's quite a similar nature to American Nightmare. We got to interview Denise Huskins from American Nightmare.
Speaker 3: Shortly after that.
Speaker 4: Dockuseries went on Netflix. Very different outcome, but very very interesting exploration into the psychology of the way that people think and the reasons that they do the things that they do.
Speaker 1: I also really like the fact that the whole way, you think you know what is happening and what's happened in the outcome, and then you switch and then you're like, oh, this definitely happened. Then you're like, oh my god, no it didn't. This happened, and it keeps you on your toes the whole way. Like sometimes when you watch those sort of things, you know from the very beginning. But this I felt like took a lot of twists and turns. Well.
Speaker 4: I was a little silly because I don't like to waste my time watching something new if I don't think I'm going to be into it. And I'm not a big true crime person. So I actually googled the story because it's a real story, and because it was in twenty sixteen, they have so much footage that was actually recorded as a part of the investigation, and they've been allowed to use every single part of that. It was really good to have that insight of this actually happened. They didn't have to reenact anything because they had footage of the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, it's great, it's great, dog go Yeah. So I had actually googled.
Speaker 4: What happened beforehand, so I did go in knowing regardless.
Speaker 3: It was very, very interesting.
Speaker 4: So Disney plus it is called Perfect Wife, the Mysterious Disappearance of Sherry Peppini, and three episodes. I think collectively it would be about two and a half hours of content loss.
Speaker 2: Well, now that we're speaking about renovation content and that's what inspires my entire life, I am recommending something that's design based because I'm a designer.
Speaker 3: Everyone.
Speaker 2: This is something that I have found very very useful in the last couple of years, especially if you're somebody who works within digital design. So if you're creating, and I think everybody these days is kind of a bit of a digital designer in terms of like doing things on canber or there's this expectation that you're able to Why you laughing.
Speaker 3: Because I'm so bad.
Speaker 4: I just use the templates that you set up for.
Speaker 1: I'm bad at Canva two.
Speaker 2: I make the templates and then every so often I have to jump in and be like Kisha, you've changed it too much.
Speaker 3: All over the rules. It's a true crime.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 3: It's like dun, dun, Why is everything black and red?
Speaker 2: This is something if you're a designer, you would already be familiar with this platform, but something that is specific on it that I find very useful. It's called Figma dot com, but it is their color wheel. It's very accurate and it's very good. So if you are creating a logo or you're creating a story set or something and you're hell bent on using one color, the purpose of this is to tell you the complementary colors that will match the color that you're using in a way. So for us, I've been using it with the house, so we know that we have a blue laundry, for example, I'll type in the specific color of blue that we want to be using, and it will give me the complementary colors to make sure that everything else with them that space is matching.
Speaker 1: Does it just come up and say don't do it?
Speaker 3: Someone say that's fucked. Go beige and you can. I'd of roll through.
Speaker 2: So for example, you know, you might pick a purple and then it might give you a complimentary green. If you're not happy with that complimentary green, you can go through and choose other the closest to complimentary colors. It's really really useful if you're someone who enjoys doing little bits of design yourself, but maybe need a little bit more support or helping hands. So that's Figma dot com. I'm specifically recommending the color wheel, which is an extension on this website, but there is if you're a designer.
Speaker 3: This is a very very useful website to use. Great do you reckon?
Speaker 1: I could put my hair color in orange and then see what I could wear with it, like.
Speaker 3: Well, patches, yeah, blues? Oh okay, I like blue? You look better in blue. Great, you'll suit my laundry perfectly.
Speaker 1: Over okay, Well I will go something completely superficial. Then. Because you guys did great more in depth intelligent recommendations this week.
Speaker 3: This is what I have been using. It's like I use soap. It's great.
Speaker 1: No, it's just a little product that I use in winter when I love a turtleneck.
Speaker 3: You blank it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'll stop, okay, bitch, when in winter I've been wearing it, or sometimes when you want to pick me up. So I now do not ever go into the sun. I never go into the sun. If I ever have a tan, it's fake. But in winter when you completely covered. It's from Tanologist is the brand, and it's a self tan drop that you mix into your face moisturizer and you just put it on your face and neck, so you guys wouldn't even know. You probably thought I had a tan in the last couple of weeks when I was wearing my turtleneck.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I had a very white body and I had a face tan because it's the only part you can see. So it's for those really lazy times where you don't want a tan, like put a whole fake tan on. You just mix it into your moisturizer at night the day before go to bed, and it's just a beautiful, gradual tan on your face.
Speaker 2: I've used face drops before from a different brand, and I found that they made me break out, so I stopped using them. I loved like the I love the instant effect. Any more than two days in a row looked very orange, but the one day glow was great. Well, the breakout was not great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so well, it's called tanologists. You can get it from loads of different places online, Revolve a zoss, but you can also get it from price line. So that is my reco. Use it every couple of days. Definitely, don't do it. Laura didn't like, do it every single day.
Speaker 3: Don't back it up.
Speaker 1: My only advice is I put it on my face the first day and I was like, it probably doesn't work that much, and I forgot to wash my hands.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, I was about to say, I've got a further reco based off of this.
Speaker 1: My hands I look like a mime that would like that was bright orange hands just like all around. I could have done like finger painting. So that's my reco for off the back of that, make sure you wash your hands. Mine.
Speaker 4: On top of that, I specifically use the Barley Body one and they have a brush and it's meant to be to brush your tan into your body, but I actually use it on my face to avoid it getting on my hands. And also because then you can get into the little like right up to your hairline, because if you don't get it right up to the line, you get this like halo ring of ten and then you've got this little white line before your hair reaches your face.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I have a further recommendation. It is use a brush to put the tan, even if you're doing it with your moisturizer.
Speaker 3: All right, well, let's get into the questions.
Speaker 1: One of my closest friends is getting married in Canada. I am one of her bridesmaids and I am so stoked for it. Obviously, to go to the wedding, my partner and I have booked flights over there which are not cheap, and also booked a hotel which was chosen for by the wedding party, also not so cheap. I don't mind about these costs because it's my close friend and it's a holiday to Canada. It's like a two in one. My partner and I have debated whether we should get them a wedding gift or not. I don't mind getting one. I do like giving gifts, but my partner thinks we've already spent a lot of money going to the wedding. So I'm curious to know what you guys think. Do you have to get a wedding gift for someone if you've already invested around four thousand dollars to get to the destination wedding.
Speaker 2: I may be on my own with this answer, but I don't think you need to get a present if you're spending heaps of money to go to a destination wedding.
Speaker 3: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I think you're on your own.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not good because I'm either having said.
Speaker 3: That, he's like, buy me a present.
Speaker 1: I am having a destination wedding and I would love you to give me a present. No, I mean as someone that is having a destination wedding, I don't want gifts from anyone for me. So cringe. I'm gonna say this. The gift is your presence. All the people that I love are making the effort to travel to Bali. Then like, that is it for me? You do not need to give me a gift if you are loaded and you want to. That was a joke, but we said this the other week.
Speaker 2: I was like, God, we we need to normalize having very public conversations around weddings and expectations because everyone's confused. No one knows what the norm is, No one knows how much is an acceptable amount of money? Like what am I supposed to wear? What am I supposed to do? How do I behave as a bridesmaid? What can I say no to?
Speaker 3: And it's hard and it costs so much.
Speaker 2: And I think that we have, like I said the other week, and I'm getting passionate about it again, some really unrealistic expectations that are placed on us when it comes to weddings.
Speaker 3: And if you are.
Speaker 2: Spending four thousand dollars, four thousand dollars, even if that means you're going on a holiday to somewhere that you've always wanted to go, But if you're spending four thousand dollars to stay in the hotel they want to stay in, to buy the dress that they want you to buy, to go to an event that they are putting on, then no, you don't have to get a present.
Speaker 3: I would recommend getting a card.
Speaker 2: Though, Write a beautiful, heartfelt card that says you know how you feel about them and everything, and then pop it in. You can also ask. You can also say to your friend. If you guys are close enough, you're in the bridal party, say to your best friend, Hey, honey, I just want to get your gauge because I'm not sure what the expectation is. We've spent quite a bit of money on the wedding so far. Do you expect a present? Do you expect present?
Speaker 1: I don't even think you need to have that. I'd be awkward if my friends came and said that. But the answer is no. But you might say yes, like you just did.
Speaker 3: You made a joke. Now I'm gonna get your present fucking else.
Speaker 1: Not I will have at my wedding like a box for cars uds because I think that's great. Write me fucking wedding advice, give me good wishes, put the luck on me, give me the love like I would love to read your cards because you're important to me. Am I going to be shaking them to see if cash comes out? No?
Speaker 3: Like I don't.
Speaker 1: And also if it's a destination wedding, people don't want you to take a frying pan over there, Like people don't want to bring their gifts back from Canada. They're not going to want fifty eighty one hundred people bringing them a gift. Gifts at weddings are still one hundred percent of thing in this situation. For me, they're not like it's a destination wedding overseas that you're spending bank on, so for me it doesn't fit.
Speaker 3: I totally agree.
Speaker 2: I also think that if you're having a destination wedding and you expect as a bride that your family and friends are all going to also give you a gift, I think you are expecting too much and that it should be something that you come to terms with that if you have made that choice, then you should not expect the people in your life to go the extra mile. Because they really have contributed so much to physically be there to celebrate with you, to make you feel special in the day, that should be enough.
Speaker 1: I do want to say this question like there were so many of them. We have had so many of them coming about destination weddings and or a destination wedding even within Australia, like one that you have to travel to Australia is so big that half the time it's still classified as destination wedding. You're still booking flights and a calm somewhere so it's a really common thing.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: The end presence presence, his presence, presence.
Speaker 3: My presence is your present.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm expecting one from you.
Speaker 3: It's coming from life on cars. It's gonna put on the company car. So I'm paying for it myself.
Speaker 1: Ye. Can I pay for my own wedding out of life on cart Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Not too far.
Speaker 2: Too far. You can pay for your fifty percent and then reimburse me. I don't know how the taxman.
Speaker 1: Would feel about that, so yeah, he'd be on me.
Speaker 3: Okay, next question.
Speaker 2: My now ex boyfriend broke up with me a few months ago after I found it he was cheating on me. It was awful, as we lived together and we went to UNI together. Not only do I go to UNI with him, but also with the other women he was cheating on me with. We were together for three years.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Another guy I also go to UNI I used to date five years ago. My ex was aware of him, and we've all been really good friends. He also broke up with his girlfriend that he dated for a similar amount of time. We have always been friends ever since the breakup, and I was also friends with his ex girlfriend. Sounds like a very close group of lots of ex'es and they're all still friends.
Speaker 3: Good for them.
Speaker 2: Fast forward to now, I am now a lawyer and finished with UNI and don't have to see my ex that often except on social occasions. I've caught up with this other guy a couple of times and we have had a real vibe for about a month now. On Saturday night, he invited me to his house with a bunch of our lawyer friends from UNI, including my ex, and after a lot of alcohol, my ex and the other people all left and then this one guy asked me to stay over the night to.
Speaker 3: Chat, which I did. I don't know why the ex was imperative to this conversation. He has nothing to do with. Also, the old stayed chat with our private parts.
Speaker 2: One thing led to another and we had sex and it was really great.
Speaker 3: He also said that he enjoyed it. I stayed the night.
Speaker 2: We hugged, He made me coffee and breakfast in the morning if they had sex, oh, but and hugged we had sex.
Speaker 1: I then hugged, sorry you left that part out.
Speaker 3: You just said I stayed the night and hugged. I was like wow rr.
Speaker 2: A few hours after he dropped me off I messaged him and said, thank you for dropping me off and I had fun last night.
Speaker 3: He read the message. He still hasn't replied.
Speaker 2: In the whole five years I have known him, he has never ever left me on red. I don't want to come across as desperate, but do I double message him now? I still have his clothes and don't know what to do. It's also not like we're not going to see each other again. We are literally in the same friendship group and are both invited to another party this coming weekend.
Speaker 3: Please help.
Speaker 1: I asked Ben about this because we can give advice as women on like how we feel double texting, what the situation was, like, what it means.
Speaker 3: We read into a lot.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the day, I wanted a man's opinion to be like, Okay, you've done this, You've banged it, chick. You know what, it's been a couple of days. She wrote to you to thank you after you made a breakfast. Does she message you again?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: What would happen if she got a double text? And why didn't you respond? So Ben said two things. He said, you are getting mixed signals for sure, because the making of the breakfast and coffee in the morning.
Speaker 3: Ough totally is like is I really did enjoy that? And like you?
Speaker 1: I want you to hang around and want to be respectful in all of that. But then also the leaving you on red and not responding to a message that specifically about the night you spent together, is you know, giving you the opposite message of saying like, I'm not that interested. I have written back.
Speaker 3: He thinks you are.
Speaker 1: Over reacting in this situation, like overthinking it. He thinks you can one hundred percent double text to tease, like even if you like a girl, sometimes you get busy and you don't respond for whatever reason. He's like, so a double text is fine. Absolutely never unequivocally do not triple text, was Pen's advice, Like a double is done. The breakfast making in this situation could be because you are friends. He does respect you, but maybe he doesn't want anything else. So long story short, you're fucked. There's no right answer now until this weekend. So I would just play it off. You know you're seeing him in a couple of days time, Just be cool, don't overthink it, see him at the party and get the vibe of what happens.
Speaker 2: I one hundred percent fucking good advice. Oh he really nailed it today. Okay, So I think that you hit the nail on the head. I think he very much wanted to have sex with you. He doesn't necessarily want a relationship with you, but he respects you as a friend and therefore felt that the after care was important, but doesn't want to necessarily message you back about the sex with enthusiasm that would give you the idea that he's invested beyond it just being something that is casual, which is shit. Because my big thing here is is like, don't fuck your friends if it's going to fuck your friendship, which this might do if there's been intense flirting for a period of time, And I just think it's so unnecessary. There's so many other people you can have sex with, Like, don't ruin your friendship group, especially if you think someone might want more than just like a casual hangs and bangs. Anyway, now they've got that part out of the way, I agree, the only thing that you can do is just send another message, gauge the response, play it cool, and play it cool on the weekend. Because just because he did have sex with you and it did something happened. That wasn't a confirmation of anything to come either. So I don't want you to catastrophize the situation. I don't want you to kind of get ahead of yourself. I don't want your self sabotage the situation either. Just don't think too much about the second text, you know, like looking forward to seeing you this weekend.
Speaker 3: I mean, what would you write for the second text, question mark.
Speaker 1: I probably wouldn't second text, because you know you've seen him now.
Speaker 2: My second text would be like, hey, whatevery day is I have your clothes?
Speaker 3: Do you want me to drop them around? Or shall I give them to you this weekend?
Speaker 2: Lol, I'll meet you the car parks that you don't you know, we can do the exchange under the cloud of darkness.
Speaker 1: That's a good one for sure. But yeah, the thing for me is or maybe you don't do that. Maybe you take the clothes in the car, and that is your way of being like, hey, I have the clothes in the car if you want to grab them, and then you can hook up again later if you want it. But I think you're overthinking this. And the last thing I want to say is and I'm only touching on it because you've specifically put it in here, because I know we think it means something. It doesn't. You said we hugged through the night, like we cuddled through the night. We put so much emphasis on that, Like we think that if a man's not interested, he won't touch us all night, but if he cuddles us in bed, like you know, he cuddled me the whole night, like it was really something, it's not. We love human connection and whether it's just for twenty four hours. Like the first time I saw Ben, I didn't think I was gonna see him again. I was holding we were holding hands, walking around, thinking that it was nothing, but I was like, this is a nice moment to feel some love, affection, connection. It doesn't necessarily mean what you think it means.
Speaker 2: Men love to treat you like your their girlfriend when you're not their girlfriend. They want nothing from you. Yeah, they don't want a commitment. They'll do it for years and not commit. Not all men, I should say, I know there will be some offended listeners. Some men love all of the things that come with feeling like you have a girlfriend without the responsibility. That is the cuddling, the handholding, the introducing to your friends, the making weekend plans, the doing dinners.
Speaker 3: There are people who.
Speaker 2: Will treat you exactly like you are their girlfriend, except they won't put a label on it.
Speaker 3: Run for the fucking hell.
Speaker 1: No, I want to say, I want to defend men here, I've done that totally.
Speaker 3: Do it like I care more because I've been on the receiving end of it. I've also done it to people.
Speaker 1: I have been the giver hardcore, Like the guy that used to turn up at my house at four am with flowers, the widow I kept him around because.
Speaker 2: I liked he wasn't a weirdo. Brit You did that to him, you made him a weirdo. He was invested and.
Speaker 3: You were like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But there are times that you know that something is not going to be for doesn't mean you're not enjoying the moment and enjoying.
Speaker 3: What it is.
Speaker 1: Like. I love people that date not just for an end goal. Sometimes you date for a period of your life because they're not your penguin, but you're learning something from it, You're enjoying it, you're having fun. There's physicality, there's intimacy, but it doesn't have to be your Penguin.
Speaker 2: Do you know who gave the absolute best advice Matthew Hussey on this exact kind of topic. And I know we've gotten a little bit ahead of ourselves. But for anyone who's questioning whether they're in a situationship and that person is ever going to give them the things that they want, he was, like, the time that you should believe what someone says over their actions is in the instance that a person that you are seeing is saying to your face, I don't want to be in a relationship with you. I'm not ready for a relationship. But they're still doing all the things that would make you think that actually maybe they might change their mind. And the reason for that is is because it is a great inconvenience to them to say the words and to tell you that they don't want something from you, because they could lose all that intimacy, you could walk away. They are giving you verbally every opportunity to make a decision. They then still have the get out of jail free card, the mental get out of jail free card.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I told.
Speaker 2: You I didn't want anything. You can't be angry at me that we cuddled. You can't be angry at me that I introduce you to my mum and brought you over Christmas. I told you I wasn't ready for a relationship. So in those instances, if you find yourself in that place where someone is verbally saying to you something that isn't convenient to them, believe that over any of their actions. And I know that that's a little bit of a head in this situation, but when he said that, I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: I think just at the end of the day, my number one piece of advice when dating or relationships is, don't overthink something like triple text is quad driple text, turn up at the house. If they don't respond, break and enter, think.
Speaker 3: About it, just do it. Go through impulses.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let us know how Saturday night goes, though, Like give us an art math without a few aftermaths coming in, So send us what happens on Saturday night, because I think this just came in and so let us know.
Speaker 2: Could I also say one other option that could be he might like you, he might want something, but he might not be ready to kind of deal with what that might mean from transitioning the friendship to something that could be more again, we're overthinking it.
Speaker 3: He just hasn't texted you back yet and might need some processing time not thinking about it yet.
Speaker 1: He knows he's seeing you on the weekend.
Speaker 3: That's what I think. I think you fucked.
Speaker 1: He made your breakfast, your friends.
Speaker 3: You're seeing him on the weekend like cruise, Yeah, cruise cruise, Brittany.
Speaker 1: Question number three, I've always been curious how females maintain pubicare My husband says he doesn't care whether it's bear or harry or whatever.
Speaker 3: Good on your husband, Yeah, how it should be.
Speaker 1: But I still can't figure out what I prefer either. What is the norm these days? Completely bear or hairy and unmaintained. Please let us know what you and how often. I think this is a great question.
Speaker 3: You're a laser well, I think it's a great question out you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks, thanks, Laura.
Speaker 3: Said what mine was, you're a laser bit. I actually laser evil. I have laser booked in tomorrow.
Speaker 1: No. I think it's a great question because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter what you want. If you want to be unmaintained, Harry, you want a landing strip. Care remember when landing strips were in. I had one. I think people still have them, yeah, but they went through a real hot craze when people would do like love hearts and like triangles and like different like I won perfectly manicure little grass patch above your Yeah, what do you call it?
Speaker 5: Your slip that's too gruffy the lips, but it's the top of it, like a little perfectly.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget, so in and I had one, right, so it's like where you're all ball for those that don't know, you're all ball, shaved, wax lasered, whatever you want. And then there was a tiny thin strip that came from the top of the lips up. But I'll never forget. It was on this podcast when somebody wrote in and they got a reverse landing strip because they didn't know, so they were opposite. They were all hairy, and they just shaved a strip, which actually makes sense, like when you think of what a landing strip is.
Speaker 3: They shave like a jungle.
Speaker 2: They shaved one perfect rectangle of bear skin.
Speaker 3: It was the reverse strip, so fucking good.
Speaker 1: But I think at the end of the days, whatever you want, whatever you want to talk to your partner. I genuinely think it's okay, and there's a lot of women out there they're going to be like, fuck, no, do what you want. I don't think it's the end of the world to also ask your partner and have that discussion, like do you have a preference of what you like? You know, at the end of the day, if their head's going to be down there all the time, maybe they have a preference. You don't have to listen to what they say. But for me, I mean, I have a laser booked in tomorrow. This is probably my fourth laser and you're completely bald eagle. I am bald eagle, baby, I am complete Brazilian. I actually get the Hollywood, which is that hill as well?
Speaker 3: You have mentioned that.
Speaker 1: I've mentioned the Hollywood, but that's just what I prefer personally. But there's like, there's nothing wrong with whatever you decide.
Speaker 2: I don't think bald is as common as it used to be.
Speaker 3: I think ten years.
Speaker 2: Ago volvers were absolutely hairless and that was kind of the what was in. But you know what, when it comes to pubic hair, I think it goes in rotation as well and say, way, ah, I'm lazy, that's what I am.
Speaker 1: I am lazier as well, which is why I get the laser.
Speaker 2: I do not laser. I shave because I find to shave. I don't get any ingrownd hairs or anything. No, some people can't shave because they get ingrown hairs. I can't wax because I get fucking ingray hair.
Speaker 1: I could wax a Brazilian two minutes flat. If I was a world championship.
Speaker 5: My whole volver would look like a pimply sixteen year old like it would be straight back there.
Speaker 2: It'd be so tough for me anyway, no waxing for me. Shaving great, but look I used to have absolutely no hair ten years ago.
Speaker 5: Now, I mean I have no hair for once a month when I can be bothered to shave it, and then all of a sudden it's back.
Speaker 3: But like it does that, it does that.
Speaker 2: I think it's Firstly, it shouldn't be something that's admirable. It shouldn't be something that we're like, oh, good on your husband, But it is great that you have a partner who doesn't care, who doesn't put forward their preferences and make you feel as though you have to maintain some sort of level of something that you don't care to maintain for me. Also, I feel so grateful to be in a relationship. And once again I don't say grateful because it sounds stupid, but it's great to be in a relationship with someone who finds me attractive whatever I'm doing, do you know what I mean? Because the people believe it or not like you for you not your puby care, so your fucking puber care.
Speaker 3: It's hair.
Speaker 2: And also it's natural, there's no I just hate the double standard of it. There's no woman out there who's saying to their health. Maybe there is, but very few who are saying to their husband, you need to be completely bulled.
Speaker 3: Bullsack ass crack asshole dick. I want it all gone. Like no one's saying that.
Speaker 1: I actually think. I mean, I disagree. I think people are saying that, and I think it's absolutely okay if a man expects a woman, and I do think it if you are wanting to your partner to go down you all the time and they're constantly getting pubic hair in their mouth, they're pulling it out of their teeth, it's in their throat, Like, I think it's absolutely okay to say, well, if you want me to do all the time. You're gonna have to maintain it. I think that that's fine. I think trimp.
Speaker 2: But there's a difference between maintained and expecting someone to be completely bored as an expectation. That's two different things. Yeah, I agree with you, Britt. Maybe there are some women who ask for it. But the volume of women who expect their men to be completely hairless verse the volume of men who expect their women to be completely hairless, we don't even need to a poll on that. That would be like an incomparable number.
Speaker 1: But I think a lot of the pressure this is just my thought, This is an assumption, not based on any kind of fact. I think a lot of the pressure that women feel to maintain it and look a certain way comes from ourselves. I think a lot of it comes from other women or the expectations, maybe what we see in porn, what we think the man is going to want because of what we know he sees in porn. I tell you, we put it on.
Speaker 2: Ourselves my level of maintenance, and this is maybe too much information, but I don't really care, because you guys know, everything about me is so long as it's maintained within a bikini line.
Speaker 3: I'm satisfied.
Speaker 2: And I usually only know that it's not maintained between a bikini line because.
Speaker 5: I'm at the beach and I'm like, shit, should have done that before I got here. It's like a monthly realization that I need to just kind of fix up the sides. I you know, scary movie when she looks great and then they take the undies off and the bushes pushes.
Speaker 3: Into the root. It's me, I don't care.
Speaker 1: And then he has to get the chainsaw out and hack down on the pubicula.
Speaker 3: She's laughing. Laura's got no idea.
Speaker 1: It's a iconic scene. Yeah, I don't care. I've got hair, not as much as full bush, but I do have hair. It genuinely doesn't matter. I'm only lasering to be honest, not for esthetics. It's so that once it's gone, I never have to do it again. It's a laziness thing. I'm not being lazy now, so I can be lazy for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I have hair out of laziness as well, because I can't be bothered to do anything the end. Also, why should I have to yeah, preach, preach, Well, that is it from usk Guys. If you have any questions for asking cut, slide on into the d ms. You know, that's at Life and Cut Podcast. You can also follow us on Instagram. You can follow us on TikTok. We do all the things and we're in all the places.
Speaker 1: Yeah, jump on YouTube too, Life and Cut Podcast because we are going to be doing some sneaky giver for subscribers, but you have to have subscribed.
Speaker 3: To get it.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna give you more information in the coming weeks, but make sure you get amongst it. It's also great to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, right now, I'm getting a perfect view straight up, Brittie Klucker.
Speaker 3: I get that. Can you see that? Not entirely, no, it's but it's very directional right up there.
Speaker 1: I do have short shorts on, but my legs have been crossed. My legs to the camera have been crossed. So you're gonna make people want to actually, yeah, that's a good hit. Goes to YouTube.
Speaker 3: Do you want or maybe not? There's a breadcrumb for you anyway, guys, that's it from us.
Speaker 1: You know the drill to your mum, do your dad, dog, do friends and share a love because we love, love,