Speaker 1: Welcome to Them, Christian No Common Show podcast. I couldn't get enough of an emerging news story coming from Scotland yesterday. We have these big TVs out here in the office where the sales team set. Therese massive big TV's got I don't know why they have the news on, by the way, it's always got the news on. But anyway, they had like this big flash up. The headline was Immersive Wonker Experience horrifies children and it was some sort of made up from a very funny satirical American website, The Onion, and I got my phone out to take a photo because I immediately thought I need to know about this. It's not something you don't annoyally see that together. It felt like the ghost of Wonka was putting this together because you know, basically, four kids died in the original Wonker Immersive Walker Experience. Those people are lucky they left with their wives and only losing their lives, only losing seventy bucks. But in Scotland, what was advertised as Willie's Chocolate Experience, charging seventy bucks entry, it was an immersive experience. The promise to transport Winnie Wonka fans to a magical realm was such a letdown that they called the police and said it looked like a meth lab. This is what happened to some of the people that were in train spotting. They try to rip off all Scottish families and the police were called. They called the police. Imagine you had such a bad experience at a kid's non attraction.
Speaker 2: You called the police. But it was so bad, it's awful. It's built inside a warehouse. Yeah, and it's so sparsely fitted out. It looks like a local primary school could have done a better job of making it look magical.
Speaker 1: Screams a small radio station trying to promote the movie Winnie Wonka unofficially days that was a lot of obis. But to charge on sefty bucks to go to a Scottish warehouse, according to the BBC, a sparsely decorated warehouse with a scattering of plastic prime, a small bouncy castle. And then there was also that children were given one jelly bean and at half a cup of supermarket home brand lemon. Even CNN reporting on it, there was no captivating entertainment, no paradise of sweet treats as was advertised. One actor who was hired to work the event, described it as quote where dreams.
Speaker 2: Go to die.
Speaker 3: Oh damn.
Speaker 1: Perhaps you have you've seen it, No, I haven't. Oh my word, there's some I don't know whether she's an actress or she's.
Speaker 2: She's like one of the umple lumpers. Yeah, dressed is one of them.
Speaker 1: Behind what does look like a meth lab. It's it is actually sort of chemicals in flassnet where the frozen look on her face looks like she's questioning all the life choices that have led to that precise moment. The BBC, obviously they do. They are one of the biggest broadcasters in the world. They do a massive phone and at midday kind of like Neil Mitchell, but you talk about ten or eleven million people listening. Shot huge. Jeremy Vine the BBC. I've worked for the BBC for years. You are not allowed to have bad language on there. It's like a major thing. Soe Carson, who was there and sweat and I think it's the right use to swear word. It's the only way to describe someone like that. Jeremy Vine, the host, is not happy with the swearing. He's more upset with the swearing than actually the kids being ripped off.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think part of my language, the bad way of describing it. It was an absolute shit show. Yeah, let's try and if we can keep the language a little bit cleaner, that would be okay. That's fine. You've you've, you've done it, and you've said it.
Speaker 1: Don't ever do that again, please, I mean, Jeremy, come here, listen to the radio here, you'd be horrified, sir.
Speaker 3: I think part of my language, the bad way of describing it.
Speaker 1: It was an absolute ship show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's try and if we can keep the language a little bit cleaner, that would be. Okay. That's fine. You've you've, you've done it, and you've said it. It must never happen. That's done. It's done. Anyway.
Speaker 1: You need you need these, you need these photos in your life. Trust me. Right today, when you get a moment, google the news story. It's increble. Look at the lady mind
Speaker 3: Meth Lapp Christian Connell's Show podcast