Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app Got anything good?
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning Rio, Good morning, Christian Coome Oning Patsy, Morning John Batty? Are you talking about the milk, the bread, the onion prices and where are the best places to get value for money? You guys familiar with the old timey phrase know your onions? I'm much to love that phrase. Google it now. Okay, it's a very old phrase. Someone who knows their onions is like a master of their craft or trade. Oh right, Oh, it's a phrase that these days is this going to die out? The young generation won't know what I'm talking about. But someone who's very good at their job, you might recommend a gardener or a pair man. You would say you should call Dave is any good? He knows his onions? And I never, even as a kid, who was that does that? It's not related to someone who's a repair man knowing their nuts and bolts or car engine.
Speaker 3: I get it. Knowing your onions.
Speaker 4: Apparently it is cockney rhyming slang.
Speaker 1: What for what is it right for to know your onions, to.
Speaker 5: Know your onion rings? Yeah, to know your things. They've just dropped off the rings.
Speaker 1: Progress, it's evolution, perhasually, maybe because I know that the supermarkets sort of advertise and trade and what their prices are for like a liter or two liters of full cream milk, and also what the bread is, right, because people are quite we're quite loyal where we shopped to our grocery shopping, and a lot of it is just to do with what's nearby. Yeah, it's the closest one rather than actually, especially the cost of fuel right now and what's going on in the world. The fuel is already expensive here, it's going to keep creeping up. But actually I think that actually, like servo stations have the price on those big boards, have what a liter of milk is a loaf of bread? And again cafes, I want to see out the front. How much is how much is a latch air a cappuccino?
Speaker 4: Yes, because it's too awkward by the time you get up there.
Speaker 1: You can't be like, ohh, I'm shopping around at the moment now is that the best price?
Speaker 3: Because I was just chatting to the guy at.
Speaker 1: Seven eleven, and that Fellas said he could do it with the three fifty a single origin, but is it really going to taste three or four bucks more? Yeah?
Speaker 4: What's the best price?
Speaker 1: How of the prices on those big boards. More of that transparent pricing is what we need. We're living in the ear of compare the market, aren't we.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's just see it. Everywhere should be having what the what the market prices are?
Speaker 1: Okay, so it needs to be bread, milk and coffee as well. So what do we think the average coffee you want to know is a cappuccino in a lancer?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah. The other thing is, thank god we did that bread order today. I suddenly came in.
Speaker 3: It was like, hey, we.
Speaker 1: Still got that free bread, don't we? Right from Healthy Bake.
Speaker 3: I looked in the fridge. There's bread in.
Speaker 1: There's so much a handsome to it's just toast this morning. Thank you very much to Healthy Boat. They're still dropping off that bread delivery once a week, kayla?
Speaker 3: Are we still getting it.
Speaker 6: Every single week without fail? On a Monday we will have a big box come on.
Speaker 3: In and is everyone still enjoying the bread?
Speaker 7: Ohious?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say this though. My idea of a transparent toaster. I googled it the other day. It doesn't exist.
Speaker 4: Oh like a sea through one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because I'm always we all do this, don't we wear you want like you four or five minutes? You know what they kind of toast you want with us four? Three, four or five? But you're always after two minutes? Right, You just picked the thing out and then you chuck it back in. You just pick it up.
Speaker 3: You don't want to wait, You just stare at it. That's what you need.
Speaker 1: A transparent sea through toaster. You can see it browning to your like rather than you think. I'm sure whatever time. Why can't it just new kid? Why can't they use also microwave terechnology on toast? Why don't we got to wait for ragon?
Speaker 5: You're right, yes, And my problem is, no matter how expensive your toaster, I still yet to find one that has an even toasting on one side, one more like posted than the other.
Speaker 1: Yes, crazy, it's the same with showers, yes, yes, yeah, yeah. There's a difference between one millimeter between scolding and skinning, peeling off your scalp, right and ice cold? How can that one millimeter can't it be like the Toast Machine where it's got a skiller like one to five of How you Want to Be.
Speaker 2: Showered Christian O'Connell shower on podcast.
Speaker 1: One of the Odds. I just started watching a doncumentary about Nickelback.
Speaker 4: I didn't know they made you know.
Speaker 1: I was at a friend of mine yesterday. It's made this live an documentary. Oh yeah, right, and I'm doing the voiceover for it. When I was chatting to him and like what you've been up to? He goes, so did you ever see my Knickelback documentary? Right?
Speaker 3: And when we used to work together the same radio station, we used to argue a.
Speaker 1: Lot about Nickelback and I was showing on the side of Antie and Ben loved Nickelmack. So it's on Netflix. It's called Hate to Love. I watched it yesterday. It's really funny. Oh my god, it is so entertaining. Years and years and years ago, I interviewed Chad Krueger, lead sing off nickel about one of my most enjoyable interviews.
Speaker 4: Really, I thought he would be a toss.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, he completely gets it and doesn't care.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he completely gets it and just loves his lifestyle.
Speaker 3: He lives in a big house, He tours the world. He has a grill up. He doesn't care.
Speaker 1: Tony gets it, He goes, We're not the Beatles. We never even aspired to it. Have you heard the lyrics? I said, what is that one about? What the hell is on Joey's head? He goes, you wrote that stones. We didn't think anyone but like it. We wrote it because it was fun to write it and sing it.
Speaker 3: We didn't think it would become a big hit.
Speaker 1: Chad's actually zen most likable man in the world because actually he's free from what the rest of us are stuck in his tyranny of obsessing about what strangers think about us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that man has got zen Like Serenity.
Speaker 1: Who knew that the wisest man in music is Chad Kruger from nickl Back.
Speaker 3: Now, Patsy, how was everything for you yesterday? How was your day? Yes?
Speaker 6: Da?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 8: Can I just say we talk about the bread before. I did take home some fruit buns from the bakery yesterday and they were scrumdyly umptious with some melted butter.
Speaker 7: That was so thank you. They were beautiful.
Speaker 8: We had a toasty for lunch yesterday, and we Chris and I always have this debate about he hates.
Speaker 7: The way I make them. He has a way, a protocol.
Speaker 8: Of doing a toasty in that you do it in the sandwich press, of course, but he says that the butter must go on the outside of the bread, not on the inside, whereas I do it like a traditional sandwich.
Speaker 7: So I'll butter the inside and then whack it in there.
Speaker 1: And no no, no, no, no, no no no no no no no, no, Pats, no, it's not it's not a normal sandwich. Yeah, of course it's on the inside when it's outside, Yes, the toasting machine, because that heat has to be on the outside, and it.
Speaker 3: Gives it that nice what is that.
Speaker 4: Crunch?
Speaker 1: In a multification they call it?
Speaker 3: Sure yea.
Speaker 1: What I do is I don't just do the butter on the outside. I'll sprinkle a little bit of salt as well, and sometimes occasionally and a little coating, very light coating of mayonnaise.
Speaker 4: Really indulgence.
Speaker 1: So what happens is as you're biting into it, you don't have to wait to get through the bread for the party to start. The first thing you're tasting is the mayonnaise, bit of salt, and a butter.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, this is already great.
Speaker 1: We haven't even got the ham or cheese or whatever's waiting in there.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: We suddenly dessert is at the start of the meal.
Speaker 4: You flip the script.
Speaker 3: Game changer.
Speaker 4: But what, sorry, Patsy on the inside?
Speaker 1: What why? Like?
Speaker 5: I want to know the reasoning why you put it on the inside. Is it from moisture level?
Speaker 7: Yes, that's how you make That's how you make a sandwich, a.
Speaker 4: Toasted sandwich, yeh know.
Speaker 8: But sometimes, if I'm really daring, after it's been in the press, I'll just put a little scraping butter over the top before I eat it so it melts. But then it doesn't.
Speaker 4: On the bread much heat oil.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, I see what the love's got love God saying. But you know, I haven't got time to be fussy with.
Speaker 1: They don't make the toasty.
Speaker 7: I thought I was doing.
Speaker 1: Require as you take some time, you know what I said about that? No, your onions just comes down to Caitlin producer, Kaitlin, how do you how do you make? Do you do a bogum one?
Speaker 7: I'm so sorry. I don't put any butter anywhere.
Speaker 3: Why not is good for you?
Speaker 7: I understand that.
Speaker 6: I just I find overly greasy or overly oily things I do.
Speaker 1: Not like marinated.
Speaker 3: It's like a marinate.
Speaker 1: It's not greasy and too dry.
Speaker 5: Hardboard your phone, Yes, let's have a cardboard sandwich.
Speaker 6: No, you've got cheese on the inside. It's delectable. That's all you need.
Speaker 4: It's got get.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you what you're going to get. And this is the only that can describe it. Well, it's claggy. You're going to get claggy cheese. It's like that tongue depressor that the doctors have. That's what you're eating. Toasty like that. It's too dry.
Speaker 6: Guys, I've never had a problem with it. I absolutely love my toastes that I make at home.
Speaker 1: Don't ever make one for any of us. I'm not having it.
Speaker 2: The Christian o'connal show.
Speaker 1: Podcast stumbled and talking about toasty protocols. We've just had the shocking use sacrilegious in my book that Patsy does not butter the outside. I just presume we all knew you butter the outside. You must always use salt butter as well. Ext tang use unsalted butter.
Speaker 4: What exactly?
Speaker 7: Though Christian everyone used margarine.
Speaker 3: You didn't use butter unless you were like a farmer. Oh really, oh my god. It all it was was margarine.
Speaker 1: And also it had a particular yellow hue to it. And I think a lot of the problems with people like Patsy and I and people have a similar kind of vintage and ages. It's that yellow, Marjorie. Why was it so down yellow? It would age quickly. Yes, yeah, you're right, My mum and dad they still have it. It lives in the fridge, that real tough try and butter a saldi with it and it fills up like a power and a farmer's field. It calves up the bread.
Speaker 3: It's horrible. Yes, yes, you're right. At some point we just we just sort of moved to butter. Was it again?
Speaker 8: The butter back then, though, was very It was like brick, and it did break up the bread. But butter, Mum, butter has moved on. Now there is like softd is softed bread.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I take it. Perhaps you've got a nice fancy butter dish.
Speaker 7: No, oh no, we don't. You know, it's just out of the tub. Do you have a butter dish.
Speaker 1: If I'm shop, the first thing I look for is a brand new, second hand work, preloved butter dish. Oh no, it sits out there permanently, proudly. It's chopping board. Is that the ones with like the little Yeah, it's got a little thing on top and the second clash and you go, God is here? How very so? It's probably the most English thing we have in the house, is that butter dish. I remember once when one of the teenagers in lockdown in the mood broke the butter dish. My wife and I were like, you would have thought that we broke our life, or broke the wedding room the butter dish.
Speaker 3: Why would you do that?
Speaker 1: Where are the busy?
Speaker 3: Go on a plate like them?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, no, no, no no. The other thing I always use for a year because some people don't use a like the sandwich press.
Speaker 3: They use the stovetop.
Speaker 1: Nana is a grilled sandwich as opposed to a toasted sandwich. But either way, I always use two different types of cheese. Oh geese, okay, always go for mozzarella. It's not so greasy and it has it's more of a kind of pole. And no, it has a higher tensial strength.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, so it's more like a a tactile kind of.
Speaker 3: It's it's it melts better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't, because you know sometimes with the with the toasted sandwich, if you use it too hot or it's in there too long, you press down too hard, it all just oozes out the side and you're wasting quality cheesiness. So mozzarella won't do that for you, okay. And the other thing then you've got to have a flavor combination. So I'll go with a vintage cheddar. You need that that tanging, Oh yeah, you get that from a vintage Cheddar. Or if you want fancied up once a month, why not paid? I might cost you next to buck. But is it cost or is it an investment in happiness? Christian everyone? I do a ham and cheese with pineapple and of tomato sauce. No no, no, no.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, so wrong. That's just too much that's gone on. That's a it's a pizza with a ketchup dick, just a pizza, pauling Cooie.
Speaker 1: Rubn chrisher back up into London and Barcelona, not with flavors like that. You have it, mate, You've learnt nothing. Get back out there.
Speaker 3: Christian. You should try garlic butter with grated cheese.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's the other thing. Is like any cheese you put in the toasty. My protocol always grate it, really, don't slice it. No better melt when it's grated, and great your own. Don't buy that pregrated stuff, even though it's scary. Isn't that greater? Terrified of it? Terrified of it. It always ends in blood. It always wins. Butter on the outside of toasty all the way and let the cheese melt outs. You can peel it off, no robber, want it all contained in there. Christian, I love it hearing the enthusiasm. I'm cooking with you in the kitchen. Can you take us in that cake you major and lockdown. Listen, Matthew, that's a low blow, man. It was a dark time full of us. I went to be trying to make a cake rocket. You Matthew, you want to judge me, Okay, you want to go. You want to come at me, Come at me, bro You ever made a cake rocket? And also I generally made it unlike Pats who was let's just say the Lance Armstrong of making competition and your mum made it. I know, I saw your mum's fingerprints. I know those thumbwells and loops anywhere I got done out of that.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell. Here, I am moving on. But stalls wasdly look at it. An influx in my bocks of people's protocols about toasted sandwiches. Some of these a great Christian swap butter on the outside of your toasty for whole egg mayonnaise. It makes the outside crispier than butter. It will These are Luke's words. Rock are worlds.
Speaker 4: I'm ready to have my w wrong.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'd love to know is where people would say, seriously, make a great toasted sandwich. They must see places out that we don't know about. The do a killer one. If you know one, please let me know. Text me oh four seventy five three one o four three. Do you know if someone that makes a great one.
Speaker 5: There's two that I know of. One your neighbor on Bridge Road. Beautiful, very simple, elegant, toasty just well, yes it's restrained, but it's nice.
Speaker 3: So not too many flavors, not too much going on.
Speaker 5: No, it's very simple, but every element is done. They know and you're familiar as well.
Speaker 4: Maker and money.
Speaker 1: That's number one for me. That's straight on Goat Island at Paran Market. Oh my god, that is so good. Christian. Also, what about for the best toasty butter both outside and slow fry in the frying pan on the stove. It's better than you are seeing a sandwich press. Christian tar Rio. He needs a classic nineteen sixty Sunbeam automatic toaster. You put the bread, it automatically goes down itself. This is the best. They're worth quite a bit money. They you can buy them on ebathe, but they make for the best ones. It's like having one made in Italy that comes from Tammy.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of that.
Speaker 1: Do you know? There's some being automatic basic?
Speaker 8: Everyone had a sun Beat. You know what we did have growing up? We had a really old one where it was manual, so you had to open the sides of it on this little lever like it wasn't didn't have a lever. That's how whoa way back we were, and you had to like physically turn it around to do the other.
Speaker 3: Side, that's cool, I Christian.
Speaker 1: The best person to talk about Toasti's is Tim Bone from Tim's Toasties.
Speaker 5: Oh, master chef of Ballarat apparently, huh not master chef of Australia.
Speaker 1: Let's take it more local. Let's break it down to make it mollow master Ballarat. But no, you domain know his onions. He's the master of his onions. All right, let's play what's the year my friends?
Speaker 4: Do you know what they released?
Speaker 5: Free?
Speaker 1: Willly?
Speaker 4: Was it eighty nine or nine three? Or when did I don't record life four brands? I'm not very good with taste. Does anybody they know?
Speaker 1: What's the year? Again?
Speaker 3: What's the year?
Speaker 4: My friend?
Speaker 1: Good morning to Maria. I am I am moving on. But if I get an email suddenly and it's from Maria surname Cipriano, I'm presuming she's in an Italian heritage, they're going to know about totally Christian tried toasted sandwich with tomato, cheese and basil hasto.
Speaker 3: Oh oh yeah, it will also.
Speaker 1: Light loops rock our worlds? All right? What's the year of my friends? And you tell you about TV show, a movie or a song. You and Pat's taking each other on, Rio taking pats on and everyone listening right now you're trying to shout out what was the year? My friend first? Then a great great movie. In fact, my age, your daughter loveisider talk about yesterday when she asked me what do I think are the very best comedies ever made? And this movie Step Brothers is in any top two or three. It is relentlessly funny, and they do the very rare thing of a funny movie where the heartfelt stuff really surprises you and works. It doesn't feel bolted on at the end. You know the scene I'm talking about when they start singing together.
Speaker 3: I always get quite tearful watching this. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: He's on the back with the draft and watch the instrument with the long dangly what is that? What is that?
Speaker 3: Ballic? Stalard Knights and you're right?
Speaker 1: You go left to right or right to left?
Speaker 2: Fuck you.
Speaker 1: You can't go wrong? Will fail? And John c Riley, what a great double ap they were. But yes, so many quotable scenes as well. Did we.
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 3: Can we move our batch together?
Speaker 4: Do you know where that activities?
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: But what was the year step Brothers?
Speaker 7: Well, Catlina one, Yes, who is it now?
Speaker 3: He's a big megastar in severance. Adam Scott.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yes, he's want to punch in the face right head through that opening to the Treehouse.
Speaker 7: My favorite Will Feral movie.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to watch it again this weekend. That's that karaoke watching that movie in our family.
Speaker 8: I fear if I say the year, I'm going to be really rudely surprised by how long ago it was.
Speaker 3: We don't worry. You can't be rudely surprised. It's just it's just a game.
Speaker 7: I'm going to say two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, that's so rude.
Speaker 5: I remember year eleven. I was we went and saw this at the movie so must have been or own.
Speaker 1: Oh go your first Wie two thousand and eight nails it all right. So that's the movie Step Brothers two thousand and eight. Let's go on to TV now and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Speaker 3: No, I used to love you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it was so good Sarah, Michelle Geller and David Brands.
Speaker 7: You know they're bringing it back out.
Speaker 1: I'm not surprised.
Speaker 3: Great show.
Speaker 1: And who is her mate with the sleepmack hair looked like a bit like what.
Speaker 7: Was her name? Allison? Was Allison's?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I can't think of it?
Speaker 3: And there was another guy in it? Sid was his name?
Speaker 7: Was that the guy with the bleached hair?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, you're camping bleach show?
Speaker 1: Spike Tina Spike? Is it Spike Spike? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Well what was he here?
Speaker 1: What was here?
Speaker 3: Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Speaker 7: I say ninety six, I have no idea.
Speaker 4: I say ninety eight.
Speaker 1: You're both wrong, but I'll give you half a point pass nineteen ninety seven for when it first started, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. All right, now we got music. We're going to What year you're gotta be guest today? Gade gotta be eighties? Yes, I'm gonna.
Speaker 8: Say early eighties, because I think I think this was eighty one.
Speaker 1: Ah, eighty six, eighty two, you're just a year of.
Speaker 6: This.
Speaker 1: Actually not to Michael Jackson and Biddie Jean off the chart Listen, this was a this is still a good wedding, this go this is a party banger. And then this is one of my favorite eighties movies.
Speaker 2: Bueller, Bueller, Bueller.
Speaker 3: Faris.
Speaker 1: Well Year, Fairest Beer's Day off.
Speaker 4: It's got to be late eighties, doesn't it. Eighty eight?
Speaker 8: No, it's earlier, I reckon. I'm gonna say eighty six.
Speaker 1: Oh perhaps your first one killing it heats he can miss out today, Patsy Fairest Buder's day off, noeen eighty six?
Speaker 3: All right, one final one.
Speaker 1: Harry Potter Rio, No, you're ya dressed like him as well?
Speaker 3: Is Show Your Star like on?
Speaker 1: Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone the first movie? Do you know by the way they're filming the TV show now?
Speaker 3: Yes, that is going to be huge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think two thousand and three.
Speaker 7: I'm going to say two thousand and five.
Speaker 3: Ria was close to two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: Oh no, wow, yeah, no real. What does that to make it twenty four years old? Oh my god, that's no that a am my math's off, Kaitlin. Is that twenty four years two thousand and one to now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it would be closer because I was born in ninety two and I'm thirty three, So if it was two thousand.
Speaker 1: And one, we're in twenty twenty five. It is twenty four years old. Harry Potter was twenty four years old. I remember reading the books actually before even became a dad, because the books were great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as many adults read the books when they came out as well. God, this makes you feel solid.
Speaker 1: Harry Potters came out twenty four years ago. In fact, no, that's just the movies. The books would have been earlier. It would have been like late nineties.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show gone podcast.
Speaker 1: Now talking about music and being young fans and indeed old fans. I've had a international disagreement with my mum. Oh now, I was talking about this the other day with all the exciting about Oaysis and they've been back together and it all starts in a week's time. On Friday, there was this amazing like a three minute video of that Adidas had made announcement they had done this unique collaboration with the band Oasis. The Gallagher brothers have always been dressed in Adidas gear since they first came on the scene, and so they've done this collaboration. They've obviously paid the band millions, made a great three minute video for it as well, which has gone viral around the world. And there were theyone else in that they were going to make, which is a great idea actual a lot of band merch is that good? We all buy it all right, but it isn't that good. So actually they had a great adare making band merch that is actually cool. And so Adidas have made this Oasis very exclusive range and it's sold out very quickly, within an hour obviously on Friday. There's such big demand at the moment, and what great timing before we get to go and see them. You can buy their merch right now. And so I was like, I've got to get my hands on some of this, and I see annoyingly you can't get it shipped Australia. You can't buy it in Australia. I download and Anidas app and I lie that I'm a resident of the UK, and I use my mummy's phone number and my mummy's address and I order my two Oasis Adidas Merchant items to go to my mum's address. Over the weekend, I forget to tell my mum it's coming, and then getting alert saying Royal Mail. That's what we call the post in the UK. The postal service is called the Royal Mail. As if you're using King Charles's personal swans to deliver this Oasis merchandise anyway, My mum sends me a message going thanks for the tops. I'm like, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 3: I'm calling mom going no, they ain't for you.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So a video called my mom and goes show me the top. She goes, oh my god, look at them and me it's a little bit heavy. Ah, my mum's got this awesome looking Yeah, tracksuit top. I mean, what is a seventy seven year old Nana doing rocking an Oasis Adida's tracksuits. She's the cool now. She got going to Bingo and Zomba in that. And I said, there's a there's the top, and then where's a T shirt? That's my boyfriend Bob.
Speaker 3: No, not you guys, it's for me. You don't even like Oasis.
Speaker 1: She goes, no, not really, but I just thought, oh, we must have thought we'd like this some Adidas much.
Speaker 5: The thought of those two strutting around English she was wearing it.
Speaker 1: I was finding it hard to laugh. My mom was going, oh, what a funny misunderstanding. You don't think where you're trying to have, what was it going to take on? You might distort the shape of it. It's costing a small fortune Buzzi to go, got a pay for the shipping.
Speaker 3: To get out of your dead hands into my hands.
Speaker 1: Here in Australia. Oh no, And I said, but you know I'm an Oasis fan.
Speaker 3: She guess, I just thought you outgrwel.
Speaker 1: That years, grow it, grow it the back, because I've heard it's been the newspapers.
Speaker 7: You were just competition on the shoulder to fly someone there.
Speaker 1: She goes, Oh, maybe they can pick it up. And we've never got tiny on the train for an hourf but you know we're sending out some chaperone, Josh the receptionist. If that doesn't if my mum doesn't send it to it, I'm not sure I'm getting a hold of it right now. Or though she was moaning it's a bit too heavy the track suit, Tooma says, the target audience is in seventy Nana's okay.
Speaker 4: It's fifty two year old men, exactly.
Speaker 1: Middle aged men hanging on to Way fourmer glories. And that's the phrase of what I thought you outgrew it by now you shouldn't ever outgrow those first loves for your bands now, So now I don't know if I'm getting a hold of it saying that.
Speaker 3: I kept saying you you've got my dress? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So no, no, you send him birthday card a couple of months ago. Go to that Royal Male post office. King Charles is sad one of his finest swans over here to Australia, so I might have to send Josh the receptionist. We he is over chaperone. In the two listeners Dave and his mate Suan that won the trip to London yesterday. He needs to go on a two hour train trip. And I know where the keys in. I know where the keys him. You have my permission to break into my lungs to get my oasis much give it back, mum.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell shot podcast.
Speaker 3: My whole inbox in the studio.
Speaker 1: It's just tips and hacks about toast sandwiches. I'm not a strong man. I'm real hungry. Right now, my stomach is like toasted sandwich. You've imagined it. The stomach juices are almost getting ready to You know, when you think about food, you start imagining and tasting it, salivating, And now my body is demanding the toasas sandwich materializes in the next hour. Can you get anywhere to order them? At this early in the morning, or they don't make them.
Speaker 3: Surely somewhere we need toasted sumitch. I don't think I can focus on god sugar logos.
Speaker 1: There's a sandwich.
Speaker 4: Press in the one here.
Speaker 1: I've seen. What we've got out there is like really old clangky peanut butter.
Speaker 3: There's been there years, and.
Speaker 5: People leave that toasting machine in the most horrendous it's disgusting.
Speaker 1: Notice that in the free is that it's a jar of camelized onion jam that's been there since the first week I started seven years ago. It can't be good, I reckon. That's where COVID came from. Super spreader. All right, on a Wednesday, it's the middle of the week, and I always imagine like Wednesday is like halftime, so you can look back on the week so far, I know, are you winning? And then you also we've got some measure of like I'm down, But then you can also look out for the rest of the week downhill into the weekend free winning Like it got time to get back out there and actually try and tick off a couple of things for me to do list, which is winning in an adult life, isn't it? It's all about what ad meant? Did you do this week? It's quite so hard when you ask I should show gratitude, like I'm grateful I got the dry cleaning pits up to I don't think that's what gratitude.
Speaker 3: I don't think eckar tolds about.
Speaker 4: The power of now it's nourishing the soul.
Speaker 1: So I want to start a new thing on a Wednesday where we actually all talk about halftime on a Wednesday middle of the week. Are you winning so far? Are you up or down? Two monster goals?
Speaker 3: This week?
Speaker 1: For me, I've been trying to get a refund from America and Company about some T shirts they ordered right Trying to get refunds internationally is hard work. Sometimes they accused me of lying that I didn't send them back. I did, but I couldn't you bother to get the tracking reference number? You know, and there's a big cue of people behind you in the post office. I was like, think of the other people.
Speaker 3: I don't need to know that it's going to get.
Speaker 1: There, isn't it. You've got the dress, We're all good. They were, have you got the tracking reference number? I was like no, And at one point I said.
Speaker 3: Why would I lie.
Speaker 1: You don't know me, but I am not the kind of person that would lie about sending T shirts back anyway. Five months, hid it, five months, given up on it by there. Five months. I wake up this morning. They've agreed to give me the reason.
Speaker 4: Oh well done.
Speaker 1: No one's ever said that to me. But thank you Rio for I feel so seen right now, true erin. It's glowing right now. So big girl with that one for me after five months. And the other one is my eighteen year old daughter, Lois, has moved back because it's the end of her first semester at university. She's back home for the next.
Speaker 3: Couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's so good.
Speaker 1: Yesterday I took her out for a drive to go and walk the dog, and she she didn't understand why we were driving so far away, uh, to go for a dog wats Because I was enjoying being in the car with her. She's gone, We're going a really long way forless dog walk. I didn't want to ruin it, saying I just enjoyed hanging out.
Speaker 3: With you, you know, And so we went for that.
Speaker 1: It was like a forty five minute drive before we even got to walk the dog.
Speaker 3: Even the dog was looking around like is going to keep driving? Wait? All we going to the Dane tree?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 1: Is he okays? OJ, he's gone for dad if he's going to keep going? And so yeah, having her back for a couple of weeks at home is great. How are what she's also brought is it's at least four foot high the mountain of Fuggy University washing frank Green drink bottles. Probably she's done a wretch right now, the hygiene standards that she's been living in. We made her a roast yesterday and she was almost emotional. She's going for the first of my life. I really appreciate food. I remember coming back, she's never said thank you. Once. She was like, I made a homemade curry on Monday night and again she was like, oh, this must have taken ages. Thank you so much. I was like, finally, you see your mum as not just silhouettes, just endossy churning out.
Speaker 3: Stuff for you. You actually appreciate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it takes effort and time and you appreciate, don't you appreciate? She said, YESTERD, I really really appreciate that. After the first time ever home cooked food.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, one.
Speaker 3: So perhaps you half time? Are you up or you down? How's your wee gone?
Speaker 7: I had to say drastically down.
Speaker 3: What's happened?
Speaker 8: Thanks to that horse of a dog we've got got woken up at one am this morning by him barking, which he doesn't normally bark. The only barks you know, if he barks, and the type of bark that we have to get up.
Speaker 3: There's something, there's something outside.
Speaker 8: I have different barks for different situations. So of course Chris got the elbow in the ribs in INNI and get up. The dog's barking one am, so it goes out and what it was. I ended up getting up as well because I was frightened that Audrey might get woken up by the barking. There was a possum running across our guttering at the back of the house.
Speaker 1: Oh, they make such annoyed with it, and then they often mating as well.
Speaker 7: Oh really is that what it was doing?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, I think it's rating season for the possible. Really it's a funny noise as well. Yeah yeah, yeah. I won't do it now because there might be young kids listening and they can't hear that kind of stuff on the radio. It's X rated. You know, we're not Radio gone Road. We're Radio gone cheese.
Speaker 8: Showing insane is just about climbing up the back of the back brick wall.
Speaker 1: They want to get out there and get that there possible, because to them is like an intruder.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, it was like, you know, a greyhound with a rabbit, but.
Speaker 3: You released that dog.
Speaker 1: That's flattening fences, that's taken out all possums in Australia. It's going on a bloodthirst.
Speaker 7: I'm standing out there.
Speaker 8: We're both out there in our pajamas and it's a cristy.
Speaker 7: Let it get the possum. I'm scared the possible get But.
Speaker 3: You too need a reality show? Yes, yes, yeah, seriously I would watch that real. Are you up or down?
Speaker 4: I'm up.
Speaker 5: I've pulled off a sort of month long relationship gambit that I've been working out for a while, So I would love to get away in July, just for a week, just somewhere hot.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, Will my partner has no leave, so a bit of a dilemma.
Speaker 3: Perfect Goby's I.
Speaker 4: Know, I know, that's all. That's the thing. Trying that's the play.
Speaker 5: And I recently went to Korea without Will for two weeks, so I haven't got a lot of.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 5: So what I did two weeks ago so it doesn't look suspicious now. I booked us a trip to Red Hill, actually saying it's a Lance Moore in the Red Hill for a little.
Speaker 1: Get away that looks very fancy there.
Speaker 5: And then I gave it two weeks before I brought up the idea of a possible solo holiday, knowing that that's already in the bank.
Speaker 1: Yes, you've put you created the parachute.
Speaker 4: Yes, he has. So last night he was in a great mood.
Speaker 5: I was just yes, that nice full belly, thinking maybe I just get away for a week.
Speaker 4: Get out of your hand.
Speaker 3: He's like, yeah, it's fine, I think when I do that.
Speaker 1: No, no, I can't. I feel bad and I have start sleeping number the stress and not just said about the blood. No, no, I feel so bad because I went to Korea and it's actually unfair to you. Yes, yeah, no, no, no you don't want to go?
Speaker 3: Are you sure you go? I can't?
Speaker 1: You got to do that comeback movie you otherwise they start to shut might be played here. Yeah, if you go, yeah, I ready books. Actually, then it all kicks.
Speaker 2: Off the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Update, because I know you care immensely about what's going on the team. Right now, toasty's have been ordered. Every team member is now snapped. You just had a look in my inbox. It's well, I can make a cookery book about people's toasty hacks and protocols.
Speaker 5: So many A text line as well, it's just toast.
Speaker 1: Christian Orber order Uber Eats from Macus for a toasty I'm delivering for them right now. Bill and weerrib. There's some bleash your Bill, but we ab here right now. That thing's getting soggy ass. Thank you, Bill, But no, I just need to give you an update about something I played yesterday on the show. We'll be doing a small Thing, Big Rage where we talk about the small things that drive you mad, and I played something I'm about to play again right now, and it was an argument I think many of us had sometimes when you're in the car and you're using your phone as you should do, which is hands free, and you're asking Siri to do the job that's actually been designed at millions to do, which is listen to your voice and call up someone in your phone contacts.
Speaker 3: And this was what I played out. Hey Siri, Hey Siri, here's work. Hey Siri, Siri, call Sarah wife.
Speaker 2: What do you want to say?
Speaker 3: Siri call Sarah wife, Donald Trump? Now Sarah wife.
Speaker 7: Sorry, I'm not a phone.
Speaker 1: So before I played that, obviously live on the show, I was doing a thing pro tip here called pre fading it, just to check that no swearing was going to go out, because I appreciate the responsibility we have with the radio show. What I didn't realize this was my phone is on silent at the back of the studio, so out of these very loud speakers we have in the studio, my phone was hearing, Hey Siri, call Sarah wife.
Speaker 3: I'm unaware of this, right.
Speaker 1: So get this, Patsy, my wife yesterday during your seven o'clock news, got not one, not two. Because I was just checking again parallel, Andy swear was going to go three phone calls from me. Siri was actually doing the job. I was yelling at it to do there. So my wife was picking up. But then she said, wish you could hear it was me doing the show the backup, Like I was like, a Siah just listened to this great break.
Speaker 3: You that time check off the back of hunters and collectors. Still got it, sweet heart, I still got it.
Speaker 1: And then she was like really worried because she was like, and I, what's going on? And then the phone went again again and she was like something happening. What she's really worried about?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 1: Then I found out that a lot of you, wherever you were listening, if you had a Sarah in your phone, your phone was going and calling Sarah's. I got a note from someone in Sydney who says he has a random Sarah on his phone. He doesn't even know who she is, but he started calling her yesterday on five past seven. Well that went out, So I just I just want to apologize to the National Confusion Course with Me with Siri all right?
Speaker 3: Coming up next in how is your week going so far? Text me?
Speaker 1: Are you a middle of the week on a Wednesday? Are you winning or losing so far? It's halftime on a Wednesday, Middle of the week. How's your week been so far? Are you winning or losing? Text and tell us on four seven five three one oh four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: It's the middle of the week Wednesday, it's a matches halftime. How has your week gone so far the first half? Are you up or down? Are you winning or losing? Christian, I'm winning the week so far. At halftime teaching myself how to use chat GPT and I'm getting so organized right now. It is amazing how this year, more and more and more friends of mine are all it is. It's honest, now, isn't it. It's gone from the start of the year. No one really talking about it. I was help with some friends at the weekend and everyone is using chat GPT, And now it feels like slightly old fashion when you go to.
Speaker 4: Google something, how old school?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're using this top loader for some information.
Speaker 1: Oh god, just churning out acas of stuff I'm supposed to click on and look at myself. I'll go to my friend four point zero version of Gemini co Pilot or Chat GPT to bespoke information for me. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I've started using it weirdly for it's called color matching, and you can take a photo of someone like do you use your face, and it'll tell you what fashion colors you should wear. So I should wear blues and whites and not yellows. So anyway, just something you ca I could have told you that, I mean straight eye for the gay kight. They could have said yellow went your color.
Speaker 3: I don't know whose.
Speaker 1: Color it is actually not even the soccer the Matilda is yes, yeah, Patsy.
Speaker 3: Do you use church?
Speaker 8: I do, and I'm trying to make a considered effort to use it more because I forget I kind of forget it's there because it's new, right, yes, yeah, so I'm still exploring this.
Speaker 3: But this is how we are now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, And they're saying that this is the sluggish most slowest it's going to be. I do worry though, what's it going to be over the next couple of years? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you remember when Ronan Keating came in.
Speaker 1: And Caitlin he was chat guest research and apparently used to be an Irish trade and he was just like scratched his head going and don't know about and that is how he talks normally. He just puts a different voice on radio interviews. Christian, I'm winning. I picked listener day for the win yesterday in the Oasis Grand Final. I thought it was great, amazingly well put together. I really enjoyed all to find this yesterday. What a great prize. I also came up with Jewish sleeper for the time waster, and apparently Rio said I.
Speaker 3: Was the winner.
Speaker 1: But I'm down because no one contacted me the show.
Speaker 4: Check your text, well.
Speaker 1: Check your text. We heard this before with the old They say to me, Oh, they should have had it.
Speaker 3: Might be in spam. There isn't one for texts.
Speaker 4: Sometimes there's multiple answers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that old one as well.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, Lee, I'm on this Christian. We are already winning the week. Our twelve year old daughter is home sick right now with influenzia.
Speaker 3: Great to get the.
Speaker 1: Full title of that. Why short of your text message in fluenzia? I want to take quite a long time to time that out. And it's flated own the count right now listening to your show, no wonder she's feeling a bit queasy.
Speaker 3: Her name is Meg. She loved to listening to the show.
Speaker 1: Could you please send her a get well soon listened Meg, I hope you're okay, and I'm actually going to send you a very special price. Meg team, this needs to be actually uber to their house this morning. All right, but before the end of the show.
Speaker 7: Any old chunk, Meg, I'm just going.
Speaker 1: To where I keep the special prizes.
Speaker 4: What about one of your pottery?
Speaker 7: Oh no, don't do that to her. What about a show mark? Have we got any left? Have we got left?
Speaker 1: The very last pair? It's only one. Actually, these were a very limited collaboration before Adidas stole my idea with Oasis. These were Christian O'Connell's shocks, socks that we came up with when I first started that. They're terrible and they're so thin as well. In fact, there's only one that we're going to send it to Meg. No use as a tissue or something that female true. Stay cool with the Christian O'Connell show. Meg, it is yours. No ironsists. Let's get some more messages help people doing Christian. I have a question for Patsy. Did she find the roomba vacuum? Oh?
Speaker 7: Yes I did? Eventually, yes I did. It was wedged under the couch, but at the back of the couch.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, sent cienzau. I hope that clears out up. I hate you to go to work to day concern Christian winning. I gave my fiftieth blood donation yesterday. Hats off you didn't put your name on. That's incredible. Good on you for doing that. Please encourage you any listeners to donate if they can. Great idea, Christian, I'm a trady winning the week so far. One of our workmates has just bought beef curry pies from Whitt'll See Bakery for.
Speaker 3: Everyone on the site today. What a generous thing to do. Kaylyn Priace. Kaylyn, you're winning or losing the week so far?
Speaker 6: Halftime, I'm absolutely winning. I was losing, but I'm winning now. So this weekend, I am going dress shopping for my wedding.
Speaker 1: Yes, how excited you?
Speaker 3: You a mom?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Mom, she's flying in from the forty years So she comes in on Friday and I booked a couple of shops, right. I get a message early in the week from one of the shops being like, we've only got two of these styles of dresses you want, And I'm like, oh my god, because you.
Speaker 1: Have to buy and you're going for that special one because of where you're from, so it's got it shows the back tattoos you've got.
Speaker 6: Yeah, act I am looking for a backlist.
Speaker 1: Because you get that eagle tattoos so that when he flex the doubts, it really shows that eagle flapping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Gold Coast eagle as you call it.
Speaker 1: You do know, you do. I know you don't like to on the radio. It's a massive one of Queensland. Queensland forever.
Speaker 3: Classy.
Speaker 1: So what does make sure you take plenty of photos of you and your mum doing this because you cherish those memories.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's really really exciting. But this woman said, I've only got two styles and I didn't like either, so I've had to cancel.
Speaker 1: But you have to book months in monch in advance.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you see in advance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I've looked on another website that I was kind.
Speaker 1: Of really into past his chatchypt. She doesn't how to use it, and I.
Speaker 6: Was so lucky they had an open spot that they didn't have before that I booked immediately.
Speaker 1: You don't even want to know why they've said you got an opening someone's got cold for you, or the wedding they had a cancelation.
Speaker 3: Ain't for good reasons, or maybe it is. We don't know. In the fullness of a life of somebody.
Speaker 2: Oh no, but.
Speaker 6: Yes, I've ben the spot and so great, really really great, and you know.
Speaker 1: What the kind of thing you're going for? Yes, yeah, we've got like little pinterists mood board. Yes I do.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, how amazing.
Speaker 6: I just I don't like the might be listening, so I'm thinking like high neck right, but then it dropped back, but very simple, very basically what you do?
Speaker 1: What do we do it for? Shoulders?
Speaker 6: So cover a little bit of the art, but not a full cover.
Speaker 1: No, And again you got those big old arm tattoos you wren't out as well, you know, mum dad on each arm and that looks good. You know when you do the full gun show down the definitely.
Speaker 6: I am bogan, but I have not got anything.
Speaker 3: Happy to shout your mum and.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell shower on podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, it's Wednesday and on the Christian O'Connell show, we love your stories of coincidence and ANSWER's time for what are the odds? I believe it or not? What are the odds? You gotta be justhing me.
Speaker 5: Like, were you a Cheryl who married a hun who works weird?
Speaker 2: The Cheryl.
Speaker 4: Who married a hun?
Speaker 1: As well? Every Wednesday we love hearing your stories of coincidence or chance. On thirteen fifty five, twenty two stood up for grabs. You can claim it till the next twenty minutes one thousand dollars for our instant cooler of the week, Christian Believe it or not? Hang on a minute, see what you did that? Diane nicely played Christian believe it or not. When I was about five, we used to drive to my grandmother's house a few burbs away. As the lights near her street, I'd always spot kids playing on a seesaw out the front of a house and think.
Speaker 3: How lucky ally I wish that was me.
Speaker 1: Years later, I was telling my husband and his sister's about this house I used to see with his seesaw and how jealous I felt as a kid.
Speaker 3: They looked at me and said, wait, that was our house.
Speaker 1: Turns out the kids I used to watch was my husband and his siblings.
Speaker 3: The seesaw was built by my now father in law.
Speaker 1: So there I was, at five years of age, unknowingly watching my future husband play.
Speaker 5: Wow, and did she ever get that ride on the sea saw that she covered?
Speaker 1: And excuse me, she married that ride? That's a lovely one there from Diane.
Speaker 3: Also Sea Sawce. Don't see them a lot these days. Kids. That's sad they're on the grams.
Speaker 1: Is so sad. Bringing back we should have Seesaw Week next week. Let's buy some Sea Sawce. There must be dirt cheap right now and give one away to a family.
Speaker 3: Let's bring it back.
Speaker 1: They saw It's Seesaw Week on the show, Christian. On my drive to work yesterday morning, I saw three different dogorn owners walking beagles. Normal, but each of these beagles was a leg down, just hop along on three legs. This was across three different suburbs, so very random. When I got to work, I had to google. Is it common for beagles to lose a leg?
Speaker 3: It is not.
Speaker 1: By the way, three three legged beagles yesterday morning. What are the three legged Triumvira odds? That is incredible, the number of the Trinity Rio You have a mold.
Speaker 3: What are the odds?
Speaker 4: You know what I now have.
Speaker 5: I'm going to bump that up because I've got a lot of the yards related to the hobbling of the last email.
Speaker 1: You're joking and one legged person in the street.
Speaker 5: In a way, Yes, the NBA Finals have just finished. There were three players in the playoffs that had the number zero on their back. All three players snapped their achilles during the playoffs, and I guess hobbling like a three legged beagle.
Speaker 1: And at the end of that unnecessary add to the break there, I believe, I believe it he went there. Okay, well, we were already going somewhere. And can I just say something. You've got to watch your inputs in life. And I think maybe you're listening too much of Patsy this week, don't You're careful you're the some of the people you say, And that's a real motley bunch around here. All right, give us a call. Now, let's reset and breathe. End scene thirteen fifty five twenty two. What are the odds We didn't need that one?
Speaker 3: Rio?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Time Waste are coming up in fifteen minutes time, right now? What are the odds?
Speaker 3: Christian? Why is it even called a sea saw?
Speaker 1: Great question, you're right, because it's not like it's a noises and see I saw it doesn't make that noise. But tell you what, we had a seesaw growing up. My two girls had sea saws. How was there fun back in the day? On that sea saw and also if you had a younger sister, and I bet I'm not the only older brother that did some of this.
Speaker 3: Give nothing where you used to really get real down out.
Speaker 1: Really like you know, you're squatting and show up doing anything. Oh the fun, the fun on a seesaw. We need to do Seesaw week on the show next week. You don't see kids playing on anymore dying? All right, so what are the odds? Let's get a liner now. Good morning, Lila, Good morning, Hey Liana, a great name. Okay, so welcome to the show. And what's your story of coincidence for us?
Speaker 9: Well, whilst he's talking about the three legged dogs, we just saw a dog. We'll be with her.
Speaker 3: You are kidding, You've got to be kidding me.
Speaker 1: Wow, what is it about Melbourne three legger dogs?
Speaker 3: Melbournian's look after those dog legs? They should have four, Patsy.
Speaker 1: You need to get investigat on the news. It's happening now. And Lila, where was this on the way to school this morning? Yeah? Well, thank you so much for was it a beagle or a different type of dog?
Speaker 10: I was a different type of dogs all right?
Speaker 1: Yes, st All good Lila, thank you very much for this live report. Thank you have a great dir at school. Thank you, thank you now, Penny, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning Christian and team.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 3: All right, So what are the Penny odds?
Speaker 9: Okay, so my daughter met a man online.
Speaker 2: It's COVID.
Speaker 9: We then eventually organized to meet the in laws.
Speaker 11: And this further of the young gentlemen.
Speaker 9: Had actually been at my wedding and had held my daughter as a baby.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're going to say he's three legged, and I was going, what the he's stealing beagle legs?
Speaker 3: And passed him off of his own? Who is this sick?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Why would you do that? Sir? But no, that wasn't the story. I was getting there.
Speaker 1: That a story for It's still good.
Speaker 3: Wow we Penny. What are the odds?
Speaker 1: Is she still with this guy?
Speaker 4: He is?
Speaker 11: They are happily married, and Tony and I share a beer every few weeks when we all get together.
Speaker 1: Oh lovely, just a one beer. You've got four straws, two families, one beer. You got it, all right, Penn, thank you very much. Let's go, so, thank you, thank you, Tania.
Speaker 2: Good morning morning, Christian.
Speaker 11: What are the odds?
Speaker 3: What are the odds, I believe it or not believe it.
Speaker 11: So I organized a show for friends down in Melbourne. Three friends, they didn't really know each other, and we're on the train down and one of them started talking about this pub in Melbourne that they used to go to they loved it, and the other one said, oh, we used to go that pub all the time. We love it too. First friend said, oh, we used to live in the court behind it, and my other friends said, I lived in that court. And first friend said, oh, we lived in the units down the end, number eight whatever court, And the second friend said I lived.
Speaker 9: In those units.
Speaker 11: And then the first friend said, oh, we lived in the back unit number eight or whatever, and my second friend said I lived in that unit too.
Speaker 3: Oh my, what are the unit? We were like, what, oh is unit going on?
Speaker 4: What they have?
Speaker 11: Not only did they both live in the same suburb, they both lived in the same court, the same units, but they've lived in the same unit. And then they were talking about the unit. Are you walking blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Coverage you put that door used to rattling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So apparently.
Speaker 11: The second friend had moved in after the first friend moved out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Otherwise, it's awkward if you're moving in and there's someone still living in that unit. You know, you can get what are you doing here? I've moved out yet?
Speaker 11: Oh okay, yeah, And like we were all from a Juco, so we didn't even know that lived in nowb.
Speaker 1: No, No, you don't have units in a chuka, you know. So it's a brave new words. Oh you they have units here in the Big Smoke Chanya lovely story, Thank you very much, No Worries thirteen fifty five, twenty two.
Speaker 3: The odd Lines are open.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Today's Time Wasted coming up in five minutes. Time is sleepy celebrities, hobby movies that was yesterday? Wouldn't it just a flashback? Yes?
Speaker 3: Say what are the odds? It's a different one to can't stand my way out of it? Damn it.
Speaker 1: Christian, Please do not do Seasaw Week. You can't silence me. Too hot for radio. It must happen. It is on radio's hottest feature, the one they tried to stop. Seasaw Week. It will give me night mess.
Speaker 3: I've still got stitches on my head when I fell off a sea saw. We can get sea sawce stories.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's a mouthful to say, sea.
Speaker 1: Saw stories on the sea shore. Christian, I'm winning this week. My husband had heart surgery and discovering so well. I've gone back to week, gone back to work a week early. Leanne, congratulations to you and your husband. That's incredible.
Speaker 3: Christian.
Speaker 1: It was my sister's funeral on Monday, and to honor her last wish, I reconnected with my brother and sister after thirty years. Wow, you really are a winner. What a lovely way to honor her, which is in her memory as well. Beautiful message. Thank you very much. All right, last few stories then for what are the odds right now? Kate, welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Thank you all right, Kate.
Speaker 3: What's your story for us?
Speaker 9: So my story is my initials are KAA and I was born at seven forty seven pm. I recently went to buy a new car. He's walking around a lot and I came across a car that had the red Joe plates, AAK seven four seven. I bought the car. It was quite uncanny, but I just had to buy it. It was a great car. It had number of plates and I've now got a great new car.
Speaker 1: Your win, win, win, isn't it. It's close enough. It is literally the car is speaking to you. This is your car.
Speaker 9: It was made for me.
Speaker 1: Postalized, retro without after pay over the odds story true.
Speaker 3: I'm going to call this story mystic plates.
Speaker 1: Good to know it down, sleepy celebrities that me. Okay, thank you very much, the story mate, have a good day, and one last one, Alistair, Good morning, Welcome to the showmate.
Speaker 10: Good morning.
Speaker 3: What are the odds? What are the.
Speaker 1: Odds looking forward to hearing your story? The team has said it's a great one if you go.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 10: My wife's originally from Scotland and her grandfather practically raised her. He passed away unfortunately in twenty eighteen. His name was Jordie, and we got married in twenty nineteen and standing at the altar of the vineyard, a random dog walked up the aisle, walked straight to me. I bent down to let it sniff me, and when I checked the tag, its name was Jordie.
Speaker 1: Oh my godness.
Speaker 10: Everyone just went silent and just was like wow, and walked down the aisle and left, and no one knows who dog was.
Speaker 1: What an incredible moment for you all.
Speaker 10: Yeah, It's like approval from him because I never met him.
Speaker 3: Yes, in dog form, but it doesn't matter. The blessing us there.
Speaker 1: What a gorgeous story, Alistair, thank you so much for calling us up and sharing that today as well, on a special day for you and your wife as well.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Have a great day, Thanks you, sleepy celebrities.
Speaker 1: Was yesterday?
Speaker 3: Okay, stop messaging me.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell shar gone podcasts.
Speaker 1: All the definitions of origin on the word seesaw coming now, I reckon it comes from a French word.
Speaker 3: What's he sir? This way?
Speaker 1: That way? I think it's more likely that yeah, at the top you see, have a little looksie up there at the bottom. I was up there where you were. It was pretty good. Actually, actually i'll tell you what I saw now. I'm back up there now I'm seeing you're soaring past tense, previous tens, anywhere you get it. Time wait today once more, two hundred and fifty dollars for our lucky win and spend at Cogan Cogan dot COM's end of financially Yourself is on now coguan dot com clicking awesome today we're looking for your As I said, just now we're looking for your hobby movies. How will you define a hobby? Oh, it's gonna be pertinent. How we mark them?
Speaker 4: Something you something you do that's so real, narrow, and it's not.
Speaker 1: What about if you've got a mental hobby, like it's one you do in the mind, an activity, psychic card reading.
Speaker 8: Something for fun. It's not a job as such. You don't get like financial benefit from it necessarily.
Speaker 3: It's just a hobby. Actually can be a side hustle.
Speaker 1: It can be say I made match stick cars for young kids. Yes, and they were so good people start to offer to buy them all for me.
Speaker 4: Then I think you're in the world of business.
Speaker 1: My brain.
Speaker 3: The wh just founded a business.
Speaker 1: I can't do whatsoever. Oh my god, the self founders do it.
Speaker 3: Top Trending hobbies of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Okay, blacksmith ory, it's not trending.
Speaker 3: What you're going to go and buy an anvil?
Speaker 1: Where are you going? I actually follow down Bunnings to get and get my great big anvil and a forge.
Speaker 5: I follow a blacksmith on Instagram me too. I can't remember his name, but he's very attractive.
Speaker 7: The Scottish guy.
Speaker 1: Hang on, we know why we know why you're doing it first, because they have a big old forearms. If you're a blacksmith, they got like forearms.
Speaker 7: Like he shoes horses. Is that the correct term? Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's quite interesting.
Speaker 3: Watching birding. Then that's my hobby. You know.
Speaker 1: I saw baby cooker bro the other day watching it for a few minutes.
Speaker 5: Scrap booking, child scrap bookings.
Speaker 1: My wife books an evening course a couple months ago to go scrap Sadly I forgot to remind her and time passed.
Speaker 3: Who's it? Natural evolution? Wine tasting?
Speaker 4: That is that hobby?
Speaker 3: What am I called that?
Speaker 1: Bean drinking? Anyway? It's a hobby, Sarah? Back off? And swordsmanship? Who is doing this? Who's out there swordsmanshipping it? All right?
Speaker 4: So alright he got you do want me to do mine?
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to do yours. Okay, okay, Rio, why don't you tell me you're the hobby movies?
Speaker 5: We've got Harry pottery, Oh yes, yes, silver the scrap book you just snorted at.
Speaker 4: Silver men do it like Beckham?
Speaker 1: I had that as well. Gold of course, and full knittered jacket.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good as well.
Speaker 1: That's gold okay, open, quilter okay, silver, sculpt fiction gold, Oh brother where martial art? Though he might be into Kung fil on a Sunday, I am point bake, silver, hungerboard games, ride.
Speaker 3: Lady.
Speaker 1: There's the reason why I was asking how you would define a hobby. Get this one over the loaf, lady in the trampoline?
Speaker 4: Is something you do?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not paid?
Speaker 1: Silver? Okay? All right?
Speaker 3: What have you got?
Speaker 1: Then? We're looking for your hobby movies texting me in oh four seventy five, O three one O four three.
Speaker 2: Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show, Best and showing the time wait today, two hunture and fifty dollars to spend at cogan dot com. We're looking for your hobby movies real Are you ready to mark? I'm ready?
Speaker 5: And a hobby is something that's pleasurable to do?
Speaker 1: Are they know on those texts? Specific?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No? What about knitting a hill?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Very good, so much pleasure, Thank you, Amy. Throw Macarmery from the train from Silver Lorn of the Dead Silvers. I love this. Throw Mama from the model train from Josh Very good. Donny Lapo crochet Bear eleven year old Jacob. This is his hobby. The Hills have iPads gold as well, Jacob, and they got worried then about levy of what they find pleasurable. Josh Knitch ah Bronze, Starskin, hutchmaking silver, Who know what I did last summer? A hobby, sil my left footy card collection is great, Murder on the Orienteering Express And finally Wayne's word or Who's winning today?
Speaker 4: Read that's really good. I gotta go crochet.
Speaker 1: Beer though, Okay, I think there was you Nathan in Ballarat. Well done. We're back tomorrow. We'll have the name game. Thank you very much for joining us. Take care, have a great day.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast