Speaker 1: Hello, my name's Santasha Nabananga Bamblet. I'm a proud or the Order KERNI Whoaltbury and a waddery woman. And before we get started on She's on the Money podcast, I would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land of which this podcast is recorded on a wondery country, acknowledging the elders, the ancestors and the next generation coming through as this podcast is about connecting, empowering, knowledge sharing and the storytelling of you to make a difference for today and lasting impact for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: She's on the Money, She's on the Money.
Speaker 4: Hello, and welcome to She's on the moneydcast. The belief's financial freedom doesn't always wear a blazer and have a corner office. Today we're diving into money power and the kind of jobs that make people uncomfortable and what it actually looks like to run a seriously profitable business that challenges everything we've been taught about what success should look like. I'm Victoria Devine and today we are talking about how women are building wealth in ways that the world doesn't always respect but should. And to have that discussion, I have a very special guest with me. She's one of the most financially strategic women I've spoken to, and she's done it in an industry most people don't even know how to talk about. You might know her as blue Eyed Kayla Jade. She's a full service worker OnlyFans creator and viral TikTok star who's built a business that's part content, part client work, part investment strategy, and one hundred.
Speaker 2: Percent on her own terms.
Speaker 4: She has racked up millions of us, made tens of thousands in a single day, and built more wealth and stronger boundaries than most people twice her age. And today she's joining me on the show.
Speaker 2: And she's told us she's not going to hold back. Hey, welcome to this show.
Speaker 5: That was an introduction.
Speaker 4: We do try a lot, like I don't want to like read the bio that Google gives me, like thank you, I could never but welcome to the show. I'm so excited And I just feel like this is one Like I love your content too, Like talking about money is so important, especially around like women and wealth creation. Like in twenty twenty five, I feel like women have the opportunity to take the power back absolutely and I love making men feel uncomfortable about that. We always get on our show, our money diarists to rate their money habits to our audience. Okay, and I was keen to know if you would one rate yourself. So before we get into it, if I asked you to give your money habits a grade from A through to F, what grade would you give yourself? So like A being good, Yeah, A being good, F being you.
Speaker 2: Feel like you dropout?
Speaker 5: I would probably give myself a C.
Speaker 2: Ooh a C.
Speaker 4: I want to know more about that, because, I mean, you've been very open about how you earn money and how good.
Speaker 2: You are at it. So I'm like, hold on, how does someone who own so much?
Speaker 5: Well, I guess when I first started in the industry, I was a little bit more reckless with my spending.
Speaker 2: I mean, make hay while the sun's shining.
Speaker 5: It was like, I mean, I came from a very like humble beginning. Like where I grew up, there wasn't much wealth around, like no one had a mansion, There was no boats or anything. So I wasn't really used to having money, like I would live paycheck to paycheck, And so when I started on only fans the money started raking in and I was spending it as I was making it pretty much like I remember one time I went to the States and I got an airbnb and it was for like ten days, and I spent like twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: On the airbnb, just the airbnb. I mean in the US, that is probably very easy to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it was in like West Hollywood, and like, I feel like people have this idea of what Hollywood is like, but really it's pretty it's a pretty dark place. It's not the like vibe that you think it is, So.
Speaker 2: We're not moving to Hollywood anytime soon.
Speaker 5: It was also like I'm pretty sure it was like the middle of winter, like it was freezing. And usually in like La, it's like even in the winter time it's hot, but for some reason, the week that I came, it was just freezing. So I couldn't use the pool, like the jiqz wouldn't heat up.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, no, I couldn't use anything brand And You're like.
Speaker 2: Not even wasted all this money?
Speaker 5: And I feel like that was the turning point where I was like, why am I spending this amount of money? Like yes, I knew that, Like I was going over there to do collabs and stuff, so I knew I wouldn't make it back, but like I could pocket that money and not spend the twenty.
Speaker 2: Grand on that wasn't worth it.
Speaker 5: It wasn't worth it. It didn't look anything like the photos. That is, I could like see the layer of grime like throughout the whole place that would send some shit happened in.
Speaker 2: That place, for sure, Someone's been cooking in here.
Speaker 5: But yeah, so yeah, the starter was like I was pretty bad, and I guess there came a turning point where I was kind of like, I don't want to do this forever and I'm putting all this stuff out there online. Let's try and make as much as I can and try and be a bit smarter so I can save like for the future.
Speaker 4: I love this, and we'll get into that because obviously this is a money podcast.
Speaker 5: Man and Manet.
Speaker 4: But I feel like a lot of people probably know the online version of you, the person that you choose to share with the internet.
Speaker 2: But I'm super curious, who were you before all of this started?
Speaker 4: What was life like before you started only fans and became Loui Kayla Ja.
Speaker 5: Well, so I grew up in New Zealand, a small town in New Zealand, and I moved to Australia when I was about nineteen. I started personal training. I was like teaching boxing classes and I was getting up at like five am and like being around people that I wasn't really like vibing with. I was working at a surf shop as well. Like I had no money. I was literally living paycheck to paycheck, Like I had this shitty car and like the bump had fallen off, so like I just like I couldn't afford to like get.
Speaker 2: Effected or you can with duct tape though.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, so I just like I put it up. I duct taped it and it was like that. And so I literally bought a new car with only fans, and I would like rotate the duct tape, like when it started looking a bit gross, I was like, oh yeah, fresh codd duc tape. I was like, she's looking pristine, she is chic. Yeah yeah. So that was like my sort of before only fans. And then when I sort of I just saw all these women making a shit ton of money yep. And and I've always sort of been the one that was like interested in sex work, like I was never like I never saw it as a bad thing. Like obviously my family was like not fully into.
Speaker 4: It, which I feel like is a generational thing as well, like you kind of go, okay, that makes sense that they're against it. Was that always like or is that something that was like a really big no no and you were like, Oh, I'm going to do it.
Speaker 2: You'll see how good I I am at it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I think it just it was something that wasn't really talked about, like in my town, like you would only hear like the bad stuff, Like I think my mom thought, like you know, like doing only fans now was like nineties porn vibes, like you know, just like I mean like like dark and dingy and like the women get treated like really cly and like but it's the complete opposite now, like in a lot of circumstance obviously not every circumstance, but a lot of the time, Like the women have most of the power now and.
Speaker 4: I love seeing that, Like I love that women have taken back. Yeah power in porn literally to go. Actually, if you guys want this, pay totally, and you know what, pay me well, because otherwise I'm not going to do it.
Speaker 5: You're like you need me, Like I'm sorry, but like.
Speaker 4: And if you don't want to pay me, that's fine, go away. But like I think that it's changing the narrative and setting the tone for women to not accept less and like I'm not saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess I'm just sort of I've always been the type of person like, if I'm going to do something, I'm going to do it. Like what is it like, don't ask for permission, like ask for forgiveness. Like I've always been like, if you don't like it, I don't care. I'm going to do it anyway. Like I saw a big opportunity and I was like, I think I can make some money with this, and yeah, I just I'm pretty much delve straight into it.
Speaker 4: It's not for everybody, and I don't course community going off Victoria's telling us to get into sex work because we can earn heaps of money.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 4: But I also like that we're having open, honest conversations, so if people are interested in it, we aren't shunning it or saying no, it's not for you. If you don't want to do it, that's fine, Oh totally. Like I've said before, that's just not for me, and that is absolutely fine, but I respect it.
Speaker 2: I literally tell everything about it.
Speaker 5: Like I literally tell everyone that I meet, don't get into this industry. If someone asks me for advice, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, Nope, don't do it. That's my story.
Speaker 5: Like there's too many downsides. Yeah, And I feel like a lot of people don't talk about that online. Like they see like there's glamorous industry. They see all this money, and like you know, they just think, oh wow, I want to do that too. But really, like there's so many downsides to it as well.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent.
Speaker 4: So when you got into only fans, you're like, oh, I'm going to bite the bullet.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give it a crap. How did that go?
Speaker 4: Like the first few weeks of you doing it, were you just posting content online because you could post stuff to OnlyFans, but they don't push it for you.
Speaker 2: You've got to do all of your own marketing. You've got to do all your in promotion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all of our digital media. I randomly started on Reddit, Like I was just posting on Reddit forums being like I.
Speaker 2: Like they started on Reddit. So you're like a little bit of a nerd back.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, I was in these like kink groups, and I feel like I got a lot of like interesting customers through Reddit yeah good yeah, which like some have like been there since day one, like they just have not left.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But also like, okay, that's a very good business strategy. You're like, I'm going to go where they are.
Speaker 5: Well, like I wasn't, Like I was sort of like scared to post on Instagram and stuff for a while, Like and I started with zero followers, Like I had nothing like you going back in three years then.
Speaker 4: Wasn't an influencer, You didn't need maths or anything to start create on.
Speaker 5: The slidest I started from zero and like but straight away like and don't get me wrong, like I was hustling, like I was like putting in the work, but it did pretty well from me from the get go.
Speaker 2: Just from the get go you were like yeah.
Speaker 5: But then I feel like it was like all about timing. Like I feel like if I started that now, if I started from zero fos now, I wouldn't have had the same run as I did like three years ago.
Speaker 2: It's like me and podcasting, like people are often asking for advice around, well, how do I start a podcast, and I'm like, honestly, at this point, I don't know, because the market has changed. There's so much changeation so quickly.
Speaker 4: Algorithms don't work in the same way that they used to push content. Like I wish I had advice, but I mean, I I can tell you what Mike's to buy and how to set it up and how to do a good story and all of that, but I think the world changes and it would be the exact same in your world.
Speaker 5: Completely exact same, like oversaturated. And then everyone in the full service sex industry as well says like it's not the same as it used to be, Like I don't know if that's something that everyone says, but like the elders sort of say that, and then I say that now and like you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like socially, yeah, totally.
Speaker 4: And one of the things you mentioned before is that you know, the money started coming hard and fast, which is honestly so exciting. So you're making really good money on OnlyFans. How are we spending it? Tell us about those like purchases initially, because I feel like any girl coming into a heap of money you didn't come from money. Yeah, it's exciting and overwhelming and you're probably not sure what to do, but also probably should buy a designer bag or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: See, I came from like like I said, I came from like a small town. Like I wasn't really interested in the like designer like I had not like I knew like Gucci, but like I didn't really know about designer brands. I mean, I've got a few now, but when I first started, I wasn't really interested in that. But it was more so just like anything would come up, I'll be like, yeah, sure, why not, like I got the money, like just not consciously thinking like hey, like I should be saving it. And I guess at the start, I was in the mindset of like I was thinking, like it's not going to run out, and with only fans, it's very like it dips and flows, like you know, one month you could make you know, a few hundred thousand, and the next month like it could be. It all depends on your social media like.
Speaker 4: And what's pushing and what's trending and how many people are joining. Because they think that a lot of people don't genuinely understand how only fans work, or they've never been exposed to it in that way, and a lot of women are interested, but like they're not your customer, they're not engaging on your platforms. So the way only fans is, yes, you have subscribers, but then they buy additional content once they're inside your subscription platform, and.
Speaker 2: That's often where most of the money comes from.
Speaker 4: And so that's what we're talking about when it ebbs and flows, because I think a lot of people go, but didn't you just get more subscribers and aren't they a monthly subscription and yeah, like but they come and they go, but then the real money, let's bedside.
Speaker 5: The platform and you just have to get the eyes on you. So when I first started, I was like I'm just going to go full like because I'm not going to put all out there and like not make any money. Like I was like determined to. So I was like traveling around the world and like collabing with like different people in the space, like big creators, and you know, I was working with people that like I idolized, and I was like, wow, like I'm in this pace, like it's crazy, and just yeah, getting on other people's social media pages was just the biggest thing. Really. I was also going like live every night on like TikTok were you. I haven't recorded those because I don't want those coming back so cringing.
Speaker 2: But that's okay, we've all got to be cringey.
Speaker 5: Oh hey, it was getting them in, Like it was just you know what, I didn't even judge yourself. I just saw a loophole and I was like, yes, this is working. I'm doing this every night, and that's how I sort of built that up. Like they'll call subscribers.
Speaker 4: So when you started only fans, obviously there was a lot of draw cards. You said, I was interested in the sex industry to begin with, but then also like I wanted to make money and I did. Were you approaching that as a business to begin with or were you like you were.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, I was lucky to like have some good people around me that were like, hey, like you need to make sure you get these people around you, otherwise you're going to get yourself in trouble. So straight away, yeah, I got a really good accountant, a financial advisor, and I feel like that was the biggest step for me to be like, Okay, I can't spend this amount of money because I got to pay a shit ton of tacks.
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed.
Speaker 4: So you had a financial advisor and accountant.
Speaker 5: Accountant first, and then once you get some cash, you need to go see a financial advisor.
Speaker 2: Yes, one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: And I think that it's so funny because people aren't talking about this side of the sex industry. Like one of my biggest types of clients when I was a financial advisor was women doing only fans and we're not talking like, oh, they've got like two or three hundred bucks a month to invest, Like a lot of my clients were making bank Like I think my biggest client at the time and you probably know her, was making like four hundred and fifty thousand USD a month and we were investing most of that. And it was just so exciting to see that if her entire OnlyFans had been deleted the next day, she would have been wealthy for life, Like she was set for life. And I was obsessed, Like it just made me so excited to know that these women because a lot of people ask the question, well, what are you going to do when only fans falls down or when that.
Speaker 5: Doesn't work or because not like I'm making minim wage, Like as long as you're like, this is what I stress to girls, like please save your money, yeah, because your health can go at any time. Anything can happen, and if you can't make money, then like what are you going to do? And a lot of the time when you go into the sex industry, it's harder to get other job prespects like you've got, like it stays on your record in a way that you've been a sex worker. Like I couldn't just start being a lawyer, Like.
Speaker 4: I mean you could, I would hire you, like if you start a degree.
Speaker 5: Queen, very like, Yeah. I remember a friends who like she worked at a law firm and she did like the bare minimum for like a year, like ten years ago, and they came up and she got canned. Like they are just so like so mediate, the.
Speaker 2: Middle aged white men making decisions.
Speaker 5: We've come so far in the last like one hundred years in the sex industry, but there's still so much stigma behind it.
Speaker 2: Which is really disappointing.
Speaker 4: And why these conversations are so important to have around money and taking our power back and women creating wealth. I just always find it so funny that those industries are propped up by the same men who are buying the content. It's always under present sir, like you're the reason why she did it, Like she took advantage of you and now you're mad about it.
Speaker 5: I've seen everyone in the sex space. I've seen politicians. I've seen celebrities literally.
Speaker 2: Every Oh you've seen politicians. That's true. One, that's an interesting one.
Speaker 4: We won't continue that conversation, no, but like you know what, keep perpetuating that. I am trying to also get them on my podcast, so we won't go down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know there's been a lot of stuff going on with that lately, like with politicians going on podcasts and yeah, using a bit of drama.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm here for it.
Speaker 4: Though, I think, like obviously complete tangent, but like I love watching politics.
Speaker 2: It's so dramatic. Me too, Like it's like watching the Real Housewives.
Speaker 5: I love watching American like Australian politics. I'm like not as interested.
Speaker 4: But like American politics, honestly, train wreck love watching that.
Speaker 2: Make it a reality TV show.
Speaker 5: Well pretty much is. It's just like some of the stuff.
Speaker 2: Coming up in Australian politics recently though AUSTRALI.
Speaker 5: Ly exactly please stop.
Speaker 2: But also can I watch anyway, I want to know.
Speaker 4: More about you and more about your finance life. Right, So it sounds like you were pretty set up, which we love to see. Yeah, what's your personal cash flow system? Like are you budgeting? Are you organizing your cash into buckets?
Speaker 2: Like how are you managing that? And do you have an emergency fund? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I definitely do. Like I just try and save as much money as possible, like every little thing that goes into my account, Like I kind of sort of make it out like I'm frugal in a way, but like obviously I still have like the money to spend if I want to treat myself, but most of it is going into like emergency fund savings. Everything you're investing, Yes, well I've invested in property, so I love that. I find I wish I was more of like a like grind mindset guru like in the stock market.
Speaker 2: But I can help.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was gonna say, like maybe I can learn.
Speaker 2: I can help you.
Speaker 4: It's so easy, like you and I can set you up, like obviously you've got a financial advisor, but we can do some baby stuff on the side, and then if you're really comfy with that, you can take it to your financial advisor and go like, I've been doing this, can you scale it a bit more because I'm finally comfy with it, Like yes, because it's so imp Like, don't get me wrong, I'm going to go off on a tangent. Oh, property is fantastic, and I mean I own a mortgage broking business, like that is what I live and breathe every single day.
Speaker 5: Like incredible love, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: But on the flip side, having a diverse investment portfolio, making sure you've got property and shares, like it's not as scary as people think it is, and like it's a slippery slope, Like you get a little bit obsessed with it. You're like, I'm making money while they sleep, and I mean you've already probably are, let's be honest, only fans ticks along. But like when that's not there, your share portfolio can literally take over from that. And my favorite thing is there's no oh the hot water system's broken, there's no chasing up tenants like they're perfect little tenants making you work in the share market.
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed. Anyway, it's incredible.
Speaker 4: Let's take a really quick break because when we come back I want to talk about your big money goals, cash counting, cultural double standards, and the reality of building a business that people.
Speaker 5: Love to judge.
Speaker 2: You don't want to miss it.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, we are back and before the break we were talking about Kayla's day to day money habits. But I'm going to zoom out a little bit, because when you're building something that is this bold, it's not just about the weekly budget. It's actually about the big picture, the long game, and what financial freedom really looks like when you are calling the shots. So, Kayler, what are your big money goals right now? Like, what are you currently working towards.
Speaker 2: Is there a big dream?
Speaker 5: Yes, well, investing in enough property that it just makes passive income for when like I retire, so that can keep ticking along and I don't have to make content anymore because I definitely don't want to be like fifty years old, still making OnlyFans content and being a sex worker.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 4: And then as a part of that, is there like a dream life You're like, okay, cool, Like one day I want to retire and have a property in the mountains.
Speaker 5: I definitely want to have a lot of lands and have animals, have enough space for my cats because right now my house is like it's nice, like it's like on the water and you know, got to pull and stuff, but like it's very like like small, and like I just want to expand and like get a big property.
Speaker 4: And just like what type of pets are we talking? Because I'm an animal person. My dog is in the studio, as you know every single time I record. She's not a little sidekick. I have two cats. So if I was allowed and my husband let me, my entire house would become a zoo.
Speaker 2: But that is apparently not allowed. What would you do?
Speaker 5: Well, I've got three cats, and I'm constantly looking for cats, Like it's a problem. It's becoming like.
Speaker 2: Not a problem. If you're looking after them, you're giving them.
Speaker 5: Are absolutely my little babies, Like they've got so much personality, Like I love them so much. But if I was on a property, I'd definitely get like chickens. I would love to have some chickens.
Speaker 4: You did not see the internet more cats.
Speaker 5: I love dogs as well.
Speaker 2: But you need a dog that acts like a cat. I reckon, Yeah, like this is right, yeah, yeah, Like she.
Speaker 4: Doesn't have a dog bed because she just sleeps on the couch. Back to money, what made you choose property as the asset class that you ended up going all in on. Like you said before, I am not only in the share market. I want a property portfolio. That is going to mean that I don't have to work another day in my life.
Speaker 2: But where did you get that comfort in property?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I guess for me, I always thought like that was the safe option. Like it was always like drilled into me to like get a house, to get a property. So for me, I was like, yes, this is safe in a way, Like I'm scared of this dog market, Like I'm like, I'm worried that I'm going to make some stupid mistake and like.
Speaker 2: That for you, I'm going to fix that. I'm going to make you say no, I'm going to fix that, Like I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: But like, yeah, I've always felt like that's like the shining.
Speaker 2: I've got you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, So it's just like my goals right now is just like saving to buy more property.
Speaker 2: I love that. Yeah, I love that so much.
Speaker 4: And being really pervy obviously do not give out addresses or even locations, But do you have a type of property that you like? Are we buying like apartments, are we buying like standalones?
Speaker 5: Like yes, townhouses like something like I don't want to you know, apart from the one that I'm living in. They're not like crazy expensive like you know, I feel like if you buy a mansion life straight up, like you're not going to be able to buy any more houses after that. Yeah. So I didn't go silly like right up front, like I started small and hopefully eventually I'll get bigger and bigger and then eventually get my mansion in the country.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: So are you getting And this is just me being so pervy? So you just tell me Victoria advice stop that.
Speaker 2: Are you getting advice when you're purchasing property like or are you just researching it yourself?
Speaker 5: Or if you're getting advice, yeah, Like I have a team which pretty much like do everything for me, like I could not do it by myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're tessed.
Speaker 4: I was like, how are you doing this because no, no, no, like are we doing it the way that I would do it?
Speaker 2: Which is that way?
Speaker 4: Or It's an interesting conundrum because when you are making as much money as you make, it is a different world when it comes to purchasing property because you know, it's very different than getting your first home buyer into their first property.
Speaker 5: Yes, well, it's like any small business. It's much harder to buy a house as a small business owner, like you need to obviously have their savings and have that like you know, two years of being in a business, like showing that you're able to you know, expand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and talk to me about being someone who works in the sex industry and getting loans. There is this massive stigma there is about getting loans as a sex worker. There is how was your process of getting your loans?
Speaker 5: I like didn't have any issues actually, And I was so scared to like buy my face because of this, because of the stigma behind it. But it's yeah, it's basically like any other business. Like as long as you you pay your taxes and you're getting that regular incoming or showing you're getting that income and you're not wasting your money, like, you'll.
Speaker 2: Get a loan one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: I feel like girls are so scared to like go in, but it's like, no, if you're being smart about it.
Speaker 4: Like I've done a lot of loans for a lot of people working in the sex industry. I think it's because I have a full female team and like, yeah, you're just girls girls Like I love that, but I think it is so interesting the stigma that comes. They go like, I really want to talk to you about this, but I just don't know if I'll ever be able to get into property because I do this, and I just go hold on, Like, you've got a thriving small business, A bank is gonna love.
Speaker 5: Honestly, they don't. They don't care what you do. They just want money. They're not going to exactly, they're not gonna not give up getting money.
Speaker 2: Like they do not care.
Speaker 4: And in fact, I think because of this stigma, you've probably gone a lot more serious than a lot of small business owners. And like on the podcast, I use the example of a candle shop a lot, right if you started your first candleshop, Like you're, you know, doing the books, You're doing this and doing that, but often you're not keeping the books as clean as someone in the sex industry because they're often so worried about audits. Like you're probably like, oh my god, going into this, I need to be so squeaky clean because I'm all over social media. I'm this I'm that like your books are probably if I looked through them so clean. A bank froths that. A bank is like step this way, Kayla. How much did you want to borrow?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Honestly, if I didn't have that team at the start, it would be a shit show. Yeah no.
Speaker 4: But but if someone's listening to this and they are doing sex work and it is a shit show, you can clean it up.
Speaker 5: Oh absolutely. Don't ever feel like it's too late. Like it took me like a good few months before I was like, actually, like, let's do it. And I know for some girls like it's taken them longer. And it's like you can go back and you can go through everything and it's not as daunting as it seems.
Speaker 2: Totally.
Speaker 4: Now, you went pretty viral pretty quickly with your cash counting videos, and I found them so into not gonna lie. One of them had what eleven million views or something ridiculous, which is very cool. But then you stepped back from it. Talk to me about why.
Speaker 5: I guess like at the start, I was kind of just like, you know, I didn't think it would blow up to where it was today. So now being such a bigger creator, I had to be more mindful about the stuff that I was posting, because I feel like, like I talk a lot about the downsides on my page, but a lot of the time we're scrolling on TikTok, like you'd just see one video and like not really, you know, go into all the other videos. So I was just thinking, like if like a young person is scrolling there and they would see that video and be like, oh my gosh, she makes so much money and she does this, like I want to do it too, and then they don't really see like what I had to do to get that money, do you know what I mean? So it just kind of like it got to a point where I was doing them and I was like, actually, I don't feel comfortable doing this anymore. So that's when I sort of stopped that, Like I stopped just cold turkey. I was like, sorry, guys, I'm not doing this anymore, because like there's just so many downsides of this industry, and it's a very unsafe industry, Like you're meeting up with literal strangers if you're in full service, so anything could happen. And because I had that prior experience, I felt like I was well equipped to get into full service sex work. But if someone was like fresh eighteen and they started, like if I was fresh eighteen, and so I would have got myself into some literally really shit situation, literally you know.
Speaker 2: And you do see it happen, because I think happens just the time.
Speaker 4: We want the best for ourselves, right like, and that's often why we're getting into industries like this, because we're like, okay, cool, my current situation is not that, and I want to change my life. I want wealth, I want to be successful, and I can see that I might resonate with that.
Speaker 2: I might be really good at that.
Speaker 4: And like you said before, you know, I thought that sex work was always really interesting, like cool, you might fall into it without taking into consideration the negative sides. So did you go from being an only fans creator to then full service sex work or was it the other way round?
Speaker 5: It was only fans to full service sex work, like I had little sprinkles in like throughout my only fans like career. But I started full service sex work like full time, probably like a year and a half ago, like ye're actually not that long.
Speaker 4: Acast, my gosh, I genuinely would have thought it would have been the other way around that you were like, okay, cool, because you do see a lot of sex workers go I can't do this because it's so physically demanding. I want to go and do only fans as kind of like a way to still make money while alleviating the physicality of it.
Speaker 5: Well, the reason why I started it because like I had made so much money through only fans and it was like at a point where I was like, I feel like I've exhausted every avenue. Well, like not so much, but like I kind of got over like collabing with people and things like that. I wanted to sort of like slow down on that, and I was like, but I still.
Speaker 2: Want to make for this.
Speaker 5: I shared a ton of money, and like I had a lot of friends who were full service sex workers and they make so much bank So I was like, I feel like I can do it. And because like I sort of had that online presence before, I felt like like it was really easy for me to like start getting clients and I would.
Speaker 4: Have been able to demand a fee that you were very comfortable with because you weren't just entering the market and trying to prove yourself. You were like, well, actually I am blue Eye Kayla Jade from here. If you want to come and have this service, you can eat X.
Speaker 5: Yeah. My fees were very high from the get go, and a lot of people were like like how are you charging that?
Speaker 4: Like but I think people didn't believe it either. Yeah, they were like, no, you don't. It's like I think I.
Speaker 5: Really do and I think it was a good way for Like I've had sex works come up to me being like thank you for like because a lot of the time, like people in the sex industry will cheapen themselves, like you know, you're like you're worth so much, You're stunning, Like you should be charging like top dollar, like people.
Speaker 2: Will pay for it, yeah, one hundred.
Speaker 5: Like if they want to see you, they'll pay for it. So yeah, I never back down on that, like charging high. I was like, look, if you.
Speaker 2: Want to see me, like, this is how much it's going to cost.
Speaker 4: Otherwise I hate do cats at home and I'm very happy to stay with them. I love that for you talk to me a little bit more about where we think we're at culturally, because a lot of women are dominating the online space right now. They have huge followings, viral content, and some serious income coming in from only fans. But what do you think that says about society at the moment. What do you think that says about where the world is at culturally when it comes to sex work.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think it's a great thing that women are taking power and the a lot of them are earning more money than men these days.
Speaker 2: We love to see it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's incredible. It's definitely changed so much, even from when I first started only fans to now, like, so much has changed.
Speaker 2: No, I love it.
Speaker 4: You mentioned before that you went into full service sex work and it is very dangerous, and I think it is important that we do like reiterate that point. We're not saying, oh, this is really easy money, we're just privileged. Actually's on the money for you to have said, I'll come on the show, I'll talk to you about this stuff. It's not because we want to like push people down the route of becoming sex workers unless they're interested, in which case, hopefully this has been a productive conversation for you. But I want to know more about the safety aspect of it, because obviously that is something that you would have had to take incredibly seriously. Yes, what steps have you been taking to protect yourself when it comes to separating yourself and then your online personality and your business from your loved ones, Like I feel like sex work becomes very crossed over right because of the stigma. It becomes your personality in a way, or people assume it is your personality. How are you separating that out? How are you staying safe?
Speaker 5: I mean, there's a lot of ways to keep yourself safe, and I think the biggest one would be obviously getting like a work phone and having that separate to your personal phone. Just trying to basically make a character, you know, change your name, change your number, like keep that separate because I think, like, especially when I first started, like OnlyFans, like, I wasn't as aware of that stuff. So like when I'm originally like made my social media accounts, like I put my personal number and so my like so my Instagram was just getting shown too, like all my family, which was amazing.
Speaker 4: You were I'm not sure how to tell my family I'm doing sex work.
Speaker 5: And then finding out like like what like.
Speaker 4: Because to them as a push notification on there pretty much.
Speaker 5: So yeah, there were things like that. When I first started that I was just like I wish I did that differently, And I cannot stress enough like, if you are wanting to get into this industry, please like talk to someone that, oh the industry, think of all the cons of it because it could potentially affect the rest of your life. And yeah, finding someone who knows those safety protocols, and I guess just like being very clear of your boundaries from the get go. You know, there's certain things that sex workers do to keep themselves safe, especially like when they're meeting up with a client, you have to tell me, I can't it's code. It's code, you know, like just to keep people safe. We don't want like creep like finding out our little like things that we do.
Speaker 4: But there's also if you're going to get into sex work, that's why you're saying, talk to someone in the industry because they can let you in on what we should do. Right, It shouldn't be on a podcast if it's.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, there's certain things to like check, like, you know, things like getting their idea as well and scanning that scanning their numbers. There's lots of things that you can do. And also I've never like I don't go to I know a lot of else do this, but I've been fortunate enough not to like go to outcolls. Yes, because if you're going to people's houses and things like that, I feel like something bad is more likely gonna happen in those situations. Whereas I always make sure like I'm at a hotel. I never do it at my house at like don't ever give anyone your address, Like make sure you're at a hotel, so that like when I go down and I meet the client, like there's people around, they see us together, they cameras see us, they see us go up together. So there's just certain things like that that will like protect you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent. We won't get too much into that, but it's so important to cross check all of that.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, and just research as much as you can before starting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, one hundred percent. All right, We're coming close.
Speaker 2: To the end of the episode, and I wish we had so much longer to chat, but I need to know a few hard and fast ones.
Speaker 4: What's the wildest thing someone has offered to pay for? And did you take it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: I think that, like I charge most for his backdoor, and that's like fifteen thousand dollars for half an hour, So it's probably like the most that I've made.
Speaker 2: For half an hour. Yes, oh good, So.
Speaker 5: That's probably the most I've made in like a short session. And I get some crazy requests.
Speaker 4: What about the most amount of money you've made in a day?
Speaker 5: Probably about thirty thousand dollars thirty.
Speaker 2: Grand in a day? Yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Was that from like one person engaging you? Or was that like you've liked mine too?
Speaker 2: That was two?
Speaker 4: How good and wildest request not financial that you've been Like, what the hell are you asking for?
Speaker 5: Is this sex? We go on? OnlyFans or bar?
Speaker 2: You can pick, you can share whatever you're most comfortable.
Speaker 5: We had some crazy requests, like obviously, like me, pegging men is very interesting.
Speaker 2: I mean, if they're into it. But also that's not that uncommon.
Speaker 5: I mean it's kind of nice seeing a man on all fours not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: And I mean it makes really great Peggy Souit content. So like I mean they're helping you in a way, Yes, thanks so much.
Speaker 5: Like honestly, I could talk all.
Speaker 4: Day about you do want your socials and people can follow you there. I want to know just before we go, what's a really common misconception about sex work or about only Fans creators that makes you really angry or makes you really mad.
Speaker 5: I think actually money related one would be I feel like a lot of people like they see these creators online and they're like, oh my god, like I can make so much money doing this, when in reality, I think I read somewhere they're like, majority of only Fans creators make less the minimum wage they do and what she makes sane there.
Speaker 4: So the stats are that only Fans creators most of them are making like less than one thousand dollars in total, not per month, not per week, just in total. Because they often join try really hard, it doesn't work because I think a lot of them don't realize the strategy.
Speaker 2: The business need to be organization.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you need to be help resume, market yourself off, and treat it like your business, like you've got to put in the work to get there. Like literally, only the top like one percent like make money Like it's insane.
Speaker 2: And it's nice that you're sitting up there.
Speaker 5: I like the good part of you.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: One of the cool things about this story is people are going to go, oh my gosh, she's so fun.
Speaker 2: I love her. Conversations.
Speaker 4: I love her stories and that is a really good thing because you're about to launch a podcasts. Yeah right, so tell me about that. Tell me about like what we're going to learn from that, what you're going to share, and what it's called, all of it, because I know now that people have gotten to have this conversation with you, they're like, why is it ending?
Speaker 5: Yeah, doesn't have to. So my podcast is called story Time with Kayla Jaide, and it's going to be like a very uncensored version of my TikTok. So I'm going to tell a lot of stories that I've never told on TikTok before. There's only so much you can say on TikTok, and I have to be very careful with what your language or your words, So I'll say things like, oh, you know, this is client and this is like sort of what our interaction was like, but this would be like deep into the law of it all.
Speaker 4: I'm obsessed, Like people are gonna love this, but Kayla, I'm a mum, Like I have a one year old. I can't listen to that in the.
Speaker 2: Car like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, keep it, like be careful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like he's already started to pick up words that I use and I've already started grow. Oh my goodness, Like I probably shouldn't swear at home anymore, Like that's not going.
Speaker 2: To be car appropriate.
Speaker 4: But maybe once I've done the daycare drop off, I could listen to that on my way into work. Where else can we find you? We obviously mentioned TikTok and Instagram, Like if we want to follow along, what are the best handles to find you on?
Speaker 5: Yeah, TikTok and Instagram are my main one, Like blue Eye Kayla Jade on my TikTok and then Storytime with Kayla Jade on Spotify and YouTube. I'm got to be my new plug.
Speaker 4: Kayla Jade, thank you so much for joining me and for being honestly so open about your story, your business and all of the strategy that in behind the scenes, because I think people just assume, oh, it's just only fans you just chuck up a few photos, and that is not the case at all. There's so much nuance to it.
Speaker 2: This conversation is exactly the kind of thing we need to have more of.
Speaker 5: Oh definitely, I love that we're like talking more and being more open about you know, money and stuff, because I feel like at school, like it just it's not something that you really learn or like, you know, I sort of had to find a way of learning how to manage my money.
Speaker 2: So and you do love that there's done it with us.
Speaker 5: Out there now, like that you guys talk about it, which is incredible.
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed.
Speaker 4: I feel like this conversation has been really honest and really nuanced. But also it's a reminder that wealth it doesn't just come from having a salary or going and getting a job. It actually comes from you thinking about your priorities and what you're interested in and then backing yourself to do that. And it doesn't matter what industry you're in, whether you want to start a candle business or you want to go into full service sex work. Like, the important thing here is that you're backing yourself and believing that you are capable of.
Speaker 5: That absolutely and believing yourself go with your gut. No, don't let people pressure you to do anything you know exactly.
Speaker 4: So if you loved this chat, please make sure that you are following She's on the Money wherever you get your podcasts, Hit subscribe, leave us a review, and share this one with a friend who needs to hear it.
Speaker 2: And if you've got a guest that you would love us to.
Speaker 4: Interview next, drop their name in the comments and I'll see you on Friday. If I shared on She's on the Money is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances. She's on the Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or financial decision. If you do choose to buy a financial product, read the PDS TMD and obtain appropriate financial.
Speaker 2: Advice tailored towards your needs.
Speaker 4: Victoria Divine and She's on the Money are authorized presentatives of money. Sheirper P T Y L t D A b N three two one six four nine two seven seven zero eight a F s L four five one two eight nine