Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: By the end of the today's show, one thousand dollars will be given away for Call of the Week. It hasn't gone this week, which is great news for you because you could be winning it to you the next half an hour on nine four one four, one oh four three early this morning, when we're doing double thumbs up, and Jack was saying, now him and his wife the anchor of I've got a peloton now and and I've got one, and I was saying, how when my wife first had a go on the penoton, right, I've had it for a couple of months, and I was saying, you should try it. But I think with cyclings of that some exercises like cults, aren't they people?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I see the clogs and I'm not sure if I can be bothered with the fat So anyway, using those sort of cleats that's called those clipping clipout shoes, they're actually the first couple of times you use them, they're actually really hard to use. It's so awkward. You see people falling over on bikes when they're using them for the first time. Out the old middle aged men in their like that. I remember once been a traffic lights. There was some fattl knack at the back of his pack. They just taken off right. They were like about Akhad. This poor guy who was up and then puffings immediately looked like you could shine new bike. And I remember looking at him. He sort of nodded at me and he just fell fell over on to the grass version. I got up the car right and he was stuck on with his class. I hate this hoppy. I never took that bike out again.
Speaker 1: Mate.
Speaker 2: There was the Peloton When I called it, they've taken off down Beach Road without you. So anyway, my wife got stuck on the Peloton bike. She couldn't get off it. She called me and once to nod to get off the Peloton bike. So this moer look and feel stories about what have you got stuck on? Or in nine four one four one o four three give us a call. You could be winning one thousand dollars your stories about where you got stuck on.
Speaker 1: Or in Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, so we're talking today about stories about being stuck Garth.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Hey, Christian, are getting here young?
Speaker 2: We're good girth. That's cool on the show. So your story about being stuck, it was.
Speaker 1: Actually my old man. He's had a bad back for a lot of a lot of his years now, and he decided to buy himself an inverting machine. I don't know where he've got it off eBay or something, I guess, And it's like.
Speaker 2: It's like a board. You you lie back on it and then you pull a lever and it flips you upside down.
Speaker 1: No, well, he hasn't got to leave this thing. You just sort of back yourself up to strap your angles in and if you set it up right and get your weights sort of all balanced right, you just lift your arms up in the air and it flips you upside down and then.
Speaker 2: Sounds absolutely terrifying. I think sexy Lands some one of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe that's where he got it from. I'm not sure, but he was single at the time, so I don't know what he was doing with it. But yeah, so he's got it out in his garage. You lived by himself at the time, like I said, and sort of emptied his pockets, so he did nothing. It fell out of his pockets, strapped his ankles in and lifted his arms up.
Speaker 2: Okay, possibly go wrong with this. We're all here in this. We know.
Speaker 1: I think you've always could guess what happened next. He sort of flipped upside down pretty aggressively and sort of stuck in his garage, hanging from his ankles. He's a phone, phone was in sight but out of reach. You're sort of sitting there thinking his two sons sort of don't visit him that often, so he could.
Speaker 2: Be there, wait till next Tuesday Sundays.
Speaker 1: Surely by Father's Day that will come visit himself Christmas. Yeah, Eventually he sort of have to hang in there for a good half an hour or so.
Speaker 2: He sort of rushing into his head as well, starting.
Speaker 1: To feeling a bit faint. Sort of survival mode kicked in and he started failing his arms around and sort of doing upside down sit ups, trying to flip himself back up the right way and extreme crumb. I wish he had cameras in his house back then. It would have been a good video to share on YouTube actually, but yeah, eventually thought of managed to bloody get himself right up the right way and grab under the a fray and slip himself up and then gave me a call and told me that he could have died and no one would have found him.
Speaker 2: He should have been signed up by late. I think it's part of the application process, So strap you into one of those.
Speaker 1: Try I try and get him to try and get him to call me more regularly in the house. I know he's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did it help his back?
Speaker 1: He reconsents one of the best things ever for he.
Speaker 2: I can't recommend it highly enough.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure he's got a partner living with him the house. I hope hopefully she sort of keeps an eye on him when he's there.
Speaker 2: When he's there, the only reason he's got that lady there a spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, he's definitely an advocate for it now. But yeah, you get it set up right first place, or have someone there with you.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, Garth, it's such a great story. You really really made us laugh. We're going to give you an instant one thousand dollars you you are our caller of the week.
Speaker 1: Fantastic guys. I'm getting in the work hard back there. I'm going to be late, so at least I'll have an excuse.
Speaker 2: Well, there you go, tell me just one one thousand dollars. Well done, mate, it's such a funny story. Thank you very much. A shantance with us, Garth and have a lovely weekends. Love the show all right, thank you very much. Cool the week thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrick. There that was goth The Tax Time Sales event is on now at Mercedes Benz Berrick. Oh, let's time for my donner on gold. What are the odds? Pretty poor?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast