Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime, You've just killed Annie Lotte.
Speaker 3: Oh so that's what was in his budgie smokelers.
Speaker 4: She really is the goat of the boats.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Show one, one hundred and sixty.
Speaker 6: Seven Christian O'Connell Show. As we start the show at the Games in Paris, in the four x two hundred meters women's relay, the women are about to go into Le pol. We're watching it on the screen right now, fingers crossed. If they win gold and a corn to rio they win, they will win gold. We have four vacuums to give away. Oh the excitement, so much resting on it. Morning Patsy, morning, Good morning Jack. How are you guys, and how are you you are? Day fifteen in your athletic endeavors at the moment in seventy five hard?
Speaker 3: That's right, yesterday was day one of three. I'm going so what I've got sixty days left of two workouts a day, and.
Speaker 6: Even in your voice, it's at broke six got two months seven days a week.
Speaker 3: Honestly a couple of hard days because Bianc has been sick, Gordy's been sick and trying to fit all of these challenges into each day as well.
Speaker 6: So lot so Jackson. And two, So is your wife's still doing her two workouts a day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's doing, and she's sick. She can you can do the bare minion you can do is forty five minute walk, or she's doing on the exercise bike a low impact ride. So she's doing those two. Over the last three days, she's done both of that.
Speaker 6: That's incredible when you're well for flipping water.
Speaker 3: But he said, the guy who made the challenge, you can't take one day off or else you just have to start the whole thing again.
Speaker 6: Right, So you're both committed and so you look knaked that you came in and I was like, bloody hell. Sometimes, you know, sometimes working out everything in moderation. Actually, like a guy's hung over the working out.
Speaker 3: I think it was three or four days ago that I said, it's actually giving me more energy, yes, and that has sort.
Speaker 2: Of gone away by the end of the week for a bit. You just need like a rest day, thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, there's no resting. It's seven days a week, so today, tomorrow, yeah, Sunday six weeks ahead of more times, one hundred and twenty more workhouts.
Speaker 3: And you can do this when I do it again next year, I invite us all to take part.
Speaker 6: Sorry, couldn't he breaking up on subscribe? I mean it's I hope you do it.
Speaker 3: You won't, really, And now that we're in it and committed to it, I really hope we're.
Speaker 6: Going to do the Only thing this will stop is if you get physically injured.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, but then like if so, if you no.
Speaker 6: No, no, something happens to your leg. Yeah, just me, I throw myself down the stairs. So that is a shame. On day half, I just tripped and well but I was willing to do it. But if you get interested, the.
Speaker 3: Leg injury would make it tough. You can't do forty five minutes of bicep curls, No, you can't.
Speaker 6: All right? So where are what reo? Do you know what lap they are? Who's who's in the pool at the moment.
Speaker 7: We'd we're still in the first let sorry, just started the second league. Halfway through, almost halfway through the entire race. We're ahead by half a body length. But we still got our big swimmers to come Titmas and O'Callahan.
Speaker 3: So wait, we are. We're in front of the world record line at the moment.
Speaker 7: We're gonna win. I'm telling you, don't even you don't even have to bother watching. We're gonna win.
Speaker 6: Rio, don't Chinkxi man, Come on.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 6: Podcast Christian O'Connell's show. All eyes are on Channel nine. The game's in Paris, in the pool right now, it's just the last swimmers.
Speaker 3: This is the last swimmer, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Swimming for gold. Australia in the lead at the moment.
Speaker 3: Only just I would like a little bit more terrible.
Speaker 7: It's a lot closer than I both thought and comfortable.
Speaker 6: Is this the last final lap?
Speaker 3: She'll hit the wall and go back and back again.
Speaker 6: There's just so much swimming to do, isn't there? Yeah? Yeah, one lap is so well done, guys and girls, But it's so much swimming.
Speaker 3: Kayla Decky yesterday when she finished the fifteen hundredmainder now owns the top twenty of times in that women's event. You're probably one of the only people who want to do it. It's sold.
Speaker 6: Sometimes I think mid race against half a moment of an epiphany in enlightenment, Like, what's the point.
Speaker 3: There's other things I could be doing the fifteen hundred pool.
Speaker 6: Or just anything with anything other than swimming and all the training they have to do. That's what I love seeing the mums and dads, you know, and they're up cheering on their their daughters in the pool and you know in their faces, like how many thousands of early morning drive somewhere to different competitions and the gardas and all the training. Jack was saying yesterday, how you saw some of the training footage of the Lost Couple is for Jess Fox.
Speaker 4: We see the two goals and we think, well, she's.
Speaker 6: Just this is what she's so good?
Speaker 3: You think her parents were in the same sports. I guess she just did it a bit when she was young. Bianc was flicking through her Instagram and the amount of training, the gym sessions she's.
Speaker 6: Putting in the late night, forty five minute walks around the block.
Speaker 3: I think we're coming into the end of the race here, we're way ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah, two body legs gold. That is incredible, what a dominant win. Well done. Honestly, the women are so amazing in the pool, aren't they.
Speaker 3: So was that Timmus in the last leg that just end up smashing it for us. They don't say I can't see.
Speaker 6: They just have that thing where it says leader. It's just that we don't know. We know that person's leading. You're not helping whatsoever. Put a name on it was when I first saw her, I thought it was an American called Leader. Decade, such an American power, American name be the Leader.
Speaker 1: Christian connell's show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian O'Connell's show. Heading to the end of week one for our goldeon. Every time Team Australia win gold at the Games in powers, you win big prizes. That's the Ian s and Wash cleaning up the gold medals with Ian S and Bosh. Now, because the the women of just one gold in the relay, the four by two hundred meters. For the team events, we don't just give away one prize, we give away four. So today up for grabs to the next half an hour or so. Four vacuums. And these aren't These are not any vacuums. These are the gold standard of vacuums. We're talking Bosh unlimited. There's no limits on this one.
Speaker 3: Well, eventually the battery is no no, no, that's not it's.
Speaker 6: Actually what they call the eternal vacuums. You will die before this thing pass on to future generations, and they will allow your eternal That's why Bosh Unlimited seven is. Normally you'd have to have seven other vacuums to be as powerful as this. It smashes seven other vacuums up and crunches it into this one pro animal red rechargeable vacuum cleaner. We have four these to give away. Now, these are great prices, but you should know that this will involve you going outdoors for the next half an hour because it's so fresh out there today. It said gorgeous sunny Friday morning. All right, So we're gonna give the locations too. Four payphones, you know those real grubby things, the old COVID super Britus. You don't just get the vacuum. You're gonna earn the vacuum. Okay, you're gonna go and put some gloves on and get some ditol. Touch one of those monkey payphones. We are gonna give the location of four payphones. First person that called us from the four payphones, you each get a vacuum, all right.
Speaker 8: Ah mad at fun trying a cold God had to find coins to call their team.
Speaker 7: I hope they can.
Speaker 9: Pick up so that I pick up one of four vacuum cleaners.
Speaker 6: Well done. He didn't say that yesterday during that at break, that's where he was.
Speaker 3: You were, but you didn't want to sing any better than yesterday.
Speaker 6: He went back in character. That sucks more than these powerful, powerful vacuums unlimited sues. All right, here are the locations of four separate payphones. They are north, south, east west. Why don't we go out west first of all, Patsy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this one's really easy. It's the old Historical Society building.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, it's probably.
Speaker 10: Iconic building of Werriby and just up from our multi level massive hotel there we do have a skyscraper. It's on the corner of Duncan's Road and Watton's Street, across the road from Hawking Stewart the real estate diagonally opposite station.
Speaker 6: They get it so easy.
Speaker 3: What phone booth is hard to get to? There's not like one on top of Mount Kosos.
Speaker 6: Unless you've got one just next to you. Bet they're all going to involve you either get you're either in the car right now, nearby.
Speaker 3: They're all at street left, so Duncan's Road.
Speaker 10: Duncan's and Duncan's Road and Watton Street right opposite station place.
Speaker 2: Locals will know exactly.
Speaker 6: Where it is. What about outsiders, Oh, well, you're not locally.
Speaker 4: I don't know Duncan's Road to you.
Speaker 11: Or the skyscraper bird Khalifa that goes up to seven meters Jackie boy, where's your payphone?
Speaker 3: All right? This is representing the north and lights of through traffic on this road, Heidelberg Road in Alphington at the Alphington Post Office.
Speaker 6: And as the King of the South, I award this payphone. Three hundred and ten High Road, three hundred and ten High Road. If you know the area, if you.
Speaker 4: Are a local, it's opposite Hellenic House.
Speaker 6: That wonderful Greek place.
Speaker 3: Wow, the Elfinton one is across from Ilios, the Greek restaurant.
Speaker 2: Oh, when I've got a Greek run in station place too.
Speaker 6: Greek friends wherever payphones are? They pick up someone delicious humos and then they go and make a phone call to a friend back in Athens. Three hundred and ten High Road. If you go put if you see the Karate studio. You've gone too far.
Speaker 3: Turn around unless you're coming from the other way.
Speaker 6: If you're coming of from the pane and you pass the Karate studio on you're right. Carry on the payphones on the left outside Hyatt Library.
Speaker 7: And in the east in Wonga Park sixty eight Jumping Creek Road, the corner of Jumping Creek Road and Corner Road, just outside the IgA Express and across the road from Samsai Thai Restaurant.
Speaker 3: Where's the nearest Greek restaurant? I don't have that information, just the Thai restaurant.
Speaker 6: Just something realist. This is a lot of information to give people. Really the first half an hour, isn't It's even overloading me? Like which pyphone would I go to?
Speaker 3: I guess you know what general area. So if you're near that area, go to your local ones.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 3: So if they're they're near Alphington where they go to, go to the Alphington Post Office right out the front of the Alfington Post Office.
Speaker 6: I'm out west. Where do I go, pats?
Speaker 10: Yeah, at the Werribee Historical Society and it's on like the Duncan's road side the phone box.
Speaker 6: You're so easy, Yeah, So easy. I'm there now Hello, And if you're in the sow Hyatt three hundred and ten High Road, there's a paying phone outside the library rio.
Speaker 7: Outside the IgA Express and Liquor on Jumping Creek Road in Wonga Park.
Speaker 6: All right now the number you need to call us, I forgot to give you that bit. It could be my supporting.
Speaker 1: Thing, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 6: So right at the start of the show at the Games in Paris, another gold medal for the relay race for Patsy's right, the Golden girls in the pool four by two hundred meters. So we're doing the gold of on every time Team Australia wing gold. You win prizes thanks to Ian S and Bosh. Now when it's a team thing, there's four of them, so there are four prices and it's these Bosh vacuum cleaners. So we've just read out the location about nine minutes ago. Four separate payphones in the North, South, East and West. People are out them already.
Speaker 8: I'm at a pay bunge trying a cold gold. Had to bind coins to call the team hope they can.
Speaker 9: Pick up, so that i'd pick up one.
Speaker 8: Of four vacuum cleaners.
Speaker 6: Someone actually emailed me years ago and is real happy in his job. Because the man in that does not sound that he's living a field life.
Speaker 4: I am something.
Speaker 6: Do you I need to have a coffee with them next week?
Speaker 12: Are you happy?
Speaker 3: Because you don't care about rhyming anymore? Which used to be the bare minimum.
Speaker 6: He's actually phoning it in the payphone in the worst kind of phoning in. So the location is full of four golden payphones in the south High three hundred and ten Highat Road Jackie Boy in the north.
Speaker 3: In the north outside the Alphington post office on Huddleburg Road.
Speaker 6: Where the in brads are.
Speaker 10: Out west, sorry, yes, out west from the corner of Dungcan's Road and Martton Street.
Speaker 7: Rio out east sixty eight Jumping Creep Road, corner of Dudley Roadwonga Park.
Speaker 6: All right, let's speak to Andrew right now, find out where he is.
Speaker 4: Andrew, Good morning, Where are you?
Speaker 13: Yeah? I'm in high right all right?
Speaker 6: Andrew? So are you?
Speaker 4: Are you on the payphone at three hundred and ten High Roads?
Speaker 7: Now I'm watching the guard that's on the phone.
Speaker 6: So someone's making corner? Is it someone calling me? Let's find out who's online?
Speaker 11: Too is Yes, he'll call you there.
Speaker 6: All right, okay, Edward, let's go to Edward. Now, who's actually in the payphone? So Edward, hello Christian, you are the winner. Well done, Edward.
Speaker 4: Can you see Andrew?
Speaker 6: I can't say anyone. I'll yeah this commiserations. He's the runner up. You were the first one there. There's a queue out of the payphone in high.
Speaker 11: I'm get the phone phone box me by Christian o'donald beanie.
Speaker 6: On, gotcha Donald.
Speaker 4: I don't know who he is, but yeah, it's exciting scenes.
Speaker 6: They were heart this morning half Live. It's outside the library for the first time. I get the feeling. And Edward, well done, buddy. You've wont a brand new Bosh vacuum. Thank you, well done. Tough luck to Andrew. All right, so take that one off. Hyatt Road is done? Where do we go? Now? We go out west. We've got to wear a bee. Where we've got Sharon? Good morning, Good morning Sharon. Where about sorry you were that Duncan road?
Speaker 1: Yes, yep, sure a.
Speaker 6: Wown Patsy Sweeyors. You are local there, yep.
Speaker 14: There's no one here.
Speaker 15: There's no one Rand telling Mamsell.
Speaker 6: I swear for you jobs out there anything then Sharon, well done, you win a vacuum.
Speaker 4: Thank you, pleasure like.
Speaker 10: Fellow pants right here, Reese, are you in our fin turn.
Speaker 4: Sounds up the calling from cable from this payphos, isn't it that.
Speaker 6: Reese? You win a vacuum. Well done, Thank you very much for doing this. And then we finally we've got Onenga Park. Come on in Wnga Park, Judy.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, Hey, going.
Speaker 4: Well, Judy, you found the payphone.
Speaker 14: Hi, we're here.
Speaker 7: We're here here a lion of course, because the Wnger Park nowhere exactly.
Speaker 6: It's mainly greenery round there are just one Well, I'm did you come from home? That's about you and your.
Speaker 4: Pj's are nice.
Speaker 6: You're dressing gown. I did put some I did put something on.
Speaker 4: Well done.
Speaker 6: All right, well you've won a vacuum. The trip was worth it, thanks Judy, All right, take care, well done, Thank you.
Speaker 5: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian o'connall's show. Let's get into this week's double thumbs up. Every Friday, me, Jack and Pats, we go around the team where you share the things that we're enjoying at the moment. Patsy, what are you giving double thumbs up too?
Speaker 10: Make well something you will be enjoying, because I've been enjoying our friends at and CO. I spoke a few months ago about the car organizer and I have got you one.
Speaker 6: Oh my work, please and it's a mess in the back of mine.
Speaker 2: Will change your life. It is fantastic, Jack, if you've got one of these.
Speaker 3: But I got to fit the golf clubs in the back of the car.
Speaker 4: Fifth World problems so relatable.
Speaker 2: With the mill.
Speaker 6: Callaways so real.
Speaker 4: You're the most relatable on the radio.
Speaker 10: This is brilliant. It's only ten bucks and it is. It's so good. It's got velcro on the bottom of it of it so when you turn the corners it doesn't slide. You can use it for everything. Great for bottles. So that is yours.
Speaker 2: I'll bring it in.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, please open up the boot. The other day my seven yeeneral daughter went you living out of your car At the moment they're like a hobo's boot.
Speaker 10: And just quickly the third episode of my podcast, Rage Against the Metopause has dropped. The hag Witches with Image and Crump have a listen and we touch on metopause and the workplace and the impact in starting that conversation. So on your free iHeart app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 6: You're getting some lovely messages from you messages and.
Speaker 10: You know what happened yesterday, it was like getting a letter from the Queen. So this whole Senate inquiry into menopause was instigated by a Green senator and her office in Canberra contacted me yesterday. Oh, sure, talk about it, which I think is brilliant. She saw it on the project and has listened to the podcast loves it.
Speaker 2: So oh it's great.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Weeks you've had, Yeah, it's been just magical.
Speaker 6: So perhaps, wow, we we've created a pats It's a monster, perhaps for tyrant past. Wow we she will step on our heads and over our heads to get out of this place. Rest assured. But honestly, Episode three out now Rage against the Menopause. It's an amazing listen, it's brilliant. Jackie boy, what have you enjoyed this week other than working out and drinking water.
Speaker 3: I don't usually go true crime, but when I do, I go to Headley Thomas. Of course, he was the maker of the Teacher's Pet podcast, which I think is one of the biggest true crime podcasts in the country.
Speaker 4: And it's up with that VIC Police one that Peraps told.
Speaker 3: Us about, which is about crimes. It's about how they organized the back round.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's sort of the organized interesting No what just saying it's one of the second world, second biggest one.
Speaker 3: His new podcast is called Bronwen about another missing person's case, just like the Teacher's Pet, and I'm listening to that at the moment. He does a brilliant job as always.
Speaker 6: Yeah. A couple of things that I saw a movie over the weekend and actually came out last year. It's on Amazon Prime. It's called The Holdovers. It was Oscar nominated. It is a brilliant, brilliant, brilliant movie. It's just a proper, well told story. There's nothing flash about it. It's sent in the seventies. Paul Giamatti is in it. It's awesome. It's one of those coming of ages stories. It's set the seventies at a posh public school and six kids. Their parents of various reasons, can't be bothered to come and get them out over the Christmas break, so they have to stay at school with this grumpy teacher who has to stay and look after him.
Speaker 4: Dead's poet society. It's that kind of vibes.
Speaker 6: It's so good. The hold overs really really great. I can't recommend that enough. Even on Rotten Tomatoes is ninety seven percent, which is rare. It's so so good. And then the other thing is Dancing for the Devil. It's about the TikTok cult on.
Speaker 3: Watching and turn Chack Grim.
Speaker 6: It's unbelievable. It's an unbelievable story that's called Dancing the Devil that's on Netflix. And the biggest thing I've been really watching this week and you probably can taunt on the show. It's just to enjoy the games in Paris. I've been actually not watching any of the ninth coverage. I've gone with Stan. It's reassuringly car Stefanovi is free and it's every single event add free. You toggle around. There are so there are too many events and you can see them all on STAN. Cannot recommend it enough.
Speaker 1: Christian Connall's show Podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian O'Connell's show Kids these Days, What would they have no idea about?
Speaker 17: No idea? What it's like waiting for the top forty all week to come on to record your favorite song and then cursing the name of the DJ who talked through the start of your song.
Speaker 18: Kids these days would have no idea about a only having a bath once a week and then having to get in after your two brothers have already been in.
Speaker 19: Their Kids these days apparently don't know how to post the letter heading out somewhere. My fifth year old son and I I had a letter to post. I gave it to him and I said, quick, go go go, And he's just standing there. He said where.
Speaker 6: Yesterday we had some more that didn't make it to air. That Rya came in after the show. David had to explain what a warpman was to my nineteen year old employee at work, Wendy. Kids these days have no idea how to use a Meilways. Q who works on a show does all the videos. Actually, when we read this out early went, what's some Meilways? I mean the joy of getting somewhere you'd never been before, The sense of achievement in navigating all the streets, turning the pages over, emarking the beforehand where you had to go was wildly exciting. Su Having to dial an area code to call a different part of the state. Christian kid. These days, I know about rewinding a cassette with a pencil. Those were the days pushing a manual car to get a rolling start. Paying at the supermarket by check, Yeah, I remember that big old machine they used to go. Have to get out that slightly thing under the desk.
Speaker 3: When you pay, you write out of check to the cashier.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Then they used to you rememberhaps with that big sort of i's went about three keynotes, that big sort of brick they used to have to get out and then sort of take copies of the of the visa check.
Speaker 10: My parents still like to pay in check, but I can't. They've hit like a roadblock because now the banks won't issue them at all. So for older people who have like they always did business with check, so it's like, oh, what do we do now they can't pay by check.
Speaker 6: Used to be the way you would pay, like trade's and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Well, it just makes no sense to me because the check is the easiest thing. But you see old movies and they're like, oh, the check bounds, the check bounds. It's like yeah, because all you have to do is write on a piece of paper. How can anybody tell if you had money in that bank account on that.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Andrew. Good morning, Andrew Morning.
Speaker 20: Christian Morning Troopers. Kids these days would have no idea that yet to physically get out of your chair walk up to the television to change the channel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, normally sort of yelled at by your mum or dad who would just sitting there sort of static and expected you to sort of be their human assistant to go and do that. Yeah, you're right, Andrew, that's a great well, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Shecall this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian O'Connell's show. Kids these days, what would they have no idea about? Kid to do?
Speaker 17: I have absolutely no idea what it's like waiting for the Top forty all week to come on to record your favorite song and then cursing the name of the DJ who talked through the start of your song.
Speaker 18: Kids these days would have no idea about a only having a bath once a week and then having to get in after your two brothers have already been in their.
Speaker 19: Kids these days apparently don't know how to post the letter heading out somewhere. My fifteen year old son and I I had a letter to post. I gave it to him and I said, quick, go go go, And he's just standing there he said.
Speaker 6: Where Yesterday we had some more that didn't make it to air that came in after the show. David had to explain what a warpman was to my nineteen year old employee at work, Wendy. Kids these days have no idea how to use a meilwase Q who works on a show does all the videos. Actually, so when we read this out earlier, when what's some meilways, I mean the joy of getting somewhere you'd never been before, the sense of achievement in navigating all the streets, turning the pages over, emarking them beforehand where you had to go was wild, wildly exciting. So having to dial an area code to call a different part of the state. Christian kid these days, I know about rewinding a cassette with a pencil. Those were the days pushing a manual car to get a rolling start. Paying at the supermarket by check. Yeah, I remember that big old machine they used to go. Have to get out that slightly thing under the desk when you pay.
Speaker 3: Right out of check to the cashier.
Speaker 6: Yeah, then they used to you remember phapsing that big sort of supposed to went about three knots, that big sort of brick they used to have to get out and then sort of take copies of the of the the visa check.
Speaker 10: My parents still like to pay in check, but I didn't know they've hit like a roadblock because now the banks won't issue them at all. So for older people who have like, they always did business with check, so it's like, oh, what do we do now they can't pay by check.
Speaker 4: Used to be the way you would pay, like trade's.
Speaker 6: And stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Well, it just makes no sense to me because the check is the easiest thing. But you see old movies and they're like, oh, the check bounds, the check bounds. It's like yeah, because all you have to do is write on a piece of paper. How can anybody tell if you had money in that bank account on it.
Speaker 6: Let's go to Andrew, Good morning, Andrew Morning, Christian Morning Troopers.
Speaker 20: Kids these days would have no idea that yet to physically get out of your chair walk up to the television to change the channel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, normally sort of yelled at by your mum or dad, who would just sit there sort of static and expected you to sort of be their human assistant to go and do that. Yeah, you're right, Andrew. That's a great one. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Chicall the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Good Morning, It's a Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 6: Kids these days what they have no idea about? Good Morning Simon having your friend's mom answer the landline and then asking her if you make can come out and play today? Those were the days. I just to love that, just Toby there is all people are answering their phone by saying their phone number. My farmer brother in law still does that with his landline. And then this is a farming thing. Hello, he's seven eighty six for a nine. Sometimes I've called him right just to hear it, even though it's from Australia and I won't speak and leave me gig go Christian, he's seven eighty six or nine. Who's who's calling the farm? Is it a probably missing cow? Manually tuning the TV channels. Yeah, when you got a new TV you have used toff that you ain't cheerful one it. You have to actually tune in the TV network. God, that's Carl Stephanope's quick on.
Speaker 3: Tuned, and even this step up from that was the automatic tune of which still meant you had to sit there while it did it itself for about twenty minutes until you had all the channels.
Speaker 6: Now you just gotta log into all these nine thousand streaming channels you have. Sure. My mom and dad, I don't know if anyone out there. They used to have this doily that they would drape over the video record a clock so that a burglar strolling by wouldn't see the glare. And now hang on him minute, someone's got a VHS in there. Did anyone else do that?
Speaker 4: That's I love that one.
Speaker 3: I remember when our family got their first flat screen TV and Mum didn't want to put the cardboard box out in recycling in case people saw that.
Speaker 4: We had take it.
Speaker 6: Straight to the tip. Make sure not all follows you having having to come off of the internet when your parents wanted to make a phone call in the evening, winding down the windows of the car if it was too hot in the car. The joy of the stress of trying to press play and record at the same time. You know, it was a workout to record something back in the day five and a quarter inch floppy discs or the multiple discs to play a single computing Not knowing if any of the twenty four slash thirty six photos you took on holiday would turn out any good, you had to actually send them away to somebody, to the developers, often weeks and months until after you said photos, and then wait to see if they were all red eye or blurry, or.
Speaker 4: If there was a finger over twenty four.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's get a Karen here. Good morning, Karen, good morning, how are you all? We're good to welcome to show Karen, So kids these days, what would they have no idea about?
Speaker 13: Okay, young kids off today do not know how to hold a phone handset to their ear. I work at a junior school and when they need to speak to their parents or the parents want to speak to them due to certain reason, they look at it and go what do I do with it? They jangle it. They don't know, have any idea.
Speaker 6: No, you must be so strange the old.
Speaker 13: Mobile technology.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, they are, yes, analog in a dior Yeah, Karen, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: You cool.
Speaker 5: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian O'Connell's show on Gold, Come on into Sarah. Christian kids these days would have had no idea about going to the local library to look up information in an encyclopedia in order to complete every single school project, unless, of course, they're rich enough to own an entire settlement of encyclopedias at home.
Speaker 4: That's what it's so true.
Speaker 6: You always had to go to the local library, use that microfiche thing to find the relevant source materials and quote them all. It used to take hours to do a school project.
Speaker 3: Oh, we had my age, we had the original Encyclopedia Britannica on CD ROMs.
Speaker 6: Did you ever see.
Speaker 4: Oh, what was it?
Speaker 6: Was it en Carter or that is a word I've said out loud in over thirty years. If you said en Carter to a kid now they'd go, what that was it? CD ROMs were like they were the thing for what weren't they? It was? This is high tech. Christian kids these days have no idea about You used to have put a shilling in the gas and electricity meters for them to work. We also had to rent a TV where you had to put two bob in the slot for it to work, and sometimes you get near the end of the movie, it would cut out. My parents would be running around looking for some sense to put in the.
Speaker 3: You had to put coins into this.
Speaker 6: Before my time, I didn't know about.
Speaker 2: This expression era. Maybe in the thirties.
Speaker 3: What but you bought your own Like who's who's.
Speaker 6: With the money?
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know they had someone.
Speaker 6: Who's my favorite one? Right, I'm going to read this out. This This is the sort of thing we'd hear from Patsy kids. These kids, kids these days would have no idea of milking a cow by hand. That's true. That is one hundred Patsy is it true?
Speaker 11: But I don't because I'm not the son of a farmer.
Speaker 2: It was very laborers to take ages to milk.
Speaker 6: Milk and cows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have had milk care else, of course I have.
Speaker 6: Did she help come?
Speaker 10: Because I had rallies on the farm and my aunt's and uncles used when I stayed.
Speaker 4: With So yesterday she was chopping wood.
Speaker 6: You remember then it was swimming in the creek to get to school, and now you're milking cows. Quite the childhood.
Speaker 5: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian O'Connell show. Christian kids today wouldn't know that when you went to the city, you had to pay to use the toilet. I want to shut the door on one. My mom had to pay ten cents to get me out. She was mad, Mary Anne, thank.
Speaker 4: You all right.
Speaker 6: Time to find out what this morning's Naked Hours. This is where the last other show from eight o'clock you pick all the songs, we give you the theme. We call it the Naked Hour.
Speaker 3: Oh Christian, We've got no songs for the whole hour on.
Speaker 21: N nick nick nick nag Naked Hour, Naked Hour, Oh Naked Hour, and then good Hour.
Speaker 6: This morning's theme of the Naked Hour, then when we can feel songs with come or Go in the title on nine four one four one sorry nine four one four one o four three come or Go in the title Patsy, what are you going for?
Speaker 10: Things that make you go than tune, good sums, any pop up facts? Little one best song in the history of the hot one hundred apparently with in the title there were two others.
Speaker 2: Can you guess what?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well done? And by handsome?
Speaker 6: Best facts you've had to share? Yeah, yeah, aim for the smaller ones, pass for sane, San Jackie Boy, then Come or Go in the title.
Speaker 3: When I was in high school, I watched another student play when I Come Around by Green Day on the acoustic guitar, and my memory is that everybody flocked and gravitated towards him, and in that moment, I thought, I'm going to play the acoustic guitar changed my life.
Speaker 4: A legend is born.
Speaker 6: Good tune as well, all right? So nine four four, one four three songs with Come or Go in the title eight years ago, I didn't know what to do with my life and it's in a dark spot. Yeah, And it was in the cars driving around, Christian, what are you going to do with your life? You're in your mid forties. Suddenly a song came on the radio and I thought to myself, why did I make my family streams come true and move till Stranger?
Speaker 3: It was this song.
Speaker 6: So just suddenly, suddenly the clouds parted, there was sunshine, and it was Austraded calling me.
Speaker 3: I can't remember that from the autobot.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, they said, this story is too powerful, Christian, your blowhearts and minds. It's actually irresponse. Leave that one out. It's simply too big. Two Personal to go there all right? Songs with Cup.
Speaker 5: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian O'Connell's show. Every Friday. On the show we call the Naked Hour. You pick the songs. We give you a theme today. In the song title, must have the word come or go nine four one four one oh four three before we go to the line. Some of the songs that you're suggesting on the text today Shoot Shoot Stay. Also brilliant song by the Beatles and then You're Never far away from Mary and good old any Cravitz on this station. Some of you might not be familiar with this one. This is a great tune. A couple of you have recommended this one by Republica Ready to Go. I'm not sure about this one, Derek said, Christian, do you think you'll get this over the line? Welcome to the Jungle, Come and Go in the title opens the door for a whole lover and welcomes destination. Sorry nice try though, please don't go by Casey in the Sunshine Band. It's like sad as well. Nothing is sad on Friday, Beast guys, give it up, Beat up be Fridays. Marie, all right.
Speaker 20: Marie I'm losing my voice.
Speaker 6: What's what's happened? You're not well?
Speaker 13: No, I have same sick but I'm just getting my voice back there.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, poor thing.
Speaker 4: All right, So what song can we play?
Speaker 20: You go your own way?
Speaker 6: Listen rest a larynx, just whisper it. But a great song? Do you reckon? This is the greatest breakup song ever? I think this is a brilliant song. All right, Marie, thank you very much. So your song suggestion has got a Craig now handly it's sets in my phone, syste he's calling from Australia, Craig, Good morning, Craig.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's not calling from the.
Speaker 6: Game again, are we Craig? Oh look, yeah, you wants to hear this song from the sixties. I think he's calling from the sixties, Eddie Cochran, Come on, everybody. I think Craig was just calling from the road of disco from the sixties. This is a good show. I didn't even know we had this in the system. Ever been played.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Peter.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Peter, Morning Christian and Patsy Injeck.
Speaker 19: You gotta play Come as you are boy.
Speaker 6: Peter is a grunge fan.
Speaker 3: It's not really upbeat Friday.
Speaker 6: It's not. Thank you, Peter.
Speaker 4: Kayla, good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 20: Morning.
Speaker 6: All right, now, Kayla, what is a big upbeat Friday song? We've got to play with Come We'll go in the.
Speaker 14: Title, You've got to play come and get your love.
Speaker 6: You've got a good voice, red Bone. Should we start out with this? Which movie did they? Guardians of the Galaxy? I think, yeah, that's it, Kayla, you got my back. Kayla, thank you very much. Let's go to Fifi. Fiona, good morning.
Speaker 14: Good morning everyone, Happy Friday. So my song choice for today is come on Field and Nowise by Slaves and I think it was a cover for Quiet Riot was Yeah?
Speaker 6: Is it great? Friday's so many great ones, keep them going.
Speaker 5: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: You'll control the music with the Naked out this week.
Speaker 6: Got to have songs with come or go in the title. Already you've suggested and Brilliant wants to see that. There's a few more we got here. Rachel, Good morning, Good morning everyone, morning Rachel, and have you having a good week thanks to call on the show.
Speaker 13: My pleasure. My song for today is go where.
Speaker 6: You can fit. Its Friday. If we were doing this on Monday, no one's singing the songs. Going to go west, Christian my passion.
Speaker 3: We never asked anyone for him.
Speaker 6: Carry on you to day on the lights?
Speaker 4: All right, Rachel, thank you very much. Let's go to Sally.
Speaker 6: Morning, Sally Morning, Gosh, morning, Sally. What do you want us to play?
Speaker 14: I would love for you to play wake me up before you go.
Speaker 6: Okay, now we're on the street. We got the everyone's got to keep it on. Get ready when I come to you Dylan in a minute to start singing. Maybe every Friday, to come on here. You've got to sing the song. Thank you very much, Sally.
Speaker 19: Dylan, only Christian, How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm good? Dinner now dinner? What song do you want us to play?
Speaker 22: Look?
Speaker 4: Come good man Matchbox twenty.
Speaker 6: I haven't heard this. It's a great song, Dying. I like your version remixed Dinning's version. Dennan have a lovely weekend thanks to colling Mate. This is a great one. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, It's the Christian O'Connell Show. Yesterday, Pasty was sharing a sad story about a beloved family member's family heirloom that was handed to Patsy a chopping.
Speaker 2: Board, Yes, nearly one hundred year old.
Speaker 3: Chopping Why is it so small?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know why. It's a.
Speaker 6: Tiny little portions about, but.
Speaker 10: Has seen many a stew and many a from her garden chopped on that. I can feel the spirit of great Aunt.
Speaker 3: Long half a carrot at a time on this tiny But I love it.
Speaker 10: It's just a perfect size. I don't anything too big. It's just great because you can wash it quickly, and it's just.
Speaker 4: Very quickly, a trickle of water it is done.
Speaker 3: But then why are you putting it in the dish washing? That's the reason it broken.
Speaker 2: I think it accidentally went in there. Let's not go.
Speaker 6: That's not that's not okay. So which family, beloved family member was this?
Speaker 10: This is on mom's side, yeah, great aunt Lotti, Yeah, great Aunt Lotty.
Speaker 4: So, and the person you trust to repair this.
Speaker 2: Is wait for it, Jack, Well, it's kind of destined for the being.
Speaker 3: No trust me this stuff I've got.
Speaker 6: I got a message yesterday from a professional restorer, and I just presume where you go with that guy? I was like, no, no, no, Jack will be fine. I'm like Okay, this is a pro though. It does this for an actual.
Speaker 3: Living I got this glue to glue in a piece of my piano that had come out, and I tell you the the hole that it has is incredible. You'll pull all day on that piece that I glued in and you'll never come out.
Speaker 10: We'll get it right then, because once it's glued. If it's not glued right, you.
Speaker 6: Like gloves or anything that you got. What it is that gorilla group called Gorilla Grip, We can't even say Gorilla grip.
Speaker 3: Incredibly strong bonds metal, glass, fabric, wood, ceramic, leather, paper, plastic, and more.
Speaker 6: Now rest assured, dear listen, this has been recorded right now. Cue close up on his iPhone. Other radio shows have these amazing four K cameras. We've got a queue with his iPhone out watching Jack's repair shot.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, the problem is last time I used it, I probably didn't apply the cap on.
Speaker 6: Proper, A little need in the top nozzle bit.
Speaker 2: But proceeded.
Speaker 3: You just have to squeeze it out.
Speaker 2: Sorry, there's a bit of carrot on the side.
Speaker 6: Of it as well. Not that this piece needs any energy underneath it, but it needs I think was actually zoned out from him. I forgot it was live on the radio and it was Jack's repair shop. It's like, well, yeah, you can't actually this radio it is all about pace man pace.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you have.
Speaker 2: Like pegs to hold it together, though, like, how's it going?
Speaker 3: You could you if you were doing it, probably you would get lot You could get clams to hold it in place. But it says on the packaging permanent bond holds in just seconds, So I can literally Now I've got two sides of the cutting board.
Speaker 6: With the listeners. You're still with the.
Speaker 3: Squished them together and.
Speaker 4: Around in mere.
Speaker 6: Just one make it level the spirit level.
Speaker 2: Now it's going to stick to the pad.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, it's good. Okay, Now talk amongst yourself and.
Speaker 6: All right, So we're looking for your stories about sentimental breakages. If you've ever been in the awful situation of breaking something that is actually a real sentimental value to somebody else, it is the worst thing in the world. You actually can't apologize enough because it really means so much to them rio you did this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've got a bit. This is a vibe kill of a story. I will preface it with.
Speaker 6: I don't worry. So tacked on the back of a vibe a bit right now, so it's double Vibe Kill Friday.
Speaker 3: It's still literally my hands are sweaty. You remembering it.
Speaker 7: When I was about eight years old. I remember Mum had this old plate that she got handed down from her mum who's not with us anymore, and it sat on top of like just this little bench near the kitchen table, was always there, and I knocked it over once, right in front of Mum, and I could see her just face shattered like shatter.
Speaker 3: How many pieces?
Speaker 7: Oh, like no, it's like a very fine china, like its shattered into.
Speaker 3: One hundred different pieces.
Speaker 7: And I started crying because I'll tell you, I knew how much it meant to her, and I could see Mom devastated, but also like trying to protect me.
Speaker 3: I still remember the words she said. She said, it's all right, darling, it's it's just stuff.
Speaker 7: It's just stuff.
Speaker 3: And it stuck with I still.
Speaker 7: I still remember it because she was just trying to fight through her so upset about it, but just trying to like make me.
Speaker 6: Glue back together a broken art.
Speaker 3: You can't come.
Speaker 6: Guys, I just can't. Some things don't.
Speaker 4: Mend that is a buzz Wait, we're asking for a load more.
Speaker 6: Forty minutes ago, I was yelling at this, says, don't pick any dull songs, keep it light. On a Friday, doing anything called sentimental breakages.
Speaker 4: We have not once more thought this through?
Speaker 6: Was this?
Speaker 7: Or have you been pooed on?
Speaker 6: How? I had that one long to loaded? All right? Two weeks ago? This on Friday? Then sent a mental breakages? And what pooped on you? Jack Live from Jack's Repair Shop. He's just woken up.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I've got the chopping board glued back together. Gorilla grip says it's holding seconds, so I should be able to lift up one side and the other side stays intact.
Speaker 6: That's not how I That is a mama's that glue. It's gorilla glue. Whatsoever? My word, oh, my word? The spirting?
Speaker 3: Sorry haunt you.
Speaker 6: No, we won't.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'conls Show.
Speaker 6: Podcast Christian O'Connell's show News. We're going back for a second goal of Jack's repression. We learned nothing, We learn nothing. That's the show mot so put it in Latin. It's not c We learn nothing. Redbone, Get Your Love. Eighteen minutes past eight, Christian O'Connell saw on God, we've now involved the engineering department. Here one of the engineers coming with a G clamp for Jack's second go at Jack's repair shop to repair this beloved family member's broken shopping board. The pats he's brought into Jack's repair shop.
Speaker 3: Now this piece of equipment they bought it looks.
Speaker 6: Say, where did he get that? From?
Speaker 4: The Great Ball War?
Speaker 1: What is that.
Speaker 13: Cap?
Speaker 6: What would they ever be used?
Speaker 7: In?
Speaker 6: The radio station? Represented nuts in at the tiny gum? So the boss does how he does a bad link? What get it? On Antiques Road Show? This is from the Turn of the Louis the fourth. It's rain.
Speaker 3: Even though it's heavy and ancient, I still don't think it's going to be big enough. No, it's not going to be big enough.
Speaker 6: No, we need a bigger G clamp, bigger G clamp. Guys. All right then, So today sentimental breakages and what pooped on you? Nine one four three Life is a paradox.
Speaker 15: Andrew yeses, Good morning, Christian, Jack and Power. How are you doing?
Speaker 6: I'm good, Andrew?
Speaker 4: So, sentiment mental breakage is what happened.
Speaker 15: When my wife and I first got married. We hadn't lived together before. So we were loading all the furniture up into the trailer, and I thought her father. I thought her father had tied it all down. He thought I'd tied it down. Driving along in her childhood bed. Came flying out the back of the trailer onto the road and got run over by a truck. And eighteen and a half years later, I still get reminded of.
Speaker 16: It, running over your childhood, he said, rough stories to hear, aren't they They are don't belong on a Friday fight.
Speaker 3: You quit go to a poop one just a balance And.
Speaker 6: Now I don't worry. We have a PERI pelican online too. Good morning, KnowI?
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, good morning Christin.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 6: God?
Speaker 4: I'm so good, very excited. What pooped on you?
Speaker 22: It wasn't me.
Speaker 23: I saw this poor man get pooed on pelican.
Speaker 6: What a great thing to witness, though right it was.
Speaker 22: I have to say.
Speaker 23: I was looking at this pelican sitting on a lamp post, thinking, imagine getting pood on by a pelican. And I looked down and this man and his wife had just come out to go for a walk on the pier got him dead in the center and he kind of looked around like what was that? And then he looked up and saw this pelican and turned.
Speaker 6: What are the odds you were thinking it? And then it happened.
Speaker 1: Where was this?
Speaker 23: This was down and Aiden in New South Wales, just off the pier there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, awesome, Tomi, thank you very much. Do we want any more these?
Speaker 3: I mean, keep it open, keep it open.
Speaker 6: Okay, So what about the sentimental work? Yeah, keep it up, keep everything.
Speaker 3: They work well together.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: Christian connall's show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian o'connall's show, Christian, my sister, my husband, I sound for walking along, Tad and Foreshaw. When a Pelican flying towards us lost its load. God, that's not the phoney. That's Monday, always said the beast on Monday. We were Taradam foreshow. When a Panican flying towards us losty this low the dirty swine and splattered across my husband and my shoulders. My sisters in fits as she thought that the Panican was actually watching us and appeared to smile as he did. Tracy, Uh, we got here, Laura, Laura, what pooped on you?
Speaker 4: Friend?
Speaker 22: At the time, it was when you had to pop out sun rouse in the car. Yeah, and we pulled up at the lights. A cattle truck pulled up beside us that was a lot higher than our vehicle and proceeded. The cattle proceeded to poo all over my boyfriend at the time.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, so it went out of the the cattle truck got it.
Speaker 22: Yeah, they're very high, the cattle truck. So it's right next to us at the lights. The cattle cattle are a lot higher than us, straight through the sun rote.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, what because that is a pelly old money shop. Why, I mean, you must have exposted.
Speaker 4: You must have just started laughing.
Speaker 22: Yes, everyone at the lights, because I was screaming.
Speaker 6: Shame of it.
Speaker 22: If you're hearing though, somehow I missed it, missed me got all over him and the car inside outside, and every everyone at the lights saw it.
Speaker 6: It was And what happened to the relationship? Did you ever see him in quite the same way?
Speaker 22: We've been married like thirty one years.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, if you get through that, we go through that.
Speaker 1: Carler berw you're listening to the Christian o'kyle's show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian O'Connell's show. Thank you very much all to bring the song suggestings. They still got a couple of go right now on the time was one of you go for the best in show two hundred and fifty dollars in cash and you get three months of Blive Deal Martin for the office, Dear Martire, offering you a chance to win a trip to the home of Oh My Sri Lanka. To enter, all you have to do is pick up this specially mark pack with that's coveted competition logo. Tecency's applying. Today is Pain Awareness Day. Please guys, be aware, be aware, always of pain. Do we need to tell you?
Speaker 4: Apparently we do, all right. We're looking for your painful bands.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 4: Who's on stage at Painfest?
Speaker 6: Probably a heavy metal concert somewhere called Painfest twenty four Midnight Boil Silver. The pain has got too much of somebody dead sharing on ron dead Sharing not Abba. No, they're covered in saws, that's right, they're scabber God.
Speaker 3: Oh let's go.
Speaker 6: Oh what a great band. Seventies and eighties Jake, you might be too young to remember, but Kid Creole and the Coconuts, Okay, and a lot of pain because kid creole and the kick in the nuts gold and that's me done for the week. Jackie Boy, who aren't even got painful.
Speaker 3: Bands, not Steppenwolf, no stepping on lego.
Speaker 4: Whoa wow, zero, nasty brons.
Speaker 3: Not nickelback, nipple, crippled back, silver, Iggy I felt a pop No, Yeah, that's good alright, Gold yeah, and super Cram.
Speaker 4: Super cram, but also gold as well, Colin a Brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 6: Podcast Christian O'Connell's show. All right, okay, so we're looking for your painful bands best in show two hundred and fifty Donalds and Cash and three months apply of delicious dial Marty for the office. All right, let's get ready. Then painful bands hit in Nirvana, hit a Nerve, Bronze, ouch Asis, Silver, Queens of the Kidney, stone Age, silver plus Van not healing, Gold, Glen, well done, mc l hammer Gold, that's very good from Danny Chris Goneria instead of Chris Rea silver, pink hemorrhoid necessary, Harry Piles, poor old Rick bash me, Rick Cassiy turned on somebody and Rick bashed me. Bronze stepping on nine inch nails, silver, bruised Springsteen Gold, David Owie, I love that camera and well done. Crushed testicle dummies. Ouch, gotta be the winner, Justin, that's so good. Crush testicle dummies. Wu bang wham bron Robbie Williams gold, all right, who it's best in show?
Speaker 3: Do we reward crush?
Speaker 6: Yeah? What i'nusin? You're the winner.
Speaker 5: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian O'Connell's show. None of you have asked, but we're going to tell you anyway. How that chopping board has it stuck together by no public interest but doesn't matter but my interest exactly. We're interested. Patsy, Yeah, has it stuck together? The moment of truth with Jack's repair shop.
Speaker 3: This is Patty's great Auntie Lotties chopping board. I'm had to hold only one side to see if the other side is holding. Oh my god.
Speaker 6: To actually a very good seamless job.
Speaker 2: She lives to find another day.
Speaker 3: If you look closely, some of the glue has come to the top of the chopping.
Speaker 6: Well not exactly character Well, hang on a minute, he's repaired. He's an amateur repairs the game.
Speaker 2: When I do my Julienne carrots.
Speaker 6: Well, I've seeing some of your cook and I've tasted it. Poisons coming one way or the other from the glue is probably a merciful one.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's just a decorative piece now, not something that you actually used to chop on.
Speaker 2: Well, I do appreciate your efforts. Thank you.
Speaker 6: All right, let's go to Rio. Now.
Speaker 7: If you'd like a dishwasher.
Speaker 13: Or a washing.
Speaker 12: Machine, then get behind Australia.
Speaker 4: She for the gold and the green.
Speaker 12: Because it could be in the dry, the lawn, trampolinea or taekwondo gold mentals meaning prizes On Christian ol'connell's.
Speaker 6: Show, how back when he cares the good the good times before he was payphoning it in? All right, Rio our games corresponded, Then what is happening over the weekend? Our metal is gonna come my way?
Speaker 18: What?
Speaker 6: By the way, what an amazing first week for Team Australia. All the goals coming from the women as well. It's incredible. Jess Fox, what an inspiration she is, her family, the sister, the mum and dad just joyous.
Speaker 3: Do you have a favor over the weekend and watch I saw on YouTube on Wilde Wall of Sports. They've got the footage of hers in the canoe yesterday with her dad commentating, and you can see his vision as well. He's stoic, isn't he, Richard, Well, he's trying through his voice. He's trying to stay stoic and professional as the commentator of the event, but his body has got this energy and excitement about him. And then he turns to the other commentator at the end of it, he goes, let's have a hug.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's such a lovely moment, and as our mum is sort of tracking alongside her doing it as well, collides with one of the officials. She's just incredible. And all the women that have been competing this week, it's amazing. So over the weekend, it's still in the pool, isn't it rio, And then obviously we're off to the track.
Speaker 7: That's why it's such a big weekend because we've got the pool ending and there's a ton of medals because all the heats, everything's been building up to this big weekend. Then you've got the athletics starting as well, so it's a double mega super weekend.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, double mega sibween. Last weekend we were heading into bonanza Monday on Mad Medal Monday.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be massive.
Speaker 7: So if we start, actually, I might start with Sayah Sakabara, who's You're gonna see a lot for the BMX. She's popping up a lot on the TV. But you wouldn't have heard about her at all. Last Tokyo Olympics, she went in his favorite, her and her brother. Just before the games, she had her brother sorry, had a really really bad accident. It was actually in a coma for two months. Just before he competed, just before she competed. They were both Red Hot favorites. She was leading in Tokyo. She went to I think it's to the semifinals, and she also had a horrific frame. She had to get stretched off in front of her friends and family. It was it was heart wrenching, absolutely heart wrenching. She almost retired.
Speaker 3: She's back.
Speaker 6: She heats over together again with a clamp that we had the glue. What a story.
Speaker 3: But she smashed her heats this morning. She's been She's in Red hot form.
Speaker 4: It will be a great sport to watch as well.
Speaker 7: I think it's brilliant, it's awesome, So please get behind her. It will be the story of the Games.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well it comeback.
Speaker 3: Then We've got Kaylee McEwen in the pool.
Speaker 7: She's swimming for immortality.
Speaker 6: Wow, that's a race you want to win, right, We're.
Speaker 3: Only giving away a washing machine, but.
Speaker 6: Us immortality, the immortality immortality money.
Speaker 4: So French.
Speaker 3: Also the bus gaveway times at the moment. Maybe immortality is the next Gold Daytime prize.
Speaker 6: I said, you're doing a great job hoping up the Games, but now we're talking about ascension. Ascension.
Speaker 7: Monday, she won the one hundred and two hundred backstroke in Tokyo. She's now won three individual gold medals. If she wins the two hundred backstroke, she will be the first Australian in the history of the Games to win four individual gold medals. She'll also be the first person, a male or female, in over twenty or thirty years to defend thee hundred and two hundred backstroke.
Speaker 6: Also, so, who holds the most individual goals? I think that Jess Fox is now just Eclipse Thorpy.
Speaker 3: Equal with three, I believe.
Speaker 6: But he's just won a gold medal for his commentary work this week.
Speaker 7: Yes, so if Jess Fox also has her canoeing later on she could also join Kaylen McEwen.
Speaker 6: What great weekend.
Speaker 7: So it's going to be massive. There's a ton of medals in the pool. We've got the relays which we'll win some.
Speaker 4: I'm predicting immortality on Monday.
Speaker 7: Immortality and by immortality we mean three dishwashers or washing machines.
Speaker 6: So three golds over the weekend plus a.
Speaker 7: Relay, so that's four vacuums.
Speaker 6: Wow, it's going to be another mad Men on Monday. Watch it over the weekend. It's on Channel nine. But I cannot recommend Stand enough cast Evan fish Free, add free every single event. You feel like some mad controller. You can you literally you turn on and they tell you what events, what a games are live and there's about fifteen different ones and you can flick around. It's a great watch. It's all wait for you on Stand. Have a great weekend, Go Team Australia.
Speaker 1: Well Christian No Connells Show Podcast