Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh Sweety Pies. It is Wednesday, the eleventh of October. I don't want to be the person who says spring has sprung, and for that reason life is good. But spring has in fact sprung. If you're in Sydney currently and dealing with a fly infestation, I really do feel for you. The videos I have seen are breaking my heart. I can't stand a fly, I really cannot. It's also if you're in New York experiencing flooding that and the right infestation, it's not looking good. I did have a nightmare about living in a basement apartment that was flooding because I saw a TikTok that was like, oh my god, if you live in basement apartments, this is why they go for so cheap in New York, because if it floods, you're the first one to go. Anyway, wanted to figure out should your rich friends cover the bill when you go out to dinner?
Speaker 4: Not quite sure. We'll figure it out together. Here's the party. You're listening to Flex and Frooms on Kita.
Speaker 3: It's been three weeks in a row of me talking about all the ways we're doing life wrong. And that's just because it's what's on my timeline right. But water in particular, I don't know if it's the FBI agent in my phone or water is trending, but I have been saying on and off for months now that I don't recall ever feeling hydrated, no matter how much water I do or don't drink, I just don't feel like I'm getting the real benefits of water drinking. And that led to a bunch of videos on my feed popping up of different ways to drink.
Speaker 4: Water and to be hydrated. When we talked about last week.
Speaker 3: Was putting a little bit of salt, a little bit of sugar, a little bit of a citrus, whether it's a lime or a lemon, and that works well for hydration.
Speaker 4: Have I tried it?
Speaker 2: No, No, nor have I No.
Speaker 4: I'm not picking up a new.
Speaker 3: Skill of hobby to drink some water this week. Though this insights come from a real pharmacist. It's a megamind pharmacist on TikTok site. Your sources always and they've said this, what.
Speaker 5: We call chugging or sculling water is not the right way to drink water when you're really thirsty. You see, the fast flow of water through your mouth actually removes the saliva from there, leaving the mouth feeling dry after you've had a whole cup of water. And this is why you continue to feel thirsty after drinking so much water when you're already thirsty. You should sip instead of skull.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Where is gonna tell us this? And that's what's really pissing me off. We've spoken before about is there such as they're being too much information that we.
Speaker 4: Know what to do with them. We're getting every day on my feet. People are talking about how are the pyramids even really built?
Speaker 3: Don't even worry about that then, because we haven't even covered the basics. We're not drinking water right at our big age. Don't skull since when I.
Speaker 2: Thought that's the most best way to get high.
Speaker 4: No one's saying sip, sip, sip, sip sip. They're saying skull, skull, skull.
Speaker 2: No, they're saying, sip, don't skull.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. We don't have a chance for sipping. Why are people leading us astray?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Why does it seem that everything that we've been taught to do is directly in opposition of what's necessary to be healthy and well speak on it.
Speaker 4: How can you.
Speaker 3: Say you need to adopt technology so you're not left behind, and now you want to turn around and saying if you use technology, you're going to be depressed.
Speaker 4: I don't want to hear it anymore.
Speaker 1: I I was probably still gonna be chugging water. Nothing better when you when you're thirsty.
Speaker 4: I just had a sip just then. Everyone was it good?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was great.
Speaker 3: Did say earlier in the show that the girlies were in distress. I meant the girlies who are in charge of writing articles on the internet. There's been an undertone of chaos in the best way possible. Now, we were't name and shame where these articles come from because it's all content, but I will say that it started a very important conversation of when is it okay to get back with your ex? And we want to know not when is it okay? That feels a bit bland, but when is it beneficial? When is it appropriate? When is it the desired outcome? When is it like the most obvious next step. That's what I'm looking for. I did skim read a few articles. The advice was kind of like, in the middle of nowhere, do whatever feels right for you, boob, because you've been doing up until this point. Going The way that I was approaching this break in particular, was thinking about if my friend came to me and said I was considering getting back with my ex, what would I say or do to help them make the decision. Now we've talked about the slippery slope of giving advice or giving feedback, and how you don't want to become responsible for the outcome that happened, and you don't want to be the person who's always having had a hard conversation with their friends. However, this is what I would do. I would give them these five questions to ask themselves, and I wouldn't workshop it with them. I would just ask the question and let them kind of lead themselves to the answers. Are you ready for the five questions? Listening to open comprehension, hats on? The first thing to ask yourself for going back to your ex is what actually ended the relationship, because I feel like when a couple months goes by, you kind of glaze over the details and you're stuck in the illusion of how good it once was. Let's get to the specifics. What ended the relationship? Was it a li of collaboration? Was it conflict? Was it infidelity? Was it a lack of trust? Was it poor timing? Was it distance? What was it?
Speaker 4: Actually?
Speaker 3: Which part of the breakup was your fault? We just need to know because if you say, actually, when I look back, the person was amazing, but I was just emotionally unavailable and that reflected in me being hot and cold cool, maybe you're like, my fault was that I didn't realize they were a loser to begin with, and that put a lot of pressure on me, and then I ended up resenting them.
Speaker 4: Who knows. Then you need to figure out what part of the breakup.
Speaker 3: Was their fault or what actions did they take or not take that led you to the outcome of not being together. The next question you need to ask yourself is what traits do you have now that you didn't have before that would make this work better. I feel like people go back to old situations not realizing that they're different and the person is different and the circumstances are different, which means that the outcome could be different. But if you haven't changed, and they haven't changed. It's just different times.
Speaker 2: Then you do people change?
Speaker 3: Well, I think life gives you perspective and you learned from other people's experiences, and so you might say this time last year, I believed in modding bills, and this time this year I don't split bills anymore. Or this time last year I believed in non monogamy, and this time this year I believe in monogamy, whatever it might be. But have you changed in any way that would make this a better circumstance for you? And the last one, and the most important one, the one that really really negates every other question you've answered thus far, Why are you actually considering circling back?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Are they the right one for you?
Speaker 2: You dried up?
Speaker 4: Are you dried up? Are you a caucus? Are you just lonely?
Speaker 2: Are you a caucauss?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 3: And be honest, don't tell a really good story. Get to the root. Yeah, the reason why I didn't put that question first? I think that you could really glaze over the real reason. But you've done the assessment. You've asked these very four pointy questions to get to the fifth decider, Why are you actually considering circling back. Once you know and you're happy with that answer. You could tell a friend and not be embarrassed. You can tell a parent and not be ashamed. Then do what you need to do.
Speaker 2: Come to us.
Speaker 4: You're listening to flex and rooms.
Speaker 1: On Kita got a bit of a moral dilemma for you, Flexi. If you're out to dinner with a rich friend who is probably ten times wealthier than you, do you expect them to put the bill?
Speaker 2: Yes or no?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: This was covered in an article by Emily Vernon. She is a writer for Mom and Maya. The title is I expect my rich friends to pay for half of my dinner and you should too.
Speaker 2: Love a little bit of a sensation.
Speaker 1: She says that her friend is so wealthy that she doesn't like to dine at establishments at aren't a five star element. We're giving Sean's, we're giving Ursula's areas, justin Ham's areas.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Someone will and that's the time I've been going for anyway. She essentially says that she joked with her friend and said, oh, I'll come with you if you pay, and the friends said oh, I didn't want to impose on you and said that I will, but one hundred percent, I'm so happy.
Speaker 2: She got this. Friend is minted.
Speaker 1: What are the rules for covering dinner when you choose somewhere that you know your friend can't afford.
Speaker 2: We've been in this situation before.
Speaker 3: I'm sure I don't know the rules because I have generous friends and I'm a generous person. So it's like, whoever wants to pay pays, and often it's nice. I feel like my approach to paying for dinner it's like, oh my god, it's an appreciation of the experience I've just had, Like this was sick, it healed me.
Speaker 4: I've got it.
Speaker 2: But also like you didn't have it like that.
Speaker 4: I've got it like that.
Speaker 2: Can I have it like that?
Speaker 4: You gotta like that that.
Speaker 3: It's tricky because like different demographics, different tax brackets, whatever. But in this instance, this scenario says it all. Your friend insists on going five star. You don't have it like that, so clearly like they got it, so they should cover. But if you're just going somewhere that everybody has it like that, and it's chill bio and you're looking at the friend over there, this is yours. That's us.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: I couldn't add any more of that.
Speaker 4: Tech time, tech time, tech time. It's tech time with flexi prooms on kit. Yeah, we're about to get it. I found the future of dating.
Speaker 3: The movies did prepare us for this, The TV shows prepared us for this, and we're still stuck in virtual texting real people and that's outdated as of today. There's so much to discuss, But most importantly, I saw this thing, this website, this surface. When Francesca Farrago from Too Hot to Handle did a sponsored TikTok about it, She's basically like, oh my goodness, Like, I know so much of you, so many of you guys want to talk to me, and like, I just love my fans so much and it pains me that we can't spend a lot of time together. But thanks to this app, you know, you can feel like you're talking to me anytime of the day. You can chat to me, you can call me. It's my voice, and it's programmed to be just like me, so you can spend time with me whenever you want.
Speaker 4: It's perfect. I went back and.
Speaker 3: She had deleted it, so I knew it was about to be some nonsense. So anyone who I grew up in like, I would say I grew up in the nineties, but I'm pretty sure this was around in the eighties.
Speaker 4: You'd remember those.
Speaker 3: Ads for those services on late night TV where you call this number and it's like a steamy hotline chat room type of thing before chat rooms. So basically that like they'd invite you to have steamy conversations, but really you were bait because you were racking up huge phone bill charges to do this. Anyway, So this app thing is called Forever Companion. It's the twenty twenty three version of that. They say they can be your loyal virtual friend. It's an AI powered bot to keep you company, engage in fun conversations, and be all go to buddy whenever you need someone to talk to, whether you want to share your thoughts, to receive heartwarming messages, or simply have a good laugh. Forever Companion, that name is always by your side, ready to make your day brighter and your conversation is more enjoyable.
Speaker 4: So I was like, what is this.
Speaker 3: I started relentlessly googling articles I wanted to hear about the CEO or some kind of product development. What are you offering here? Basically, they said, like, we're not just about technology, about connecting. Our mission is to redefine companionship in the digital age, blending advanced AI technology with the raw essence of human conversation. What do you mean, how are you dating these chatbots? They go on to say that dating an AI chatbot is as simple as connecting an account through the platform and choosing a chatbot you want to interact with based on different personalities. You want someone sassy, you want someone calming. They've got someone for you. But the kicker is they're not just using robots. They're getting adult like OnlyFans creators to sign up to this platform, give them their likeness and their voice, so it feels like you're talking to your favorite adult creator.
Speaker 4: Babes, I said, how much is this?
Speaker 3: Apparently the messages start from a dollar per minute of audio and go up to ten dollars per minute depending on what level of experience you want to have or is it small talk or is it like down and dirty? Is it steamy? Babes, So maybe I'll try this because I feel like I need to know is it actually money to be spent here or is it just one of those things were like, after a couple of minutes, You're okay, shut up, I'm done.
Speaker 4: I will try it. I will get back to you.
Speaker 3: I will confirm once and for all if you should all delete your dating apps and find a virtual boyfriend and girlfriend, I mean virtual partner, virtual datum.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 5: For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.