Speaker 1: I'd like to acknowledge the traditional owners on which this episode is being recorded, the combo marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Conquer Podcast. This is the podcast where which have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, We're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness. If you're ready to get into the driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life past you by, then you're.
Speaker 2: In the right place.
Speaker 1: Hi, everybody, Welcome back to the R and C Potty and Happy Friday. Today's episode is a geez hotline and oh gosh, do we have some amazing questions for you today. So today we are managing shame and guilt in relation to money and success in business. We then unpack a question we got in DMS from a listener who got triggered by me and my posts about going to the Morgan walln concept. Can I just say I loved this message so much. I loved unpacking it. I also really loved the first question, Hey.
Speaker 3: Tia, another amazing question. I think these are our best questions.
Speaker 1: Literally, I'm gonna say one of the best hotlines, so strap in. She's a bit bloody fun. But before we get into it, of course, our week update a tear.
Speaker 4: It's been so busy.
Speaker 1: What haven't we done this week? So we had a shoot, That's all we can say. It involved Ivy and it's so cute and it's really cute. You guys are gonna.
Speaker 4: Love it all my boots and Ivy had little boots too, so cute.
Speaker 1: She didn't like them. She didn't like them one bit, not at all. We actually had to take it, but we loved you. Yeah, we thought they were cute. And then also, guys you may have already seen, but we are launching limited edition Life Happens for Me journaling boxes.
Speaker 4: And they're the best ever.
Speaker 1: So this is something we have been curating for a very long time and basically we were like, what's something we can give the RNC community that completely creates the vibe. The vibe but for manifesting your dream life, for unpacking those triggers, for doing all the things. And so, as you guys know, we launched the Life Happens for Me journals previous this year and they sold out so quickly, you guys are obsessed. It's a six month journaling manifestation journal, and we just thought we're going to create the whole experience. So the Life Happens for Me boxes include Life Happens for Me Journal, a Life Happens for Me, cute glass tumbler.
Speaker 4: And it's it's the best thing.
Speaker 1: It's the bubble mug. If you haven't seen the hints we've been giving you a lot, it's a cute little pink bubble mug you may have seen around. It can hold cold or hot liquid. I personally love putting my ice coffee in that. I love doing like cute little juices. Wait, are you doing coffee anymore? No? I am, but just not really, Yeah you're not, okay, I drink.
Speaker 4: Clarity coffee of course.
Speaker 1: Of course we also have a gorgeous butterfly diffuser, so We chose the butterfly because it represents growth and the RNC signature scent and.
Speaker 4: She's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she's amazing.
Speaker 4: Literally the best sent ever.
Speaker 1: A couple of drops and fuck she's powerful. Yeah, she's like how would you describe the scent etia.
Speaker 3: It's so weird because every time I explain it, I feel like I'm contradicting myself. But it's so calming but so energizing. Like it's a very soft energy and it's exactly what you want when you journal.
Speaker 1: It's activating. Yeah, Like I smell it and I'm like, I feel activated, but not in an anxiety. I've just had a coffee way activated in a grounded way. Yes, So that's why I completely know what you're saying. And until you smell it, you won't get it. Yeah, and you'll be like that makes no sense, but trust us. So these boxes are going online next week next Wednesday. They are limited edition. Also, something really special about these boxes is ten dollars from every box will be going to Pink Elephants Support Network. So basically, this is an amazing charity who supports females going through early pregnancy loss. So obviously this is very special to my heart as I experience a miscarriage before Ivy Girl, and it is it's a really it's a really hard and confusing time, and it's a subject that not a lot of people even speak about, and it can feel very.
Speaker 4: Taboo and.
Speaker 1: It can even feel like a shameful because no one's speaking about it. And so, yeah, so this charity is so beautiful. They help, you know, mums going through this have support and have a network. And yeah, so we're really proud to be partnering with Pink Elephants and a tear do and explain why it's called pink elephants. So they're called pink elephants because it's believed that when a mother elephant loses her baby, the elephant stand in a circle around her, allowing her all the time she needs to grieve and mourn.
Speaker 4: My whole heart, I know, it's so beautiful. I love elephants. I'm gonna cry what elephants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're really proud to be giving ten dollars away from every single box. So it's a really really exciting launch for us because it's about really curating your environment. You have this whole you know, process and really beautiful ritual for journaling. And yeah, it's all in this beautiful box that it looks like a coffee table book, doesn't it to er?
Speaker 3: It does, and I can't wait to like keep mine on my bedside table because it's also like such a good reminder. When you look at it, you'll go, oh, I have to do my journaling today.
Speaker 1: And that's what I wanted. I was like, keep the box out, you can have all your beautiful little things in it, because I really love it too, because yeah, you have this beautiful box. It's like coffee table vibes. So wanted to make sure you could keep that and style it. And then it's beautiful because you can rich literally put all the products back in and it's like you can create the ritual wherever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on the go, on the go, get your diffuse it out, get you to fuse it out.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we're so funny. But go and check out our social media because we have all the information there and they're so body cute. And I do want to stress they are limited edition. Once they are gone, they are gone, very very limited. Yeah. Look, well we just this is you know, we wanted to do something that create an amazing experience few but also has a really impactful message and so to partner with Pink Elephants Support Network on this and ten dollars from every single box go to them is just it's incredible, but they are limited. So if you do want your own rn C, life happens for me, a journaling bob makes your you know, makes you got your alarm on, said you. And it's also a beautiful gift so true. It's like the perfect gift box, Like if you have a bestday's birthday coming up or your own the perfect gift, especially if she's trying to get into self development, it's yeah, or like just start journally, I tear what the perfect Mother's day gift?
Speaker 2: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: I didn't think about that.
Speaker 4: Love that for us by self owned box.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before we get into that.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: We have our little Friday segment and today's segment is a manifesting story. Ooh Jordie, this is insane. How insane scale I one to text, I think you're gonna scream. Okay, So this is from our project Facebook group and I couldn't get over it because I don't think i'd react as well as this person as so.
Speaker 1: Is this the round that just had has been?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Round seeks it just finished? Tell me, tell me, tell me, okay, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: So last week I bought a two dollars scratchy, read the instructions, scratched away, thought oh, how cool if I get this other one I just won twenty five k, didn't get what I thought I needed, and threw it away like if she scratched another symbol she'd get twenty five k.
Speaker 4: Oh okay yah ya.
Speaker 3: This week I was given basically the same Scratchy, read the instructions and realized I did, in fact win twenty five thousand dollars on the one I threw away also happens to be the exact value I'm currently manifesting.
Speaker 4: Annoying, but that's what it has.
Speaker 3: Taken for me to realize I do still have limiting beliefs around that I thought I had worked through. I read the instructions maybe five times before I threw it out because it can't be that easy. Quote unquote here we are, thank you, Universe. Message received. The money will show up for me in another way.
Speaker 1: No a tea, no this sing I do because I'm so fucking like not observant. Yeah, oh my god, no, is she sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh I love like I love her reaction.
Speaker 4: Me too, Fuck me, it was like I'd be diving in the bin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd be. It's giving me the vibes where Tim nearly threw out my wedding dress, I nearly died.
Speaker 4: No, But also I.
Speaker 1: Love that for her.
Speaker 4: I love that she just got twenty five k like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it felt too easy, you know, that's so interesting. I had the exact same experience when someone I knew won a lot of money, and I in my head, I was just like, wow, I have this full belief that no, you have to work really really hard for your money and you get to have a lot of money, but it's like, you gotta work really hard, and it's also got to just come through my business. And I had a huge moment of like, oh, I do have some limiting beliefs around money. So that's incredible. Fuck she she took that, well she did.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a different word.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's a bit of a different manifesting story. But I thought it'd be a fun story for everyone to hear.
Speaker 2: Life happens for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what she's saying.
Speaker 2: Let's get into the episode.
Speaker 4: Our first question.
Speaker 3: I own a beauty salon with a team of six incredible therapists. I've owned my own salon for years now and have worked extremely hard to get it to the point that it's at long twelve hour days, six days a week kind of things. However, for the last two years I have not been working on the floor in my salon as I had two babies quite close together. I work on the business now and not in the business. Where my limiting belief comes into this is I always feel ashamed and embarrassed and lessen my achievements or money I've made down since stepping off the floor. I'm so consumed by what I think my team think of me if I make good money whilst not physically working in the cell on seeing clients. I have once had a team member comment on what I was wearing and how much it would have cost. She has also commented during team meetings that I only care about making money and that why we have targets in place. I then feel like I need to say that I'm not getting a wage from the business, which I am, and that my husband buys me nice things, just so I don't feel embarrassed by it. I know this is a huge block for me now, but I'm not sure how to overcome it and own what I have around my team members.
Speaker 4: Oh's a good one. I love this question.
Speaker 1: First of all, like, thank you for being so honest and transparent and so vulnerable. Yeah, I really appreciate this, and I think this is like I feel like a lot of people would be able to resonate with this. So, first of all, something that came up for me is like the first thing here is you're projecting onto your staff about what they think, Like you're making assumptions and if you live your life like projecting and making assumptions and they're like not that great. It's kind of like what's that saying where it's almost like worrying about the anxiety before the thing even happens.
Speaker 3: Oh, like, don't worry about things because you're just putting yourself through the pain twice kind of.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so it's like you're projecting that you know your staff see you in the light where you're potentially greedy, you potentially don't work hard for your money. And this is such an interesting thing because if you don't do the work on yourself and where these projections are coming from. This is not only going to limit you from making more money and actually enjoying your wealth and what you have created, but it's also just taking up a lot of like rent in your brain, Yeah, like rent space in your brain. And it's like, do you want to like live a life where you project that people see you in a certain way? And I totally get like there was a comment there, and that makes that makes sense. But also for example, if someone was to comment to me about the car drive or the clothes that I wear, my reaction is, yeah, I work fucking hard for this, and you know, yeah, like yeah, of course I fucking bought a Tessa. Yeah, why wouldn't you. Yeah, And if you've got a problem, that that's your problem, not mine. Yeah, And then like you're not then wasting the energy of being like, oh but do they think I'm greedy?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: Do they think I've been carelessly? Do you think I'm materialistic? And like all that energy where it's like that could go somewhere else. And then also the limitation here is you will find you get to a point where you won't be able to make a certain amount, like you will get to a point story where you won't be able to make more than a certain amount because your subconscious will be like, if I make more than this, I am more alienated, I am more frowned upon, I am more blah blah blah. So it's like energetically, you would never go past that. So you would then limit yourself because that's like the energetics of money. If you think people that earn the money that you're earning a quote unquote greedy, all that sort of thing is, it's going to be hard to evolve from that level of wealth. So that's kind of talking like money manifestation.
Speaker 3: I'd say more what came through for me was like a weave. It's almost like her money limiting beliefs and her self trust and is like woven in and they're like all interlinked, all these like few limiting beliefs on she feels guilty for having money. She feels she's obviously got a limiting belief in that you have to work hard to have money because she feels like she's not working hard huge But also I would say, you're probably working hard because you're working on the business, just because you're not physically serving customers, doesn't mean you're not doing invoicing. It doesn't mean you're not managing your team and doing the roster. And even if you're not doing the roster, you're doing your expansion plan like you're planning the future of the business. But also you work twelve hour days for six days a week, like taking as time luidly I know, And I think that's also like I for me, I feel like that part is irrelevant. Yeah, don't you reckon like, for example, a tear, even though you do see me face to face a lot. But it's like sometimes I won't be here or sometimes I'll be on holidays and everyone's working. Yeah, and it's like, do you think.
Speaker 4: I don't work on I know, not at all. Like that's I.
Speaker 1: Feel like that's not even a thought because I know that you are emotionally intelligent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also it's like.
Speaker 4: I don't give a fuck what you think about me now I do.
Speaker 2: I do it.
Speaker 4: I enjoy it.
Speaker 1: But it's like, you know, if I am going to place my worth on like how many hours I work or what that means, I think it's also okay, So the big thing here that I can see I've just had something else. She hasn't evolved her identity, like she is stuck where she's like, because that's for instance, I've been in a similar situation where it's like, for example, you know, I've done the thing where it's like I post all my content for my own page and for Naked Harvest, I create, I edit, I post all my content. I don't do that anymore. But it's I don't think that, you know, I am all of a sudden working less because I don't do that specific job. I have just upgraded my identity of now I do different things in the business and also upgraded my identity where it's like, if the business doesn't have a visionary who's so clear on where the business is going and what's important to the team and how they want to lead, it's like it's not going to be a growing business. Yeah, And so I think it's like, you know, in her head, her identity is okay, So to work hard, I've got to work twelve hours days, six days a week. I've got to be on the floor. I've got to work really hard for my money. But it's like I need people to see me working hard for my yeah, but it's like that's not actually we all know that's not actually true because there's fucking billionaires out there just like taking a couple of calls and holidaying and you know, like really like doing things differently. Yeah, so of course you can do things differently.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's like she needs to upgrade her identity about who she is. They're not letting things shake her when people are different. And also in this part too, I think there needs to be a point here where it's I personally have been looking too this core belief of I am generous with how people see me let me She's like, what that I'm trying to understand. So, for example, in this moment, I am going to be if I'm her sorry, yeah, I'm going to be generous that my team, if they see me not working, they trust that I'm actually like a key part of the business and I've got them. I'm going to be over generous with what I think they're like a lot I'm rejecting. So for example, like I just said before, like just because a tear doesn't see me in the office at the exact times she is, I'm gonna assume she knows I work really hard, and also she knows I'm a great leader. Yeah, because until we discuss otherwise, I'm not gonna assume the worst. I'm gonna assume the best. And like, imagine if you did that how And it's human nature we assume the worst so we can like fix the problem. But it's like, and that's even me and Ellie was thinking about something the other day. I kind of forget the context, but I just thought, Oh, it was like something on social media about someone posting or something like that, and I was like, oh, like, that's like it's not directed at me, Like, I don't assume that they're targeting me. Why would I think that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And She's like, oh, no, I think they're talking you know what you're talking about. And I'm like, nah, I assume that person doesn't target me, Yeah, because why have your back? Why would they? Yes? And then I that's the world I live. Yeah, because also imagine because also I can't fucking do anything about whatever that person is doing or saying. Imagine living in a world where you're so vigi like vigilant too. Is that the word vigilant?
Speaker 4: No, I don't know what word vigilant.
Speaker 3: Vigilant you're just like very onto, like who's saying what about me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, vigilant, Why is it saying that?
Speaker 4: Don't doesn't mean I know, like.
Speaker 1: No one can see me. But it's if you go through life and you assume the worst that this person is saying bad things about you, this person was talking about you. It's almost like taking things really personally too.
Speaker 3: I love that, and it's almost like assume the best and if it's anything, but it's on them to communicate with that that with you, not your job to preemptively fix it.
Speaker 1: Yes, like I said at the start, like she's projecting that her staff don't think she works hard. Also just gonna bring something in so like bit of shadow work here. If if she is constantly having these feelings of my team think I'm greedy, my team think I don't work hard, where inside you do you actually feel greedy? Do you mean like this is mirroring something that you don't like about yourself and it doesn't mean that you're quote unquote greedy in this way. It might be for instance, of the way you do groceries, or like another aspect in your life.
Speaker 3: Where you act in scarcity, or even just like she might have the limiting belief that having money is greedy. Therefore that then projects onto her team that she's greedy because she now has money.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's like this is trying to show you a mirror of what you need to work on. And it's beautiful because me and Tea have just picked up like three limiting beliefs you can now work on and then you know you can transcend this feeling and this whole Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think the other thing to remember is I feel like I think this way, but some people don't and can. It is interesting but people assume that business owners have this massive flexible life and they just get to go on holidays all the time and blah blah blah, and they're.
Speaker 4: Never at the office, et cetera.
Speaker 3: But if you actually were around someone who owned a business or lived with someone who owned a business, you will see that they are the hardest working people in the world. And even if they're not physically they're working. They are doing it every other hour of the day. You can text them, they're thinking about it, They're thinking about it. Something happens, they're thinking about it. The responsibility and stress is like next level. And if your employees maybe just aren't at the point of understanding that it's not necessarily your job to teach them. But I wouldn't worry about it either. And you're living a life like you worked really hard so that you can have this flexibility, So I would just enjoy it instead of feeling guilty about it.
Speaker 1: And this is even a really interesting concept to bring in, don't you think it's interesting? Like, you know, she is saying she's fucking worked really hard and she's got a seal on to this point, and then she is buying herself nice things, and you know she isn't working quote unquote on the tools and she's working on the business. And it's like, how interesting that her brain is going, Oh, things are going so well, how can I like make you feel like shit?
Speaker 4: So true?
Speaker 1: Our human brains honestly do this when things are going well and things are actually really good, we're like, what can we fucking fuck up here? Give yourself a bit of drama? Almost, yeah, and that's that could even be like a little subconscious loop there, and we'll leave you with those thoughts. She's like, I actually feel worse, So thanks too, And Georgia, you would not helpful, no, But I think there's some great things to unpack there and think about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you've got to, you know, do that work.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I know this is a big call, but I think we have my most favorite question that's ever been really to the point, what's it about? Now? I wouldn't beforehand, I know, and I want a live reaction. And I would also just like to preface this with how proud I am of this person for having the self awareness and guts to send this question in.
Speaker 4: But here we go.
Speaker 3: Okay, hit me, Hello, Ronc Potty. I have something I would love to get your opinion on. I've been sitting on this for a few days and didn't know if I was going to write in about it or not, But here goes nothing. I was so triggered by Georgie's posts and stories when she went to Morgan Wollen and was having a major internal conflict with myself about it. I'm from a small country town. Agriculture, farming and country music is a big part of our culture. So when Georgie posted that she went to Morgan Wollen and the outfit she wore, I was immediately triggered and part of me thought she's dressing to fit in for a country concert. She probably only knows his songs from TikTok. She talks about being integral to yourself and not changing yourself to fit in the mold of others, but she'd purposely dressed to fit in here, just brought a tesla to be eco conscious, but is flying all the way to Melbourne for a concert and buying new clothes just to fit in. Georgie being at this concert felt a little bit disingenuous to me, and like she was overcompensating and trying to be someone she's not. Clearly part of me was really triggered. Another part of me, however, did not care at all and thought, you go girl for getting out of your comfort zone and trying something new. You looked like you had such a fab time. If I could, I would be going to every artist that came to OZ, even if I only knew five songs, because hashtag live your best life. So I would love to get your thoughts on this. Maybe you gals can see a limiting belief or negative belief here that I'm not seeing, or can help me with my internal battle of feelings. I love this party so much and want to go back to not feeling so torn in my relationship with Georgie, even though she doesn't even know who I am. Low, I'm so confused by my feelings.
Speaker 4: Help.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love this question so fucking mud me too. Genuinely, this is generally my favorite question. Also, I know, my god, you know who you are. We adore this question. Thank you so much for fucking bringing this up. I feel like this is really exciting. I feel like a girlfriend has just like brought something to me, and I'm like, yes, let's fucking unpack this.
Speaker 4: I know, like, let's go.
Speaker 3: And I also think, although this is obviously a very specific example, but I do think that people can probably very much relate to this when they're getting triggered by something, but then they're unpacking it and going, oh, like I shouldn't be triggered by this, and then you're like having that internal battle of why am I triggered but I shouldn't be triggered? And then how to resolve that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Cool, all right, well let's go straight in. So first of all, don't be because I can see she's like she's getting triggered, and then she's kind of shaming herself for being triggered. Yeah, so she's like, I shouldn't feel this way.
Speaker 4: I know George is a great person.
Speaker 1: You're right, why are we so bady? But first of all, like, don't For example, I feel like all those points are so valid, and I'm so glad that you were able to have this awareness within yourself. But don't shame yourself or feel guilty for having these strong feelings because that's perfect. How you feel is literally like great, it's so great, but then be able to unpack it and go deeper. Yeah, so let's get straight into it. So for example, also, I'm just gonna quickly chat I personally like I do adore Morgan Wollen, like I'm now fucking so obsessed with him. But also I didn't buy these tickets. Tim did so because Tim is a huge country singer fan and he listens to it while we cook, and Morgan Wallen didn't come to Brisbane, so he was like, babe, I really want to go see Like can we go and see him? So this was something I did for Tim. Okay, if it was me and my girlfriends, I probably wouldn't have gone because yeah, like I'm like, Morgan Waller was great country I love. I also love Luke Holmes. But yeah, very like it is totally trending right now. It's like all we play in the office and that sort of thing. So I completely get that. And also one hundred percent, oh, like, I got gifted that dress, so I just had that dress. But one hundred percent I.
Speaker 3: Went and bought some boots because I thought you used the ones from the rodeo. What No, I didn't buy boots for the rodeo. I used I borrowed a hat.
Speaker 4: Oh so I didn't buy a hat, but I.
Speaker 1: Went and bought some boots. But I also, like, I really wanted some country boots because I'm like, oh, it's like fashion, hashtag fashion. So like, I completely get where you're like, oh, you're being disingenuous because on the outside it doesn't make sense. But I'm sure me being like, well, here are my reasons, like you can see it a different way. But also, I guess adding to that, I don't fucking have to explain myself if I want to go and do something that feels good for me or for my partner that doesn't fit into what you think my concept is self is that's fine because you're not in my brain of what my concept of self is, So what you think is disingenuous doesn't kind of have any weight for me because I know what is Does that make sense? Because I'm so solid on my concept of self and who I am and is what is integral for me is like my integrity doesn't have to make sense to you, And I'm not trying to make it make sense to everyone because also, like I do have such a big platform that it's like, I'm not gonna be able to fucking please everyone. Yeah, and imagine if I try to.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: Also, I think a big part here which I want to reflect this person is how much they cannot hold duality. So in their mind it's like, okay, well George's eco conscious, so she can't go on a plane. Imagine living in a world where things are so black and white that in yourself you're like, oh, well, I want to be this person.
Speaker 4: I can't do that.
Speaker 1: Imagine how limiting that is. And it's You're not limiting to me, because I'm fucking just living my life. But within your internal dialogue, if you seriously cannot hold the duality of I can be eco conscious and have an eco conscious company, and like, for an instance, this week, our solar got put on our house because that is a step on my eco conscious journey. Yeah, and like if you cannot hold that, I can make those steps but also live a life where I go enjoy things and I do things that's maybe not quote unquote in the step of whatever you think I need to do. I would say there was there would be a lot of like internal conflict happening inside them of what you think this means this? So I have to do this not actually locking into what's you know, integral for you. You're looking external, what does it look like it's integral for me rather than what's in here?
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: And if you're constantly okay, so if I make this step externally, I'm gonna look like this to this person or that person. And you constantly live your life of those choices, you're you're here And I wish.
Speaker 2: This was a video.
Speaker 4: Video.
Speaker 1: So it's like, you know, you're intel. Let's just like lock into your heart so you're internal. Who you are is here. If you constantly make these decisions based off, oh well, how I'm gonna look to this person, I need to be this person. You are slowly getting outside yourself and you're slowly not being yourself. You're slowly not like being integral to who you are because you're so concerned about what other people think and what other people you know believe. And even though it's not maybe with these specific examples, it's just about understanding that you know, this trigger is very much showing you a mirror of what you need to work on. So obviously, like I said, like to me, it seems like you can't really hold the duality of I can actually be an eco conscious person and also go and fly on a plane for a spontaneous trip with my husband. Like that doesn't to me, that's not even anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's you're.
Speaker 1: Trying to put an identity. You're trying to put me in a box, which is fine, but.
Speaker 3: It's like can all or nothing mindset.
Speaker 1: You're not limiting anyone but yourself, because I guarantee you put yourself in a box.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then also it's like, because the big thing here is the disingenuous, I feel like that's and trying to be someone she's not. Yeah, so I challenge you, where are you trying to be someone you're not? I love you to sit with that, because I would only trigger that in you. If genuinely, somewhere inside you you're trying to be something you're not. Otherwise, why would I trigger you that's true because I'm over here just fucking living my good life. Go to my country in music.
Speaker 3: I think what jumped out to me in this as well is that she's very clearly, very attached to her own identity of small country town, agriculture, farming, country music. It's our culture. It's my thing, and I like a little bit different, but have been triggered by something similar in the past, where I would sometimes see videos of people like going to Indian weddings and getting dressed up and I'm like, no, but you can't do that. That's my thing. But I'm like, it's not my thing. And it's shifting that belief of owning your culture and that having to be your whole identity, because your culture is not your identity and you need to separate yourself from that. It's part of your identity and it's something you can appreciate, but it's also something everyone else in this world can appreciate, and it should bring you joy to see people appreciating that and enjoying what you enjoy.
Speaker 4: It shouldn't piss you off, so true to here.
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting too, is I think that's such a great point of if your identity is really attached to things outside.
Speaker 4: Of you, you.
Speaker 1: Will get pissed off or upset almost like shaken really easily, because your identity is not around your internal it's around your external. Yes, And so where have you attached yourself so much to something external that it's like that's that's not what your identity should be. And that's such a great point of like her identity is stuck in but this is my thing. Yeah, you can't do my thing.
Speaker 3: Because then you're trying to be me yes, and you're not me yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's even I feel like this is even I think for moms because someone comes to mom yeah. And what I've noticed a huge theme of and also just being a mom myself, it's really easy for then your whole life to be I'm a mom and not have any identity out of that because it is all encompassing. It's the most encompassing thing I've ever experienced. But I have noticed the part of me where I want to go like almost fall in of like, oh no, but I'm a mom now and I probably have had times, but you do, and it's like no, no, no, this is my identity. And then if anything comes to shake that identity, you would feel threatened. Yeah, but it's like no, my being a mom is something I do, Yeah, but it's not my identity.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Do you see even that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I love that so much.
Speaker 1: And that's why I like so many moms get fucking like crazy on Instagram. Is their whole identity is like, no, I'm a mum and I know best and I should parent your child for you. I'm like, no, babe.
Speaker 3: And I think that she's held on too, is that people can't be multifaceted. Yes, huge, And that's something that I get described as being the most random person all the time because I just love doing lots of different things and trying lots of different things and that brings me so much joy. And I would even go as far to say, like my hobby is doing lots of different hobbies.
Speaker 1: Literally, a tea will come in and I was like, how was your weekend?
Speaker 4: She's like good, I went full driving, and I'm like, you know, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: But also like I love that fingah, But also it's really funny because when I did post that real, I did think, oh my god, people are gonna be like this is the most random thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But also it's because you don't see as soon as I get home, I walk in the door, country music is playing, and then me and Tim cooked dinner together. It's on the TV. Like, you don't see those moments because I'm not documenting them. But that doesn't mean I can't be a country music fan.
Speaker 3: No, And even if country music wasn't playing every day in your house, you still have every right to go try it out and enjoy it. Yeah, and like see if the shoe fits yeast, because that's how you find things you love, and that's how you get out.
Speaker 4: Of your comfort zone.
Speaker 3: And your girl as a human being is through new experiences hugely. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also that is a big thing too, of like how often do we put ourselves inside a box of Like, No, this is what I like and this is who I am, and this is my identity.
Speaker 4: And that's even a.
Speaker 1: Really cool thing, like to ask yourself where have you said, you know, like the whole saying that's around right now, like not for me, it's not for me, Like where have you said? Oh, not for me, Like I notice I did it the other day because my girlfriend did a pole dancing class. Yeah, And I was like, hmm, not for me. And then she's like, yeah, but have you tried it? And I and she's like she's in self doublbe. So she totally called me out and I was like, fuck, you're so right. Yeah, And I was like, yeah, well, I might go and do one. But I noticed the side of me who did want to be like, nah, not my thing. You're out even trying it. And we do. We love to put ourselves in these little boxes and we love to have the labels.
Speaker 4: Of I'm the artie girl, or I'm the sporty.
Speaker 1: Girl, I'm the country girl, yeah, and no one else can be yeah, and like it is I'm the mom.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's so interesting.
Speaker 3: And so I think that that's probably something for you to unpack. The listener to unpack as well, is like, have you not allowed yourself to try new things because you feel like other people won't understand why, or maybe you're guilty yourself and you're saying, no, it's just ingenuous for me to have a hobby that's not country or exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, yeah, it's like I'm just showing you a mirror of where it's like something's not because I love that she used Georgie talks about being integral, but this doesn't feel integral. Yeah, So it's like, where is something not feeling integral for you? Or like a way have you put yourself in a box of Oh no, I'm this person.
Speaker 3: I can't do that because it's not integral. Yeah, and you really want.
Speaker 1: To because it's funny. And I love this because I can now this is such a good question because it's giving me a lot of self awareness of what I have transcended because I'm like, oh, I just would have never had these thoughts.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's like, and I don't mean that in it like a degrading way, because I think this is so valid how you feel.
Speaker 3: And it's amazing you sent it in.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, we're like, we're actually like so thankful and before you send this in, it's really cool to see. It's really cool for me to be like, oh, that's really cool. I've actually like transcended something like this and I can see how but I can see how this good come up because previously maybe something like this would have come up for me. Yeah, it actually, you know, it's giving. You know when you're in school and like a song gets trending and you're like, I was listening to that like three years ago.
Speaker 3: That was my or like what you just reminded me of when everyone gets so triggered in high school musical because Troy starts singing and he's the basketball guy. I love how you bringing the most rid That's exactly what it is. Oh yeah, you can't do that, You're going and there's a whole song about it, status quo or whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh of course, I actually don't really remember.
Speaker 4: I know that I remember.
Speaker 3: So he's like the basketball guy and then he goes and sings and it triggers his entire basketball team, including his best friend. And there's this whole song where they're like, no, you need to stick to the status quo. You're the basketball boy. You have to be the basketball boy. You can't sing yes, And then everyone's bringing out all their secret hobbies and I'm like everybody, he hasn't stop being ashamed.
Speaker 1: I love that so much.
Speaker 4: It breaks the randomness.
Speaker 1: I love that, And obviously, like what me and Tia both said then is like some very surface level examples, And I do want to stress that what you're feeling is so fucking valid. And it's like I feel like and like I said, I'm so happy you brought this up. But it's like it's a really cool thing of even if you think about any problem you have with anyone or anything, and then just being able to under like if you can be like, okay, if it wasn't about them, because often we're like, no, it's just them. They're just really annoying, you know, It's like it's them if we bring it back from let's dissolve like the fucking person. But it's like, what are they showing me? That is what's the what's the thing that's triggering me? And like where have I either suppressed that for myself or it's like where either am I actually that? And I don't like it because that's usually the thing of yeah, yeah, you're even jealous because you didn't have the guts to do it m.
Speaker 3: Or it's mirroring something that you feel internally guilt or shame about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think the big thing here too is what we don't do is we don't even let ourselves go through that process that we just did a tia because we feel fucking bad for doing it, like this person, She's like, I generally fucking want to heal my relationship with Georgie because like she enjoys the potty and I feel like she gets it. But also it's like, can we actually have this process and use people as tools and mirrors and be like, cool, let's unpack this and do it in a non shaming guilt way. Yeah, And it actually just gets to be a really cool experience of like, oh cool, yeah, and feeling okay for feeling jealous or shame or guilt or pissed off or triggered by someone like you should feeling fucking any emotion? Yeah, how much do we feel emotion and feel ashamed of feeling an emotion?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 4: And then it's just like this little spiral.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does sound like she's on the cusp cusp our favorite word.
Speaker 4: You're on the cusp.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 1: She'll listen to this and be.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, yeah, thanks for unpacking it for me, And then she'll be like cool, I.
Speaker 1: Can see or maybe she won't fit you know who are come jump back into the DMS and let us know what you think.
Speaker 4: I generally would love to know me too. I do a little part to her, and guys said us more questions like this, Yes, we loved it.
Speaker 1: Tell me how I treat you and we will pack it for you. Also, let's do on for a tea. It's all funny, guys, we're paying Georgie out, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Am I being triggered? I'm so curious. It's you.
Speaker 1: I was having this conversation with myself. What's not really conversation, is it. I was having this I call it conversation. Okay, yeah, we'll call it combo. I was having this conversation with myself. It is very interesting to have a podcast and to put so much of my life out for people to like no, no, and see and feel, because it's like so much of the time I am processing so much, and like my whole thing is I'm so transparent with you guys. That's like I will bring stuff in that I'm processing myself.
Speaker 4: And I did think.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was wondering if people can kind of grasp when I'm like processing something or it's like when I'm not yet to the point where I've gotten over it, but it's like I still bring it in and A big thing for me is like I love that because I never want to be the guru. Yeah, I never wanted to be the person in the room who knows everything. I want to be constantly learning and constantly unpacking new layers and textures of myself. And like, the podcast has been such a healing journey for me because I literally do it as I'm doing the episode. Yeah, and now I love it. I hope people know that, and I hope people can again be able to hold the duality of like one week I could be really feeling into and processing something, and then the next week, not that my mind changed, but you can see a new level of my evolution because it's like, for example, again feeding into this question is if we don't allow people to grow and transform and evolve, it means we don't let ourselves do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So a big thing of like noticing even that of like, oh, do I expect this person to have all the answers or do I expect this person to.
Speaker 4: Be like evolving?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and allowing them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was just a random rant.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: No, I love that because my mum always saw me hashtag thoughts. Yeah, if you stop learning, you're dead literally though, So you know, you can never expect anyone to be the same, and you just got to hope that they're growing.
Speaker 1: And also, I really hope that I fucking never will. But it's like if you go back and listen to one of our first episodes and like even hear how I talk or how I process things, like, I hope I'm a lot different. I fucking hope I even contradict myself now, because if you're not contradicting yourself, you're not growing.
Speaker 2: If you have.
Speaker 1: The same thoughts and the same way you do things like four years later like that, I don't see that as a fucking good thing. I'm like, shit, you've just missed four years of growing. Oh, So like yeah, and I'm so open to that. I'm so open to you guys going back to old episodes and being like, she literally says something completely different now and me being like yeah, and also you being able to like hold me in that and be like, yeah, well she's just evolved.
Speaker 4: That's so true.
Speaker 1: And that's what I also like being over generous with other people too, and like that's what I hope for you guys too.
Speaker 4: I hope you guys enjoyed this hotline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a bit of fun. Yeah, send more questions like this. Yeah them, we love them.
Speaker 2: Is this?
Speaker 1: I feel like our community is like, all of a sudden, they're like, let's fucking do it.
Speaker 4: Let's get into my shadows. I love that so much.
Speaker 1: All Right, thank you so much, guys, Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.