Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, hello, we made it to Friday. We have this conversation every week.
Speaker 3: We say Friday and I say Friday.
Speaker 4: We need we need some more materials.
Speaker 5: So we're saying, why don't we just try saying, hey, welcome to the pick up.
Speaker 4: Hi, welcome to the pickup.
Speaker 5: Boring Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heard some more people are actually starting a four day work week.
Speaker 2: I really think we need to try and implement that with a boss again.
Speaker 6: But what is it that I don't want to implement that. I love being here with you guys. This is the highlight of my day.
Speaker 4: Is that? Awquipit?
Speaker 5: She loves well I had a knife to so she had to say it.
Speaker 3: No, I know what I'm going to be doing all weekend. Do you want me to tell you what you guys should be doing all weekend?
Speaker 4: What am I doing this weekend?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: So Stan's New Wolf Like Me has just dropped season two.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know if you Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you guys watch season one?
Speaker 4: I haven't seen season one? No, wait, what happens? It's Carla Fisher and though Joshad it's.
Speaker 2: Isle of Fisher Josh Gadd.
Speaker 3: So it's like it's homegrown, right, everyone loves Isle of Fisher here in Australia.
Speaker 4: Josh gadd is not so from Frozen.
Speaker 5: Your kids love him.
Speaker 6: I didn't know who he was, but now I the snowman in Frozen. Oh my god, amazing. Yes, I love him. I love a laugh it's him and Fisher.
Speaker 3: So it's I mean, this isn't a spoiler, but Isle of Fisher is a wolf, like she turns into It seems like a.
Speaker 7: Pretty big spoiler. Seems pretty spoilish.
Speaker 4: Says it in the title.
Speaker 2: These things were. It's ridiculous because she turns into a wolf, but they actually hit so many serious topics. It's amazing. Remember I auditioned for this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we did be auditioned on the show.
Speaker 2: You helped me audition, but you didn't get a call back.
Speaker 5: They wanted no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said I wasn't wolf enough.
Speaker 5: It wasn't wolf enough.
Speaker 4: We read a letter to stand and let them know.
Speaker 2: So if stander listening, Yeah, we.
Speaker 5: Do love yourself.
Speaker 7: I saw a giant billboard for that driving into the show this afternoon, the new season season two will like me out now and well that's.
Speaker 4: What we're going to be doing tonight.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, if you're somebody who's been in a relationship for a long time and you want your partner to propose to you, they're dragging their feet. I have a technique that will be very handy for you. I think you should try this. I'll tell you all about it.
Speaker 7: Next last today on the show, Fruit Salad, Yummyummy. The Wiggles, Oh my god, I'm so excited, Salibs. We've spoken to.
Speaker 2: Some big names in the presence of royal guys.
Speaker 6: This is the music that gets absolutely slammed in my household.
Speaker 5: I'm sure.
Speaker 7: Well we'll get them on the Wiggles joining us as we start a Friday pick up.
Speaker 6: All right, everybody, I have an idea for you. That's not my idea, I've stolen it, but I think it might help you if you are in a long term relationship and you've been waiting for your partner to propose, but they're.
Speaker 4: Dragging their feet.
Speaker 6: I'm listening, Okay, Britt, what do you do you know if you've got a boyfriend and they won't propose to you, Like, how do you try and speed that process?
Speaker 3: But its subtly, not so subtly, like leaving the hints around, like pictures of rings with big circles around them and highlighted this wonderoman.
Speaker 6: Now she's been a relationship for seven years, which I think is a really long time. If one of you wants to get married now, her boyfriend says, yeah, in the future, but we can't do it. Yeah, you know, we don't have the money. We don't have this anyway. They're twenty nine years old now. Originally the excuses were that it was because they were still studying and they had other big things that they were working towards. Now he says it's because they just don't have quite enough money. But he recently went out and bought himself a motorbike, a very expensive motorbike, which made her realize maybe getting married is just not a priority to things cost money. Yes, they do, yeah, but you don't have to have a big wedding. It's not necessarily about the wedding, right like a seven years. It's about the commitment, it's about the ring. So what she did is she went and she spoke to her sister, and now her sister has been married. After two years of dating, they got engaged, they've gotten married.
Speaker 4: She's off living her life and doing what she wants.
Speaker 6: To do jealous and her sister said, here is something that I did in my relationship and it worked.
Speaker 2: A treat.
Speaker 6: You are going to withdraw all of your wife privileges. And what that means is instead of living together, instead of cooking and cleaning and picking up his clothes and making his life easier, all the things that you would do if you are together in a relationship, a committed, long term relationship. She was like, you have to remove the wife privileges go back to dating. So she's decided she's no longer going to sign the new lease with her partner unless he is going to propose to her. She's going to move out and she's going to go back to dating and see what happens.
Speaker 7: Wait, Laura, you're the only one in this room that's married. You're the only wife in the studio. Do you know, like, do you have wife privileges?
Speaker 5: Is that a thing? What are some other wife privileges that we don't know?
Speaker 6: About having a headache and going to sleep earlier? Okay, having seven minute missionary? No, okay, wife, I don't think that's it, because I think is what she's doing for him, not exactly. So, wife privileges is more so, just like when you're in a long term and committed relationship, it's all the things that you do to make your partner's life easier, the things that you would do if you were dating as well. But when you're dating, you get to go home to your own space and live in your you know, you can go back to your own apartment. You don't have to be in their space all the time. You also don't have to deal with all the things that are the undesirable parts of a relationship, like after each other. Yeah, and so she's just said, well, you're quite happy to live our life like we're married right now. You're quite happy to do everything that a married couple would do, but you don't have any of the responsibilities of being married.
Speaker 7: I think seven years is too long, Ritt. What do you stand on it? You need to have had the discussion or be ready to propose by.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty blanket statement to be like, seven years is too long.
Speaker 3: Who knows what's gone on in their life in seven years or other reasons behind it. But she does have to make a decision if like, is marriage important enough to her that if she's not going to get it she'll leave the relationship entirely.
Speaker 2: Otherwise it's an empty threat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I agree, thirteen one of six five is seven years too long to wait to propose.
Speaker 5: Do you what, Laura, where do you stand on this?
Speaker 6: I mean, I think if it's what you want in your life, like for some people, marriage is important. For some people it's not. But if it's important to you and your partner knows it's important to you, then seven years of waiting for that is a real long time, especially if the excuses are we don't have enough money.
Speaker 4: I have enough money for a motorbike.
Speaker 7: The phone lines look at them like a Christmas tree. Lot people are opinionated, Amanda, what do you think seven years?
Speaker 5: Is it too long?
Speaker 1: On?
Speaker 5: No, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think like a lot depends on the couple and there's a lot of factors weighing into it. But I mean they talk about a seven year itch when you're married, but I think this is a seven year itch to get married.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I agree. All right, Sarah, are you there?
Speaker 2: What do you think is seven years too long?
Speaker 1: I honestly don't think it is.
Speaker 8: You know, you're with someone that you love.
Speaker 1: And it's still working.
Speaker 2: I guess no, let's get to Casey. Casey is seven years too long?
Speaker 1: I would probably say yes, my opinion, but I mean everyone has their own opinion. But I would say yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean fair, I'm only a year into my relationship and I'm like.
Speaker 6: Taking away the white privileges the last one eleanor quickly?
Speaker 5: Seven seven years too long? Not long enough for proposal, Way too long.
Speaker 9: I'd be out of there.
Speaker 5: Wown't even animals.
Speaker 7: We've got, we've done the pole. Eighty two percent of calls we've been taking them in the background. Eighty two percent say seven years is too long.
Speaker 4: I want to know, though, like, would you withdraw the privileges? Would you?
Speaker 6: Okay, if you get to a point where you're like, marry me or propose to me, or if you're not going to, then something needs to change.
Speaker 4: Don't think it out.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think a ultimatum is actually that healthy in a relationships.
Speaker 5: Absolutely not. I would not withdraw Privilegesn't.
Speaker 4: It so you just broke up with them?
Speaker 5: No, I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: And what'd you do? Just keep believing?
Speaker 5: I'd be very sad all the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everyone's a winner, Yeah, all right?
Speaker 7: Every next on the show fruit salad, yummy, yummy, big red car.
Speaker 4: This is a Wiggle. I've never been more excited to have a guest in the studio.
Speaker 5: I mean, we've interviewed some big celebs and Laura for the first time goes. I think I'm nervous. You never said that before.
Speaker 2: Reckon, they're going to bring a hot potato in.
Speaker 4: I reckon they're going to wear their colored shirts.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 6: Honestly, my kids this morning, when I said that this is who we're interviewing, Molly almost climbed into my handbag.
Speaker 7: Seriously, kids, if you're in the car listening with Mum, if you've just been picked up from school, the Wiggles are joining us.
Speaker 5: They're taking over the pickup next thereby.
Speaker 6: Now we have Australian superstars here today.
Speaker 4: They are megastars.
Speaker 6: And I'm talking thirteen platinum albums, eight Gold albums, fifteen ARIA wins, the ARIA Hall of Fame, only six ARIA Award nominations.
Speaker 4: Have one more. Guess the.
Speaker 6: Bigger, bigger we have Greg and Jeff in the studio. Highs Like, I mean, I think I'm a mega fan. My kids are an even bigger mega fan. But I'm also a mega fan.
Speaker 9: Well, it's lovely to be here.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the people.
Speaker 3: Well, your documentary Hot Potato The Story of the Wiggles is available now on Amazon Prime. Now, look what I loved about this, and don't take this the wrong way, but I loved how many rejections you got. I loved how many failures you had before anyone would take you on. And the reason I say I love it is because we love a persistent success story.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think it's one of those things where we kind of felt we knew ourselves really well, and we we wanted to keep doing what we thought would be good for kids, and it ended up being the case. So we persisted and belted that brick wall down.
Speaker 5: But they're like a lot of it.
Speaker 7: Laura, you've seen the documentary, right, you were telling us some insights into what it actually took to get the Wiggles to be formed. There was a lot of resistance, right, you were saying, Laura, Well.
Speaker 6: We were watching it last night, and I think one of the things I didn't realize about the Wiggles because I think every parent puts it on their kids love it, but no one really sits down and unpacks. Why did the kids love it so much, and it was for me understanding the psychology around it and how much not just research, but how much effort is put into the songs and why kids engage the way that they do.
Speaker 4: And I guess it was learning that.
Speaker 6: So that all of you have come from the childcare background from Oh, Jeff's like.
Speaker 2: Me, any of you?
Speaker 5: What was your background?
Speaker 4: Had that interesting?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 10: I studied industrial design.
Speaker 5: Did you design this giving?
Speaker 10: I designed the Dorothy hat Ah? Yeah, so I'm a very visually oriented person. I like building stuff with my answer?
Speaker 5: So cool?
Speaker 6: Where did that so in terms of like unpacking the psychology of kids and how they engage with the music, where did that come from?
Speaker 4: That interest come from?
Speaker 9: Well, it came from the fact that three of us were studying to be teachers, and we really just took our passion for music and combined it with what we'd learned about teaching children, and we made ourselves a much bigger classroom by playing to five hundred children at a time or you ended up being ten thousand sometimes that we'd play to. And once you understand what it is that children like and enjoy and how their mind processes things, it makes it much easier to write a song for a child.
Speaker 10: Oh that was not really simple, to write a simple song for children. That's true, it's hard to write a simple song.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: One of the things that I loved was the idea of kids taking power over adults and when they like to turn the tables and it makes them feel really excited about it. And part of that was your story, Jeff, with the whole wake Up Jeff narrative.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I absolutely embraced that because I didn't need to engage the children on stage because I didn't have the experience of being an early childhood teacher, so it was.
Speaker 2: Like, I'll be the one that goes to sleep.
Speaker 5: Genius.
Speaker 9: The great thing is because Jeff was asleep so much for thirty years, he actually got to watch the documentary and catch up on what happened.
Speaker 5: That's so true, and it's so good.
Speaker 7: You look the youngest out of all of them, Jeff said, sleeping.
Speaker 4: I mean for both of you, you retired and left the Wiggles. When was that?
Speaker 9: What was the well I left in the two thousand and six through ill health.
Speaker 10: Yep, myself and marrying twenty twelve. That was I l asked you of performing.
Speaker 6: Do you look at the new Wiggles now and do you have I guess like, are you proud of where they're at, with what they're doing. Do you ever feel like you wish you were still a part of it?
Speaker 5: Relation, Yeah, because the drama would also be good.
Speaker 9: No, No, we love them. They wiggle better than us.
Speaker 7: So that hot one, the hot one Wiggles really well, who you calling the hot well, all of them, they're busy in the purple skip of John John He's had global success for being so gorgeous.
Speaker 9: Some of the mums and I'm not speaking for anybody in our company, but some of the mums think he is quite hot.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think some of the mums still go for Locky as well. Don't worry.
Speaker 7: Truth comes out and Captain feathersode too. He goes all right.
Speaker 2: So Greg and Jeff, what are you guys doing now?
Speaker 3: Because it must be hard to have been so popular for so long and so busy and touring and filming and putting songs down recording. Was it hard to walk away? And what does life look like now?
Speaker 9: Yeah, when you go from being popular and unpopular, it was hard to walk away. Honestly, it's because the Wiggles was so much of our lives. Certainly for me when I left in two thousand and six, it left a big hole in my life. But I had to leave because I was unwell. I had to deal with that.
Speaker 10: What about from the classic baby boomer retiree? And I've been dabbling and playing in bands here and there, not not a lot, but it's fun when you do. And plus getting together with the og Wiggles that has been the high life.
Speaker 9: So we still get to do what we love doing every now and then.
Speaker 7: Listen, you can watch it Hot Potato, The Story of the Wiggles, available on Amazon Prime Now.
Speaker 5: Greg and Jeff.
Speaker 7: Great to have you in your superstars in our eyes and the audience is a pick up. This is prime Wiggles listenership and has.
Speaker 6: A mom like for anyone who's grown up with the Wiggles who has kids that still enjoy it. Today watching the doco was so interesting and yeah, it just gave a whole new insight into what you've achieved over the years.
Speaker 5: Guys, wake up. Jeff.
Speaker 3: So, I was talking earlier in the week about a moment I had where I thought I don't want to be friends with Mitch and Laura anymore.
Speaker 4: And it was on the plane.
Speaker 3: It was both of your plane manners, of which there were none, and you were talking obnoxiously loud.
Speaker 2: They were swearing.
Speaker 4: There was not swearing. I don't swear because I'm a mom, so I don't swear anymore.
Speaker 7: It was jealousy because we were having so much fun. Laura and I were connecting, the laughing, and you were jealous.
Speaker 3: Pros I was like another rollaway. So passengers didn't know that I was with the same party. They didn't know I knew you, and they were literally complaining to me. And I was mortified, so I pretended as well. I was like, oh, aren't they terrible?
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 3: Anyway, it got us thinking, what did you experience on a plane? Because we have a five hundred dollars chemist ware house voutcha to give away.
Speaker 4: We wanted you to call up and let us.
Speaker 3: Know the weirdest, most disgusting, the rudest experience you had on a plane.
Speaker 4: It was disgusting. Shoes were off, Yes they were not off. I was wearing sandals.
Speaker 6: But I think that these calls are to show you that what we did was not that bad, and now other people have it way worse.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go to them. Lisa, Lisa, what did you see on a plane?
Speaker 8: Oh, it's not what I saw, it's what ud smell. I was up on the front, right up in front of an air bus and this gentleman's was on the last row, and because he took his shoes off and fell asleep, and the whole plane was just disgusting.
Speaker 5: I hate that.
Speaker 2: There's nothing worse than that, is there?
Speaker 9: Laura?
Speaker 4: Does that all I did?
Speaker 6: Brittany, I am so tired of this. I do not take my shoes off. What it's worth while you do? She's barefoot in the studio. Now you do take them off, but you don't smell.
Speaker 4: They just so many times a day, and I wear sands.
Speaker 5: They look like a pair of oars. Wild.
Speaker 3: I just want to fight between you two. Please, sorry, stop, We've got Craig on the line.
Speaker 5: Hi, Craig, What did you see on the plane?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 1: My partner and I were traveling from Chiro to the Maldives on a flight and we were halfway through. We just got our meals and I felt a warm sensation dripped down my back on my arm, and I looked behind me and a very very drunk passenger had projectile.
Speaker 2: No, Craig, you had someone suck you into the flight?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 2: What was the consistency?
Speaker 1: It was a chunky but running it was. It was about three hours into a seven hour floor.
Speaker 7: Oh did they apologize what they did?
Speaker 1: I had to take off my shirt because I didn't I didn't have any extra close with me, so they gave me a blanket to refround me for the rest of the flight.
Speaker 4: Basically, you're a sng wrapped.
Speaker 1: Around you, basically basically, And just the smell in the cabin was disgusting. But yes, it went into my food.
Speaker 2: Into your tomb.
Speaker 6: I'm a sympathetic vometer, so for me this would just be Oh, it was.
Speaker 1: Just it was just a smell for me because I went into the bathroom. So let me go up to the business class bathroom to use their fragrant stuff. But it didn't work. The smell was just horrendous.
Speaker 5: Oh, Craig, I can smell it on you now, mate, bro, I'm on the last one. What did you see on a plane?
Speaker 3: What happened basically on.
Speaker 8: The Longhole flight?
Speaker 1: My onslighte entertainment was watching a man paint his wife's toenails. Had he actually been too.
Speaker 2: Put the top on as well.
Speaker 4: It's actually impressive and it was perfect.
Speaker 8: I felt like asking him to do mine as well.
Speaker 4: I thought that they couldn't do that on a flight.
Speaker 3: I thought that, but that's the smell of that would be so potent, that would put everyone off.
Speaker 4: At least it would cover up the smell from the first caller.
Speaker 3: All right, well, I don't know I'm in the mood to give five hundred dollars away Camus Warehouse Botcher.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I cannot go past Craig and the chunky vomit being vomited on. I'm sorry, but that deserves a five hundred. Also, it's all yours. I don't know what you're going to buy with it. Maybe some perfume in case it happens again.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a good idea.
Speaker 7: If you missed any of the show today, we just had the Wiggles on. Laura's talking about her wife privileges. It's all on the podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I didn't talk about that at all. But anyway, glad that you were listening.
Speaker 5: What did you talk about?
Speaker 4: We're not okay, Just go and listen to it on the pick up on the podcasts.
Speaker 5: See you Monday, Bye bye guys,