Speaker 1: Hi, it's Brook Shields.
Speaker 2: Brooks Shields is joining us live on air.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, Hello, Hi.
Speaker 4: Thank you for coming on. You've got a brand new crime drama. You're killing me. It's coming out on stan. True crime is just huge women in particular or obsessed.
Speaker 2: Brook Do you.
Speaker 5: Feel I think it's a genre that people have loved from murder, she wrote, and only murders in the building. You know, that's sort of that genre where it's easy to watch, it's not too gory. There's a you know, maybe a guy falls out of a closet with a knife.
Speaker 1: In his back, but there's no blood.
Speaker 5: Like it's that old school, almost Dagatha Christie. But to have two females at the helm, two different generations.
Speaker 1: I think women are.
Speaker 5: Responding to that because it's you know, my characters made fun of a lot, like my daughters do every day. So I think it's just I think it's appealing, it's entertainment.
Speaker 1: It's a bit of escapism.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you love investigations in your own life, like trying to figure things out?
Speaker 3: I feel like.
Speaker 6: Women are like inheritently detectives undercover.
Speaker 3: Why we've all got to do I kind of have to be yeah, I have to.
Speaker 5: I think it has something to do with like, if you can bear our children, you kind of also have to be a detective. Yes, because yes, and if you're if you happen to be a partnered you have to be a detective because I got to read what they're saying, because they don't often say what they mean.
Speaker 1: So I think it is inherent. I do think.
Speaker 5: I'm my character, but also me as a person. I'm better with motive and story and why and what's happening in that person's life, whereas Andy, my partner and the younger generation is really good with forensics, and I find like, I find that that's what I am in life too, Like I'm it's.
Speaker 1: Like, well, no, why would you do that? You know, Yeah, it's fun to play.
Speaker 6: I have a girlfriend and I find this crazy, But she listens to these.
Speaker 3: Horrific true crime podcasts to put herself to sleep. Do you get into true crime? Like do you listen to podcasts and stuff like that because.
Speaker 5: They're all No, I don't because they're all going to be under my bed raped by the ale. When I get in bed and I sat my arm, you're going to grab me myself and that's the.
Speaker 1: End of me.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 5: Minute I give my attention to it and give its energy, it's going to find me.
Speaker 4: Now, Brooke, are you being in the industry for fifty years now? Oh now, yeah, well yeah, sixty sixty on your sixty one?
Speaker 2: So when what were you doing commercials and stuff as a baby? I was?
Speaker 1: I was the Iriso baby when I was eleven.
Speaker 2: And look, I can't rock the diaper.
Speaker 4: I can't have you on Brook without admitting The Blue Lagoon when I was a teenager was u It was that a movie for me?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: It depends like some people say it was for me, some people say it was for the boy.
Speaker 3: Well it was. You had a poster of Brook on you on your bedroom wall.
Speaker 2: And I watched The Blue Lagoon.
Speaker 1: It's all an Australian crew, Fiji all assies.
Speaker 4: It's actually, apart from me being a teenager, it's a very good movie. Do you go back and watch some of the stuff that you've done? Do your kids watch your work? Or do you just go no, never watching again?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no nothing.
Speaker 5: The only thing I sort of make my kids watch is like suddenly Susan Okay, I don't have it on a loop in my house. Yeah, but I've been like, you're gonna sit down, you're gonna watch this.
Speaker 1: Mom was funny, So they appreciate now.
Speaker 5: But what's interesting is, without my asking, they both watched You're Killing Me, Like they both watched it out me saying you have to watch your mother.
Speaker 1: So that was and they were like, well, I'm you're funny. It's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you watch your old stop.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants to watch their old stuff back.
Speaker 5: Really, when I do something, it's done like move okay, I don't know, I think. I mean when I have been on Broadway, which I have been multiple times, the clips from those shows I will say I will go.
Speaker 1: Back and watch just they're such a triumph for me because it was so physically.
Speaker 5: Life altering and difficult to be on Broadway or be in the West play the West End. And when you go through something like that and you survive it, to me that that I'll watch for the rest of the stuff.
Speaker 2: We'll watch it for you.
Speaker 1: That I'm not going to judge myself anyway.
Speaker 4: So yeah, fair enough, all right, Hey mowive Brookes Shields coming up, hang around plays Brooke and you get out continues your chance between a thousand bucks, every.
Speaker 2: Call on it within ten minutes.
Speaker 4: All right, Ariana Grande playing right now and more We Brookshields next.
Speaker 1: Hate it's Brookshields.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hollywood icon. Brook Shields has taken over the show this morning.
Speaker 3: Brook.
Speaker 6: You're celebrating your twenty fifth wedding anniversary this year, aren't you.
Speaker 1: I told them not to get too comfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: I'm actually celebrating my tenth wedding anniversary, and ten years.
Speaker 3: Feels like a lifetime with my husband.
Speaker 6: Twenty five years, that's such an achievement, and I just think I need to know what are the tips? What do you do to keep the marriage alive and healthy in all of those things?
Speaker 2: Basicially in Hollywood, that's a huge milestone.
Speaker 5: Brook, Well, we we live in New York, so we're not in the Hollywood world in the thing. Yep, We've never been there. I've never been there. I've always lived in New York City. So I think that that just environment has something to do with it. Yeah, I think it's really hard. I don't think it's and you know, you forget to talk to the other person, forget you know, you forget to kiss some Hello, and you come in from a trip and like you have to remind yourself, and then you add kids to it. It's you know, it's really easy to lose sight of the relationship because it's all about the kids, and the kids go to college and then you're just left with the person and you're like, what do we do now. I don't think there's an I don't think that there's a trick.
Speaker 1: I think I mean, I think women and men and.
Speaker 5: Relationships grow at different paces, and I think that's the hardest thing because I'm always trying to grow and learn and you know, and like I've gone to therapy forever and my husband's like, how long have you been in therapy forever?
Speaker 1: Like really, where how's that going for you? I'm like, it's going very well, thank you very much. I'm still here with you, right.
Speaker 6: You don't want to know what I'd be like without it, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: But I think it's a it's a source of insecurity for men to think maybe they you know, they are a failable Yeah. I think you have to still keep talking about it, but it is I do not think it is easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I remember my mom always saying to me, like obviously kids are challenging and that's hard work. But the hardest job you will ever have is your marriage, and it's something that you constantly have to work at and pour into and both people need to pour into it as well.
Speaker 3: And yeah, don't usey in. I'm very much I'm pouring.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see if you can do twenty five like Brook.
Speaker 5: But it's true though, because it's very easy to get complacency.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: And by the way, the kids are easy because they're difficult, like you, just you can throw it all into them and then and all of a sudden, that's an easy distraction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just but it's.
Speaker 5: It's hard to grow and it's almost like unnatural because the adrenaline isn't the same and attraction isn't the same. And so you're like, oh, this is why people break up because there's a shiny new penny over there, and why not. Yeah, so I think it's I mean, I have a long view, which is what I'm holding on to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we are glad it's still working for your twenty five years later, and we are really we are looking forward to your killing me now.
Speaker 1: I I'm in New York.
Speaker 5: It's like it's like, separate bathrooms.
Speaker 2: Are there? We go, there's the tips and bathrooms.
Speaker 1: There's the answer there, it is right there.
Speaker 3: Separate bathrooms.
Speaker 2: All right, you're killing me.
Speaker 4: It's going to premiere August seventeen, only on stand. We are looking forward to watching it all episodes at once. Will drop by the way, which is great. You're not making us wait, Brookshields, thank you for coming on.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: I appreci shade it