Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts, hear more gold podcasts, playlists, and listen live on the free I Heart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Past, good Morning Rio, good Morning, first half hour of every show. Don't know why I was waving at you there, sort of thing they do on children's TV. They waive a lot, donate to the kids. The kids love a good wave, don't they do. We go around the team and we call it double thumbs up. We share our Friday recommendations, Rhea, What is it for you?
Speaker 3: Netflix has just dropped a whole new category. It was a couple of days ago. It's called the Culture Edit and it's my new obsession. It is a series of videos. They've got lots of different series. So one of them is Open Door, which is kind of like MTV cribs.
Speaker 4: Well it's so good.
Speaker 3: So it's like only ten minute episodes and you get to go into celebrities houses and they take you through it oh wow, and you'll find it becomes a bit of a hate watch because you really start to see how out of touch these celebrities are. Greneth Porlchow complaining about oh you wouldn't believe the trouble I had trying to get this chandelier from a chutau in France.
Speaker 5: Rich people's problems beyond first world problems.
Speaker 4: And it's not quiet.
Speaker 3: It's not quite as good as MTV Cribs because obviously MTV Cribs is rappers. Yes, and they have the craziest houses. But it's still good to have a lot of a little peeky boo. Choice Advance got a what do you call it? A bath tub in his dining room? Oh?
Speaker 4: Crazy?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 3: It's very odd, couldn't you You could?
Speaker 5: You could do both? Actually you could do both? All right? What's that?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 5: What's that called?
Speaker 4: That's called Open Door?
Speaker 3: And there's also another series called of Varying Quality. In the Bag and this is where celebrity is open what's.
Speaker 4: In their handbags? Often?
Speaker 3: Do you or you know dol Jygabata and tell them what's in there?
Speaker 1: No? I sign up to a substat once a week what's in mine?
Speaker 5: Now? And really is what is in your back?
Speaker 1: And the amount of stuff I end up buying because they go that was like a nice pen, and found I'm just waiting on some pens that I saw in last week's one of it.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I'd watched that. I love paying through other people's bags.
Speaker 4: Louis Therow's bag. This is what was it?
Speaker 1: Actually?
Speaker 4: What do you think would be in Louis.
Speaker 5: Pad pencils, AirPods?
Speaker 4: Correct, it is very dull and a.
Speaker 1: Penguin classic novel, so like Charles Pickwick papers.
Speaker 4: There is a memoir in there. There's also dental floss, rain proof trousers.
Speaker 1: Because that's a very Louis proof. Well, he lives in England just in case he needs to. You might think it odd, but I think that's good planning.
Speaker 3: And he also wears a neck gator is that what you would call it?
Speaker 4: Where he gets recognized in public too much? So he has like a scarf, oh like a snool? What's around London like this?
Speaker 5: Mate? I mean you're not that famous. What are people going to say? Oh, they like your documentaries.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't think hide behind a mouse.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you who does.
Speaker 1: Who has his own strategy for dealing people to recognize him as Ricky Gervase. I've never seen anyone I walk quickly Ricky. It's almost like a run. And his theory is by the time people have gone wait, is that he's two hundred meters.
Speaker 5: Up the road. He walks so quickly he powers powers.
Speaker 4: That's a great strategy.
Speaker 5: It's better than a net Gator, Patty, What's I for you? This week?
Speaker 6: A great series I Will Find You with Sam Worthington on Netflix.
Speaker 5: As one of the best shows of the year.
Speaker 4: Love this.
Speaker 5: That's relentless, isn't.
Speaker 6: It Based on Harlan Coben's book. He's executive director as well. I really like this And I won't tell you what the plot is about because it would give it away, but it's probably.
Speaker 5: The title probulic. You know, I Will Find You.
Speaker 4: I know it's kind of you're looking for.
Speaker 6: But he's really intense in this. I wasn't, to be honest, not that much of a fan of Sam Worthington and until I saw this and I thought, No, he's brilliant in this.
Speaker 5: He carries the whole thing.
Speaker 1: The actress also plays is a sister in law, is fantastic in it as well.
Speaker 5: She's brilliant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 6: I loved it and the backstories and how it's all unpeeled.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 6: I hadn't read the book before, so it was new to me. The other thing, we are rediscovering Supernatural with our fifteen year old. She loves that genre and she's right into it. And there was nothing better than Sunday. We were having a lazy day and we thought maybe we'll watch some after breakfast, so we called out, hey, do you want to come and watch some Supernatural? And she was there in a flash. And there is nothing better.
Speaker 1: Especially when you got like a couple of seasons. Yeah, that's why I mean the girls, I got them into probably a way too young age of Gray's Anatomy. Yeah, ten was too young and to a ten year old and eight year old. Both of them now have phobias about medicine stuff like that, and that actually is on me. But twenty four seasons, we're still hanging out.
Speaker 5: What's crazy? Dad? You actually did?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that is on me because everything goes wrong there, Yes, every week something must go wrong. It's not healthy for an eight year old and ten year old. But I know what you mean about having those shows you watch with your kids. People just search so much fuss about you've got to go and camping with your kids, and that is important, but actually that quality junk time watching it.
Speaker 5: It's the best just.
Speaker 6: Sitting on the couch right next to us in the moment, off our phones.
Speaker 5: You can say off your faces.
Speaker 6: No, but she's going camping with school and.
Speaker 1: So after breakfast or pants means five in the afternoon as he wakes up at four pm on a Saturday. And so.
Speaker 6: No, she's going on school camping four weeks. So I said to her last night, maybe it might be an idea to just go a bit lighter on the Supernatural because we're doing like three episodes a night.
Speaker 5: She might get scared.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 6: The next thing that I'm really excited peaching Kingston, Well, it's kind of like a pudding. It's on social media everywhere, this dessert, and I've made one for Rios to taste and seeks so easy. All you do get a packet I used to of Kingston Biscuits, line a cake tin or a baking dish, and then just smack on the top a whole can of peaches in syrup.
Speaker 4: That's all it is.
Speaker 6: Put it in the oven, and.
Speaker 5: I guess you've got a really old relative because they canned.
Speaker 4: It was so funny.
Speaker 6: When we opened the can, Chris and I were like, oh my god, we can't remember the last time peaches we were like six years gave you.
Speaker 5: I am saying that my grandparents home those ten peaches and pineapple.
Speaker 4: Chunks, and anyway, here you go.
Speaker 6: I it everywhere on Instagram, easy and it caramelizes really beautifully, like I'm on Master Chef.
Speaker 1: Okay, master Chef and out of the can best week is can we got master Chef?
Speaker 4: That is good?
Speaker 5: Is that nice? That is a pretty small mouthful there.
Speaker 3: He had?
Speaker 5: Oh wow, it is I won't have any more this year, but.
Speaker 6: I freeze the rest, like she says, turn the lights down low, put some Barry White.
Speaker 5: On, and you in reality.
Speaker 6: Okay, it is so easy. It's dead easy and a great Why Why are you not convinced?
Speaker 5: It's just he literally had the he's doing more, he's taking.
Speaker 4: It's actually very nice. It is.
Speaker 5: All right. Bizarrely.
Speaker 1: One of mine is actually Harlan Coben a series of his books. He's written lots of books and he's done his big megateal with Netflix. He's a genius thriller writer. But he's just done a deal now. He wrote a series of books a couple years ago about a sports agent who is also kind of a detective there were great series of books there, Myron Bollatar series. It's like six or seven of them, brilliant books.
Speaker 5: I love them.
Speaker 1: You'll read them in a day or two, really addictive. And I actually message him two years ago of interview years ago when we sort of kept in touch. So you've got to do the Myron series. This has been announce they're doing. It's bringing it to Netflix.
Speaker 4: You should get a car on that.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was hard for Hing the workout these books that Netflix keep buying.
Speaker 5: Haven't got any more of them, but.
Speaker 1: Anyway, the books are really really good. So looking for a good series of books right now. Harlan Coben is the author, and it's the Myron Bolotas series, really really good. And then I'm going to tell you now about a TV show and this won't be for all of you when you hear what's about. And I wasn't sure whether I was going to watch it, but I'm so glad I watched it. I've never seen a TV show like this. It's a dramatization of the bombing in nineteen eighty eight of pan Am one oh three. It's called the Bombing of pan Am one oh three. And over two hundred and seventy people lost their lives. I've never seen a dramatization that. It's a very on Netflix show. It's not showy, it's very methodical. It's made with real dignity at times is more than quiet silences.
Speaker 5: It is I've never seen a.
Speaker 1: TV show like it is a dramatization, but I tell you what it left me feeling is it's more of a humanization about a horrific terrorist attack.
Speaker 5: It is incredible.
Speaker 1: Just the relentless pursuit of justice from just everyday Scottish police officers and also in America as well. It took the families over twelve years to see justice and only one person was ever prosecuted for the attack. It's stood a great source of upset for the families. But they made this show with the permission of the families that made it, in consultation with them, in collaboration with them. So it's a very very I've never seen a dramatization like it. It's incredible, and the way they ended it was a very respectful note. But also afterwards as they start to show you the real pictures of the people that you just spent the last couple of episodes seeing actors play that I found I left the end of it thinking I want to be more like those people who were so kind.
Speaker 5: There's one of my favorites. The story is there were these Scottish.
Speaker 1: Mums who became known as the laundry women, and throughout watching it, I kept pausing a couple of times, going, my god, I wonder if that's.
Speaker 5: True or they just added that.
Speaker 1: And on the FBI's own website, they've got the story of these Scottish women who volunteered. There were so many pieces of evidence that they had to have they couldn't return it to all the families. The scene that everything went over in Scotland was over seven hundred and fifty miles wide. It's one of the biggest crime scenes in the world. And there were literally hundreds of thousands of pieces of items that belonged to various passages and they didn't just have enough time to return it to the families. And then these mums said, well, do you want us to clean the stuff up? We will send it back. We'll take charge of that. They thought would take a couple of weeks. It took them over a year, but they sent back all the items to the families and just seeing those women those small acts of kindness. It was incredibly, very very moving TV show. It's an amazing show, I would say, and that's one of my shows of the year. Wow really and it's not. It is really sad, but it's just so well done. It reminds you that there are more good people in the world doing great things as well, and that small acts of kindness really do make a difference in somebody's life. It's called the Bombing of pan Am one oh three. It's a strange recommendation for me, but asking me really what i've really what's moved me more this year and actually made me think about how can we be more more kind in the world, you know, and not when someone asks you to do something more and more a spirit of more generosity. That's what it made me feel at the end of it. Anyway, it's on Netflix. It's a fantastic show, beautifully made. Those are our recommendations.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show go On podcast