Speaker 1: A good pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura Burn.
Speaker 2: Bady what our windows down?
Speaker 3: My world?
Speaker 1: Reason the dust only good bad dog all down. I don't much, but yeah I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'll big get and what I want.
Speaker 4: It don't matter where. This is the.
Speaker 5: Pickup, Hi, guys, it's the pickup with Britt Hockey and Laura Burn.
Speaker 4: And it's Tuesday, and I feel like I have been hit by a bus my body. Let me just get you up to speed here. I for some reason said yes to Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: You said you were enjoying it last week.
Speaker 4: I am enjoying it like most days mentally. But I thought I was relatively fit and healthy, like you know. I thought, you know, I've got a base level of fitness.
Speaker 2: I love sports.
Speaker 1: I can kick a ball. I went in there, and.
Speaker 2: That's right, because you're a baller. Now you love basketball.
Speaker 1: I'm a baller.
Speaker 4: In my spare time, I shoot some hoops. So I thought, you know, I'm going in there with this really solid foundation. Oh my sull god, my whole body is bruised and batter.
Speaker 1: They supply you with a phisio. They're like, if anyone needs physio, I'm booked.
Speaker 2: In every day. I need everything.
Speaker 1: Yep, He's like, what's the problem today? I was like my own childer knee rib hip.
Speaker 5: I don't think that that's the most of your worries, though. I saw one of your dancing videos and your foot keeps getting caught in your skirt. I think the wardrobe malthfunction is a bigger worry for you at this point.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: So we did somebody we did.
Speaker 5: I did because I'm.
Speaker 1: A baller, I'm a hooper.
Speaker 4: We did some like a dress rehearsal, and my heel keeps getting stuck in my skirt and literally like basically pulling it off my body.
Speaker 5: Well, at least we know that's gonna make great TV when it does eventually happen.
Speaker 1: Raon't give me more points? No, I mean you're on it.
Speaker 4: You know, when you make a mistake, they say, hey, if you make a mistake, you have to play on. If my skirt is off and I'm in a G string.
Speaker 1: Is that play on? Or do you stop down?
Speaker 2: Play on?
Speaker 1: In a g stream?
Speaker 2: Just go for gold drop it.
Speaker 5: Your legs are looking so good that actually you might get extra points if you.
Speaker 4: Think I am sashing around a dance floor on national television and a g banger.
Speaker 5: I think you have to wear like skims underneath. Anyway, we can unpack.
Speaker 2: That another day. Look, we've got a very big show coming up for you guys.
Speaker 5: There is a man in Australia who's currently being investigated by her police because he's been wearing these sunglasses which are now available, which actually record whatever it is that he's seeing. I hate this and women have been caught out by his secret filming of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so shitty.
Speaker 4: So there's something I want to talk to you about, Laura. There is an American TikToker here in Australia at the moment that basically a lot of women are saying leave, go back home, like you should not be allowed to be in Australia and doing what you're doing.
Speaker 1: So his name is It's Polo Kid. That's his like TikTok Instagram name. He's this huge TikToker. He's got like one point two million followers.
Speaker 4: He's famous for filming videos where he hits on women, like he'll go up to them wherever he is, he hits on them. He has some banter, he posts it and it goes viral. The problem is he's in Australia now, he's actually in Sydney at the moment, and he has got these new glasses that Raise have produced. So Rayband have produced these glasses that look identical to a normal pair of ray Bands, but they film, They literally film whatever he's looking at. So he has been walking up to people like women on the beach in their bikinis whatever else. These women do not know they're being filmed. He's hitting on them, having these conversations with them, filming them while they're in their wimen where, posting it without their consent.
Speaker 1: And these videos are going viral.
Speaker 5: I mean, surely if someone like Rayband's making glasses, there's something on them. Like, I don't understand how you can make a pair of glasses look identical to a normal pair and then still be able to film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have look at this. They're exactly the same as ray Bands.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, They're like, there's nothing no.
Speaker 4: So this is where it gets worse, right, and this is what's really grinding my gears. Women have found out through other people that they've been filmed.
Speaker 1: They have messaged him.
Speaker 4: To say, hey, I did not consent to this, I did not know take my video down and he's blocking them, like block delete.
Speaker 2: Can just keep in contact for clout.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm just getting my head around the idea of these glasses. It's wild that in itself is like exploiting these women, but it's so dangerous for so many other reasons, Like you could walk into a public change room and be wearing those sunglasses. Like I think about going to the beach and walking into like a beach change room where women might be naked or people might be naked. It seems like something that should be illegal. Like it seems like something that if someone's wearing that, at least if someone's got a phone in their hand, you can kind of tell if someone's filming because of the way they've got to hold their phone. So totally wearing glasses, it's like they can get away with it without being detected.
Speaker 2: And what are they using that for?
Speaker 5: Like what about kids in parks or there's so many environments that make the people that are being filmed very vulnerable.
Speaker 4: It's so problematic even just like this is top level, what you just said is so much worse, But just think about like walking around your office or something, or your boss or whoever it is wearing these glasses and filming everything that happens, things that you think of private conversations to use against someoney.
Speaker 1: I think that's where it's going to go.
Speaker 4: Like, I think this is going to be used for some really negative, malicious things.
Speaker 1: More so than it's going to be used for good in the world.
Speaker 4: If you're going to do this, RAYBN needs to make something where if it's in cord mode, I don't know how it works, maybe are lights on it, maybe it changes color.
Speaker 1: Like people need to be aware that they're being filmed.
Speaker 4: I know in Japan you cannot take a photo on a phone in Japan without it making the shut a sound like it goes so that everyone.
Speaker 1: Is aware if there are secret photos and videos being taken. And I think that's really brilliant.
Speaker 5: In Australia, especially in useft Wales, because I'm sure the laws are different in every state, but it's illegal to record someone without their consent in usef Wales and can carry up to five years imprisonment.
Speaker 2: We even know this from radio, Like we've got to.
Speaker 5: Make people aware that they're being audio recorded for radio. We can't just secretly record them. And if something secretly recorded, you have to get their consent in order to play it out.
Speaker 1: But then how did paparazzi get away with that? Then are they in media? So it's like a different law because they film people all the time.
Speaker 5: I think it is because if you are deemed as a public figure, or you're deemed as a celebrity personality, then you kind of off limits from those sort of exemptions. I mean, it's interesting because having like a random dude hiding in a bush taking videos of you and your kid is very very intrusive.
Speaker 2: And we've talked about this before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember that years ago, they got you breastfeeding, and that was like one thing, take my photos I'm walking on the street. Another thing to impose on such a moment and then like display that all over the news.
Speaker 5: Also, I remember turn I was sitting on the grass, like in a park with a girlfriend of mine, having a chat, and I was breastfeeding my oldest daughter now and I remember looking across and he literally was hiding behind like the side of a wall and a bush, and I just saw the black lens of the camera And it wasn't until later that I saw who it was that walked past. I recognized the paparazzi and I was so enraged because I was like, you just hid to take photos of me feeding my kid? How is this news? And how is this something? It felt, and how is it okay? Yeah, it felt so invasive. I can only imagine how these women felt, especially probably humiliated.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I think kick him out. I can go back to America.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean he should be in a lot of trouble for doing these types of things.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: I had possibly the most wildest and quick turnaround to Africa in the last couple of days.
Speaker 1: I think you could say the weekend from hell almost.
Speaker 2: I feel really.
Speaker 5: Bad saying that, because we had this really beautiful reunion. My husband was on im, get me out of here. I took the kids over to South Africa for us to have this like very genuinely beautiful moment on TV where we got to see him again, and it was stunning, stunning, so emotional, so beautiful, so many tears.
Speaker 4: It was like there was not a dry ironshit. The video was so beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's gone viral, but well, I mean there's been a lot of comments.
Speaker 5: I don't know what constitutes viral these days, whatever, just it's viral.
Speaker 2: Go follow my Instagram Lady in Cat and Brittany Huk. I'm joking, no.
Speaker 5: But the thing is that I haven't really been able to talk about and for any parent who has done solo international travel with two young children, it's really really hard.
Speaker 1: Like I have trouble on my own, and that's hard too.
Speaker 5: But the thing is when you're traveling with two little kids, like my kids are four and five and doing three separate flights, which was what our trip over to South Africa was. It was like twenty four or twenty five hours of you as travel to get to see mat and we had the tantrum to trump all tantrums. So we got to Singapore and we had a one hour layover and I did.
Speaker 2: Not think it was the middle of the night.
Speaker 5: I get them off the plane and like they are so tired, absolutely wrecked, and on the plane they've both been playing with this sticker book, like they both got their own individual sticker books.
Speaker 2: Such a good travel hack.
Speaker 5: If you've got little kids on planes three hundred stickers each, Wow, Like there's no way you're going to get through three hundred stickers, Like we've got stickers for days. So we get off the plane, and it's at that point that Lola takes a single sticker from Marley's sticker book, just one. The tantrum that followed that went for forty five minutes until we boarded the next plane. Marley was so distressed by losing one single sticker that she tried to get naked because she couldn't handle the rage that she fell in her body.
Speaker 2: I'm so angry, I must be naked.
Speaker 5: I don't know what it is with my children that when they're angry, they get naked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lola's been known to take your pants off.
Speaker 2: Like I don't get nude when I get mad. I was gonna say, kids.
Speaker 4: Usually learn from their parents. So do you and Matt just have an argument of a dinner and something start taking clothes off for different You cooked tonight, BRA's off?
Speaker 1: No, you cook pants off?
Speaker 2: No, we surprisingly don't.
Speaker 5: I think it's because they've got so much rage in their little bodies and they need to get it out in some way, and they know they can't hit their sister, so instead they just strip. But this is the thing, right, Sometimes your kids will have arguments like the ground zero of the argument itself is so dumb. It's so dumb that it's almost impossible to have any like understanding or reasoning or anything with the most outrageously stupid argument. And that's where we were at in the middle of the night. Well, I want to make you feel a little bit better.
Speaker 4: Bree just wrote in and said my son had a tantrum because his ears were stuck to his head.
Speaker 2: Bless him.
Speaker 5: He's gonna be happy for that when he's older. My husband had to have her what's it called ears pinned back, and he paid a lot of money for that.
Speaker 4: He wants to get them taken off, so I don't think he's gonna okay. Hannah has written in and said my toddler had a tantrum because she decided that she hated her shadow and.
Speaker 1: It would have weaver. She couldn't get away from her shadow. Just turn the lights off. No, put it in a dark room. Turn the lights off.
Speaker 5: We've got Tory on the line. Tory, what did your toddler have a tantrum about?
Speaker 3: She was upset that the dog could not carry her up the stairs.
Speaker 2: Now dog, how big is the dog?
Speaker 3: He's a French bull dog, very little.
Speaker 1: Well, she wanted to like ride him up the stairs.
Speaker 3: No, she fully wanted him to use his paws and carry her up the stairs. Oh bless, she threw herself on the ground and she refused to come up.
Speaker 5: So understandable. Understandable, Tory. Thanks for the call, Jess. We've got Jess on the line. What did your told to have a tantrum about?
Speaker 6: She had a tantrum because we have two kitchen sinks and she only wanted one.
Speaker 2: Kids are so cooked?
Speaker 1: Did she know that people would die for two kitchen sinks? You're like, we're very lucky, Like that's last, that's expensive.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was like, it's not a fixable problem. They can't remove one.
Speaker 2: What was it about the two things that she was particularly upset about.
Speaker 6: I think she only had just realized we had two because there's always been a cover on one of them and I was cleaning it and so, yeah, not a good morning. Absolutely melt down over the realization that we had too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, her whole reality just changed. She freaked her out.
Speaker 5: Thanks for the cor Jazz, Sasha, what did your toddler have a tantrum about?
Speaker 7: Okay, so was actually me that had the tantrum, But essentially what my sister stole my imaginary Doug, and I was in hysteric.
Speaker 1: Oh you meant as a kid you had a tan? Yes?
Speaker 2: No, But like, how did you know that she's stolen it? If it was an imaginary I don't know.
Speaker 7: I would have been like four. And I came out and my sister then followed me, and she was patting the air and said, nice jucky, nice ducky.
Speaker 4: Do you know what, though, is if it's your imaginations made believe and someone's gaslighting you into thinking that has been stolen, I can understand.
Speaker 1: Why you would have believed that.
Speaker 4: Like, while your imagination sort of switched into your sister's narrative, I.
Speaker 2: Like, you're trying to breize in this bridge.
Speaker 1: I am, I can understand this robotiz. Yeah, I actually feel for you.
Speaker 2: Hey, Sasha, how old are you now?
Speaker 7: I'm twenty five.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad that you've held onto this for all these years.
Speaker 5: I hope you got your imaginary duck back and your parents intervene.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: I really did think though his question, like how old are you when you stop having these tantrums? Because I thought, like five, Marley's age five ish six, I thought that was on the other end of tantrums like that.
Speaker 5: I think Tired plays a massive, massive like a part in this. Also, you know you're never too old to miss your imaginary duck.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: We get asked a lot on our podcast, Life un Cut podcast about wedding questions and Hen's parties questions.
Speaker 1: And there's a thread that's going off in the Mama mea like community.
Speaker 4: Facebook group that has sparked a really big debate surrounding Hen's parties. So I'm just going to read it for you. A pretty good friend of mine is having a Hen's party. It's a two hundred and fifty dollars per person lunch. It's going to be a struggle to afford that in our budget, especially when I have the wedding in a few weeks, because I have to factor in expensive gifts, accommodation, and baby. She's the type of person who is going to be upset and angry if I don't go, and it will likely damage our friendship. So she goes on to say, like, knowing I can't afford it, do I put myself and my family first and not go? Knowing that she's got all these other expenses coming up, or does she have to like make some really personal cuts and cuts in her lifestyle and her family and home life so that she can afford this really expensive lunch so that she doesn't quote unquote lose her friend.
Speaker 5: I think Ken's parties in general are getting too expensive, absolutely really, And I get it, like, if you want to do something nice for your pre wedding celebrations, often that comes with a price tag. I mean, everything's kind of expensive at the moment. But I don't think that you can be angry at someone if they have said that they're not able to afford it. Like I think if it was free and they turned around and said, oh, I can't come, then you can have a reason to be like, well, you're not prioritize so it's important.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they hate you, Yeah, But if you're expecting.
Speaker 5: Someone to pay a lot of money to come to the wedding, They've got to pay for babysitters, they've got to buy a present, it's you know, they've got to travel to the wedding. I don't I think that you can be personally offended if someone tells you that they can't afford to go to your hens party.
Speaker 4: Well, it makes you think like for you to make the statement I might lose her as a friend if I don't go, Like spoiler, that's not a friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If a friend is going to drop.
Speaker 4: You because you say you can't afford to go to her HENS party, know when you're going to her wedding, I don't think that's a very good friend. But get this, According to Wedded Wonderland, Ozzie's are spending on average six hundred and fourteen dollars just on the HENS.
Speaker 2: I that's crazy. I actually can't believe that. I feel like that's too high.
Speaker 5: And when I think about it, I'm like I would normally I guess the kind of going rate amongst my friends. In the past few HENS parties I've been to has been over two hundred dollars, But six hundred seems absolutely crazy, Like where are these people going. They're going away on holidays, They're going away on mini vacations. Like it's one thing to have a lunch for a Hen's party, it's another thing to have like a full weekend away or something, and expect everyone to pay that sort of money.
Speaker 4: Well, even for the two hundred and fifty dollars for this lunch, Like this question, it was just a lunch and like true drinks or something. It's not like they're going to a buffet. It's not like they're going on a boat or it's nothing.
Speaker 1: Like elaborate or luxurious. That's just like a standard eat lunch. And what if you don't drink, Actually, that's a whole other thing.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of people who don't drink these days, and then they get footed with the same bill that everyone else is, like out of coke zero. I don't know my thing is, and like, I mean, I know I've already said it. But whatever hen's party you want to have, it's absolutely fine. You can organize and do whatever it is that you want to do, and it can be whatever price you want it to be. But you cannot be angry at people who don't want to go. I think that at the end of the day, if people opt in to spend that money because they want to be there and because they have very happily voluntarily paid that money. But you don't want people going and putting themselves into a financial situation that is like too hard for them simply because they're scared of disappointing you.
Speaker 2: Like that's a terrible place to be as a friend.
Speaker 4: Totally and my so my wedding later in the year is international because my fiance is international Hyman's overseas, so it's just.
Speaker 2: It's going to cost a bomb.
Speaker 4: But I had no expectations on anyone coming, and like, that's on me and I put on the invitation. I totally understand if there are people in a situation that this is unfathomable for them. Unfortunately, as like an international couple, this is how it is. But I don't want anyone to feel bad or guilty or if this is not on your agenda for twenty twenty five. And like, I genuinely mean that I would not hold one thing against anyone.
Speaker 5: That can't come, Britt, How would you feel if I didn't come? Though, Mate, it's too expected.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to be diplomatic, Like, I know how much you get paid, you're coming, We get paid the same amount.
Speaker 1: So yeah, no, I if you actually said.
Speaker 4: To me, I can't afford it, but oh yeah, I'm seeing what you spend your money on.
Speaker 1: You're coming, you're covering.
Speaker 2: You're there. But you know what even that got to take the kids got to pay for nannies, like.
Speaker 4: Tax deductible we'll do a podcast over there to a radio show.
Speaker 1: It's a tax deduct Yeah, I'll make my wedding tax to doc.
Speaker 5: I think we need to stop talking about how it's going to be your tax deduction.
Speaker 2: So I think that that ye not when joke. Yeah, taxing, let's get out of you.