Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Live from Level two twenty one to thirty one, Goodwood Street.
Speaker 2: Wretchman, this is.
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connal Breakfast Show on Nolburn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I know you laugh at us, pommies right about how we think it's a heat wave for eleven degrees.
Speaker 2: I am laughing at you. Look, how are we survived? Minus one? Will we make it to summer? Melbourne?
Speaker 3: It's minus one? Pat's going Yesterday's hot. It's the coldest day of the year. Today is the coldest.
Speaker 4: Day of the year.
Speaker 2: The ice age is here. I'm going to die out at the dinosaurs.
Speaker 4: I was going to call and see it's dangerous to continue.
Speaker 5: That's any given day for you.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, Pats. It is great to be working back with my friend Pats.
Speaker 5: Coming on.
Speaker 2: No, no, nothing, my friend Pats. It was great. Wasn't great yesterday when all the team everyone works on the show, all of us want you drinks.
Speaker 3: Yesterday the ratings came out and I was there. I looked around, I was there with all my buddies. Hey, Producer BECs producer BECs.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it great yesterday.
Speaker 3: When all of us who work on the show and support each other united in this mission to make this brave new show.
Speaker 2: Wasn't great when we went to the pub yesterday, it was so much fun. It's like close friends. We were showing every single person that works on the show, Mister Magoo, Brian, Tommy, Banana's, Sophie, Pat.
Speaker 4: Smith fun to hang out with friends.
Speaker 2: It is this great, It's great. Oh you weren't there.
Speaker 4: That didn't make it.
Speaker 2: No, tell you what you suddenly remembered, suddenly remembered you had a big meeting with the a f L.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm excited to announce that.
Speaker 2: He's the only one.
Speaker 3: He's the only one in Melbourne's got tickets and a pair from Gil.
Speaker 4: That'll be doing their Facebook live AFL show every Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It is great news that way, you suddenly remember that meeting there was I know you. There was no meeting.
Speaker 4: I've moved into that. Honestly, it's today. It's today.
Speaker 2: There was no meeting yesterday, No, there was. He looked away. Let me in. The wasn't a meeting yesterday?
Speaker 4: At once upon a time.
Speaker 3: New name for Jacket's the Jackstabora Everyone, Christian and the Jack Stabber in the morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Craras Show.
Speaker 3: Today we did manage to find a choir, not we actually you we have a choir last night actually recorded at the chorus for our song for Melbourne. You can hear that in the next hour or so. We'll also be talking about your midweek scores. And we've got more tickets you to go and see Red Hot Summer Live at eight thirty this morning. And I've got an idea. I've had this for a couple of days. It's to do with the Grand Final. Very excited is my first ever Grand Final on the new show New Life here in Melbourne. But just after eight o'clock all say it is a big ask. It is a huge, big ass. What this idea is. It's not a normal idea to do with the grand fight?
Speaker 4: Is it a big ask of the station or a big ask of the listeners?
Speaker 2: Everyone and the city and radio and the weather.
Speaker 3: It's minus one thousands, the antennae is frozen.
Speaker 2: They're even hearing our words right now.
Speaker 3: So one of you sent this to me yesterday and I thought we could have a bit fun with this to find our rap name. And obviously here on Gold no bigger rap station in Australia than us, we are wrapped one. I four point three to a lot of people to find your rap name. It's young and then the last thing you paid money for young, and then the last thing you paid money.
Speaker 2: For for me? I am Young Bottle of Sheererers on Special Thank you b WS acually BWS like a rap outfit.
Speaker 3: It's BWS. So I'm Young Bottle of Sheerers on special PATS.
Speaker 2: Who are you? What's your rap name?
Speaker 5: I'm Young lamb Chop.
Speaker 2: See that's a good rap name, Young Lamb Chops sounds like a badass Jack. What are you?
Speaker 4: Young red Roster?
Speaker 2: But Jack, that feels like you. You are a young red Rooster.
Speaker 4: We should do over the next the next break, we should get the start of a track, you know, on a rap track.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: They're very like I'm young bull Sho.
Speaker 2: That doesn't translate to like a rock song. They don't really do that, do they.
Speaker 3: And that's who they are, all right, So give us a call and let's work out your rap name. So it's young, and then the last thing you paid money for nine four one four, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So to find out your rap name this morning very easy. It's young and then whatever you last paid money for. So I'm young, wall of Sheer Hoers on special Jack.
Speaker 2: Is young, Red Rooster, I love that, and Pats is young. Lamb Chops cotor people on text.
Speaker 3: Then hello to Leroy Brown he said, yeah, listener and the DJB you stole his music feature.
Speaker 2: He's on light FM. Do not steal it.
Speaker 4: We both do a similar feature, but they're different.
Speaker 3: He is young seven to eleven coffee and Roxy is young. Bagel Tessa is young. Tandory Rap also shout out to our listener young light bulb to seventy. What by the way, uh, I'm glad that you're not. You're still on the watts over here with your lights Because in the UK a couple of years ago they brought in this stupid thing.
Speaker 2: Everyone's confused, lumins.
Speaker 4: Popping up more and more. Oh no, yeah, no way, what.
Speaker 2: Is the lumens?
Speaker 3: What didn't we all up the wattage worked? Is this to do with the eddied lights which we all have now is on the lumins. How many lumins is there? Those giant flashlights, the flood lights you've got at the MCG. How many loomers you think that is a zillion?
Speaker 4: That's sounded exactly like when you're asking your kid to say the biggest number that you can think of.
Speaker 5: I want him to bring back the screwing one still, you know, the old Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because you've got the screw ones and the bane at ones. You never know which ones.
Speaker 5: If you always get the wrong one, always.
Speaker 2: Joel's on the line, Good morning, Joel. All right then, Joel, let's find out your rap name.
Speaker 6: You are Young Truck Diesel.
Speaker 3: Awesome rap name. That's a that's a kicker's rap name. That's great, Young Truck Diesel. So if you want to take part this morning is simply Young. And then the last thing you paid money for give us a call nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian who Conwell Breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So this morning, well, how can you unlock and unleash your rap name? How you find out your rap name is Young? And then the last thing you paid money for, Peter, come morning?
Speaker 2: Money is Peter? Or is it the rapper? Young infringement? Young infringement sounds like a badass, young infringement in freement.
Speaker 1: That's floating fine.
Speaker 2: Young speeding fine last night?
Speaker 3: Right, okay, young infringement, all right, pizza, Thank you very much, Sharon.
Speaker 2: Hi, Christian high jack?
Speaker 4: How are you good?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Sharon.
Speaker 7: You're not going to give you a hard time check.
Speaker 5: I swear to God.
Speaker 2: Nervous.
Speaker 4: Then I could hear any voice.
Speaker 7: Christian, I could hear it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Sharon. What's your rap name?
Speaker 8: Young cheerlead of milk?
Speaker 2: Wow? Okay, young cheerleader milk. Thank you very much. You give us skill, sharanon have a good day. Uh, Dion, what's your rap name? Young?
Speaker 9: You think of?
Speaker 7: Refer to me as two young willies?
Speaker 4: I say again, two young willies.
Speaker 2: Buying those Facebook marketplace.
Speaker 4: I'm scared to ask Dan, but what are willies?
Speaker 7: Thirty three Willies coop?
Speaker 9: Which is a die Castle pictures?
Speaker 10: Yesterday?
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you for everything went really slow? Then all right we got the news on the way and could it be show four shows?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 3: No right answer on the early morning game. This is where I play you with at a couple of sound effects. You've got to guess what the song title is. No answers, right answers so far this week, however, I fear that the end is nigh. Some of you are sniffing around this. Okay, the shark is in the water, but you have no right answer so far. On nine four one four, one.
Speaker 1: Oh four three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Time for the early morning Game.
Speaker 4: It's six point thirty am and time to play the early morning game.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a song to me, Christian, thank you.
Speaker 4: You've got a feeling about this morning, don't you.
Speaker 2: I think it's going.
Speaker 4: What did the Angel cards tell you last night?
Speaker 3: I said too much yesterday. I'm annoyed with myself. I can't blame any of you.
Speaker 2: It's all my fault. I just come in this morning.
Speaker 3: There's an email from on the podcast that says they've cracked Tip but as always, so you've got to call him, but that I'm staring at that this morning, and he said you gave away accidentally a clue yesterday and I'm not a damn it. But let's find out you're gonna be on the line. Okay, let's go to Alex first of all. This morning, Good morning Alex. All right, yep, that's us, all right, Welcome to the show, Alex. Okay, let me belack one more time. Then this, this will clip. This other game works. There's a little clip with some sound effects. In the sound effects, you gotta put them all together. They are a song title. Here's the one that's been driving Melbourne nuts for the last six shows. All right, Alex, what can you hear? What's the song?
Speaker 8: I thought it was the cover of Boys of Ummer, but from your thing from yesterday.
Speaker 2: I reckon, I'm wrong, Alex. Tough look buddy, but thanks for trying to take it down. Have a good day, Alex. Go it's got to Joseph. Hello, are we cold calling people? This is a sales call.
Speaker 4: It's the cold stand to you.
Speaker 2: I reckon.
Speaker 4: People aren't ready warmed out? Cameron, Good miss Joseph. He's too slow.
Speaker 2: Something going on today? Good morning, Cameron, Cam. What do you think the song is? Mate?
Speaker 9: I reckon it might be more sex computer games before Yeah, one of.
Speaker 2: The common guests has been on the right answer. Cameron Ban, Good morning, guys, how are you. I'm pretty good, Ben, I hope you well this morning. Welcome to the show. What do you think the song is? Well, I was listening to some of the clues and I think it could be Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen because in that bitch it's got the Mario and Mario goes Mamma Mia, Mamma Mia, and I reckon, that's linked up with that.
Speaker 4: Whoa, Ben, If it's this, that's a that's an amazing guest review.
Speaker 2: Ben. That is some high level brain work that's gone on there. Ben.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to say, mate, it's not the right song, but thanks for the thinking. Christy, good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning. How are you. I'm going to go, Christy, I hope you're well. What's the song?
Speaker 10: I think it's back in time?
Speaker 2: Back in time? So the plane is like traveling back.
Speaker 8: Well, all the sound effects sound like they're from different time periods and they're most recent to more.
Speaker 10: In the past.
Speaker 2: Not the right answer, South Like, Christy, Chris, good morning, we're good, Chris. What's your song?
Speaker 4: I reckon, I've got this Africa.
Speaker 3: Africa, all right, let's have a listen to this. It's a lot, it's a big consonant, isn't it. You'd have to fly there. What would you hear?
Speaker 4: Why is Mario in there? That would be my question?
Speaker 2: Why is Mario?
Speaker 8: I don't know where the Mario come from.
Speaker 2: That's it, Chris, you already know it's not the right answer. Let's go to Matty. I'm pretty good, Matt.
Speaker 9: What's the song mate, I've Got Hairs for the Rising Sun by the Animals?
Speaker 2: Yeah, good song, that is, Matt. It's not the right one, okay, Connie, Yeah, hello, yeah, hello Connie, welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, Connie? What's your song?
Speaker 10: Learned of Confusion by Genesis?
Speaker 2: Land of Confusion? Yes, all right? Why Land of Confusion? Well?
Speaker 10: I think you gave away too much yesterday when you were talking about the other Genesis song and the way I started putting the pieces of the film clips together, it made sense and it's got all the elements to add up to that.
Speaker 4: Phil Collins clue after all.
Speaker 2: Of confusion?
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of confusing sound.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the plane that is true landing.
Speaker 3: Connie, you're a genius. You're a lot smarter than me. I couldn't sit on it so long. Oh no, I'm so disappointed in myself.
Speaker 2: Connie. Do you think if I hadn't ran I trapped too much yesterday, you wouldn't have got it?
Speaker 10: No, you're right, I wouldn't have gotten it.
Speaker 2: Connie. You worked it out. You worked it out.
Speaker 3: It's fair play. But that's quite right. It'spled back now land the plane landing confusing sounds. I said too much yesterday. When someone gets to peel connin song and I said, which one? Connie, You're obviously your ears pricked up. Then you were like, I've got him, I've got it.
Speaker 2: Ye, well done, well done, Connie's awesome. Get through, Connie. Then we will shower you with an amazing prize.
Speaker 3: This is a big new movie starring Eddie Izzard, comes out tomorrow in cinema. We will seen it and loved it. Jack said it was one of his films of the years, The Flip Side.
Speaker 4: So Connie, after six days of this not going off a bigger prize music ticket.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is the this is the big movie in sound, The Flip Side, Eddie Izzard, Who's a comedy greatness, new Australian comedy. You should be supporting Australian comedy films.
Speaker 4: Jack build up I thought we'd be.
Speaker 3: Giving if you informates, Connie, bring your family, bring your extended family, bring strangers, treat them to the Flip side Out in cinemas tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Well done, Connie, Thank you so much.
Speaker 10: Guys.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I am so annoyed with myself? I am so If I just kept my mouth shut, this would have run for another couple of days. You never would have guessed in a billion years. It's a tough one, isn't because it's so confusing. It's the South. But the song was this, it was.
Speaker 3: I should do an honormal mention as well to one light loan person who emailed me from Scotland, James Pete as well, Land of Confusion. That was the first email that came in today. Fine new clip tomorrow morning, and I'm giving away nothing, but I won't.
Speaker 2: Be available for Q and A. Just the clip will speak for itself. But I thought I had it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: The midweek Mixtape this week. We do this every Wednesday.
Speaker 3: We give you a theme and then from nine am until ten am you picked all the songs this week's theme songs that have spelling in them. There are a lot of songs that actually spell in the middle of some spell out their.
Speaker 2: Own song title.
Speaker 3: We'll think about this when one of the greatest, if not the greatest singer ever, Rutha Franklin, passed away and Ari spe c t And so we've got an old hour of brilliant music pick by you. I won't say which one is kicking off straight out of the nine o'clock news, but it is amazing and I'm surprised at station letting us play it.
Speaker 2: You shemy, it will make me very happy here it right. It's a great being up song. But I think people are going to look at the radio check the frequent Oh wow, they're going there. It's a great song.
Speaker 3: But it's a normal thing you'd hear at midnight at a wedding, isn't it. They break that out and everyone's on the dance floor. So that's at nine am. But there's some other great ones. John Cougarman in camp with roc K and the USA ABC Jackson five, We've got to play t N t AC DC. There's all the songs you've picked as well, all right, so I know it's the coldest down of the year.
Speaker 2: Is that right, Pats?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: One degree one degree minus four at cold Stream.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now you're out at Werribee, which to me, you might as well be living in New Zealand, you know, So what was it was?
Speaker 2: It even colder out there? You know?
Speaker 5: Surprisingly at like three am when I stumble out a bit, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Feel that cold.
Speaker 5: It's actually colder at this time of the day in Melbourne, just towards seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: Right, and you in the morning.
Speaker 3: But some people might not realize this, but Pat wakes up in the morning, she slides down a fireman's pole, drops.
Speaker 2: Straight into a bridge joneside the Banana Bunch. That's that's the lair that we say perhaps lives in. But you Jack have a technique you do to defroster the calf. There's a layer of ice on it.
Speaker 4: Well, you've got to put some water on it. And but this is not a tip.
Speaker 2: This is not a tip.
Speaker 4: I must have misspoken of. So there's a tip. I was wrestling the hose this morning because we have one of the coil hoses.
Speaker 2: It's like they're useless. Yeah, Pat hate them, yeah.
Speaker 4: Because and it's in the pitch black of darkness. You can't see where the it's all tangled. Oh my god, I wish I could see that yanking on the hose.
Speaker 2: It's like your earbuds, you know, when they all get tangled up and unwrapped them.
Speaker 4: But it's a thick yeah, hose, So then I can turn the hose on. It works near the hose, but as I try and pull it to a full extent, and it's fighting you. It's all tied up somewhere, so somewhere it's making a knot. And then the water as I get it to the car is only just a tiny spring drink. I'm doing a drip by drip this morning, and my hands a freezing up drip drip.
Speaker 2: But there's got to be easier ways. That's so much fat. The hose is cold itself, colder than the weather, the ice cold water.
Speaker 4: I know what my dad will always tell me, like to put a he puts a tablecloth on the front of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we put an old towel.
Speaker 4: But I never I never have the foresight.
Speaker 3: The night before you can't think the other one, which does involve you doing something the night before you get in the car. You turn the car on you know your flipping your visor. Yeah, right, the windscreen, the little visa there. You put that at about sort of five o'clock and the heaters on and let that do the work for you.
Speaker 5: And leave it on all night, leave it on all night.
Speaker 2: Talking about now just get leave it running for five minutes.
Speaker 5: Well, usually put the air con on as well and the demester, so you've got.
Speaker 2: Heat and cold.
Speaker 3: But if you have to flip, like the paddle of the visor into flexes, it's going up, it puts it back directly, it bounces it back down onto the WI.
Speaker 2: The night before, No, you do that in the morning. Oh okay, he did say the night before.
Speaker 5: That's what I said.
Speaker 1: Leave it on or.
Speaker 2: We got Was it still one last night, Pats?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I couldn't say it for fog. Fog, Yeah, we had fogg got out?
Speaker 2: She was it all going on out there? All right?
Speaker 3: It's five to seven. We got the news spot after seven this morning. Yesterday's AFL ground finel ticket fiasco. Maybe it was easy back in the day where we didn't have to try and go online to buy tickets.
Speaker 2: We queued for them. She's off again.
Speaker 5: Sorry, No, I'm just agreed. Sorry, it's a debarcle.
Speaker 2: Every year.
Speaker 4: Has well me.
Speaker 3: The things you've actually queued for are nine four one four, one oh four three, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, Good Morning Show, number fifty six for US today, busy show, we've got the midweek scores. Got more chance you to win VIP tickets, go out to Mornington, to the race course for red Hot Summer, going to see Barnty Live, jone jet, loads of others. Well that's at eight thirty this morning. Before that, then all talk about things that you've queued for. This was in a day before we all try and go online and crash ticket websites now trying to get tickets when they go on sale. This is what happened, I guess yesterday with the huge demand for this year's Grand Fire Or was that was that?
Speaker 2: What's I have gone on here? Pats?
Speaker 5: Oh it was, Yeah, it was pretty crazy. So fans left high and dry because they released three or tickets for three of the four finals, seemingly all at once, and the system just crashed it with it. So they're staggering it from eleven am today, which I kind of think they should have done in the first place. But it's the same every year. There's always woes with AFL.
Speaker 4: Finals think they could calculate it now and go, this is how many kickets on sale?
Speaker 2: These? Is it? How many?
Speaker 4: Roughly? How many people want them? Can our service take it? And some guy just goes I think she should be right.
Speaker 5: She'll be right mate.
Speaker 3: We think about the big megafranchise. Is the AFL all boils down to the people that run the world these days. It folk service, whatever job you're doing, it's the bane of our life, isn't it.
Speaker 2: We have it here right. It's rare that the transmitters and all this technology that can make us.
Speaker 3: We can someone play music to you and that goes well, but the it part of it, barely a day goes by.
Speaker 2: We're just a flipping printer. Work's here, So good luck. When there's thousands of us trying to get AFL tickets, it's going to go. There'd be some guy being yelled at.
Speaker 3: And I teach you remember the big BOSSI yesterday in town from Sydney doing a presentation, having a meltdown in front of the whole staff here because his PowerPoint fell over.
Speaker 2: Side slide one there was it was like a video link up.
Speaker 3: Only see this in movies where the president is speaking to like Seal Team six, but it's always crystal clear quality.
Speaker 2: They're now going to get David from It.
Speaker 5: Was like Dad getting angry, he's off.
Speaker 2: Today, where's the other guy? Get hear me? And was yelling at a guy in Sydney, yelling at a guy in the room and then doing a lot of this like well can you hear me?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 6: Can Sydney?
Speaker 4: Can you hear me?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: Be in mind, there's two hundred of us in the room going should we be here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And he's yelling at someone we don't know who's yelling at Go back two slides.
Speaker 2: I need something. I won't go back. I won't go on until slide one is I'm starting to lose my temper. You've already lost the temper.
Speaker 5: That's when I got scared when he said that.
Speaker 4: And you see people start peeling off the back of the crowd as well. Everybody all of a sudden find something else they want.
Speaker 2: To be going. There's a young kid there right who actually ran out the room. And you know you see sometimes see an adult. It's got a wobbly. Lower lip.
Speaker 5: Was quivering.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was sort of sprinted out to go and I don't know what they do with the racks here, you know, the codex and all this crap.
Speaker 2: And he goes to.
Speaker 6: Smart Wi for us.
Speaker 2: He is a guy him Sydney.
Speaker 3: Anyway, three hours later I saw him coming out of an alley wait down here in Richmond.
Speaker 10: Is that what you ran to have?
Speaker 2: You've been hid anyway.
Speaker 3: My point is whatever the world is now, it's run on these service and these databases trying to get tickets because we all have to go online and you get people that I've got these systems now that can hoover up the tickets before you know, the true fans. And I think there was a simpler time many many years ago when you had to physically go and queue outside of record shop for tickets to a festival or a gig, and you wait there for hours.
Speaker 2: Here was no guarantee you would even get tickets, and you physically have to sit there. He had to wait.
Speaker 3: You might have a little camping chair, some people would camp out the night. And also albums, you should do this summer in two thousand, queuing for an Oasis album, which I really shouldn't have bought the queuing for us. Their best albums had long gone by then the good times had to really start to play havoc with the songwriter. But anyway, in two thousand and queued for four hours to get an Oasis album from a record chop. I also remember Oasis did a really big gig, the biggest gig they ever did, quarter of a million people. It's really famous at the Nebworth quarter of a million people, and I remember queuing.
Speaker 2: Up for about nine hours to get tickets for me and three bats.
Speaker 4: So are you doing the overnight camp out?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 5: Then yeah that's commitment?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, was it?
Speaker 3: But tummin us why there was a great atmosphere in the queue. You're all there and you don't even think about the time you're spending. It's the only way, the only chance you're going to get to go and see your band. So this morning I want to know what have you queued for? Nine four one for one oh four three? The stories of what did you actually queue for?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 3: What have you queued out for? Nine four one o four three Good morning, Becky.
Speaker 9: Good morning, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good this morning. Happy Wednesday to you, Becky. What have youqued for?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 8: Bloody palms? Love a cue?
Speaker 2: Oh we do.
Speaker 3: We live for it with respect the queue. We don't like going places where they don't queue. I'm and my wife having a meltdown once in Italy because they weren't queuing properly and I had to almost get her sedated.
Speaker 2: And buy a drink. And she was like, but they know the queue. It works all over the world. How can they just live like this like this? Chris, we love a queue.
Speaker 8: I queued for a Q camp for Wimbledon tickets because they don't sell them on ticket tep.
Speaker 2: No, that's right there. You've got to queue out there.
Speaker 3: And as you found out, people will queue up for days to get wimbled and tennis tickets.
Speaker 2: They queue for days. I don't know how they do it. So how long do you have to que for, Becky?
Speaker 8: So you arrive on the Sunday morning and set up your camp about nine am, and then they'll give you a ticket. And if you're in the first thound and you kind of know you've got center cord, but you still don't know where you're actually sitting. No, and then you sleep and then they give you a Q camp guideline book.
Speaker 2: Ye, so, oh my god, it's British.
Speaker 4: Really have the queue down, pat, No, we do etique ticket book.
Speaker 3: You're allowed to leave the queue to go to the toilet people in front of him behind. You have to respect where you were in the queue, but you need to leave a person there. So how long in total?
Speaker 8: Little kid?
Speaker 2: I said?
Speaker 8: Do you not know of ticket master or ticket tech? You know, it's much easier than this whole camp in bull Craft.
Speaker 3: You want to kick down the line for that kind of come on, that kind of rebellious conty talk there, Becky, Becky?
Speaker 2: How many hours were queuing in total?
Speaker 8: Forty seven?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's horrendous, Becky. Did you even get did you get the center court tickets? Yes?
Speaker 8: I was front row and I saw Layton Hewett and Stan Watering Cut.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. And I tell you what. It's an amazing atmosphere in Wilwarden, isn't it? Yeah?
Speaker 7: It is?
Speaker 8: But jeez, I think I had three hours sleep in about seventy two hours.
Speaker 3: And also what people don't realize is right, it's a lot of did you see this. It's a lot of old people collapsed, sat on benches on the floor drunk where they just had too much. They sort of short circuits. A lot of old people unconscious and throwing up.
Speaker 8: It's Karnes had a siesta on Henry Hill halfway through the day.
Speaker 3: We haven't heard Tim Henman speak. He'll give anyone a CSD. Yeah, Hey, listen, Becky, thanks you call. I have a good day, Jody.
Speaker 11: Hello, good morning guys.
Speaker 6: How are you well?
Speaker 2: Good Jody? What have you queued out for me?
Speaker 11: So back in March nineteen eighty nine, I actually was allowed. I was fifteen years old. I desperately wanted to go to the Utube, Rattle and Hum tour with me. It was absolutely fantastic, and the tickets came on sale six months part of the concept. They said they were only going to do one or two shows. So I can somehow convince my parents, who torop me off at a shopping center complex at ninet pm on a weeknight and myself and three friends camped overnight for twelve hours. We ended up eight in the queue. We had amazing seats and yeah, it was really one of the best experiences I would say I had as a teenager. So we had our semis to hot chocolate, we had our sleeping bag, and yeah, I had a fabulous time.
Speaker 3: That's so cool, Jodey, because don't you find that the hassle, the huge house of doing the camping out, that only makes it as part of your store in the experience.
Speaker 11: Right, absolutely everyone, as you can imagine, we're singing you two songs. You know, it was just a wonderful experience. And then as the sun came up and it got closer to the time, yeah, it was. It was fantastic, so loved it. The concert did not disappoint. I don't know if you went to that one, Christian, but it.
Speaker 10: Was the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was an amazing album and taur all right, Jody, thank you very much. You cool? All right? Can the come this morning? Nine four one four one four three? What have you queued out for?
Speaker 1: On Camp four The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Last week on the show, it's about things that should be brought back. Powder Finger by by law, should be made to reunite. That's a Renette song.
Speaker 3: On my mind even again there will yeah there's been new legislation in parliament.
Speaker 2: You have to reform. We don't like each other. Get in a room and start jamming together. You're not listening to it. It's the law.
Speaker 3: Bring mak powderfing a great song seven thirty gold one O four point three. It's Christian O cornback Fisher. Before we get Patsy's news headlines. So I ran through a couple of coursing about the things you've queued out for?
Speaker 6: Kim, Hi, How are you going good? Kim? What have you cued for?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 7: Well, one mom in my late forties and my girlfriend and I were huge music fans and we used to queue out all the time in the city in front of Myers. We used to grab our sleep and bags and off we'd go. Mainly in Excess, I'd say would have been one of the most memorable ones.
Speaker 2: They were.
Speaker 3: Do you know what first band I ever saw live in London Wenby Arena was in Excess. They were amazing live. It was the first time I've ever seen a rock and roll bands before YouTube, when you used to see bands online or on TV, and they were he wasn't They were an amazing band live and what a front.
Speaker 2: Man Michael much. It's incredible stuff.
Speaker 7: Oh definitely, we were huge greens.
Speaker 2: So then how did it work at my? Did they open up the shopping center and you're queuing a line.
Speaker 7: I don't know if you've ever seen the boxing day sales, but you'd sit out the front the day with your sleeping bags and you'd all be out the front and they'd open the doors and then you'd have to run right through my. The ticket boxes are not about the third.
Speaker 2: People just pushing each other out the way and elbowing each other.
Speaker 6: Ecuators state of origin for it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely. And the funny thing was that wasn't the only ticket box like around, so like other people could have been getting to others before you, but you're still pushing and shoving.
Speaker 4: And yeah, they need that etiquette.
Speaker 2: Guide that just about the queue A right, thanks there, one last one, Kayla, let's make it you Good morning, kaylor, Good morning? All right? So yours isn't queuing out for a gig or a show? What's your one? No?
Speaker 8: So I camped out for three days for a block of land?
Speaker 2: How does that one? What a block of land?
Speaker 8: Pardon?
Speaker 2: What do you mean that you're queuing for a block of land.
Speaker 7: Yes, queuing for a block of land for three days.
Speaker 5: It's quite common in the outer verbs Christian because their demand is so high. In Melbourne, the property that it's not unheard of.
Speaker 12: Is it?
Speaker 3: So what you open up a field and then you'll just rush and just go and have this little quartetomy is very confused.
Speaker 5: So they have developments. They have developments with blocks for sale and it's usually at the land sales office at a certain time and date that it's open to the public. And then you Yet it's whoever's first in line.
Speaker 3: Is me feel very very anxious. I thought of this chaos, the queue not being respected.
Speaker 2: I feel sick.
Speaker 7: So what happened is we my partner and I thought we would have to camp out.
Speaker 8: But we only thought we would.
Speaker 7: Have to camp out the night before.
Speaker 8: But then on the Wednesday morning, someone put their deck chair out in the real estate agent and they started the queue.
Speaker 5: It was on the young and old.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much, you cool, have a good day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Then Melbourne got the news that you weren't the number one Most of them all sitting in the world first time in like eight or nine years. Obviously this was a big deal, not Sidney taking it off Vancouver normally that's your top three suddenly coming out nowhere over in Europe, Austria, Vienna, and so we were talking about this. We had the Lord Mayor Sudy cap On. We were reacting to that, and I was thinking maybe the Judges was swayed. There's only a couple of points in it by that rubbish song from the eighties Vienna by mitchi Ulturebox. So the only singer song I know in this great city is the young Jack Post. So I said to Jack, can you try and write a song for Melbourne? An anthem? And the Lord Mayor Sudly cap she loves this idea. So because you're wondering what's happened, it has gone quite because actually we've been making moves, doing deals behind the scenes, and Jack wrote the lyrics for this and it now sounds amazing. Bear in mind, just within a day or two I've been asked to do it. The news wasn't with you yet, no, and I think we.
Speaker 4: Almost thought about abandoning the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Until we heard a voice a voice from a car loot and a man called Anthony who gave me this one line.
Speaker 2: That's when I realized the green Shoots of Recovery were with us.
Speaker 3: Oh that's not his line. This is the chorus of the song. By the way, this is the chorus of the song. Now, who is the guy you found that.
Speaker 2: Does the singing. His name is Mike.
Speaker 4: He's from a prog rock band here in Melbourne called Toe Hyder.
Speaker 2: Of course they are that thing that you just heard.
Speaker 4: That's Anthony's lyrics, but then with Mike doing them, so they're in their proper place. Because I think your first idea was to drop Anthony's voice recording straight.
Speaker 3: Into the I think it's a huge mistake, but look, you know that's artistic differences between producers. But this is the chorus, and I thought this sounds amazing. We have got some plans for the song, but we need another couple of days so we can tell you exactly what we're going to do with it and how you might be to own this song as well. But here's how it sounds at the moment.
Speaker 6: Everybody listen to this double kid.
Speaker 2: Hicks.
Speaker 3: Back at Monday show, I said the only thing. The only thing we need is a kid's quiet, a school quiet. And when we get in nowhere then again an email Monday night from someone called Liz. Listen to the show. She says we can help out. Yesterday evening they recorded the chorus for us, so coming up next, you can hear it. It sounds amazing. You can also hear the sports commentary we're going to add in from the one and only our friend of the show, Hamish mcgloughlin. We had to get back in the studio yesterday to read it, which she wasn't too happy about, but you can hear that next as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Just hearing that song, Pats came out of her newsbooth and burst into the studio, which I've spoken to you about before. Well, speak to humorous source about again. You're not supposed to do that, okay, Remember the contract once a week is fine, but now up.
Speaker 2: To three times quoite is over. It's terrifying because Jack and I play sharp objects away case she we know the training protago in case she goes for one of us is that of snaps. It's like coming in the captain's cockpit. You're not allowed to do it anymore.
Speaker 3: Okay, But anyway, Pat's broke in and she said, we're playing the hadaway?
Speaker 2: What is love? And are you minus have that great movie Pats Night at the Rocks.
Speaker 5: It's brilliant with Will Ferrell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Chris Katan, who didn't go on to achieve the stellar career that Will Ferrell was still having.
Speaker 2: But guys, you remember the movie.
Speaker 3: There were two dim witted brothers and then they tried to own that set up that nightclub. Okay, that was their dream. You got the scene in the in the car listening to that song, nod in their head that way.
Speaker 2: What year? If you had to put a year on that, what do you think it is?
Speaker 4: I would guess ninety nine.
Speaker 5: No, I'm going to say I was thinking about that. I reckon two thousand and three, four, three or four.
Speaker 2: It's gonna have a nine ninety eight? Oh what's it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And you know what's depressing. I've just had a quick look online and the rotten Tomato score. You know, now everyone's a critic some morning their underpants. Living with mum in their thirties is a critic. Eleven percent.
Speaker 4: Oh no way, that is crazy.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: I love Rotten Tomatoes for guiding me towards movies, but for comedies, I don't no, that is.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a great movie. Okay, let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's update you then on the school choir and Hamis McGlocklin sports commentary.
Speaker 2: So the song for.
Speaker 3: Melbourne written by Jack Post, for this great city, and it's almost it's almost there.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're just tinkering with this. We've got the choir last night at nine o'clock. We'll tinker with that in the studio today.
Speaker 2: Get you know.
Speaker 3: So that's a guy that you put us into contact with, right who I've swapped emails with, going by the name Lachlan.
Speaker 2: He's been love because I think, actually it's you.
Speaker 3: It's the email he said back to me Friday was full of the kind of language that you would say, I'm very tired, I need to go and lie down for a bit.
Speaker 2: It was. And I know that that we're paying this guy through you, and I just got a horrible feeling. I never no one else in this station has spoken to him, apart from Jack Post or when I said like to ring and say thank you.
Speaker 3: Just have an email and it was a similar one to yours as well at me dot com. Something you know and it's it's you. He asked the boss yesterday, saying he wants a bit more money.
Speaker 2: Whiffs of you, it's you. I know it's you.
Speaker 5: Jack did get his text done last week exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's trying to fleece this station one way or another.
Speaker 4: Is helping me build the song. He's he was the guitarist on the track. He's also mixing, going to mix all these vocals in. I'm hoping that it's ready tomorrow.
Speaker 2: The fact that the turn around keeps getting extended.
Speaker 5: It's like a hostage payment. You know, I need a bit more money and I'll do another verse.
Speaker 2: Hamis Macgottlin.
Speaker 3: We got him to add a bit too, because I thought it'd be really nice in the song to have a little bit of sports commentary of this. This was a game at the MCG between Vienna Now at number one and Melbourne.
Speaker 13: Melbourne of Little David Now Vienna League was just seconds to go. One last roll of the dice fall in dispute, Melbourne burst out of the middle, they break the Vienna tackle. Now another Melbourne for under fifty somehow gets the gigaway a city holder spread.
Speaker 2: I've actually got goosebumps. I haven't been living here four months.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 2: I think that sounds brilliant. And then this is amazing.
Speaker 3: So for a week and a half getting nowhere with kids school choirs and then again email late Monday night. I must say thank you to listener Liz Tapotti from Vocal Art Studios for the girls choir. So she just emails me Monday night sanging here looking for school choir. I can helpoud. Yesterday evening she organizes herself. They recorded this, sent it into us late last night as well. Haven't listened to this. This sounds amazing.
Speaker 12: Fun in the album funny now just having fun. We having fun in the album.
Speaker 2: That sounds great, amazing, awesome.
Speaker 4: We said thanks so much.
Speaker 2: We were getting nowhere with the school choir and you came out. They looked like we weren't able to do it.
Speaker 3: So thanks so much that by the end of this week we'll give you details what what we're aiming to do. We're going to put up for a digital download and we're doing it for charity as well. The charity is Jack Is it Jay Post, you said that kids being around the corner that you couldn't show me but definitely exists.
Speaker 4: It's for Luckly we.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So we are midway through the twelfth week of this new breakfast show in Australia here in Melbourne, show number fifty six, and over the last couple of weeks we've been making the show with you and it's been an incredible I've been doing Breakfast Ready for twenty years and coming here it's we've been a dream. And what's been really really nice about it is how much you are up for doing radio our way, but making the show with us. We did this every Tuesday. We did it yesterday where we're doing five topic Tuesday. We run five phone ins at the same time, which shouldn't work on paper, but you may work every single week the song for Melbourne. You're going into studios late on a Tuesday night and singing on a girl's choir for us.
Speaker 2: Every Friday.
Speaker 3: You pick all the music for four hours for us, which is incredible. So now now I've got an even bigger ask. This might be one that's too far, but let's see if we can make this work. Here's the idea. Then, I'm obviously huge excited.
Speaker 2: This is going to be my.
Speaker 3: First Grand Final, and through getting to know Jack over the last couple of months, is hearing the excitement he has for it. This amazing sporting event, the highlight of a city with so many a calendar full every year of various sports events, but still the Grand Final, and even this morning here about just all the ticket demand for the games. I get sense of just what it's going to be like. I don't realize. I just thought it would be the day before, in the day. It's not the week before it as well, the week of it, the Brown level on the Monday, So I get it.
Speaker 2: It's going to be massive.
Speaker 3: Can't wait to be doing the radio show and actually watching it and being in the city seeing how it all changes.
Speaker 2: So I'm thinking we need to do something on the radio show. What can we do? Here is the idea? All right, just hear me out, Please don't judge straight away.
Speaker 5: Sounds like a disclaimer.
Speaker 2: It is all right. It is a full disclaimer. Just hear me out.
Speaker 3: Your first reaction will be I'm not sure about that. They could get hurt. Oh all right, they could get.
Speaker 2: Not the radio host.
Speaker 4: How long has this idea been percolating for? Is this one o'clock last night?
Speaker 1: Or do you know what?
Speaker 2: I think? Within a week of getting here.
Speaker 3: But I've had to build up the courage to go and pitch it to you and their management as well, and everyone had the same action. They're worried about people getting hurt. I don't think they get hurt. Okay, we're not doing it saying that we think anyone's going to get hurt. Because anyway, let me give you the idea. Okay, the idea is, she got the Grand Final. Okay, the big thing, the Grand Final. I want to host a Grand Final. Granny's kicking the ball. The furthes it can go. The grand that kicks it the furthest wins a thousand bucks, the Golden gran a grands enter.
Speaker 2: Only one grand can leave.
Speaker 12: I love it.
Speaker 2: Now. Let me assure you no grands will be hurt in this.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well that's where your mind. It's hard to for your mind.
Speaker 2: Frail old nana. They're not like that.
Speaker 3: There's a lady, right, I've spoken to hers. She's in a sixties. She goes to my gym. Right, she does these Olympic lifts. Okay, she's doing squats, clean and jerk. She Every other guy in there is looking around at her, right, she is so fait. Some grands now, they're in their fifties, they're in the sixties. They did triathlons. They're not these frail gerry actions we think they are. They have more active lives.
Speaker 2: Than we do. They're healthy a little lot of us who are younger as well. So here is the idea.
Speaker 3: It's a load of grannies, okay, trying to kick a ball the furthest We don't have a venue for this yet, but I do have a thousand bucks. So the first thing I really want to know is how far do you think they could kick it? They're not doing the fifty definitely.
Speaker 4: My first picture of a granny is someone really as old as the Queen. So I'm a picture of Queen.
Speaker 2: She's a great grand.
Speaker 4: Ninety. I'm going to raise that my thinking because at first I thought the Queen kicking the ball, She's not going to go ten meters.
Speaker 2: No, but you're right. Have you ever seen a kick one of those corkies? Though? She's got a hell of a right foot.
Speaker 3: If they get under her feet in the morning when she's at a bottle of rub the night before, they're going to right kick out the old Jacksie.
Speaker 4: You won't be allowed back. I think a grand fit young groan in the fifty six.
Speaker 2: Fifteen meters, big old wallet, right leg.
Speaker 4: I reckon, we could be looking at twenty five meters.
Speaker 2: Really, see this is a So the question this morning is think of your grand You might be in a fifties, you might be in her early sixties, maybe even seventies. Okay. Number one thing, No grands are running up to that ball.
Speaker 3: Okay if they want to have a little light jog or anything, and then wallop as far as I can. I think they get the best of three and then we measure it. I see you with one of those you know the things you sit the Olympics for the javelin.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, coming out, but they'll take measure and that little will you.
Speaker 4: Know you measuring it out as they as they get there. I don't have to run as far as they go in the javelin. I'll be in speaking distance.
Speaker 3: You're you're told you're a tall dude, So just one strive for you and you're well done, You've landed here just in fun, all right. So that's the question this morning is would your grand be up for this? You might even be a grand right now thinking I'm up for this. I'm a big Hawks fan. I will kick for the Hawks, yep, all right?
Speaker 4: Or even if your if your mum is a grand to your child, would we accept that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, So we're just looking at the moment. Are grands interested in doing this? Do you think your nan would be up for this?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So I've just shared my vision, my dream. But the Grand Final is our own event, a Grand Final, your NaNs.
Speaker 2: I might be talking to you. You might be a grand grand's now we're.
Speaker 3: In their forties, fifties, sixties, healthier than I've ever been done before. But the thing would be you kicking a ball, an AFL ball, as far as you can now. Hamis mcgonklin is this in all of this? He's been texting saying, my mum is sixty eight, she'd easily kick it twenty tail jack, and he sent me another one five minutes later. The more I think about it, she's doing thirty easily. Good morning, Hamish. We are looking for a commentator.
Speaker 2: He would be great. He hasn't offered it.
Speaker 3: He's putting his nan forward, but he's not offering his services. He's out there at the moment. He's waiting to see if NaNs are actually going to do this.
Speaker 6: Kerry, good morning, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 2: How are you? I'm good so, Kerry, you think that's a good idea? You fancy joining this?
Speaker 7: Absolutely?
Speaker 8: Join to heugh once?
Speaker 2: And do you mind if I ask you? Are you a grand?
Speaker 3: I am now one embarrassed you by asking your age. That's another of my business. A gentleman should ever ask a lady. But you're a healthy grand.
Speaker 7: Yes, I got to hold the month?
Speaker 2: Yeah sure, okay? And how far do you reckon? You kick able? Easily?
Speaker 9: Fifty?
Speaker 2: Whoa game on?
Speaker 4: Christian? To put that in context, there's some players in the AFL that when they market fifty, the comment dators go, this is outside.
Speaker 3: There's no way I'm kicking it fifty. There's no way you think you're easily going to do a fifty.
Speaker 2: That's brilliant. And who do you barrack for? Have you got an AFL team?
Speaker 11: I am a Tigers fan and have been for a long time.
Speaker 4: Right, okay, okay, So if we if we included Kerry, Tiger's a favorite to win the Grand Final. Kerry is going to be a favorite to win the Grande Competition.
Speaker 2: Strong words? And what do you do? Do you like to do? You have to do exercise and you're pretty fit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I play soccer.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, this one's got form, This one's You've got form, Kerry Kerry, Okay, listen, we got your details. We're definitely going to do this. Thanks to be in the first first us nan to answer everyone meank you. Kerry's in the house.
Speaker 9: Maddie, Hi Christian, welcome to Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Maddie.
Speaker 3: I never thought I'd start a new radio show in the city by asking people.
Speaker 2: Are you a granny?
Speaker 9: Definitely, very proud grandma?
Speaker 2: Great? How many grand kids you got? Just the one, just the one and little boy? Yeah? And who do you barrack for? You an AFL fan?
Speaker 11: Yes, I am being a Richmond supporter since nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 3: At the moment, there's a there's a lot of advocations for Tigers nance.
Speaker 2: And tell me this, Maddie. Okay, how far do you, reckon you kick the ball?
Speaker 7: Oh goody?
Speaker 4: If not more, they're all going big ah confident.
Speaker 2: We got a lot of cocky grands gooding this morning. Maddie. Thank you very much for jumping on board. We thank you for that. Kim, good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 7: How are you today?
Speaker 2: Well, we're very excited to speak to you. Kim, you're you're grand I am indeed of four okay, and you up for getting involved in my grand final?
Speaker 4: Of course?
Speaker 8: Of course mad Pie is supporter here, so something different from the previous to Richmond supporter got a pie.
Speaker 2: So support now up for this right or left foot? You're kicking it with Kim a right.
Speaker 7: And I've got all boys in the family, so football is in the family and I go every week, week in, week out.
Speaker 2: This is Britdi.
Speaker 4: You sound young, Kim, I'll say that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she does.
Speaker 7: Forty four with four grandchildren.
Speaker 2: Yes, what I'm older than you. I'm forty five. How can you have four grandkids at forty four?
Speaker 7: My oldest boys twenty four with two and the middle one twenty three with two.
Speaker 2: That is insane.
Speaker 7: It is indeed, g.
Speaker 2: I reckon, you'll be our youngest grand in the Grand Final forty four.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'll take that as a compliment, all right, all right, thanks Kim, Thank you very much everyone who's ringing us. If you've got more details, drop me a line. Email Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au. We're definitely going to do this. We need a venue, we need a commentator.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Every day this week.
Speaker 3: Then we got VIP package to go to Red Hot Summer to all the Saturday sold out in record time, so they've had their Sunday out at Mornington Racecourse to Sunday show on the twentieth or January. You can still get tickets through Ticketmaster. We've got a VIP package every single day this week for you and a mate to forget you as to get a signed album by Jimmy Barnes, who's just one of the many performers on the built Barnsey Jones Jet Diesel loads of.
Speaker 2: Them as well.
Speaker 3: And you also get those two beverage vouchers because that's the word everyone uses, beverage.
Speaker 2: Just in the pub yesterday I was that hayteam. Would you like some fresh beverages, mister Barman, some more beverages over here, please, everyone's very thirsty from bemverages.
Speaker 4: Do you have any beverage vouchers?
Speaker 2: I would like to play.
Speaker 5: Jack you went there.
Speaker 3: That's right, Old Jack Stabber wasn't there. It was a pictitious meeting with the A F L. Anyway, we have VIP packages to be one. And how are we doing this is Ozzy? Okay, we give you a line to sing. You call up and sing it this morning.
Speaker 2: Whe's Diesel. Tip of my tongue. You just repeat this line right on the tip of my tongue. What he just said? Okay, artist in residence to Jack Stabber, you ready with yours?
Speaker 4: I am ready pread on the tip of my tongue.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wait, I don't know what boy. That was another one the rejected muppets from Jim Henson's creations.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the powerhouse on the show. When it comes to singing, Patinkos, you ready, yeah.
Speaker 5: Right on the tip of my tu I've got that in my stereo at the moment.
Speaker 2: His album Really I Love Diesel?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that bar we went to yesterday corner stopped there playing live in a couple of his son as a big poster in the window.
Speaker 2: You should have been there, jamp, but you have that fiction.
Speaker 5: That's right, you went thereas hey.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm too late now, please don't do that again. Nine four one four one o four three is scaring the listeners nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 1: Give us a corner saying the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Every show this week.
Speaker 3: Then we got these VIP packages to send you some and see Red Hot Summer Tour. Saturday has already sold out. Sunday tickets still a edible. Go and see Barnsy joan Jet, also Diesel, loads of others. We're asking you to do Ozzie Oky every single day this week and sing for the tickets. It's diesel tipped my.
Speaker 2: Tongue this morning.
Speaker 1: You need to do.
Speaker 2: Just the next line. All right, let's take some callers.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Julian, Hello, Hello Julian, Welcome to a show trying to win some beverages.
Speaker 2: Yes you know it.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling fetal powered.
Speaker 2: Awesome lessa I hear your voice saying good luck, Julian.
Speaker 4: Right on the chip of matter.
Speaker 3: That strong start sets the bar very very high, Judy, and you're now the man to beat. They are Julian's tickets to lose. Jeannette, Annette, Hello, how are you very good?
Speaker 2: Just struggling with your name this morning? Annette? You're ready?
Speaker 7: I am ready.
Speaker 10: Right on the tip.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, Annette. It's a good one, but not as good as the big one we just had. Daryl, good morning, Good morning, Christian. Hey are you I'm pretty good? Are you well this morning?
Speaker 1: Daryl?
Speaker 13: Ah, thank you?
Speaker 2: Excellent? Okay, Daryl, good luck. If you go, buddy, light on the troop of myrto. It's better than that. It's very very good.
Speaker 4: Tracy, Yes, Tracy, we hear you having a little practicing.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the vocal warm up. You were doing that trade. Let's go Tracy, your work right now.
Speaker 2: You're at home? Were you are home? Okay? Were we in the front room, the kitchen? Where are we the both room? Which hurts you? There the echo we sounds it's good?
Speaker 4: Okaytacastics, Yeah, are you ready?
Speaker 7: Are ready?
Speaker 2: Okay? Are you? Are you stird? You're not sat down on you? Okay?
Speaker 10: Okay, fine, right on the tip of myto.
Speaker 2: It's enthusiastic. Yeah, we're not flushing it away yet, but pretty close. Thank you, Tracy. Jeffrey are you I'm pretty good, Jeff, And off you go. You ready, Jeff?
Speaker 10: Oh, I certainly am.
Speaker 2: Bring us to Jeff.
Speaker 10: Right on the tip of my tongue, all right.
Speaker 3: I don't think we need to take note. Hello, producers, note you don't look that wedge on the show this way?
Speaker 2: All eyes?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's them.
Speaker 3: I okay, it's to sing off now between Jeff and Julian. Two jays Julie, and you're back on one.
Speaker 2: Okay, right? You ready? Yep, you stunned us earlier. Rock us again right on the tip of my to the loud cough beforehands. Nice touch, Jeff, can you top anywhere near that? All right? Good luck?
Speaker 6: Right on the tip of my tongue.
Speaker 4: God, both right? Really really may be each other's v ipy guest.
Speaker 2: How about this just just for giggles, Can can you do both do it together? Let's see you at the same time? Three? Two one?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 7: One?
Speaker 4: How can we split them? How can we split them? Producers?
Speaker 2: Can we give both of them the IP tickets? I reckon, yes, we can. We give you both the IP tickets. There we go. Weldne. The producers said no, The Pommy says, yes, you're both going. Julian, you're going. If you're going, well done boys.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Look all right, it's cold. Pats has been saying every half.
Speaker 3: An hour the news it's the coldest day of the year. The ice age isn't coming Melbourne because it's getting down to five degrees. Everyone here takes the Micky out of me. Who I think it's really warm when it's like seventeen eighteen degrees, But also it is not freezing cold at one two three four five degrees. The dinosaurs didn't die out because it got down to four degrees anyway, Today's that why time waster Filu loaf off with the Breakfast Show is to make a movie colder, to take a movie and make it even colder. I've got free chili, thank you, You've got hello, thank you. I'm not hearing any golds because I'm bringing the goal two gold. Yeah, freeze, just not into you.
Speaker 5: He's good, yeah, yeah good.
Speaker 4: I hated the smugness with the which it was delivered, but I know, I know I'm firing golds knitwear on Elm Street.
Speaker 2: We're on Elms because it's a horror movie. He's chilly knitwear on Elm Street. One final one. These all gold so far. Yeah, this is exciting.
Speaker 3: Wow, this is where I normally blow it. I'm now looking at thinking is this the gold one?
Speaker 2: Thermal and Louise.
Speaker 4: Old goals?
Speaker 2: Very okay? So what have you got?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: Make a movie colder on the coldest day of the year here in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Frost Gump, damn it, that is very good. Chili Madison, Yes, brisky business and Shindler's brisk.
Speaker 2: No, we don't need that one. Don't need that one. Okay, text in it now. You know this has been.
Speaker 3: A TV film unit in right now, I'm doing postcasts tomorrow. They've come in to capture a bit of the show. Is that the best way, the best thing you can offer them? Oh, I don't think you need to tell them that a right, then textas yours make a movie colder, texting oh four seven five three one O four three, text me oh four seven five three one O four three will mark them next? Alright, the next our own music is the midweek mixtape.
Speaker 2: You pick all the music. We give you a theme every week. This morning Songs to have a spelling in kick it up with right hempc.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Time now for Jack post to mark you're at work time wastes. We do this every day at nine o'clock. Give you someone to try and get involved with the breakfast show. You don't have to call him. We don't need your calling in, so you can still do it while you're pretending to work. Today, the coldest day of the year is to make a movie Colder, so don't believe you'll get You think this is cold to me? I still think it. I might eat some tandloation out there today.
Speaker 5: You wait till summer.
Speaker 3: I can't. You're all right, so make a movie Colder Christian. I'm enjoying the Midweek mixtape. I was driving down the Monash spelling out YMCA with my arms. Let's getting some strange looks at Paul. That's because you might hands on the wheel, hands on the well. Okay, you need a designated driver then you can do the YMCA. But tree, you can do some of those letters.
Speaker 2: Just one arm, no unless you do a leg out the window or yeah, and then it is just an up the legs that are called to three. That's something else called Harry Potter and the Philosopher.
Speaker 3: Snow Combe silver plus bedknobs and ice picks, gold, wade and box here, well done, to chill a mocking bird.
Speaker 4: That's very good.
Speaker 2: Gold, Johnny Merritt, well done, dude. Where's my snowber bill? Mmmm? Silver stuff like Jason and Richmond hel Razor horror movie hell Raiser, hel By Helstones rasor Silver. I snow what you did last summer? I snow last summer. It grew on me.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 2: Charlie is a grower as well. God and Kilda. However, did you proud with the delivery? Honey?
Speaker 3: We froze the kids. That works on a couple of the US as well, because before there were kids you could freeze them technically, I like freezer sperm. Didn't think we needed to say that, but yeah, you went there, Thank you very much. What did we get for Aaron's mark?
Speaker 4: Gold?
Speaker 2: Alright? And in banks fifty frost dates? Yeah, it's all right, Silver, Miami ice gold, it's a good number. Stratos his back. Where have you been stratos all week. We missed you the Therminator silver plus men in blankets Plus that's a Jack in Elfington scarf face.
Speaker 4: That's me Jack in Elfington.
Speaker 2: What did you text him with that?
Speaker 4: I didn't. I didn't know there's another Jack in Elfington.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's quite it's quite a common name. Sorry, I didn't hear the next one scarf face that's good gold Vanessa and one last one cold finger. Yeah you know what.
Speaker 4: I had that and I didn't think it was good enough across it out see.
Speaker 3: Okay, who are we going to give away today's price? We've had a lot of sport price this week for Father's Day?
Speaker 2: Manyam blankets? Whoever said that? One of you get today's Navman dash cam.
Speaker 3: If you want to gain off here at Dad this weekend head online two Navman dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Well done everyone, great work.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We are doing our midweek mixtape where we give you the theme. You pick all the songs this morning. You hopefully enjoy music that have spelling in it. Some of them actually spell out the song title like Greatha Franklin with riespct. Still got loads more that you picked up until ten o'clock this morning. Early on today we were helping you find your rap name. All to do is you add young to the last thing you paid money for. So I found out what Jack's, I found out what Pats was my rap name and we are now ready team to form a rap collective as they call it. This is how we would sound together, Young Marvel of sheer Ass, show.
Speaker 5: Boy, Young Ruter Yo yo yo, this is Young Lamb Chops on the dial.
Speaker 3: Die yeah you read so catch us at the Red Summer Tour Mornington Racecourse. So if you want to play along in your offices today you can let us know yours on Facebook OC one o four to three to find out your rap name, then Young and the last thing you paid money.
Speaker 1: For the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, we are back tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: So today we need to find a venue, trophy makers and a load more grannies. Today it gave you my vision of for the Grand Final having our own Grand Final, a load of grands trying to kick the ball the furthest already having a couple of grands called in saying they're up for this. If you are interested, or your nam might be, or you might meet shoot me an email today Christian at Gold one o four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Title of today's show is the Jackstabber? Is that about me?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my friend?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Huggy is Do you know what I found out yesterday about Huggy? Yeah, he's been working here twenty seven years.
Speaker 5: Phenomenal. It's nearly got to be a record.
Speaker 2: Well do you think that he just got fired and he's never left realized?
Speaker 5: Like off of space like that movie, No, I don't downstairs in the dungeon.
Speaker 2: No one survives twenty seven years?
Speaker 5: Phenomenal.
Speaker 4: How old's the station? Did he one?
Speaker 2: Ten years? He was just sat here in a field. When are they going to build a radio station here?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three