Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I think, no matter what kind of weekend you have, even if you never managed to have a good weekend, often on Monday, you still got rattling around in your head like a pee and a can, some little thing you can't let go of.
Speaker 3: I woke up at three a m.
Speaker 2: And I suddenly had a better thing to say for an argument I had with my two teenage daughters. I literally had a huge meltdown with them Saturday morning. Let me just see if I can walk you through this, right, So you remember on Friday I was telling you how I was going to have the fast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, eighteen hours.
Speaker 3: No, I got it wrong.
Speaker 2: The clinic called me, going, someone off has heard your show today. You must not fast for eighteen hours. Were you going to do that seriously or was it a thing of the radio?
Speaker 3: No, I I've already started. I've got six bag for the first time.
Speaker 2: They be malnourished. No, No, twelve hours. You mustn't go any more than that. I was like, okay, thank you for calling and telling me how to be an adult. So anyway, I'm fast for twelve hours and then I get up in the morning, go straight to my blood taken, right to all of those Melbourne pathology places.
Speaker 3: I get there, there's a queue out the door. Right there, says your queue.
Speaker 2: And I don't know whether people are so bored at the moment just for something to do, to get out, they want to go and have their blood tested. So then I go in little water and I'll wait there over two hours. It's now up to fourteen hours, right. I go in to have mine, right, and I'm starting to fill all of had his water. The lady goes, when you last eight? I said, oh, it's eight o'clock now, ten ams eight o'clock yesterday, and she says, oh you have Oh sorry, love, you're gonna have to come back into the time.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, what what because you've fasted too long?
Speaker 3: Oh no, waiting room you go, she said something. I went, I've got those other people around. I don't I can't go.
Speaker 2: Oh excuse me, you know, especially doing this and as you think he is is pushing coming in and taking our jobs and now taking our cue using the blood. So I go home, right, and I'm really irritated, right, and I haven't een So you put this together. It's the perfect storm. I come into my house and there is a pile of cat vomit, right, and the kids there's cat vomit. Then they went, yeah, we know what, carry on watching TV Infurio already and I'm not clearing it up. And then they go, we're doing a minute. We thought we'd have our breakfast first. Then clear up, it doesn't work like that. How long has that been there? About an hour or so? You're just waiting for me to do that or your mum?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: And then I just literally had a meltdown. Went I'm going to go and have a shower and some seat and when I.
Speaker 3: Come back, that better not be there. And I could hear him going, oh, he's in a bag.
Speaker 2: And then I go flying back here and when I'm not in a bad mood, this is unacceptable.
Speaker 3: And then I did this classic dad run.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna get anywhere in your life if you don't do stuff like this. And then one of them it just looks at me and went, what does that even me? When they've actually got you with their boody logic?
Speaker 5: If?
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: But I won't I need.
Speaker 2: To eat, all right, So do not begin this week still in rage still with something rattling around in you, rage against your weekend. If you've woken up this morning and suddenly it's still there, some small thing over the weekend, an uncompleted argument or unfinished business, whatever it is. If there's a rant in you, we want to hear it this morning so you can you can dump it on the show and then begin your week cleansed lighter.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jackie Boy, what is it for you? What's your rage against the weekend?
Speaker 4: So the cat's obviously out of the bag. About this communal table tennis table that's open to all the public, that's just outside our house. Bank and I were loving it for the first week because it felt like we were the only ones who.
Speaker 3: Knew about it. It's got your own bats.
Speaker 4: We ordered bats, we've got our own balls, and we were playing every day. Now over the weekend, especially with the sun out, the place is crowded. It feels like all from you know, sunrise to sunset. Not only that, the families come in their cars, so now you can't get a car spot in the street because people lining the street with their cars crowding.
Speaker 3: Around the table.
Speaker 4: Block party Honestly, you think Roger Federer was playing at the table tennis table.
Speaker 3: It's the pre Open.
Speaker 4: That's the crowd that gathers at the table tennis table. So now not only could we play, we get home from the shops and we can't even find a part.
Speaker 3: Oh that would actually drive me nuts.
Speaker 4: I want to put up some kind of like out of order sign. It's not the table tennis.
Speaker 3: Actually, why don't won't you put signs of going? This is a tier one signe.
Speaker 4: Actually, I'm going to use this.
Speaker 2: Encourage listeners to put up fake tier one sites everywhere.
Speaker 3: Just snake and use a ping pong table.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jackie Boy is still raging about the communal table tennis that's just been installed across the road from the south. So I didn't realize that he can actually see it from your bedroom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I look out the shutters at people having fun on.
Speaker 3: What I really feel is my middle age.
Speaker 2: You've got shutters, and b you know how to use them properly, which is a spy on people.
Speaker 4: Imagine me in my sneakers and my shirts already with the table tennis bat in my hand, looking out those shutters. Waiting from my turn on the table.
Speaker 3: Got a pregnant wife as well, who's obviously not going to be able to move.
Speaker 4: That quickly exactly, So now's the time to play her, because she's better than me. Still, is a better than I going to strike while she's like under, you know, getting that. I don't want to say extra weight around but the baby.
Speaker 3: She's got.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say. People say, well, you're already controlling your words. Don't say, in fact, just stop talking. I don't want to say that's it.
Speaker 4: You can't say she's got extra weight because she's got the baby.
Speaker 3: Play that sound of it. This isn't the best example.
Speaker 2: There's a new feature now called get Yourself in Real Trouble with your other half by coolly up saying they on a.
Speaker 3: Few pounds nine four one oh fourth, she is growing a chance. Yes, yes, it's not extra weight, it's a baby. Hey, Tubby, all right, so who we got here? Stacy? Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Good on in Stacy. How was your weekend, Stacey?
Speaker 6: The weekends are right, it's just every morning that's I'm struggling with.
Speaker 2: Hang on, then let's play the music, Stacey, Rage against the weekend.
Speaker 3: What is it, mate?
Speaker 6: I have a neighbor that every morning, at five o'clock in the morning starts up. He's hotted up super with a sports exhaust.
Speaker 3: And that's a no sort of throb. It goes right through your house or through.
Speaker 6: Your feelings, absolutely absolutely, and went on in insomniac and I finally get back to sleep at about twenty past four, and at five o'clock that goes off.
Speaker 4: I would have no qualms with a law being you can't have loud motorbikes or cars anymore.
Speaker 2: Get more meat blowers only for ten minutes at the weekend on midday and then no more.
Speaker 6: But the problem is true even on the quiet weekends when he's not stout in his carriage. What a bloody holley.
Speaker 2: Oh double mmy, a whole garage up there of like really noisy modes of transport.
Speaker 3: It's got traction engine as well.
Speaker 6: Oh it's saying that true. He did tease me for a couple of weeks because he has another car in his garage and he started for a couple of weeks. It has no modification. It's like five for two weeks.
Speaker 2: I love seeing those guys at traffic lights I actually feel like getting out, just giving them a hug, going it's okay.
Speaker 3: It's okay. Who are you try? Impressed with that?
Speaker 2: They got the old racing sort of drop his bucket seat, as were those seat.
Speaker 3: Belt ricaro racing all over. You know, it's a supers I think, what is going on? Mate?
Speaker 2: There's too much going on here? Dad didn't hug you enough? Did he let have one from it? It's over now, my friend, pull over it.
Speaker 6: He deserves more than a hug.
Speaker 2: All right, Stacy, I hope that's how getting off your chest with us?
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to Hoho. We got here. Grant, good morning, Grant.
Speaker 5: Here you go on.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Grant. I hope you're well. Okay, what is your what's still irritating you from your weekend?
Speaker 5: I really irritated me last night watching the fiftieth anniversary of Hey Hay Saturday. Now is the caliber of a show like that Hey Saturday on a Sunday night? I thought, Fiddlesticks, Why.
Speaker 3: You're quite right, that is sloppy scheduling. Why didn't they do on a Saturday when it used to be on?
Speaker 5: I don't know, it's just the thing weird like it was such a great show when it was on. There's nothing like it now.
Speaker 3: All right, then, Grant, thank you very much your call. Give us a call. What is your rage against your weekend? Then? Do not begin the weekendry well?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jamie Is texted me, Christian, of pigeons have an orgy on my roof every morning and night. Bloody, they're around the old pigeons, aren't they, Jamie. Christian. I book a hard rubbish collection. I hope we've morphed into three w rage against the mitchell. I booked a hard rubbish collection for last week and they still haven't showed up.
Speaker 3: Eight exclamation marks.
Speaker 2: That's what someone was really angry online, isn't it where they overuse exclamation mark? I called them up Friday afternoon of my addresses on the list. Seriously, don't know how I'm going to cope with another week of rubbish on my nature strip. Debbie's rage against the weekend is simply springtime allergies.
Speaker 3: All right, Amory's on the line. Good morning a.
Speaker 1: Marie, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 7: And to the rest of the people, was in there.
Speaker 2: The old collective Symposium doesn't matter, it's irrelevant.
Speaker 3: Just remember mine d and the other fellow it's gone. This is Jack and Marie. Nice to meet you. Are you?
Speaker 4: Did you know that my dad's name was Jack?
Speaker 7: So I said, know you?
Speaker 2: Easy to remember next time. AnyWho, Amrie, what is your rage against the weekend?
Speaker 7: My rage against the weekend was a couple of possums deciding to make babies about three o'clock this morning. Yeah my bedroom window. Yeah, that noise and it's it's really scary because I've got a French bulldog and since she hears that noise, she puts outside and I think, no, you can't know it there because she could be attacked. And I so, yeah, can someone?
Speaker 6: Can I get rid of these possums?
Speaker 4: Very vicious possums. If you're taking down the dog.
Speaker 2: Well that lamb anyone you turned separate them once they're at it was that locked in, they will go for a French bulldog or a human being.
Speaker 4: But though noises that possums make will surprise you. The first time I heard the possum noise, I couldn't believe that that's what was coming out of the mouth.
Speaker 3: People have never heard that noise before. Could you recreate it now.
Speaker 4: So mine wasn't a love making. But I heard two possums fighting and it.
Speaker 5: Was it was like, that's what love making.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought they like it rough. There is a lot of rough play, was guys. It's just consensual, you know what is going on? They it looks like they're fighting.
Speaker 3: They're not. It's rough and tumble. Oh it sounded so violent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'll tell you the other thing as well about when they do that. I don't know if it's afterwards, you know, because they're happy, but they what is about that possum poop?
Speaker 3: Right? My dogs keep rolling r like they got cat.
Speaker 2: They get their eyes go and what they does someone to their fer don't know what the smell is. And no matter how much you rinse them offul shampoo them, it stinks all day long.
Speaker 4: That I looked up why they did that, because Luna was was doing that so much.
Speaker 3: I looked up.
Speaker 4: While they do that, it's to hang over from their wool days when there were hunters and they would roll in poo to cloak their smell so that they could you know, creep up on their victims and they wouldn't be smelling victims praying.
Speaker 2: He's gone a bit big on this whole possum thing, and dogs out on their way. Yeah, hello to everyone else in there.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells Show podcast.