Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three. Chris John O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good morning, it's two minutes past six Monday morning. It's sufficient Color Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three. Hey, good morning, Pats.
Speaker 3: Hey, how are you going?
Speaker 2: Do you know what what your class act? Pat did something inquitable for me and my wife On Friday night. We go to this restaurant. A lady comes over with a bottle of champagne. She goes, these two glasses are on, Pats.
Speaker 4: It's just well, I just it was you know, it was date night, and I know it's been hectic for the two of you, and you're finally giving yourself some time, which you.
Speaker 3: Should as parents. And I thought it was just a small well I was grazing up to the boss.
Speaker 5: Let's say what. I felt a little bit like that. How did you even know where he is?
Speaker 2: Hey? Hey news, Yeah Scoop in Melbourne. Yeah, she knows everything. I was so taken about that. My wife and I'm really really touched by our kindness to do that.
Speaker 3: Well, that's all right, you're welcome. Did you have a good night.
Speaker 2: We did. We had a really really nice sight that is study quite badly. I'll come on to that later on this morning. Recommendation for someone on the show about go to this place. You know, my wife's getting over major acl surgeon, so she can't walk too far. Nick car produce, so I'll get into him right now. He can go under the bus. He said, go to his place. It's cocktails and food. We get there, I know there's no cocktails. The bar shut for six weeks. We have to walk. My wife is hobbling in the rain, and it's not my fault, but you know what's like in a relationship, if somehow I'm responsible, it is my fault. It's pouring with rain, friding out, that storm building up. Yeah, and I know Nick is the producer of this show, but take me.
Speaker 5: You used him more as your personal assistant, I seem to find so, yeah, I guess he's going to be reprimanded.
Speaker 2: For absolutely right word, reprimanded for the show. Reprimanded. All right, so we know what did you get up to at the weekend. Obviously the World Cup has kicked off. There's been some upsets. You were ropped by the cheating French. Thank you, Yes, yes, seriously, I didn't realize you were playing the national French diving team.
Speaker 5: And now the video replay robberish is the number one enemy of all Australians everywhere.
Speaker 2: And of a great game. It's clunky, useless and he got it wrong. Yeah, and why are then in that little room looking at those monitors wearing referees kits? You see them all? Yes, why you could wear anything. You're in fancy dress. You're not the referee, you're in it. You're in front of a monitor. Losers. You can't even get it right. And why is there so many of them as well? They have twenty people in there, all just staring at the same video feeds. It's like a TV warehouse in there. All right, So what's your three word weekend? What's it for you? What's the story of your weekend? In three words?
Speaker 3: Game board rage?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think we can slowly piece you do it for us.
Speaker 3: Pats What happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, yeah, welcome to radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know I'm a bit of sleeper.
Speaker 2: We need two regards of that champagne race.
Speaker 4: No, Well, it was a good day for a board game yesterday because the weather was so feral, So we thought we'll have a board game day a.
Speaker 2: Minute, hang on a minute. Feral to me means rogue, you know, rough kids or something fell. I didn't know the weather can be described as feral.
Speaker 4: Well it was at our house as well, so we had board games. I played with two of the most prolific cheatas.
Speaker 3: Who knew that a six year old could be so corrupt?
Speaker 2: Spelling Australian spirit. You play to win? What were you playing? Oh?
Speaker 4: Well, we started with trouble and that ended in tears. So then we moved on to operation. And then my husband was taking the batteries out of it so that it wouldn't buzz. So I just threw my arms up in the air and I said, I give up.
Speaker 2: Go to the video replay the batteries.
Speaker 3: That were just shocking.
Speaker 2: All right, let us know then, what's the story of your weekend in three words?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast, Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Tell us the story of your weekend in three words. We're looking for your three word weekend on nine four one four one o four three some of the better stories and course we've got some double gold cast vouchers some passes you can win on nine four one four one oh four three. Darren, Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Good morning, Darren. How are you very good? Thanks yourself the sound. I'm pretty good. I'm going to be answering you. I'm slightly nervous today and I'm happy to be back at work weeknd with three on the show. But England start their World Cup campaign, well, it would have finished by now at four am tomorrow morning, and if the last couple of tournaments anything to go by, it will be underwhelming, It'll be ugly and it will be depressing. So I now everyone else is excited your teams have played. I know you know Australia were very very unlucky. You played really really well. But I am I'm tent. I'm expecting a car crash of a game that always happens, so that's how I am down. So anyway, tell me about your weekend, Darren.
Speaker 6: Well, after a dreary all weekend, I was just sitting down in front of the PERS four with my son playing Street Fighter too. It's pretty much it.
Speaker 2: I just didn't want to leave the room. Do you know what? There's a throwback game I remember there used to be the old game. You get an Arcades of street Fighter, the first one. I love playing that. Can you still doing the jumping back kick and the spinning backfist? The used to make that noise rock? And that's all I can do is so two things I didn't know how to do anything else. Yeah, let's all you can do more.
Speaker 5: Now, right, it's not the classic game on PERS four. It must be an updated edition.
Speaker 2: Seriously, it's a thirty anniversary edition. It's got like most of them in one compilation. And so tell me now, obviously because of the weather, the games work. Now, are you up on your feet actually punching and kicking and doing spinning back kicks and taking out the front run one years old?
Speaker 7: You give me off the count?
Speaker 2: And how long how long do you think you were playing in total over the weekend? I'll probably five out increments, so incriminals. Wow, incredible. See you your World Cup of Street Fights at the weekend? Pretty much?
Speaker 5: How long did your intermission go for Darren? Between rounds?
Speaker 2: Two minutes? Talet breaks probably back into another fire. Yeah you need like a corner man sort of spraying you and taking your gum shield out, all right? D thank you very much. Cool. Have a good week you too, alright your three word weekend on nine four one four one o four three Mac, good morning, good morning, I see how are you doing. I'm pretty good, Matt. And what's your three word weekend? I had a post exam blowout. What happened? After four and a half years twenty four subjects, I'll finally finished my degree at forty two years old. Congratulation. Wow, and what are you now qualified? Him? What have you got your to in? Oh, I'm still a waiting for my four weeks away for my final results.
Speaker 6: But I'll have a Bachelor of Health sidela bachelor very happy.
Speaker 2: Silence.
Speaker 5: Now, Matt, you did you return from the workforce to studying or you're a Van Wilder type who just keeps deferring every year.
Speaker 2: So that you can go to the student parties. Oh, look, I had to do it online. I'm still working full time at the same time I was. I missed around at school. It's just a social thing for me. So I found out after a few years I've actually got a brain in my head. Yeah. So you obviously got a full time job and then you're plugging away for hours learning online. And doing your papers. Yeah, my Paul, I haven't seen the Life for four and a half years, so I mean it kind of really quite much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four points three.
Speaker 2: Come on, it's a Christian O'Connor breakfast show for Crown, just coming up for seventeen minutes past six, Jack, what will be the three word weekend for you? What did you get to over the weekend? Popcorn without movie? Right? Okay, I don't know if you can't count, or something that's about at a compound word I've used without as a compound word. That's cute, that's cute, nice? Comeback? Do you guys do this? Pats as well?
Speaker 5: Ever, go past the cinema, get your wife to pull over the car, go in and get some popcorn and come back to the car and eat the park without saying a film.
Speaker 2: Never ever done that in my life, and I don't think anyone listening in Melbourne right now has ever done that either.
Speaker 5: Oh well, jump if can we get them on the text line or something? If you've gone to get popcorn without seeing the film.
Speaker 2: But one normally is the most expensive place to get the pop yeah, buy yourself and make it a home.
Speaker 5: I know, but we would we would just ride at the cinema and I really felt like it. And you're right, you do pray a premium for the popcorn at the cinema, but.
Speaker 2: It's all made. It's there for you, and so do you just got young to stop the car and you went in and got popcorn and walks out, jumped back in the passenger seating. Off we go.
Speaker 3: Are you are you having or something to say?
Speaker 2: It's Jack pregnant. Well there's a new story for Melbourne. Man pregnant. That's incredible. So did it taste better because it's cinema popcorn? It always does when you make it at home, it's never as good. No, And we're trying.
Speaker 5: Bianca is trying to do this mental He's melting the butter and put it in with the kernels.
Speaker 3: But it's never not the same microwave stuff's pretty mud.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's not the same taste of microwave. I don't know what the taste of microwave is, but it's it's not the same. It's the same with I know you can buy these pizzas now that pizza chains actually do as well, but when you make it at home, it's not the same. It doesn't taste as good as don't know what we're missing, but it's just not quite the same. All right, my three word weekend. I'll tell you about next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one. Oh four point three.
Speaker 2: This is Gold one, I've four point three good morning. It's for Christian O'Connor breakfast show. This week is back the ten kraby work day and it will go this week. The boss has obviously had a big weekend and back at the old tracks, tucked into a couple of big bottles of chin and we got a drunken voicemail from the Boss late last night saying that ten k must go this week. So it will go at some point. She's got to keep this thing between now and six o'clock Monday to Friday on win ten thousand dollars. Sharon, good morning.
Speaker 8: Hi Christian. I'm sorry, but I have to pack jack up on the popcorn thing because I used to do the exact same thing when my sister was pregnant and I worked with my sister just to be at every day. I'd get a phone call for me saying, can you call into the cinema and get me some popcorn? Please become claving.
Speaker 2: Popcorn a breeze, Sharon.
Speaker 5: That is an expensive nine months.
Speaker 8: Very expensive. But I tell you what, I was a best love sister around Ah.
Speaker 2: That's so good. So hey you. But Sharon, in that circumstance, I understand it. Your sister's pregnant, she's got the cravings.
Speaker 8: Unless Jack, unless check, Well, I'm Jack's welcome news story, isn't it, well.
Speaker 2: A little baby, Jack, huh, I just like popcorn. It's it's really that. It sounds like a denial, Pats.
Speaker 8: You know, popcorn is a bitch. You can't go past the cinema popcorn. So but I'll bet I've got you back on this one.
Speaker 2: Check. So you're all good, Thank you, Sharon.
Speaker 5: And it sounds like you interrupted, Pat saying men can actually have babies?
Speaker 3: Is that what I was gonna say?
Speaker 4: Men can get the Chris got the cravings when I was pregnant with Audrey.
Speaker 2: My wife's not pregnant either, though. No, It's sorry, it sounds like someone's going a bit snappy over there. Okay, Jack, let's go to jim Come on, and jimbo I'm pretty good, Jim. If you go, then what's your three word weekend? Big?
Speaker 5: Strange TV?
Speaker 2: Get it? He's got a big old TV there of your Jim, how BIG's your TV? You got looking at sixty five or seventy one? Whoa cinema screen? You're got to ring the council and ask for extra power to go around Gym's I'm in awe, in awe of you one hundred and nine. Yeah, that's a wall. It's a TV. The wall Christian.
Speaker 5: You bought your TV last week. You're probably looking to see if you've still got your seat. Now take it back and return it for the one o nine in.
Speaker 3: The one nine it with you men, and tell the sizes.
Speaker 2: It means everything. Size is everything.
Speaker 7: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty cool, Jim. And what were you watching this weekend? Do you watch the soccer or AFL? What we're watching on your giant cinema?
Speaker 8: Watching movies?
Speaker 5: Actually, we've got a bad Teacher.
Speaker 9: Blues Brothers is a bad Cats and Dogs some other ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's see if Jack seen any of those Blues Brothers we found out Friday.
Speaker 5: You've not seen I've seen Blues Brothers. Bad Teacher now, I have seen a lot of newer movies, but I haven't seen Bad teachert Raining Cats and Dogs.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what that is. Is that kids film?
Speaker 5: Jimmy, what's what's raining cats and dogs?
Speaker 2: He hates you kids movies having with my grandson. Yeah, yeah, I haven't seen it. Yeah, all right, jim you look after that big TV. You have a good week.
Speaker 1: Textical on the show the Christian Hook on a breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, let's give this a go. No idea if this is going to work. Goodring. So six thirty eight, it's the Christian O'Connor breakfast Show here on Gold one oh four point three. It's the start of week three for us. And I said to Jack, you be in charge of the early morning game or game we play with you. Between half six and seven we had two glorious heady weeks with some board game that you found from about nineteen eighty nine involving David and Margaret and their star cards.
Speaker 5: Yes, and star cards isn't dead for people who are big fans of the game that will come back again.
Speaker 2: I imagine it was like a season, is it so? Season? One's done. It's back for a Christmas special.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or even I can find a home on a Wednesday or a Thursday every week.
Speaker 2: Still playing around with Christmas. Christmas feels like it could be nice to see them. We're going to act Christmas. But between now and then, you've got a new game.
Speaker 5: Sure, but we're not on at Christmas.
Speaker 2: You know. That's why I said it a new game with new today. Kids. It's the popcorn, you know.
Speaker 5: I've made an opener for the The game is called how long is that list?
Speaker 2: Hello? Hello? Is the list? All right? So obviously nice singing on this. She got the late great Chris Cornell thing going on there. It's like a sound Garden track.
Speaker 5: How long is that list? It's a simple game.
Speaker 2: I'll give you the caller a category, so I'm not playing of the caller. I'll be Dave. Okay, we'll look at Chadston. We'll get Pats to be the caller. All she's David Chadston, and.
Speaker 5: You're Christian because I need you as part of the game. Okay, So I give a category like Tom Cruise movies.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: Then I asked you, Christian, how long is that list? Depending on how difficult. You think the category is you say six.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, six pats. Now you have to name six Tom.
Speaker 4: Cruise movies, top gun, cocktail, yes, not like weapon.
Speaker 5: And then they're also if she's too slowcial time out?
Speaker 3: What are they called?
Speaker 2: Mission impossible? One? Five paths?
Speaker 5: You didn't make it and then the next caller would take over.
Speaker 2: So do they name how many they think they can get in the category you give them?
Speaker 5: Yes, I won't give the category until they're radio game.
Speaker 2: It's like you thought it through? What done? Body? And we just need people who big game fans. You're doing so well. I love it when we always get to this bit. It's like you think you're on the edge of a clippy go oh. And the people we need, by the way, I need to I need some time to profile and Christian they're thirty five forty five and they're big game fans because they're up this time in the morning twenty seven. You're a big gamer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And don't get the confused with big game fans means like sounds like it means the animals of Africa. Yeah, game just like elephant or just counters. Are you a fan of playing games? That's all I need.
Speaker 2: All simply winning stuff on the radio. Right there will be a prize. Yeah, all right, give us a cool man nine four one four one four to three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three. Big week for me on the show this WEEKOD Morning's to Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show and Gold one of four point three. I pick my AFL team Wednesday. I can tell you now after some events at the weekend, it's now down to two teams. I've still got two more teams to hear from. And actually Sean Higgins from North Melbourne is in live about an hour's time at Hamish McLaughlin. So I have two more teams to hear and I will hear them out, but right now two teams. It's between two teams.
Speaker 5: I love how teams are going on the weekends, even after hours, going behind each other's backs to try to lewire us.
Speaker 2: I got a message Saturday night, late Saturday night from someone who was on the show last week, putting the case forward for their team. Yeah all right, hey play the mus it. There's two Jack's brand new Early morning game.
Speaker 10: Hello, Hello is the.
Speaker 2: Actually know it's chili Brebers. This is a chilly episode. How long is that list? How we play is I'll give a category. I'll ask Christian, how long is that list? I'll pick a number, how many I think you can get in this category?
Speaker 5: And the first caller to get to that number will win the gold class tickets.
Speaker 2: Is what we're giving away this morning.
Speaker 5: If that caller can't get there, the next caller picks up from where they left off. So if our first caller gets a two, then the next caller can start from two.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: The category this morning is nations at this year's World Cup.
Speaker 2: Okay, Christian, how long is that list? Oh? Wow, there's so many teams and countries out there. I reckon ten. Ten's hard? Okay, who's our first caller? Music? Right now? Con? Good morning, Good morning. How you guys going pretty good? Conn? I hope you had a top weekend. You reckon? You can name ten countries at the World Cup. I cannot name ten. I'm going to give it a red hot go as they say, that's the way. Just name countries, you go for a con. Okay, we've got Australia, We've got Denmark, we've got Russia, We've got uh.
Speaker 11: Uh, who else.
Speaker 2: We've got England, We've got Germany, We've got yes, yeh've got we've got Brazil.
Speaker 7: Yes, We've got Spain.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you're done. We've got think about who Spain played the week correct? One more to go, and we've got and we've got good old Ghana, Ghana. Let me check, Let me check. I think that is wrong. Oh wow, so hope you're going to maybe remember Portugal after an amazing game against Spain over the weekends. I couldn't. I couldn't say Greece because I don't let Greece play soccer and won the World Cup because every time they take a corner they open a fish and ship shop.
Speaker 4: You see.
Speaker 2: So I can't learn to play soccer.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, Grace, Greece is not there. They can't thank you for down. Next caller only needs to name one nation that can. Didn't say to walk away with the gold class tickets.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get John up in the docklands. John, Hi there, listen to all that. John? Did you hear all that? Yeah? I did? He was very good? Really well. Yeah. Let's take Tanama next. Oh wow, straight in there? Correct? So cheers John wins, and that last year of read a full sound face. Congratulations John, you walk away as the first ever winner of How Long is that list? Will it be on tomorrow? Yes it will. I enjoyed the game. That was very good.
Speaker 1: John, have a good week the Christian O'Connell Breakfast, Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Well by Jack wis living a playboy lifestyle again over the weekend, just getting his wife to drive him to the cinema, not see a movie, so he can just saunter in, get popcorn, get back in the car, get back in the old merk and just drive back off again. Because that is how Jack rolls. I tell you, this is what it's like, not having kids. Just do what cash with the money go to cinema, Yeah, go there, but just grab the food and get out of there, because everyone knows the most expensive food in the world. Two places, airport and cinemas. All right, So good morning's to Christian O'Connor Breakfast show and Gold one o four point three. We want to know what happened to you over the weekend in three words for me man's best friend. First of all, I got to say I was cheering you on the couch Saturday night. I was cheering on Australia. The World Cup is now here. There's already been some great subsets. Mexico. The other team I've been cheering on over the weekend Iceland. The goalkeeper isn't even a full time goalie. He's also a film director. He makes TV commercials. The coach of Iceland is also a part time dentist. I love this team from a very very small country, and they managed to do really well at the weekend. But anyway, there's two about Australia. You were denied the victory by the two reasons. One the cheating French. I mean I nudged my TV half, the team fell over, I mean any opportunity to dive and roll around they took. And then that rubbish technology v R, which I fear was going to kill quite a few great games over this World Cup. But I thought you played. I was really impressed. You played really well against France. As you know, they're won the top three, top four favorite teams for the World Cup, so there's no shame in that result. I thought you're really unlucky. No way, was it a penalty? Were you watching it? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Of course, And were you watching it with other Australians who were trying to get you behind the socker ruse, Let me just.
Speaker 12: Quote a movie Cowsam All Alone?
Speaker 2: No, sir, bringing that up? I said, So this is what made it worse. I was alone on my couch with just my dog. And what made it worse the contrast my kids each had a friendo for a sleepover. I felt my loneliness. They've already made ends here in this amazing city. I'm on the couch all alone, which is my dog. You should have reached out, I mean, we would have. You should have reached out. You know, you know, you should have reached out. I get a photo from Andy Lee, this great party's got round of his and he goes, you should have come over. And as my wife cruelly said, because what women do they know when you're weak and you know where she goes. Oh you see what he's put there? You should have come over. He's not saying come over. You should have, Sarah.
Speaker 5: You should have guessed that I was having a party. Yeah, come over to my house. Would you know the address of so knocked on the door, just.
Speaker 2: All alone, just all on the couch. So then so I started getting to the game. It's a great game. I thought you played really well. For most of game you're neutralized and shut down the French. And then the second half my wife goes, oh, I'll sit down and watch the second half with you. This is a This is not a good proposition, right because I don't know how it works with you. But when when if my wife is watching a TV show, we have to sit in utter silence. It's like we're at communion. Where's something at church? The moment I'm watching something and she just wants to talk about anything that just drops out of her head into her mouth. But the moment I go oh, by the way, I think I might have a terminally worn she go, We've got to what's now? Yeah, hey, you want let me pause this? So I go, oh, no, no, no, no, worry about it because I know it would be better. I don't know what you think about this. We need to get cardless with it. I'm got no, no, no, no, worry about it. I'm actually okay here, just alone, I'm fine. Please she I ask it down with you five minutes in the first question, do you wonder if I ask you something? Yeah? Yeah, go on. The people that work in there as the stewards that are facing away from the game, facing the crowd. Do they have to be hired because they don't like football?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I did never thought about it. It's never occurred to you how horrible that must be for them. Maybe they hate football. I don't know I have actually thought of that before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, same thing with security at concerts, who are watching the crowd, like they must hire the people who don't care about the band.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, because I'm seeing the Rolling Stones and they have those security guards and they're all facing it, you think they just have to be Do you hate Mick Jagger? Do you hate rock and roll? Can't stand It's not my kind of thing. I love classical music, I love Chapin, can't stand the Stones and everything they stand for. You're hired? Okay. Then it's she goes on to she goes on to, oh, could you give me a foot rub? Can I have a foot massage? I'm like, no, not in that juncture in the game, because I need to construct on watching this. Then it's like, do you know what's on the other channel right now? And no, because I'm watching this. Then the really bad one. Do you wonder if I go and got our book and sort of sat. It's you're reading a book. Yeah, yeah, I would, but you won't notice. If I'm reading a book now I know I really would actually just be just knowing you're reading a book. It would make me feel tense. It's a real passive aggressive mood to sit there just reading a book making a clear statement. You don't want to watch me watching the game. And this is what I think. Sometimes the relationships there are much as you love your other I love my wife. However, there are certain things they do that drive you nuts. For me, it's whenever I'm watching something and it's rare I'm allowed to be in control of that remote control that suddenly it's open seas. We can talk about anything major or minor that's going on in the world. What is it your other half does? Okay, what is it your other half does that drives you nuts?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Gold.
Speaker 2: One four boy three Good morning. It's a Christian O'Connell breakfast show. By the way, my dog's turned out to be Melbourne's most famous dog. We did the photo shoot after Friday show. It's nightmare. If you can see my dog performing for the cameras way more than I am. I am the least animated man in the photo shoots. In Today's Australian in the media section.
Speaker 5: Nisha looks like a playboy centerfold.
Speaker 2: The way she's put you, I will fight you. After the day shot. Her legs are wide apart.
Speaker 3: Gogeous?
Speaker 2: Can you tell on my face that after an hour trying to find the right shot the photographer maybe me sit on the floor for an hour with my dog and it's a German shepherd dog, so it thought it was some sort of game. I'm just fed up. That face on me is just like, are we domb You're slumped on the floor. It looks like he came to Australia without any fur that you're technic? Yes on TV a week ago, all right, So we're looking for what is your other half to that drives you nut? What is it for you?
Speaker 5: And b anchor Bianca doesn't hear the seat belt bell in the car, So we've got one of those cars if you're not pl strapped in now bing for some reason, she'll sit in the passenger seat or the driver's seat and not hear that.
Speaker 2: Bell, and it drives me nuts.
Speaker 5: He drives me nuts. So now I'm onto it straight away. As soon as I hear the bell, I'm like, seat belt love? Can we put the seatbelt on? In over the summer?
Speaker 2: Which do you think is that she thinks you listen to kiss? It's some new doesn't hear it?
Speaker 5: And I know where she gets it from, because over summer her father in law jumped in the car and I could hear it going.
Speaker 2: Off, and I didn't have the pain. I didn't have the guards to tell him, but bing, really bing.
Speaker 5: She's sitting there as if he can't even hear It's incredible.
Speaker 2: Drives me nuts. Kathy, Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 6: How are you, Christian?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good, Kathy. I ho, you had a top weekend? And what's happened to you over the weekend? And what does your other half do?
Speaker 6: My other you always put his phone on. He will working off. I'm trying to talk swim and texting.
Speaker 2: And what is addicted to his phone? He is?
Speaker 8: He is?
Speaker 6: Yes, any anything that anything modern that he can frenk buttons.
Speaker 5: That's just everybody nowadays. Isn't a day everybody's on their phone? All the time now, but it's wrong.
Speaker 2: You know, I went out for dinner with my wife from Friday night and looking at all the other tables, you see couples who are just both of them just on their phones and then they get then they go, oh, we should just have and then they take a photo of their dinner to let people know what they're doing. And what is this is? This is horrible. You're not you're talking to each other. Kathy, thanks a lot for your call. Let's go to Kennan, good morning. Go on, there are pretty good Kenyon. And uh, what does your other half do that drives you mad? The old do not?
Speaker 6: What do you want?
Speaker 2: And you suggest something?
Speaker 7: And I don't feel like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so true, matimes. My wife, I said to me, what do you think of this situation? I'll give a detailed answer. She go, no, why why? Why? Cruelly give me the idea that you were vaguely interested. You don't any want to pretend that you might mune it over. Just no, we're not going to do that. That's right. It's the same with takeaway when they go what do you feel like? I feel like Indian, No, we're going to get pizza. Okay, yeah, yeah, I just yeah, no, I don't worry. Don't you bother asking waste of time? Ready, Kenan, thank you very much? You coolany Graham, you're live and gold one of four point three. What's it for you? Oh?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 2: I go, I am pretty good, Graham. And what does your other half to do that really irritates you? Well, look, I am Fannis. I am building the world flowers for renovations. But if I'm doing some carpentry or plastering, shall go. That's taking a bit long, isn't it?
Speaker 3: And I'll go, well, do you know how to do this?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 2: Of course I don't. Well, how do you know how long it'll take? You work in the trade, so you've got a good comparison. I'm a carpenter.
Speaker 11: I tried.
Speaker 5: Yes, Graham, how long has your reno been going? Because I could probably enough for that.
Speaker 2: From his wife. He doesn't listen to us to get that at the show here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's see you on copy now it's been about three four years, I suppose, all right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm eighteen months deep. And because you're doing as well the tunnel. Yeah, but Graham knows what he's doing and not being funny. You barely know what you're doing here on the radio show. How are you meant to pick up tools and start swashing up a house? Yeah, I'm not a trained carpenter, Graham, so I'm just trying to learn off YouTube and have friends teach me how to do things. So it's going to Oh, Greg, thank you very much, your cool, good luck with the reno.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Then let us know what is it that your other half done that drives you mad? On nine four one four one oh four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian o'cunnel Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Twenty two A on Gold one A four point three is to Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. It's time for ten teams in ten shows and this is the last week we're in to the last three days of this. As I moved towards making my announcement what is going to be my AFL team that I'm going to go for the sever Listen back to the last eight shows. Eight teams have made a very strong case so far.
Speaker 9: For Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 2: Ten teams in ten shows.
Speaker 9: As Christian O'Connell chooses his footy team day one Richmond Tigers Trent Cotching.
Speaker 5: We are currently the top ranked Melbourne club and ninety five thousand fans that would be standing by your.
Speaker 2: Side doubled our membership in the last sort of a brought in you. You are your man candy in factor. On nine.
Speaker 9: Day two, Melbourne Football Club coach Simon Goodwin.
Speaker 2: It's it's the muck around with a suburbs. Choose the city. Think Melbourne. It is your new city and you be thinking straight. Melbourne will be your new football club. Get on this train now, this is your moment. Fan, Get on board A.
Speaker 9: Dice in Hevel, captain of the Essendon Football Club.
Speaker 12: Ah boys who play this battle game always.
Speaker 2: This is a feel good Friday anthem for Jack. It's the most animated dice I seen him a week. He's come back online. Good boy. Calor Wise Southampton your soccer team red, white and black. We're red and black and we have white numbers, so you don't need to go change in your calor peate the colors work with me. Get around the bombers Christian. So that's some of the highlights so far over the last eight teams who have book their case forward. Here's the situation. There are two teams. It's between two teams so far, two to go. Seaw Higgins coming up in five minutes time. The man making all this happen, booking all these amazing guests, all this coaches the players, his legends, Hamish from God come back on the show. Good morning, Hamish, morning to you Christin do you how me turning microphone on? We're ready to go? Yeah, we're ready to go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go morning Christian, how buddy like?
Speaker 2: It's getting to that.
Speaker 5: Sort of well you look straight at me as if I had sabotage microphone, Hamish.
Speaker 2: I mean there is a little bit between you the new guy, he isn't you? Hey tell me this?
Speaker 10: So you've got a couple of leaders, do you at the moment two. I've had phone calls from Simon Goodwin, Trent Coch and Clarko.
Speaker 2: He did the pitch on Thursday.
Speaker 10: I had to replace Zech to you on Friday because there was no line down at Geelong.
Speaker 2: They're just about to get telephone. That's exciting for them. Yeah, they getting dined up intonet as well. Clark O rang me.
Speaker 10: He said there is no way Gelong when surely we're leading. I said, well, this is sort of a quas fund raise. So I need a couple of questions answered because they are listening.
Speaker 5: What is the grading system?
Speaker 2: No one knows how you are doing this. He's a here. It's a gut thing heart, it's in here. I had one team. On Friday, something happened in one of the games of the weekend where suddenly a curveball team did something amazed that really spoke to me as a sports fan. And now it's two.
Speaker 10: Okay, last question before our next guest gets ready to roll in. Is it only you making the decision or is the whole family coming on board with this, including Niche?
Speaker 2: Okay, I already lost my wife. She's already gone in too soon.
Speaker 5: She's committed to a club and she got a team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she just decided last week. One of her best friends here in Melbourne as a Jennon Katz fan. So she's gone, she's gone. The kids are to play for. The kids are to play for. I said, listen, whatever team I go for, pick that team. Okay.
Speaker 10: So there is a chance that it is a divided family. Sarah is a cat. You are undecided? Kids are up for custody. Yeah, okay, it's good Sewn Higgins is our man this morning. Now, just some background. He started as a Western Bulldog, outstanding player, unbelievable football. I had a lot of problems with injuries, moved to North Melbourne, won the best in firest last year. You talked about the Cotchin factor, perfect hair, chisel bones.
Speaker 2: Googled him earlier, another stud. You're are any ugly AFL players. They're all good looking.
Speaker 10: Your wife may change to North Melbourne if you take short Higgins.
Speaker 2: There you go factor, Yeah, yeah, yeah, he goes. Remember magnum p I Higgybank. This is higgybanky. Really he'll pitch in a moment. Okay, you're strong, so that's what. Yeah, it's down to two teams. However, I've got a lunch today with Eddie McGuire, so it could go to Hill. He's strong, am you. Yeah he's a big guy. He Marlon Brando of Melbourne Don McGuire a strong case. All right, we'll chat to Sean next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good morning, it's a Christian O'Connor backforst show on Gold one oh four point three. So it is time for team number nine of turn in ten teams and ten shows. This is where each AFL team comes on the show and trues to speed date meet as to why I should go for them this Wednesday. It's done. I have to announce the team. I have two favorites at the moment, however, I'm open. I've got two last ones to go.
Speaker 10: For Kangaroos and the Docks. Kangaroos today Sewn Higgins pitching the case for the ruse. There is a chance Jack that Christian gets swayed purely on ascetics today. Is a good looking guy, some sort of granite.
Speaker 2: He does look like he's been drawn by Pixar.
Speaker 5: However, when on your marking system, how high it.
Speaker 2: Looks, there's no marking system. It's in. That's what it is to be a.
Speaker 10: Sports Sarah, his wife has a very high rating on ascetics. Yep, she's gone with the Cats basically because of Joel Selden, Patrick Dangerfielden.
Speaker 2: Do you think that's what it is? It would have to be a very good looking. Let's bring on Sean Higgins in for his speed date.
Speaker 11: All right, here we go, best and fairest from last year. Bring him in, do you know what mascot the North Mountain now.
Speaker 2: Nor Yeah, yeah, kangaroos. Yeah really cash me out there. Wow, what a dream boat. It could be a chippin' down he plays, he strips. Sean, thank you very much for coming in. Obviously, I just found out you've just become a dad as well. So holds a little baby now I have. She's eight weeks eight weeks, yes, and you celebrate the birth by getting knocked out. I did. Yeah, it was a big couple of days there, but all's well at the moment. Yeah, you could. And the babies well, yeah, she's really well. Yeah, what's her name? Rosie? Rosie? Lovely name as well. Alrighty, okay, so let's play the music. Let's begin our speed date.
Speaker 12: Sean, well, Christian, let me start with on a minute, let me just move a little closer. I safe on this side of the day, We're very very safe.
Speaker 2: But yeah, if you go sorry, some.
Speaker 12: Short history facts, you'll hear us referred to as the shin boners. This stems from the early days when butchers used to hang shin bones out the front of their shops were blown white ribbons on them to wish their local North Melbourne heroes, the best of luck for the game, and from there the famous Shimbones.
Speaker 2: Spirit was born.
Speaker 12: But don't ask us what the Spins Shimbone spirit is. It's hard to explain, but I promise you it's something you'll feel and see when you become a member of our footy club.
Speaker 2: And as an Englishman, I'm sure you like we.
Speaker 12: Do, respect and appreciate royalty, whether that's Megan and Harry's amazing love story, it's good, it's good Case or Princess Beatrice and an amazing hat collection all the growing brood of Will and Kate at North Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Our royal connection is strong.
Speaker 12: Our greatest player of all time known as the King, Wayne Carey.
Speaker 2: I wonder whether she's going.
Speaker 12: And our head trainer he loves listening.
Speaker 2: To Queen a fanatic. It's a strong rule.
Speaker 12: It's on high rotation, so we're aligned in royalty. It's important and to make an Englishman feel even more welcome. We've got two players with hyphenated james in ed Vicus Willis and Luke Davis yuniac. And another way of our greatest ever was like Robin Hood, the great Englishman himself an archer Glen Archer.
Speaker 2: He was shinboner of the century and a geographical link.
Speaker 12: We've got a European as a head Scott as a head coach, a Scott Brad Scott.
Speaker 2: He's a gun.
Speaker 12: And finally, all of our towners love the kangaroos. There's plenty of them down at the Club Christian. You're welcome to have a feed and drink with them anytime. And when we win, you'll tap your huban heels to this little diddy.
Speaker 2: This is another great song. This is a real rousing anthem. Sean Higgins, You've made a very very strong case. And do you know what you've done, something that no other player or coach has done. You've come in this morning onto the show and there's a rip in your jeans. You'll show me a little bit of bit of fun, you know. And flesh like that man, firm flesh is very tempting, very tempting. Wow wee this was like basic instinct. What showed me under the table? That is a little bit too much of the Crown jewels though.
Speaker 10: Harry and Meghan, Beatrice, Kate and William or getting around.
Speaker 2: So it's a it's a brilliant case, is it, Sat back there. He's happy, Like Mike Job wokes up, he's done it. So you said you had two clubhouse leaders? Is in our three? Three? Really? Three? Yeah? I actually did a bit of research over the weekend about the history of the club. It feels like there's a really really good case that actually maybe you're you're going into it over the next couple of years where you could become contenders well, and we'd love your supporting that. So we know you're going to jump on board.
Speaker 12: And we know that it's the exciting couple of years ahead for the North Bob One Footy Club.
Speaker 2: Bring your dog along.
Speaker 12: I've got memberships in the car, but I've also got a dog membership.
Speaker 2: I saw there was a bit of dog membership.
Speaker 12: Dog membership, Well, there's a full pager in today's paper.
Speaker 2: But I find my little dog, So I'd love to get the dog on board as well.
Speaker 12: I know the kids they might be down the highway at the cats.
Speaker 2: Where we can have to They're very much floating as well, so I could go get the whole family so niche can become a member of the North gb We can make anything happen. This may be the fact of the Swing Sea and we really could, you know, because man's best friend. The only friend I've got in this city at the moment is my dog. So she can come along and you would have to bring them to games. Wow, training we.
Speaker 12: Can, like I said, we can make anything happen.
Speaker 2: That would be amazing. So I can sit next to me with big jombanship enjoy.
Speaker 5: The game, Nia and Christian running through the better.
Speaker 2: She would love that. Now the dogs are tomorrow. You played for the dogs.
Speaker 11: You're in a very good spot to make a call whether you would bury it for the kender point of the dogs.
Speaker 2: Well, I already made the call in forty years ago. So wow, it's done and dusted, and that one downs and we play him this Saturday night. God, this is stared you look away first down. Then it's both very rousing and also intimidating being around you. Sean, I've got to be honest. H Okay, all right, three teams are now in the mix for now, Sewn Higgins, thank you very much for coming to Homie in soft hands as well, soft hands, but firm handshake. Two handshake of a man. All right. Then there we got the news wall the way.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: It's just coming up for thirteen minutes past stake. Come on, it's Gold one o four point three. It's the Christian O'Connor breakfast show. Friday night. Wife and I going into town. It's our first dinner together since we moved here, just a pair of us. So the Uber driver really interesting guy, semi retired, he's just beating bow cancer. So I'm getting chanted maybe having quite an interesting conversation with him, and I says, how can we do the uber drive in? It said just a sort of you know, some little spending money now someone retired, got my pension and a play a bit goal so that pays for that. And then as we're driving around Melbourne's Parliament building and he goes, oh, I also have extra work. I've seenhim at the moment. I'm going to take a TV advert for a big, well known bank. That's me running up the steps there and I'm I can't this is this is amazing to me. My Uber driver is in a TV advert on our screens at the moment. And you've got a TV now, so no excuse. That's why they haven't seen his commercials I'm more excited about seeing his advert when it next comes around than our one. So one of those one, my Uber driver is in a TV advert. What is your claim to fine? And I don't mean like a big claim to fine. I think that you're more likely to have a lame claim to fame. It's a really, really small one. I mean, there's that Andy Warhol quote, how in the future everyone's going to be famous for fifteen minutes, I mean like five seconds. You know, you might be a background. You might be in the background of a of a music videos. You might have made it on live report the news one day and you were in the background, not the background background, but the right background.
Speaker 5: The only one I had was tiny because it didn't even play on Australian screens. I was part of a work experience safety video that only played in some high schools to teach them about being safe when you do your work experience.
Speaker 2: Oh that's amazing, Jack, And what were you doing in the video?
Speaker 5: So I played a character who worked in it, played a.
Speaker 2: Character had a backstory of remind me director, what is my motivation here?
Speaker 5: I was doing work experience at a factory and I was giving a safety advice on how to avoid the forklifts.
Speaker 2: Oh that is beautiful. I'd love to what and you never even made it? You got cut, No, I got it.
Speaker 5: Dis didn't play on TV because it only played in high school, so you had to.
Speaker 2: Be in What can we get hold of this? You know what?
Speaker 5: My mum is a sacking for that kind of thing. So possibly it's on a VHS tape somewhere. I'm making you promises, all right.
Speaker 2: I would pay to see that. That would be amazing. But that's the kind of thing I'm looking for, all right. What is your lame claim to fame?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, and.
Speaker 2: You've got a small and I mean really small, tiny claim to fame. Jack was in a video for Health and Safety when doing work Experience warning of the perils of the forkliff truck. Our good friends. This is the third week he's been on the show. He's always welcome to call anytime. Ian the Garbo Man is on the line. Ian, welcome back, Hello, Christian, how are you? I'm pretty good? Whereabouts you this morning? On your rounds? I'm on the ring road heading for you. Guys.
Speaker 5: And I'm pretty sure I passed you this morning. Were you in Grange Road, Alfington?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah I was.
Speaker 5: I was almost going to jump out of the car and wave you down.
Speaker 2: I love that. Hey, listen, what's your You're small, you're claim to fame. I did a target whole roof head back in the nineties. You know where the guy was chasing the garby S tracked down the streets and he's job. I was driving the Garby's track. Oh wow, that's what you were typecast even then. As Ian the Garbo, Yes, doing this for thirty three years. I love that. The director's gone. We can't get himack to do this role. We have to get the real We fired to Niro. He just can't get it right. Get me. Who's that guy? Oh that's Ian the Garbo.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also did an episode of Singers.
Speaker 5: Singers was a great hir as I was a kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is great. Ian. You've got You've got like quite a CV there. Wait what were you saying? Were you driving another car and stingers?
Speaker 5: No one's driving a.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? Ian? Right? If they ever give us it won't happen. But if they if they ever give us another TV advert. We need to get Ian in it. We've got for some reason, Crowbarry. Whatever the advert is, we're giving away a million dollars, don't throw it away. Here is he in the garboat? You need to be in it.
Speaker 10: I also did one for one of your arrival stations too, I had on the back of my.
Speaker 2: Draw that's it. I'm now jealous. I don't think I've made it in this city until I'm in an advert in the back of a garbage trunk.
Speaker 5: Ian, I would dare say you've done more garbage truck work for Australian media than anybody else.
Speaker 2: Possibly, it can't be a rival. Who else does that? He's to go to God's the next biggest guy. You've got a rival? All right, we'll let you go. Thanks. According the show, no worry. So, uh, he's pretty famous then, isn't he? Blake?
Speaker 7: Hey, here are you going?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good, Blake? Thanks for carding the show? And what's your small claim to fame? So?
Speaker 7: On the TV show Healthy, Wealthy and Wise In nineteen ninety five, the Wiggles were on, Yeah I Think, Yeah, Going Big. I was in the audience dancing in my mum's lap.
Speaker 2: Oh, my god, I've heard what a look? That's incredible? And is there evidence of this that is still available to see now?
Speaker 7: It is? So we recorded it off TV and I converted and uploaded it to YouTube.
Speaker 2: We've got to see this. Do you mind if we have a look and shout on our Facebook page? Is that? Okay?
Speaker 7: No worries, go right ahead.
Speaker 2: So what have you titled it? Because people always title something, don't they on YouTube and those videos they upload. What is yours called?
Speaker 7: I think it's the Wiggles on Healthy, Wealthy and Wise. And then it's got the date, which is sometime in ninety five.
Speaker 2: This is great.
Speaker 5: And in the description you asked people to look out for the boy dancing on his mum's lap.
Speaker 2: Yeap.
Speaker 7: And it's the time I've got a blond mullet.
Speaker 2: Ah Blake, this is it. I'm jumping on YouTube in a moment to see that, Blake. Thank you very much for owning up to that good one.
Speaker 5: Powerful to still have a mullet in the mid nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah, game changer. All right, take one more call. Let's go to one. We'll call nine four one one O four three or small claim to fame. Robin Hello, how are you. I'm pretty good, Robin. I hope you're well this morning. What's your small claim to fame? I was in an aggression management video with only the back of my head and I was nodding. But why are you nodding aggressively? Well, I was just I was just someone was saying something to me and I was just nodding. Agree with what I was saying. Did you get paid for the role? No?
Speaker 3: It was free.
Speaker 2: This is great. This is exactly what we're looking for. Mike. The back of my head was in an anger management video. I asked the small claims to fame? We get Robin's amazing story. Robin, that's a great one. Okay, that's you. Cool kids coming then brilliant nine four one four one I four.
Speaker 1: Three So Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Give on, it's a Christian o'clor Braptors Show Gold one O four point three eight thirty two. This song, Eric Carmon made me lose control. We've got time for one last course, some brilliant stories this morning of your name. Claim to fame, Robin, one of my highlights so far. The back of her head in an anger management video. Claude, good morning, I'm pretty good clause. So what's your claim to fame?
Speaker 6: Do you remember that movie Animal Kingdom?
Speaker 2: Great film? Yeah, then became a TV show as well, that's right.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the aquarium scene vaguely?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I was the guy stack in the shelves, even though they blurred out my face.
Speaker 2: Oh that's hard, so that you can't even show it to friends and they go, I don't know, Claude, it's a blurry face to give you anyone. I don't get it.
Speaker 7: Like I spent you know, I couldn't. I think it was about an hour in here and makeup and it didn't even show my face.
Speaker 5: Now, Claude, do you mean they you're out of focus or they blurred out your face like you were a criminal?
Speaker 7: No, no, that was completely out of focus.
Speaker 2: So it's this is because obviously then you know sometimes in movies where they have stuff where it's not quite in focus in the background because the focus or like a scene between two people. Is that why, That's exactly what happened. Yeah, could you tell that it was you? I call it just is it one of those cre where you have to get you and your mates to squint at the TV and it kind of brings you into focus. It all right, buddy, that's a great one. Have a good week thanks to calling the show.
Speaker 7: Thanks Bob, you do great to make by the way.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. All right, let's get the travelers. Then we got the news headlines Christian.
Speaker 1: O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: It's the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show's alrighty, so we don't want to do it on air. It's ugly business show business sometimes. But we had to sack our second cat, yep in two shows. And because we know, pleasure to say that I'm not a catist. I've got nothing against them, some of my best friends of cats. But if you ring up this radio station, say, yep, got a cat that's psychic, it can predict the soccer games at the World Cup, and cat number one gets it wrong, then you say, hang on a minute, got another cat, cocoas clairvoyant, and that cat screws up as well. The cat's afied.
Speaker 5: The cats are got to stop picking the underdog. Just go for the favorite. Play It simple, especially at the start.
Speaker 2: It's the first casualties of this breakfast show really have been two cats. So we move on from the cats. We are very much in the market for a predictor pet. That's a psychic animal that you believe to be gifted, that can try and call the games. I don't know what Russia clearly loves Australia giving you prime time Saturday night, eight o'clock for your opening game. The rush skis clearly hate US poms. What time have I got four am tomorrow morning? Four a m. Tomorrow morning? Can't goodle the pup and watch the game four am? Mainly because I've got no friends to go, but four am is only coming to work early and watch it here? Do you've actually coming early and watching it with me?
Speaker 5: Four ams a little early. I get the last five minutes for.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Pats. We'll watch it together.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll bring the popcorn.
Speaker 2: No, she'll be doing the news. All right, Well you've got to step out for that. But anyway, we need a psychic animal. And then I hear over the weekend about croc cove up in Darwin and a crocodile there called Burt Right, one of nature's most chilling predators. You know the mind of a crocodile. It's been making predictions to do with the World Cup Games, and we're going to go live to croc Cove in five minutes time, depending on how this chat goes. I have an idea for later on this week. And the two producers on the show Becks and what's the other guy, Nick Beck? And the other guy this is there when I when I now this is in five minutes time. This is their only priority today. They're not to start bringing around walk doctors, which you misused their time last week to do. Can they still get my sigh ball? Yes. Once they've done that and get my shake as well, then they get on this. I'll tell you more.
Speaker 1: Next the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So is this show very much in the market for an animal that can predict various World Cup games? Australia's second game this Thursday night ten o'clock. You've got another that's a great time. Yeah, four am.
Speaker 5: I'm glad we're not waking up at four am or one am to watch matches.
Speaker 2: Our first England game is tomorrow. Next one for me is Sunday night, ten o'clock dreadful time for Cinderella here got to be out early in the morning, you know, Stephen, Beauty can't do that. Go get at the pub, all right. So when I read in the paper then about Bert, a psychic crocodile up in Darwin at crock Cove, I've got to find out more. And Leanna is on the line now live from crock Cove. Good morning, Leana, Good morning guys. How are you good? So listen tell us about Bert the crocodile. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Bert is our resident psyche at Crocodile. So he is a five point one meter eighty year old male croc Wow.
Speaker 2: Five years and how long have you had him?
Speaker 6: He's been at Crocosaurus Co for just under ten years, so he's been doing predictions pretty much ever since he got here.
Speaker 7: He's predicted all.
Speaker 2: Sorts of things such as give us a few highlights.
Speaker 6: Yeah, He's predicted lots of sports games. So he's done State of Origin AFL game, the Darwin Cups, he picked the winning horse a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: But he's also dabbled in politics.
Speaker 2: A little bit as well, well, predicting elections.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he's picked Turnbull to win twenty sixteen, So he got some international attention for that prediction, so that exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who needs the exit polls when you got Bert the Crocodile calling.
Speaker 6: It exactly Turnbull loved it.
Speaker 2: What's he then predicted so far for the World Cup? Do you obviously have an Australia France your opening game?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So he's only predicted the first game, so with France versus Australia. He did pick Australia. But he is an Arzi Krock after all, so I.
Speaker 2: Think he's just a patriot been by to be fair, if it hadn't been for var and a penalty that shouldn't been a penalty, who knows.
Speaker 6: It was pretty close and he did take a nibble at both, so he initially nibbled at Australia.
Speaker 2: So how does he do it? Sorry, Leanna?
Speaker 5: How does he choose who he's how does he make his prediction?
Speaker 6: Basically we have two pictures, so we had pictures of the goalkeepers in this circumstance and then two big pieces of meat hanging from each one.
Speaker 2: I really hope he doesn't ever one day Laurice comes roundough with his kids or so that cross going there. He is licking his coffee lips.
Speaker 6: One day we'll hang the actual players and we'll see how they go.
Speaker 2: I'm not that's just this conversations like return now, I mean, you're keen to drive football into a croc co but human sacrifice for Burt. I Burt would love it. But I'm just not sure are we going to mix things up there? Some of the killed joys out there the piece he will go, I'm not sure how they feel about that sacrifice at crock Cove. So what's the next game he's going to predict? Is it your your next game? Or is he going to ever go? Do you think you could be swear to ever go to England?
Speaker 6: We'll have to see how we go with I mean the NT news of p and Darwin had asked us to do this first prediction. Now that he's gotten it wrong, we'll have to see if you decide, if they decide they want him to do it again. But I mean, he's always willing to munch on a piece of meat, so I think he's willing.
Speaker 2: To be so reliable that way. You know. Now, what we'd really love is if we could cross to you live Thursday morning to get his prediction for your second game it's Denmark for Denmark. Yeah, we could probably do that for you Thursday night. It's a Thursday night games have we could cross a live to you Thursday morning to get the whole thing to know which ways again when you are you going to put up with the keepers again to see which way he goes. We'll probably do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we can do.
Speaker 5: Something the photographs of just to make sure the photographs not the actual.
Speaker 2: Players need to impress that again. Okay, so no confusion, all right? Then hopefully we'll catch up with you guys who are CROs Cove on Thursday.
Speaker 6: Okay, that sounds good.
Speaker 2: We'll totally then, all right, Jackie's my idea. Let's see, do you know if Melbourne Zoo have got crocodile what's their butt? I know they have.
Speaker 5: I'm from memory of when I was last there as a child. Gorillas, seals, penguins, the classic go to.
Speaker 2: Do you remember if they have got to have a crocodile.
Speaker 3: Range wherever the open range has hippopotagi?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you can bring one in from lions strap one on the roof rack jack on the morning.
Speaker 2: Because I'm thinking wouldn't be good Okay, that's what they've got up in Darwin. Great for Burt. What if we got here in Melbourne, crock. We need a Melbourne crop maybe Thursday morning, a live kroc off our croc against the Darwin crop. Bert, bring it in the studio, send you down there to sort of handle it, handler things and our prester buns back here. You go down there, do the dangerous bits. You report back on air. We need a crocodile. So my words are to the producer of this show, Bex and Nick. Nothing else, nothing else today other than to get us a crocodile from Melbourne Zoo on Thursday's breakfast show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shoe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, this breakfast show runs until ten am, so Eddie MacGuire has got to say about that later on when we have our first sit down mano mano lunch, Well.
Speaker 5: First down. It makes it sound like it's one of who.
Speaker 2: Knows, who knows what Don is going to say to me or we revealed. All I do know is he's turning up with his crew Anderson Dace, Don maguire three on one, I said, do you need me and paths to come this afternoon. No, it's okay. You guys aren't did socially okay, So today's at work time waste. Depressing news has reached me from the England soccer camp. The players are watching Love Island come home. Now you're a national disgrace that is in Russia. Yeah, Love Island. I get away ten thousand miles to come here. And then it depressed me that Love Island suddenly starts up over here and now the national team is watching Love Island to get in the mood for their opening game to own No England anyway. So today's at work time waste has to do with all this. We're looking for sport TV shows, so combine a sport with a TV show. I've got Murphuse, we have a problem. I'd like to see Marv the Swerve doing use his show with him. Murphuse, we have a problem. I've got the US Master's chef my man kiss Murpheus. By the way, if you want that story one day, why did you mention that what they claim to fames, that's tomorrow. That's tomorrow, okay, a celebrity special of lame claims to fame. I've got the US Masters Chef, so Phil mcason and Tiger Woods with Gary George and that and the boys. So it's Chicken Palm week for them. And I've got the front parallel bars. See how mcmrnoy gets on with the parallel bars. Good job of using Australian shows as well. Yeah good, I because I'm here in Australia doing aroradio show. I haven't, but let's play on. So the guy who is Australia, what have you got? Tennis the Menace? Yeah? Nice, breaking bad minton, bad minton? Yeah, I like him. Canoe wants to be a millionaire. No, ready, doesn't get the word of that. He's going to cancel that lunch, all right, Okay, send us your cent. You can text him in Jack will mark them gold, silver, bronze or whatever one he adds on in this strange marketing system. Text yours then, is combining a TV show with a sport four seven five three, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: But Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I see you on the show as my one man Wikipedia. Okay, a local lads give me the knowledge, I say, I'm looking for a crocodile. Is there wine at the zoo? Here you go? Oh, I can't remember one? Someone tweets in just so let me know. Melbourne aquarium, of course, where do you go? See you look at crocodles Melbourne Aquarium. You don't even mention it. I haven't ever been to the aquarium. What doesn't matter. It's because you haven't been there doesn't mean I need you to be across everything in this city? All right? Have they got to crop yet? Beck and Nick? I'm going to crop? Are Are you eating right now? Why aren't you know? Yes? You are? He started eating his fifteen course breakfast. All right, today's ready to go, today's at work time. Waster is combine a sport with the TV show with the terrifying news for me, that's already our World Cup campaign could be ruined. The fact that the team to motivate themselves in their Russian hotel, the England team to keep them out of trouble are watching the truly awful Love Island, a British invention. Love Island, Please please don't say British invention. It is a show which I'm afraid to say, has come from my home country. I can only apologize. All right, then you ready to mark these? Ready to go Skippy the bush high Jumper, good silverl plus he's forgotten that works. He's forgotten that works. Simply has to say gold, silver, Bronze, doesn't have any aquarium. Forgot how it worked. Show eleven, okay, a few good walls, yeap, oh no, I didn't like it. Bronze. That's where Mary Anne Reno Humble goes to Reno Rugby.
Speaker 5: I don't know, don't know anything that's happening in that bronze.
Speaker 2: Fifteen Love Islands. Oh yeah, funny nice and he took me a second gold, rather well done. Now you get gold? Uh google boxing? Do you mean google box? As in Google box? That's very good? Gold? Gold for roehand and two nast Ones AFL Game of Thrones silver and the Western Bulldogs Wing the West Wing bad two mouth mouthful. I reckon, that's a question. No gold, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast show on gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: World Cups here and it confines combines three of my favorite things. Great players, great goals and yelling abuse at my TV screen. That was me Saturday night, swearing at the French players, get up, Hernandez, you cheating piece of before the game even started. On the listening to the national anthems, you've got a really good Australia has a really good rousing national anthem, right, I think he's actually better than our one.
Speaker 5: Oh good that you're getting familiar with it as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I hear the French national anthem and to me, it's just the French national anthem? Is this now one of our lovely listeners all right, called Pete? Here's it and here's something else? Okay, he hears. They very very remarked similarity between the French National anthem and the Brisbane Lions song. I'm no trained musicologist. He sends me a tweet if you ever want to tweet me, it's at oc. If we put the two together, they're pretty much bang on. French National anthem Brisbane Line song. Ye, I think, I think what's happened?
Speaker 5: And this a lot of the AFL teams you'll find have borrowed their song from an existing song. I reckon Brisbane Lines have just nicked it.
Speaker 2: Well, steady, we're saying things like that track about people nicking songs. Unless you want to go to court and defend your outrageous and unfair and I'm justified claims. Have you read about Rebel Wilson? Well, I have.
Speaker 5: Sorry I wasn't listening because I'm just trying to google.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry if I'm boring, trying to keep the show out of the courts. Essendon song, if I may have my laptop again, Yeah, he's hot widers laptop into the studio set up here. Now you remember how the Essendon song goes, see well to my pummy is is do the bombers fly up? Even though I don't think they.
Speaker 5: Say that, they do, see the bombers fly up up? That came from this and I hope this is the right thing, just googling it now. This Australian TV show from the sixties. This was their theme song. Oh nice sunny side up.
Speaker 2: This is it? This is it? This is it? The ball must play up.
Speaker 8: Up?
Speaker 2: Great spot? So are there the case of this? Because I love suddenly coming over here and hearing these songs for the first time. I'm amazed that these are great songs. But I've obviously you know, music inspiration comes more places.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I bet it'll be harder to find an AFL song that's a complete original and not one that is taken from somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Do not forget your big thing you need to do for me and this show in the next couple of weeks. Is I need for this show one of those in the same style as those AFL songs. I don't know how you recreate it. Whether you need a cast of banjo players, I do I need.
Speaker 5: I'll need a horn section, I'll need some choir members.
Speaker 2: Bye, whatever you need, I will get get get it for you, Okay, but I need that In the next couple of weeks, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Huggy is coming up next. We are back tomorrow morning. Title of today's show is Penthouse Pets and.
Speaker 5: Just if you want to see Niche Christian's dog in the Australian Today in the media section pulling a pose that can only.
Speaker 2: Be described Penthouse as a sail. You can tell straight away whether that is a boy or girl dog. I mean maybe I should have put some knickers on her or g string or something to preserve her dignity. It's quite a compromising shot. And tomorrow it's the last Team tens and ten shows Wednesday, I announced which we are AFL team we're going to be going for It is last but by no means least is the Bulldogs. And on the show tomorrow. I know he's injured at the moment. I think it's ripped his hammy, torn off the bone or something. Eastern Wood is put in the case for the Bulldogs tomorrow. Jack. If I'm not here tomorrow, someone arrest Eddie McGuire. Oh, yes, the lunch, the lunch today. Never met this legend, the unofficial mayor of media here in Melbourne, Eddie McGuire. He summoned you to summon me to a restaurant and he's got his whole crew there, Will Anderson Darsa are all going to be there and just me. So if I'm not back tomorrow, go round to Triple m He's got me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you probably pop up on the Triple and Breakfast Show. I'll be here on my own, being Hamish running the whole thing all right.
Speaker 2: If you see If you don't see me tomorrow, you know what's happened. Thanks. Listen to the show, The
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold One oh, four point three,