Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last week. Never Hey guys, welcome back to TV Reload. I want to thank you for clicking and downloading on today's episode with Lana MacLean, one of my favorite humans in the world and the queen of everything Bravo and Entertainment News. I wonder if you noticed that we were absent last week with our recap. Super sorry, we had been completely snowed under with our Christmas commitments. So this week you're getting a bumper Christmas dose of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills as we recap episode four and five, so you have a missed down on what we thought about last week's episode. We're going to ram it all into this one, starting off with episode four, which includes our hot takes on what went down last week, and moving into episode five, which also includes some golden nuggets of gossip from both of us scouring the internet and finding out whatever we can find from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. We will discuss the change in dynamics with the housewives all now being single ladies. I will get a Lana's perspective on how the producers must structure the show, and if they let the friend ofs get their hands dirty when it comes to conflict, we will address ourselves stepping up and getting some serious pots during going what we think of her still publicly talking about Derete and PK's robbery. You will get plenty of chat on Camille, what we think of Erica's return to the stage, if Kyle has in fact dropped men from her lavish parties, and what we see coming up in the next few weeks after the two week break. There's actually so much to talk about, with so many inside revelations from our perspective. So guys, sit back and relax as we unpack the wonderful world of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Season fourteen, Episode four and five. Oh my god, what is going on with your hair this week?
Speaker 2: It's just giant. It's just a step away from dreadlocks.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I love it. I don't know why. It just the bigger and the more dreadlock here gets, the better it look. I'm so nineties. I love that Pamela Anderson's that have looked so I'm sure Rodney's it's like.
Speaker 2: A c more textured, grittier version of Pamela.
Speaker 1: I honestly don't think you've ever looked better. And that's really interesting because you look like you've just come out of the washing machine.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's literally it's so early here. And I was getting up out of bed and Robbie was like, what are you doing. I was like, I've got to do the podcast. He was like, you know, for Sharon, do you make up first?
Speaker 1: And I was like, nah, it's Ben Norris. He's going to turn up looking like pee wee Herman and I'll look fine.
Speaker 2: We've nawed it, we've knowed it before. It's you know, even noon.
Speaker 3: Look, apologies, apologies we missed last week, but it is the silly season and we were very silly somewhere in the silliness. The silliness could not come together and record in that momento. But we're hoping that everyone else had plenty of silliness going on as well and forgot that we didn't do it.
Speaker 1: Well, here we go. We've got to talk about episode four, So we kick it off with Darret. This fight that's been continued on from episode three, which feels like it's been continued on since the start of episode one of this season. But it feels like Dreed is writing Kyle like it is her job. She is going to keep it going even if Kyle does say sorry and tries to take ownership. I think Dereit's going to still hammer the point she is.
Speaker 2: Hammering it all right.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is definitely why she has said to those producers, don't worry, leave this with me, do not find me. I can do this, watch me play, And that's basically what she's doing.
Speaker 2: And I think the thing that is making it.
Speaker 3: Really awkward is the fact that Kyle is scrambling, as we've said, to find so many excuses as to why she's annoyed, because it's really putting that on full display that there isn't just one singular thing that has happened. She's trying to find a myriad of all these other smaller things, and I just don't think it's looking authentic at all.
Speaker 1: I think that Kyle is starting to come to terms with the fact that that's just her hoping mechanism. And do you have a problem with friends stepping out and just pushing you away a little bit if you challenge them on their narratives?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, nobody wants that to be the case. But I think what she wasn't planning on happening is the fact that that would be brought up to camera that she had iced her out for six months, because, as we've discussed before, a lot of it is about what is happening on camera, and she feels like she can control a lot of body's on camera because of her position in the group and how.
Speaker 2: Long she's been there.
Speaker 3: But what she wasn't expecting to happen was for Dret to say you did not talk to me for six months, which would have been the period of time where they weren't filming. So she expected that to sort of get swept under the rug, and it hasn't been. And now she's trying to find the reasons.
Speaker 4: You do not get to pick and choose when it's okay, when you want to be friends, when it's convenient, and when I put a step wrong, you decide I'm going to freeze Toreada and I'm going to punish her.
Speaker 3: I saw a piece on on that said potentially I have no idea if this is true or not, but I actually had.
Speaker 2: That moment where I thought, is this the missing piece, and.
Speaker 3: It's because it's said Kyle was the one that tried to get Drete fired. So she was like, well, I don't have to talk to her anymore, she'll be gone and dropped the whole thing. But now Durite is back in the show, she's having to find another reason because she wasn't expecting her to come back. And I thought that would track if that was a theory.
Speaker 1: That checked out, and it would also give enough fuel to the fire, because I mean, they can never keep that stuff under wraps. And so Deret's obviously heard about the fact that Kyle's done that. She's pleaded for a job back, and she said, you know what, I'm going to go hard Bravo on Kyle Richard's and they've gone okay because they've released how much money she got paid for this series or that's been leaked and she's now on a six figure salary for the show, which she's never been on before. And I'm like, and you know, Bravo to me have done this in the past throughout different franchises. They have allowed cars to have like a second chance if they've had their entire life blow up with a marriage, meaning that this is now their sole income. I mean, I don't know whether they're doing that as a favor or whether they're cashing in on their misery, but it does seem to sort of track that they will want to keep people around, you know, just as their husbands have left them, or their business has gone up or whatever. They've lost their house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know why, because they're desperate at that point, and desperation you were going to do anything. So they know they're going to get more for the cameras because they're like, well, if you don't bring it, then we're going to cut you off. They've got nothing really to lose and everything to gain by securing their spot. And we saw it with Erika Jane and they've just gone, here we go, this is beautiful. We've seen it now with Kyle and now we can see it again with to Read. And it's a way of keeping these people engaged throughout the process.
Speaker 2: But I definitely think there's something to that for sure.
Speaker 1: They did base the show on the Real Housewives being Desperate housewives. They were like, imagine if we had Desperate housewives, but it was a reality show. That was where the concept came from. When they mixed it with the OC. I believe I might just things together, but that's how I remember it well.
Speaker 2: I mean we've seen it as well.
Speaker 3: This is the first season really where there's a predominantly and unmarried, separated, single cast and how that has sort of changed the dynamic. And I think that is definitely one way that it has, because these women suddenly know they're really having to bring home the bacon on their own, and I think that has changed what they bring to the cameras and what they're sharing with us.
Speaker 1: We have drifted a long way, though, from the housewives being that their housewives, because it used to be a prerequisite to get on the show, is that you really had to be this is it affluent or effluent? Yeah, remember Kathy Kim ruined this.
Speaker 2: For me affluent.
Speaker 1: They really did want these affluent women who had these husbands that were like CEOs. That was kind of what had happened with the OC and New York. That was kind of what was happening. But as the series has gone on and we're now fifteen years for some franchises, you know into it, I don't think that they care about them having husbands at all. They're like, are you rich, Are you crazy? You should come on our show?
Speaker 3: And I think, well, I think as well. A lot of them came onto the show with that. But what we've seen is the evolution of them and the demise of these marriages and the complexities that have come with that, and the legal troubles and the secrets, and you know, for all the reality TV that we can tume, there's still things about these marriages that we don't know. And we're watching it again right now with Deret and she's unraveling.
Speaker 1: I'm loving Bozeman. I'm living for her comments and her pieces to camera. They are so good. In the confessionals when she was talking about being these women and the way in which they talk about their secrets.
Speaker 5: None of these women give you what they think at face value. They are not direct. There is something underneath. You pick up a stone over here, Oh there's a rock under that. If you pick up a rock, oh there's a toad. There's a toad sitting on something. Absolutely, and so I'm going to have to figure out what are all the layers.
Speaker 1: And she's like being able to slay what she wants to say about what's actually going down whilst in the moment, not really stepping up into being able to speak to what she thinks about what's going on. She's not really doing that at this stage. We may talk it because we've seen something, because we're doing two episodes, we do know that she will do it. But it's so interesting in the first four episodes that she stood back and watched.
Speaker 3: This is why she's the marketing genius that she obviously has been in the corporate world, because she knows exactly how to word things. She knows exactly what to say for you to immediately get it. The analogies are so on point. Her measured sort of response, the way that she's observing and then reacting that is that is everything that she.
Speaker 2: Would have brought to her corporate career.
Speaker 3: So I think that it's an amazing addition, and I think I think she'll be here to stay.
Speaker 1: Garcill really steps up to defend Kyle in this first argument, in this continuation of an argument in episode four.
Speaker 5: No, I wouldn't agree with that. He wouldn't with what she was saying in terms of like, you can't just say you're.
Speaker 1: Sorry you don't agree. I agree that you don't do that. Then I don't see I'm sorry. Yes, it was really interesting because you weren't sure whether Garcel was responding to the woman who was pouring the wine when she said no and jump to support Kyle's accusation that darit really doesn't know how to apologize. I was like, Garcel, you have been asleep under a rock for seasons and now you have stepped up. And I want to say that Garcell was my favorite player in episode four. I thought episode four, Garcel really decided to play the game. She opened up about her marriage, she tried to connect with Kyle, she dropped secrets, she stirred pots, and I was like, this is what you're hired to do, lady, and this is what we want from you, and when you do it, you're actually really good at it and it's good television.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, we've said we were on a bit more from Garcel and Sutton in terms of the realness, because what we have sort of seen over the seasons is them basically just picking someone to pile on and then just trying to expose them. But then we were like, but what are you actually bringing in terms of your own storyline? I mean I did sort of feel like that's what she was trying to do when she jumped on the Kyle. I wouldn't say she was necessarily wanting to defend Kyle. I think it's more about trying to bring down to Read and well, I just felt like Duret's response. I think she was expecting to Read to be like, oh, Garcel, you know, I've always tried to get along with you, and she's just had enough. She's like, I don't care. I don't care that you don'd like me. I don't care what you have to say. It's not surprising that you've said that whatever, I'm done with you and you're bullshit.
Speaker 1: I'm not surprised that you agree with that.
Speaker 4: And let's be honest, Okay, I'm not your favorite person.
Speaker 1: You're very clear about that.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't expect you to actually not agree with what she has to say.
Speaker 1: Okay, agreed, then we're on the same page.
Speaker 2: So I think that sort of backflipped a little bit.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I mean, I agree in some ways, and I loved your retrospective of that. But and yes, I guess it was good that Deret didn't back down and just went, well, you know what, you know, of course you're going to have her back. I understand that to a certain extent, but it still took Garsel to get off the fence and actually join one of these conversations because so far she's just been two eyes, two ears, one mouth, with no speaking when all of this has been going down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, as we start to see episode five, the pot stirring is going to go to a new level because we saw her mention that Kyle gets these takes from PK. So that was obviously in the midst of this intimate sort of conversation that she was having in episode four on the boat where we thought.
Speaker 2: You know, she was being lovely, she was connecting with Kyle, but then.
Speaker 3: She goes and spills that tea and also mentioning the robbery and Darite's robbery and saying someone had something to do with that. So the pot stirring is going to a new level. So I think that is what we're going to see from Garcel bring to this season.
Speaker 1: I had a really heartfelt talk with Kyle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she told me that PK texts her.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you about this? I don't know whether or not this has happened in your friend group before, but I'm curious to know if your friend that you're very close to separates from their partner or their husband, how do you go about that relationship? Because I know you well enough to know that you would be friends with your girlfriend's partners. You would make a huge effort to do that. So if anything ever did happen, I want to know where you would stand. Would you continue a relationship with them or would you stop it straight away?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's such an interesting one. It's really difficult.
Speaker 3: I think it is hard when you become friends with all those people over such a period of time to just cut everyone off. But I think ultimately there does come that point, or particularly maybe in that sort of very fragile state at the beginning, your loyalty probably has to be more so to your friend than I send.
Speaker 1: Out a text message straight away, like as the breakup happens. That's something quite effusive and really quite lovely excitement.
Speaker 3: Benjamin Norris media statement, all the best on your future endeavors, kind regards, Benjamin Norris.
Speaker 1: Something very supportive. I'll just love how well you know me, but not to that extent, but pretty much. No, I just think sometimes you just have to say, look, I'm very sorry about what has happened. You know, I've really appreciated the friendship. I try and sort of make sure I state my case before I completely retreat into the friendship that I have with you know, with my with my core friend. Do you know what I mean? Because there's no way in hell I would continue to get text messages from one of my close friend's husbands if that's not where the friendship's going to go, because realistically, you could try and entertain that for a little bit of time, but you're never going to be friends with them. It's never going to work out. You're going to have to move on eventually. So you just need to get in there say something lovely. Thanks PK. We had at least one dinner off camera and at least eighty five dinners on camera. And I think you're a great guy, but all the very best. Don't drop the soap in prison. If that Blajo story is true, Well.
Speaker 3: The interesting part about these is everything you're saying correct, But what was different about this scenario is that Kyle had not talked to Dureat for six months, was not being actively friends with dret for six months. So that is where it sort of becomes a great area because potentially, in that scenario, she's like, well, I'm actually better friends with PK that I am with Dereat, and our husbands have always been friends, and you know, I mean, I don't think there would be anything untoward in the text. I think they would probably just send each other funny hit and memes and all of that sort of stuff and have a laugh. But yeah, it does go into a gray area around the friendships and the loyalty and who comes first.
Speaker 1: I sometimes will put friends on pause and still continue to be friends with their parents. Is that bad?
Speaker 2: I mean, no, where are you going to dinner? You know what I mean? Where's that roast? Chook?
Speaker 1: Very quickly towards the end of this episode, got to see this very bizarre transition, and that was that Sudden had opened herself up and explained to dret that throughout this divorce, which was predicted to be very hard, Sudden explained to Derete that she could lean on her and was very authentic with this conversation. I thought she was authentic with what she was saying. However, we rolled into the next scene, and I mean, something's going to have to watch this back because she's really going to have to own this. She yells at Dreep first and then raises her voice and that's where and sort of reacts like she's the victim, like she's being yelled at for an actual fact. That's just not how it happened.
Speaker 2: You're the one who started yelling. You're the one who just started yelling.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I tried to bring this group together last.
Speaker 1: Night Sutton joined a conversation that she wasn't even really a part of the start with, and then yelled at her. I was like, what is going on here?
Speaker 3: And also trying to, you know, get them all at the table and we're doing a packed and it's sisterhood and we all have to be this way and we all have to be open and transparent and trying to lead this charge, and then trying to have her at home in the bus trip, and I just thought, you are unbelievable. You know, I can't with some I have never with her. She is so inconsistent. She is all over the shop. She has opinions. One minute, she gas lights you into thinking something. The next she plays the victim. She changes sides all the time. I think she's wired, a weird wired.
Speaker 1: Person as a housewife. I think that she goes to the dinner party and she rips the tablecloth off. You know, she doesn't just join a conversation and spill a drink. She literally makes sure that every single person at the dinner party has been disrupted by her behavior. She's one of those people that I guess we all have in our friend group, which is someone who gets themselves involved in so much of the drama that, yes, they probably did give some good advice along the way, and you know that that personality type will remind you that they got that right, But they also threw a lot of shit at the wall that didn't stick either, And they're also responsible for starting a majority of the fires that they then claimed that they put out.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's exactly what she does.
Speaker 3: She brings it up, She stirs the pod, and I sort of feel like it's very you know, it's like the old Chicago analogy, like razzle dazzle them over here and then they won't realize that you're doing nothing over there. And I just feel like that's what she tries to do. She tries to be abrasive, yell and Jennifer Tilly called her mercurial the after Show, which is basically like a sudden change of emotions. That's exactly what she does, but there's nothing sort of steady with her behind the scenes. So I guess in a reality TV sense, it does keep us on the edge of our seat, But in terms of a friendship, I don't know how measured people like Kyle have managed to stay friends with her for so long.
Speaker 2: I really don't.
Speaker 1: I wonder whether or not we're going to see this. This is a prediction. My prediction in a season moving forward is that Sudden those two are going to fall out, and I reckon we're going to start to see that coming across in some of the confessionals, because I think that Jennifer Tilly is aware of a lot of Sutton's behavior and has just been tolerating it. And then once she gets herself in there and she asserts herself and gives us some purpose, I think she's going to challenge Sudden and we're going to see a massive bust up with those two.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's an interesting prediction. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, I think they've been Beverly Hill's friends. I think they're both rich, they've both been single for a long time, and that has been the basis of their friendship. But in this scenario, in this show, depending on where they take Jennifer Tilly, because at the moment, we're only seeing little bits and pieces from her on the show and her quirkiness and a weird house and her chucky dolls.
Speaker 2: And all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: But if she is trying to make a move to get that diamond, then yeah, we will expect to see a lot more from her.
Speaker 1: She's a bit thirsty as well in her own way. Her claim to fame is those chucky movies. And I kind of relate to this because it's almost as though you invite your friends over. Imagine if I invite my friends over to watch episodes of Big Brother, do you know what I mean? Like, that's what you kind of were known for. And then you come into the house and imagine I had a shrine of that stuff around my house.
Speaker 2: You'd be like, God, But do you know what you do have is a ding dang dong.
Speaker 3: It goes bang bang, bang, bang bang, and that scene with her and they're in the midst of this really emotional discussion and then the clock starts going.
Speaker 1: That's my antique club.
Speaker 2: That is exactly the first time I visited your house. Good shit out of me?
Speaker 1: No, and you gotta wait for the finish. But anyway, I digress episode four. How many Alana mcleans? Are you giving it three for that one? Same three for me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Square it away three a little bit better than what I thought the episode was prior to that. I think for me, Garcel was the reason why I've given that that episode three points. Without her and Bose's comment about the toad, I might have been a little bit underwhelmed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree with that. It was enough. It was enough to keep us going.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about the friend role and what they're allowed to do in terms of getting their hands dirty. Do you think that the executive producers talk to them about how much they can get themselves involved in? Because Kathy turns up very briefly. It's a blink and you'll miss her moment. So she is at Kyle's party. But as soon as the fight gets going, which I'm sort of getting ahead of myself, but as soon as that five got going, Kathy wasn't sitting there. And then you watch the faces of the friends of the show and they seem to sit back and they don't join the conversation. Do you reckon that's controlled?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I thought this was an interesting one with Kathy also.
Speaker 3: Because of Jennifer Tilly that whole opening scene which was at her house, which we've just mentioned, But I sort of thought, oh, are we getting production trying to balance out the quirkiness, Like we won't have Kathy's quirkiness today with her getting her glam done and she's got her ivy drip and she's getting her face massage and all of that.
Speaker 2: We're going to give Jennifer her quirking moment now.
Speaker 3: So Kyle's coming to see her house with the dolls and the drinks and the weird shit she's got going on over there. And then she was part of that tribal council sort of conversation at the end. So maybe we'll leave Kathy out of it. We don't need two of them there. It's like they're job sharing the quirkiness role.
Speaker 2: So I feel like that was noticeable. It was interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're so right about that job sharing because it does seem like that they even out that quirkiness, and I feel though there must be like a quota when they put these episodes together. They must talk about humor, controversy, stirring of the pot altercation, like they must sort of timeline these things to make sure every episode at least hits a point, you know, because it's feeling very muscular at the moment with this series. It's feeling like they know exactly where they need to go and they don't step outside of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think, I mean we've heard before.
Speaker 3: I mean it's interesting getting all the tidbits from the after show.
Speaker 2: If you don't watch the after.
Speaker 3: Show, sometimes you get more from the after show than you do on the actual show. It is very interesting, and there is a lot that gets left on the cutting room floor, and I think Anna Marie brought that to light last season after she got cut, because apparently there was a lot there to do with her political beliefs and her and Crystal having fights, but they cut all of that. We never knew any of that. So I think there is a lot there, and then they'll pick what they want to follow that narrative for show.
Speaker 1: I think I'll send a bouquet of flowers to the editor, though, because leave you me. I appreciate an editor who's willing to cut Crystal and Anna Marie out of the.
Speaker 2: I know, I kind of believe I remember their names.
Speaker 1: Next next. So one of the things I thought was interesting about this episode was Erica Jane had a piece to camera and because we're used to seeing like a line being thrown away in the confessional and then a drink of the drink to assert the fact that they've just said something extremely shady, can you please Alana explain to me what the hell she was talking about. I don't understand what she was talking about with a personality disorder, about Sutton's reference and her own. I'm not really here to diagnose personality disorders, but you know, I mean I have one. What was that?
Speaker 3: I think, well, she was calling her out as being volatile, and I think that's definitely something that we've seen as viewers and we've just spoken about it.
Speaker 2: But I think she was saying there's something more to that.
Speaker 3: I don't know whether that was a good move because bringing medical things into the mix and I just got ooh, it sort of discredits what you're saying. It takes it to another place when you're accusing someone of having some kind of medical or mental, you know, sort of issue. But then she said, yeah, I mean I've got one, but we didn't know what that was, so it was a bit strange. I think she sort of said that at the last minute to be like, oh, I'm not calling her out, like I've got something too. But when she was saying she was volatile, and to use Jennifer Tilly's word, mercurial is what she said in the after show. I think that describes some She goes from zero to one hundred. We've seen it, they've played all the tapes back, we're seeing the montage and she you know, when Kyle said that time, you know, you have a habit of losing your shit in ridiculous circumstances. That was another example of it. But I feel like she does it as a little bit of a front to try and take the reins, to take charge when she's gotten nothing that interesting.
Speaker 2: Going on in her own life. That's what she tries to do.
Speaker 1: I wonder whether or not we're going to get to see much heavy lifting from Erica Jane. I did notice this morning that she has posted on her social media that she's back again playing Roxy Heart. Didn't see whether it was in Chicago or whether it was in New York. But look, I think that's exciting for her that she's getting more of that work because that's kind of what she was wanting to do in the first place. If you go back and see what she talks about when she joined Housewives, it was really to be a launching pad for her. Erica jamesinging Korea.
Speaker 2: That will I think that will get a run on the show.
Speaker 3: I mean, we might not see it until next year, but I think that becomes the full circle moment for her because she was doing that show when it all turned to shit, COVID hit everything with Tom happened and fuck four years of craziness and shit and then to get back on the stage four years later, that will be her full circle moment where she's like, I've come back out on top.
Speaker 1: It was a little country lesbian, not country western, but country lesbian for me. With this party that KLi was putting together, did you notice that there was barely any men there? Because was this supposed to be her white party that she does every year? Is that what we're was supposed to assume because the White Party back in the day, we just have couples everywhere where. This was basically women with muscles, wearing like they were all just wearing the same thing. Everyone was like, I'm just look like a Morgan Wade event, do you know what I mean? Like the influence of Morgan Wade and country. Everyone was like, Oh, we've got to go to Kyle's place for a party. What are we going to wear? What's Kyle into these days? Vaginas and country. Women were like, we're going to bring out vaginas, We're going to get them out, and we're going to wear a country hat and Kyle will love us. Because to me, I was like, I was confused by whatever one was wearing.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, she said it was the first party without mo so maybe she was making it a bit more sort of fem fatale female energy.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but she definitely is trying to make.
Speaker 3: The country thing cool and she's really leaning into that. So, I mean, there was no sighting of Morgan Way, but dare I say she could have been there, We just didn't see her on camera. But interesting to have Camille rock up as one of the I Guess guest stars of this episode and then to bring her sort of a thirstiness as we know her for so well to that final scene, which.
Speaker 2: Just made it explosive.
Speaker 1: I love the bringing back Camille. I mean, I hate Camille.
Speaker 2: I've so annoying.
Speaker 1: She's so annoying. She's very thirsty as a housewife. You can tell that every time she turns up. She's there for her moment. But Lisa Rinnod just recently was talking about where they wanted to bring Denise Richard's affair with Brandy Glanville to the surface, and they just would the producers would tell them, you know, something's going to happen, and we can't tell you too much about it, but pretty much all the ogs are going to be in this episode, and that's what happens. Like they bring someone in for a purpose, and Camille was obviously brought in for a purpose to upset direct that was obvious. Kyle was like doing the LVP trick, which is to sit around in the tribal council say nothing, nothing, and then have Camille be there and be like, I'm going to do Kyle's work.
Speaker 2: It was red bag to a bull and it worked perfectly. It ignited her.
Speaker 3: She was already on a nice sage after the five with Sutton continuing trying to defend her position, trying to say her life sucks. What more can I say to you? And then for Commune to just jump in, and then we got the cunt references, We got the I rate anger from Dereid.
Speaker 6: I lost my house, I lost my assistant of many, many years, and I didn't get a lot of compassion or empathy from some, especially ninety Welcome to me.
Speaker 3: It worked a charm, but I still think, oh god, I could not agree with dret more.
Speaker 2: Camille is always looking for her moment.
Speaker 3: She always comes in, She's always online, she comments on everything like I don't think that's a front.
Speaker 2: I think she really is that thirsty.
Speaker 1: And you could tell the Kelsey Gramma thought the same thing about her, Like the Gramma's original reactions to Camille was like are you okay? Like when we watched season one, you could see Camille was like so overcooked, Like he looked so uncomfortable with it. Probably why he shifted her off and got a new wife. But I just I'm so glad Camille was there because we got this iconic moment. And I know that Erica said to Kyle in the after show, you know, I thought it was hilarious that she used that word, and Kyle said that it was inappropriate and didn't like that word used, didn't think it was the right thing to say. But as Erica referenced that moment where she jokingly said to Camille that you're a stupid cunt two seasons back or three seasons back, that was iconic, So it was kind of good that she referenced that. It's a kind of a nod to the fans, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the fact that ben Direct actually had the goal to be like, I didn't call you a f z U and T, I called you a stupid one. And then in her confessional she's like, I used to regret calling her out, but now I truly believe it, Like now I think she is a stupid f c U and T.
Speaker 1: Do your girlfriends use that word though, Like, no, I think.
Speaker 2: That's the word that you use. I mean, I get that.
Speaker 3: In the first instance, she was kind of saying, it's a bit of a joke, that that is like the.
Speaker 2: Worst of the worst to call someone that.
Speaker 3: That's like that you have used all the other words, that is the lowest.
Speaker 1: If anyone I know drops the C word, it's usually it's on it's usually like terms for I'm going to drop this word now to let everyone know that it is on, that.
Speaker 2: It's in the most the worst state it could be in.
Speaker 1: So how comfortable and confident were you with the term weaponized? Because I had heard that used just recently and in my friend groups someone said, you're weaponizing this and I was like, oh, yeah, that does make sense, and you know, that's a really good way to explain how women do often do this to each other. I see it more in my female friendship groups than I do in my male friendship groups, and that has used something that's happening in their life against them. I think weaponizing is the new gas lighting when it comes to this season of the show, and I think bose Men hammering that point and making the women aware of it will be interesting to see whether or not they stop doing it or they start doing it more. But it's definitely going to be something I think they'll talk about as the series progresses.
Speaker 5: You just did that when I said that she's not manitu, she's mad at her life.
Speaker 2: That's weaponizing. It's love.
Speaker 5: You take the horrible situation this happening in somebody's life and turn it back around sharpen it and stick.
Speaker 1: Them with it.
Speaker 3: Well, her description was so perfect in terms of explaining it and why it's so hurtful, And I think that that is what something was doing.
Speaker 2: But we've seen something do that. We saw her do it.
Speaker 3: With Erica as well, and Garcelle does the same thing as well. They're both they're both culprits of it. And I think, you know, the fans are going to start to see that more and more because now someone like Bosa's had such a beautiful description of the word, it'll be easier for people to go, ah, that's what they've been doing all the whole, So the fans might start to turn on garcel.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I think our Cell and Sudden have been facilitating the Lisa rent A role now and they've fully slipped into that role. They're fully wearing the mask. You know. Well, maybe I should say the maskers come off with the way in which they are now facilitating the Lisa rent A role by keeping things tracking along. But as we unpack some of this behavior, weaponizing, gas lighting, all of these terms that are now becoming so popular in reality television, isn't that what the show is kind of supposed to do. Aren't these women being told and coached behind the scenes by their producers that to make this show and to be good on the show, you need to join the fights. You need to be able to be good at confrontation. You know, if we take away weaponizing, you know, suddenly doesn't have much of a trick left.
Speaker 2: That's right, That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: And that's what I think Kyle was trying to point out last year at the reunion when she was.
Speaker 2: Like, I have showed everything. All you do is try and pick up on stuff.
Speaker 3: That everyone else is doing so and then to boot she goes, oh, you know, she's not even consistent with her sort of takedown. One minute, she's friends with you, one minute, she's trying to sympathize with you. The next minute she's trying to bring you down. She's screaming you in a restaurant. She is just not at an equilibrium ever. But I think, yeah, you're right. The whole crux of these shows is conflict and then resolution and watching that kind of play out over and over again like a soap opera with different players and different sort of themes running throughout. So I think Sutton and Garsell definitely that that has been there.
Speaker 1: Am I how many? Alana McLean said we're giving this episode.
Speaker 2: This one was better for me. I feel like this was like this was up there. I don't know if it's a four. I think it's a solid three and a half for me.
Speaker 1: This one, I'm going to agree. I'm going to go solid three and a half on this one. You know we're getting there, and I think, you know, if you're a fan of the show and you have been there since the start, bringing someone like Camille Grammer into it, I think, oh, that's not her name. She's been Camille Grammar in like fifteen years.
Speaker 2: But we all know her is that she's hanging on to that for deal life.
Speaker 1: But bring someone like that back, it's iconic and it's fun to watch. And then when they get into some fights that bring up some old stuff from old seasons, it's just nostalgia rama for me. So like that's where we got to lift it a little bit. And you know, it's another episode where I began to like Garsell Moore, which is bizarre for me because I've not liked Garsel in any season that we've seen so far. So the fact that she's rising the ranks in who I am enjoying amongst these women is bizarre to me.
Speaker 3: Garcel is definitely taking on the lead role as the popstarer. I think we've seen the base sort of laid there for what is going to happen with Kyle, because she's obviously throwing Kyle under the bus about these PK rumors, and she's also igniting another fire, you know, jumping on this fan theory that's been online for years about the dret and PK robbery. So once those come to light more, I think we'll see Garsel right in the middle of a lot of these fires.
Speaker 1: To any predictions for next week, we saw the preview. They've not always been showing as the next week on Housewives as I mean, we've got to wait two weeks for it to be on.
Speaker 2: Two weeks.
Speaker 3: We've got the two week hiatus which over Christmas, so we're all going to have to wait. We're all going to have to wait with baited breath. Look, I think the fires are going to continue. Funny enough, the fire isn't so much around to eat and Kyle at the moment, I think it's going to start to spread to the other players.
Speaker 1: I do think there's going to be some evolution with these friendships, especially if you're going to fit bose Men into it. You know, I think that Boseman is clearly hanging on to her Dereat friendship for dear life, and I think that that's going to be really hard for her to maintain because Dereed's got too many holes in her story for a CEO to just sit by and co sign.
Speaker 3: Well, she's not going to take any bullshit, so I think once she works out the state of play, we'll really see her coming to her own.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll be back next week.
Speaker 2: Who two weeks? We have to wait?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we have to waste two whole weeks. I love all the people online. Did you see the post and then read the comments underneath? We waited twelve months for this show to come back. How dare you stop for two whole weeks?
Speaker 2: And it's like a private Christmas.
Speaker 3: Got to go back to the beach and keep my dreadlocks happening, my curly dreadlocks. Well, wishing you the best Christmas. I have loved all our chats so far, and I've loved our little festive bumper episode two. Thanks for everyone being so patient. While we were clearly at fifty seven Christmas parties last week and couldn't cover the show.
Speaker 1: I wish that we could just print our text history Are You Free? No? Are You no?
Speaker 2: Loved God?
Speaker 1: And it was like the way in which I rationalized on my head was that if Teddy Mellencamp and tomorrow Judge can take a week off and put two episodes together, so can we.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we saw that window and we took it.
Speaker 3: But I've loved it and I can't wait to return with all new Juicy episodes.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty five