Speaker 1: Laura, come on.
Speaker 2: Tuesday. Pickup is on. Hi, I Sam, How are we all right?
Speaker 1: Now? You guys were at my house the other day. We had a very important team meeting. Yes, the three of us.
Speaker 2: You finally got toilet paper. I did and could use.
Speaker 1: Toilet paper you. I brought toilet paper over to her house with me. She invited me over and I know joke packed toilet paper.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know.
Speaker 1: She never We often run out in our household, and that's because there's two kids and a Matthew Johnson who uses a lot of squares.
Speaker 3: But that is not what I was going to update you on.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when you're at my house I did that little milky feet treatment.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Laura was walking around the house with two glad bags full of sou silic acid on her feet.
Speaker 3: It was disgusting. She was trying to melt her feet off.
Speaker 1: You know why because someone said she could make some cash only.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking about starting an only fans my feet so as.
Speaker 3: Trying to like milk milk.
Speaker 2: The jewelry business that bad at the moment.
Speaker 1: Look, times are tough in retail. Let me tell you it has not been a good year.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I was like gonna make my feet or silky and smooth, and I just want it on the record. It was the worst decision I have ever made. Do not do milky feet, because all it's done is make my feet so unbelievably dry but not dry enough to peel.
Speaker 3: Hold hold your feet up, No, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hold it up. Hold that hook for it up.
Speaker 3: Even you gotta scab it a band it.
Speaker 1: No one's paying you to see those feets.
Speaker 4: It looks like five miniweeds have been taped to the sole of your foot.
Speaker 2: Dry little toy.
Speaker 3: It actually hurts.
Speaker 2: They've split and now they've been bleeding.
Speaker 3: And I'm so toughed. He She's like, I'm gonna have the best feet, not a bundle.
Speaker 2: You're a public figure. How can you do this to yourself?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was trying to save some money. Like I said, it's been a bad retail year.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, listen, hopefully I can put your feet out in misery because I have a tactic to get us to only work four days.
Speaker 3: Is it my only feet?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going to show our boss photos of you're on toes and he's going to make us all redundant.
Speaker 2: No, no, but the four day work week.
Speaker 4: Science has backed it to a point of it being the best way to increase productivity. And I'm going to call our boss next because I've got a picture him. We'll do it on the way. You're at the pickup. Oh, thanks a Chemists warehouse, s head in today, great savings every day. He it's the pickup. Welcome back you, Britt, Laura and Mitch here or thanks to Chemists Warehouse. Why don't your head in today? You get great savings every day now here at the pickup. It's a great, fantastic show adored by the nation. I'm just reading the press that's in front of me, my.
Speaker 3: Wee headlines every day.
Speaker 4: True. Now we are on air every day. We're on air three to four Monday to Friday. But I think that could change because new studies out of Australia are saying that companies in Australia that trialed four day work weeks haven't looked back. So ten Australian businesses who were trialing the four day work week, all ten have said we love the four day work week.
Speaker 2: Can you believe that? Yes?
Speaker 1: I mean it's not shocking, No, I can't believe it because so many people And I was guilty of this when I worked to you know, it was ninety five.
Speaker 2: It was an eight until six job.
Speaker 1: But I used to probably work at about thirty percent productivity.
Speaker 3: I reckon i'd walk in.
Speaker 1: There, I would have Facebook minimized down in the corner. And yes, I was in the office, but I was working at like half blast.
Speaker 2: Well here's the thing.
Speaker 4: The interesting part is despite all the reduced working hours, only four days seventy percent experience and increase in productivity, while the other thirty percent said productivity just remained the same.
Speaker 2: So there's no loss at all.
Speaker 1: How do we, as a live radio show decrease our productivity?
Speaker 3: Were like, we're tapping out now, fifteen minutes early.
Speaker 2: I've thought about it. Ai.
Speaker 4: Between the three of us, we have given the world enough words to create a radio show with AA every Friday, and people won't even.
Speaker 2: Know eyes out of a job.
Speaker 1: No, But I also don't know if that's how this works. I don't think it's about not doing your job anymore and getting robots to do it. I think it's more about the fact that people work at such a like a pathetic capacity.
Speaker 3: That they could just take a day off and still get as much work done.
Speaker 1: If everyone else gets to decrease their workload to eighty percent, maybe we should try to as well.
Speaker 2: Why don't we call our boss. I'm sure he's gonna love this, Tony. He's the boss of the radio station.
Speaker 4: And what just the three of us will put our high of mind together and pitch a four day work week, no pick up on Friday.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna go down well. But I also think, look, the stats are there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's universities who are doing the studies, and if it's good enough for these ten businesses, it should be good enough right here.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm gonna play good copt your bad cop. Sorry, by default I've died, so I've done a bad cop.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't laugh like that, Tony.
Speaker 1: It's your favorite show, Tony, the man that mid the legend, the best boss that there ever was.
Speaker 2: High Afternoon?
Speaker 1: Oh God, what do you want?
Speaker 4: As you know, it's it's the afternoon, so we are on air. We just want to let you know that we're on air, but we have a little pitch for you for the show.
Speaker 1: Look, there has been some studies that have happened across the nation. And now have you heard of the four day work week?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Of course, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So it's been proven now that a four day work week is just as productive as a five day work week, and we think that it's something that we should trial to pick up.
Speaker 5: What industries have said that it's productive.
Speaker 1: Well, look ten Australian businesses. It doesn't exactly specify the industry.
Speaker 5: So are you saying to me, you're gonna give me every reason under the sun why you should do a four day working week.
Speaker 3: Well, we think what we could do.
Speaker 1: We could just extend Thursdays to an extra hour and take the Friday off. It'd be better for everyone, have a little little rest. We'll come in on Monday. We'll feel great, refreshed and ready for the three pm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll take over a Will and Woody show on a Thursday. Perfect, and then they get a four day work week.
Speaker 5: Two Ah, okay, okay, right here we go. Here's a question for you. When you do your radio show. Who am giving it three o'clock to four o'clock? Who dominantly listens?
Speaker 1: Mum's in cars really small everyone across the stra.
Speaker 2: They're going to school to pick up the kids. Yeah, to pick up the kids.
Speaker 5: So with that in mind, when are schools on you, I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to stop you in your tracks because I know where you're going with this. Yeah, yeah, give him time.
Speaker 3: Listen, Tony, listener, we.
Speaker 1: Knew you were going to say this, so we've we've thought of a way around this.
Speaker 3: What we're going to do is.
Speaker 1: An extra fifteen minutes a day at the end of the show and on a Friday, we're going to run a highlights. We would never leave the people without it.
Speaker 2: The best of the best, so much to choose.
Speaker 5: You feel as though you're not cheating your listeners on a Friday afternoon.
Speaker 3: Because we're only giving them. We're giving them the best bits. They're gonna love that. If anything, we're giving more.
Speaker 2: Not all heroes wear capes, Tony, Yeah, but we are.
Speaker 3: So does that mean we're going to trial it?
Speaker 2: I'll pitch you. I'll put it in a different way.
Speaker 5: What if I was to say yes, but it's a Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Fine wet in writing and I want an Infriends pays ten twenty more.
Speaker 2: Thank you, boss, Tony.
Speaker 3: Hang up on him before he changes his We are not doing this. I love coming up three pms. My favorite time of day.
Speaker 1: I love being home in the spot to kiss, but I'm not kissing Tony's butt. I just love doing the radio show with you, guys.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we might have just lost our jobs.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, guys, guys, Will and Woody is my favorite show.
Speaker 2: By the way, told you.
Speaker 3: Still do the Wednesday. Tony is such a buck.
Speaker 4: Kit h outside the studio, so we need to We've got a meeting. I think let's get out of here.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I've got a bone to pick with Laura, and I'm going to do it here where it's on a national platform. Okay, she stole something from my house and I know.
Speaker 3: I didn't you. I asked you and I took me and it was mine.
Speaker 2: Argue with me in the court of law after the break. It is a pick up around Australia, Britt, Laura and Mitch.
Speaker 4: Thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today, go and do it great savings every day.
Speaker 1: I have a bone to pick with my good friend, my my work wife, Laura Burn.
Speaker 2: God, I that could have gone either way.
Speaker 3: It was a real fifty to fifty split, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: No, But I'm gonna need an unbiased opinion from you, Mitch, to set all this debate.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've done.
Speaker 2: Now, So is this a criminals? Do we need to go full? Yeah?
Speaker 3: What could I have possibly done to you? So to set this.
Speaker 1: Up, I Brittany moved into Laura's old house. So Laura and her partner Maddie Jay lived in an apartment. They moved into a bigger house and it was perfect for me because I'm perpetually alone. So I moved into the house. But when Laura moved out, it was all very chaotic. She had the two little kids and she had a three legged dog. She was moving herself out and all the shit. So there was some stuff that she left behind. I had a mural of chalk on all the outside walls that her kids had done. Anyway, irrelevant, she didn't wash the walls, Auntie, Brittany, they drew especially four years someone grateful and did not. So there was this one particular plant, right, There was quite a lot of plans, but there was one particular plant that was almost dead.
Speaker 3: It was on his last legs.
Speaker 1: Over the last two years, I have been in this house for two years, right, and I have nursed this plant back to life.
Speaker 2: I've got a lot of plants in your backyard.
Speaker 3: They're all dead. They are not it's in jungle. I had bought plant healthcare for it. It's exactly what it sounds like.
Speaker 4: And no embellishing, please in my court, and you hold your Laura.
Speaker 1: So I brought it back to life right, and it does look great now. And see this little pot well do sitting out on the yard. So Laura came over on the weekend and as she was to do some work, and as she was leaving like a hawk, she spotted the plant for two years and she goes, oh, that looks good.
Speaker 3: She's like, that's actually mine.
Speaker 2: I'm going to take that.
Speaker 1: So she picked it up and I was like, Laura, you gave that to me two yars ago. One was dead and now she goes, it's mine, it's meaningful, and she took it. Absolutely not how this happened. And I feel like I am being framed and it's untrue to know it's all incorrect. The plant your side, It was into my garden. Okay, Britt doesn't take care of plants. She doesn't know how to take care of a plant. Plant in her house is either plastic, if it's alive, or it is at several different degrees of decaying and dead. You had your chance to speak their very first birthday. That was my husband's birthday when we first started dating. I bought him this plant. It used to sit in our bathroom. It's a succulent and it died because it didn't get enough light. It was dead in a plastic pot and it was put into the garden. Anyway, as I was leaving BRIT's house. The plant has not been tended to. No one has watered it or taken care of The thing was still exactly in the spot in the plastic pot where I left it when it was dead when I moved out, and it has sprung new little leaves. I will post a picture of this on the pickup, but it is not a beautiful plant.
Speaker 2: But why did you? Did you take it or did you leave?
Speaker 1: And I said, this is the plant that I bought Matt for his birthday seven years ago. Do you mind if I take this? And Britt didn't answer, and I took that as a yes. So I took it home and I've planted it in the backyard where it rightfully belongs and it's family home.
Speaker 2: Wait, so it's out of the plant and she can't even get it back.
Speaker 3: No, the in the garden.
Speaker 1: If it was so important to you, why did you leave it?
Speaker 2: Because it was dead? Now it's back to life and for.
Speaker 1: Two years I've nursed your back to Mitch. My question is, yes, can you take back something you've given someone that was.
Speaker 2: In the garden. I don't think that's ever going back.
Speaker 3: I judge you have to.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm presiding. I think it is a dog act from you, Laura. I think it was a gift given to britt and six months after if you had thought, God, I miss Maddie's little succulent so to speak. Sorry, that's that's what I meant. I think with the six months you could have. But two years later, Brittain has formed a bond and I ruled that plant to be dug up, embalmed and given back to brit in that court.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to take a photo of the plant.
Speaker 1: Please go to the pickup socials so you can see the weed that Brittany is saying she knows back to life. It is still half dead. Do you even want to It's no part of brit that wants this plant.
Speaker 2: It's a lie.
Speaker 1: It's the principle. I cannot wait to post this photo. Please go and look at it on the pick up right.
Speaker 2: Also post photos of Mattie ssuculent. All right, well we are back after this.
Speaker 4: I'm a pickup. He hates the pick up right around the country. Britt, Laura and Mitch here thanks to Chemists Warehouse.
Speaker 2: You should head in today. Great savings every day. Guys.
Speaker 1: I had something so scary happened to me this morning and it has rocked me all day. So I was on my way taking the girls to daycare and I was driving past. It's probably about four hundred meters from where the local primary school is. And as I was driving down, it was just before morning drop offs. Now this was just before the area where it turned forty, so we were still a little bit from the school, but not too far. And as I was kind of driving in, there's one area where there's a pedestrian crossing and this little boy, he would have only been maybe in year one, maybe year two, he ran out right in front of the car to cross the road and it was so close to hitting him. Close you were driving, I was driving, I had the two girls in the car. I don't even think that this little kid realized how dangerous that could have been. And you know, when someone crosses the road like fifteen meters in front of where the pedestrian crossing is, so you're not you're not thinking about slowing down until you get to the pedestrian crossing. So it was just this like it could have been oh my god, I can't even think about it could have been so bad.
Speaker 3: But it got me thinking.
Speaker 1: I was like, this little kid was too young, I would say, to be walking to school by himself. And maybe he got the bus and he got off or stop early, who knows exactly. But I'm like, what age is it where it becomes appropriate to let your kids walk to school? Because I saw this and I was like, surely year one, year two, surely.
Speaker 3: He was too young.
Speaker 1: Surely he was too little to be on his own and not have someone escorting.
Speaker 2: All the way to the game. I think he won year too.
Speaker 4: It's way too young to walk to school, not even for it, not even for a car hitting situation, but just safety and stranger dangerous.
Speaker 2: Too young.
Speaker 1: What if maybe his parents or they lived up the road, like maybe it was only a couple of blocks. You know, I was talking to school from like kindergarten. But that was with my older brothers and sisters. Sorry, my sister's younger, so my older brothers who are three years older than me, so.
Speaker 3: They're still pretty young.
Speaker 1: It was also important Macquarie not the city, which makes a big difference. It's not the traffic and the hecticness that the city is. And we didn't live an hour away, like, we lived quite close to the school, so we I was fine.
Speaker 2: I always walked to them from school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the same, like I was the same when I was little, Like you know, we kind of we walked from where the bus stop stopped, and it stopped quite far from the school. But then I wondered, was that just normal when we were kids and now we have to be a lot more protective or like where does the line sit now for parents who have young children? And I think it must be such a hard thing to make a decision about because on one hand, you've also got to think about safety, like you know, kids being unsafe as in, like you know, you hear horrible things about kids getting abducted and whatnot, and then all those thoughts go through your mind. But I'd never really considered the safety around like just getting hit by a car.
Speaker 2: Like I kind of think that.
Speaker 1: Kids that are old enough to walk to school would have enough road sense about them that they wouldn't be in danger for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then at the end of the day, I guess you can drill something into a kid as much as you possibly can.
Speaker 3: They still are.
Speaker 1: Kids, and their brain functioning is still learning, they're still growing, so they're still gonna make silly mistakes.
Speaker 4: You know what my mom did grown up. I remember it was like year four, year five. You're six, So how old would i've been? Eight, seven, seven, eight, nine, six twelve? See, okay, so maybe even a bit older maybee nine or ten. My mum would walk me to school, and she'd get lot some of the kids that lived in the neighborhood to walk with us, and she'd organize a group and sometimes some of the other mums that lead the group, and then like day by day, she'd start leaving and it would just be the kids. But we had the group of kids, so we were all together. All the neighbors could walk together. It was never alone. It was never two kids.
Speaker 2: That was a pack.
Speaker 4: And then you kind of have that herd mentality you look out for each other and you're bigger, safer in a pack.
Speaker 2: I like as well, yeah, yeah, I do like that. Well there.
Speaker 1: I did do a bit of research into this because it's something that kind of rocked me this morning. So Patty Fitzgerald, she's a child safety expert, and now she kind of says, anything under the age of ten is just too young to be.
Speaker 3: Doing it on their own.
Speaker 1: But also you've got to think about the size of your child, like do you have a particularly tall kid, because a tall child is going to be far more visible to drivers than if your child is really little who might go unseen, you know. And this little boy was just in my blind spot. Maybe he was older, but he was small. But there is also some research that's come out of Finland that says that if you're able to let your kids walk to school, it builds this sense of confidence in them and really helps them in terms of their academia at school. It makes them smarter because.
Speaker 3: They because.
Speaker 2: That's what makes sense.
Speaker 1: It makes sense because they had this sense of purpose. I don't know, I feel like it's a really hard one and I think my kids are too young to have to worry about this yet to Molly'll be starting school in a year, and I think, like, when is that line? And how does a parent know what feels comfortable for their kids?
Speaker 4: I think you made a great point, T Grimshort, Sorry, just do you think that was very a current affair?
Speaker 5: It was?
Speaker 3: And also all the great research of the world comes out of Finland.
Speaker 5: Why is that?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm traumatized by this morning. So of course, all right, that's us done. You can podcast the show on iHeart. Just search the pickup pretty self explanatory and you'll get all of us and you can catch up and well, what are you standing? By Die Tomorrow Bybee