Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell sho podcast.
Speaker 2: Once a week I'll get an email from my dad and it's some material that he selects it out of the newspapers or whatever. He's scene that's made him laugh that they think would be good for his son the other side of the world, who's on the radio in Australia.
Speaker 1: This he struck gold with. So where my dad lives in England.
Speaker 2: It is an area with a lot of old people, bless them, and it's kind of known as the kind of they call it God's waiting ramanfairly and I just point out my dad is healthy, all right, but the area there, This is why an advert that he sought for hire.
Speaker 1: Funeral DJ. I didn't know this was a thing. Nope, did any of us. I've never heard of a funeral DJ.
Speaker 2: You know, the wake is a very somber, obviously serious affair, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Well, the wake, I can imagine it. So you know, you do the ceremony, yeah, is that what it's called when you do a.
Speaker 1: Funeral memorial service?
Speaker 3: You do the service, that's it. You do the service, then they bury the body and then you go back to somebody's house. Shoesy for a wake, and that is a bit more vibe. I can imagine the DJ the.
Speaker 1: Vibe when was it a wake?
Speaker 2: He went to that? If I asked family Fortunes, we asked ten people on the streets, how would you describe the hemisphere.
Speaker 1: At a wake?
Speaker 2: What would they wouldn't come back with his viby one hundred percent Vibey's a bar on a Friday night, knocking off ernie.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't have to be as somber as no, you're quite service.
Speaker 2: I have been to wakes in Ireland where it's a wild party and that's why I think it should be like but I'm not sure not the word, but anyway, this guy here right first line, Okay, far hire funeral DJ.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: I am Michael and I'm starting a new career as a funeral DJ. If you need someone to play a sad set at a funeral, check out my mixtape below. I emailed my dad back, going wait, did he have an actual like do you mean cassette tapes?
Speaker 1: Dad? He had two cassette tapes underneath it?
Speaker 3: What taped to the notice?
Speaker 2: Yes that you would tear off right with his phone number on Like I said, a lot of old people he's getting, they're not. He didn't have like a link to his website where he's guessing the old time. He'sn't going to do that. Give him a cassette and have that. If you need someone to play a sadse at a funeral, check out my mixtape below. It features It features a mournful ballad that I composed and sung myself. Wow, this guy, I mean, I'm hiring. I'm not even dead, but I'm booking him.
Speaker 3: I worry about men's favorite songs. Here's something you've never heard before.
Speaker 2: It features a mournful ballad that I composed and sung myself, a heart wrenching mashup of mop and My Heart Will go On, as well as performing a beautiful rap about the afterlife.
Speaker 1: I want to book him for the show next week.
Speaker 3: We had to hear it.
Speaker 2: Seriously. Let me just read this again. Like I said last night, I could barely sleep. I'm so excited about bring this on here. It features a mournful ballad that I.
Speaker 1: Composed and sung myself. What has gone on in Michael's life where he's been a heart wrenching bop My Heart Will go On?
Speaker 2: And here's the kicker for me as well as performing. He's going to perform a beautiful rap about the afterlife. In addition, I also make these promises to all my clients.
Speaker 1: Punctuality, I will.
Speaker 2: Try it before the body goes to the ground.
Speaker 1: I will try to be one time. Try. I've underlined it. Jack, I've underlined it. I will try you.
Speaker 2: One thing you gotta do is be there on time for that afterlife.
Speaker 1: I won't try.
Speaker 2: Where's Michael two hours late?
Speaker 3: He has tried, gave it everything.
Speaker 2: He's a plucky trial. That beautiful t J Michael, Punctuality. I will try to be one time.
Speaker 1: Respect.
Speaker 2: My set will taste really cater to the wishes of the bereaved. If you don't want me to play it troversial song, I won't.
Speaker 3: Why have you even got a controversial song on the playlist for a funeral.
Speaker 2: Then I've saved the best to this middle bit magic as well as being a funeral DJ. As well as being a funeral DJ, I'm also an amateur magician. Does this mean I use magic to reanimate your loved one? No, that's unethical. But I could still do some basic magic tricks if you want. If I was breathing some of the last thing I wanted. Some guy do some basic magic tricks anywhere. Oh now, cut the coffin in half. Like I said, you gotta understand where he's put this advert in. There are a lot of old people, okay, post funeral friendship. Upon losing a loved one, many people feel a void in their life. This is where I come into becoming your new best face. We can go to cinema, hang out the beach. I have a lot of free time. I get the feeling. Michael, you have a lot of free time. If you like my mixtape, get in touch. Once you've listened to the tape, please reattach it to the poster so the potential clients can listen to it too. I've only got these three tapes, so please be go Apple.
Speaker 1: Also, I should mention.
Speaker 2: That I do not own DJ decks, but I have a friend I can borrow them from.
Speaker 1: This is amazing. Christian i'connell The Christian O'Connell Show,