Speaker 1: Got anything good.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: So we've got some exciting news on the show. We are bringing someone new as to be part of our radio family and already great lineup with pants Rio and myself. Alex Cullen is a brilliant journalist who is actually looking for a job. You might recognize the name. I did a couple of weeks ago and Alex Alex Culling.
Speaker 3: Google him before you get to the sea. You're like, oh that guy, the guy that took.
Speaker 1: The fifty thousand dollars that, Oh that's our guy.
Speaker 3: Now channel and I might go listen.
Speaker 1: We can't have that, but commercial breakfast radio we are very much up for Payola. Come on here, don't worry, Alex, you found a home here. My friend so addis Cullin.
Speaker 3: You might remember me.
Speaker 1: He was brilliant with Karl Stefanovitch on the Today Show did sports say he's been a journalist for twenty years. For a couple of years, well, I've been thinking about who can we bring into the show, and I thought be great to have a sports reporter, really good sports supporter in the ukm OL radio show. There a hider guy who is a brilliant sports supporter, big sport megafan. It was also a great stand up comedian. So I've been really really thinking about over the last couple of years. And then with Jack's sudden news that he wanted to step away and retire at the age of thirty seven, and we always knew that was going to happen, that he'd actually peaked at just seven years into the job.
Speaker 3: He thought, I've taken this as far as I can.
Speaker 1: I've mastered the art for you know, Chopin and avouded those mugs plugging away for years. It turns out he's only ten thousand hours, just three hours and Chack was done. So anyway, with that, suddenly I was seeing to know about what can we do? Maybe this is the time to do what I thought about, And so Alex's name came up. I called him and I spoke to him for an hour, and when I got to find my wife said, who is that? You've challenged you with something like chat to your friend, and it was Alex. We got on really well, and then he came over to He lives in Sydney. At the moment, he's moving heart to Melbourne for the job. He came over for a very very vigorous job into with me, and that is a five hour lunch.
Speaker 3: And that's when you're really.
Speaker 2: Put through your tests, you know, psychologically, physiologically, mentally, now too untrained onlook because it might have looked like just a big long lunch with flowing red wine.
Speaker 1: That's how it's Maybe that's how it looks to you, but that is a That is one of the toughest job interviews for anyone joined this team. Can you have a long lunch with me? And I actually think it's the first time I've ever offered somebody a job whilst being drunk.
Speaker 3: I remember the next morning going can you is it legally? Can you do it? Do that? Is it?
Speaker 1: Because even when I said to him, you've got the job, he went, oh right, wow, Really it's a saying goodbye like five o'clock when I've been there since midday. Anyway, Alex starts in a couple of weeks time. He's a he's a lovely guy. He is a very funny guy. He's a loving dad as well. He's got too young he's got twins and he's got a young son as well. He's moving in a couple of weeks time. We are going to love Welcome into the show. And I know everyone who's part of our show, our family as well, you who listeners as well, you will get to love Alex Cunnen. He's joining Patsy a Killer on news. We're gonna have a great news and sport team. Alex Cunnen and Patrina Jones as well on news and sport. We're going to have a great time. So Alex starts in a couple of weeks time, please welcome him.
Speaker 3: Yes, Google, if you're.
Speaker 1: Going Alex cunning that name even Rio said, my mum remembered his name. Hey listen, you know when I called him out the blue, I think he was hoping it was his old mate Carl Stephanovis saying you could come back, and I was like, I'm sorry, but it's far worse. It's radio calling hey, joby like that. You need a job right now. Radio's here for you.
Speaker 3: My friend.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show, Alex Cullhen, Christian O'Connell Show Go One Podcast