Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast. So ticking off another lambmark moment in my time here in Australia. First order to go through muck up Day tomorrow. So what can I expect? What happened with you guys a muck up Day? Did you get up to anything?
Speaker 2: By the time I got to year twelve, they were really putting the fear in us that we would get expelled on muck up.
Speaker 1: And Sanicans used to happen, Yeah, really bad.
Speaker 2: So there was a lot of people saying, like there's a lot of talk, oh, we're going to put fish behind the lockers and stuff, but no one. Everyone chickened out by the time we got.
Speaker 1: There, Patsy, you you probably in a different time about There was all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: It was a different time. Christian nineteen ninety we did the usual smothered all the handrails in Vassalaine and you know, put streamers and balloons in the trees and.
Speaker 1: That's smucked up. The bunting carefully assembled and arranged.
Speaker 3: One of my girlfriends had a little v dub beetle, this really old beetle that was her grandma's that she used to drive to school, and we wrapped Norel's car in heaps and she couldn't get into it. But worst of all, there was a group of boys, a certain group of boys who they must have obviously had outside help to get the thing there, because none of them had their license at that point. But they'd got this car wreck. So this shell of a car that had clearly been in a front end collision because all the front was crumpled up, and it had clearly caught fire because it was black, and they shoved it or placed it at the front of our year twelve common room to make it look like it had smashed into it, and they put police tape around her. It really was, and the principal was livid. And not only that start on the on the handround, but they also and this really annoyed the pe teacher the department. They sawed all the goalposts in chain saw both ends eight posts. Anyway, we ruined it for future years because then, like subsequent mark ups, they were really like they really climbed down.
Speaker 1: No more balloons in trees, no more down mine the chainsaws, but those balloons. This is the Christian o'commel show.
Speaker 4: Podcast.
Speaker 1: Earlier on we were talking about your weekend, tell us about your weekend six words, and out of all the messages that came in from you guys, there was a strange one that simply said two cages to bury the body. And I was like, I don't e want to know what's going on there? Call the police later. Someone obviously half an hour later worried that I Am going to call the police or on the producer as well, and they've nervously gone thirty five minutes later. Just to clarify my six word weekends, my daughters, pet Ratt had died once. He buried in the front yard. Sure laying down that alibi. All right? Your muck up Day stories Christian. Back in the nineties, all the lockers were dragged onto the oval Christian our muck up Day. Also in the eighties, a group of guys at our school decided to fill up the teacher's car by putting the fire hose inside and turning the hydrant on. Thirty years ago, the senior class brought in about five thousand business cards that simply said class of eighty five and hid them everywhere couches, behind paintings and books in the library ceiling tars. The cards are still occasionally found to this day. It's like a FOLKLRT become a living legend. Thank you Pam for that one. Brett, a kid suggested, but everyone bringing two watermelons, so there would be like seven hundred water melons lying around the school. As a result, everyone, i mean everyone in our grave brought in at least two water melons. Our school was covered in watermelons. Simple but effect of that one Brett Taylor. Someone drew Willie on the oval with weed killer. Yeah, it's not the classic Christian. We stuck about twenty five thousand plastic forks in the footy field. It was awesome. This one is unbelievable. One of our teachers had just bought a fee at five hundred. Now you don't need to know a lot about cars. Those are very small. Those fit little Italian bubble car. It's like a pinny basket upside down. And add to that, we challenged a rugby team to see if they could pick up the car and carry it Christian. These guys were huge, massive, big enough to carry some POxy small Italian car. Long story short, they managed to carry the little car out of the out of the staff car park, then up three stories onto the third floor hallway, all without setting off the fire alarms because it gets scraping along with the quite tight stairwell. It was quite hilarious until the teacher saw the car on the third floor in the hallway. A whole year got sent home.
Speaker 2: That is amazing.
Speaker 1: That is something else.
Speaker 2: Is how do they get the cardio.
Speaker 1: Still there? Yes, let's go to Meg.
Speaker 4: Good morning Meg, Good morning Christian. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good Meg, hope you had a great weekend. What is your muck up story?
Speaker 4: So our entire school got putting attention for two hours because we broke in the night before because we had the principle that we didn't like, and our parents helped us and we took all the chairs out of the school and made it look like a breaking because one of our matess of janitor and gave us the keys to the kingdom.
Speaker 2: Okay, one part of that is you said parents helped us.
Speaker 1: You can't have to helpful the parents. Can you help our markup date?
Speaker 4: Pretty much? Well, all the parents were over this principle and yeah, they just they all helped us.
Speaker 1: Sounds up. More is the parents trying to prove a point. Then it's not like you were just helping you your parents do this.
Speaker 4: I don't know who benefited more from that after for them, but we got putting attention for two hours, and after two hours we all got to go home to the day.
Speaker 1: So where did you hide all the chairs? Because obviously in a school, a big school, that's a lot of chairs to.
Speaker 4: Hide in everyone's houses.
Speaker 1: The answer the question, Meg, Thank you very much, you coll mate. Have a good day. Rachel. Good morning, Good morning, Rachel. What is your muck up day story?
Speaker 5: Okay, I was the inature at college in nineteen ninety and we decided to build a brick wall to stop all the teachers coming into their own car park.
Speaker 1: Is really elaborate. That's a sort of time and effort that is. That's a great one.
Speaker 5: And then we rounded up the lawn with our slogan nineteen ninety out of this world and ruined the whole lawn.
Speaker 1: Rachel starting to chuck about it now, she's still living't it? Out of this world? All right? Rachel? Thank you very much the story. Take care, that's all right.
Speaker 5: See have a good day.
Speaker 1: And Katrina, good morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning. How are you Christian and everyone.
Speaker 1: It's good Katrina, and I hope you well. So what's your mark up date story for us?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm a teacher, so over the years I've seen this few but I think one of my favorites was about twelve or thirteen years ago when I was working in the country. I don't know how the kids managed it, but they managed to relocate the principal's entire office onto the roof of the school. They must have got in overnight. I don't know how they did it, but nothing that was said about it. The principal went along with it. She went to her job on the roof of the school.
Speaker 1: That's really really.
Speaker 6: Funny, went along with the joke.
Speaker 1: I did running meetings up there, bringing down to her paye, bring up the teas and biscuits.
Speaker 6: She she somehow arranged her ladder unbiditation to go up to her offers and inverted commas the kids was I think the kids were disappointed that they didn't get into trouble for it.
Speaker 1: Now tell me this, it's a teacher. Do you dread it every year? What the kids are going to get up to?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: And you do get to you know, you know whatever the kids it's usually a lighthearted thing. I do remember one another time. All our chairs were taken from our officers put in the massive pile in the middle of the school, and in the middle of the school wrapping glad wrapper. The kids were actually considerate enough to put post it notes for our name, so we got our chairs.
Speaker 1: So decent, that's so nice, a quiet.
Speaker 6: Rebellion, but we had to stand at our desks all day. There was only the teachers the chairs that were taken, not the classroom chairs. But there's been a few couple of kids one time took a couple of sheep from their family farm, died them pick and let them flute in the footy ground and things like that. There wasn't a few over the years.
Speaker 1: Listen, Katrina, thank you very much all these stories. Okay, have a good.
Speaker 6: Day, not a problem or the best.
Speaker 5: On a brighter note, you're listening to the Christian O Carle Show podcast