Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the tennis for another week live from Pod labor Arena, Big week of tennis news. Yannick Sinner returns to massive fanfare with the four of Italico and Madrid. Champ caspar Rood opens up about his mental health journey and tarot tennis. What does that mean? Brie will fill us in later, but that's ahead with me joining me once again, John Fitzgerald with a new hip.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do well, it's a new seven weeks ago. I'm feeling better, great, feeling better. Yeah, a little bit more traumatic than I.
Speaker 1: Thought it would. Oh really, they didn't knock you out.
Speaker 2: My pain threshold is not that high. But it's been good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of faith in the surgeon.
Speaker 4: And you're doing a lot of swimming. They say that's really good after hip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's a problem if you sink when you swim.
Speaker 1: Oh it's actually forty eight.
Speaker 4: Really, I didn't realize that.
Speaker 2: Well, I've got six inches of titanium now, so mind mat that might make this It's light, okay, I hope.
Speaker 1: So you'd be fun at airports.
Speaker 2: My swimming airport's a problem. I have to be very upfront.
Speaker 1: Well, good, well, great to have you back.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: And last time he was here he was heading off to a wedding and now he's back. Luke Saville, welcome home.
Speaker 5: Thanks guys, good to be back. And yeah I made it home from the Philippines.
Speaker 3: So warm was it ever?
Speaker 5: Four days, big sweater, high humidity. The wedding suit was a challenge on wedding day, but yeah, it got through it. Put that suit straight into the dry cleaning when.
Speaker 3: I got home.
Speaker 1: And Dash, it was a bridesmaid.
Speaker 5: Dash as a bride's maid. You go, well, yep. She I had to tell her not to.
Speaker 1: Be the center of attention for that one day and she didn't listen to.
Speaker 3: She did, she never does, but yeah she was. She had an absolute blast.
Speaker 5: And yeah, destination wedding hadn't sort of the first one I've been to, and I highly recommend going to the Philippines.
Speaker 1: Put that on a list. And joining me is always his co host with the most it's pretty.
Speaker 4: Steuart, welcome, thank you, good to have you back.
Speaker 1: You're in my seat last week where.
Speaker 4: I was, I got a lot of good feedback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually got some too, and I I was fine. I was very happy for you. Yeah, yeah, wasn't right, agree at all? You're okay, yeah, cool, No, that's right. We share the load. It's all good, we do all right. Well, let's jump straight into the thick of it of the tennis news. What caught your eye this week? Fitzy hit us off well.
Speaker 2: Yannick Center huge, Yeah, returning after he's three months off and starting at his home championship. It's a big event, the Italian Open. We remember playing there. I can remember last century playing there and it what a great event in all aspects. So it's a big thing for Italian tennis having back, big thing for world tennis having back. And I'm an anabashed a fan fan of his, so you know, I always felt just I'll touch on it briefly, but I always felt if you could prove where you were where you tested positive, you can prove it and it's not intentional. You can prove that, and you can also that it's not performance enhancing. I think, you know, he proved his case well and the system needs to work like that. You can't just assume everyone is guilty, because there are people that are not. So I think he's a great leader of our sport. I know he's a quality person have the inside running on that very clearly, and I'm a wrap that he's back. I love watching him play things. Is great for the sport. So it's a big week this week for him and all of us.
Speaker 1: Much like any kind of legal thing, there has to be some sort of right of appeal, There needs to be a procedure in planyet. It sounds like that's what happened. Well, he proved it, and you know, it does the burden of proof that was the level when we hit it.
Speaker 2: Well, it doesn't mean that innocent people don't get off, but in this case, it seems to me like the system worked, and that's what you want. You want a system that works if you can prove, and maybe other innocent people haven't been able to prove, and therefore it becomes word against word, doesn't it. But but look, let's move on from that. I think that's the downside. Exciting and everyone yes, and he's enormous for the sport. His record could end up, you know, as big as some of the game's greats, and it could over time.
Speaker 4: Do you both think him having some time off will make his game stronger?
Speaker 5: It's yeah, I keep going back and forth on expectations for him, especially the next few weeks, and obviously coming back straight into the highest level of the game, he's going to have a buyer, so he'll play someone that's got matches under their belt. So but obviously playing at home as well, they'll give him an extra leg as well. So I think, you know, probably lower expectations for him this first week. I'll be interested to see if he doesn't play many matches, if he takes a wild card into a two point fifty the week before the French Open, So just sort of monitor that one.
Speaker 1: But with your coach has had on, would that be your recommendation.
Speaker 5: Maybe if he doesn't get enough matches this yeah, I think, you know, if it's probably two or less matches, i'd probably I feel like they'd sort of explore that option a little bit. But you know, only three months out. The season is so long, and I actually think it probably gave him an opportunity to freshen up a little bit and come into the French Open ready and raring to go, where there's a few injury clouds amongst.
Speaker 3: The top of the game.
Speaker 2: Look, three months off is a long time.
Speaker 1: It is a long time, but.
Speaker 2: There are you know, there's so many cases where the rest periods are not long enough in our sport, and there's no real off season, and players that have toured, like this young fellow here next to me, know how physically debilitating it can be. So I think not necessarily. Will it help him in the first few weeks, Yeah, maybe it will, but I'm not so convinced there. But in the second half of the year, that three months off might might make a big difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that three months, like he's not sitting on a beach sinking apparol spritzers, like he'd be working by that time to keep.
Speaker 2: Darren Kale has been in Monte Carlo for more than three weeks, three to four weeks. They've been working hard. Yeah.
Speaker 4: My other question is a bit often can you manage, like, imagine the energy right now in Rome with the conclavelave going on.
Speaker 1: You've got Cinner back, Yeah, Cinner for Pope.
Speaker 2: Well, there might be another statue. It will be Zeus too, one into the stadium.
Speaker 1: Yeah, put some white smoke up a new Pope Sinner's orange smoke, burned some carrots, very good. It's anything else to add on, old mate, Cinna.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just I just happened to be a fan of the good guys of the sport.
Speaker 1: Yeah and city next tok.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am absolutely. I've said that before in this public forum. It's not working, and I don't say it when I don't mean it, by the way. So I think we've been blessed in the men's game over the last you know, twenty or thirty years, We've had some great leaders of the sport, and this is one of the new ones. And he can be that locomotive that takes the game along end of the next serve. And if you've got a good character at the top of the game, I think it helps enormously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely having someone for younger players, young kids look up to yours.
Speaker 5: You going to play the Devil's advocate real quick? Do you think it's a coincidence that his three months ran or the duration was between half the Australian Open and days before the Rome well Master's his home tournament.
Speaker 2: Fair question. As the Devil's advocate, if you read and know the information, you'd have to say no. Because the governing body they it's up to them to make that decision eventually, and so if you know about the appeals and the chronological order of how it all happened. I would say no, but I'm not party to the exact information there.
Speaker 1: It is convenient, though.
Speaker 3: Isn't it nice and convenient?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: See, that's that's that's suspicious.
Speaker 1: To talk about love conspiracy.
Speaker 5: I like your jacket by the way outside because I didn't forget to change the subject.
Speaker 1: Lawyer, All right, well, Luke, sticking with you, Caspar rud he's your court, your eye.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think one of the challenges for Janick Sinner at the French Open in a couple of weeks, just winning his first atp Masters one thousand in Madrid, defeating Jack Draper, who's having a fantastic season as well, now top five in three sets, and he's opened up about his mental health challenges and seeking some advice from a psychologist and yeah, he's quoted here it's like personal training for your brain. So I think, yeah, it's super important to come out and be open and honest like he has. And I feel like a lot of people can relate to that as well. On tour and I think, you know, from a public's perspective, we put a lot of these players, these professionals on such a pedestal, which they are incredible athletes, incredible players, and you sort of think, oh, they're doing just fine and making millions of dollars, but everyone, you know, sometimes or some people can be struggling behind quite closed door. Sorry, So I think great for him to be open and honest about that, and I feel like he's a real chance at the French Open in a few weeks. The last three years he's gone semi's final final, so I think he's a real challenger. One of the best players on the clay just moved so well, such a great fullhand who's playing the uts in France where I was a few weeks ago with Alex Demonaar and he won that, and just one of the best clay courters there is, and a real chance to win his first Slam.
Speaker 2: I think he's in that second tier of the of the top echelon.
Speaker 1: Yep, but of clay.
Speaker 2: He needs everything to go right for him.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, I'll probably retract my words a little bit, like definitely on the hard court is a chance as well. Yep, the French he is legitimately one of the best clay courters in the world and I was having a chat with with all of my good friends this morning, and he was almost arguing he's the second favorite behind Carlos and with Yannix obviously average preparation without playing matches, so he's definitely a chance.
Speaker 3: And I think, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That argument's absolutely legitimate.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, it's amazing, and I think well done to him for being open about his mental health struggles. I know, like we'll talk about it as just normal people, but being in the public eye that open about it. And I was reading too that Jack Draper has come out and talked about his anxiety as well, that he suffers, and you know, it's just becoming such a big important topic within tennis and sports.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone has their struggles, and just because you're at the top of your game, it doesn't make it worse, exactly, under such scrutiny from fans, from your detractors, from other players. Yeah, but just opening up and just being honest with the tennis community, I think it just has a really good opportunity for that dialogue.
Speaker 2: I think that tennis community comes from a global community that are just average people. Initially most of them are. It's a cross section of a global community most of them come from average backgrounds, whatever that actually means, and they just happen to have a very special skill set in their area, like a lot of people do. In this world. There's this tennis and so they're going to have the same struggles as everyone else. Anxiety. Look, anxiety before you played big matches in front of a big crowd. Yeah, that's pretty normal. If you weren't nervous playing on Sentta cord at Wimenen or any of those big stages, you weren't.
Speaker 1: You weren't paying attention, you weren't normal, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: But it's great. And Jack Draper, by the way, I take my hat off to him. Look, because he has had a run this first part of the year. I didn't quite see that coming in the Australian summer. And I've got I've got to admit, and I've always said that if you're not in the top five, six or seven men players in the world, you can't win a major. And so therefore I probably didn't give him a realistic chance of winning a major in the near future. But if he's top five now, he's knocking on the door of that top echelon of the sport. But qdostin him as well.
Speaker 5: He's always felt like he had the game, but maybe just the physical side he lacked potentially, So I felt like at the Australian Opening he still wasn't maybe playing as well as he is right now, but he won a few five setters which proved to me always is in much better shape here and mentally ready to take that next step, and he's playing unreal tennis like he's really taking care of some fantastic clay courters easily. So he's definitely one.
Speaker 3: To watch as well.
Speaker 5: I'm still not sure best of five seven matches if he can win a slam, but yeah, who knows.
Speaker 3: He might prove me wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of caspar Ruod, he actually was to another player, Eager Sviertek, who's had some difficulties in the WABE and while I was perusing, as I do, Polish news sites with the help of Google Translate, it came across a little article that was pretty broadly picked up around Eager skipping the entire grass season. That has of course since been refuted by Eager herself saying no no, no, no, no, no no no no, I'm playing women. What are you talking about that?
Speaker 2: I'm glad she is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, it would be quite a loss to have an entire grass season, no eager.
Speaker 2: And it's going to be the hardest one for her to win, I think, because her game is based around that forehand and she wants a high bouncing ball generally on that forehand, and grass rushes her a little bit, So it's going to be the hardest a surface for her to win on. But if she doesn't go there every year and give it a shake or give it a go, she may never win it. And she wants to give herself the best chance, and that's to play every year, earn every year, and finally hopefully Rory McAll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, And it sounds like she, you know, has had a lot going on recently. She's mentioned how a bit of a slump in her form, passing her grandfather and a few other things sort of building up. But it sounds like she's very keen to get back on the court, you know, her happy place essentially, and use that to help propel her through this and then get onto the hardcourt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, we definitely hope she's doing better and plays the grass. And I'm not sure about you, FITZI but when you played, I'm sure there were some guys where if you drew them at the French you almost shake the hand and say, well you're.
Speaker 3: Much better than me, but yeah, too good. But then you draw them.
Speaker 2: It was about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you draw them a month later and you're licking your lips and you're saying, is this is a good draw? I think you know with all jurispeic Eager and Casper are similar in that sense where you draw them at the French and I'd shake the hands before walking out. But Casper is probably one of the better draws for a seed on grass. I think you know that's probably a fair comment.
Speaker 2: Have a titlet wimed.
Speaker 5: Right, yes, and I was just thinking she did. But yeah, his famous comment was the only grass that he likes. He's on a golf course.
Speaker 4: Sticking with you, Bret, I am moving to talk about some women who had some wins this week. Firstly, I wanted to chat about Naomi Osaka, who won in Saint Marlow. It was a w T a one two five event and clay for hers, she considers her worst and last year she was talking about I remember we talked about her, I think on the pod about how she's really focusing on mastering it because she'd always considered it her worst so first and she really really wanted to get there anyway. She won, and she put up some really great posts on Instagram. She did some great tiktoks about how she was eating it up and she was you know, it's just really great to see.
Speaker 1: Her back well finally that she also had some kind of struggle with mental health and that you know, a couple of years ago and now look at her now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this is her first title in four years since she's come back after her break from mental health and having a baby. So I'm really excited to see what she can do. She faces Palla Badoza in round two at the Australian the Australian Open, the Adelian Open, having just been in Sarah Rani. Not an easy drawer with Bidoza, so we'll see what happens there. But the other person I wanted to talk about was Petra Kaviteva, who is just back from having her baby and she has won her first match as a mother, so that's really great as well, and she says she's back for joy, not results, and I think sometimes we've talked about this lots of times. Sometimes when you're playing for.
Speaker 1: Fun, you get to get more results, come for the joy, tat the traffic home.
Speaker 4: So they're just two gowls I wanted to call out. I think it's really exciting.
Speaker 1: Two women out there.
Speaker 2: Absolutely love both of them. Yeah, you know, it's a story of resilience when you can go through I think what Naomi's been through and what a credit to her. That feeling of winning a tournament happens for most of us very rarely at that level. It's you know, there are only six times I didn't leave six times I didn't leave the tournament as a loser in my career, and the in men's singles on the tour, so they're very difficult to win. This will be a beautiful feeling for a beautiful feeling, I would think for her to win again, and especially on clay on clay, it might give her a real I think kick along ter. I'm not sure if she could ever become what she was before. I don't know, but great and give bit of a two time win Wooden champion. Yeah, sometimes when you don't expect to win and you don't actually put that as your first priority you win a little easier, it can happen mentally, so it'll be interesting to see where she goes.
Speaker 1: I've got to say a complete sidebar, but one of my favorite things about tennis is that it's the only sport where you literally get the rug pulled out and the surfaces different. Like the NBA doesn't suddenly go from hard floors to carpet. You don't see your right. But it's really interesting part of the sport because hard caught, grass, clay, they are completely different things, and.
Speaker 4: It kind of changes the dynamic.
Speaker 1: He We've still got the same players, but that yeah, like you were saying, it really flips on its head. You know, this one he or she is going to absolutely smash it. The French become Wimbledon lucky to get through the first round. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: And the ball variation on a grass court and a clay court is a great part I think of our sport. You know, if you have a perfect bounce, every time, there's room for a perfect bounce. You know, the US and Aussie Open, we get a reasonably perfect bounce. Sometimes they're a little lower or faster, but on the clay and on the grass, there's deviation, yeah, and that's part of learning how to how to play. It's I think it's a great nuance for our sport. The change of surface.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it makes it completely different to any others even other racket sports.
Speaker 5: The traveling component as well, and even I think Sasha's where I've spoke about the difference in conditions for clay on clay courts recently, and like he won Munich and that's historically very heavy and slow courts and nice and cold there, and then you've got a Madrid where it's six hundred meters out toitude, balls flying around and top to control and he's played well at both, so I feel like that's yeah, it's even grass has obviously changed over the years, Fitzy, but just the difference in court speed and mental fortitude as well, and having to I guess, yeah, acclimatize to different time zones, and you know, Alex Demona for example, and a lot of the players earlier in the year went from Dubai to Indian Wells, and you know that's just that's an absolute hike, and you've got to prepare and play four weeks in the States as well in different conditions. So it's definitely a challenge that I feel like a lot of people tis sort of give enough respect to.
Speaker 2: Playing with jet leg you know, if I can dwell on a great point well away look made on clay. Clay is made from the local area generally, So you have a quarry in Hamburg that is different to a quarry in Rome, and so you get a different consistency, yeah, a different different grain and it behaves differently. And then you have the climate that kicks in. So if you've got a lot of rain, there's it's colder in Hamburg than it is in Rome. It reacts differently. All of those things contribute to the nuances of what happens on clay. They're not the same, you know, you think generically they're all the same service, but they're not. They're very different. And they then you go to altitude, it is a whole different ballgame, like Luke said, So all of that for me adds to the character not just of our clay court tennis, but the character.
Speaker 1: Of this of individual tournaments within that swing. That's why we love this absolutely. Yeah, all right, well, they're still a quick whip around the rest of the news. Sabalanca Current Queen of the women's Game took another title in Madrid. Pretty impressive.
Speaker 4: Yep, it is very impressive.
Speaker 1: I thoughts other than that, Jo.
Speaker 4: I love that she keeps winning. I kind of want someone else to win though, just the storylines. But I think she's doing really well and she's obviously playing amazingly and it'd be interesting to see what we see in Rome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, And young Ozzie maya joint. She was actually on the sit Down this week. She made it through the qualities again. In Rome, she went down overnight very tight three cents sets against Emma Radicadu. She's just definitely.
Speaker 4: In it with Emma Radicano, which is great to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brent, but I think we've actually got a little clip from this week's sit down Andie chuck it.
Speaker 7: In or you've cracked top eighty. What that has done for you is just completely changed the way that your schedule and your season is looking. So like walking onto pat Raft Arena under lights in front of five thousand people to play as a rinker, or playing Pagoula on John Cane Arena at a Grand Slam like twelve months ago, you wouldn't know we need that.
Speaker 6: It's definitely a this is ridiculous kind of moment where I didn't really feel like I was supposed to be there kind of okay, like it just felt really weird me being there or playing against Pegoula and John Kine. That was very walking out into that court, I felt, oh boy, this is I was like, I'm not winning this match. That's what I was saying.
Speaker 4: Now, Okay, And I've had to work a.
Speaker 6: Lot with my mental coach about just kind of playing those matches because more of those matches have happened where I'm playing like a name, yeah, and I just need to play the bowl that's coming at me. I'm not the person.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So my joint there. If you want to listen to the whole interview, jump on your favorite podcasting platform of choice, look forward to sit down, or if you're already subscriber, hurry up and go listen to it.
Speaker 4: I wanted to call out one other person who just won this morning from Australia, Jordan Thompson defeated.
Speaker 1: Why are you bring him up? Bro?
Speaker 4: Because I love him. I Betchy Perikard three six six three seven six and he's up next against Nakashima. So well done, Jordan, and he thoughts from his best mate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, well yeah, it's great to see tom O back. He's been dealing with some injury problems lately. I think the latest one was an oblique I've been spinning a little bit to his coach, Marenko Matosovich, and was struggling in Barcelona with that, and I don't believe he played singles in Madrid. So it's in a few weeks to recover and great to see his back and that's definitely a winnable match against Brandon Nakashima, and again just having an incredible career.
Speaker 3: Tom I.
Speaker 5: He was I guess playing away in the in the challenges for a while. They're sitting around seventy or eighty in the world, which is having a fantast career, and I guess the question mark was if he could sort of push into the top fifty and even get seated at Grand Slams. And I feel like he's changed his game so a little bit, playing a little more aggressive and made a few tweaks and just you know, playing great singles and doubles. Grand Slam winner in the doubles as well, So fantastic.
Speaker 3: The sea. I'm very happy for my good mate.
Speaker 1: Plenty more of the tennis to come stick around. I'm gonna have a quick break after that, we're gonna have a top five and then the ace of the week stick around. All right, well, welcome back. I'm in a new seat. There's weird stuff on the table. Are we playing solitaire? I don't know, Brie over to you.
Speaker 4: Aren't you gonna like announce it? No, you're gonna let me do it.
Speaker 1: This is all you. I just want to know why this crystal's here and why it's sticking.
Speaker 4: That one's good for protection?
Speaker 1: Has it got honey on it or something?
Speaker 4: Anyway, it's cold.
Speaker 1: So for those who are watching on YouTube and the list of thing, there's crystals on the table, Yeah, there's Bree has tarot cards card. Normally this is where we'd be doing a top five.
Speaker 4: Okay, So for the top five today, we're going to go through five players. And we know that we had great feedback from about twelve months ago when we did horoscopes and players. We thought today we would see how they're going to go at rome. Am I supposed to play that?
Speaker 1: Okay? So theme music Mystic Brief, I love it.
Speaker 4: Good work, producers. But we're going to go through five players and we're going to pull a card from the deck and we'll talk about how they might go. So just you know, I grew up in a hippie home. I've been reading cards since I was about fifteen. Taro is. There's no bad tarrant cards. They are only bad tarot readers. So like lots of people think there's lots of evil around it, it's actually they're all.
Speaker 1: You can put a good spin on every card. Yes, let's see what we get. Leave that there first.
Speaker 4: What's None of them are bad, but like some mean stuff. Anyway, the first one is going to be I get that. Yeah, I've got the sound right. The first one be Naomi Osaka. So she is up firstly, as we discussed in round two with Paula Bodoza. So fun fact, she won her first title as a mother last week in France. Again, we just.
Speaker 1: Talked about it.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna pull a card. What have we got, Okay, we've got the three cups.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's gonna beat three trophies.
Speaker 4: No, she's gonna I think she might win Bidosa because this is the card of celebration, so it means winning basically, like good things coming.
Speaker 2: They're all celebrated, babies or anything.
Speaker 3: No, not three games.
Speaker 4: No, it's just celebration. So I think she's gonna win. There we go, Naomi Osaka.
Speaker 1: It is great.
Speaker 2: I like that when you interpret a tarot cat anyway you want. Ah, what about if.
Speaker 1: You do this and turn it upside down?
Speaker 4: I don't believe in that depends on the taro.
Speaker 1: It's not very convenient.
Speaker 4: Like when well, it depends on the reader. Some readers believe if they're upside down, it's the opposite that came out up the right way though, So regardless, I still think it's celebration. Every tarot card has a story, and the more you start to read them, the more you understand the story. And I've also read a book on the history of tarot cards.
Speaker 2: You're becoming very intimidating.
Speaker 4: I have become you know, I have predicted people of when they're going to fall pregnant who didn't know they would fall pregnant. I was I, reckon, you're going to be pregnant in April, and she found out in April.
Speaker 3: She was pregnant.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: She was like, nah, no, we're not. Yeah, I can be good, not always.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, Naomi hopes you are So that was good. What else you got?
Speaker 4: Okay? Number two, we're going to rubelfe who's one of my faves. He is playing either Fonseca or Marizon. Did I say that right?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 4: And he A fun fact about him is that he slept with his racket as a kid. So I'm going to pull a card. I'm not sure how relevant that will be to the cards. Okay, No, this card is about how sometimes it's the six of coins or the pentacles, depending what you want to call it. And you can see here one hand, the man is holding a just as symbol and there's beggars and there's all coins around him. So sometimes this card generally means you need to give to get in return. So I think there's probably some stuff he's going to need to do to win on the court, and that giving might need to be to himself in terms of self care.
Speaker 2: It may also need to be to his racket. It could be it's been pretty harsh on a couple of rackets.
Speaker 1: He's got sleeping with him and cuddling his racket now to ripping them apart on the court.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think he probably needs to give I reckon, it's to himself. He needs to give himself some self love in order to you've done on the pot.
Speaker 3: You're the reader.
Speaker 1: So if he does that, your card.
Speaker 4: You generally win.
Speaker 1: Great. Okay, it's good win.
Speaker 4: Okay, number three on we love on. So she's up against someone we were just talking to talking about. Bit of our fun fact. She's known as the Minister of Happiness on tour. So let's see if we can give her some happiness based on the cards. Oh okay, this is the wheel of.
Speaker 1: Fortune, will or is it a different one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a different one. Okay, we're not guessing any words. This just means that you everything that you need to achieve what you want you have. It's about how you play.
Speaker 1: He's got the tools, just needs to deploy them correctly.
Speaker 4: How you play it. Okay, So it means you can have it all right, but are you doing what you need to?
Speaker 1: So far, these have all sounded very similar to it. I knew you were going to say that if you can do a thing, but you know you want to do the thing.
Speaker 4: You know what's really interesting? This is major arcana. So this is a power card right, major economies that sits at the top. And these are like your suits cards. So this is a big card meaning this I'm saying the wheel of fortune. It's a big card and meaning that like big things are shifting if but this is what fortune telling is. Everything relies on your choices. I could shift tomorrow based on what they choose. Great and thank god, these are all very positive cards.
Speaker 1: Yeah good negative.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've got Sister Pass. He's up against Mula. Fun fact. He had a near death experience in twenty fifteen while swimming, and Create says it changed his life and he made peace with death.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 4: We might keep shuffling for a bit card based on what we just talked about. This card is another trip to crete. Whoops, No, he's got the luck card.
Speaker 1: Just luck. Sorry more Luke's called it.
Speaker 4: It's it's literally it's the luck mystic Luke. Yeah, yeah, there's not much to say about that's one.
Speaker 1: Everything else. He's the handsomest man in the hell be around.
Speaker 4: My predictions would be a circle win. Cis Pass will win both rube lev and Ons have the power.
Speaker 1: To Okay, yeah, they've got a few extra trophies at this event because if everyone's winning.
Speaker 4: Just this next round. Oh, gotta pick up a phone call it. Okay, our last one for Paulini. She is up against lu lu San who obviously had some good runs last year. Fast fact about Paolini. She is from Tuscany, but Rome is her favorite city in the world. So will home be her lucky city?
Speaker 1: Probably based on these Oh there she is.
Speaker 4: She's got the joker.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this actually means if she tries, she can win. Still loved her.
Speaker 4: I'm never eating your you will never get any assistance with your life.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: The Joker is about new beginnings, it's about innocence, it's about bridal joy, and it's also about just going with the flow and seeing what happens. So no real answer there. I think this is just who she is. She's a bit of a joker. Yeah, I would say. I would say that her personality is embodied by this card.
Speaker 1: So she's not going to win.
Speaker 4: I think she's just going to go out and court like she always does and see what happens. Yet to be determined.
Speaker 1: Okay, TVC card good, did we enjoy that? I had a hoop?
Speaker 3: I'm confused, but so.
Speaker 4: You layout, guys, and then we go deep levels and.
Speaker 1: Then okay, well, for more insation on that, check out breeze upcoming podcast, Mystic bree and the Bullshittery of Nothing.
Speaker 4: Quite good.
Speaker 1: No, that was fun and I enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: Totally different. But look, I think you know it's not gonna be bad for any of them.
Speaker 1: I've got no thoughts.
Speaker 4: We ask, Yeah, none of the other ones.
Speaker 1: What our aces of the week. I think we can all agree that it was everyone was.
Speaker 3: I got think of another one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, come on, Fitzy and I are both Country South and my mum, brother and nephew are coming to the Big Smoke this weekend.
Speaker 1: Who were?
Speaker 5: That's a definitely a new one, new experience and off air, Breeze just told me that Carlton are going to be Saint Kilda tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: So as a as a.
Speaker 5: Culton fan, I'll go to that game now. I was just waiting to see they're going to go to that one maybe one or two more games and just will Okay, I'm.
Speaker 1: Going another luck card. That's God, all right?
Speaker 3: We need we needed that win.
Speaker 2: Is there any possibility they may not win?
Speaker 5: There always is hard for Saint Kildo then.
Speaker 2: So you can't you want to can't curse out the year the two reader mate when when they look, if they look, you do let it curse herround?
Speaker 3: What are they going to fumble the ball like that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. So that'sulating the cards.
Speaker 5: So that's my ace of the They're going to be here for the weekend, show them around the city and just have have a good time.
Speaker 1: It sounds very fun.
Speaker 2: Tell us tell us your hometown. What's the name of it? I know what it is, but I want to hear it from you.
Speaker 5: Cobb, Dogglar, Cobb and Cobby is the the three on of people leave there one main street.
Speaker 2: But yeah, on the northern side of the just you know there's a curve in the river there is in the Murray River where yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: So in the riverland region. Yeah, six nice hard courts there and we bad above bad above our average on a state scale. We always go to Adelaide for the regional competition country canals, country carnival and.
Speaker 3: We always do quite well.
Speaker 5: So it's going to be good for them to come here and a nice it all change for them.
Speaker 2: How long are they stay?
Speaker 3: Just the weekend? That's all they can handle?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well, I walked in here an hour ago, and you know, I was feeling I was early and I was not rushed at all. And I came in and I was feeling relaxed, and I took my jacket off. I left it on the closed hook of the closer and I look up at the beginning of the podcast and the host is wearing my jacket, not me.
Speaker 1: It looks great, you mean this was I.
Speaker 2: Got to say, you look good in it? But am I going to get it back?
Speaker 1: It's my question, you might not necessarily today.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Well, I walked in and I realized that the T shirt I had on it wasn't I it's all and suggested I should cover it, all of it, including stuff.
Speaker 2: There's no sweat marks, No, no, no, I'm just checking.
Speaker 1: It's fine. It did have a nice musk to it when I put on. Hopefully that'll rub off. One of our producers grabbed it and said, oh, there's a random jacket here, and he just goes, yeah, it's my jacket.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite brand.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, came up Williams.
Speaker 2: Oh you know the story.
Speaker 1: Though I know you talk you length. I've got reginal marriage on now.
Speaker 2: I have a fetish for Aroon Williams.
Speaker 1: Good, and so I got to how many pairs have you got?
Speaker 2: Do I have to answer that.
Speaker 4: How don't you bought like three pairs the last time you were here? Or was that your friend?
Speaker 2: I have no He was going on, I have a pair for every day of the week.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got to admit.
Speaker 2: Maybe more than that fashion of my first In short, that's my first Aaron William's jacket, right. I bought it. It was special to me. Now I'm not sure how special it still lives.
Speaker 1: I haven't passed win once.
Speaker 2: Great, I'm not sure I asked that question.
Speaker 1: No, I don't need to be prompted for everything.
Speaker 4: I've gone to the dogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's good. Well, thanks thanks for the loaner. Please shall we returned after express strike cleanning?
Speaker 2: Thanks? Andy?
Speaker 1: Ace of the week for myself. Look, it's been a bit of a bumpy week. My son fractured his ankle. He's five years old, so he was not too thrilled about it. But he's got his little moon burd on now. But I think the Ace of the week for me was related to that. When we dropped off at school, all of his little school buddies came out, and we're excited to see him because he's got his little crutches, which he was very nervous about. And I'm like, mate, they're all going to want to go have a crack at them, and they did. Everyone to go. The principal came out, his teacher and all everyone at the school was great. So he, you know, not ran off, but he kind of hobbled off on his crutches and his little five year old sized moonboot and had a great day apparently. So yeah, my ace of the week was Matt masson prim School. You are brilliant, beautiful, Thank you very much. Yes, what about your break?
Speaker 4: Do you know what? My ace of the week is oddly related And we didn't even align this so as our listeners probably know if you've been around for a bit, I am accident prone and have had issues with my ankle, which I did ligaments in once. Then I did it three months later. Then I I what did I do? I sprained my big toe during the AO, and after the AO I broke my little toe like and not just broke. I then started was playing tennis on the little toe that was broken, and then they were like, you need an X right, you've chipped off the bone from jumping while playing tennis horrifically anyway, So I've been off my feet other than walking the dog for quite a while, and I like to exercise. I am back running. It's very good news. I'm not running far because I'm so scared now of injuring something. But I've done a couple of cads the last two days and I'm feeling good and I'm just happy to be back running.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm really excited. Yeah, but stay tuned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly two weeks from now, just in full body traction.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, I've got a friend who's like, sure you're not that accident prone, Like, and you were friend And then we were out for drinks the other night and I'm talking getting excited about something. Next minute I had thrown my hands and thrown the wine glass and the wine went all the way down the back of the man next to me. Is what Ralph Lauren shirt.
Speaker 1: At least it wasn't our worm.
Speaker 4: And I was like, and luck he was dark because he's like, don't worry about it, don't worry about it, and it was bad. I was like, and he the guy I was with. He was like, you are accident prone. I was like, I am anyway, so stay tuned.
Speaker 1: Well that's very good to hear. We're consistently worried about you, but me so my friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might have a high paint Forresshold, I do have a high she talks about. That's impressive.
Speaker 4: No redheads do. It's like a gene thing. The mutated gene hit a.
Speaker 3: Tennis among colleagues.
Speaker 1: She stopped playing because they kept destroying her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I stopped because I thought I was impacting the enjoyment of the game.
Speaker 3: Stopp because you were losing.
Speaker 1: Come on, bro, But you know what, I have fun.
Speaker 4: That's all that good. I'm playing for the joy these days. Luke, you'll probably I might need to pay you.
Speaker 3: To let's go.
Speaker 2: He's expensive.
Speaker 1: I'll pay it paying tarror readings.
Speaker 2: He's going to.
Speaker 1: All right. We just sent it to madness, as we always do. It's usually my fault. This week it was Bree, So thank you all for being a part of the show. Always fun having you guys. Bree as usual, hoot and half.
Speaker 4: Great to be here. I'll leave my tarot cards and crystals at home next week.
Speaker 1: No, leave them here. Andy wants to have a crack after. I want to see what Harpers future holds In the edit process, plenty to be done. Join us again next week as Rome will be getting towards the business end of its event, and in the meantime, don't forget. You can watch this episode every episode of the Tennis on the Australian Open YouTube channel. Don't forget to like subscribe, hit the bell all those things, or share the Love Lab a review, subscribe on Apple Podcast, whatever you want to do. It's up to you. That's it. Thanks Tan, have a great week in tennis.
Speaker 6: Have you both