Speaker 1: It's a Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning Pats, Morning Christian, and happy Friday to you Jackson.
Speaker 3: You guys too. How are you feeling. How's the nose this morning, Christian?
Speaker 2: It's still a little sore, Thank you for asking, but better than when we did yesterday's show. I'm glad, yes, ex then.
Speaker 3: It's still swollen, but it's still swollen.
Speaker 2: It's so nicely you did just reinforce a temporary facial disfigurement. It's not a nice way to begin the show, by the way, you still look a mess, all right. The next twenty minutes we do double thumbs Up Friday. This is where we go around the team and we share the things that we're into at the moment. Patsy is the queen of this feature. What are you giving your double thumbs up to? Patsy?
Speaker 4: I had to. We went to this place. It's a local shop out Hopper's Crossing Way out in the West where we live, and I just I had to make this a priority as one of my double up segments. It's called Sprinkles. It's an ice creamery and we've lived in were before over twenty years. We didn't even know it existed weed.
Speaker 3: We catched up.
Speaker 4: That's great grammar. We caught up with friends across the break and they've just become grandparents and they take their kids to this shop. This Sprinkle shop, what it is. It's in the middle of a residential area. It's like an old style corner milk bar.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: But the good thing about it is the people that have it. Two brothers own this shop. They were brought up in a milk bar in Hoppers Crossing. They're in their forties, I guess. And this is what they want to bring with this business is this lovely local milk bar experience. And honestly, you will grew up with yes, and you go through the doors of this place of Sprinkles, and honestly you just feel the joy. And Zay, who is one of the brothers, is there most days and he is so lovely in the shop. They've got over sixty flavors. They do Sundays and all those.
Speaker 3: Old scream eat ice cream.
Speaker 4: And the other thing they do is they've got a lot of uk Us confectionery that you can't normally get here. So next time I go, I'm going to get you something.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought, he was setting up like a nice.
Speaker 4: Now, but Sprinkles it is.
Speaker 2: I've actually got some confectionate for you guys today from Yeah. Have you ever had a little frightly treat for the team? Have you ever had Tonics teacakes?
Speaker 3: Never heard of it, But a tea cake doesn't really get my stomach rumbling like ice cream.
Speaker 2: How are you would coconut?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like it. Bounty is one of my favorite chocolate.
Speaker 2: Oh, then you'll love a Tonnux teacake made by Ted Tunnock in eighteen eighty in Glasgow, Scotland.
Speaker 3: Noted, Yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: A family business still exists to this day Tonics Teacakes. I've got the teacakes and manner from the gods. Caramel wafers also from Ted Tunnick's hands.
Speaker 4: Okay, sorry, anyways, still alive and still making stuff.
Speaker 2: No, he's obviously passed it on to his grandson now eighteen eighty, making him work in that faction old man something now lazy get used to be easy grinder coconut.
Speaker 4: So you'll find Sprinkles in Thames Boulevard just past Beth and your school, and they're about to open one in Point.
Speaker 3: Cook as well.
Speaker 4: Even if you're not in the West, trust me, it is worth a goal place. Oh it's honestly this it's joy. If I was to sum it up in one word, it's joy. It's brilliant, awesome.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast Friday Morning, we're doing double thumbs Up Friday. We're telling you the things that we're into at the moment, things that we recommend. Anything we talk about. If you are interested, you can find out more about it while it busy listening to the show on the background. If you go to our Facebook page or Instagram you'll find Christian O'Connell Show there. Jack, what's it for you? Mate?
Speaker 3: And yesterday's show we played a great isolated vocal from Whitney Houston and it reminded me that this week I saw this awesome clip on YouTube of Whitney Houston singing in the nineteen ninety one Super Bowl doing the spar Star Spangled banner, which is the US national anthem. People might have seen Lady Gaga did it. Yeah last night the inauguration of Joe Biden, and this clip that I watched is the guy saying why he thinks that the Whitney Houston version is the best ever. It goes for over twenty minutes long, and he breaks down.
Speaker 2: Everyone like Rick, does you know there's great YouTube ones of like what makes a great song and they break it down. It's so interesting.
Speaker 3: He's in the very same vein as Rick Bardo. His name is Charles Cornell. You can find him on a YouTube, and he breaks down this song for twenty minutes. He's a little bit of him listening to the song.
Speaker 2: My god, it's so good.
Speaker 3: It just makes you like you can't even just so beautiful.
Speaker 2: The ease with which she hits those high notes just like ough strain it all.
Speaker 6: It's like it's an effortless, completely effortless.
Speaker 3: I love watching somebody when they're really passionate about something. Obviously I don't have the same attachment to the US national anthem as other people do. But he was so passionate about this and went through why the arrangement of her version of the song is so good and why her singing is so good, and it is amazing. I've got I've got the last twenty seconds of the Star Spangled banner. This is Whitney Houston, nineteen ninety one Super Bowl, the best ever US National Anthem.
Speaker 2: What a voice. I'm no musical expert, but that she had some other voice and over Yet, there are so many great bands who struggled at the super Bowl because either the sound there and they know there's a billion people watching it on TV. That would be crittiquing every single moment. Her voice I've never heard that actually given me goosebumps. She smashes it.
Speaker 3: And when you watch the clip, the word effortless that he uses to describe it is so true. She just looks so comfortable, so chill, but able to hit those powerful robes before. I'm obsessed with Whitney Houston now after hearing that, I.
Speaker 2: Watched The Bodyguard You can't be anchor this weekend, and the next one on my list is the Whitney Houston documentary.
Speaker 3: Sad anyone has recommendations for Whitney Houston stuff?
Speaker 2: Bringing my way, I'm Totty and Kevin Costner. What's not to like?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for tuning in us a Christian O'Connell show with every Friday, we start the shot with a thing called double thumbs Up Friday. It's just me Jack and Pats, please join in if there are any shows. Everyone's constantly trying to find out what's a good show or a good documentary to stream or watch. These days, we're consuming so much TV, more than ever. If you don't know anything that you want to share with everyone listening or with us, email me Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au. One of the new things I started this year, and I hope I can stick to it, is I start a book club with my eldest daughter, who loves to read like me. So every month we're going to read a book together. I brought us our two special notepads that we then make our notes and we sit down and we talk about them. And then we've just done our first book, which is an amazing book. I love this book. In fact, when I brought an extra copy for your wife, so I know she does an amazing proper book club. It's called the Group and one lots of awards. It's an amazing story. My six year old daughter absolutely loved it. That's our first book. I'm given that nine out of ten. It's an amazing story.
Speaker 3: So have you done the meeting yet where you review the book together or is that still to come.
Speaker 2: Yep, we've done that and now we're already started our next book, which is The Lying Life of Adults that she picked. So we're each each of the we're each taking it turns to pick what book we do.
Speaker 3: So and then when do you do it? Like in the living room, is your wife like hanging around the background and lowest the other daughter are they hanging around or are they not invited into the room?
Speaker 2: Lois don't isn't a reader, So I'm starting with her. We're having guitar lessons together. Yeah, but I'm telling you, Jack, you're going to need to give me some flexibility exercise for my fingers. I'm really struggling to get my hands round it. It's so awkward if you're not.
Speaker 3: Used to it to get the strength on the string.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and not just that, they go, what's happening to your little finger and you're trying to put pressure on it. You don't even know what's happened to that finger. It's like gone to sleep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't bring the pinky in for at least two months.
Speaker 5: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, I watched the guitar teacher not telling me about but bringing a.
Speaker 3: B so you've got a teacher. Oh that's great. Oh good luck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well I say good luck. I'm finding it really really hard to stick to something new, really really hard.
Speaker 3: When can we hear a song?
Speaker 2: Well, Lois wants to. I said, look, if you commit to a couple of lessons, right then she really really the big thing she wants. She wants a lead guitar. She wants to get a proper guitar. Now she's got like the classical one, but she really wants.
Speaker 3: Like an electric guitar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and electric guitar. So I said, you've got to stick to a couple of lessons.
Speaker 3: First of all, that's an easy bar.
Speaker 2: The other thing that I'm also into as well. It's on stand, a big BBC TV show in the UK. It's got rave reviews. I'm halfway through. It is incredible. It's by Russell T. Davis. Russell T. Davies is the genius who rebooted Doctor Who and made it an even bigger show all over the world. About fifteen years later. He's the guy went out and saw out David Tennant and said we should do something different with Doctor Who. Russell T. Davis got the new show set in the eighties called It's Us in five teenagers in the nineteen sort of eighteen year old all moved down to London. I won't ruin it for you. It's about incredible time all around the world, but centered around London is an amazing show. It's a sin and the other thing. I'm really lately party on this. I know loads have you been im much store of that? I finished it all Shit's Creek. I don't know why on that. That is a really really, really funny, well made, heartfelt but ah god, they're just all of them are brilliant in that Shit's Creak is great. That's my double thumbs up Friday. Anything we've talked about recommend you can find on Facebook and on Instagram as well.
Speaker 1: Christian Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you just heard that, but they were like gales of wind in the studio. The air conditioning unit that Jack and I kind of held hostage by every morning is very unpredictable.
Speaker 3: Every day he'll do something different. You're not sure if he's going to be cold warm. He can be warm.
Speaker 2: We have a remote control for it. It's just that ignores remote control. Maybe once a week, it will actually respond to what we ask it to do with remote control. But just then it's suddenly signed Billowie get us windown, just as I turned the microphones on. Anyway, So Christian O'Connell's show Friday morning. So yesterday I came back after a show off because I can cussion enough to whacking my nose, I am going ahead with the photo shoot. Yep.
Speaker 3: Well I don't know why. It's not like the book comes out next week and the photo's got to be done by Monday. Why why didn't they want to take a week off.
Speaker 2: Well, I showed them what the nose look like. And also during the day yesterday gone on Google to see why I did. He'll a cut very quickly. This is what I typed into Google. By the way, he'll a cut very quickly, and it said super glue.
Speaker 3: Ah, you went on a prank site.
Speaker 2: Yep, super glue. No, they use it in a field dressing sometimes.
Speaker 3: No, they used like like a medical Nope.
Speaker 2: They use glue's glue.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: The problems over the next couple of weeks of my gluey nose. The photo shoot today is this where so what I is? I got a little bit of household super glue. Okay, went to stop, went went to went and got some and push the skin together, the two flaps, but a couple of beads like you would do if you put it together a vase or something, or a precious ornament. And that's what my nose is put it. I held it in place for a bit, right, and I was using those surgical gloves professional and then.
Speaker 3: So you took some precautions, just not the glue, yep.
Speaker 2: And I had some coffee granules ready because apparently if you get super glue on your fingers, you get coffee granules on straight away and it takes it off.
Speaker 3: God forbid you get some on your skin. Oh yeah, that's right. You're putting it directly under the.
Speaker 2: No on an open wound, jack on an open cut. So hopefully with the photo shoot today, it'll all be healed up thanks to a nice super glue joint.
Speaker 3: Where was your family yesterday when you shouldn't be left alone.
Speaker 2: Home alone?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Christ So yeah, I'm going ahead with a photo shoot. So Jackie boy, what are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 3: We have our family Christmas due on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Cheaper to book a lunch somewhere, isn't it now? You know, wait until the end of the month.
Speaker 3: Except for this year January thirty first, so just squeezing in there by the end of the month Mom's side of the family. I'm not sure why it's got pushed so late in the year.
Speaker 2: I mean he's upctually February.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't the Christmas spirit as well, and truly passed if you noticed that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and are you doing presents and stuff like that?
Speaker 3: Well, Chris Kringle, so the present exchange, you get to get it for one person.
Speaker 2: Can you be bothered?
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 2: I'm supposed to be meeting up with a friend this weekend, right, and we were meant to meet over Christmas, and we just couldn't sing it all up. He was doing something, I was doing something, And so we're supposed to be having our Christmas drink this weekend until I texted me instad the going Hey, just a heads up, I'm not drinking until the first of March, but still looking forward to seeing you. The guy we know who this is. You know he runs kiss over there? Sure, right? He just texted back when I see him March then, So I'm not seeing next week. Get I thought you might still say I just want to hang out with you as well. We don't need beer to make a great time. He's gone, hey, I'll see your march when you're drinking. I'm not saying if you're going to be sober.
Speaker 3: It doesn't surprise you. I've never seen him sober.
Speaker 2: No, not.
Speaker 1: Christian Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning to Dave's just texted in like a way you can find that amazing Whitney Houston performance that Jack was raving about earlier from the super Bowl in the nineties of Star Spangled banner. If you go on our show, Facebook page, Christian O'Connell's show, or Instagram Dave, you can find the link up there all right time. Now for all your emails, we call this late to the Party, where you can ping us about absolutely anything when it suits you.
Speaker 5: All of these.
Speaker 2: Emails we've got this morning for Late la Party are concerning head whacks of all shapes and kinds. Okay, we've got all different locations where people have banged their heads. This was because yesterday I was talking about how I banged my nose by running into a glass store. Let's go to the deli counter at Cole's First One Farm, Rebecca Christian my head injury story. These girls working at the deli at Carl's. Always whenever I got to those deli counters, I've never managed to get there without doing that thing where you go, there's always that. I get very nericous about going to the deli counter because I never quite know what the protocol is. There's always at least three people milling around there, and I don't know are they being served.
Speaker 3: Because only fifty percent of the people or fifty percent of the time are they using the number system. The number system uses the number.
Speaker 2: System in the UK. You don't walk up to it and just ask for the olives. You get that little ticket and you wait to be called out. It's like bingo, bingo. I get my rash as a bacon where it's here. No one already knows that ticket system.
Speaker 3: Because the deli counter is so long, you don't know if a guy right down like ten meters away from you've got there for you or not.
Speaker 2: I hope Corls some almost listen to me right now. Idea it works a pharmacists, Why don't you have like two layers behind you on shelves of all the meats and olives behind you. Then people might know where to get the stuff. And I let you go to the pharmacy. You just queue in a line.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, but they don't have to be raised above everybody else county.
Speaker 2: Now, I'd like to see them install the pharmacy system there. I remember once, you know, when they also go, how much do you want? And I don't know what sort of pound of weight you want or half a kilo or two and fifty grands. I always just sort of my I remember once I want some a couple of slices of turkey breasts. Right then he went how much? How much do you want love? They always call you that day, how much do you want love? And I don't know why there's a parent. I went, two slices. She sort of looks me at so she sliced off two slices of gate to me, and I went to my wife. I panicked, I've only got two slices because if my wife went, you need to go back and asked for ten, I went, I can't do that. It wasn't even a dollar, right, it barely weighed anything. Listen to my wife, I can't get think that's not wrong with me. I made my wife go back and ask some more to rest anyway, Beck, she's working at the deadly counter of goals. It's forward tension. That's what we've learnt this morning. I lean into the case. That's what the deli workers called it. We call it the fridge. They called it the case. I lent the case to get some bacon for a customer, and as when I was moving back up to straighten up, I hit the back of my head on the edge of the case and managed to knock myself out. Everything went black and I keeled over. I'd also given myself concussion. Beck, Beck, we'd like a bit more details what happened the guy I want his bacon? I mean, if he hadn't got that number, he could still be there three years later, playing for a streaky bacon. There. Where's she gone? Because you've disappeared behind that ledge, we don't know where you are. Let me can be a whole load of bodies down there behind that big, old, extra long dead counter. Christian, I heard you on the show yesterday talking about head injuries. But the photo shoot, I've got this story for you. My grandson had a football themed party for a seventh birthday at a local sports imagine thirty fellow seven year old It's entire virtually school. You was there running around with one football. Jake and his cousin ran into each other at full speed, resulting in Jake getting a huge black eye. The next day was the school photo at school. There was always one kid who had a like a split lip or a black eye. It was not the school photo rules, wasn't it. Next day was the school photo at school, and the bruising was now covering Jake's eyebrow and cheap bone. My daughter, because Jake's my grandson, my daughter phoned the school and said, maybe don't take Jake's photo. It would have been the only missed school photo from his that yet all his primary school years. Late in the morning, He's got a phone call from the school photographer saying they could airbrush Jake's injury from the photo. My daughter agreed to this, and she got the traditional school photo of her song with no sign whatsoever of his black eye. It was perfect. Maybe you could ask a photographer if they can do the same with you. Kim, Thank you very much. I mean all I needed the details of the school photographer and I get them to do the photo shoot. Kim, thank you very much. Christian about six years ago, is to build truck bodies for a living. And once the truck bodies have been primed, is that painted?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like, well, it's like painting. It's like an undercoat.
Speaker 2: The prime there is the undercoat.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What are you saying two pairs?
Speaker 4: No, I'm agreeing with Jack. It's like preparing it for to get the final cone here, just.
Speaker 2: Like an undercoat. Yeah. Yes, can I have another one of those? I love? Please give me one more than you. We went there, lift them onto tall stats to paint the underneath of them.
Speaker 3: I forgot what it was now too confused.
Speaker 2: What stage is? Can it just attached drawings for all these things? If there's more than one step? I get very confused with these emails. About six years ago, who is this Ryan wells rye baby? Is he's building truck bodies for living? And once the truck bodies have been primed, ye, undercoat yep? We would then lift them. This is the truck body. It's lifted onto all stands to paint the underneath of them. Sure. Yeah, to attach the body to the chassis. Of the truck Listen, Ryan, forget it on a Friday. This is too much going on. Sorry, mate, tried, tried, Maybe Monday, I'll go back to this.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast, Wow week All right, knock on Friday.
Speaker 2: It's the single most important question on Friday that we ask each other what time you're knocking off today? So we ask you a Friday, what time are you knocking off today? You're downing tools, you're finishing work, and then what is your highlight of the weekend? Tell us what time you're knocking off today? And then what is the thing you're looking forward to this weekend? Patsy, what's it for you? Mate?
Speaker 4: I once I finished work today, I can't forget because it's back to school today. I can't forget to pick her up because we're back into that routine and going to pick up the big excess baggage out at school carry case case.
Speaker 3: She's not allowed to get on the bus because the too much overhead lugga.
Speaker 4: She can't lift it.
Speaker 3: Check and.
Speaker 2: Patsy makes the most amazing lunch for her langel Audi every day. Please share it to mind and what is in this pact lunch today?
Speaker 4: Well, she did it herself last night. She's got today, she's got a lemon and garlic chicken filet, a nice, fine little filet that she just seared in the fry.
Speaker 2: Pandas a sort of nine year old version of Nigena Lawso just knocked this up.
Speaker 4: Last night she did she did a lovely green salad. What else has she got today? Lavoche, bread and some cusscuss and I think she threw some berries in there as well today. Not a compote, Yes, she has got a compote, jack yiss.
Speaker 2: This is amazing.
Speaker 4: I on a bit of watermelon.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's quite a banquet?
Speaker 3: Is the last supper?
Speaker 2: I mean, seriously, you got really forced me to have a salad or make a salad at the age of nine. I'm impressed with that. All right, Jackie boy, what a time are you knocking off today?
Speaker 3: I should be the chest night tonight. I had to cancel last week. Well, my friends canceled last.
Speaker 2: Night because of the rain. All those pieces brook the night, all floating ways.
Speaker 3: Son, say for the other couples to drive from our house swim but don't dry. This Chest night should be three couples, two chessboards.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's like maps across five nights. Jack's chest night. So it was meant to be last week.
Speaker 3: My friends canceled last night.
Speaker 2: I bet they did, Yeah, because they found something else better to do, watch paint dry.
Speaker 3: I've had to cancel this week.
Speaker 2: What's up with you? I saw tummy I don't want to do ches.
Speaker 3: I don't know went to the pharmacy those.
Speaker 2: Six week bits. I told you there's too many, too many for the little baby bird Tom.
Speaker 3: The pharmacists said, it might be food poisoning, but it doesn't feel likes. So he said, if it's off food poising, maybe I've strained an abdominal muscle crunch doing too many crunches.
Speaker 2: And two hours of crunches a day, alright, just two hours of crunch a day. And then he plays chess, and then what is crunching? And so whils the pharmacists recommended for Tom? Tom?
Speaker 3: Oh, what did he give me? He gave me? We said, lie down and gave you all tummy rubs starting with me. I can't remember the next busket pen, Yeah, busket pans.
Speaker 2: Jack's medicine starts Monday, and the spoon goes round the mountain.
Speaker 1: Young the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: They're doing knockoff Friday, where we kick start the weekend by asking you what time are you knocking off this weekend? What time do you knock off today? And what are you looking forward to this weekend? This weekends are taking life into my own hands. Tomorrow taking down the Christmas tree lights. That the first time ever we put Christmas tree lights out in front of the house, and I wish they'd stay up all year. They look lovely, and he's so the pound ones. They look really nice. They're not colored, they look great, but my wife wants them to come down, and so she's out tomorrow. She's going to dive into my down right here, So it means me and the fourteen year old lowest she's in charge of being at the base of the ladder while I go up there. And any time we've worked together on a ladder operation, right, I almost fell off it because she taken her foot off. It was just staring gormously into TikTok. That's why I'm taking life into my own hands while going up a ladder with a board. Fourteen year old that's supposed to do that. Most important person is the person beneath you with the foot on the ladder. Just put that foot in there like it's going to save you. The difference one foot barely pressed down there is lightly resting on it if you're coming for down. How's the foot going to do anything to a man falling six up in the air.
Speaker 3: There's two ways to wrap up Christmas lights as well, the way the electricians do it, where you looper properly put it all back.
Speaker 2: Me can get a piece of cardboarder a bit of down or do you just do that?
Speaker 3: I do the scrunch up and then put it in the bin and buy a new pair at the.
Speaker 2: End of the year. That's what I tend to do. All right. Let's go to line saying what time you're knocking off today? Good morning cat, Hey Christian, How I'm good cat? And how are you had a good week? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Just knocked off.
Speaker 7: So I'm going to go home, taking all drinking pooh and clip the bunny.
Speaker 2: Now drinking.
Speaker 8: Well, it makes it look like I'm doing a better job on the rabbit, mate.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, so lucky rabbit. So why are you cutting the rabbit or trimming the rabbit so early in the morning, Because.
Speaker 7: He's an English angor and he's mad at and I've let him go since I've got his little nutty bag cut.
Speaker 8: Off and he needs to be trimmed and he hates me.
Speaker 9: We can't blame him, So what's going on?
Speaker 3: Afraid to ask any questions?
Speaker 2: Okay, can't well listen. Have a lovely weekend you.
Speaker 7: Too, And I've worked out the problem with you, fourteen year old missus.
Speaker 10: He's tying her to take her foot off the ladder.
Speaker 7: Hey, they're going to go hard in the insurance policy.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being the whistleblower.
Speaker 7: All right, I have a great weekend, guys.
Speaker 2: Wow, Oh you take care now bye. Do we need to check in on her? That was amazing.
Speaker 3: The drinking pi is still to come.
Speaker 2: I think I think she was halfway through it on the sound of that vocal quite amazing. That poor rabbit ee quake into the background. Kevin, good morning, Kevin Gay Christian, how are you? I'm good mate? Thanks God on the show. And what tell me you' knocking off today?
Speaker 5: Knocking off at four oh six pm?
Speaker 2: Four oh six pm? And is this because you need every single minute to build up for your hours and stuff like that?
Speaker 11: That's just the way the boss does it.
Speaker 5: Mate.
Speaker 2: Do you know what we had a caller last week that was like four oh seven or something. I think it was four six last Yes, is it a standard thing for some of you? Four oh six?
Speaker 11: It gets to thirty adel waking.
Speaker 5: That's all it does.
Speaker 2: That's what it is, right, Okay? And then what are you looking forward to this weekend, Kevin.
Speaker 11: I've got a twelve year old that started high school yesterday playing baseball on Sunday morning at the Petn and Pumis Baseball Club.
Speaker 2: So you're going to go and watch practice this weekend. In the first game, it's very horse games gone this shows because.
Speaker 11: That's hard of just before Christmas.
Speaker 5: But it's a good little film. We can move up there and we kIPS love.
Speaker 2: It so awesome. I hope enjoys it this weekend, Kevin, have a great weekend, Christian, My Jessica, time for one more Jessica. Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 8: I am knocking up at five pm tonight. But what I'm really looking forward to this weekend is going out tonight for a celebrated diinner for my birthday.
Speaker 3: Today, Happy birthday, Birthday.
Speaker 2: This is amazing. And where are you going in Melbourne tonight then to celebrate your.
Speaker 8: Birthdaynight, we are going out for a dino parma at the Third Word Cafe in Albert Park.
Speaker 2: Now, and this is infamous. It's huge. I mean it literally is the size of a dinosaur. It's sort of like it's more you want me to eat all of that yourself.
Speaker 8: No, we're we're going with four people so we can get two palmas.
Speaker 11: And everybody shared, right, okay?
Speaker 2: And who are going with some mates?
Speaker 8: I'm going with my partner, going with his girlfriend and also a friend.
Speaker 2: About hope you don't mind me asking, So just in the role call of people go for your birthday there, So you're going with your part no, ye and his girlfriend yep, all right, and a friend as well. So there's the three of you. Hope you don't mind me asking. Not this, I'm just curious, that's all that's okay.
Speaker 8: I know it's not like super common.
Speaker 2: But yeah, man is not super common. So we all live together, and that the fourth person is living with you as.
Speaker 8: Well, No, I know, he's just a friend of.
Speaker 2: He holds the camera photo photos with could easily be a great sitcom, This one I'd love to watch so there's you and your partner and his girlfriend and you all live together.
Speaker 8: That's great for me, but we all live together, so that works.
Speaker 2: Wow. Amazing. Wow, you have a great party. You have a great party and birthday party tonight. Enjoy the dino. Just go bye bye to confuse that that fourth person.
Speaker 1: He Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Amazing story in the news today. A forty four year old man is lucky to be alive after he was attacked by a crocodile while slimming or even swimming. He was doing both. You know, that's how you get slim. It's by swimming, but it's called swimming. Swimming in a lake in far North Queensland. He was swimming in Lake Placid and Cairns attacked by the crocodile. He told paramedics he felt the animal's jaws clamp around his head and that's normally when it's over, it will take you down. The most effective predator in the world. You must have heard that on that crocodile tour when he got to Queensland. Patsy. Yeah, they tell you about ever ever, not even as a joke or a prank or a photo, not even an arm you know he managed this hero He managed to pry the animal's jaws off his head, and then he had a considerable swim to the bank where others called the emergency services. Imagine that his head is in the jaws of death crocodile's head, and then he and the crocodiles there, you do they only eat once a year, six crocodile thinking, it's not in February, and I'm not to have these years. What an awesome start to twenty one guys. Guys got on here. Yeah, and he's like, let's get his head out of the crocodile. Then he's got a concern that's not enough. He's then got a considerable swim, not a swim, a considerable swim, makes it to the shore. Queensland paramedics are there. He's covered in puncture marks and he tells them what he just done.
Speaker 3: This is incredible, amazing.
Speaker 2: That's tough. Would you have the presence of mind you even think about doing that?
Speaker 3: I guess even if I tried to do I wouldn't have the strength.
Speaker 2: Of course she would six week weeks a day that you have ten crocodiles, you could fight, You'd easy those curls you do in the crunches, you're just prying over, probably one armed or something of that. This moving here, just a couple of fingers to prize it open. This is time. I think if it was me the heads in the crocodile, I'm like, it's over for me. There's no point even try. Bye bye, whoa. These things are too much of me. I just give up. This makes me think, though Australians, you guys are and women are tough. Your bread tough here, Okay, you're not like us pommies. We're in a far more sort of lily scented, softer land here. The land's tough, the people are tough. So this morning I want to know, I reckon, there's other people listening right now who've got a story. Maybe your head wasn't in the jaws of a crocodile. Not too many stories about those knocking around on the streets. But maybe you've got a story where you did overcome insurmountable odds. You know, maybe you shouldn't even be alive here today to tell your story. Are you our toughest listener? Do we have anyone who's as tough as this here? Don't even know this guy's name that actually managed to pry his head out of a crocodile's mouth. If you are this show's toughest listener, please call us right now. We need to hear your story and tell us why.
Speaker 1: Hello, Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Are you our toughest listener? Are you the best around? Nothing's going to keep you down. I'll tell you what we would do the world's biggest podcast if we could play the world some of the calls that don't make it on air. You might be going, hang on a minute, someone wants to do get put through. So that is nothing the course at Young Rio and Young Jacob had to take the last twenty minutes. We need on hand priests sometimes and therapists to bless some of the people that have to hear some of the strange stories. What are they hearing? When I said, are you our toughest listener? Someone called him man twenty minutes to about biting the head off a spider. All right, this is going to lines, Carly. These people have all been vetted, Carly. Good morning, Good day, Christian.
Speaker 7: How are you going, come.
Speaker 2: Morning, Color. You haven't been the head off a spider? You made a homemade bomb. Seven once we've said not today show, right, Carlie, are you our toughest listener?
Speaker 7: So not me, but my brother. He was about twelve and he was running his back to school and a car backed out of a driveway and hit him. Wow, And they thought they hit the bins reversing out of the driveway, so they sort of proceeded to keep going.
Speaker 2: And then when she was even if you knock the bins, you just got it to work, don't you take away wrappers and over the stream revery one.
Speaker 7: So when she realized that in actually her child, she failed, him sort of into the car and asked his address and then rocked up on our doorstep and knocked on the door, very worried about confronting the poor child's parents are knocked on the door, and uh my mom proceeded to yell at my brother.
Speaker 2: For this sort of thing my mum would have done. We're doing jumping on that car. You pay for the damages now with his pocket?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Well what's your brother's name? Ah?
Speaker 7: When?
Speaker 2: And is he okay? Now? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 7: Fine, like he you know, just appeared cuts and scraps and stuff.
Speaker 2: So yeah, those all right, Carly, that's a great story. Really made us laugh. You have a great weekend. What was happening sounds with a baby in the background. Yeah, yeah, how old is he young? Like two or three? He's eighteen months, he's eighteen years this nervous about going back to school to make bye? Jason? Hello, Jason?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Hi, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm going to Jason? Are you are tough at listeners?
Speaker 6: I don't know, maybe the stupidest, but yeah. Well, we went away on a holiday down at Venus Bay and we took the dogs down and I took them for a walk across in or paddock. In that paddic there was a donkey and we got I thought it'd be nice to go to the donkey, give it a bit of a pet. But donkey got scared of the dog started trying to heal kick him. So I've immediately just reacted and grabbed it by the headlog trying to bring it down.
Speaker 2: Bring something dustin Porri in the UFC, All right, goodness, make it worse for yourself. Go to Snow's town. The Johnkey's trying to tap three times what they do in the UFC. Fights over fights over.
Speaker 12: It anyway, I know.
Speaker 6: So we got out of the scene, all right. But they're pretty hard, pretty everything.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean, I don't think I ever would just approach a donkey for a pat They do not like animals that want to be a wild donkey. It's not like it's a cat. His chin. Oh my word, what's happened to Jason. It's an amazing story. Thank you very much. Leave those donkeys alone, Jason, Leave those donkeys? All right? Dare we take any more? Hang on saying it? What?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Let's put this out? Uh? Kim, Yes, Kim? Are you are? You are toughest listener?
Speaker 11: Well, I hope so I just laughing at the guy trying to double tap a donkey anyway. Well, I hope i am. Because when I was traveling down through Queensland, pulled up near Townsville and I was just eating my mayonnaise and chicken toasted sandwich and I was standing there with my car and I heard a large wolf sound. And it wasn't a dog. It was a gentleman who was fueling his car a Jerry can in the back of his car, and his car had a fridge in the back and it exploded with the fuel jerry can or fuel through the back of his car. And I look over and see him holding the fuel nozzle, still trying to brush the flames off his arm.
Speaker 2: What did you do? I mean, you don't rush.
Speaker 5: Switch in my mouth?
Speaker 3: And then I decided, well what am I going to do here?
Speaker 11: And I raced. I was in the military at the time, so I was in the Navy.
Speaker 2: To this. I was trying to put the sandwich in your mouth. Then you walk towards danger.
Speaker 11: Oh, I couldn't let my sandwich go.
Speaker 5: It's a really good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chicken and Mayo went straight home.
Speaker 11: That Chicken and Mayo toasted, but it had to be toasted. And I went out over there and grabbed the virustinguisher. Everyone else is just standing there and I put him out in the back of his car. And and he was left standing there, covered in white down at the back of his car. And yes, he wasn't impressed, but he was happy the fact that his car is not burnt to the ground.
Speaker 2: He saved his life, people, their lives, pets. Where did you get that toasty from? By the way, where are that Chicken and Mayo? Yeah, he had a fridge in the back of his car.
Speaker 11: Yes, one of those camping bridges, the ones that run on a gas pilot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's caught on fire.
Speaker 2: Oh well, Kim, Actually, at the moment, you are our toughest listener. Okay, yep, that's you. At the moment. You're hot, You're the champion, reigning champion, at the moment, excellent.
Speaker 11: Can I give a shout out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess save a man's life, put him out of fire if you go.
Speaker 11: No, it's not that, gentlemen, it's a KRLI and the team would be Orthdonic's just saying hi and hope they have a great day.
Speaker 2: Lovely all right, Kim, great call, Thank you very much.
Speaker 11: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Dare we ask for any more listeners? Yeah, we do, right, Yes, it is Friday, Daniel whit it's just on the line. He wants to sign up that Donkey the last going for a rematch.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We'll currently deep in the search. Are you our toughest listener? Makes the story about a man in Queensland. It's going for swim. Suddenly his head is in the jaws of a crocodile. They managed to pry his head out of that crocodiles and swim back to safety. It's an amazing story. But this morning, are you like that? Do you have a story that you can share with us? Ring us up and say Christian, I am the toughest listener. All right, let's take some more calls right now. Robin, good morning, good morning, How are you. I'm good, Robin, Welcome to the show. Are you our toughest listener?
Speaker 13: Possibly? So, I was out for the day with my daughters and we pulled over to a day camping area, cookab our snags in bread, chopping up with your firewood as you do with your little hatchet that you have with you. It's the block of firewood that I was cutting up into some kindling and hit my thumb with that with the hatchet. While I was out in the middle of nowhere with my two daughters to cook up alan well, we were cooking up our lunch. So it was raining. I decided that the fire was going so well we had to still eat our sausages in bread because I wasn't going anywhere, And so.
Speaker 2: The thumb, so it's the thumb hanging off for half.
Speaker 13: The top of the thumb was half hanging off, so I cut. I cut down horizontally, would centimeter or so deep into my thumb, so the top of my thumb and half my nail was off. So my fifteen year old, when I grabbed the first aik Kicks from the car, wrapped a hanky around it and a bit of a bandage stopped bleeding. Yeah, And we sat there and we ate our lunch and you.
Speaker 2: Know, carried on with it like half hanging off thumb and still count awake in.
Speaker 13: Lunch I did. I had to sit for a minute and compose myself because there was a stage where I just about passed out, and so I thought, you know, I have to I thought this isn't too good. But you know, fire was roaring, snags were cooking, So what do you do? You've got to eat, and so what did you do?
Speaker 2: Did you take yourself to hospital? It's hard to drive if you've done your thumb.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Look I had about an hour's drive home. So I did that, showered all those things, and then I just was going to put a couple of those butterfly you know, like band aids over it, thinking it's all right, the glue itself back together. And one of my friends who's the nurse looked at it and she goes, you need to go to the hospital and get from any gardy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So I ended up at the hopital in ar and I was admitted and ended up having to have surgery on it. So I stayed overnight and then a few weeks later I had to go back and have more surgery on it.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, do you know what I reckon? You're the lead now, you are so fast? You are reckon, Robin, you are the toughest. This is so fast.
Speaker 13: Oh thank you, it's kin off.
Speaker 2: All right, Robin, it might be you. Let's take some more calls. Arthur. Good morning, let's go to Arthur. I'm good Arthur. So we're looking this morning for our toughest listener, Arthur. What's your story? Min?
Speaker 5: I got run over by a multi wheel ashtilt compactor. Well squashed.
Speaker 2: Now, just explain this to a laymer like me. Is that like it's kind of like your your steamroller. It's a giant.
Speaker 5: One of the term machines that's used for compacting the steam roller, the one with the drum compact that the multi wheel shines the surface.
Speaker 2: And so what did you under or so what happened, Arthur.
Speaker 5: I was we were doing traffic control in Sydney and I was on a ride quos but had to keep traffic off the ash belt because that had just been laid. And apparently the blake didn't see me hit me in the left shoulder. Down I went, and under, I went.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking at a photo of what you're talking about right now. It's a huge machine. It's a massive machine, seventeen tons yep. And what did it do? Compact you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I tried, and what happened?
Speaker 5: The left leg went under the world.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Seven.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the right leg went between the world and he left hip acted as a wedge.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can laugh fither. We're all in silence right now.
Speaker 5: So I gathered I would love to have been there to see the expression on your faces.
Speaker 2: Yeah it we're all shocked. And so I thought, what were the repercussions wip into your body?
Speaker 5: Two percent whole person impairments, constant spelling at the left leg because I lost the lymph grains in my grind, and about forty percent use to me left arms.
Speaker 2: Are you actually lucky to be alive?
Speaker 5: Yeah? And three and a half months in hospital and then the next two years after that in and out of hospital.
Speaker 2: I bet, And how are you now today? What's your paint like day to day?
Speaker 5: Ah? Pain, Pain is a state of mind, my friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think if I've been run over by giants or seventeen thing, it's not a mental thing. It's very physical.
Speaker 3: I just meditate on that.
Speaker 2: You hit yourself out, return to the bread.
Speaker 5: After you see three and a half months in hospital you learned to do.
Speaker 2: I bet you do. You are a tough oh man, seriously, half versus seventeen times after.
Speaker 5: Reds I've even got proof of it all.
Speaker 2: Well, but yeah, I mean, no one, no one, no one is saying, come on now, we don't believe you, Arthur. We we we trust that this is true, exactly right, Arthur.
Speaker 5: And I can give you a time date twice, Arthur.
Speaker 2: We don't need It's okay. We believe you, buddy. Okay, after everything you've been through, Arthur, I'm going to send you off to the SPA. Okay, I'm going to send you to Lang of Mihilton into anything. He just wanted that to Chauan treat me there on that pool deck. There's nothing wrong with him, all right, Arthur. Enjoy the spa treatment there at the Langham on us and thanks you, Thanks Arthur, take care mate.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So many of these stories today will stay with all of us for a long time. The hammer, the little hammer going through the thumb from Robin Arthur. Next time I see one of those, you see them around it all the time. Those giant compactors are seventeen to some one. And the aman Arthur, did he half go under it? Yeah? I mean you know when you say those in the cartoons, then well that's just a cartoon. A human being went otherwise and called est to say that he survived.
Speaker 3: It and laughed about it.
Speaker 2: I laughed about it. So thank you very much. Sure they made some stories you've given us this morning, we got time for a couple more. Lee, Good morning, Good there you're going. I'm good, Lee. What's your story for this? Then?
Speaker 10: Back in twenty eighteen, I was out practicing on my dirt bike. Love a dirt bike ride and all that sort of thing, and I had a pretty big crash and I just thought I broke a couple of ribs and a collar bone. Anyway, so I packed up and drove to short of just under two hours home back to back to Cayle, like where I'm from, And yeah, what didn't take long to realize that I'd done myself comes a bit more, a bit more of a nasty injury and got rushed to hospital. And once I got to the hospital, I realized that I'd they for me, that I'd ripped the main artery out of must pleen and tour it kicking in half.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, had enough with the smashing your collar bone and a couple of ribs. That's acony.
Speaker 10: But then all of that, Yeah, and it turned out that I only had about ten minutes, ten minutes of blood left, and before I probably wouldn't be with us anymore.
Speaker 2: So ten minutes I didn't know we had like gauges where they can go. They look somewhere, they go about ten minutes of blood left. Don't waste time chat to me ten minutes of blood. I might say that next time the boss, what's one of those long winded meetings on a Monday. Hey, it's about it. I just found out've only got eleven minutes of blood left.
Speaker 10: That is incredibly Yeah, basically, if I hadn't have got to hospital within that time frame. Yeah, I probably wouldn't be with us anymore. So it was actually obviously a lot more serious than what I originally thought.
Speaker 2: And you are lucky to be alive.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they I had to get rushed to Melbourne as the Alfred Hospital and they do blood transfusion and rush by helicopter and yeah, surgery and three months off work and yeah, still with us today, but only only one kidney now and yeah, but still he didn't tell the story.
Speaker 2: You take it. You're not on the dirt bike anymore, right, I've been back riding.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yep, couldn't keep me off it.
Speaker 2: But seriously, if that was me, I've been one of those zorbing balls in the bike and the bike. Wow, you are very very brave and tough doing all of that. It doesn't man rush more tough as listen, So I reckon, Robin's up there with the thumb, Arthur's obviously up there, and you Lee are up there as well.
Speaker 10: Yeah I was. Yeah, a bit of a tough time, but we got through. So that's amazing.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give you another SPA treatment at the Chawan Treatment Center at the Langham Melbourne. That's on us. You can have a hot stone massage obviously on the good parts of your body.
Speaker 10: Okay, no worries, right, thank you. My girlfriend will appreciate that.
Speaker 2: So lovely. All right, buddy, great cool, Thanks your story, Lee, Take care.
Speaker 1: The Christian Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Today, my friends, National Croissant Day. I'll tell you what. Croissant tastes great, but you're always intimidated by the excessive flaking that ends up on you.
Speaker 3: It's a dangerous food to eat.
Speaker 2: It is. It's like a peach. There's so much drawling and driven it goes on. When you bite into a peach. The costs on ninety eight percent of it will be on you. You have to you're brushing yourself for the rest of you down there. But they taste amazing. Today is National Croissant Day. Before we get into talking about pastries, did you know last week we covered the EMU Wars, But what about the Great Pastry War. During Mexico's eighteen twenty one war with Spain, the French pastry chef Emental's bakery near Mexico City was mistakenly blowing up. Don't know you do that After the Mexican government refused to compensate Remondale. He complained to the French king, King Louis Felipe, who demarred him Mexico paying back when they refused. It triggered a four month conflict between the two countries. No pastries from France to you, Mexico. A standoff. Isn't that amazing? All right? So on National Croissant Day, we're looking for your pastry bands. You gave me an idea, by the way, not profiterole. Yes, I didn't think of a humble profiterole one to her. Jackie Boy just jo on Patsy's news going, oh, Ages, I've been trying to think of a profetterole one. I was like, I'm going to try and get one now.
Speaker 9: Nat King, profitterole bronze, Fido con silver plus, KD Flan gold, but Claver Street Boys silver.
Speaker 2: I love a nice paper Clava vanilla slice gold, thank you, Macaron five silvil plus. Okay, Jackie Boy, what have you got pays Street bands, Iggy and the Strudles, Oh that's very good gold.
Speaker 3: Flock of seed roll, beg your pardon, flock of seeds.
Speaker 2: Hope you're going to bread out of the second gold for bravery.
Speaker 3: Crusty Springfield Crusty spring.
Speaker 2: For Dusty Yeah, crusty, Yeah, that's silver.
Speaker 3: And Flaky Velly and the four Seasonings.
Speaker 2: Gold thank you. Yeah, all right, what have you got then? Pays street bands. That's what we're looking at down the time wastter on the National Cross on Day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Today's time Waster on National crosson Day is your Pace stream Mans, Dollie Pasty Silver, Michael Flake Word.
Speaker 3: Mac Silver plus Tough like Rachel.
Speaker 2: The Yeasty Boys Silver plus from Down Bun Jovie Gold. First radio station I ever worked for, their big Daytimes thing on a Friday was bun Day Friday where an office would win buns. Seriously, that was the biggest thing that radio station gave away on Daytimes. We've got cash man here. They gave away just I think it was like.
Speaker 3: Ten buns like bread roll yeah yeah, well no.
Speaker 2: Covered buns, you know, a nice spunies right yeah yeah yeah, no, not just bread rolls. Okay. That was a Melissa match Box four and twenty PI Silver Tough like Jade Dog, the Sex Pastries not quite there, Bronze Buns and Roses Silver plus die Cakes Silver, Rage Against the parline's very good, lovely chocolate, Silvil plus because you didn't know what primeing was. That is goldworthy. Come on, that is way.
Speaker 3: Smart, though inauthentic to give it a gold.
Speaker 2: What it was gold, Bachman, Apple, Turner, Overdrive, too much going on? Bronze, ac Pastry Silver plus, Van Halen Gold, Earth Wind and Flower Gold.
Speaker 3: The Offspring rolls Silver.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry? Where was I? The Offspring rolls? Nathan, well done, Eagle Pie, Cherry Silver, Bread, Zeppelin Gold. Who's on the Blowflans Gold, Dexia's Midnight Buns, Bronze, Brioshani spears, that is God genius. We'll end it there. After this, we're going to find out who's winning one thousand dollars. First time this year we find our first call of the week thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrit.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So the first time this year, our first caller of the week. Every week on the show, before we bow out to the weekend, we give one of you one thousand dollars. All your stories, all your calls every single day is such a big part of what we do here on the show. Some amazing stories today which we'll still be talking about at the end of this year. So many great calls this week. Thank you very much as always for supporting the show with the brilliant stories. So it's always hard just to put it down to one of you to get the one thousand dollars in cash thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrick. Here's some of the great calls we've had this week, and I just mean some of them.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hello, the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Hell coller of the week. What time you're knocking off today?
Speaker 13: Good morning Cat, Yeah, just knocked off, So I'm going to go home, taking a little drinking through and clip the bunny Easy.
Speaker 2: Now drinking Brook.
Speaker 8: I'm doing a better job on the rabbit Mane.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid to ask any questions. Who's doing tough job today in the heat? Good morning, Jason, Good morning.
Speaker 13: I've been going to just about three o'clock.
Speaker 5: I have the amazing task of pumping out tortable.
Speaker 3: Tour Jason, how bad does it get during the heat, because I imagine it just makes the problem worse.
Speaker 2: I feel sick.
Speaker 10: Yeh, Look, it's quite horrendous.
Speaker 1: Amanda and I worked in childcare that today. Ship is away so I'm going to be cooking for about sixty or seventy kids in the.
Speaker 2: Kitchen, sisty to seventy kids, and what are you making them today?
Speaker 1: The menu officially today is going to be lembs hugging off that.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking we much love.
Speaker 2: Can Jason? Are you are tough as liten?
Speaker 6: Well, you went away on a holiday down at Venus Bay, and so we took the dogs down and I took them for a walk across in or Paddyck came in that paddic there was a donkey and I thought it'd be nice to go to the donkey.
Speaker 5: Give it a bit of a pet.
Speaker 6: But donkey got scared of the dog, started trying to heal kick them. Immediately just reacted and grabbed it by the headlog trying to bring it down in.
Speaker 9: The US goodness met you worst for yourself, go justleves down.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Aller of the Week. All right, it's tough to give it to just one person, but it's a very vivid story Jason trying to choke out a don key to save his dogs. Jason, we're giving you the one thousand dollars.
Speaker 12: Thank you, Christian.
Speaker 6: That's absolutely awesome.
Speaker 2: It really made ludicrous.
Speaker 12: Say too, Welcome to Australia.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you very much. That's very kind of you to say, Jason. Enjoy your one thousand dollars mate. It was a brilliant story.
Speaker 12: I'll tell you what, Christian, I know, I have a lot in my life and I'm wondering if you could give that to a kid that maybe not a received a present for the bushfires, or or in a business that's struggling at the moment with the way things are going. So can I give that back to you and find a kid that's worthy of a couple of presents, or a few, quite a few kids for that matter.
Speaker 2: You know what, it's your price. If you want to give you one thousand dollars away to somebody else, we can help be part of that Monday. I'm sure there'd be people who listen to this, you know, after the year that some people have had last year with COVID as well and the bush fires, I'm sure there'd be someone that we could help out that all. Like you said, even a couple of people. It's your money to give how you want. Yeah, we're stunned. While was stiling in the studio, it is your prize money. But yeah, if you want to give that back then we fully support that. And good on you, Jason.
Speaker 12: I appreciate that moment.
Speaker 6: A lot more people were doing it harder than what I am, so it'd be nice to give back to the community.
Speaker 2: Awesome, all right when we do that, and we'll let you know what we do with it as well. Jason, thank you very much. You deserve to be our cool of the week.
Speaker 5: Thanks buddy, Thanks mikee boy.
Speaker 2: All right, what a lovely way to end title today's show is Arthur versus eleven Tons. Another thing I'm not going to forget this weekend. My favorite bit of today's show was Arthur just told us this barely billieable story about seriously actually being flattened by an eleven ton compactor. And at the end of the call, I said, see you later, Arthur, take care and he said, always, this was a guy who was flattened by an eleven Ton compactor. Always. We're back Monday morning. Thanks listening the show. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Christian mconnell The Christian O'Connell Show podcast