Speaker 1: The story that everyone is gripped by is Ben Affleck trying to rekindle his love life.
Speaker 2: I thought it was if I'm going to get a stripp before my hend No, I mean, we've moved past that one. But the new story that everyone's gripped by is Ben Affleck trying to rekindle his love with Jennifer Garner.
Speaker 3: We're surely not.
Speaker 1: So. There's been quite a few articles that have come out off the back of some relatively cute family photos, like it looks like they're co parenting really well, they're getting along really well. And then a undisclosed source has said that Ben would really like to rekindle his relationship with Jennifer Garner. She's not interested at the moment, but he holds hope that in the future.
Speaker 4: Was that her public statement more well, I'm currently not interesting, you know, come back, circle back after the next gen.
Speaker 1: You know, when it's an undisclosed source and it's just totally made up by the journalist that actually no one's ever said this.
Speaker 4: She's in a relationship, yes, that's why she's not interested.
Speaker 3: She's very happy. She said.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's interesting because, like I mean, he does have a track record of this, right, Like he has a track record of going back to exis very famously, he married Jennifer Lopez after a what like twenty year hiatus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's married a thirty five times now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but blessed, maybe they've really ended that now, like maybe it's properly dead in the water.
Speaker 3: They're never getting back together the words of Taylor's swash, getting that together.
Speaker 4: But I don't actually think, you know, I don't think he pinballed between the gens as much as we think he did. I think he kept going back to the same gen, But I don't think his ex Jennifer Garner ever actually took him back.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, But I do think it raises questions because a lot of people do seem to gravitate back to old relationships, even if those old relationships weren't very good in the first place. It seems like sometimes we have this like very romanticized memory around old relationships, or maybe they're just like an easy springboard when you're lonely and like needing someone to fill a hole. Not really wow, feel a gap in your heart, like a life whole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I say this.
Speaker 1: There was a really interesting article that Body and Soul published around this, and it was like a lot of people talk about it as though it's like divine timing. The relationship didn't work out in the past, but maybe in the future you come back together and you get this second chance of love that I often think it just doesn't work out because I don't necessarily agree that it's divine timing that one person slipped into the other person's DMS. I think it's usually that one person's single and you go back to familiarity, and usually you go back to something that you have romanticized that it's like going to be a better version, or you remember all the best bits about the relationship, but you don't remember all the crappy bits and all the reasons why you broke up in the first place.
Speaker 3: It's the devil. You know.
Speaker 4: It's a comfort, it's easy. You've been there. You know you can fall back into it. You don't have to go and do the PowerPoint presentation again from like this is where I grew up, this is what I like, this is my job, this is my history, Like you just pass all the bs. I don't know if I agree with you so much because talking about divine invention. I had a friend who was like the plub version of Jen and Ben.
Speaker 3: Is in exactly what you want to be called in life. I mean, they're not in the.
Speaker 4: Public eye, just normal people. But they got married at like nineteen twenty. They were school sweethearts, and they were together for a few years and then realized this is not it. We're too young, Like we want different things, we're growing in different directions. So they divorced proper divorced, didn't stay in contact.
Speaker 1: Like dated other people had other relations, not even.
Speaker 4: Like maintaining They were like, we don't We're not in each other's lives, didn't follow each other on Instagram, like.
Speaker 3: They just moved on because they were young. And then probably.
Speaker 4: A decade later, she had had a relationship with someone else, had had a baby, like fully moved on, and she was in the supermarket in this new town and she went down the aisle and she ran into her first husband or when she was twenty and they're like, oh my god, like, how you being whatever like, and he's like, oh, you got a kid, and she's like yeah, but she's like, we're not together anymore.
Speaker 3: Whatever. They ended up remarrying and having more kids. Together. So that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Genuinely for them, was that right person, wrong time. They needed to go and live their lives, and then they came back together. They'd be married now for like eight nine years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think there's always exceptions to the rules. I'm a bit of a cynic about it. And I think the reason for that is is because like in my twenties, I was like the relationship ping pong. So I would be in like a long term relationship, we would we would break up because obviously it was not a good relationship, it was not going anywhere.
Speaker 3: Then I'd have like five years.
Speaker 1: Of dating other people and one lonely night, I'd be like, Oh, what's that guy up to?
Speaker 3: And I'd go back.
Speaker 1: I often would end up redating people that I had had long term relationships with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have analyzed you over the years, though.
Speaker 4: It is because you were a monkey brancher from relationships and if there wasn't a new relationship for you to monkey branch to, you monkey branch back.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, we don't need to psychoanalyze me on this show.
Speaker 4: We're already I've spent six years psychoanalyzing you know.
Speaker 1: I was a hot mess in my twenties. Everyone, it was not good. Thank God for that Bachelor show. Look, that's the end of the show, guys.