Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch.
Speaker 3: Up podcast, Sweeties, Douce per Favor and Tell a French Tell a Friend that Flex and Frooms are running for president twenty forty eight.
Speaker 2: Not sure if Biden mentioned it, but this is Flex.
Speaker 1: And Frooms on Cater. Last week we posted a video on the internet about HR and how HR is a conspiracy. This is from my own brain. I need to preface it by saying I'm not speaking about my personal experience at Cater, but in experiences more generally. It has nothing to do with people in culture at Cater. Thank you. I pose the concept that HR is not there to help the employer. HR is there to help the employer. Tell you why hundreds of thousands of views, rapturous applause in the comments section, Okay, most of the comments. I will say, we're a men's sister type thing. Slay, the boots down of the category of Amen's sister, all that kind of nonsense. Running Someone said the other day, is Amen like sligh? She was like, oh man, it's neither here nor theirth always it.
Speaker 2: I would say it is here, and.
Speaker 1: I didn't say it. Heymen, I thought damn.
Speaker 2: You said, not a teachable moment. Please continue.
Speaker 1: It's not my cross to bear.
Speaker 2: Put it that way.
Speaker 1: Nice. There was some conjecture in my comments, I'll put it that way. But my favorite comment on this video was hr is the companies what property managers are to landlords? Can I get a sleigh on that sleigh? Other people will like to me, this is so obvious, like dr someone said to me DURR, and I happened to reply to the DIR. Yeah. Look, I don't know if a reply thought, but this one hit me different because I thought it's not DIR. Actually, I didn't know about this until I knew about it, That's what I replied. And I think I'm happy to put my back out, get my pointers out. I was pointing as well, which I think is quite unbecoming of a young woman. And yeah, I was fired up. However, if there is ever a legal crisis, perhaps an unfair dismissal, or you have experienced some untoward behavior, it's always good to get a second opinion for free as part of your union, as long as you pay a yearly subscription fee. Am I part of the union right now? No? Because I'm a boss.
Speaker 3: I need you to if you just hustle and got together, this would impact you.
Speaker 1: Through MENO, through me, boommmy lexmm.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Flex and Frooms on kit.
Speaker 3: Never in my whole entire life did I think I'd be having this conversation on air in twenty twenty three, and especially not to a group and a demographic of adults. Oh okay, I need you to listen to this TikTok. Need you to say out loud what is wrong with it?
Speaker 2: Right after? Don't wait for my prompting.
Speaker 1: Okay. You know how I let men pick me up for a date, even men that I meet online, And the way that I feel comfortable is that I make them send me their driver's license.
Speaker 4: I just a city about this last week, and all of a sudden, these guys are suddenly.
Speaker 1: Not wanting to give their driver's license to me. I swear in going on so many dates where so many guys text me their license. I've maybe had two guys say no, they're not going to send me their license, and I just don't go on a date with them. I think it's a fantastic idea.
Speaker 2: This is sickening.
Speaker 1: Stranger danger is a real thing.
Speaker 3: I fear that the conversation about equity and equality and heterosexual dating has found itself in a very fantastical place. Okay, anyone you meet on a dating app that you don't know is a stranger.
Speaker 1: Stranger danger. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And although we have normalized interactions with rangers, basing safety and security on things like, oh, but they dress well and they're hot, and they're hot, and we like to go to the same places. That is not effective. Am I saying not to online date? That's not saying that at all. No, not saying that at all. What I am saying is you're not in your hypergamy dating up bag because you can get a guy to drive from his house to your house to take you on a date.
Speaker 1: What's hypergamy?
Speaker 3: Hypergamy is dating up, you know, dating luxuriously, or picking a partner primarily for what they can offer you.
Speaker 2: You know, materially sounds good to me.
Speaker 3: People like to brag like, oh my god, he didn't pick you up, he didn't pick you up. No, because I don't know that man.
Speaker 2: And then you say, what about Uber? What about Uber?
Speaker 3: There is a whole system in place. You think Uber wants the legal ramifications of you're not getting to A and B safely. No, get yourself to and from your dates. It's the very least you can do. Meet in a public area.
Speaker 2: Suss ot the exit.
Speaker 3: It's on your own advocate for your own safety. You having this image is giving you such a futile illusion that like danger suddenly disappears because you have a driver's license. People go through dangerous situations, have the CCTV footage, sixty five witnesses, and you know a written witness statement, and still don't get the help they need. Your image isn't saving you from what's happening.
Speaker 1: I disagree. I've told you this before, Flakes. I don't like it when guys want to add me on Instagram while we're talking on an app. But let's say I get it my way and we stay on the app until we've met. People can easily if they do something untoward, you just delete everything and then you can't find them. Like this is something that happens often in cases where untoward things are done, the person who did the untoward thing can simply block you. And it's very hard.
Speaker 2: But it's with every situation.
Speaker 3: Like I understand inviting more safety precautions, but you are introducing this minor safety precaution and inviting a a big one.
Speaker 1: I think it's a massive Having someone's licenses you got with they live.
Speaker 3: Nothing about you. Being in a car with this strange person is a better safety precaution than you're just not being in their car at all and meeting in a common place with cameras and witnesses and people who can test to your existence.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's a good idea.
Speaker 3: Did you also hear when she said that once she had made that statement on the internet, suddenly guys don't want to send their licenses to them. I think that, like the safety you think it's affording you is no more less dangerous than the reality of what you're doing anyway, Like whether or not you have the license, you're getting in this car regardless. Just meet at the date, whether or not they can delete or not delete, because what the way that she's framed these videos. This is my number one tip. Always get the guy to pick you up, like it's like on that like bad bitch, Like you know, don't go to the date yourself, like we don't do that. Ladies like you have to buy your makeup and buy or whatever. They should pick you up. They should not because, like I said, for all these things that you're registering as like signals that this is a good person, it's not real.
Speaker 1: Protect yourselves, I will say. The only guys that want to pick yours up on ones that have BMW's, specifically that car. My friend went on a date the other day and the guy insisted on picking her up, but it was an issue because she lives at her parents house. So they were both at a stalemate and he refused to not pick her up.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, because you have an M three wait for the Netflix documentary.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Flex and Rooms on Kaita.
Speaker 3: Is being a celebrity a title that you're given or a title that you can give yourself. That's the question we're answering today on Flex and Rooms. Julia Fox, known as Friend, Uncles, Uncut Jams, has recently come out and says she doesn't identify as a celebrity.
Speaker 4: Listen to this, like, I don't identify as a celebrity. This was all very accidental. I didn't like set out like I want to be an actress. I'm going to get an agent and note that actually fell in my lab like this life chose me, you know, so like I'm just showing up for it at the best to my abilities. I can like pretty much do anything in a weird way. I just do it, and I feel like that's actually what more people should be like.
Speaker 3: I can understand not self identifying as a thing you don't want to claim. For example, back in the days when I was just a DJ and a TV presenter, I was like, no, those are my two things. I'm not an influencer. I'm those two things. It's like, you can't choose your perception. It's out of your control. Your perception is what other people perceive. Therefore, if they say you are, you must be. To a point, I think it can be trickering someone in a position like Julia. Let's define celebrity.
Speaker 1: Define celebrity.
Speaker 3: The definition of a celebrity is a famous person.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, that's a whole other word.
Speaker 3: And given that the idea of fame and who gets to be famous is convoluted due to the fact that we get to idolize people in a far closer way. You know, you can go to your favorite athletes TikTok and feel like you know them, or go to your favorite chess players TikTok and feel like you know them, or the fact that people can be famous in niche spaces. I can understand saying it's not something that I was on a path to acquire, and therefore I don't resonate with.
Speaker 2: How people perceive celebrities.
Speaker 3: It's such a futile statement to make, given the space that she takes up and the space that she occupies.
Speaker 1: I also think that, like, I never trust anyone who's an actar that says, oh, like I just fell into it. I'm sorry if you've auditioned for something. If you've ever auditioned for something, you'll know how hard that is. That's hard. You don't just fall into that. It's like I remember when I was younger, I really wanted to go to nider at school, Like like, oh shit, how do I I do it? Reading up all of it, about all these stories and like I don't want to name the acticts. I don't remember it was him, but he's like, oh yeah, Like I was just out for a surf and then I just thought I'd like go in an audition. I'm like, babe, the stuff that you need to prepare that's a lie. And I don't like it when these actors like say, oh, I just fell into it, because I feel like it degrades the fact that it's a skill and the fact that, like you do have to actually work hard to become a famous actor, like be serious.
Speaker 3: These are the discussions we need to have in conjunction with being post labeling things. If we, as an individual want to be regarded as an individual, then we need to be aware of the contradictions we make when trying to separate ourselves from the thing we're being perceived as. I can't be on the internet doing what influencers do and being perceived as an influencer and then be confused when someone's like, hey, aren't you an influencer? Yeah, or if you're not adjusted. It also makes me think how much power or agency does an individual have to just decide who they are in the eyes of everybody else. Just because Julia Fox says today I'm not a celebrity, does that make it true?
Speaker 1: It's not really up to the individual to degree we decide FLEXI that day, I went to go get myself a juice, a juice beverage, or perhaps a smoothie. We will keep that under wraps. Because what I'm about to say is potentially incriminating. I want to go get myself a juice. I'm starving. I'm a ravenous in the morning. Need my juice now, Betty kneed juice. The chick takes my order up at the cash register. Gloves on. Yep, that'd be thirteen dollars and ninety five cents. Why are her fingers tapping the phone? Why her fingers tapping the f BOS machine? I thought, you know what, maybe she'll take the gloves off and then go and make the smoothie. Why does she then go touching the cash register all the way back to grab the banana, grab the protein, put it into the thing, put the lid on it, give.
Speaker 2: It to me a second. If the gloves are clean. So what you're saying it's bad food safety.
Speaker 1: Pre That is food safety practice one oh one. What not to do is use the gloves on the cash register into making me my premium large smoothie juice.
Speaker 3: So what you're advocating for is that she take this single use plastic off before she make you your smoothie.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I actually would.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get no gloves for the register. Gloves on for the fruit, for the food prep.
Speaker 1: What I would mostly prefer. If we're thinking about plastic use tippity tappity, go wash your hands, give it a thirty second wash. Make the juice.
Speaker 2: Then again, dermatitis stick yourself.
Speaker 1: I have dermatitis because I'm that clean. I'm serious, guys, look at the dermatitis that's giving clean Girl era clean Girl e.
Speaker 2: Skin hand is falling off Cleaner Era.
Speaker 1: But seriously, I have a problem with this. I drank it anyway, as I said, I was starving ravenous, and I thought, I'm ravenous. I'm not going to be grumpy about this. I just took my juice.
Speaker 2: What would it take for you to say something.
Speaker 1: I have exited my Karen in public era for multiple reasons. For the optics, Oh, purely optics. I feel everything inside. It hasn't gone away. I didn't say anything. I have to dodger the time about it. At the time I went to a sandwich artist establishment. This is about twenty years ago, so.
Speaker 2: Literally we knew you were old.
Speaker 1: The chick tariachy chicken, okay, with the cheddar cheese. Why does she put it in the oven?
Speaker 2: Takes it out of the oven.
Speaker 1: It flips under her arm, cheese and keriachy chicken, I'm gonna arm.
Speaker 3: She's got a third degree burn, making you a whatich you're about to complain?
Speaker 2: What will happen next? Flaps it back.
Speaker 1: I had to say something. I said, listen, what did you took it away? I'm a school child, take it away? I better go back in. I said, I'm sorry, I'm in you And that dropped in your arm?
Speaker 2: Be serious? Serious?
Speaker 1: What's your arm? This hair on the arm? There was a hair on her arm, like it was one of the would like. That's a core memory. I mean, still think about it twenty years on serious guys, you weren't joking about twenty years too.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 1: For more, Tune Indicater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.