Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: This woman, she was in her sixties.
Speaker 3: Her husband had passed away a couple of years ago, and they both listened to the show a lot. So she I took her whole family out for a curry and then went to karaoke. We didn't get a bed about three in the morning. It was amazing, though I accidentally broke a window there in the spare room. So anyway, we're doing this DJs and pjs. We did it every year and then on one year someone called in and they said, come and stay at mine. And I was chatting to her, like, you got kids, her husband and boyfriend. She goes, now, I live by myself, and I said, on there, we can't do this. It's not it's not actually appropriate two guys to stay there, right, So anyway, she sent me an emails saying it's very patronizing. It's not like I'm just going to throw throw yourself at you and Richie, so I said, look, why didn't you if you're fine, just coming on the show and watch the show. So I invited him on the show. A couple of months later, Richie said, I need to we need to go and have a chat. And so I'm like, oh god, I said, you haven't been. You haven't been, you haven't been with the listeners again he went kind of went god.
Speaker 1: Mad, there's fifty three million people in the country. Leave our listeners alone. We're losing listeners. We're losing listeners. What happened? I said, who is there anyone I know? Goes, yeah, you've met. I went not the one where I said we wouldn't. They can't come round because they'd been appropriate. What happened? He goes, well, when you went to the toilet, we saw phone numbers. Went oh my god.
Speaker 3: In the studio, Yeah, anyway, they felt. He said, this is serious. I think this is the one and they are lovely couple. They got married and they've got a beautiful kid, now Rocco who's like five.
Speaker 4: And yeah, yes, what a story.
Speaker 2: I love the idea of like how did you meet your partner?
Speaker 3: First question to asking a couple if you were out for them or anyone people love to I'd love to do some like DJs and PJS again, however, oh Jack, oh mate, it's not because we were and sometimes I remember we did it with one They won't be listening anymore. But we went round to one family house and it was a it.
Speaker 1: Was a nightmare. What do you mean, well, I said, we're Richie worked out in the evening.
Speaker 3: It was a half seven, and Richie went, I can't handle this anymore, and I went, can I This is just a nightmare, and they were just they were just she didn't know much about the show. His wife didn't listen to the show, and we didn't know this, so it obviously been an argument. So straight away it was just an awful situation, right, and they were starting to bicker. So rich and I live We said, we look, we're really tired. You know, we take the show really seriously. I know sometimes we act like we don't. We'll be doing so we need to be in bed by like eight half eight. So all right, okay, we go back to theirs and they were upstairs and we.
Speaker 1: Were down, says.
Speaker 3: We snuck out and went to a pub three hours down the road. Had a great night's rich and I. Ah, so anyway, because two and a half million people used to listen to that show. Next morning, we're going a great night. Someone called the show, so I saw.
Speaker 4: That they snitches.
Speaker 3: They were like naming the pub, and the couple were like that, it's down the road, We're not there, don't know, you were definitely there.
Speaker 1: That ended. That ended.
Speaker 3: I'd love to do it again though, because actually for most and then we would do the show live from there the next day, and I just love being in their homes and mean part of their lives. It was such It was always like towards the end of the year, you know, when you've done the show for the year, the last one is just are fun and doing it for someone that really likes the show.
Speaker 1: It's a great prize.
Speaker 3: And I liked actually generally going out with them the night before just finding out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know if I could drag jack Al onto that.
Speaker 2: So my suggestion is then maybe we just do the one and then we could really ramp him up just to do the one, and Patty would help, like bring her along because she would lift the spirits, and then we just do it with the one night instead of five, because.
Speaker 3: He definitely we didn't do it over a week. You'd be exhausted the show because you went out the night before.
Speaker 4: A lot of the after show chats sometimes figuring out how it can trick Jack into doing something, but we did. We went to Dingley Village for Monica's place and we redid. We had a pseudo echo come in and then smashed up their kitchen and had it renovated. They did a live performance.
Speaker 1: It was awesome.
Speaker 4: We had them in the room in the backyard, we had all their friends and family. It was an amazing vibe and just something. Obviously, it's so different to being in a radio studio. To be actually in their homes where a lot of them are listening is awesome.
Speaker 1: I'd love to do it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: This is the Christian o'connells Show podcast