Speaker 1: Laura, come on, oh websay, Hello Laura Bell, Hello mis Chury, and you know we're missing frit She's still not here, unfortunately, still in the African jungle, which I should say fortunately because the elimination has started.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think she's going to go home first. I reckon it'll be Denise Drysdale, It'll be Tristan McManus.
Speaker 3: Poor Denise. What about all the Denise stands out there?
Speaker 2: Denise probably denise her. Does she get her medication? I wonder if she does, Like I'm not joking, blood pressure, heart regulating stuff. I hope she gets it.
Speaker 3: Do you think she needs it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Do you are you being ages?
Speaker 2: I'm a big ages. I'm just someone. A woman of that age needs certain things. Bbe cream, she needs vitamins, she needs you know.
Speaker 4: I know exactly where you're going with this, because I think you need something and you're feeling as though.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe you shouldn't do it, Maybe you should.
Speaker 2: Just lean in niche Okay, mum's in cars listening. I want to be a bbe boy.
Speaker 3: Dad's in trucks.
Speaker 2: Dad's in trucks and everyone non binaries in buses. If you think I should wear Bebe Cream thirteen one of six five because I think I want to become one of the guys that wears a BB cream. I don't want to wear a full face and makeup, but I want to wear a bit of like a daily tint. But I'm embarrassed, and I said it to you in news confidentially. Now you've brought it up.
Speaker 3: Why do you want to do this?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What was Why has this taken such a big part of your life?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I saw it on an ad and I'm really easily persuaded.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone can wear makeup these days.
Speaker 2: You know what. Tomorrow's show, I'm going to start with a bit of Bbe Cream and then I'm going to post a drag to pick up full drag.
Speaker 5: Yeah, by next week I'll be at a dress and at last front week.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the pick up. Everyone next, excited for our guest.
Speaker 4: We are speaking to comedian Jimmy Reese, who I feel like kids will be just as familiar with him as what the.
Speaker 2: Parents will be. Yeah, Giglan too, he's joining us. I don't know next. Jimmy rees takes over plus in the next fifteen minutes, your chance for a euro summer trip, will fly your to Europe business class. You're dining at the world's best restaurants picked by the Master Chef judges.
Speaker 3: Mind you wait wait wait, and you get to see Ed Sheeran and Cole play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's amazing, amazing when you're bought in. Pass in the next fifteen minutes. Let's go, Laura, Let's do the pick up. Welcome everyone, let's go. Now, kids in the car and mum's in the car. I reckon This next guest is gonna it's gonna just tickle everyone's fancy.
Speaker 3: Well, he covers all the basis, doesn't he?
Speaker 2: Oh, he really does. You'll know him. This is way back from two thousand and nine to twenty nineteen. He was Giggle on Giggle and Who Loved Giggle and Who. Then he was on Dancing with the Stars, transition to Like Primetime TV. Four million social media followers, forty three million likes on TikTok. He's now on a national stand up tour. The one and only Jimmy Reese is here. Welcome to the pick up. Hello Jimmy.
Speaker 6: Oh hi, guys, how are you hello?
Speaker 3: Do you know what I don't know?
Speaker 4: Who would be more excited about this interview? Whether it's Mulley May and Lola my kids, or it's me.
Speaker 3: I think it's me. I think it's me.
Speaker 7: Well, well, they're a bit young, they're a bit younger up there. They might have missed the peak of Giggle and Who, which was I don't know twenty eleven.
Speaker 2: Don't you worry.
Speaker 4: They're still enjoying. No, it is, but they're still enjoying the reruns. I mean, you're still up there.
Speaker 2: What's going on with Giggle and Who? Is it a Hamish and Andy situation? Are you guys still friends or did you fall out with who?
Speaker 6: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Who's a total a hole?
Speaker 2: He drinks all about himself.
Speaker 7: He just love looking in the mirror all the time. Yes, it was a puppet Mitch.
Speaker 2: Come on mate, Sorry, sorry, okay, sorry.
Speaker 7: You need that he needs a man's hand up, is you know, for him to operate?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I didn't realize that had so much.
Speaker 4: It's exactly the same as Mitch. I was just about to say the same thing.
Speaker 2: I have to apply for the for the role.
Speaker 3: Jimmy.
Speaker 4: I love your content and that night and my husband we're always watching your videos You've got seven hundred and thirty six thousand followers now on social media. But where do you get your ideas from? Because I feel like you jump around, you do so many different content creations. There's so many different characters on your social media. But where does the where does the thought come from?
Speaker 3: The spark?
Speaker 7: Yeah, look, I think it's just living life really, you know, everywhere you look, it's just having like a looking through the lens of everything. Could be a piece of content, yes, and writing things down when you but how many times did you just have a laugh at time like and then you forget about it in one second. So at some of those moments you just just chop down. I've got three kids, man, it is like I'm a parent. I travel around a bit. I meet a whole lot of different people, you know. I speak to random people on radio stations, you.
Speaker 6: Know, like.
Speaker 2: Jimmy. The one thing that you didn't turn into content that shocked me the last time I saw you. Do you remember this? Last time I was with Jimmy Reese was at around one am at a gay bar in.
Speaker 6: TikTok Awards, the TikTok Awards.
Speaker 2: This was after the TikTok Awards and I was at a game.
Speaker 4: I think we were wandering around and just when you had a hand no being a puppet.
Speaker 6: Was that late hearing that night?
Speaker 7: That night it was funny, Mitch you you asked me like multiple times, You're like, what are you doing here? I do even think I was seeing you here in the middle of Sydney in the gaber and I was like, dude, we've just been to the TikTok Awards and this is where the beer is at, Like we're going where the beers are at.
Speaker 2: I was just so shocked because I was in my single air. I was very single at that point in time, and I was, you know, on the prow and then I see this man from behind. I go, just my time.
Speaker 3: You know, Jimmy has children and it is happily in a relationship.
Speaker 2: I saw his peachy button, went, oh my god, that's my that's my score. And then it was Jimmy reason. I felt like, oh, it's like Patty Newton, like a national treasure. I had to run away.
Speaker 7: Start there.
Speaker 2: You really can do it all the stand up tour, which you here to plug, let's get regional. The tour is on until July this year. Frontier Touring dot Com for tickets. So for people who follow you, Jimmy, like Laura was saying, your videos.
Speaker 4: Are huge, Yeah, but you do so many different things, Like you cover so many different little topics in your videos.
Speaker 3: So then what is it that you're going to do on stage?
Speaker 7: That is the conundrum? Which is a show together? I think, you know, like I've taken some of the character thinks, like the guy who decides this and that with Jason that goes in there.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 7: I just make it, let it go free form, because if I regurgitated something that people had seen before, I felt like, you know, that's just something that's a bit cheap. I guess that people have come to see something a bit different. So that whole section, it's about ten minutes or something, is just completely ad lived. People yell out suggestions and I just run with the two characters. I love that I do a meanwhile in Australia, which people have a lot of people were introduced to my content through that, so I kind of make one live which goes horribly wrong all of the time, and that's part of the part of the charm of it. I guess I do some local content like the first it is like you have to pass the test to get into the local town you're in, So there's a bit of there's a few local gags there, and then oh god, there's all sorts of other bits, me talking to myself on screens and just some chats with the audience, a bit about my life, my time at Giggle and who has a bit.
Speaker 3: Of everything, Jimmy you have.
Speaker 4: I think one of the things that's so interesting about your career projection is like you working mainstream media and now you've taken it all into social media.
Speaker 3: What do you prefer.
Speaker 4: Do you prefer working and being on TV or are you preferring being sort of in the social media landscape.
Speaker 7: It's so funny having just gone from you know, like making TV and look Gigland, who was actually quite a quick show to turn around and say were going the Stars. You're like, it's a live show. It's really crazy. But the stuff I'm doing now, if I have an idea in the morning, it's posted by mid afternoon. Yeah, yeah, I go down to TV now and You're like, this is so long and tedious. I worked on a I just did a little film like We'd Stand. I was just like a little cameo in it. And I was there for three days or something, and I was in it for about thirty seconds. I was like, this is so frustrating to me.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why we love radio Live.
Speaker 3: We talk, we go home, always speak for four minutes at a time.
Speaker 2: Jimmy, Laura and I haven't spoken to each other outside of soundproof box for about five years. I hate it. I know, silly, it's just like non existent. Jimmy rees. If you want tickets to see in Frontier Touring dot com, let's get Regional tour is on until July. Go book tickets, Go get Jimmy. Thank you for coming on the show, buddy. We love you.
Speaker 7: Thanks guys, We'll see you soon.
Speaker 3: See Jimmy.
Speaker 2: All right, everyone back after this, I'd pick up Mitch.
Speaker 4: I have not been able to stop thinking about the story you shared on Monday.
Speaker 2: Oh God, I can't.
Speaker 4: I just I'm horrified for you, but I'm also so thrilled for us, So.
Speaker 2: It makes my stomach turn just thinking about it.
Speaker 3: If you guys, if you miss the show.
Speaker 4: On Monday, Mitch shared a very embarrassing story has to do with his new boyfriend and his bed have listen to this.
Speaker 2: So I go to like, you know, I don't get up out of the bed. I'm on my back. I try to sit up and put my head on the bed head. I'm like, babe, did you move the bed back from the wall? He goes, No, I don't move the bed. Why is the BedHead moved five inches from the wall while we were out? Someone has come into my bedroom and moved the bed from hitting the wall. Because clearly we're causing a ruckus.
Speaker 4: You've been banging it into the wall and your poor parents have been listening to it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean this. I can't stop thinking about it.
Speaker 4: And I know you said you you were very adamant that you don't care.
Speaker 3: You don't want to know.
Speaker 4: You don't need to know who it was from your family who moved the bed.
Speaker 2: Because someone did it, it's not a who'd done it not inspected. I think I don't want to know. I'm told Laura, I love you when we plan the show for everyone listening in the ads and in the songs, and I told you I don't want to know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But the thing is is I can't move on, and neither can In Australia, we just need to know. Did your dad do it on his own? Did he get mum involved with his sister?
Speaker 3: Who done it?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 3: I just produced Grace. Please can we get Marchuri on the phone.
Speaker 2: I'm on it. No, do not call me. No, we're gonna call want to call my dad?
Speaker 3: We're gonna ask you, Laura.
Speaker 2: I cannot be in the room where you call my dad. You can be, or I cannot. I'm noting to do not call my dad. I can't do this. No, I'm walking out of the street.
Speaker 4: Don't stop, sit back down.
Speaker 2: No, how did you get his number?
Speaker 3: High Mark? It's Laura.
Speaker 6: Hi, Laura.
Speaker 3: I'm good. I'm so good.
Speaker 4: Mitch.
Speaker 3: He's running out of the room.
Speaker 4: But it's because I think he deeply wants to apologize for something that he's done. So Mitch just shared a story about how he came home from the wedding on the weekend and somebody had moved the bed away from the wall in the bedroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was that you?
Speaker 6: I plead the fifth?
Speaker 4: You can't Mark, like he said, he pleased the fifth. Wait, Okay, did you do it by yourself or was it? Was it a joint effort? Were you and Michelle both in there? Moving the bed.
Speaker 6: Okay, do you want to hear something pathetic, Laura?
Speaker 3: I want to hear it all, Laura.
Speaker 6: My wife says to me, Mitchell wants clean sheets, and I said, look, darling, you look tired. I'll come down and help you. So we actually went down and made his bed for oh.
Speaker 4: My god, Mark, No, you have a grown son. He needs to behave like an adult. So wait, you made the bed and that's why. Wait did you didn't move it for acoustic reasons?
Speaker 6: That's another story, Laura, Laura, yes, I'm going to say this. We did not move it for acoustic reasons. However, I'm very conscious that there is a rumor going around Cronulla that that BedHead was working over time.
Speaker 2: And I've come back in the room.
Speaker 4: Stop, I can't do this, Okay, Mitch, Mitch literally left the roomor Mitch. What you didn't hear then, is that your parents it wasn't for acoustic reasons.
Speaker 3: They made your bed, your child.
Speaker 4: So they came down, cleaned your sheets, made your bed and that's.
Speaker 2: Why wait wait, why is that worse than the original? So much worse? All right, thanks dad, We love your back to love the best.
Speaker 3: Can your dad? Can your parents adopt me, adot me. I want to be a child again. Living in my parents' house.
Speaker 2: They went in and they moved the bed back because they made my bed.
Speaker 3: You're a child, you're a giant.
Speaker 2: So not only do they make, they don't even they don't even care.
Speaker 3: What's your own sheets? You rubbie child?
Speaker 2: Mitch.
Speaker 4: It has been a running theme on this show since we actually, you know, it's been a running theme in our friendship. I would say that you love to pay me out for being old?
Speaker 3: Oh you do?
Speaker 2: Can I just tell you all the time there's a ten year age gap, Laura. Oh yeah, and nothing's changing that, like, that's just sorry. They hired a beautiful twenty one year old and you're.
Speaker 3: Not twenty one.
Speaker 2: Well look at how old are you? Twenty eight?
Speaker 4: I'm thirty seven, so it's actually only a nine year age gave you even aged me up?
Speaker 2: Oh it's by like a couple of months.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: So have you did you hear about the wallet verse phone theory?
Speaker 2: No, I don't read newspapers, shut up. Did you get it on telegram?
Speaker 3: It wasn't on TikTok okay? So maybe you saw? Hey, no, the wallet verse age?
Speaker 4: So It's like, if you're a millennial, then you carry a wallet around with you, but if you're a gen z, you have everything on your phone, so you don't.
Speaker 3: You don't have to ever carry a wallet with you.
Speaker 2: That's me, Everything's on my phone.
Speaker 4: So this is me arguing with you about how I'm actually younger than you think I am. So recently I went to Bali and I packed everything I needed.
Speaker 2: That's such a millennial trip. By the way, Recently I went to Bali. Okay, boomer. Recently I went to Canju.
Speaker 3: No I went where is canned Bali Channgo.
Speaker 1: Of course, I went to Bali.
Speaker 4: I packed everything I needed. I packed my swimmers. I packed all of the things right, beautiful, it was my It was a supportive one piece.
Speaker 2: With low back.
Speaker 4: I packed everything I needed and I got on the plane. I had my passport. I felt so organized. And I'm a pretty chaotic packer when it comes like going overseas, I'm a last minute packer.
Speaker 3: I'm chaotic.
Speaker 4: And anyway I get on the plane, everything's fine, and then I get to customs, right and so in customs in Bali, you've got to pay for your visa these days. So when you go into the country, You've got to pay an entry fa yes, And so I walk up and it's all very official, and the man sitting there and he suit in his hat and you kind of don't know whether to make eye contact or to have a chat.
Speaker 3: You know, you kind of just anyway.
Speaker 4: So he's like, can you pay, Please, pay for your visa and he passes it over the little counter and I was like, yeah, sure, I just pay pass that. And he looked at me and he was like, you can't pay pass here. You need to insert the card. And I was like, sorry, what do you mean, I'll just pay passed tap and go and tap and go, and he's like, this doesn't take tap and go.
Speaker 3: You need to have your credit card.
Speaker 4: And I flew to Indonesia without a credit card, with only my phone, without a wallet, or just my phone has my license on it has my credit cards on it. And it was only lucky that my sister was she was way back in the line. But had I been there by myself, I wouldn't have even entered the country.
Speaker 2: Immigration for trying to get you onto the phone wallet, trying to.
Speaker 3: Prove to you that actually I'm younger than you think.
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 3: I do things that young people do.
Speaker 2: I don't think you are because I facetimed you when you're in Balley. Do you remember this?
Speaker 3: No, I stop it.
Speaker 2: I facetimed you, which I'm surprised you answered. By the way, you don't know how to do it. Is this skypzoming me.
Speaker 3: I had it on the extra zoom, you know when the letters are really big.
Speaker 5: Phone there he is. I FaceTime Laura to catch up. And from a single bed, you were in a children's layover bed at Laura. I was on the day bed.
Speaker 4: No, but I was sleeping on it for the week because the mattress was really soft.
Speaker 2: Laura answers this FaceTime, guys. And in the background of the FaceTime is a king bed made. It's got one of those elephants sitting on the end, made by a handtowel. You know how they do that in Ballein.
Speaker 4: No, now you're exaggerating. And actually it wasn't made because I tried to sleep in it. But it really hurt my back, It really hurt my bag. Yeah, unsupportive mattresses are really bad for everyone.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 2: I think it's a youthful I think, don't you take cowtrait raise hand in the studio. If you take cowtrait shut, it works. This dynamic works.
Speaker 3: This dynamic work because you love a mother figure.
Speaker 2: That's why that's so true. And you love a young gay man that looks like you. All right, let's go home, don't forget.
Speaker 4: You can vote, Okay, you have to vote for Britt. So tonight on Honously read to get me out of here. Tonight is the night where they're starting to send home contestants. It's the first person's going home, and we really hope it's not.
Speaker 2: Brit fits Britch. She'll kill us. You'll blame you and I, Laura.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: Go on to ten player.
Speaker 4: You can do ten votes a day, and we need to turn our little princess Brute into the coin of the Jungle.
Speaker 2: Yes, so it's actually pretty easy. You go on ten player, you've got an account, you can just vote. It's not one of those annoying you've got a log in and stuff. It's like you just you create your account. Then you can vote really straightforward.
Speaker 3: Exactly and it's quick. Ten votes. Ten votes a day keeps elimination at Bay totally.
Speaker 2: It also keeps just you and I on the air. And I'm really enjoying this. I like having you, mummy, but good fun, all right, all right, we'll see tomorrow. Goodbye.