Speaker 1: Welcome to them Christian Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I might take some cours this morning. If you've had to sleep somewhere where it wasn't a bed. You know, sometimes in especially when you were younger, you can you will make an improvised bed out of many you do you have to improvise. Perhaps you've ever slept on an improvised bed.
Speaker 3: When I was a kid, I used to who we went on road trips. I couldn't lay stretch out in the back seat because I had two older brothers who used to pinch and Chinese burn and punch me. So I used to lay up the back behind the back windscreen, you know, on the shelf for seat.
Speaker 2: The parcel shell. Yes, you're getting some fancy ubers. The guy's got tissues up there. Always love that guy.
Speaker 4: Oh hang on the line a spas.
Speaker 5: I'm very weepy.
Speaker 6: Driving behind you. You might think it's soft toys sometimes. Oh no, that's a small child.
Speaker 3: Child like a cat in the sun.
Speaker 2: It was kind of sleep.
Speaker 5: It's good. I tell you that.
Speaker 2: One of the things where you various things were made into beds is when you used to have your relatives come and staye you remember, I used to hate it when your parents go and you'll have to give your bed up, you throw.
Speaker 5: Some huge tantrum.
Speaker 2: The surrender of your bed was like the surrender of your castle, wasn't it to some cousin you saw once a year and you hated each other and they used to lord it up of you because they had the bed.
Speaker 5: You were just on the floor. I'm even on the floor. That wasn't even like a mattress for me.
Speaker 1: It was floor.
Speaker 5: And I think I've.
Speaker 4: Got some kind of human right surely.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show Podcast, What.
Speaker 4: Have you used for an improvised bed lin?
Speaker 7: Hello Christian, Hello Lyn?
Speaker 4: What have you used to try and make into a bed lin?
Speaker 8: I've actually used the convey about at Ken's Airport through a series of misflights back in the early nineties, late ladies.
Speaker 4: And was the conveyor belt turned off or were you moving around?
Speaker 8: Was there nobody?
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 5: No good idea?
Speaker 4: Why not improvised beds?
Speaker 6: Rubbery?
Speaker 8: They only those plastic seats and they weren't you comfortable back then?
Speaker 2: And how would you rate it as an improvised bed in case any of our listeners are in that situation where we need it, well, it was better than.
Speaker 8: The bath I had to use in the hotel to stop my husband's snoring. I mean to escape it.
Speaker 5: You just went and slept in the bath. That would be a better.
Speaker 8: Escaping snoring, but didn't know. I hope to go back and stick.
Speaker 5: Then, Thank you very much.
Speaker 9: You call have a good day, Okay, good day by yes?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, she said good luck Thursday.
Speaker 6: Yes I heard.
Speaker 2: Thank you all right, Prince Charles, Hey you're.
Speaker 5: Here, Alan, you work?
Speaker 2: No, bless you, Adam. Thank you very much. Now, Alan, where have you slipt? What's an improvised bed for you?
Speaker 7: I came home up with squash packers and we had leaking roofy our in my bedroom and the only thing available was the bathtub.
Speaker 2: And what's it like ting to sleep in a bar? Surely though everything's quite curved up the feet and the spine or.
Speaker 7: The neck, be'st not sleep ever, mate, I still use it when I have a sore back.
Speaker 5: Wow, this could be a game changer. I might get in the bath tonight.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, Dan Allen, or do you just go pillow straight onto the bath?
Speaker 7: I think I think I had some a couple of sheets and a pillow, but yeah, my dad made up a I think a makeshift bed. I can fold our bed the next day in sixty loofs. So yeah, that's nice sleep.
Speaker 5: And where was the head? You burn their head at the tap end or the other end?
Speaker 7: The other end?
Speaker 5: Gotcha?
Speaker 6: Okay, don't want to bump your head on the top. Wake up in the middle. You did a bath before Christian.
Speaker 2: I know, and embarrassing. It's anything you know. Sorry, I was dealing with a high level pro ol. Thank you very much for cor mate.
Speaker 5: You have a good day.
Speaker 4: You too, have a good one anyway, I'll get your bath on.
Speaker 2: Don't work that one, Fiekay, good morning, fie.
Speaker 5: And what do you use as an improvised bed?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 9: Well, there was a whole bunch of us and we all went out for the night. We worked in the large department store, and we thought, oh, how are we going to be to work on time? So we went in the bedding department because the security guards were also part of our group, and we found chests anything we could do, put all the blankets in them and slept like that and the only hint of us being there in the morning was all the hairspray.
Speaker 2: That is amazing. I've always wanted to do something like that. And you know those movies are night at the museum. I think I prefer a night at the department store.
Speaker 9: It was. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: I bet I've always wanted to sort of run along and jump from bed to bed. Do you know you sometimes about ten of them in the row?
Speaker 9: Love to know there weren't enough they went enough beds. That's why we used the chest.
Speaker 6: We use the chest.
Speaker 9: You know the bid chips that you put your blankets.
Speaker 5: You, oh, will you use that? We got it?
Speaker 9: No, No, we piled them up. We piled up the blankets. But they Yeah, we were innovaties.
Speaker 5: You were game changes.
Speaker 2: If there is a department store or listening, this is for me to run on a load of the beds. I could do it any afternoon after show, on the way home or come to wherever you are.
Speaker 4: Would you love to ever go with that guys, just run jump?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Oh yeah.
Speaker 9: Then was in the eighties. She was in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just say this gives us time, gotcha, right? Gotcha? Yeah, different time, wasn't it. You could have sleep in department stores in that eighties?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Every the game changer, Thank you very much.
Speaker 9: You cool Congratulations Jack, is he.
Speaker 5: Isn't He's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Just get it in now, though saves calling later.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show podcast