Speaker 1: People do some weird shit.
Speaker 2: Television legend Carrie Anne Kenney fell several meters from a trapeze while performing in the musical Pippote.
Speaker 1: Some things that make more sense than.
Speaker 3: Others bring Pikes, nurseries, Nurcary Pikes, p y k e.
Speaker 1: S Hey, why I ky as in kill hey? Why okay?
Speaker 4: Bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adultshood?
Speaker 1: Why is your life so expensive? I'm not even having a good time.
Speaker 5: Is just.
Speaker 1: A couple of mitches? What about me? Don't forget? No, he is Michtuli and Cooper eighty nine. Someone give me a line. Don't mind if I do tell it's not trash alley.
Speaker 2: So you know the way you looked at me, I thought you thought this is trash alley for that one splace.
Speaker 1: No, I can tell my two podcasts apart. I'm not stupid. Oh I just you Mitchell.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I thought you stumbled over Matthew or Mitchell.
Speaker 1: No, I did not. I don't get names wrong like you.
Speaker 6: Do.
Speaker 1: You know that we had one of our listeners writing he sent in and is it just you? And Mitch called her Denise Dene and she wrote in her name is Sarah, and she says, I don't know how Mitch got my name so wrong. How do you get Sarah and Denise mixtar?
Speaker 2: I have a reason, And listening to Denise, I was worried that it was the same girl that I did the first week, because I thought to myself, oh shit, I've maybe got two from her. So I gave her a fake name in case.
Speaker 1: It was this. Wouldn't you just double check?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Because the podcast was live, and once we're alive, you can't stop. This is podcasting on the CLI.
Speaker 1: I actually can is live.
Speaker 2: You can't stop a podcast. It's famous.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows how third we are. Prize keeper Jane is here, Thank you.
Speaker 6: Ja.
Speaker 2: Guys, if at the moment you're hearing this, I'm officially in my brand new house.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Why did he get that? Because the moving is fuck no, it is it can be, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And this is a message to future Mitch because I haven't yet done it at the time of recording.
Speaker 1: You'll get through it, Yeah you will.
Speaker 2: And we've had a very stressful time because Hayden and I moved into a new house on Friday, and it's a house. It's not an apartment like we have a full little terrace.
Speaker 1: It's very gay. It's very cute. Chimney skylight that's gayer than a terrorist.
Speaker 2: No, there really isn't in a skylights skylight.
Speaker 1: Disgusting.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we go to the open house and we go, yeah, we'll take it, and then we go, can we have one more inspection before we move in, just to make sure everything's good.
Speaker 1: They go, nowhere is Mitch coming out already signed off?
Speaker 2: No, we hadn't signed yet, right, So as we're walking through, we noticed that the house has just been renovated. Really key parts of it have not been finished. Like we're in the bathroom. We go, this is beautiful, this is great. Oh wait, there's no toilet roll.
Speaker 1: Hold. Oh no, you need a toilet role, especially me in my house with his low fiber diet. Right. They also don't have a towel rack. It's mid renov No, it's been finished. It's done. They would put it on the market. So they were like, tada, it's done with all these things missing.
Speaker 2: Yes, some guy has flipped it. So he's clearly trying to get a cash grab. So he'slipped the house. It's very well done.
Speaker 1: What do you mean flip it.
Speaker 2: Like he buys buys an old house, renovates it, and then flips it for a profit or rents anyway, the microwave in the couple of the microwave is too small to fit an actual microwave.
Speaker 1: Oh god, so is it too late to pull out or you're definitely doing it. We moved it on Friday. Oh no, at the time of recording, you could change to night. I've got this like a shithole.
Speaker 2: No, it's a beautiful place, but it's just the little.
Speaker 1: Things if you need to shit or cook food on them. As I said, very important.
Speaker 8: For the microwave is very important.
Speaker 2: The back door doesn't have a door handle on the outside, so you shut the door on yourself and you're trapped.
Speaker 1: Wow, this place is riddle with issues. It sounds like did you not notice any of this the first inspection? Correct? Nun because yeah, I was going to say that's happened to me, Like when you do the first inspection, you've got rose colored glasses on. And then with my new plays, which I love, I moved in and I was like, oh, yeah, there's a couple of things I didn't notice. A couple of bits of shit on the carpet a couple of Thames. That office is small than I thought it was, because, yeah, when you first go, you're like so excited, but then you start to notice the floor. You're blinded by the excitement. But you know, your place sounds like a shit NES's compared to mine, to be honest, like, I did not have that many issues. I've got a backyard. Its beautiful. Oh I the best thing I ever did was move out of this rental I had with a backyard. It's too much stress. Are you going to be out there mowing and shit?
Speaker 2: Now it's all brick, thank fun.
Speaker 6: Oh I've got a courtyard like that, and it's a lot, is it? I never go out there. It's just too much.
Speaker 1: To deal with.
Speaker 2: It's a gum tree overhead, and I'm thinking about ways to poison it.
Speaker 1: What do you mean it's too much to deal with? You just said you've got a concrete courtyard but no maintenance required. What's overwhelming about that? It's leaves and stuff? Yea, now I'll do it. It's suburban.
Speaker 2: It's a good way. It's a good training ground before Hay and I become it. You know, old gay married couple.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful anyway. Well, because if you pick up some leaves out of the fucking gutter, I can raise a child, prepares you for fatherhood.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I had to send a horrific amount of chancy from the.
Speaker 1: Real estate company Chancy, you know of the overflow.
Speaker 2: Ye, what a weird name Jent is Anyway, when high chancy just confirming the below will be secured by Friday, Like it was demoralizing.
Speaker 1: You know what you do if they don't do it when you move in, if all that shit is on the condition report, you fix it yourself, and then when you move out, just to be petty, take it all with you. That's what we did. Oh, that's the last place my housemate and I lived. There were like certain light bulbs missing, so we just fucking took them with us and when we moved. That's really just like, well, the condition report says that there were lights missing, so we're gonna leave it with lightsmid things. So you take your door hand, yeah, take your toilet roll holders, all of it with you. All right, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Everyone, Is it just me not the other one Mitchell, because I know he's thinking of slipper.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not, actually.
Speaker 2: Every week we bring you to Is it just me gems, something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. Mitch doesn't know mine, I don't know. Mitch's at the core.
Speaker 1: Of the show. And then ilater on today we're delving. Yeah, all the ship bits, if there's any, is it just me talking points that we think that's not interesting at all? That's crap. Yeah, well they end up coming back to biitis. We fished them out of Jen's junk.
Speaker 8: There's a lot in there, and you walked in.
Speaker 2: I thought, if someone's got two pieces of sandpaper together.
Speaker 1: No, it was just Jenn's junk. Overflowing, always overflowing. It's disgusting. It's I feel that Jane's jung deserves more attention than it gets. Yeah, don't you.
Speaker 8: I agree, Well, it's overflowing all the time that No I.
Speaker 1: Come up as a new gear mate.
Speaker 8: It's the same thing, like, we do need to give it more attention.
Speaker 1: It's full the brim. That means the same thing, a capacity anymore anyway. Well that's good. I can't anymore, okay, So yeah, well we'll delve in the Jenets junk later. All the ship bits lovely, all right?
Speaker 2: Should we go, oh, don't I go first? Myg is very very topical.
Speaker 1: Yep, sure, what do you got? Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Do you remember being in the room at Bert Newton's final ever TV week logo's performance.
Speaker 1: More of an appearance than a performance. Really, Yeah, you're again, Mitchell Cherry, so relatable, so relatable. Well, we were in the room, Mitchell. Was this the one that I was at with you as well? Yes?
Speaker 2: That was my first logis what year was it?
Speaker 1: Twenty eighteen? And that was Bert Newton's last Logi's.
Speaker 2: Last year Logi's apparance, last live TV appearance.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I didn't realize that. Now he's dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well Bert sadly passed away last Saturday Night at the tender age of eighty three. Yes, lost the leg in the last twelve months. It was really you know, it's a tough trot for he and Patty, but he's an Australian TV icon for those in the States or international, he's like a real a golden oldie, Like he's like a Johnny Carson television icon of the Australian media landscape. And he's dead and every one is reviewing him and talking about stories and saying, Oh, I'm at a cafe and he paid for my cross want. I'm like, no, no, I can do better than that. I was at his final ever tell a Novella performance, and so were you.
Speaker 1: That's really weird that for once, your memory is better than mine, because, like, now that you remind me, I'm like, oh, yeah, he did get up on stage and talk, but it didn't click that I was there for the last ever Burt Newton LOGI. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Not only was it his last of a TV appearance, but we don't want to talk ill of the recently dead.
Speaker 1: It didn't go that well.
Speaker 2: The performance was dragged through the mud, and the media had a.
Speaker 1: Fear that yeah, you google, you google Burt. Let me do it now. Bert Newton twenty eighteen logies. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Bert Newton dead at eighty three. Remembering his controversial twenty eighteen LOGI speech, Patty Newton, this is a quote. This is not how he would want to be remembered.
Speaker 1: Is that the headline?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 8: Beautifully.
Speaker 1: So I don't remember the speech. What happened. I must have had a few wines that night, Yeah, but it started to come back in bits and bobs. My memory. It's a bit foggy, but like, what was so controversial again?
Speaker 2: Okay, So he was there to announce the Graham Kennedy Best New Talent Award, which is up and coming new talent, right, and he made some off jokes. So I've got some audio from his speech. It went for eighteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Graham Kennedy also dead.
Speaker 2: Grand Caney long gone, Yeah, died two thousand and four. But they were like, you know, Mitchell and Mitchell, they had their own TV show together. They were beloved. He opened the show and it was strong, a good bit of gear from Bert. Don't forget he's only he's eighty seventy nine years old here, So this is how the show opened.
Speaker 3: That's that's absolutely wonderful and good night, honey, good good joke.
Speaker 2: He walked off the stage. Everyone was laughing.
Speaker 1: Do you know what, I'm going to ruin this for everyone? But you know what I just remembered. Was also controversial about that Logi's night Everyone online with writing complaints about the fact that you could hear the cutlery crown. You can hear the knives and forks and the plates all cluttering around the whole time. So I'm not going to ruin Bert's speech, but like Avely now, you won't be able to unhear it. There were so many complaints coming from people watching this on live TV.
Speaker 2: You and I included Mitch, I were right at the back with the Studio ten crew.
Speaker 1: It was probably how Cot.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this is his first real joke and that the vibe was set and people were enjoying it. So what's the problem his first Joe, I'll get there, don't you work? I want to want talk ill of him, so I'm giving you some of his good gear before we get the ship stuff. This is a good joke.
Speaker 3: One of the crews said, you know, you're the oldest presenter on the stage tonight, which is a good start. But I think, really, I think I might be the warm up for the memoriams.
Speaker 8: That's the back.
Speaker 2: And this is where it took a turn for the worst and really showed the gap since he's been on television last It had been a long time since he'd been back on TV, and this was the joke that caused most of the negative headlines.
Speaker 3: Of course, I'm here for the Graham Kennedy Award of our most Popular New Talent, and that's a look out on the audience. So I've got to be honest. There are many faces that I know from the screen but don't know them personally. And if you might feel the same way, you know, what's you know, where's the soul puff come from?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I do remember that? And you had just come out of the closet. I think at this point in time, when we're at the Logans, you'd come out to me and a couple of other close friends, but not everyone. And so when he said the P word, we're allowed to say it, we can say poof. We just looked at each other like, areoth to be offended by this? Yeah?
Speaker 2: About three weeks before I wouldn't have been offended, but that night I was like, I'm so offended.
Speaker 1: I'm a queer man. I think that Burt Newton can use gay slers. I give him permission. He's a legend. Yeah I can say poff.
Speaker 2: He's very felly ambuoyant, isn't he He's a bit he's very camp the way he delivers his lines.
Speaker 1: Not really, he's got a very animated voice. Yeah he does. Yeah, you're right. Does it get worse than that? Well?
Speaker 2: This is people were offside the audience was a bit awkward. He was funny one last time before the final kicker, So I'll give you the last bit of comedy goal from Bert that night.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something about the time with Graham. I think actually we've got a couple of shots of the two of us years to want to show you. But they were very exciting times and to have a look at those shots and see at work a master, a man who just you know, brought to Australian television the greatest talent. I also thought Graham was very cool.
Speaker 1: Classic sweacher.
Speaker 2: So the audience was back on side and they loved him. Redeem himself, Yes he did.
Speaker 1: No, it's all coming back to me now. I do remember being in the audio that night and he'd made a couple of jokes that were a little bit inappropriate, yes, And so the rest of the speech was just really awkward because we couldn't tell if he was being sincere or if he was setting himself up for another inappropriate joke. So it was kind of like gritting teeth the whole time, like, Oh God, what's he gonna say? Am I supposed to yeah? Is it supposed to be genuine and sincere? Or is this going to be another joke? Like it was very awkward. I remember that he was tense. It was like we were walking on eggs shells, like what is he going to do? Yeah, I was. I was kind of thinking, fuck me, get him off stage. And there was a point for something else.
Speaker 2: I know he kind of like did some audience interaction with his beloved wife Patty, and they cut to Patty in her face was like, honey, She's like.
Speaker 1: That's enough from you. You've had a brandy you know what you get like exactly that. So I think I now remember what the joke about brain Kennedy was. Come back to me.
Speaker 2: Don't forget twenty eighteen, the height of the me too movement ever sexual assault and jokes around that weren't that funny.
Speaker 1: That's why this joke got a lot of media attention. I've listened.
Speaker 3: Brian Kennedy was always the sort of man who leged young talent. He enjoyed giving young people a chance on television. He was a great mentor. He mentored a lot of young people. You knew that if he went to his dressing room and it was locked, he'd be inside doing some mentoring. Oh don Lane was a mentor too. He did a hell of a lot of mentory. They were wonderful years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see that's what everyone was like, do we like Yeah?
Speaker 2: And they were cutting to very well known famous Australian media p Hay mission and he was sitting there and they cut to them and they were.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, well, I guess we'll laugh at Burt Newton.
Speaker 2: It was just it didn't sit right and it's a shame that was his final TV appearance.
Speaker 1: Was that really the final TV appearance? Yeah? Far around?
Speaker 2: Yeah, final logus? Do he hosted the logos like ten times one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Six?
Speaker 8: I think yeah, four?
Speaker 1: I think. To be honest, though, in defense Graham, Kennedy and Bert Right, they were a duo. Yes, they were iconic in their time. And if I was ever in a position where I had to give some sort of tribute to you, because you obviously will die before me, yeah, I would roast the fuck out of you too. I'd make inappropriate jokes at your expense. What would you say? I wouldn't insinuate that you groom young people, that's for sure, But I definitely I don't know. I haven't actually thought about what my post death speech for you will be what would you say. There'd be gentle nudges, like, there'd be a sprinkle of sincerity, and then I just occasionally call you fat or something. Yeah, you know, I get it because they're friends. But then to everyone else it was like, fuck me, man, Bert, you can't say that.
Speaker 2: But also, that is funny if if we were to die, you know, and then you'd make the speech that week. But he'd been dead for twenty five years, like the jokes had had.
Speaker 1: Not aged No, they hadn't aged well.
Speaker 2: They would have done well in the fifties and sixties, but now it didn't sit right.
Speaker 1: Maybe he should have spent less time on TV and actually watching TV. If he'd been the news, he would have known that that shit's not okay. We're all too woke for those jokes. Now, Bert, tone of death all right, God love him. I support it. I think it was funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Bert can say puff yeah. Burt Newton can say puff yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you see he did give his got his one of his gold logies to a puff.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, there was the eights.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: He told this story to Peter Ford, entertainment reporter, and Peter Ford said, now that Burt Newton's dead, I can tell you the story that I swore i'd never tell until he died. So apparently Bert Newton gave one of his six or four gold logis to a gay man in Sydney he was dying in hospital, who was a friend of Peter Ford's. And Peter Ford wrote to Burt and said, I'd love if you could come and see my friend. And he's a big fan of yours.
Speaker 8: It was originally just signed this card.
Speaker 1: Sign this card.
Speaker 2: He's a giant fan of yours. He's dying of AIDS. He doesn't have long left. And this was in the nineties when nobody wanted to talk about AIDS, let alone be in the same room as someone with AIDS. You know, awful, heavily stigmatized. Bert Peter never heard back.
Speaker 1: He's like, what what a shame.
Speaker 2: Anyway, then he gets a call from his friend and goes come to the hospital, gets to the hospital and sitting on the table is Bert's gold logie.
Speaker 1: And he'd just left.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 2: He stayed in the hospital with this man for.
Speaker 8: Hours, every single other patient as.
Speaker 2: Well, but to all the other all the other yeah, AIDS HIV positive men, and gave him the gold logie, and then he died a couple of days later, but he got the LOGI.
Speaker 1: Isn't that crazy? Yeah? Wow, he was a good man. But he can definitely say the P word and the effort. He can rhynds it bag. We give him permission.
Speaker 2: You have permission posthumously posthumously.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: But after someone dies posthumously? Yeah, you should know, Jenny, you've got this podcast posthumously.
Speaker 8: Yea true?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm done? You ready, Mitchell? Yeah, go for it?
Speaker 4: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Is Adele a fucking liar?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Why do you lie? Why? Because you know how? Her new album's coming out. I think it's next Friday? Is at the nineteenth?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Did either of you actually check or you it's saying yeah, yeah, I'm doing it. Wait, yeah, it is the nineteenth, the next Friday. So new album's coming out. And you know how, all of her albums in the past have been named after her age, So there was nineteen twenty one and then twenty five. So she said that she was not going to name this new album after her age. She said she was going to stop doing that. She went on record in an interview you know, we were talking about Carple karaoke last week. She told James Carden why she wouldn't be calling it after her age anymore.
Speaker 7: She's the reasons I named my albums after my age as well. Yeah, it's they're sort of just polaroids almost of my life at that time.
Speaker 1: I mean, where do you think you'll stop?
Speaker 7: Oh, this is the last album after my age? No, I believe in Trilogyes, no, the next one was going.
Speaker 2: To be like seventy seven.
Speaker 1: I'll still do that, just bag lady. And that made me so much more intrigued about any new music that would come out. What's she going to call the album? If it's not going to be her age, what's going to be? And I was so excited. And then if she announces this new album that's coming out, what's it called? Lying bitch? She just went back to the old age format? Yeah she did.
Speaker 8: Is it thirty?
Speaker 1: Has it been announce to thirty? I fucking hope. So otherwise all these angry is unjustified.
Speaker 2: Because remember they put all the promo up with big thirties all around them.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And then on the Instagram post that she did when she announced the album and the day that was coming out, it just said thirty Dash November nineteen. So I'm assuming the new album thirty Yeah, there you go. Yeah, so she's just named it after a fucking age. By the way, that's not even her age at the moment. It was when it was the age when she wrote the music. But like, is that how it works? The age when she wrote the music. Well, apparently the powtwork.
Speaker 2: That's you got to explain that. Because I thought she was turning thirty.
Speaker 1: You know what, I was hoping thirty three? Yeah, she is thirty three, so you know what I was hoping that she was going to call the album. She did like an Instagram live recently and she was talking about it and someone said, what's the new album about? I just wanted her to call it this.
Speaker 7: It's my next album will be based on divorce, Babe divorce.
Speaker 1: If she called it divorce babe divorce, oh, I would froth that so much.
Speaker 2: But no that we've hits such as I'm Keeping the Rain, Drove hun.
Speaker 1: I Love No, that's my Saturday. Yeah no, you got the kids Monday through Friday. I've got them for soccer. The interlude listens thirty I'm like, you lied to me.
Speaker 8: She did lie she a fan of trilogy?
Speaker 1: She did. She did say she was a fan of trilogies. And I don't stand for FIBs bullshit? What she speak? Star Wars fan? What are the trilogies? Lord of the Ring? Who says I'm a fan of trilogy? No, she said, I believe in trilogy. I believe in Well yeah, well they're not fake girl. Well she obviously made open mind and had thought about it thoroughly. You know, she'd this album was going to be so well thought out, and then she just got to it and meant, fuck it fae. Yeah, leave it at that. She said it as one syllable thy. I'm excited for the new album. Yeah, me too. I just I was more intrigued about what the new name could be. You know what I'm going to get her on? Really? Yeah? Yep, you're telling me you can get adele, but you can't get died. They're basically the same per mark my word.
Speaker 2: I will get us Adele.
Speaker 1: Don't bother marking them. Jenna, put your pen down, okay, and.
Speaker 2: You can look down the barrel of the zoom camera.
Speaker 1: I just made it so clear that I don't do well with fibbs, So you need to quit while you're ahead, because this isn't going to happen. I was never gonna get aus adele.
Speaker 6: It just me, As Helen Keller once said, this podcast is fucking dope you're listening to Is.
Speaker 1: It just me?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Now, it's your turn for an? Is it just you? Of your own?
Speaker 2: This is called the Is it just us? Where we give you a chance to I mean not really your host. You're not getting paid the exorbitant amount of money that we did after a week. You wouldn't know what to do with that number. It goes out a numbers that amount of money exists and we'd go yes.
Speaker 1: But if anything else pops into your mind, is it just me of your own? Make sure you DM it to us, send a voice message to act couple of mitches and sure you'll get you on. Who have you got today? Today?
Speaker 2: And this is her real name, good, not fake. It is Jessica Jamie Owen. She's got three first names, Jessica Amy Owen has an Is it just you?
Speaker 1: Let's roll it?
Speaker 8: Is it just me? Or is being cremated? Like really selfish?
Speaker 1: Is that it? Yeah? Does she not elaborate on that. I feel like that's I don't get where she's coming from.
Speaker 2: She does, I gotta do all I right a bit further because yeah, there wasn't much there.
Speaker 1: That's what she said, Like.
Speaker 8: What are you supposed to do with the ashes long term? Do they get handed down in the generations? What if grandma's earn doesn't match your day care anymore?
Speaker 1: What the fuck? I agree? Good point? Okay, the daycore thing. I'm sure you can just get a new earn and pour them in. Like It's not like they're stuck in that one earn forever, is it.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: The problem is, and the problem I had never thought of it until Jessica brought it up, is that I won't have an attachment to my great great great great grandfather so in and maybe I don't know, four hundred years when really long after I've gone, I'll be cremated somewhere. No one's going to give a shit about my own Ye.
Speaker 1: See this part I'd never thought about. Yeah, like, once your ashes goes to you know, next of kin or whoever's specialty that wants to keep the ashes when they can't get where does it go.
Speaker 6: I'm with my aunt for example. Yes, when she was cremated, we buried the ashes. Oh they were buried.
Speaker 1: How unconventional?
Speaker 8: Yeap, So they were buried on top of her.
Speaker 1: Do you want to get buried or cremated both? Yeah? How selfish?
Speaker 8: So they were buried on top of her. Mum, who is buried?
Speaker 1: That's sweet? Okay, it's nice. I like that. See that.
Speaker 2: I like because in five hundred years, everyone's going to end up having an own room in mayh Yeah, it'll be come fashion to have an own room with all your great great relatives.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, I never thought about this, And now I want to know if there's anyone out there who has somehow inherited the ashes of someone near you could not give a flying fuck about. Yeah, that's who I want to hear from a couple of inches.
Speaker 2: Do you have a real, real niche family member in an urn in your house.
Speaker 1: And you don't have the heart to get rid of it because you're like, it meant something to someone, but now it's mine just because of my bloodline.
Speaker 2: Also the initial question, now, getting cremated is not selfish, Jessica, you are dead, it's your last final right. Some people don't even get to choose. I don't think there's a box you tick like.
Speaker 1: I think that's something that you would do in your will. But I think being buried is more selfish. Look at all the land masks that you're taking up. Yeah, I just think. Yeah, the reason I like the idea of getting cremated is because I wouldn't want to when I'm doing my will, I wouldn't want to have to choose between being buried in Sydney or bogen Gate. So you can just like sprinkle bits of me anywhere you want, and then I have to decide who gets to keep the vastard. Yeah, my grandfather died.
Speaker 2: My nan got a little piece of his own scooped up into her necklace and she used to wear him around.
Speaker 1: That's cute.
Speaker 2: But then it was also like thinking you've kind of just maybe got like an ankle and a hand in there, Like it's weird to think that you've got a little bit Like I find that a bit creepy.
Speaker 1: Well, they burned the coffin as well, so you've probably got mostly like flawmber stuff. They burned flowers too. Yeah, the whole coffin as you see it exit the church. If you're getting buried or cremated. It just gets chucked in either the ground or an incinerator or whatever. That's actually, you're very right. So you're getting lots of floral notes and stuff. Yeah you're not. Just grandma's toe.
Speaker 2: No, my, When my grandfather died, I put it key to Alcatraz because when I went to Alcatraz, I bought it for him. It's a key to a prison in America.
Speaker 1: And I explained why that would be something one.
Speaker 2: Because he had always wanted to go to Alcatraz and he could never make it right. So when I went, I went, ooh, could I got you to keda Alcatraz? He thought it was the coolest thing. He hung it, hung it up in his living room, just a random key. So when he died, I'm like, I want this to be buried with him. So he put it on his coffin and by some grounds, fucking grave keeper is melt like, what a graphic image to give to a fifteen year old boy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you can't. It's white mount. You got to take that off.
Speaker 2: And I went mean, just take the keynage. Take the keynage. And didn't really click until you know, I got a bit old of it. They just didn't want that to be that couldn't be melted with his body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, imagine if that they scoop up the ashes and then the urn becomes like a kin to surprise, you shake it this little inside like, No, just keep the key as a memento for yourself. Yes, and I still have it. I still have it. Imagine if I was like, oh, you know what would mean a lot to my father, A bottle of care asene. I'm going to put that on the coffin as they burn it the whole crematorium gone.
Speaker 2: That's what I want, you know, I want that my dad really loved, but tane gas tanks.
Speaker 1: On the coffin. My dad was a real TNT kind of guy. Okay, so this is what you're going to do to get back at that aggressive groundsman. You just gotta have to the next person in your life that gets permated. You got to somehow put something highly flammable in this. You have to, Okay, I will. What's that? The fire starters? A little white bricks you put on fires. The Redheads box of red Heads. Carl'skind have a loved that.
Speaker 8: They meant so much to them.
Speaker 2: So I don't they couldn't argue it. It's my it's my wishes.
Speaker 1: It is. Yeah, if you put that in the wheel, they have to, yeah, blow up the crematorium. I'm the way out now. I'm really curious. We're stuck down a rabbit hole now. But Jannet, can you look up? Is there some sort of live footage of a crematorium. I'm assuming they wouldn't actually have the verage of a body being buried, but just like as a as a demonstration, you know, for educational purposes, because I want to know how long it burns for or is it such high intensity that it's kind of like now it's actually.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're there'd be a documentary.
Speaker 6: For my aunt was cremated. I spent a few hours watching cremation videos, so.
Speaker 1: We all agreed the different ways, you know, yeah.
Speaker 8: Quite the experience of this.
Speaker 1: There was like a peep hole in the crematorium watching.
Speaker 8: I'm got front right seat. It was very it was very informative.
Speaker 6: But this video posted nine years ago, six minutes the process of a cremation and a crematorium.
Speaker 1: I can just get it up on here, yes, Kenya, I've heard otherwise, Well, yeah, Jenna, forget about it. Mitch is bringing it up so we'll all be able to hear it. Okay, oh we're getting a warning. This is a YouTube. So how's it going? Well? As you guys all know, I work at the cemetery and stuff here, and you don't really see much of like enough out of ye clown, get to the burning. Oh here we know. Oh okay, so it's in this little oven thing. It's closing down. The door was slowly closing in that. Now it's kind of captured in this concrete oven. Oh oh okay, that answers my question. It takes a while for every last.
Speaker 2: Bit to burn, and he's like you would do it at a backyard bonfire.
Speaker 1: He's prodding the fire. Yeah. Look he's got a fucking marshmallow on the end. Put the fuckway. That's a sell. Shit.
Speaker 8: Oh he's cracking it over.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I don't think I want that. Yeah, turn it off. That's a lot. Oh look now, Mitchell.
Speaker 2: When it's done, and once at cool, they get a dust pan and they sweep you into a into a pile of rubble.
Speaker 1: Jesus, I feel like I should shout these guys in your broom. They were using a really shit broom. It looked like a prop from Harry Potter quidditch games.
Speaker 2: They're the bones and they think they must grind.
Speaker 1: Them up in the bad us. Oh yeah, it's quite a process. God imagine the smell. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: But then again, what's the flip side? You're going to rot in the ground with maggots crawling in and out of your body.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean. I'd rather just like light me up, burn the bitch.
Speaker 2: We go a hell anyway, Yeah, thank you Jessica for your insightful what grim is it? Just you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: That was but it was interesting.
Speaker 2: Listen, it's going to happen to all of us, and you may as well be equipped with the idea that what's going to happen down the track.
Speaker 1: You're dead. That's the only certainty in life.
Speaker 2: Everyone was right, like death and taxes and an uncle that always used to say that then he died, so also was fine for tax evation, So kind of wrong in the end.
Speaker 1: All right, should we do get as junk more ship bits of.
Speaker 4: The Let's take a peek at Jenna's junk, shall we?
Speaker 1: We all know that Jenna's junk is stinging for attention. Most days. Yeah it is. It often goes neglected. Jenna's yunk. But right now she's gonna stick a fist right up there and fish out.
Speaker 2: The goods fish because it's really visceral and you can smell it.
Speaker 1: Hang on, hang on, I have to explain the fucking actual concept. Sorry, it's all that shit ideas. And then she gets them out of the.
Speaker 2: Chunky we bring it to Is it just use every week? It's just these are the ship ones that don't make the cut often the best ones?
Speaker 1: Can I go in now?
Speaker 8: Pathetic?
Speaker 1: So critical, dumb?
Speaker 8: Is it just me?
Speaker 6: Or did everyone else's mum flush soggy cereal down the toilet?
Speaker 1: I claim it? Yeah, that's your junk. She flushed soggy cereal down the toilet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because when you eat a bowl of Chris Bis, right, and they go soggy and you have like the last light and ten or so pieces or a dozen pieces, you can't pour it down the sink because it's it clogs the sink. So you just pour it into the toilet and you flush it all in one go and it goes. So sometimes I'd go to the toilet to take a gigantic ship and there would be a half eaten bowl of swollen cocoa pops sitting in the in the toilet. She didn't even flush them, no, because they'd float to the top and they were so boys.
Speaker 1: That's so wrong.
Speaker 4: Yours.
Speaker 8: I've never heard of that.
Speaker 2: I still do it to this day, and I had to explain it to hate and I'm like, it's what everyone does.
Speaker 1: Bad. No, it's not all the way to bis in the toilet.
Speaker 2: If anything, it's smart.
Speaker 1: Pour it in the toilet, then you don't have to, you know, pour it in the sinks. Well you could say that about literally anything in life, Like you could just put your vegetable scraps, your potato peels, everything in the toilet, Like where does it end?
Speaker 2: It's true, actually, but I think it's a great life hack. It's harmless. It's harmless, and I think it'll be on BuzzFeed in a week. This radio announces life hack will save you hours in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I'm bored. Can you email this to Daily Mail? I want to see if they pick up on.
Speaker 8: This hour, I'll write about it. Is it just me?
Speaker 6: Or a stemless wine glass is the dumbest thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's one of mine. Without a stem, it's literally just a cup, is it not wine glass? It's a fucking cup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. And they're so easy to knock over.
Speaker 1: Yeah they roll. Well, No, that's the risk that you have with the stem. They're like, oh, I don't want to break on the good stem glasses. If you drop it, it's going to break with or without a stem. You also have to hold it like this when the bottom right. You're a fucking idiot. You got to hold it like you're cradling an ass, like you're cupping someone's ball. What's the point of having the wine glass without a stem. That's like saying, oh, I've got a screenless TV. No, that's a fucking radio. That's good. Yeah, you have to have the screen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got tinted glasses. There's sunglasses. That's a completely different thing.
Speaker 1: I've got a handleless saucepan. No, that the cauldron. I've got an engineless car. You're riding a scooter.
Speaker 8: They get worse. So just me or do you do you not remember the last time you were dizzy?
Speaker 1: When it was the last time you were dizzy, answering me that.
Speaker 6: I know, Yeah, it was on Saturday morning because my cat scratched my hand get rid of it, and blood was everywhere.
Speaker 8: I rushed to the bathroom.
Speaker 6: I came back and I was so dizzy I fainted.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a difference between being dizzy and lightheaded. I'm talking about when you spin heaps, like when you roll down a hill or something. Did you ever just like get dizzy on purpose, just for fun? Like sometimes I just stand in a room and like twirl around heaps and you look up at the roof and go oh, and then you're like, oh, I'm dizzy. I'm like, I haven't. I can't recall the little the original like free hit, like getting yes, yeah, before Nangs, Yeah, we had spinning Yeah yeah, before poppers. We look up to the sky and spin. Yeah. Well, when was the last time you did that? Is there a hill nearby? Let's go roll down the fucking hill?
Speaker 2: Why don't hold on you get up, Mitchell, I'm in a spinning chair and you spin me.
Speaker 1: I'm going to need to that's a two person job, Jenna. Yeah, why don't we spin you? Then you're lighter. I don't know if I'm ready for this. And now now I get what my mum meant when she said, oh no, I can't go on show rides anymore, Like you know, I'm old now, like the Easter Show, like roller coasters and ships. This is not spinning music. He fes this music for everything. Oh this is my tap dance music.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh god, Okay, Mitch is now spinning. It feels quickly, but just so you know, you're not spinning quickly at all. Move the birthday wheel. This has got wh's written all over it. You've got a brain elness. Are you sure you should be doing this? Oh god, oh my god, you just ran like headfirst into the studio camera. Sit down again, Sit down? Are you banging this on? Are you genuinely fucking yeh? See why I didn't want to do it. That was wild walking a straight line like we're doing a drunk test. Yeah. I don't think that was a good idea in the studio.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, with your brain condition, you're going to go full Patrick from Offspring on us. Oh no, like you look fine now, but he imagined the cause of death went. He had a spin course on his coffice chairs. Oh she's jumping in back in a ride?
Speaker 6: Is it just me?
Speaker 8: Or do you really enjoy sixty minutes?
Speaker 2: Oh that's me.
Speaker 1: They're a bit hit and miss good sixty minutes. If there's a good one, I'll find it on YouTube. Yes, I agree.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I'll stumble upon like the Mattie McCann sixty minutes and go, I know this will slap.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you how many times I've watched the Belle Gibson sixty minutes. Oh that's good. Tara Brown literally tears her a new asshole in the most elegant way possible. It's amazing what.
Speaker 2: Happens if she lied about having a multitude of illnesses to profit?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, she she wrote some cookbook claiming that she cured her own brain cancer about eating fruit and shit and like organic nuts or something. And then someone investigated and it was all b yes, like she never had cancer. And then she did a sixty minutes interview trying to defend it, being like, but I was told I believed I had cancer. And she goes, who told you that? Bell my doctor? And she goes, well, that doctor doesn't exist. It's amazing. They doesn't pick her a bit, and she never breaks. She's so adamant that she did nothing else brilliant, rolling everything. Sixty minutes, it's really good and there Mitch is right.
Speaker 2: It's hit and miss, but it doesn't hold a flame to Sunday Night from Sunday Night with Meldoyle and that was a big thing from Sunrise and Mum was like, we're going to try Sunday Night for a couple of weeks, and then we went back to sixty minutes.
Speaker 1: Ye yeah, well Sunday Night it's no longer win.
Speaker 6: Oh, I got acts, I'm backed in, Okay, okay, I'm shut up.
Speaker 8: Is it just me?
Speaker 6: Or are people who say beat beep or knock knock out loud really fucked?
Speaker 1: That'd be mean. You know those people that they'll show up at your front door and rather than physically knocking, they'll go knock, Yeah, just knock, dickhead.
Speaker 6: Everybody They all yeah, oh really.
Speaker 1: And then it happened the other day someone was driving and someone was crossing the road and they were in this car's way, so they wound down the window and went beep. No they didn't use your horn, half wit, that's what it's there for. Yeah, I don't like that. What is the word for knock knock and beat beep? They're both Is it automatic p Yeah? Yeah, Like why why are they saying the automatic pe is out loud?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Imagine if I'm at a Broadway musical and I go clap.
Speaker 2: Clap, you know, walk past a construction work.
Speaker 1: Who was electric? Good at work?
Speaker 4: Zap zap?
Speaker 1: What if? What if you're an Olympic diver and you're standing there by the pool, you're up on the podium, then you just go splash and then physically make the splash. That's why you're there.
Speaker 2: I would save a ball with a lot of headaches if you just went bang bang.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's too soon to make Alec bawd when shooting though him not the poor woman. Yeah, that's actually a really good point. They should have just edited a bang in la Oh hang on, sorry, sneeze back in.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm back in junk John.
Speaker 6: Is it just me or is it weird that we call marthaka Martha from Maths?
Speaker 1: Oh? That is me. Well, the fact that Jenna couldn't say marthaarks his name, now, it's probably why we just say Martha from Maths. Although I didn't watch Maths and I know who she is, so I don't see her as Martha from Maps. Same.
Speaker 2: I've never watched math so it's Martha Califertatis.
Speaker 1: How many times did you have to practice that? Seventeen?
Speaker 2: I heard williem Woody Owe Drive show A Kiss.
Speaker 1: Go coming up today, mother her Maths.
Speaker 2: That was Martha's first ever show. She's done so much since she almost won Celebrity Apprentice. Call her Martha from celebrit Prentice.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. One morning when I was still working for Kyle and Jackie, Oh, Jackie called in sick quite last minute, and so they didn't have time to organize like a feeling other than someone who lived quite close to the studio, and I think Martha Carths was one of the only people that probably answered her phone at that hour of the morning, at five am or whatever, and so she came and filled in for Jackie that morning, and Kyle never once got a name right, so he was like marthaka Flarkas, and She's.
Speaker 2: Like, it's Calfa Tarkas, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yep, And then it was Martha from Maths. And then he must have had the same thought that you did. Oh, that's disrespectful. So at one point he was just saying, oh, it's the Kyle and Jackie. Oh show Martha and the TV's feeling in for Jackie today and by the end it was Martha Kay and I'm like, that's bad us, Martha Kaine.
Speaker 2: Martha Kay is like that considering she's also going for the Kardashian vibe and she could Marfa k Yeah, yeah, yeah, she looks like Kim.
Speaker 1: She's gorgeous. But Martha from Maths is ridiculous.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, okay. Is it just me? Or is this really funny? And you've put in a link?
Speaker 1: Oh? Is it a TikTok? That's awfully impressive that you managed to put a link in an aluminium bin. Jen it's junk which is up here on the table. Yeah, it's written HTTP want me to read it out? Wait?
Speaker 8: Is this it strangled dead?
Speaker 1: Wait? Stop stop? I forgot what the actual is it just me? Question?
Speaker 8: Was Is it just me? Or is this funny?
Speaker 2: So this is a podcast recording of a woman who's doing a true chrime podcast on Gabby Batito and this is how she started. The missing girl who was found strangled by her boyfriend and then he was later found killed. Oh yes, very big case captivated the nation, and she decided to do a podcast on it, and this is how it started.
Speaker 5: Gabby Tito strangled dead, big thank you to our partner making today's program passed, Wild Alaskan Company.
Speaker 1: Are you home chefs?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: The only thing right, So she had a sponsor credit line to get away right at that moment. That's tough.
Speaker 2: She had to think Wild Alaskan Company. But did she have to do it after that cliffhanger? Yeah, strangle tone deaf dad, We of course must thank Tassel Salmon, a friend with salmon, and all the coast.
Speaker 1: Could have been words. Imagine if it was some sort of like rope company.
Speaker 2: Oh, strangle dad, I'm timber in horridware. Have a rope sail this weekend, two for one if you quote potato too, that's enough.
Speaker 1: This is stupid. Oh, Jenna, we are overly nice. Whenever she brings another it's me on the show, Mitch hypes them up like, oh, Jenna's are amazing. I don't feel that any of ours. We're drastically worse than hers. Yeah, and she goes, oh, it's.
Speaker 8: Stupid, wawful again, Wait till you hear this one.
Speaker 6: This is just me or do you not understand what goody two shoes means.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, like you know how they say, oh my god, it's such a goody two shoes, you're so up tight whatever it may be. Yeah, as though to imply they're having one shoe makes you down to earth and cool, like, oh, you've got two matching shoes on. Ugh, she's clearly stuck up her own ass. But look at me, one barefoot. I'm just like everyone else without a call. I'm so cool and chilled. Look at me. You know what I mean, goody two shoes. I wonder what it means.
Speaker 2: Maybe it means that you just you'll put together, you're well kept, your a bit hoity toy to you point your nose up at the others.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But when you think about it, the phrase is just like you've got basic fucking hygiene and necessities two shoes.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So apparently goody washed hair's that's just clean linen.
Speaker 1: Apparently goody rush teeth.
Speaker 6: It comes from a children's story from seventeen sixty five called the History of Little Goody two Shoes.
Speaker 1: Okay, and that's.
Speaker 8: Where it comes from.
Speaker 6: The fable tells of Goody two Shoes, the nickname of a poor orphan girl name that Marjorie Meanwell, who goes through life with only one shoe. When a rich gentleman gives her a complete pair, She's so happy that she tells everyone that she has two shoes. Later, Marjorie becomes a teacher and marries a rich widower. This earning of wealth serves as proof that her virtue has been rewarded because.
Speaker 2: She put on a second shoe, So that two shoes is actually a sign of your doing well.
Speaker 1: But I've always thought that that phrase, oh you're a goody two shoes like a way you know, that's what I thought to knock people down a notch. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember in year seven I was off at a vodka cruiser and I said no thank you, and they went classic, Mitch, always a goodie two shoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. Interesting. You have always been quite a fucking shelf, Mitch, mister goody two AirPods. Yeah, that's me unnecessary.
Speaker 2: So you, Mitch, you are goody two kidneys. Thinking is better than everyone else.
Speaker 1: Well if you think that's bad, oh my god, Mitch is a fucking goody four ties from wayback. That's good.
Speaker 8: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: In that inc Wincy Spider Yes, he's a goodie fucking a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe that's enough. Let's go. Yeah, should we end the show? They're getting work, Let's go everyone.
Speaker 2: I think you're listening to the program. What a dull god, she's off?
Speaker 1: Now. How do you feel about your junk? Now? How much lighter?
Speaker 8: It's a much lighter?
Speaker 1: Do you feel refreshed? Really too? You do look like lifted?
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: I had a friend tell me yesterday the other day we're talking that she do you guys know what fem fresh is?
Speaker 1: Don't let it help with the your thinking more. It's a p H.
Speaker 2: Balance thing, right general, I think like cleanses the female.
Speaker 1: Areas and mister goody too is in layman's terms, that helps your thinking more.
Speaker 2: Yes, it helps men care about I was trying to be polite to call me Burton, and she said she put her daughter to bed right, and the daughter stunk of fem fresh, And she went, oh, that's odd. She must have kids play with everything in the sh she must just play with it. And she puts a kid to bed, bridges it goes to actual bed and goes to snug up to her husband and realized that he too smells of fem Fresh.
Speaker 1: Oh no, they thought it was just normal snape.
Speaker 2: To day, my husband thought it was just Rerex owned body wash and had washed the entire kids and his body and his hair with fem Fresh.
Speaker 1: How did was she there with it? Does he his body gel to wash his hair straight? And are weird?
Speaker 2: They get that all in one conditioner washing also toothpaste like they just think goody to hair products.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very true, I suppose. Yeah, maybe I'm haughty toy because I've got conditioner and bonding mask.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I shampoo twice? Do you shampoo twice, one for the one for the clean.
Speaker 1: I haven't shampooed in like years? Yeah, I forgot? Are you serious? Yeah? I don't use stampoo. What do you mean your hair so glossy? I know because the shampoo strips it of its natural oil. So if you go long enough without shampooing it and you push through the greasing that eventually it just becomes luscious and beautiful. Oh my god, So all I do is conditioner and argan oil. Shit, Yeah, you're good. You're good. Good hair care product. Shampoo an conditioner can grow up all right? Everyone?
Speaker 2: If you haven't, you please leave us a review. It keeps us going on the cloud five stars if you do so, please. Also, we are still selling mugs in our bio on Instagram.
Speaker 1: You can buy a mug.
Speaker 2: And the summer merch is coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very meeting. Yeah, if you've been putting off buying a mug, you better fucking get a riggerline dyl because they won't be there much longer. We're going to be pushing the new merch line. Yeah, and the new merch line. Oh it's good. Noah.
Speaker 2: Well, we had a problem with our Lycra distributor in Taiwan. Not again, they had a fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't defain Billabong. It was Roxy actually up all the Lycra. Oh all right, we'll see next week everyone. For episode ninety, can you believe? Oh shit, what are we supposed to do something special for the ninetieth I feel like that's more significant than the eightieth.
Speaker 2: Jenna, what what's what do you normally did for a ninetieth celebration?
Speaker 1: Can you quickly google? We've had a few quickly. Do you know that I realized the other day that we completely miss our second birthday of the show. Yeah, we didn't acknowledge it at all. When was it October fourth? Yeah, so we're two years old. Guys, that's good. Two years look at us, go Jenna, what okay?
Speaker 8: Ninety year, ninetieth year wedding?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? What is it? A couple of music?
Speaker 8: It's stone?
Speaker 1: So it's stone, yes, stone.
Speaker 2: You're telling me I have to stay married to Hayden for ninety years for him to get me a pebble.
Speaker 8: That is crap.
Speaker 1: Here you go back here you are, someone's ringing me.
Speaker 2: Oh do you want to take it?
Speaker 1: It's my grandmother kidding? Who was? It doesn't matter? What are we going to do? We should? We do anything for the nineties. We'll get each other a stone. Why don't we all get stoned for the final episode? Al Right? Lock it in guys, we've just had a quick brainstorm. Next week we're in studio. We're going to hop box. It's bitch for an Yeah yeah, no, we couldn't do that here. We'd have to work from home. Whose house are we hot boxing?
Speaker 2: I have a new home studio. I've got a room built for it with ventilation.
Speaker 1: Fabulous? All right, Jenna, do you still remember how to pack a come with those cat nails that your shall I do? Jenny?
Speaker 2: You could pack a lot under those nails.
Speaker 1: You never know what I mean. We just got fucking munched, frown.
Speaker 2: Stick. Sticking with us for ninety ninety episodes isn't achieved me. But that's for next week. We're I'm going to talk about it now. Get excited for next week. Sending your messages of love and support and congratulations with you.
Speaker 1: No, I dizzy, I looked.
Speaker 2: Up and spun. I'm fucking my brains dislodged, or it could have cured me. I don't feel like migrain coming on. I've been working a while, so maybe you fix me spin therapy. All right, we'll see next week for episode ninety.
Speaker 1: Love you all. Leave us a review and we'll talk to you. Then you then love you?
Speaker 8: Is it just me a podcast by a couple of miches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, we're going to do this. I've gotta be on, Sue, you can introduce it, Michelle, what.
Speaker 1: Have we not done that yet? No? Oh my god, that whole Jenner's junk just felt like one big ad debrief.
Speaker 2: No, the main show just ended.
Speaker 1: Welcome to add three. This is that secret segment on the end. We pretend we're gone. Apparently I really commit to that act. I thought we were genuinely done, and then we keep talking.
Speaker 2: In its sleep you have to shut it down like niggle, pencil case zipped up quicker.
Speaker 1: I mean that really really felt like that was actually the end of it, and we'd already done the fake ending and then already come back and be like kidding, we're still here. We're here, guys. Oh well, I've got nothing else to say.
Speaker 2: What should we do for our fucking ninetieth We only just realized as it came out of my mouth.
Speaker 8: Get a ninety year old on, Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: My grandma the only but she is now he couldn't get poor kissy on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But then what do we say to them other than being ninety like ooh good on news. You made a number of years that we've done episodes of the podcast not really the same, is it. Yeah?
Speaker 2: We could say on episode thirty seven, we did this, what did you do when you were thirty seven?
Speaker 1: NINETI is fucked, isn't that ninety? Yeah? It is the fact that we've done that many episodes. It's definitely well past the point where I can remember what we did on each It's when we got into the it's when we got into the twenties that I stopped being able to remember, because I in the early days, I could have told you exactly what we did on episode one, two, three, four, all the way through to twenty something. Now I don't even remember what we did fucking three weeks ago.
Speaker 2: I think up to eleven I can remember. Then I cap out, I'm done.
Speaker 1: You can still remember the early ones, but not the more recent ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're making like actual money now, hundreds of thousand.
Speaker 1: Like an absurd amount. You wouldn't even recognize the figures. Truly shocked, you idiot.
Speaker 2: You call me when we're gonna have to buy a podcast house to offset some of the cash, Okay, like a high house in La.
Speaker 1: My podcast In and Out ninety is very good. What do we do three weeks ago? I'm trying to test if I can remember. So this is eighty nine, eighty six. I'll go to the feet. I have no idea what we did in episode eighty six.
Speaker 2: Okay, episode eighty six car crash interview.
Speaker 1: Ah, yes, why did I go three weeks ago? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you remember why we did a pig week in episode sixty.
Speaker 1: Eight yes, because I was about to go. I was about to start personal training with James and he was going to be tracking my dietary intake and so I was like, this is it. This is my last pig out before someone starts monitoring what I ate. Yeah. I no longer see fucking James anymore. He moved during the pandemic. Where did he go to? Back to Newcastle? I texted him like the week before lockdown lifted and all the gins are about to reopen, and said, so shall we pick up where we left off? And he goes, nah, don't live in sitting anymore. So I was like, well, all right, I guess, so just be a pig find it out of the trainer.
Speaker 2: But there's not exactly a shortage, Jenna.
Speaker 1: Sorry as well.
Speaker 2: I was meant to save you some of that popcorn chicken, but I ate at all.
Speaker 1: It was Red Rooster, sorry, but buttermilk pops butter pop milk cap. Mitchell was in a shit mood. I was in a found which he called me earlier, and I was on the way to the studio and I saw Red Ruster and I was like, oh know, what'll pep that fucking asshole right up and then all of a sudden he's spinning on his chair. So I think it worked. I think I think the fast food, the greasy chicken really won him over.
Speaker 2: I even dropped a couple of buttermilk pops and then went down to get my charge before and found them and ate.
Speaker 1: Them where had to drop them on the floor. You're disgusting.
Speaker 8: I don't blame you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jenna.
Speaker 2: Now, should I have a housewarming and should we invite listeners?
Speaker 1: No, we can do a giveaway. See. My problem with having a house warming is that I don't know. I don't know who to not invite because there's still a limit on how many people can be in your house in Sydney, and so I don't even have spare spots for listeners because I'm so popular. Are you? Are you actually that boy friends? No to boyd to friends? Are you struggling for guests that much? No, I'm just being an idiot.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't invite you swine listening, you know.
Speaker 1: I imagine how insufferable our listeners would be. I had to go to a kiss listener event the other day. I'm not too much our listeners. I would be cool as yes, kids, maybe.
Speaker 2: Listeners and I know you guys know this. I'm not too my own horn, but they think of me and all the radio anounced the kiss. They think we are big time celebs.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 2: They think we are like just Bert fucking Newton and I turn up and someone goes.
Speaker 1: Match time, met night, Let's get a photo.
Speaker 2: Doing shots, doing shots, and they were buying me so many shots.
Speaker 1: I can't do this, so I don't think you can't do multiple So I'd see little Goodie too standard drinks. Goodie to standards, he said to me. The other day, I was at a Halloween party and one of the people that was there was like, oh my god, you're meet Mitch. I miss you on Kyle and Dakio And I was like, what are you talking about. That's the the least remarkable thing I've ever been Meet Mitch. My whole role was to be quiet. I never spoke, I never said anything funny. I was just meant. I was just awkward the whole time.
Speaker 2: Like someone going up to you going, oh my god, you are the supercar driver from Studio ten. Oh yeah, that one cross you did in the back of a supercar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And if you go on my management's website. That's what they chosen. If you go to this examplified dot com and you go to the talent there a screenshot of me reporting at a fucking rally car track.
Speaker 2: If you go to RGM my management site, they're like Mitch Cheery twenty three and then I'm fucking twenty six. Like, yes, that was fine when you signed me at twenty three, but I've aged because people do every year, not twenty three.
Speaker 1: You know what I find really funny if you go on the website I had just said, my management's website, Yeah, all right, Hey and I are both on there. Yeah, And there's a little section that says audience, and mine says young adults. His says LGBTQ plus and women. So they've made a point of saying that straight men will not like him a girl, but for me, I'm just young adults. The straight blokes frough me, but I love you. Yeah, I speak their language because I'm from bogen Gate.
Speaker 2: It would confuse them though, because they go, I want to like this buddies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who was it that said someone here at Kids when I still worked here said they took a photo of us wearing our new Merch back in Merch March, and they were like, I'm so confused because like you look like a really hot girl, but I know you're not. It's like, well, darl and you just go wherever your mind wanders. Hi, way, mind, II way, mind. You have my consent, gorgeous.
Speaker 2: A weird girl if you need me to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Maybe we should wrap this up. I can never I can never do this award winning program when which is over there clicking.
Speaker 2: We've already won all the awards though, must swim in more.
Speaker 1: I know, like, where do you go from a Nobel Peace Prize? We've got that? Amen logo is just nothing. I use that to scrape shit off my shoe.
Speaker 2: Mitch, should we go back to the logos? I wonder how we get another invite?
Speaker 1: Well? I was there working, and I don't work for Kiss anymore, so I don't see why I would be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we were on a table like we were guests.
Speaker 1: We weren't just staff.
Speaker 8: I'll ask to be Amanda's guest.
Speaker 1: That will help us. So she gets very grumpy because she doesn't win the gold. Do we all just pick one person and ask to be their plus one? Because I'm mates with Sarah Harris. She's divorced now, so I'll be your plus one. When did that happen.
Speaker 8: A few months ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's old news, it's recent dish. Who are you going to ask but m or Patty? He whip up some young fresh piece of bird. Look alone.
Speaker 2: She needs a fat, politically incorrect piece of arm candy. They were like, she needs another puff dumb right around the corner.
Speaker 1: I can say that. Okay, so you hit up Patty Newton. Yeah, Jenn know you're gonna hit up man. I'll hit up their great, we're going.
Speaker 8: To the lake going, oh my god, let's make it up.
Speaker 2: Imagine if wouldn't it be funny if Jenna married mcgirl. Wouldn't be funny that every year Jenna went to the logs because she married mgirl. Like if our podcast were to end and they in five years, everyone would to do a reunion. And Jenna is married to the mcgirl and every year she goes to the log.
Speaker 1: Because she's Spanish. Jenna likes it.
Speaker 8: He's married with two children.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they're your step children. Gener will meet them and say you can call me mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jenna, don't you be the evil step mother, you be the sweet one, Okay.
Speaker 1: Imagine getting Jenna as a stepmother. You'd think, Babe, stop trying so hard to be nice, and she's like, no, that's just what I'm like, I'd actually laughing.
Speaker 2: I think Jenna would be a good step thank you.
Speaker 1: No, I think she'd be too socially awkward and like worried about how to behave around them, and then she'd end up offending them in some way. Yeah, you're right. I just avoid them to be because when Jenny gets really awkward, she just laughs. Like one of them would be like, I'm I gotta bullet at school today. She'd go the middle why are you laughing at my face? Step mom? The middle of the night, three am, knock.
Speaker 2: Knock, I had a bad dream.
Speaker 1: I wet myself. Just let her laugh solo for a bit. Imagine your new stepmum behaving like that. We don't even have to do anything.
Speaker 2: You imagine that I got suspended from school today because I came out as a lesbian. Someone threw a mandarin peel at my face and it got me in the eyes.
Speaker 5: Crying mum.
Speaker 1: Someone tied my shoelacers together and then I tripped over and scraped my entire forehead on the ash. Felt what do you laughing at? Bitch? Ma'am?
Speaker 2: I accidentally cow would punch someone in King's cross.
Speaker 1: I need help hiding the body now. That's when she'd whip into action and be like, right right, step mom? Were there any witnesses? No, let's do this. All the step kids would have mcgirl's accent to.
Speaker 2: My mama, ma'am, you can't hear someone.
Speaker 1: Speak your for mama? Why you cry?
Speaker 2: You would be an interesting step mom, and I would be the worst step dad. I'd be so overbearing.
Speaker 1: I just want them to love me. I buy them. I'd buy their love.
Speaker 2: Do you what any peers for the front? There is through work, go through connections, There is email, sony pr.
Speaker 1: I would try and win them over, but if I didn't, that would be where it ends. I wouldn't be like, oh, how do I win them over? If if we don't get along at the first meeting, I'll just be like, babe, I'm coming over when they're not here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's a problem because kids take a while to warm up to you, so if they don't do it in your time, then you're they'll.
Speaker 1: Be dead to you no wonder their mother left them?
Speaker 2: Oh and that story did the mum leave well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because obviously my boyfriend realized that he was quite partial to Pean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you okay, say we came back together in five years, right, I'm not doing the podcast. Jenny be married to mcguel, Who would I be married to?
Speaker 1: If Hayden? Would it? Can bust? I was gonna say Hayden, imagine if he's fucking started hooking up with the junkie Matthew Newton? Is it Matthew? Yeah, had his problematic chime you, I'm not going to fuck Bert Newton's bastard son. I think you'll find Matthew was conceived in wedlock. There's no bastard for going on.
Speaker 2: He's got Patty's bitchiness, Patty's attitude.
Speaker 1: Patty and Jenna are actually quite similar by the way. They're sweet on the surface, but Paddy's fully capable of murder.
Speaker 2: I feel like Paddy is a real Chris Jenna vibe.
Speaker 1: I think she pushed Bert to his limits, or maybe he was always on TV week. Oh what if it was actually really noble and he was like, I don't want to live without my legs mother me with the pillow.
Speaker 2: No, she wasn't there. Didn't you read the article? The quote was, yeah, she missed him by twelve minutes.
Speaker 1: She was there.
Speaker 2: The quote was, maybe he didn't want me to be there for his final breaths. Patty's emotional plea.
Speaker 1: What does she mean missed him by twelve So.
Speaker 2: He was in a private care facility because he had his leg amputated, and I think he had I don't know what else to happen. And then she went home to get something, maybe see the Green kids, And she said she pulled into the driveway and she got a call from the manager and he died. So, yeah, that's that's very close.
Speaker 1: And she's like, well, that's my morning ruined. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Can we get Patty on the show?
Speaker 1: I might have a number, Yeah for a guest booker, Mitch, it's been a while. It's been a while. It's been one week since we've had a guest. No, I brought all right, hey in here, he's still a guest.
Speaker 2: We can't have guests after guess, regardless of who gets them. Yeah, but Patty Ken I don't have Patty.
Speaker 8: Do you get shame the sun?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They text I'm telling you that there's a chemistry bubbling away.
Speaker 2: What talent was Bert nine?
Speaker 1: Yes, I think you did a bit of everything.
Speaker 2: You know, my mom had a guest spot on Bert's show on the Morning show What Yeah, because she worked for She was the head of marketing for Cover Girl and she had to go on Bert Newton the show to talk about the new full range coverage of Cover Girl and got there, got in here and make up, got to the side of stage and freaked out and didn't do it and then they were so mad.
Speaker 1: But it was really mad at her. Well, so you would be because you had to fill a segment if your guests pulled out on you last minute. Kate Langbrook. The reason that this week's show was so she did because we went to have Kate Langbrook on and then she bayed. It was shocking, but I liked it for that reason.
Speaker 2: All Right, it's on that note, we should go hopefully kateling Brook soon.
Speaker 1: If she doesn't, Cat's on it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was meant to come on to promo her new book, Bless Kate lane Brook.
Speaker 1: She's not dead, speaking of.
Speaker 2: Speaking of chow bellaow Beller.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Seah, We're going to go be what a great.
Speaker 2: Growing up my my family had a cat named Bella, and one day we did have to say by Bella, thank God when Bella passed.
Speaker 1: What of death chat today? Yeah, Jane's loving it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, really entertaining in our wheelhouse. Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: Let's leave people on a positive note. Are we still doing that whole two percent better thing?
Speaker 1: I don't know why you're asking me, because you're the one that told me not to do it anymore. I like it.
Speaker 2: I think you should do a specially after today's deep episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we can't. I just don't want to be tied to that fucking moron. I'll change it to three because that's my favorite number. We hope if the podcast made you feel three percent better today, that's all. Just three. That's all we want, see, that's the aim.
Speaker 2: We love you like we say, Please leave us a review five stars. We will be back next week for episode ninety. Surely some surprises will.
Speaker 1: Be and in the meantime, we'll just chat to you in our Facebook group and you're and idiots, don't forget to go join that one if you haven't already joined the group.
Speaker 2: Secret Facebook group. The scenes footage and a whole lot of fun if you haven't, Is It just You? You one on the show d ms on Instagram. We might feature it and we will talk to you guys next week.
Speaker 1: Stay say catch you, then love you when it gets me. Is It Just Me?
Speaker 8: A podcast by a couple of meches.
Speaker 4: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.