Speaker 1: Monday afternoon. It is the Pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch rushing to Chemists Warehouse Now to get a half price off the Nature's Own Vitamin range. It excludes both sizes. Okay, Chemist Warehouse, great savings every day. You know, I'm obsessed with the Netflix show The Ultimatum.
Speaker 2: It's all you've been talking about, but it's this. You're you're obsessed with the Queen one, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Ultimatum Queen Love. It's for gay couples, and it's like perfect and I'm just in it. I'm freshly out of a five year monogamous relationship, so this is like, it's perfect for me because what it is is they get a queer couple and one of them is like biting itching to get married and the other is kind of not really sold on the fact, dragging their feet a little bit. Yeah, a little bit like that. And the premise of the show is just that it's an ultimatum. It's they spend a couple of weeks together on this reality show and either at the end of it they decide to get married or they decide to break up.
Speaker 3: I think if you have to give your romantic partner an ultimatum about marriage. It's probably not the best decision, and.
Speaker 1: On a reality show, and that's a very difference situation.
Speaker 2: But the craziest thing about this reality show is they don't just go away for eight weeks and like work on themselves in therapy. They go onto this show and swap couples. They go and date someone else.
Speaker 1: The perfect way to figure out if you want to marry it. No, it's kind of I kind of back it because it's a nice way of going if you're the one that really wants to get married, it's a nice way of going, let me just see if there's anyone else out there. And it's also good for the other partner to get some perspective to go. Actually, what I've got is amazing. I'm not going to drag my feet anymore. I get the mentality.
Speaker 2: They have a trial marriage with a new partner.
Speaker 3: It's why wait, so, how do they have to just live with the other partner do like they share a bed with them.
Speaker 1: Mobs, it's their big brother house. It's like maps but gay on steroids with their.
Speaker 3: Other partner partners and they're all together living in the one house, or they go to different houses.
Speaker 1: So they enter a trial a trial marriage with a new partner from one of the other pairings. So the possibilities really are endless. You can jump and change move around. It's great.
Speaker 3: I love that they won't even marry their own partners, but they'll have a trial marriage with someone they don't know.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the day of the day, you have to choose either break up or marry your partner. They're the only options.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had an ultimatum in your relationship, Mitch Things and you're so obsessed with the show?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean yeah. So I gave my partner an ultimatum to get his driver's license because I'm the only one who can drive, and we're twenty seven and I was over driving absolutely everywhere, and I said, you've got to get your ls so you can be a man. And the ultimatum work and he went and got his ol.
Speaker 3: There is nothing sexier than having your adult male partner get their l Oh yeah, in the bedroom, take them for a.
Speaker 1: Driving in the bedroom. I'm like, you'd be good, or I'm not going to sign your log books.
Speaker 2: What was the ultimatum that you'd break up if you didn't get his license?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was over it. It was fine.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't just that you have to get the bus.
Speaker 1: It was pretty extreme.
Speaker 2: It's not like the ultimatum is you don't get your license, you get in the bus.
Speaker 1: It's I'm out at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Mitch had the absolute dick from having a boyfriend who didn't have his license at the rivaled age of twenty seven.
Speaker 1: That thing gets me going more than slapping on a magnetic l plate to a holden Marina.
Speaker 2: At least the magnetic now, not the paper once to go on to the plate, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I feel like ultimatums are bad. I say this, and then I realized we just call them a bribery in our house, Like we use ultimatums for pretty much everything. It's like stop kicking your sister. There's an ultimatum, if you don't eat your peas. There's an ultimatum if you won't get in the shower. There's an ultimatumas just for Matt. Yeah, and then sometimes I do it for my children as well. But no, I pretty I'm pretty sure that every single parent out there uses ultimatums or bribery as a way to get them to do what you need them to do.
Speaker 1: Has anyone given you Brittin, Have you been given one or Laura in a relationship?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I mean, like there was the whole, like if you're going to marry the other person, I probably won't be here anymore. When my Psycho X was married two people at the one time.
Speaker 1: But besides that, it's probably what I mean.
Speaker 3: I I did give on to my ex. I said, if you don't stop cheating on me, I'm gonna leave you, and then I left him and now I'm married to someone else.
Speaker 1: So it turned out. Did you get given an ultimatum? Or what was yours? We love to know best ultimatum or best story will give five hundred bucks at chemist ware House. How about that? You can write into us at the pickup dot com. We're done. We'll see you guys tomorrow. If you missed any of the pick Up, you can podcast it on the iHeartRadio app. Have a good one, guys, say guys. Hey,