Speaker 1: Christian Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's a Christian O'Connell show. The song that sums up my weekend is this.
Speaker 3: I love the sound of breaking up.
Speaker 2: I I'm telling now, at the age of forty seven, the horror when you go, oh God, no, the world that opens up when you break a window in your house at the age of forty seven is exactly the age of the same horror that you felt when you were thirteen. Last time I broke a window, I was thirteen. It was a soccer ball, practicing free kicks in the garden and my aim wasn't quite good enough, and my mum happened to be literally washing up in the kitchen by the kitchen window looking into the garden has this big old leather football. You know, when you know it was curving. I mean, David Beckham would love the curve. I put on that literally aiming for the wall. It was aiming for the all, but that ball was aiming for the window and my mama's.
Speaker 3: Face and it just went.
Speaker 2: Shattered, glass falling in and into the washing base and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Why you do.
Speaker 3: All I heard was bucket money.
Speaker 2: You know you work out there as the subtext going on. So that was back when I was thirteen in.
Speaker 3: Nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend, I've been trying to convince my wife, right, when you are in a relationship and to be married for a while, it's like you're running a business together, and so any new purchases have to be preappoo vibed by the other kind of shareholder, okay, And I'm trying to convince her in the garage to see if I can have an indoor kind of golf setup where I can practice my swing.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking about the setup Andy Lee's got, No, he's got a professional beach.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's Jeff Bezos. What I need is a more budget version of that. So at the moment I've been looking at is it two budget to have a washing line with some old secondhand rugs? Draights over that and I whacked the ball into Okay, So if anyone does know about a very budget home golf setup, please let me know what to do. So my wife said, fine, but does you not practice any golf inside the house or outside the house. Now I did agree on that right the golf swing. However, over the weekend I was getting very frustrated, put the final touches to my book, and so I just thought, I just need a distraction.
Speaker 3: Five minutes I.
Speaker 2: Picked up golfers will know this my pitching wedge, okay, and this is for more shorter shots. Okay, it's got higher loft on. It should get a bit of height, all right. So I thought I can practice this in the house. This is the only club I've got some control over. Keyword here inside the house.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking it's not the swing. I'm not like going fall back with it. I'm just going back three or four inches. I'm still learning how to play golf is the other thing. I don't have any control anyway. Unless the first shot right, I can see the dogs. I'm lining it up right, and I remember my coach told me, okay, so it's just a very small pendulum, okay, body weight forward.
Speaker 3: I hit a very good.
Speaker 2: Pitch shot right that was too good for the small distance side it to cover, and it just hit at the golf ball whacked that window cracked like a spider's web, opened up right and straight away the kids come running down.
Speaker 3: What was that? And I'm literally stood there. I'm thirteen again. The grounded and the first.
Speaker 2: Of the said Mom's gonna go mad, and then run back up to ring her.
Speaker 3: That's an up in the house, right then, let my phone.
Speaker 2: My phone is going barely seconds later, tell me they're joking, Chris. She just loses it. She cracks an even bigger problem than the window pane. But do you know what, You can sort the glacier out on Monday. Anyway, how did you break a window? Let's get some calls in, Mick, how did you break the window?
Speaker 3: Wasn't I It was my brother.
Speaker 1: He managed to break two windows in the same location, in the same manner within a week.
Speaker 3: That's incredible. Tell us about the first.
Speaker 1: Break, Well, he used to walk down the corridor towards their room, sort of kicking his shoes off as he went and flicking them into the bedroom footloose. One of them went through the window above he's.
Speaker 3: Dead, which is a great change to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was issued with a severe reprimand the window was replaced, and a week later he managed to do the same thing in.
Speaker 3: The manner with the old kicking off the shoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, I wasn't party to a conversation that took place between him and my father, but needless to say, the performance was never repeated.
Speaker 3: That's incredible, make great story, well told. Thank you now worries kids, Scott. I'm good, Scott.
Speaker 2: I heard you had a great weekend. Thanks for colling the show. How did you break the window?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, it's three weeks ago. We were having a dinner party and we're making a homemade bavioli and the kids were messing around out the back. So I went out and told moss I come back in. They tried to make a joke me and we're carrying on at the window and I went to knock on the window, hit at once in me hand went straight through. A bit of glass went straight through my hand. And yeah, blood squirting everywhere like a horror movie. So obviously everybody's panicking. We'll call an ambulance, We'll go to hospital. I refused, we were going to dinner first, So I put my t shirt around it.
Speaker 3: Square, quite a little bit of blood in there for a bit of exercause.
Speaker 4: Everybody's going that you've got to go. You're turning what And we went to the hospital an air and a half later.
Speaker 3: And after you had that ravioli, after we.
Speaker 4: Had the ravioli. Three days later, I had surgery to sew back the muscle belly, but I did get to finish a raviolid.
Speaker 2: Banging on that window, Scott to put notice your you didn't put your finger, that you put your whole fist through it.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast