Speaker 1: The Driver's Show, powered by in a midsoon Nano Taylor to oil. Over a century of engineering excellence meets cutting edge nanoscale technology.
Speaker 2: Produced to live is here, by the way, Parvlay, I'm here today producing. We're just talking off air and we're talking about the Young Day. What do you call it? That was off air for a reason. Yeah, what do we call.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't know, but it's actually pronounced Tucson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the yun Day Tucson. So it hasn't come out yet. We're here, we're doing this. Pavlay is there, you're on the zoom. I can see your little collection of go karting trophies showing them up.
Speaker 4: Can I? Well, it's just given you. You you brought it up.
Speaker 2: Let me just pull one of these away, would you?
Speaker 4: God?
Speaker 2: Tubs what we do?
Speaker 5: I would say, it's a bit hard to read. Philip Island, December twenty twenty. First Place, Okay, and there is that a go cutting wheel?
Speaker 4: That's one over here?
Speaker 2: Oh what's that? What's that plastic?
Speaker 4: Another?
Speaker 2: First place? Okay, that's a that's he's holding up a go cutting trophy. Oh look, here we go. What's a bag of cocaine?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: That's a lovely shot of glass. It's a lovely piece of perspects. Okay about yeah, please don't. That's not a good angle for you tubs listen, I was going to say.
Speaker 4: And also not great for audio. No, but no one can see.
Speaker 2: It's been a bloody hot minute, hasn't it.
Speaker 4: Where have you been?
Speaker 2: Where have you been?
Speaker 4: Bitch?
Speaker 2: I want to firstly, I want to send our deepest apologies to our great sponsors in a midso making nano tailored oils. Sorry for the wait, guys. I wasn't actually going to mention this because I thought, fuck, here we go. This will be laid on me and Pavlo will never let me forget it. But your boy had cataract surgery.
Speaker 4: Oh lovely. It looked just like every other ninety year old.
Speaker 2: That's right. I didn't see that on the cars very well. Explains why I'm taking the blue pills at thirty nine.
Speaker 4: I don't get it, but I think I know what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sure, So that's kind of went on. That required a little bit of arrest and a few weeks off, and then you went. You went traveling. God, you waste some fucking money, like you really waste a lot of time and a lot of money, just piss farting around all over the world just looking at barely interesting cars.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm like Greta Thunberg. I care for the environment, but I fly everywhere on jets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's right. The similarities between you and a seventeen year old girl, You've probably got the same sized tits. So what have you been? What have you been up to?
Speaker 4: Well, before we talk about that, what just I'll show a little bit of interest. How do they do your eye thing? Like they've cut it or.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so things have been Oh my god, do you know what? I knew things were going downhill when I saw some of our reels and I was like, yeah, I gotta wonder why I'm having fucking glass new glasses every three months. And they looked properly like that man is sight impaired. And that probably explains why half of the cars I quite liked, because I could see them properly. So yeah, yeah, yeah. It involves everyone's like, oh, do you get lassic or something? Do you get Lassic made? Do you get lassick which is something to do with like laser eye surgery. It's basically the basic bitches get it, and you can pretty much see within that afternoon. This is they're cutting stuff out and they're sucking it up with a little vacuum and they're putting new stuff in. I basically got old man tit implants.
Speaker 4: But for me, eyes, wow, that's that's crazy. So can you actually see now?
Speaker 2: You can see? Yeah, I can see you pretty damn well. Yeah, wow, that's good.
Speaker 4: We won't talk about don't go near any mirrors, I think, just for the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So quickly fill me in. What's been going on with your life? I'll pretend I care. Yeah, I've just.
Speaker 4: Been What have I been doing? So?
Speaker 5: I went to the Middle East for a forward event to drive some raptors, and one of the journalists decided to drive one of the raptors on the roof in the sand dunes. So that was a short lived exercise for him. So that was that was fun?
Speaker 2: Was that one of your people? No?
Speaker 5: No, I know to slow down when I approach a giant june that has like no clear ending to it.
Speaker 4: Then what else do I do? After that? Oh my god, I've been I've been doing I don't actually know.
Speaker 2: Well you, yeah, you went to you went to the Middle East Africa. Yeah, you went to South Africa with the EV.
Speaker 4: Was the y.
Speaker 5: Yes, the JCU J seven shs. What a mouthful. So yeah, basically went.
Speaker 2: To Caridtown live just wiped him out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so went to Cape Town and drove twelve hundred k's in this It was like an economy challenge to see whether we could do the basic twelve hundred kilometers.
Speaker 4: With a full charge plus a sixty lead to take a fuel.
Speaker 5: And it was great until people started taking it a little too seriously and there were some numpties from some countries that basically because it was an international event that we're doing like sixty k's an hour on motorways and I'm like, well, that's just dumb.
Speaker 4: So we just went whatever, we'll just do to the speed limit.
Speaker 5: So we lost that, but we got there at the end and had to sit around and wait for everyone every single day because they were just going so slow.
Speaker 4: But anyway, the car itself is quite nice.
Speaker 5: So it's coming to Australia like very soon under fifty thousand dollars drive away.
Speaker 2: It's incredible.
Speaker 5: These things are so cheap like it is. I just don't understand how they make money. It's it's pretty pretty unreal.
Speaker 2: So these are kind of like the bougie version of the Cherry group, right, these are the if you're looking at, say, say a Cherry Emota five. For a little bit more cash, you could get the Jaku, which I've seen. They look really nice. They obviously haven't driven one, but they look great even even that's pre cataracts, by the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of like a weird one. They in South Africa.
Speaker 5: Cherry is the entry level, then a Moota is its own brand, and so is Jacu. So Emoto Jacu are kind of like their own separate thing, and then Cherry is the entry level, so it is like the sort of premium outfit. And yeah, look over there that the market is so interesting over there. So basically any car that isn't built in South Africa, because unlike Australia, they actually still have a car industry that builds things, any car that isn't built in South Africa has like a thirty or thirty five percent tariff on it. So over there, and a Mode of five is like a seventy thousand dollar car, which is crazy. So and it competes with like German cars it's such a strange, strange setup. So the car market over there is really expensive, beautiful place. Love Cape Town, love that sort of western cape. Spend some time in Johannesburg as well, so yeah, it's a pretty awesome country. So we'd love to go back there and do some more sight seeing and stuff like that that isn't work related.
Speaker 2: What do you think about the JQU I mean, twelve hundred k's is pretty bloody decent when you think about it, like, yeah, look for a fifty thousand dollars car too.
Speaker 4: It was good. I think.
Speaker 5: The only downside is it has an immense amount of power and talk, but it's front wheel drive, so it talk steers like unbelievably, so it be a bit of a handful. So yeah, it's it's one of those ones that's that's a bit on edge a lot of the time. But I think that's something they can improve with a bit of software tweaking. They're also doing. They have a Motor C nine, which is like a coupe style thing. The plug in hybrid version of that car is like a thousand meters of talk. It's a tri motor set up. It's a really cool thing. Looks fantastic as well. So I don't know if we're getting that in Australia. Hopefully we do, but that would that would do some serious damage to some sports cars in Australia, like it would be very fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Hey with the Raptors, I meant to ask you about this. They didn't really they didn't. You guys weren't driving like a facelift of one or anything like that. It was fairly standard.
Speaker 5: Yes, we drove Ranger Raptor, Bronco Raptor and F one fifty Raptor. I've actually just today and by the time this guy's live, it will have been released. Checked out the range of super Duty, So that is something that is that has come and that thing looks unreal like it's.
Speaker 4: Basically it's a raptified wide super Duty.
Speaker 5: Effectively, super Duty is the brand name they give vehicles in the States under the F series that are basically capable of doing crazy stuff. So Australia's super Duty will have forty five hundred kilo towing capacity forty five hundred kilo GVM eight thousand kilo gcm, like it is going to be an absolute whopper of a thing. So I think that it will. It'll do some serious damage to seventy Series. Have gone to town on fitting the entire range with all the safety equipment that fleets need. It'll be powered exclusively by V six diesel.
Speaker 4: So I love it.
Speaker 5: It looks absolutely unreal. I think they're going to sell a bucket load of them.
Speaker 2: Yeahs that got the Raptor engine in it too.
Speaker 5: No, so it'll just be V six diesel. And what I can do so you guys can see what it looks like. Actually, I don't know how I'm going to do that. You say, if I can share my screen just for your info?
Speaker 2: Shit? Yeah? Cool. So this is the Super Duty yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no facelift or anything for Ranger.
Speaker 5: And if you look at the timeline of when Super Duty is coming, it'll be twenty twenty six. And the car that we saw and that has been released is basically going to be the face of the car through twenty twenty six, So it means we probably won't see a facelift for Ranger until mid to late twenty six twenty seven, which is interesting.
Speaker 4: It's a weird strategy, but I guess it kind of makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, they're still selling well. So the super Duty we don't know pricing and we don't know when we can chuck orders down.
Speaker 4: Yet, so orders are good to go.
Speaker 5: Production they say will be in twenty twenty six. They haven't said exactly when, but this will this will be expensive. I think what they've said is the fleets they interviewed will basically buy something like a seventy series will then go and spend like fifteen twenty grand doing GVM upgrades. So what they're looking to do is say, hey, you can actually buy a complete product that's covered by warranty and it'll be ready to go in your fleet.
Speaker 4: You just chuck all your stuff on it and bops your uncle.
Speaker 5: So I think that they're going to have a slightly higher asking price and it'll be probably justified given what it's capable of doing front rear dif locks, like it is going to be a seriously chunky machine.
Speaker 2: I actually got female cataract implants put in and so now so.
Speaker 4: You identify as a deaf blind woman.
Speaker 2: I'm also going trans cultural, so I'm a proud black American death blond woman. So my old man gets his car stolen, but not in the traditional way. So a fairly new Merk. I won't say exactly which model it was. It was about twelve months old. He just really just bought it without test driving this thing. Then he started driving it, didn't like it, so he just kept it in his garage. He just he does this from time to time. But he's always loved Merks. He's always had a Merk. And anyway, so twelve months went by, he had this car in his garage, thought I'm just gonna sell it. Put it on the market for eighty thousand. These guys came around and one guy stayed in the car, and the other guy came around, test drove it, said yeap, I'll buy it, had a bit of a look around and bought the car for eighty thousand. Dad looked in his account on the phone, and the money on his phone on his phone, on Dad's phone, and it went in through combank. It went into his Combank cap it wasn't pending, it had cleared. It was there and the guy drove off with the with the car.
Speaker 5: Solomn one more question. So when he checked his phone, was that on the day or was that at a later date?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that was the day Dad handed the keys over because the money was cleared, it was immediate, it was in there. He had something on his phone to say, hey, you're eighty thousand dollars overdrawn. He's like what, so then he goes yeah. So this time he goes to his computer and he checks, he checks his bank details. There eighty thousand out. So he calls the bank and he's like, what's going on? Like his's worry was this guy has taken not only the eighty thousand he paid, but eighty thousand dollars out of his account. So not the case. So basically, this guy had put the money in somehow had managed to kind of go ooh, so I made a mistake or whatever and withdrew the cash later on or the money wasn't good. It bounced. So even though in his app it said it was clear on the computer, it was a different story. Combank never picked up on it. And that was that. But here's where it gets just full on. Immediately when he found out that the car had gone missing, obviously, he called our Victoria police detectives came around. In an instant. He called Mercedes Benz because these cars have a tracking system inside them. Right, so soon as the detectives found out that this was a Mercedes and a fairly new one.
Speaker 4: They just they decided to care.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They they immediately just kind of sighed and said, this is going to be some work. They're traditionally not great to deal with. So everyone calls Mercedes to find out where this car is. Can you track it and start tracking the car? Please find out what's going on. Even these detectives from Victoria Police, even with their authority, couldn't get Mercedes Benz to turn this GPS system on, couldn't put the tracking department on. Emails were sent back and forth. Phone calls were sent back and forth direct from these detectives to Mercedes. My parents there, Everyone's like, yes, permission, please just turn it on. This should have been a five in a job. This should have been an immediate thing. Two days later, they still wouldn't turn the thing on. Victoria Police are just pulling their hair out with this. Mercedes Benz were asking for emails, and I've seen the emails and by the way, I may publish them because they are pathetic and they're so far off where they should be with this. There were automated replies in these emails. They were cut and pace jobs. They were just getting bounced around. It was absolute circus. So that's two days, one week goes past, Mercedes Benz still haven't switched on the tracking system.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And I'm looking at these emails too, by the way, from the detectives saying, as a matter of priority, turn this thing on. It needs to go on. We're trying to track this car. Mercedes Benz did everything they could to not cooperate. Two weeks, two weeks go past, this thing still wasn't on. And you're also at this point you're also dealing with insurance companies because you can't find the car, and because Mercedes Benz aren't coming to the party with the tracking system. It's kind of like, is this fraud? Is this theft? The police treated this as a robbery the entire time, so there was that. But eventually they got onto somebody who said, we can turn this GPS on right now, you just need to download the app.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, so serious.
Speaker 2: So then dad, who by the way, my dad is seventy five years old. He's not good with this sort of stuff and neither should he have to be right, He's like, oh god, all right, fine, I'll download this app, download this app. And then they're like, oh no, you have to pay for it, you have to pay a membership. He's fine, I'll pay the thirty five bucks. Then oh my god, pays for that. Everything's good to go. This is now by a separate it's by a tracking company. It's by an app slash tracking company that works for Mercedes Benz. I think they called Gauge three sixty, right. So Dad's on the phone to this woman from Gauge three sixty, from the Gauge three sixty app, and she said, yeah, look. This was twenty four hours later. Yeah, look, still can't get Oh wait, yeah, it looks like you wouldn't believe it. It's actually pinging. We've found the car. Do you know where the car was? Where the car the GPS tracker was going off at the Mercedes Benz dealership he bought it from.
Speaker 5: What hmmm.
Speaker 2: What Yeah. So to this to this day as we record this, the car still hasn't been found. The detectives don't know if it's at that dealership. We don't know if Mercedes put the tracking system in the car. We don't know if it's where it is. It could be in pieces in a shipping container. It's probably in another country. It could be out of wreckers, who knows. But as the detective said, Mercedes Benz have failed to cooperate in every single way and it's to the point where they've obstructed the course of justice. They're negligent and it's just an absolute joke. It is an absolute joke Mercedes Benz have.
Speaker 4: It is insane have let.
Speaker 2: Them down in such a big way and no apology, absolutely nothing. It's incredible. I tried to wring them myself and it was just it was a brick wall. It was incredible. It was absolutely incredible.
Speaker 5: So's that's insane because what happens is when you buy one of these cars, it comes with the app that you activate through Mercedes Me or whatever the new system is, and basically it's ready to go straight away.
Speaker 4: You can't if you don't have the car.
Speaker 5: You can't activate the app because it has to send like a confirmation code to the car. So this whatever this other thing is, it must be some third party device that they fit to these cars or something. It's that is so bizarre. So has anyone gone to that dealership to go, hey, is this car here?
Speaker 2: At this exact moment in time, we don't know where the car is. Luckily Dad has kind of got his money back from insurance and he's bought another car, not a Mercedes. The guy is seventy five years old. He's going through cancer treatment, not that that should matter, but he shouldn't have to deal with the absolute shit storm that has come out with this. It's it's so just unfairmed lost.
Speaker 4: I'm lost for words. That is insane.
Speaker 5: So the guys that took the car, did he take their license details or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe so. They just are probably fake they were Yeah, that exactly. They think it was a fake license. In fact, they got there in a stolen car. The car remained at the front of our house.
Speaker 4: Ah, oh my god.
Speaker 5: I I just don't have any words. That is insane. That is incredible. You could imagine. I'm a member of the Stolen Cars Facebook pages for all this content we've been doing. There are so many Mercedes Benzes that are getting stolen, so there must be some ability for these thieves to take the cars or remotely disable.
Speaker 4: These tracking systems.
Speaker 5: It's alarming how many cars are getting stolen at the moment by what looked to be not very smart people. So if anyone can do it, you then wonder the actual criminals, Like these guys probably sound like they're a bit more sophisticated.
Speaker 4: It just shows you how much of this would be going on that isn't really reported.
Speaker 2: And the detective said, like, straight up, this is you know, the amount of time that they had to spend on the phone and write emails is such a waste of their time and resources. When people like these car companies like Mercedes Benz just wouldn't cooperate, that is crazy.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what to say. That's insane.
Speaker 2: Anything fun that you've while we're chowing down on pizza, anything fun that you've driven lately, anything that's kind of tickled your ridiculously small Croatian pickle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to drove the new M five, Yeah, yeah, that was, you know what. I spent quite a bit of time in it the first five days or so. I really disliked it, mainly because I drove it in and around town and all that sort of stuff, and the whole thing made no sense to me. They've increased the mass by like five hundred kilos. It's slower than the old one, it's got a plug in hybrid system for what reason is beyond me, So instead of it actually sounding like anything, the electric thing just runs the whole time. You have to manually switch the engine on to get it to do anything. And it's like, well, I would just buy a fast electric car if I wanted a fast electric I don't need this thing.
Speaker 4: It's like a bit of both.
Speaker 5: So my entire thought on it changed though, because we went to do the filming at the proving ground and when you actually have it set up in its sport mode, it is one of the fastest cars I've ever driven.
Speaker 4: Like it is phenomenally quick, one thousand meters.
Speaker 5: Of talk, and it hides its mass really well, like it weighs well over too.
Speaker 4: I think it's like two and a half tons or something.
Speaker 5: It is an enormous vehicle, but it doesn't feel that heavy behind the wheel, and it is so fast, but it just misses that raw emotion. It doesn't have a very loud exhaust. From that point of view, it wasn't great. But yeah, once you are up it is, it is moving incredibly and then you can switch it to tool drive mode as well, where you're basically getting all thousand meters to the rear wheels, which I think is pretty incredible. So yeah, I kind of went away with it thinking, you know, as a daily I don't love it, but you can get around the annoying stuff by just forcing it to be on every time you start it.
Speaker 4: But you know, I'm in two minds.
Speaker 5: You would just go buy a secondhand previous generation M five that's cheaper and faster and insert every other reason here.
Speaker 2: Basically, for me, BMW's have always had that dinosaur reputation like you can't really properly engage and fill the road until you get over one hundred k's in those things. I do wonder what the point of having this in a hybrid is. I mean, realistically, would that be a like an admission? Are they trying to meet admissions targets with their flight it's the.
Speaker 5: Woe idiots in Europe that are forcing this kind of stuff, And it's actually remarkable that BMW's M engineers have been able to create such a sort of visceral fire breathing machine out of this, because it has every right to be a complete dud, but that they've done a good job with it on a limit handling point of view, So I think that from that point of view, it's great, but that you know, these stupid laws are just forcing manufacturers just make these stupid decisions. And the issue that I've got is that surely with these laws, they don't sell millions of M five's, So why can't you just have a model line of sports cars that has just a V eight engine without all the plug in hybrid malarkey, Like, why can that just not be a thing. Why do we have to just hybridize everything and electrify at all? There was nothing wrong with the way that it was.
Speaker 2: So I think these manufacturers have their hands tied behind their backs, you know what I mean, Like they've they've kind of got to do it. They're under the they're under the constraints of meeting laws, so well the spinning unless they were smart about their fleet, like you said, I mean, they could have eighty percent of their fleet hybrid or EV and then ten percent ice, twenty percent ice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So look, I think there could be a change that in Australia.
Speaker 5: So basically, the ENVEZ as it stands in Australia, the New Vehicle Efficiency Standard is a big old pilot poop that will end up costing consumers more for both new cars and also for all the services that are being delivered to you by people who have to buy these cars that are now more expensive. The Liberal Party has just come out and said that, Well, they haven't come out and said this, but there is rumor that they will basically do a U turn on Envez if they're elected, and it'll mean that we can throw out this nonsense stuff that they've got in place at the moment that sees some of Australia's most popular cars already being slugged with penalties which will end up costing everybody more when it comes to buying new cars. It's far too soon for Australia and there just has not been enough time for manufacturers to actually develop technology that suits these crazy mandates for cars that simply do not fit the requirements of what they're asking of.
Speaker 2: Now. I can see Peter Dutton ripping down to Geelong in a cop car. There, cop car pulling out the front of your house and be like, hey, marek you little Pissa, jump on in baby. Why did I make Peter? Why don't I make Peter Dutton sound like Trevor Long.
Speaker 4: He's just carrying like a washing machine that he's reviewing that week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Trevor Long in politics. Can you imagine Trevor Long in politics? Oh what do you mean? Diversity? I'm all for the LGHT TV plus sixty one in Yeah, I'll carry the rainbow flag for the LGHD TV plus, thanks very much.
Speaker 5: But anyway, so look, hopefully the right party wins and we can get rid of this nonsense stuff.
Speaker 2: Speaking of fun little drives, I drove a Landrover Defender Sodona Reddy dish down. No, it did not break down. They're stunning. God, they are fucking stunning.
Speaker 4: Like they are. They're very nice.
Speaker 2: Driving one of these is like the first time you get into business class. Remember that? Can you remember that?
Speaker 4: Like that?
Speaker 2: Every first time? I know it's been many business class troops for you.
Speaker 4: But they all feel the same to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Can you remember that first time you went from the back of the plane, which was probably when you were migrating to the very when you got off the little crate where all the chickens and the cows and stuff were, and all that sort of stuff, and someone feeding you like a bowl of bush, and you that first time you got to the front of the plane. That is what this car feels like, but the.
Speaker 4: Plane got to the destination.
Speaker 5: I've just heard some absolute horror stories with land Driver and rain Driver products to the point where I just cannot recommend them to anyone if you want to own them outside of the warranty period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think they're probably the most financially sensible decision, but you don't buy ironically the Defender.
Speaker 5: Actually, it's its value really well, so well it has up until recently because they still had a lot of production delays on them. But I don't know, they just still have not managed to iron out electrical issues, engine problems. I just hear way too many stories from people who get in touch with problems that they have and I don't know, first as good as they are, you look at the purpose of a Defender to go to the middle of nowhere, to towse something to the middle of nowhere. There is no way I'd take one of those to the middle of nowhere, Like I would just be too concerned about it not coming back.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm overreacting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you are your little pussy bitch. This is this is I loved it so Dona red side storage box, you know, just everything in it. And had to me how much was it?
Speaker 4: And don't say any more than one hundred and ten thousand, twenty.
Speaker 2: Two inch gloss black wheels. I'll keep going. The suede headliner. Do we talk about the do we talk about the windsor leather in this car?
Speaker 4: Yeah? All right, go and hit me how much?
Speaker 2: Did I talk about the Meridian sound system?
Speaker 4: This is sounding very expensive?
Speaker 2: I did say it's got the body colored spare wheel cover. I mean, that is that's what you want. That's primo. Yeah, that's what you're paying for. Really, they offered me a deal. Well, this is the thing they were talking about around about the one hundred and ninety thousand, which I was like, how much?
Speaker 4: But get far?
Speaker 2: Yeah, not a chance, but I think these are higher.
Speaker 4: No, which engine is it?
Speaker 5: The V eight?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay that's super charged V eight Then okay, fair enough, but that's no. I would just not be buying that.
Speaker 2: But anyway, did I mention the blacked out wheel archers?
Speaker 4: You've worked with it a Mitsu before at their launch event? Right?
Speaker 2: I did? I did, mate. I went to their launch event. I am seated. Actually, your boy, m seed. It hosted the whole thing, very nice, delicious Japanese restaurant. But I'm really impressed. I'm really impressed. These guys have been leaders in oil innovation for over a century. You know, they're the ones trusted by Toyota and Mazda to deliver precision engineered oils straight from the factory, and now now they are bringing the same expertise to ossie drivers. What stood out to you the most, well, a lot did, actually, Pavlo, thank you for asking that non prompted question, and it was their nanotailored oil, which is why we're here, because this stuff is next level. And now they don't just make generic who ha products. No, no, not these guys. Every formula is designed with purpose. For example, let me tell you something. The IFG three, Oh, this stuff is perfect for city driving. This is what you want for city driving. This is your stop start traffic, the stuff that puts stress on your engine. But then there's the IFG seven This is the stuff for your beast. Pavlay the high performance vehicles seven layers of protection. Seven I sound a bit New Zealand siven layers of protection. Anyway, they've got no cleansing tech. It stops oil breakdown and it even just sorts it in the harshest conditions. So, if you're driving a Japanese car, the IFG five, oh, that stuff is build for precision engineered engines. It's offering five layers of protection to keep your engine clean and running smoothly.
Speaker 4: So that sounds like a lot of attention to detail.
Speaker 2: Oh so much detail, so much I nearly forgot it all. But the I OFG seven isn't just oil. Just know that, because it's like giving your engine a custom suit of armor, like a little massage as well. It doesn't just protect your engine, it optimizes performance. If you're into keeping your car in its absolute best nick possible, this is the oil you want.
Speaker 4: And now it's easy to get too.
Speaker 2: It is very easy. Are you ready for the longest website I've ever had to read? Out?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 2: We go au dot in AMTSU slash no no slash tailored slashoil dot com. I said it emits you. I said, guys, don't give me that. Let's just tell them that if they search out it AMIDSU Australia on the Googles, they'll find where they're going. You know what I'm saying. They'll ship it straight to or no fast, top tier oil wherever you are.
Speaker 4: OK.
Speaker 5: If it's good enough for manufacturers like Toyota and Mazda, that it sounds.
Speaker 4: Good enough for me.
Speaker 2: Hmmmm exactly. You know, with it, AMIDSU, you're getting oil that's designed to handle whatever you throw at it. They've been trusted for the best part of over one hundred years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look it, Amitsu taking you beyond engine protection to real driving excitement.
Speaker 2: I think I could read that better. You ready it, Omitsu taking you beyond engine protection to real driving excitement? Was that good?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That'll do.
Speaker 2: Hey, mg Z has hybrid plus, brand new shape, brand new kind of bits and pieces, and I've been driving it for a long time. It's my it's my long termer. As they say in the it's good. It's actually really good. I started this as a bit of a family run about just doing the normal things, getting to work, picking the kid up, all that sort of stuff, as a as a run around jesuits. It works great. I will say. The biggest plus in this entire car is the fuel consumption. As Paul takes out his phone and couldn't care less.
Speaker 4: I'd say the big just googling something.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah yourself. Yeah yeah, So I will say the big plus in this is the is the fuel consumption. I know it's a hybrid and I should expect it, but Jesus, it's been so good. It's been really good. The white sort of faux leather. It feels a little bit fancy. It feels almost like a Janus but just a little less Korean. But yeah, it's been Goodish, I tell you what. I tell you one thing, like, it's got a lot of pluses with this car. Thirty three K drive away. What's that? Yeah, exactly, not just in the name, good pun, thirty three K drive away. It's economical, it's zippy, it's punchy, it's a bit like me, and it feels nice. But I tell you what. I did do a road trip in this, and I texted you about this, and I was like, what's the deal with the random revving at like eighty ninety k's It'll just start revving the four thousand like h and it's only got a tiny little one point five in it, and it's just like and then it'll stop. So look, that's apparently, according to the manufacturer. That's to charge the battery a little bit, the hybrid battery.
Speaker 5: But it's basically they had to roll out a fix because the issue they were having is it has quite explosive acceleration, like it is pretty quick for what it is. The problem is you can drain this battery quite fast and you end up in a situation where it doesn't have sufficient talque filled to get moving. So they engineered a fix for it where it will intermittently charge the battery and top it up so that you do have that available capacity. So it's a fix to the problem, but it ends up resulting in those random noises out of nowhere which are a little intrusive into the cabin.
Speaker 4: So I think there's probably a little bit of work that they can still do to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for me, it was a small car. It was a small minus to a lot of pluses. I think for a family run around, it's economical and yeah, it puts a family in a brand new car at thirty three k so far, I'm loving it.
Speaker 5: I think that's probably the thing for me, Like you cannot buy anything these days for under fifty grand, like that you could use in theory as a family car and new That is so to me. I think the pricing on these and the other sort of brands in this segment just show you how much value there is to be had. They now do I think a ten year warranty as well? Yeah, don't find new cars with a ten year warranty. I still find it hilarious that Porsche still only has a three year warranty. It's like, do you not believe in your cars at all? How can these guys do a ten you warranty? You guys do a three year warranties? Like, what is what am I missing you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It's crazy, but yeah, so far, so good, So far, so good. I was having a look at your your little website. I can't remember the name of it. I think it's on MySpace, but but I was having a look at all the cars coming out this year. There is we've still got what are we into April? We've got still a fair bit coming. Alpha Romeo. Well it's now called the Junior because it was it was originally called the Milana, but the people of Milano crack the shits, They're like no, no, no, with the not one is a ship named after us Aston Martin DBX looks nice.
Speaker 5: There are a lot of cars coming. There's heaps of Chinese cars most people have never heard of. Yeah, there's so many new brands, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Actually, lots about he is coming out, Jesus. Yeah, one, the Q two, the Q six e, tron A five, RS three update, Q five, Q five Sports Back. Oh you know what I'm excited for. Cadillac are bringing out the is it the lyric?
Speaker 5: I honestly don't understand what they're doing. It's like the cars we actually want have an engine and all they're doing is this electric stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No one that thinks of Cadillac thinks enormous electric suv. They think Escalade or cts. Yeah, none of which are coming. Like why would you not launch the Escalade? That would be unreal, just some electric thing.
Speaker 2: And also in Australia, people don't get that Cadillac over in the US is kind of like a real premium car too, Like it's what the Kardashians geting around him is all right, that's correct. The last time I was there, and that's what you were there? Yeah you got picktures that show?
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure you did.
Speaker 5: Jeez.
Speaker 2: Wow, if that's the case. How the mightier faller I like to diversify. Yeah, she found me on the street. I had a tin can and I was I was selling pens outside the I g A. She s there's a lot of Tigos coming out this year, isn't there. Yeah, a lot of TI guys.
Speaker 4: Hey, fun one for you.
Speaker 5: So after the last by D CONTROVERSI we have the car back again, the by D shark. I was trying to call you today in the Apple Car play stockworking I didn't actually make any calls.
Speaker 2: That doesn't sound like a shark to me. We'll cut that bit out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So yeah, we we.
Speaker 5: Went and redid all the tests, so our hill climb, on our little hills and our trailer dine test.
Speaker 4: So yeah, watch this space.
Speaker 5: This car has all the production firmware, so as far as I can tell, it should have no excuse to not have made it up.
Speaker 2: This is car I was so excited for at one point, and even now jumping on the owners group on Facebook, which is massive. I think there's a lot of owners and I'm starting to see a lot of these on the road now, so they're really well and truly kind of integrating in there's a lot of owners that are just putting their hands up and going yeah, we yeah, it's not going to take a heell. Some guy posted, hey, check it out my cup. My shark can get up my driveway like go you yeah, yeay, little steps, baby steps, you're doing great.
Speaker 4: Funny, that's a.
Speaker 2: Shame because I look, I saw I saw one driving in Actually, as you know, they've got a bit of fantastic they look great on the road, They've got a real presence to them, and they it's kind of weird seeing them because obviously I was in them driving, but seeing them as somebody else, I guess looking out it's they've got a good stance about him, got a really good presence on the road. As a yeah, they look fantastic. As a throw about daily it's great. But I mean, surely you'd want to get this thing on the beach or something. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, I think people have had them on the beach, you know, with varying degrees of success. But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's just one of those things that I think they're going to have to go back to the drawing board and just fix some of the stuff that you know, has gone wrong with it, and then it should be quite a competent vehicle. But we've also just tested the Cannon Alpha plug in hybrid, which is just a completely different operation, Like it actually has a proper a drive line with an electric motor sandwiched in a much bigger battery and like, yeah, I don't know. You'll have to keep an eye out for the content when it goes live.
Speaker 2: Questions off the ground, what have we got there?
Speaker 3: The main one was what's Paul going to wear now that Rivers has closed Paul?
Speaker 4: Firstly, that's news to me. I didn't know Rivers had closed can Leaves.
Speaker 2: He's been propping up that joint for years.
Speaker 4: So I am wondering what I'm going to do with my frequent bio points. Secondly, not an issue.
Speaker 5: I have quite a comprehensive Rivers wardrobe at home that will last me through to at least another ten or fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Also, as I told that, as I told that person, yeah, I pre ordered Paul twenty of the famous eight pocket shirts. Oh that's that's a whole in triple extra large. Obviously he's not going to run out. What else you got a right one of them coming through?
Speaker 3: It says why do high end manufacturers not tell you how to release their E braks in emergency situations with BMW and brackets?
Speaker 4: Oh that's a good question.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, it's one of those funny ones where a lot of these cars will now just automatically apply these E breaks and they'll hide like the release somewhere completely out of sight and unless you actually go looking for it and know where it is, like, you're never going to be able to find it.
Speaker 4: But that is a really good point.
Speaker 5: And I'm actually thinking to some of the neuroelectric cars and stuff that have electronic shifters, Like I don't even know how you would change some of those cars out of gear, like if the battery goes flat, like it's to get it out of park. So yeah, I mean all of this stuff that's advanced, like a Tesla with the Model three with the rooftop gearshift.
Speaker 4: Thing, but do you get that into drive or into neutral?
Speaker 2: Well, there's only one way to find out. Let's break down and past it.
Speaker 3: The other question was canon alpha or a bid, which we kind of skimmed on.
Speaker 2: We have to wait for Watch this Space.
Speaker 4: Yes, watch Watch this Space.
Speaker 3: Last one, but who owns the proving ground now?
Speaker 5: Still VinFast, the Vietnamese manufacturer. They still haven't sold it. It's still up for sale though, so if you want to pass a hat around.
Speaker 2: Fun fact, when I was in Vietnam, i stayed in the I noticed a lot of who.
Speaker 4: He was. One of the.
Speaker 2: Greatest is that he was grades cataracts, so spacious, so spacious, big boot.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: So when I was in Vietnam, I noticed a lot of vin Fasts at the resort I was staying at, and they looked quite cool. They had kind of scoops on the bondo and I was like, ah, vin Fast all right, And one of the security guards was just chatting to me about it, and he's like, yeah, they were really fast, blah blah blah blah blah. And he said, the owner of vin Fast is the guy who owns this resort, and he goes, you'll probably stacey quite a bit. It's his little l little hideaway. You'll probably see him rolling around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he is the I think the wealthiest guy in in Vietnam.
Speaker 5: But they actually bought X five and five series platforms and put LS three engines in them. It was just these really weird little setup. So yeah, they still ow the proven going so fun story. They were actually filming a movie there a couple of weeks ago, so.
Speaker 4: They had all it was my movie, it was my uporn channel, and yeah it was very short. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I was entering in the short film Cans Film Festival and they wouldn't accept films under two minutes. I'm like, well that session I was a bit of a slow coach, but all right, we should end. Let's go, let's get out of here. I've got pizza, deway Paul's got some.
Speaker 4: Clothes to pick, trophies to shine.
Speaker 2: That's not a trophy, he's buffing.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for tuning in to the Driver's Show, proudly sponsored by a MIDSU Nano Taylor Oil experienced the power of precision and over one hundred years of engineering expertise. I want to know more, So it Amitsu Nano Taylor to Oil a you today