Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free I Heart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Rowena.
Speaker 2: You're live on Gold one oh four point three. My name is Christian. Yes, now I have called a couple of times. I think maybe you're worried it but your robo call or a scam?
Speaker 3: Yes, I did think. I did get a call this morning, and I did think it was a scam.
Speaker 1: That was that was me. Sorry, that's quite right, it's quite I totally understand.
Speaker 2: Now do you know why I'm calling you?
Speaker 3: No? I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe I should have led with that and you might have took the call.
Speaker 2: You've won the Royal Melbourne Hospital Home lottery grand price.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I have it? You have.
Speaker 2: I've been trying to tell you for the last hours that it's the big house, the five point three minion of the house that's yours.
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Very I've been trying for an hour.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get old of you. I'm sorry. I apologize.
Speaker 1: It's all right, it's all right, you're the winner.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that. I know, great, that fantastic we are. We are very hard working farmers that we've been working hard.
Speaker 1: For thirty eight years.
Speaker 3: We've just we've just had our thirty eight wedding anniversar.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, thank you, And we have worked very hard like a lot of people do all our lives.
Speaker 1: But farming is hard, hard life. That's really hard it is.
Speaker 3: And we've actually brought our son back into our farming business, so you can imagine that it is a struggle. So that's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Come on, I'm so happy that we're so happy that you're happy to take my call and that you trust me now, but also that you're the winners.
Speaker 1: What a great source do you? Mummy? Ask him where I then new farmers? Where are you?
Speaker 3: We're up near oneo or find Yeah, right, I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: I know, I know it's a lot of process. So just roremoney, what isn't it is beautiful? It is the grand price.
Speaker 2: So it's a five point three million dollar, beautiful home, fully furnished in Camberwell.
Speaker 3: I can't believe this, so I really can't. But yeah, it's not a scam.
Speaker 2: You sure, I promise you, you really have won it. Yeah, I wouldn't do that to you. You also win fifty thousand dollars in gold. Oh really, yeah, Now, the farmers love finding gold. It's the gold that you really want. It's incredible news. I'm so happy for you and your family as well.
Speaker 3: Oh look, thank you, and thank you very very much. And I honestly can't I can't believe it. I only bought one ticket, you're kidding. I bought one ticket.
Speaker 1: Where did you get it from?
Speaker 2: Because you must be in the middle of a nowhere if you're farmers, it only.
Speaker 3: Takes one ticket. We're in Victoria's high country, so I'm not sure if you know that area or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're you're you're hours away from us, then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're ours right, we're actually, interestingly enough where we've left home and we're on our way to our son's wedding.
Speaker 1: You've got to be kidding me. This weekend, your son's getting married.
Speaker 3: It's tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Now, No wonder you're a bit stressful this morning. You haven't got time for like people bringing up that you don't.
Speaker 3: Know absolutely, because we've got a bit, you know, a long drive, and because we're farmers, you know you have to make sure all the animals are all right.
Speaker 2: It's a lot to worry about. And anytime the phone goes, one of the animals has got loose. And plus you've got to drive to you've got to drive that wedding in that tractor that you drive around, that's the car.
Speaker 3: No, we've got something a little bit faster than the tract of it.
Speaker 1: Well, you can get something a lot faster. Now your life is going to change.
Speaker 4: Oh but I think I'll have to not not tell them because I don't want to steal their thunder because it will be such a beautiful day for them, and I don't want to, you know, spoil that for them.
Speaker 2: But what you could do, you know that tabe but the wedding gifts, Maybe chuck a few gold bars?
Speaker 1: They go, Mom, Mom, what have you been up to? We found on the farm.
Speaker 3: We have we have put a lot, you know, anything that we've been able to make over the years, we've really put back into our children, out their education. And they are two great kids. So you know, I'm really happy to share any of this with them and my husband.
Speaker 1: A Rowena.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy. It took us quite quite a while to get to speak to you. I'm so glad that I finally managed to get to speak to you and we all heard your and your family's story. What amazing story as well, OSSI Farmer's doing it hard, but incredible that you're the winners. You really really deserve it.
Speaker 3: O Well, thank you very much, Thank you very appreciative.
Speaker 2: And listen enjoying your son's wedding this weekend. What a crazy couple of days for you and your family. Obviously you're going to tell your husband, don't you.
Speaker 3: He's in the car, he's listening. He's on space phone listening.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I definitely wouldn't be keeping that from him.
Speaker 1: He's probably buying brand new farm equipment right now.
Speaker 3: No on the accountant in the fad.
Speaker 1: Keep an eye roll over him yet. Can I get a Maserati tractor like Clarkson Farm?
Speaker 3: Oh no, we have a few nice weekends in Melbourne instead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, more than you could do you buy the hotel, buy the hotel you staying in Listen, Rowena, Congratulations, you're a really deserving winner, and I don't understand that from I think that everybody listening, everyone who wanted the house, I think would be glad that if it wasn't going to be then it was someone.
Speaker 3: Like you, and it was a beautiful home because I remember looking at it in the pamphlet thinking I don't have a ticket in every lottery, but when I can, I do. And I really like the house, so I thought, I'm definitely going to have money.
Speaker 1: You now own it.
Speaker 3: That's yours. No, I'm not. Christ said, that's not speaking.
Speaker 2: The party is the wedding. You can get to the house next week. Oh wow, Well, I hope you and your family really have a special day for your son's wedding.
Speaker 3: Thank you. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast