Speaker 1: High Heart Podcasts, he More Kiss Podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart app. Good Pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura Burn. Brady, your work, our windows down, that's my worries in the dust. Only good fabs are all down. I've done much now, but yeah, I know I'll big get and what I want. It don't matter where. This is the pickup. Hi, guys, you're listening to the Pickup with Britt Hockey and Laura Burn. Welcome back again, Welcome back to everyday. Yes, sis, Hey did you hear about? I mean, I feel like it's come to an end after a very long time. You know the bitcoin guy in the UK, I know what you're gonna say, all right, So if anyone hasn't heard this, there is a man in the UK who for twelve years has been searching for an SD card that he accidentally threw away. No, his partner threw it away, did she know what? Maybe we're reading different stories. So apparently he threw it away because he mistook it for an old USB like he didn't realize it was the one he needed to keep hold of anyway. It had eight thousand bitcoins on it, right he would have bought this back in the day when it costs absolutely nothing to buy, but that eight thousand bitcoins is now worth nine hundred and fifty million dollars. And he knows that that SD card is sitting somewhere in a tip in the UK. He knows the tip. He's been petitioning to the Council to government to try and allow him to like escavate the tip. He tried to buy the tip.
Speaker 2: I know it makes sense because imagine, if you bought it, you could spend however many years going through it.
Speaker 1: You could hire people to do it, but you could spend so.
Speaker 2: Much money trying to find it and never recoup that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Or imagine it's just been it's gone into the back of a garbage truck and it's been compressed and damaged, and then you find it after all those years and you can't access the stuff anyway.
Speaker 2: Imagine knowing you had nearly one billion dollars in your hands and it's so floating around.
Speaker 1: We all have regrets in life, don't we, And I reckon none of that. Well, everyone's always got like some little thing, not everyone whatever, Yeah, I got maybe one. There's something like if you had to really dig for like something that actually that probably wasn't a good idea at the time. We can all find something. No one's regret in life would ever surmount to this nine hundred and fifty million.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's given up.
Speaker 1: Is that the end of it? He's given Well, no, it's he has to put it to bed. They won't let him escavate the tip. It's done. He's walking away fro nine hundred fifty million dollars. I feel he's pain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but before that, you can win some therapy with us here.
Speaker 1: On our sun we get away for free.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, it's Thursday.
Speaker 2: We do this every week on our podcast Life Uncut podcast where we help you with your biggest problems. And today we have Tylia on the phone, who's having a bit of a problem with a lover or an ex lover. Should I say hi, Tyler, Hi, Tyler, Hey, what's their situation?
Speaker 4: So my ex kid's blocking me and unblocking me. The last time I was in Bali on a girl trip with my friends for my birthday. I've been blocked for about nine months this time, probably the longest dead and he unblocked me sent me a message we spoke for two days FaceTime said he missed me and worke up blocked again?
Speaker 1: Who did breaking up in this situation? He did, so he broke up with you, then he blocked you, and now he just unblocks you and reblocks you and messages you sporadically.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just sporadically.
Speaker 1: Oh nice?
Speaker 2: Is your question like, is this has this confused you now?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Does he like me? What do I do?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What's what? How's it made you feel? Yeah?
Speaker 4: When we first broke up, it was a lot of on and off blocking back and forth, and then it's just nine months, so it's.
Speaker 1: A long ridiculous you know, from.
Speaker 4: A bit because just now that he came out of nowhere, we spoke so nicely for two days, had a nice face time, and then I don't know what I did to get blocked together.
Speaker 1: Cayl you been doing. Yeah, you did nothing to get blocked, and you have done nothing to receive like the hot and cold back and forth. It is so much more of a reflection of where he's at, and that is like he's lonely, he wants attention. It sounds like it's a validation thing as well, maybe power, and he probably knew you were in Bali. He probably saw that you were having the time of your life, so then he felt a little bit jealous, thought he'd reach out, and then he was like, oh no, no, no, I'm good, and then blocked again him, Like you need to if he messages you, ignore him.
Speaker 2: Does he block you on like everything he blocked on Instagram?
Speaker 4: And find everything I'm blocked on Gmail.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry that I'm not laughing at you.
Speaker 1: I'm also not laughing with you. So okay, here's what you need to do.
Speaker 2: It's purely a control attention thing, Like he has had the control from day one, since he broke up with you. He controls if you have contact, what you can see, when you can see it. I would just block him so that the next time he goes to contact you, he literally can't and he will be the control's taken away from him. He'll have such a shock and like, you cannot waste another moment thinking about this idiot. And I hope no matter what happens in the future, you don't ever get back with him. Me too, Like, I don't know if that's brutal, but no, it's not brutal.
Speaker 1: I also think like I mean, even if he did turn around in a month's time and was like, I've changed my mind and I love you again and I want to be with you. Do you really want to be with someone who, after nine months has been he has been like hot and cold and blocking you and unblocking you and like treating you in a disposable way, Like I just I think that. I mean, I wouldn't be giving it another chance, and I wouldn't be giving him the opportunity to try and weasele his way back in again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely only poor thing.
Speaker 2: But you're better than that. I don't even have to know you to know you better than that.
Speaker 1: He's a weezy. We actually don't know this guy. He could actually be fine. I have one question, though, why do you reply? Why? Like? What is it about him when he unblocks you and messages you like? Why are your face timing? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: He just got one of those ones that has a bit of a hold over me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Everyone I've dated since just hasn't quite compared, unfortunately, And I think because we had quite a messy break up, hence the Gmail blocking. I kind of just want to read these good books again. I don't want him to think I'm the crazy one.
Speaker 1: No, don't. I mean I really hate this.
Speaker 2: I hate that you're still thinking about it and trying to get back in his You know.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm curious as to what you said on gmails to sell me a hundred messages. What abuse did you send him in like the absolute depths of crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming that he blocked you on Instagram and your phone, so then you emailed him correct, which is okay, because there's nothing worse than like really desperately wanting to get some closure and you're not being able to get it.
Speaker 1: So like, I'm on your side for that, but you need to let dead dogs lie.
Speaker 2: You need to move on. He's in your past and you need to find whatever else is out there for you. It's not going to come to you while you were hanging on to this.
Speaker 1: Twat. No, nothing is crossed, blocked, uncross your fingers and go on blocking. Thanks Tahlia. Matt might need to go into chemist ware house soon after the conversations we've been having in our.
Speaker 2: House around his rashes. Ill.
Speaker 1: No, he's fine. No, yesterday we were talking about the male contraceptive pill, which is coming out apparently at the end of next year early twenty twenty seven. Yeah, which is like fascinating, and you know, I know it's something that's been kind of in development for a really long time, but something that's been around for a very, very, very long time is va sectomies. And off the back of that chat that we had yesterday, I went home and spoke to my husband, Matt. I'm currently pregnant with my third child, and we're both very much on the same page that this is going to be our last baby, and so knowing that this is going to be our last one, I went home and had the conversation with Matt, my husband, and I was like, how do you feel about getting a vasectomy after this? And I genuinely thought that he would be like, yeah, one hundred percent, like I've already got it booked in, Like I actually thought he would have jumped through hoops to go and get it done. And I was surprised by his resistance to it. So he said, I don't know how I feel about that.
Speaker 2: They get this weird, like it's a weird feeling about their manhood being changed, like their masculinity.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, just because it's about their junk. It's weird. I don't know if that was it? He first, what else would it be? Well, that's why I said. I was like, well, do you want to have more kids? Like? Are we not calling it at three? And he was like, I don't know, not about the kids. Think He's like, I just feel weird about getting a vasectomy. And I was like, okay, well, look, unless you plan on having more children with your next wife, if it's not going to be with me, so I reckon, you should go and get one because I'm not going to go back on the pill. So then that feels like a real rodeo. If it's a real role of the nys. Maybe me see what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: When he says, no, I don't feel good about it, you didn't dig deeper.
Speaker 1: He made the cardinal sin as a man. Unfortunately, this is if you ever want to one oh one and what not to say to a woman. He said he didn't know if he wanted to have it because he just didn't quite understand the impact it would have on his body. But he kind of meant like on his hormones. And I was like, talk to me about that feeling. Tell me more and he's like, you know, like, what's it going to impact long term? And I was like, do you mean like on the pill for fifteen years and having my hormones turn into or being pregnant three times, or giving birth or menopause. I was like, which one of those? Do you our whole life as a woman. You could see as soon as I started listing, like I like rattle listed off all the things that you know, we have to do to obviously try and minimize the risk of getting pregnant, and you could just see he had this moment where he's like, I said the wrong thing.
Speaker 2: Maybe now maybe he doesn't have to. Maybe he can hold out. If you guys can just not do.
Speaker 1: The deed for eighteen months, Yeah, don't act that shocked. N he can do it one year anyway, for pregnant every time. We're actually to have a healthy sex life for a couple that's been together for eight years.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe he can just wait for the for the male contraceptive pill. And then it's like, because at the end of the day, it's an awkward one. You can ask him to do it, you can't force him, but then then it falls back onto you again.
Speaker 1: No, I can't force him. I mean, I've left him with the threat, and so it's not a loose threat. Like we seem to be a pretty fertile couple, and I'm like, I'm not going on the pill. So that you want to roll that risk and you want to run that rodeo, go for golf gold.
Speaker 2: But it's on you then too, you're running the risk.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe we're gonna have four kids.
Speaker 2: No, you're absolutely not.
Speaker 1: I'll take him to his appointment. I'll drive him my side. I think he will change his mind. Do you know what I need? I need other men who have had vasectomies to come forward and either tell him that it's going to be fine or like, has it been good? Is it liberating? Was it the best decision you've ever made? I think my dad had a sex Dudes don't talk about the thing is is women talk about stuff like we all share. We share everything, you know, we're chatterboxes. But like, I don't think men share that as much. And so I know one of Matt's really good friends has had of viseectomy, but apart from that, I don't really know many. I just love to hear you guys slide into the Dan, you know what, I send me a.
Speaker 2: Photo, I think more of them than they're having.
Speaker 1: Do not send the photos. You do not want them. I know they're solicited now we still don't want them. Grace our producer, she really wants to kind of feel through it all.
Speaker 2: No, gross, Laura, do you remember the supermodel in America, Christie Brinkley, Like she's seventy now, but she was like an el McPherson all the time.
Speaker 1: That you asked me so specifically, knowing that I just googled who she was in the break Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: Just generally more for the listeners, Laura, but thank you for pointing that out.
Speaker 1: I do know who she is now after looking at photos of her, and she is. She's seventy one and she's stunnying. She was like the Elmy person. She is absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 2: She is single, and she's going back into dipping her toes into the world of online dating.
Speaker 1: She's having a bit.
Speaker 2: Of trouble, but her trouble isn't something that I think many people experience when they go into the dating world.
Speaker 1: Have listened to this.
Speaker 3: I'm not on any kind of dating app like that, but my daughter's sailor she's so mischievous. She created she wanted to see what kind of guys and she put like for like an hour or something. She put me up there with her name, and she said, Mom, you're right not to go on it because the same guys that you know said yes to me saying yes to you.
Speaker 2: I couldn't help it. I couldn't help that interviewer. So Christy's seventy one and her daughter, Sailor is twenty seven, and Saylor just thought it would be funny to put her on and try and match with some people.
Speaker 1: But they were just matching with.
Speaker 2: The same candidates, their online candidate.
Speaker 1: I failed to see what the issue is here. It seems like Sailor doesn't want the competition. Well, the issue with the Sailor not for Christian. But like when she says, Mom, you shouldn't go on there, you're right. It's not the place. It sounds like sixty but exactly the place for her live your best life, Christie.
Speaker 2: That also means that there are interestingly like men on there that have got their age gap. Because you put your preferences in when you're online dating what you're looking for, they've got their age gap set obviously as low as I'm going to assume twenty six. If twenty seven has fallen in up to seventy two, that's a pretty cut large casting net.
Speaker 1: I would go so far as to say they don't have an age net if they're going to open, I don't think they've put in an age demographic at all. But you know, there's I mean, there's lots of people out there who love a cougar and excuse me, I'm a cougar. No, but like she's ridiculously good looking, like there is nothing about her. No, but you're not a cougar, you're thirty eight, thirty seven. Oh, cougar is just some woman that dates young guy. Doesn't have to be an age there.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: But I mean, like for someone who's early thirties to date a woman who's thirty eight, that's not a big deal. But for someone who's early thirties to date a woman who is seventy, that's a pretty massive gap. Like someone who could be their mum's literal age. She just looks so amazing that I feel like she can kind of cut a few corners and boycott, boycott the normal rules. I think most of us have to subscribe to.
Speaker 2: Different But you and I have matched the same people online dating, like it happens.
Speaker 1: You're not my mom, That's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying. I was like, we've we've been there, We've we've doubled dinner. Yeah, we've been on dates with the same people only to find out afterwards. Yeah we intention I dated a guy for a little bit, discovered some issues there, and then Britt was like, I'm going on a date with this person. I was like, oh, if I don't do that, I still went on the date.
Speaker 2: You were like, I'll save it. See you want to do some research, you like, see if the issues are still there.
Speaker 1: What would you do though, if you were, you know, sharing dating apps, like your mum was in the dating scene and she was you looked at their Tinder and I know that this is kind of a different one because Saylor set it up for her mum, so like she also set up the age categories as well. But what would you do if you're both on a dating app and you discovered that you were matching with the same men? How would that make you feel? I'm quite quite altruistic, so I'd be like, get it, Mum. I feel like, go get it. I'll sacrifice them for you one hundred percent. I've got years ahead of me. God knows how long my mum would have if she was in the seventies. That's really kind, wouldn't you. I tap that mom? I was like, that's what i'd say.
Speaker 2: But my mom has been married for fifty years. She's not tapping anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, Look, I actually can't imagine my mum on a dating app, but like, never say never. Hey, weird things about all right? Well, on that note, let's get out of here. Seeing a guy