Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime, just like strip off at lunchtime.
Speaker 3: I have been getting quite good at air.
Speaker 4: No pizza, no whie for Chris.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three, so one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 4: Three Christian O'Connell's show. Come on in, Patsy, come on in, Jack.
Speaker 3: Could to see you guys.
Speaker 4: A little bit late this morning coming into work, first of all, was arranged in the kitchen. So when my wife wakes up on our twenty six wedding anniversary ninety eight to two thy and twenty four, look how far we've come? She had her card present, tea bag in the teacup, a plate with a knife on it, the butter ready, her marmalade, ready, some bread untoasted, ready in the toaster, ready to be depressed? Player player player player.
Speaker 3: And what did she leave you out overnight?
Speaker 4: A thing?
Speaker 3: Oh it must be when you get home today, I told.
Speaker 4: Her last sight Listen, I wanted to wake up and get angry, but I have got you something. She had that whole fake thing like this, Oh God, how big? Oh is it? To wear.
Speaker 5: Each other?
Speaker 4: And I'm like, this is not mad. There's no madness here. What is this whole performance we're getting out? It's like in any performance. What are we in Bridget? We've been watching too much Bridget. And then she went, just so you are just and then she said there she goes, obviously, because I thought we were going to stick to that, I went, you said that every year you have to have a gift, twenty six years. It's very significant. She goes, I have you manage to get your card?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: She said, I'm like, I was hoping to get my nails done today. She said, if there's time after night, I'll get you a car. I went, there's a seven eleven, I think across the Rocky Fair. Just get me. You can get me some pringles. It's one of the little ones, you know. I've got to be healthy. And they don't worry about the card. I'm very happy with. And then this morning I was approaching our radio station. I saw a young lad and I didn't think everything was right in his world. I actually thought he was in some distress. This is out on the street, This is out on the street here on Goodwood Street, here in Richmond, and he was looking up at the sky straightway, if you're fully clothed and it's like it was like half five and you're looking up looking for the moon and staring at the moon. I arrived in, I went back out to actually check he was okay, and I said, is everything all right? And he goes, yes, yes. I said, are you looking at the moon? Quite a question, saying someone at half of the morning, because if the answer is yes, you're like why because if in your astronomer you need some big ass telescope.
Speaker 3: Can't just eyeblin.
Speaker 4: I don't believe this is the center of all moon research. Goodwood Street, Richmond by for Palaco Building. And I said, yes, yes, yes, I am yes. And I said and what is it? Why are you looking at the moon? And ass He goes, I work. I swear that's what he said, worth wod I worked for the Carlin Jackie Oh Show. And I said that's not an answer. I said, is it a bit what you doing out here? He goes, Carl wants to know if the moon looks like it doesn't?
Speaker 3: And I I.
Speaker 4: Swear to God right and I went, I'm going to work all right, And he came in alongside me. I said, you and then I showed them I've got this. I said it by the way, I've got moona and he went, you've got to be doing no, no, no, I'm fascinated by the moon. And I went, let's see what it is again. It's ninety nine percent. He went, Can I take a photo that I can show it to Carl? He won't believe me, went, you're taking a photo of my am I helping out Carl's show this great solo to and so we'd love to see him in Melbourne sometimes. So Carl's got a photo for my phone of the moon at ninety nine percent. It's a full moony case you want to know it's a full moon tomorrow, okay.
Speaker 3: And what was Carl expecting we would have in Melbourne?
Speaker 4: I actually don't know. That's the I'm like, I don't know. Is he trying to move the moon? That's how powerful that show is, or shoot it out the sky here in Melbourne for a prank.
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connall show up all.
Speaker 4: Night Christian O'Connell's show. This is exciting. So the last couple of weeks, thousands of you said, please can you send us one of your beIN stickers. We want to join the rebel ben Army. We have no marketing. It is all going to the Carl and Jackie Oh Show. Not only are they fascinated by the moon we have here on planet Melbourne, they have an employee whose job it is to check the state and condition of our moon? Does he think we're on another planet? Not just another state where it's like, what is their moon? Look like? I need to die there? Who's going to actually whisper in my ear like a king? You know? If you want to bond with Melbourne, go how about that moon listener today? Up there? Huh? What is there? Ninety nine? Waxing or what my god? What a city. They've taken our marketing money. Now they're trying to take moon from us as well, the moon from our skies. So we have no marketing money. We work for the same company they're betting on. They're betting big, they're betting on Game Jay. They're not betting on the Christian O'Connell show. So we need your help. The only marketing we've got is these bin stickers that you're generously putting on your bins. But here's the thing. Thousands have gone out they're on your bins. The bins are down a Sadia house. They're not out on the curb, which is the forefront. Here's the battlefront. Were fighting them on the curb sides of Melbourne. So we need the bins out today to reward you for promoting the show where they belong, proudly out on the curves of Melbourne. Our producer Rio is taking to the roads. That's right, sing it Rio, my name.
Speaker 6: Is Rio and driving on the road.
Speaker 4: What to say? I would expect it like a bit more about you know, or win a prize.
Speaker 3: I'm very bashful.
Speaker 4: I don't want to sing about myself. No, no, no, you know rock sets. Okay, So you have spot prizes for the bins you see out the front of listeners homes.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's not quite the ten thousand dollars cash cock, but we do have a Beanies show beanies and tickets to the movies, gold Far tickets to the movies Village Cinema.
Speaker 4: Those are god prizes. Tickets to the movies. Car Right now, that guy who's a spy down here is now ringing carp. They've got Cinema's carl, they've got a moon and they've got cinemas. They've got a cinema. I think it's a drive through, all right, So we need you to go around the suburbs. Yep, you see a bin on the curb side. Then what happens?
Speaker 7: You got?
Speaker 4: You got? You're knock on the door.
Speaker 3: I don't put them.
Speaker 4: I'm knocking on the door. I thought I was just dropping them in their bins stinky ben today.
Speaker 3: I then the cabbage puts the movie tickets.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, like we did this, I'll knock on their door. You say, hey, bit more than they go, Hey, where win a winner? It's the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 3: Maybe you should sing your famous theme tune.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, no no, it's such strange. No no, no, So you go not no my name and I'm running on the roo. This one is a different version for winners. You go, my name is Rio, and I'm knocking at your door, sing along.
Speaker 7: My name is Rio, and I'm not in on your door.
Speaker 4: You're on in the Louis and it won't coss anymore. Isn't it great to have meetings about the show whilst we're doing the show. Oh, you appreciate how hard we work for the show. Whilst we're here doing the show. Not easy, it is it really is it? Ruck set? All right? So where are we going to send rio?
Speaker 3: I think we should look at the suburbs that are our biggest defenders at the moment where we're sending them most stickers out.
Speaker 4: Here's my prediction. Here's my prediction. By nine o'clock this morning, maximum three of these come on. There'll be more than spot test. Perhaps. Have you seen any just driving around?
Speaker 2: Actually there's heaps around where are be over? Yeah, there are. I get quite excited every time I say one, Jack.
Speaker 3: You've seen any I've seen two in the wild.
Speaker 4: I've seen one in the wild and it's someone who lives three doors down.
Speaker 3: Right, you think even with eight thousand stickers sent out.
Speaker 4: City of five million, yeah.
Speaker 3: Big city, that's a small, small percentage of actual households. No, no, no, it is eight thousand. Sounds like a lot.
Speaker 4: But let's yeah, what percentage is eight of five million?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: So the four point eight I think it is.
Speaker 3: There's two and a half million houses in Melbourne, So.
Speaker 4: These round numbers. So what percentage is eight of two and a half million? Point?
Speaker 3: How do you do a percentage? Again? So it means there's a there's a one in three hundred chance pretty good that you'll get to a house.
Speaker 4: Hey Siri, what percentage is eight? Now many? Sorry? See wait there? What does it on is your seryl? Hey Siri? What percentage is eight thousands or four point five million? Zero point one seven seven seven recurring percent? Okay, this ain't going to be good.
Speaker 3: Cover ground ground, take a book.
Speaker 4: You ain't going to be giving away many cinema tickets.
Speaker 3: You just got to be moving fast. I think it means that about everyone.
Speaker 4: Go real slow. I'd be creeping down the sides of people, say looking for those pins. It's slow. Be going quick. You ain't gonna see any zero point one percent.
Speaker 3: I mean for every hundred houses he goes by, you might get one. So you will cover a lot of ground. If I see one, Do I have to go into their house?
Speaker 4: Or we're not into the house. You're knock on the door. It's not it's not breaking and entering.
Speaker 3: Wake them up in their beds?
Speaker 4: All right? So where where are we strongest? Where should we go? First of all, where should send real?
Speaker 3: These are our top five suburbs at the moment. Frankston, Berrick, Where it be Clyde North Packenham.
Speaker 4: What's the closest to here? Away?
Speaker 3: They're all in the drive, especially at this Barrick is about five minutes.
Speaker 4: Here we go calling, now, where are you get that beIN out there? Get that Ben out there? Now? That Ben is now a winning prize. Okay, call us where should Rio come? Can he come to your suburb? Then you can win the front prize. Are we asking them to make it easier for us to find bins? Yes?
Speaker 6: Yes, your bins out and make them face the road so I can see them.
Speaker 4: Okay, the New day people.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell shut up all.
Speaker 4: Night Christian O'Connell's show. I was down about on Sunday and just off the Nepean Highways driving through Morabin had some traffic lights dingly bypass if you want to know, not that's any of your business. And I saw on the on the lamp post by the traffic lights at a John Ty angele was a last piece of cardboard. It hadn't written up there Morabin Kebab now open and a phone number, and I was like, wow, they really that is powerful marketing, you know, Morabin Kebab now open. But then now it'll be it all been sort of blocked out and colored in the letters. You know someone who works there, or they know someone has done this by hand. This is by hand, and the the N and the O for now the inculd run out, which lends you to believe that they were doing it backwards, or because the W is fully colored in, but the O in the end jack is faded.
Speaker 3: Maybe they ran out of pin number one at N and O and then they got pin number two and started the W.
Speaker 4: That's what it was, probably more is and then the phone number very fady, all right.
Speaker 3: But also who is calling her head ahead?
Speaker 4: Like, listen, I've just I've just seen the advert. I don't want to miss out on this kebab right now at ten to two on a Sunday afternoon. Can I order a head and I'll swing by and pick it up. But anyway, as I'm looking at saying that they've done a good job here, they spent they spelled Morabin correctly because not many people know it's got two b's in there. So I know that obviously you guys know Melbourne and you know the suburbs, but do you really know how to spell your suburbs? Melbourne Suburbs spelling me Jack versus Patti Perats. You're up first, yep spell mardi ALICR eric.
Speaker 2: M O R d I A double l oc.
Speaker 3: Brilliant. I wouldn't been wal.
Speaker 4: I actually think Patty will smash this because she's doing.
Speaker 2: You should be a worry if I don't.
Speaker 4: Moral bark, moral bark?
Speaker 3: Is this Patty or patsy.
Speaker 2: Oh me M double O r A l morale b a hang on, No, you didn't give me enough time. M double O r A l b.
Speaker 4: A r T one more go.
Speaker 3: This is not how they do it on professional spelling pieces.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's one O M O.
Speaker 4: You were right with the double. Oh, but then it's another double.
Speaker 2: Oh double there's another double.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, M double O rum double O double O l b A R. Now I just told you what it is. I say all right. Nana wadding spell Nana wadding as in neighbors set in Nana wadding.
Speaker 2: In you in a w and hang on, no, no, nona in you.
Speaker 4: This is hard.
Speaker 2: You na Nana nana body, it's you n you n a w A d I n g Nana waddy.
Speaker 4: Jackie boy Let's spell murrambina murrambina m u r r E two moorgo spell murrambina.
Speaker 3: M u r r I m m u r r A can I grab it?
Speaker 4: Go for it?
Speaker 2: Introjection and bina M you double r u m b double e n.
Speaker 4: A wow that IPSI yeah, Jackie Boy spare Blair Gowery Blair Gowery b l a I r g r O w I A well done last on Jackie Boy merraybanong spell. That's a tough one.
Speaker 3: Marrabanong is m A r I b ma bong Yeah, buff, isn't it?
Speaker 4: B Why yeah, come on you can do ng yeah, well.
Speaker 1: Do team the Christian o'connall show, all.
Speaker 4: Night, Christian O'Connell's show. So we have no marketing money. The only marketing we have is you guys doing the marketing for us. We send you the stick as you put them on the binstar're turning them into binboards. All our marketing money has gone on to Carl and Jackie. Oh. We need you to strip back, defend the show. You've made the show, not defend him today to reward you for doing this. And there are almost like ten thousand stickers out across Melbourne on your beIN, so thank you very much for that. What we need to do though, is we've gotta have these bins out on the front of the curb side seven days a week promoting the shop. It's down the side of the house, only coming out once a week and the night before Binde. You can't have advertising campaign Nike, just do it. Didn't go out once a week, you know, like a Wednesday night for advertising down the Thursday, it's up there twenty four to seven. So to reward you if we're putting your bins out on the curb, size produce a Rio is on the roads this morning. If he sees your beIN out on the curb and it's got one of our show's stickers, he's gonna knock on your door.
Speaker 5: My days surreal and driving on.
Speaker 4: The right now on the roads of Melbourne is producer Rio Christian Melbourne.
Speaker 7: Get your bins out. We are on the road. We're scaring for bins. I haven't seen any. It's incredibly dark, but I haven't asked. Haven't seen any bins out yet in Richmond, but we're looking and we will find any. Bean stickers on bins and gives great prizes.
Speaker 4: Now, first of all, what are you traveling in yesterday when we were talking about this after the show. We have our own promotional vehicle, right eat the Golfing, But apparently that's only got two seats in it. I don't know what's in the back. I think Huggy lives in there. Is that, right? And then and then they said, well, what you can use is that it's a kiss suv, and we can't. The whole thing is about enemy away. We can't use to kiss. What are you actually in a truck?
Speaker 7: We're in the gold van and you're right, it's being sort of gutted from the inside, so there's just two seats here.
Speaker 5: It's had a very creek. The breaks are incredibly touchy. The lights are very dim. I don't spare it quite standard.
Speaker 4: If I'm seeing that pulling up in my suburb, I ain't going out to get cinema tickets. I'm knocking the doors.
Speaker 3: This squeeze. They're really squeezing every dollar out of this radio station, selling the seats in the back of the found.
Speaker 4: All right, Soria, where are you headed to? Where are you going to go stickers spotting and giving away prizes.
Speaker 7: We're just kind of headed east at the moment in the I'm not too confident about our navigational abilities because I'm from Sydney and don't drive in Melbourne. And in the car with me he's our video producer Que who's from rural New South Wales, and I think you see his first time in an actual.
Speaker 4: Louise heading out. Where are you actually going?
Speaker 8: You to?
Speaker 3: Ohs, you're going to get stuck in a roundabout somewhere. We won't be able to get you out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're just on that stream saw of loop. They've got a punt road back under Batman drive. Where are we going forever? We'll never get you out again.
Speaker 7: If you do see this and we look a little lost, please give us some directions. But we're heading vaguely east, so like we're aiming for Frankston Barrick kind.
Speaker 4: Of vibes, aren't they different areas? Frankston's like down in the Sack, down in the South.
Speaker 7: Franks. What's in the map?
Speaker 4: What a lovely day trip you've got anyway? Okay, so you're headed down that way? And then are you going to be going via the suburbs? You're not just going on like the Nepean Highway gunning it. You're going to be in yes, oh okay, it's not even like three wise men. There's two wise men.
Speaker 7: We're on we're highway bound.
Speaker 3: In suburban streets where people are putting it into.
Speaker 4: Right right, all right, okay, well this is we're looking at the freeways. That's where Carl and Jackie Oh's posters are. You're going to get off the freeways into the burbs. That's the battleground.
Speaker 7: Okay, well, we easily change. It's easily made. We can do that.
Speaker 4: Now. What I would suggest you do is put over when it's safe, get old country bumpkin right to get his uh straw out of his mouth. Get up Google Maps, and you can when you go to options, you can deselect freeways and tolls and it you through the sort of the minor roads.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, okay, we'll do that.
Speaker 4: Well, I would basically do is just weave your way around the suburbs. You know what's down here, what's down here?
Speaker 3: Truly, you don't even need a map because you could be going anywhere, so just go on a whim Hell.
Speaker 2: Are your nose?
Speaker 7: Okay, we'll do that.
Speaker 8: We'll we'll just see where wherever our heart goes, we will go.
Speaker 3: Where are you now?
Speaker 4: I don't know where I now think there's going to be another game. We need to send out some adults going after look after these two.
Speaker 3: Boys, search and rescue.
Speaker 4: We got to calls to go and find them. They're gonna have to get the air wing up in them and try and track you down. You don't actually know, guys. What I'm saying is is going very well today on the roads. The new game is where is Rio win a prize? If you've won a prize, In fact, if you see him right now, call us. So you're in the what is it the Gold suv?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're in the creepy gold there.
Speaker 4: If you see it. They don't know where they are. They lost these two about that out of town.
Speaker 1: The New Day people, the Christian O'Connell show up all night.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show, go on into Craig and Seaford. Christian, if you do this again next week, Yeah, you're right right. If maybe get some of the producer have a sense of direction to drive the creepy gold suv around. Christian Frankston, like you said, is in the South. I've even just checked Google Maps in my own city that I'm born and raised in, Berrick is out in the east. They said, we're driving to frankstin Berrick. They're too one taste one south. I've actually got no idea where they are. I'm starting to lose interest in the whole thing. I've got to be honest, all right. Late to the party the home for all your emails anything we talk about on the show, where you're catching up with those shows on the podcast. On the iHeart app you can pick it up and email us whenever you want. Late first, then your emails. Holly Lima, lovely name, Holly Lima. Yesterday on the show we were talking about abouts. He went out to get cheese from Aldi and then came back with a load of ski gear.
Speaker 3: Yes, this week book your ski trip Yet, no dommmy, you ever heard of that?
Speaker 4: He's smarmy. It's a fair question, to be honest. Have you heard the phrase or the gear? No idea?
Speaker 2: Last both of you get lost. Even if you go to the snow, don't You don't have to be on the ski lifts and going down going to get.
Speaker 4: A lot of ski gear. You have to be wondering.
Speaker 2: With walking to the bank.
Speaker 4: Christian, my husband went out to pick up sausages for lunch for the barbecue, came out with the TV brackets Aldi, do you reckon? Ow? It is the most commonplace where you go to get some basic groceries and you come back with some sort of consumer good. Uh Holly. Here's this one from Jodi Roberts. Christian. We were talking also this week about things she can't stand to touch. I can't stand to touch stubby holders. That's tough in this country. That is tough in this country, Jody.
Speaker 3: I actually like the feeling of it.
Speaker 4: Is it near?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love the fill of that, Christian. I can't stand to touch stubby holders, to fill of that kind of wet sue material. Oh my god, it's making my teeth hurt right now. She actually went to block caps with Oh my god, it's making my teeth hurt. Thinking about it makes me want to peel the skin off my ass. I also can't stand eating bread crust, same effect as the stubby holder. Oh my god, Jody Roberts, thank you very much, Christian. I want to get myself on my neighbors ink cartridges. Well, aren't you just the best neighbor in the world. Hey, just your friendly neighbor Chris here, I'm off to office works. You don't need any refills on that old brother printer in there, do you.
Speaker 3: It's one of the worst time.
Speaker 4: Yes, Christian. I went to get myself and my neighbor's ink count's Refield. Came back with two new printers and office works, one for each neighbor on South for fifteen dollars each. They were cheaper than Fields. That's from. Steve Katz went to my Kea to buy napkins, bought a couch. You know, I mean, it's a nightmare just getting out that place, isn't it that that maze you have to go through get out? It's never ending. Mike went to South through Christian to get a bag of salad. No on, are you got to get a bag of salad? Park up there wandering went to South there and get a back of salad. Came back having traded in my car for a brand new range robe folk. Michael I left the pub to buy cigarettes. Came back with seven VHS tapes, three pairs of sunglasses, and a box of donuts. Did you get that from the same guy? Kay went out to lunch one day and brought car, told them to haven't ready by five pm and I'll pick it up them. Kay, I'm guessing you live bayside. Those the demands the ladies of base, I'd have have this ruady by five. Janis went home, went for drive. When we first moved toward twenty twenty years ago and saw a nice block of land, we ended up buying it. Came back having owned a block of lamb. Thank you very much. These as always email addressing comes straight to me if you want to email me about anything you've heard on the show Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au, the Christian O'Connell Show All Night, Christian O'Connell's show, So out in the Burbs today. Rio has got instant prices for you for this cinema's gold class tickets, our brand new exclusive show merchandise to beanie hats. If you want a ten thousand is probably displaying our instickers, get them out the front of the house. Rio, are you in position?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 7: I am here. I am in Hampton at the moment we drive.
Speaker 4: Just came in from there. What's the point to go around there? I mean I could have left my own bit out. I took it in yesterday evening. I won some gold class tickets.
Speaker 7: We did a little scouting mission throughout Securita East Balaclava. Because it is there lots and lots of bins, hundreds, i'd say, Unfortunately, none with a stickers on them, not a single one. Yeah, with lots of cura. So maybe we're having some better like in hand than possibly. There's a few scattered bins, but again no bins with the Christian O'Connell show stickers on them.
Speaker 4: All right, so what you're in Hampton at the moment? Where exactly in Hampton are you?
Speaker 6: Have?
Speaker 4: You got Google Maps up? The reason why I'm speaking slowly to them because Rio's from Sydney, Q who also works on a show. He's some like way way out but eighty seven hours away in a country New South Wales. You've got two a couple of old for farm lads in a tractor and a John deer just driving around. You got no idea where they are.
Speaker 7: Christ necessually locked the doors because I think you're scared of city people. They're not too fast from Bluff Road.
Speaker 4: Oh I know where you are? Okay, Well, if you just go down the rud do you know which way the the bay is, because then you could go down into Sandy. That's a big sort of build up suburb there.
Speaker 7: So okay, another suburb.
Speaker 4: Get your kit birds out. It's like a school trip. Draw the biggest building you can see.
Speaker 3: Maybe even the bay will skared.
Speaker 4: Actually, you are right, a large body of water like that. It's a geography field trip study the beach reclamation. So you move?
Speaker 3: Are you driving now?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: We just pulled over.
Speaker 4: It's just bloody hopeless. Why didn't you call Sam match yesterday? How do you do it? You know he's always moving, he's kinetic, or you can hope for right now?
Speaker 3: Is that the person whose house you're out the front of puts their bins out while we're going to wait for the next seven days?
Speaker 7: Were actually pretty peckish if you did any knights like bacon and then rolls around the area, Christian, I do, I do?
Speaker 4: Actually, all right, so you've got this is just ridiculous. But now just directing them around.
Speaker 3: I deserve breakfast when they haven't done anything yet.
Speaker 4: I listen, I'm wired now about the blood sugar getting low. Their executive function very well, start to sound like a dad. Have you eaten. Have you hydrated today? Have a glass of water if you were so. Listen, get the get Google Maps up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, go on.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you're on bluff Road. M hm. You want to be come out of it. You know, you can like get your little thumb and form for expand out and you'll be able to see the bay.
Speaker 7: Yep, I can see the bay.
Speaker 4: Drive a long bluff road in the direction of the bay on the right. You're very probably about a mintal tierwave from there's a parade of light shops. We can get some food for yourself. Head to the bay and then you're going to hit Beach Road. Don't go any further. You're in the bay, take a sharp left on Beach Road, head up to Sandy in all the suburbs around there, and just snake you way around the suburbs. You'll hit Bomaris and black rock all around there.
Speaker 7: Okay, we've got that down. We'll do that.
Speaker 4: Okay, So so far in an hour, they've seen nothing. It's going very well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 4: Podcast Christian O'Connell's show or.
Speaker 7: Course.
Speaker 4: All right, we're doing our age Z of school. Each week we pick a letter of the alphabet, and we ask you your connections with the letter this week see and your school days nine four one four one oh four three what is the letter? See to you in school?
Speaker 2: Pats You know what I was thinking yesterday. Clydesdale when my mum went to school. So she was one of eight girls, and they had this old retired Clydesdale horse off their farm.
Speaker 4: Clydesdale horse is right. People were not famili where they're.
Speaker 2: Huge, massive, huge, big fluffy feet.
Speaker 4: Big strong old yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the light the work horses anyway, that's.
Speaker 4: Sir Paul plows basically that yeah.
Speaker 2: Part used to use them on the farm. So when they were too old to work, they were kept as pets.
Speaker 4: And so the girls a bloody big what are you clystyle.
Speaker 2: Take it down the dog path, running off the lead, and they used to ride him to school. Four of the girls would jump on the back and he'd just sort of hang around school through through the school day and he'd munch on the grass and the oval keep the grass.
Speaker 4: We hear about Patsy's Lucy Goosey's school days. It's the creek, yes, thirty at the bottom of the school and now just a random massive horse just wandering around. Who was there like suv to get them to That was the bus, Yes, that was a Mercedes Gla to get them to school. So what with no saddle, they would get on back.
Speaker 2: They just jump on him bare back and he was really calm and passive and they just he'd nowhere to go that just three or four of them, yeah, four of the girls, and they just tap him on the bottom and off he'd go down the road to the school and.
Speaker 4: The dirt track. The letter see for and the eighties going to school is about the school computer. It was when they were very massive, and it was just each school just had one, right, and there was only one teacher. You did have like an ID department in the eighties that hadn't yet been invented. We didn't know what big part of our lives was income. She had one loan school computer, right, and it was one teacher who knew a little bit about it, but it was mainly a geography teacher, and they just knew the basic things. Do you remember, like the basic commands you'd have to like ten go to and then twenty go to all to get it to sort of print something off on that dot do you remember the old We had one of those, and remember there was not one person knew the password and to be like written down on a piece of paper and make sure that guys, make sure you don't lose the password and give it back to me at the end of the lesson as well. What kind of computers because peracks. When I went to school in the eighties, so we just had one loan. In the UK, it was called a BBC micro computer.
Speaker 3: We had two computers at primary school and then by the time I got to high school there was enough for a student. All I really remember doing on it is a typing exercise. They had this piece of plastic that went over the top of your hand so that you couldn't see the keyboard and you had to do it by type by memory, which is pointless because by the time we all got phones and wanted to use the keyboard, no one needed to have that skill because we all developed it naturally. Anyway.
Speaker 4: The other sea was just how bad careers advice was at school all right, I mean just hopeless. I actually think there are a whole generation of eighties kids who had dreams to go and you know, maybe do something that was in their heart, and we're told you are sloking thick. You need to pick up a plow. That Clyde Stale's retired. How about you pick up that plow now. But I'd like to be an author. I'm afraid not. You don't know about maths. Our careers teacher who we cared about. It was also the maths teacher, so alred he cared was about. I remember saying I'd like to be on the radio. He went, not with these maths grades. I remember thinking, I don't think i've heard I do you need to know about? Well?
Speaker 3: You are always late for the.
Speaker 4: Mister Topping was right.
Speaker 3: I'm going to tell you a story about my careers advice that you're going to think is a lie. It's that bad for work experience. We had to go to her and say what we wanted to do, and I said I was interested in doing something in the media, maybe radio, television. And she said, okay, maybe you could look it up in the Yellow Pages.
Speaker 4: Oh, your co this is the expert that meant to guide you through the maze of what you might go in and do in the adult world.
Speaker 3: Go and look it up in the Yellow page.
Speaker 4: What eight is it? And you find your own job and for media, I choose your own life adventure plumbing, Okay, that's just me. I'm going to be a plumber. What did you have? Did you even have careers advice in your farm? Yeah?
Speaker 6: We did.
Speaker 2: We had mister Beer, and I wanted to get mister Beer.
Speaker 4: Was he just was? He just a local tramp who was an alcoholic. He lived on a bench under the.
Speaker 2: Moon, and he taught legal studies. I had him for legal studies as well in year eleven and I went to him and I said, mister Beer, I want to be a radio journalist. And he just looked at me and he said, well, you have to do an arts degree because you won't you won't get into radio, but you might, you know, work at a newspaper or something. I said, no, I want to be on the radio. He said, you have to do an arts degree. And I said, mister Beer, I don't want to go and do a three year old's degree for like, you know, a week component of writing. I'm not going to do that. I want to do a radio course. And he basically said, sit beyond my way, and he said, we'll best of luck with that, missy.
Speaker 3: Like on on radio during high school.
Speaker 4: At the age of three.
Speaker 2: I did community radio.
Speaker 4: Past could walk. She was doing the news.
Speaker 2: I was reading news from about you ten years.
Speaker 4: It's just getting paid for it. I remember when Perats you would have felt this too, because these days kids are just whatever their dreams are us as parents as well, and scores. Of course you can absolutely yes, yeah, hopes, you can do the eighties. The pensulum has swung too far the eighties. When I said I want to be in radio, he looked at me like I said I want to be an astaurant lad on the movie. He was like, going to know this one life is going to crush this space cadet heard it must have been on the radio. Okay, how about you pick up a hammer and learn a trade first of all? Okay, even Joseph did that, He had to make that with stables. All right, let's to see and your school days. What is it for you? Nine four one four one o four three. I love to speak to other people who've got really bad shonky careers, advice at school as well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show, What is the letter C Mean to you? And your school? Days, Christian, see common room. We didn't have a common room?
Speaker 2: Do you no big business hang out in the common room?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What do you do in your commer room? Chat?
Speaker 3: It didn't have much in there, and Michael Wave was the only thing that I remember.
Speaker 4: Was that just for like, yeah seniors, Yeah, only for the level. Do you remember when you were looking forward to that kind of thing? It was? I remember when the girls were getting up to the halloaed a lot of getting into year twelve and having that hallow inner chamber of their own common room. It's a big it's a big moment in life, and it writes a passage. Christian and my school see for common room, this is quite a few years ago. Christian. We would have to smoke in there. Shocking, it's really bad. All right, let us see good morning, Mick, kill y Christian.
Speaker 8: I've been commanded to mix here fighting a good fight.
Speaker 7: For one O four.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, Mick and the the Let us see, Mick. What's it for you?
Speaker 7: Chair bags?
Speaker 4: Care bags?
Speaker 9: Yes, some of you still remember chair bags.
Speaker 1: I want to be draked out the back of your chair, that's correct, anymore.
Speaker 2: Like a makeshift locker went. They didn't have a locker. You put a gear in there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, probably from a great trip to break two or three.
Speaker 4: It was only your peak. It would be in there, and like a drink bottle and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: Oh, we didn't have drink bottles back then, Christine.
Speaker 4: We did with that old lead water that they used to make us drinking in that school tap, that force.
Speaker 7: That people used to stuff straws.
Speaker 4: And yes, yes, we came to school one day and someone had made a dog mess over all the school taps. It was, you know, when they were there, one of those instant assemblies with an hour and we're not leaving until the conference stand up and own their shame. Of course no one stood up there, but there were half an hour. We just went back to school, all right, Mick, thank you very much for care bags. Have a good day by Melinda. Good morning, Blinda, Good morning, Hi Christian, how are you. I'm good. Welcome to the show. So the let us ski see in his school days, Yes, puppy.
Speaker 11: As in skipping class, missing class.
Speaker 4: So did you do this a lot?
Speaker 11: Well, pretty much on a regular basis.
Speaker 7: You've got to catch up with.
Speaker 11: Your friends somehow.
Speaker 4: I never ever did that too. Such a good tissue, just scared of getting told off?
Speaker 11: Really no, go now, just skip work.
Speaker 4: It's tough when it's called the Christian O'Connell show, it's differently because Patty, I bet you didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I bet you were scared to him. Ye would have killed me?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, well yeah no, no it works all.
Speaker 4: Right, Blinda, thank you very much. It's good at Andrew.
Speaker 11: Now can I do something Christians. A little while ago, you had a thing on about spoiled pets, and I rang up about because one of your girls there was talking about her dog, and I rang up about my puppy, Coco, who is very spoilt with dressing herself and whatnot. Coco's a mummy. Oh wow, she had little puppies. So the spoiled little mummy is now a bigger princess.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that is great news. And everybody will.
Speaker 11: Yes, everybody's fine. So but another question.
Speaker 4: No, that was enough. Let's go to Andrew. Good morning Andrew, the let us see and School Morning team.
Speaker 8: Yeah, let us see. The school was orat secondary college out in western Victoria, and see was for changing tires. We had a a science teacher and it was legitimately a science class. Not a driver's education class who would send students out to his vehicle, and then we'd have to take the tires off.
Speaker 4: I love this guy.
Speaker 8: We'd swapped the left tie to the right tire and back again, and once we were done, he'd come out and inspect, and if we passed, that was great, we'd all go back into class and you'd send three or four more students out. It was and remains probably the most practical.
Speaker 4: I'm actually jealous. It's a proper life lesson how to change a tire. It's a great skill for everyone to.
Speaker 8: Have, exactly, and I've used it many times since then. I'm nearly fifty.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what, Andrew, don't you now go bo? I think what a brave teacher though, as he's driving home every day, Because if you didn't like that guy, suddenly don't tie up few of those nuts he goes. He goes one way and the tire goes the other way.
Speaker 7: I think he gave it a good look over before.
Speaker 4: That's great, Andrew, thank you very much. You called me. Thank you, Jeeves. We've got Rio on the line. If we let Rio, Harry, I forgot Rio's about sticker spotting. Ben stickers. Have you seen any where?
Speaker 11: Are you?
Speaker 4: How are you? Did you hear by the way you heard about Belinda and the dogs, Puppy's mate.
Speaker 7: I wanted to hear other questions.
Speaker 4: I know you were you kind of give you have a number. I'm not interested in the streets.
Speaker 7: Okay. So we're in Hampton. We were following a garbage truts for a while, no bin stickers until we've come to this house and there is a bin with a bin sticker on it, but it's not out on the street. And I wanted to know how you wanted to play it because deep in their driveway, but I can see a Christian O'Connell sticker on it.
Speaker 3: Okay, great question.
Speaker 4: My name is real and driving all right. So the ten thousands of you that we've asked for our ben stickers, we've been saying, please put them out on parade. The Benz marketing this show. We have no marketing money. It's your Bens are stickers. I think we need it, we need the showboat. We're desperate. Go and knock on the door now, rio.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm heading in a very nice long driveway. There's a Carlton member, so that's a shame. All right, I'm approaching the door. I'm walking up the stairs. I think this is there's two doors. I'm ringing the bill.
Speaker 4: There'll be two separate apartments. And be polite. You're representing the show. Okay, sorry to start you.
Speaker 7: Okay, the doorbell has rung. Oh there's movement. There's movement.
Speaker 4: People like, good morning, I'm from the Christian O'Connell show. My name is Rio.
Speaker 7: Then start saying good morning, I'm Mario.
Speaker 4: Start singing.
Speaker 7: I think, yeah, my name is a real and I'm knocking on your door. Okay, there's no one coming.
Speaker 4: They're now backing away. I'm because not everyone, get down, drop and roll, drop and roll to home invasion.
Speaker 7: No I'm not. I'm not Electrician. I'll putting you on speaker one second.
Speaker 1: Who had a.
Speaker 10: Christian o'connelled binsticker on your bin? And we are delivering prizes to people with spin figures.
Speaker 7: On their business?
Speaker 4: Let them know they're live on air right now? Oh my god, good morning? Who is this Sandra? Hello? Is Christian here with Jack and Pats A really really good listen Belinda and called the show a color weeks ago. I talks just had puppies and now we're all reeling at the moment. Listen, thank you very much putting our sticker on your bin.
Speaker 7: Oh that's very cave you show listening for a long time.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. So Rio from the show that he's out the front. Now that's Rio, Yeah, yeah yeah. There's a little nerdy kid behind him, probably filming it right now. That that's cute.
Speaker 7: That is not so dirty.
Speaker 4: Oh, bless you Now, Sandra, we're going to give you some tickets to go to Viny Cinema's Gold Class. It's a small thank you being part of our rebel bin army.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you, love.
Speaker 10: We've also got a lovely Christian O'Connell show has been which you look great in.
Speaker 9: My dressing gown?
Speaker 7: Yes, a purple dressing gown.
Speaker 4: Sandra. We are we woken you up? Or are you doing the school run? Or what are you getting ready for your day?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: No, I was.
Speaker 9: I'm just about to get changed because I was waiting for the electricians.
Speaker 4: Well, don't get Rio to do it. This guy is hopeless around the house. Don't get him to do it. Well, listen, Sancho. We'll let you get bart in your morning. But thank you very much for supporting the show and a small treat from us. All right, Sandra, thank you very much.
Speaker 9: Thank you, thank you lighting up my day every morning.
Speaker 4: Blashy's a lovely thing to say. And now real when you leave Sandra's place, put drag the bean back out onto the street to promote the show, okay, and then on your way. All right, well done everyone, Ben just dogs have puppies.
Speaker 1: Christian no connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show, where next Thursday the Racis stops the nation are ten thousand dollar beer race. Eight of you try not to spill beers as you take on Chapel Street precinct. And we all know when we think Chapel Street culture fashion nice, it's iconic, it's a vibe. Let's go, Thank you team, all right. Ten thousand dollar beer race. It is on Christian O'Connell's ten thousand dollar beer run, running in weird beers. All right. So it's next Thursday. We have eight spaces. Three have been filled at the moment. I'm also being sledged every day by a man called Jesse that we call the Butler. A couple of years ago we did someone called the fridge race where it was like how far can you take a fridge in an hour? This guy begged to be part of it back in the day. He buckled when he had some fitness challenge. We gave him a shot of redemption, and sadly he lived up to his nickname the Buckler, and he buckled again. He's asking for second shot at redemption. I mean redemption is redemption. It's not redemption part five or part six. He wants another go. He called us yesterday and I said, no, he's back.
Speaker 7: Hey, Christian, it's Jesse the Buckler here. I don't know if you've got my last voicemail, but I needed the opportunity. You need a chance to redeem myself.
Speaker 8: I haven't slipped a wink that free dracy you got me in last time.
Speaker 7: I just need a chance, Christian. If says anything I can do anything extra, please give.
Speaker 12: It to me.
Speaker 4: Let me do it. Let me get the chance to be the beer. I'm listen. We gave you the chance, Buckler. It's still a no. All right, let's speak to some contending athletes right now. Morning John here, you're going, I'm good John, So you want in in our ten thousand dollars beer race made.
Speaker 12: I'm a fifty nine year old man country person, and I think I can represent the elderly. We're in our third quarter of a century and I'm not a fit person. I'm built for eleven.
Speaker 4: It's like you're trying to take me. I'm looking for a country person who's built for loving you. Is that you the DJ wants to a husband?
Speaker 8: Don't tell them what.
Speaker 3: Fifty nine? I wouldn't call yourself.
Speaker 4: I was just thinking, you know, it's like a gut puncher. I'm fifty one. I'm thinking I'm the elderly. Now I'm representing the elderly to us. John, what's that? What are you doing to us at fifties? Yeah, you know in my prime. Now look at the other Christian petrig And if we're not that similar, you know both in our primes. Now, So John, you're built for love? And what does that mean? I might regret asking this.
Speaker 12: Well, all these young ones they got speed in the brain. Here, I've got stamina. I would just keep going. It won't be wisdom, it'll be just smart. There might not be a lot of beer left by the time I get to the end.
Speaker 4: So unsteady wins wins the race.
Speaker 12: Here it's the here and the tortoise.
Speaker 4: You got it, my friend, you got it? And John, I'm just checking you a country person, I'm.
Speaker 7: A country Hello.
Speaker 4: I love you people. Some are best friends and country persons. You are on the shortlist. John it kild be. If he is racing, he's simply known as country person's up ticket boxes. Doesn't it some guys for diversity? If there's eight for diversity, you need a country. We're trying to win over that demo at the moment from Farm FM, let's get a Carol. Good morning, Carol, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 9: How are you.
Speaker 4: I'm good Carol. So tell us why you want in for the ten thousand dollars bear race.
Speaker 9: Well, this grandma wants to impress her grandchildren. So I'm usually carrying champagne.
Speaker 7: To my children.
Speaker 9: I think I can convert to beer quite easily.
Speaker 4: You don't mean grandchildren with a champagne, or do you. That's the kind of champagne granny you are.
Speaker 9: So this is the kind of champagne granny you want one? That's one that has already converted over to your show. But now I think I can go.
Speaker 4: And will you? Where are we converted your conversion therapy. Where have you where we converted you from? Where were you before?
Speaker 9: Light?
Speaker 11: FIM see that.
Speaker 4: Once they found the light, sometimes they don't want to come back.
Speaker 9: You make me laugh, So I think a good laugh in the morning is what everyone should be starting off with love.
Speaker 7: As for the beer run, I've got this.
Speaker 9: I'm going to swoop down on everyone. I'm an make Pie supporter and I'm gonna just blow them out.
Speaker 3: Now, Carol, are you a city person or a country person?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 9: I heard John not. She took some of my lines. So I'm a young city grandma.
Speaker 4: That's it. Thank you very much representing the youth, aren't you.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 9: I'm about to go swimming and do my twenty laps.
Speaker 4: Dell you Carol? Right, okay, Carol, it might be you. You're on the short list. That's strong tretenders today. Thank you, Carol. She's come from the light. Everyone. Ahmed, Good morning, Ahmed. Why should it be you in the ten thousand dollars beer race? Make your case. I'med and welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm a builder, multitask I take more tools all up and down on the job site, all day, every day.
Speaker 4: Well, done, well done on doing the basic requirements needed, taking the tools up and down. A builder who to stop the race right now? I didn't know we had them with.
Speaker 7: Row here the whole job site all day, carry tools all day. You don't drop the tour.
Speaker 10: I'm very energetic, it's very very good with my hands, and I don't drop nothing all day.
Speaker 4: And what kind of trady are you? You're sparky? What are you?
Speaker 10: I'm a carpenter.
Speaker 4: Oh, carpeting. Now, don't you earn the most because you have to be around all the time on site, in the most.
Speaker 8: I'm smartest in the side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it. Yeah, I've got this all this rivalry on it site. Isn't everything the spar keys and the carpenters? All right? Joseph smarter, not harder? A coach, the torches and hair. There's a lot going on today, Ahmed, it might be you strong.
Speaker 3: I mean, put all three of them, shall we?
Speaker 4: All right, let's do that. First of all, let's go back to country person. John. You're in a go Country Person. You're in the race next week.
Speaker 7: Oh you beauty. Here we have the country boys.
Speaker 4: Country person, you're in the race. Na Champagne, Grandma Carol, you're in the race break out the Powey come on and Ahmed, Yes, human Swiss Army Knife.
Speaker 1: You are in fantastic, excellent.
Speaker 4: That's it. It is on. Well done everyone.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show, What is your Earliest Memory? Reasona masking? This listen to a podcast interview and I haven't got very far into it because I keep having to pause because I find myself laughing. It's it's not set out to be a funny podcast. But if I was Joe Rogan and his guest Terrence Howard. Some of you remember the name Terrence Howard. He was in the big TV sho Empire and it was also in the First Iron Man, and then with some of his quite interesting theories about science, they recast his character Robert Downey dueansist that he was recast. So Terrence Howard now has set up his own brand of science. This is an actor who claims to have gone to university. The university said that he didn't actually complete his degree. Terrence has set up his own brand of science called terry Ology. Right. He believes that he can rebuild the planet Saturn.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with it?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. It's in need of repair.
Speaker 4: Throughout the interview, he says that he's refuted the Pythagoras's theorem, which has been around.
Speaker 3: This is one of the ones we all learn in Yeah, proven time and time again.
Speaker 4: Not according to actor Terrence Howard of Terry Ology, he said that all the scientists are wrong and that he can also in the next year or two, he's going to show how he can kill gravity. So, like I said, I'm pausing it, rewinding what did you say? But this is the bit I need to play you, which is why I'm asking you, what's your earliest memory. I've listened to this this spirit of the podcast.
Speaker 1: My first memory.
Speaker 13: Was almost like when you're dreaming and you're falling and you hit the bottom and you wake up. That was my first memory. But I didn't wake up here. I was inside my mother's warm right okay, but wait, and I was about maybe six months inside the woe and I'm like.
Speaker 4: Oh you hearing this. I was just trying it along and I was like, you know, you rewinded? Like did I just was that he dreaming? Am I back in my momentum? I'm trapped in your womb right now. I don't get out. There's no doors here, well with the door open, not for months.
Speaker 13: And I was about maybe six months inside the woe, right and I'm like, okay, don't forget, I'm here. Okay, okay, don't forget.
Speaker 4: Don't compain.
Speaker 13: So forget, don't forget. You go to sleep, wake up again. Now something's moving in front of you and you're like, oh, that's my friend. But I had a different name for it. I didn't know it was my hand.
Speaker 4: Also goes on to claim he remembers being circumcised as a young baby as well. He was there.
Speaker 3: I was there because that's what we didn't do as babies. We didn't think we should remember this. This is monumental.
Speaker 4: But have you got jackology.
Speaker 3: I don't have jack ology.
Speaker 4: He's got terryology. And he also said, by the way, there are no straight lines. Oh, no straight lines. So he had a lot to say. But anyway, with him claiming to remember and who knows, right, I don't know who knows. He claims to remember what it was like inside his mother's womb.
Speaker 3: Long six months.
Speaker 4: This is incredible, really, when you know they're saying that the pre foreign frontal cortex that doesn't stop developing for men until we're twenty five, twenty six. But in just his earliest weeks, not even a year or nine months, he can remember being in there and he was six months.
Speaker 13: Old, and I was about maybe six months inside the world, and I'm like, okay, don't forget I'm there, Okay, okay, don't forget.
Speaker 4: Delfred Patsy, what is your earliest memory?
Speaker 2: I reckon nine months and you're gonna laugh at me, but I put a photo up on my Instagram on Mother's Day of me in the car when I was nine months old, and I swear I can remember my dad taking that photo.
Speaker 4: Go way listen. You wouldn't even have memory cells enough in your body to store that memory.
Speaker 2: Remember pulling over at the side of the road. It was a frosty, cold night and the car door opening, and I remember the cold and Dad getting the old brownie camera out and taking a photo. And I've got the photo.
Speaker 4: So and you were like nine months old.
Speaker 2: Nine months old, my mom's lap, not even a year.
Speaker 4: What's your earliest memory, Jane?
Speaker 3: I reckon five years, five, yeah, maybe six, yeah, And what was it? My mum introducing me to our new next stoor neighbor, Tyrone.
Speaker 4: That's a very specific memory, isn't it? And what was she walking around there? What do you remember? Was it summer? Winter?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: He was in the driveway. Mum brought us out and said, this is our new next door neighbor, Tyrone. He was my age? And how did That's all I remember of?
Speaker 4: Do you remember if it was summary?
Speaker 3: I don't remember if it was summer.
Speaker 4: Most of our first memories it's summertime, even though the memory might not have been at summertime. In your mind's eye when you record it more often not it's summary.
Speaker 3: It must have been because I remember him being shirtless.
Speaker 4: Jackology, start forming it now? What is your earliest memory? Ah? You like Terrence Howard? Do you remember being in the womb? Colin a brighter Now?
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O'Connell's show.
Speaker 4: Podcast Christian O'Connell's show Danny Time Waste on the time, Waste to day. You can win a double pass but in Cinema's Gold Class on us for the best in show today for your hiking bands. When does a walk become a hike?
Speaker 3: I think you need to be carrying something like a pack.
Speaker 4: It feels like it's a very American thing to say go for a hike when they're actually going for a walk.
Speaker 3: You can go for an Australian hike.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, an Australian hike, like an Australian pizza. Where's pizzas with an egg cracked in the middle of it? Suddenly it's Australian. You're hiker, Pats.
Speaker 2: I don't mind a bit of a stroll. A stroll to carried away.
Speaker 3: I think you've got to be on a rugged trail.
Speaker 4: Down and otherwise this is let's go for a walk is a different figure. It's a trail. Yes, yeah, yeah, gotcha. Ski poles are those people you see in like real flat terrain with ski poles. They just look like they're in the way as well. They're canking on the ground. They're not like digging in climbing up things. All right, we're looking for your hiking bands. Let's go. What are the hikers listening to? Stevie going for a wonder Stevie going for a wonder hike and Turner not. I can turn a hike in Turner Silver. If you're going on a long height. You're going to need, you know, all your gear, Yeah, definitely in a bag that goes behind you. You need but backpacker up are your gold? Yeah, got your gear and got your water bottle, got your compass. Be careful though, you're gonna eat some spray if you're going for a long one in warmer climates. That's right. Mossy Osborne. Mossy Osborne. And you got to take a got to take some bandages with you. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you'll need an Earth First Aid kit bronze, thank you. What have you got hiking bands? Sir?
Speaker 3: Trail mix a lot, Oh that's very good. Gold, the Catman Doobie Brothers very good. Yeah, gold plus mister Blister and the temper map.
Speaker 4: Temper map is bronze and you know that too.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show All right time ways, So these are very good. We're looking for your hiking bands today and the best in show. You get to all pass on us for them as gold class Hootie and the blow Up Mattress Gold and some Elliott Sonny and Sherpa. Very good, isn't it. That's from Christy Borg Ace of base Camp gold. These are outstanding today. Mac Tupak Mac Tupac, Matta brand silver. The exclaimers, Oh, look at that view God, the proclaimers, the EXCLAIMERSH my god, it's amazing. Map Tallica silver, Janet The Point of Blisters silver, This is great. High Kings of Leon, High Kings of Leon. Deacon, well done. But he's back again. But Camelback a rack gold. Yeah, very good. Nathan, you did the better on my friend Kate Bushwalking silver. Paul mccarmany silver plus. I tried Mark with the powerful acting there, Nick into the cave, take shelter to go, Nick into the cave. Stu, well done. Pearl Jamboree, come on Mi Silver, down long John's John's go for a Hike, Twisted Blister silver plus Blink eighteen Poo in a Hole bronze, Yeah, well done, right this son Hike in the Mechanics Silver and it's easy. Top of the Summit silver, plush good Jack. Who is best in show today?
Speaker 3: Congrats Toude Christy for Sonny and Sherpa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very good.
Speaker 1: Christian Connall's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell's show, tell you what has not really set the old radio show Fire Today has been you. My friend Rio's already he has no shame. This guy's shame proof. Let me just play the theme tune, my name is real and driving on the road. I'm also wasting show the time one Ben sticker spotted in three hours of showtime.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, good news and bad news. Good news is that I was able to actually give a couple of stickers away. We got heckled by one lady who was walking her dog who hadn't received her sticky yet, so we gave her a sticker.
Speaker 4: That is good. Yeah, now that's great. But yes, we so two show producers out in about in a creepy branded up suv and you've given away some stickers.
Speaker 10: We did our bet.
Speaker 7: We went we we're in more like the moment. We went all the way down to Dingley Village. We sort of just followed where we could see lots of bins out At one point we were following a garbage truck, just sort of trailing it, following its path because we thought they would know where all the bins are. But unfortunately, no stickers on the bins. Lots of bins out here at Mortiolic. Again, fortunately no stickers on the old bin, So.
Speaker 4: End three hours because this is actually good intel at the moment. How many?
Speaker 3: How effective is the campaign?
Speaker 4: Should we line up a plan be as in a future home on the radio for the show? How many did you actually spot?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 7: Well, one but it wasn't even out we had to go that was deep in the driveway.
Speaker 4: One?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How many? Just be honest, right, how many cant and Jackie O posters did you see? Comparisons?
Speaker 7: There's actually there's still so much marketing out there.
Speaker 4: That's why we're doing this. Why you work for the show, This is why we're doing this. Don't be surprised. This is I need a happy ending at the end of the show. Any good news to propel me into tomorrow's show. Not like you're screwed Christians.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you're surrendering, yes.
Speaker 4: Are you French?
Speaker 7: No? The noble pathy surrender?
Speaker 4: Well, wow, this has not been a successful campaign today with you and.
Speaker 7: We've lost the battle, but we might still win the war.
Speaker 4: Alright, real, see you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: What we're not sending email on the streets again.
Speaker 4: Failed mission and hugely demotivational. We found out is it is hopeless. We must never give up hope because you know what is on tomorrow's show. Fammy to them, what a prize tomorrow on flyaway Friday. Now is just a short direct flight away. Always be saying, I always have something in my back pocket for dark times. I've always got a trip my back pockets. The first thing you learning radio, always have a trip to be pushing to op. That's right now, fu, thank you Frank, and now just a short time flied away. This is says in my back pocket Queens and Phraser Coast Office. Unrivaled whaling counters. You've got to compare the market and whaling counters. It always comes tops, doesn't it? And warmer days Google it for yourself. Please don't take my words. Visit phrase Frank one more. Please just keep going, Frank, I just keep it on a loop is Can you do that? What a prize tomorrow? We'll be surprising one of you with good news. Let Harvey Bay explore a well sung, well watching tour well song. Sorry, Frank, can you It's one of the most lovely things in the world.
Speaker 3: We're listening to a lot of whale noise at the home at the moment loves the ocean.
Speaker 4: Good well song, well watching tour a scenic helicopter experience. Has they have? They explained the half an hour one that we were offering last week. Half an hour and at helicopter means by the time they've done the checks and buckled you in and you go up, up, up, I'll get it's good up here and then down down, down down. That's the end of your half an hour trip. You can win that on tomorrow's show, Frank. Please. Oh now he's doing the whole song, so he's got the intro for him. So if you want to win it, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot A.
Speaker 11: There he is.
Speaker 4: Let me today's show. Hasn't it gone to it? Hasn't really everything? He's against the moment. No, you can never surrender. Hope, we're back tomorrow. We'll try again tomorrow. You kill it, Frank, Carl Bryer
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'conl Show podcast