Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's get into the movie of the week, bad Boy. We were wondering if we can borrow some browncher bills. Smith.
Speaker 1: You see you do some n the more will be served, Justice will be done.
Speaker 2: You will get to boarding there.
Speaker 1: And boys will be boys, bad boys. What you're gonna do, bad boys?
Speaker 2: Bad boys?
Speaker 3: What you're gonna do?
Speaker 1: What you gotta do when they came for you?
Speaker 2: Bad boys? Huge movie, breakout movie for Will Smith. He gave us his first big movie, and it announces arrival as a major, major movie star. So much charisma, sing Martin Lawrence, who was a fantastic Studies stand up. So much charisma, but so little script or character development, but so many Michael Bay explosions every third page of the script instead of like character development or any kind of plot twist or even anything original and leaving out cliches. Must have just been explosion.
Speaker 3: If you love this movie in the nineties, I would say, don't go back to it, go and watch a couple of highlights on YouTube, and that will satisfy men. That way it should have been. Really, it should have been a sketch with Martin Lawrence and Will Smith on Saturday Night Live. Just that first maybe four minutes of the.
Speaker 2: Film, the first opening four minutes is a great opening scene. The rest of it.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about making the film because there's no movie there.
Speaker 2: There's no movie. It's whaffa thin. It's whaffer thin. Honestly, if Michael Bay got hold of like director miss Daisy in I've had Morgan Frohm and blowing her up. How many explosions are they in? Apparently at one point they just run out of they run out of money. And the Porsche that Will Smith drives, that's Michael Bass because you didn't want to waste any money that we go use that I need it for explosions, Will it's Michael based car.
Speaker 3: Thatsh no war drive. Everyone bring your own clothes, all the budgets going into explosion.
Speaker 2: There's a bit where you know, where the baddies in the doorway of the plane and there's like propane tanks. You know, you've seen it, You've seen it a million times, right, and it's got the old talking killer syndrome where he just had.
Speaker 3: To squeeze the trigger and.
Speaker 2: My lawns is gone. But it starts doing that big old speech, and dude, have you not seen any of more movies?
Speaker 3: The more.
Speaker 2: Away you can take one, the good guys out. They run out of money to do it as big as Michael Bay wanted, so he put fifty thousand dollars in his own money into it. He put his car money into it, just for this needless I'd look to see because after this he did Pearl Harbor Michael Bay and obviously did armourged him before this, which we talked about last week. Then he went on to do all those terrible Transformer movies. The movies work on the moment, it's good. I'm not making us up Robo Apocalypse. You've already seen it. You've already seen it. You already know what that movie is.
Speaker 3: They should get two directors for these films. He's great at doing the explosions, no doubt. He does the action scenes.
Speaker 2: Great character stuff, the stuff that you need in a movie.
Speaker 3: Stuff like plot, any other essentials in a film. Get somebody else.
Speaker 1: To do that.
Speaker 2: How many out ten would you give this three? The honesty, Pats, it was like it was like a great holiday romance that you go back to a couple years later. And you've all got a bit older and it's not looking good.
Speaker 3: Even the charisma between Martin Lawrence and Will Smith doesn't drag the film through it And just the most annoying thing is so many problems in the film could have been solved if their just communicating.
Speaker 2: All right, then we you've got the news headlines coming up next, and then to do with a letter B we're talking about this.
Speaker 3: Imagine what a difference easy selection and having up to sixty copies of every hot new release would make yours three nights for the price of one.
Speaker 2: There's twenty four hour quick drop return. Welcome to Blockbuster Video.
Speaker 3: What a difference Blockbuster video is making all over Melbourne open till midnight every time I.
Speaker 1: Heads.
Speaker 2: You'll never know how hard it used to be, the stuff we had to go through, the rings we had to jump through just to watch a movie, not even necessarily a movie you wanted to watch, because that might have been rented out. Yep, we're getting into blockbuster next. Well.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell's Show podcast