Speaker 1: All right, I have a story to tell you guys. Now, one might say that a mother's love knows no bounds, but that day though, yeah, well would I yes? I will love my children forever. Do I want to support my children for the rest of their lives until I am old and on a pension.
Speaker 2: Not really.
Speaker 1: I hope that one day they grow up, they spread their wings and they fly away from my house and into someone else's, their own family.
Speaker 2: That's the dream from her for every parent. Would you agree?
Speaker 3: I mean, I was straight out home at eighteen, and I don't have kids, so yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean I also moved out of home when I was nineteen years old, so like we were out of there, young Mitch, not so much that is going.
Speaker 2: Where is this? Okay?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: All right, well look what happened. I'm going to take you over to Italy. There is a seventy five year old woman there now. She lives in northern Italy, in a beautiful place called Pavia, and she has recently won a court case suing her two sons. Right, she has taken them to court. Her our children, her own children, her own blood. And the reason for this is because her children are forty years old and forty two years old, and they refused to move out of home. Refused. But not only did they refuse, they refused so much that she had to take legal action against her own children. Now, this poor woman, she was spending her entire pension on food. Could you imagine how much it costs to feed two forty year old men to so she was spending her entire pension on food and on maintenance for the house, and she had not a dollar to stare for herself.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of non as meatballs.
Speaker 3: Because she literally called, I'm just reading it now, she literally called her son's parasites.
Speaker 1: She said, they're parasite.
Speaker 3: I mean forty two. Come on, you're halfway. I mean sorry for anyone that's eighty, but you're halfway through your life.
Speaker 1: You're halfway.
Speaker 3: You can't be living and smooching off your elderly mother. What is right in those people?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 4: What? Though?
Speaker 1: It the only thing that's worse than than never moving out of out of home as a forty year old, like never, they never ever left and came back. It's not like they, you know, had a hard thing that went on in their life and then they had to move back home. They literally never ever moved out. The only thing that is worse is having your mom having to sue you to get you out of the house. Unbelievable.
Speaker 3: You know, I used to live in Italy. I moved to Italy when I was like eighteen nineteen, and I remember I had a really good friend and that I had made over there through the nanny and circuit. And he was thirty five and I've only just thought about this now, but he was still living at home. The average age in Italy to move out home is like thirty one years old.
Speaker 1: Woul do you know what that's I mean, it's weird, isn't it. I mean, it's different than what we do.
Speaker 2: You need to Italy? Hilarious. I was waiting for this to be brought back to me, but no, I'm getting off Scott Free. My mom wants me at the house that's Thetury household.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? I feel like maybe you have a little bit of Italy in your blood. There is a term which is being coined in Italy and it's called mummony maumony. Now, maumony means and it's used to describe adult men, specifically who were too dependent on their mothers bony grow mom, and I think that is you, Mitch Jury.
Speaker 2: You're a Mitch Jury. Mamonial mammonis of Australia, thirteen one o six five. How old are you and you're still living at home? I think it is so fun. I'm ahead of.
Speaker 1: You trying to get safety in numbers here.
Speaker 2: Mid We're going to go on a rider strike all us adults. So we're going to.
Speaker 3: Call you now, Mitch Mitch Mamoni.
Speaker 2: Churi on Jack's called on thirteen one six five hard on mamalone. How old are you? You're living at home?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Have you ever moved out of home and come back? You've been there the whole time. I did move out for a little bit, and then when I went back to UNI, I ended up like over COVID.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can I say YouTube Boomers Britain? Laura, the economy is tough, you know for us gen Z's it's so hard for us.
Speaker 3: To us no load of rubbish. It was tougher for us.
Speaker 1: We're pretty old, Laura and I yeah, I mean, you know, back there in the Great Depression, it was horrible.
Speaker 2: Okay, We've got another Mimi On thirteen one, O six five, Rebecca Homimo on the.
Speaker 4: Okay, so my sister, she's thirty one, Yeah, but she still lives her home. She's never in her entire life moved out. Yeah, so she literally doesn't understand what living is like these days. My parents she doesn't pay rent easier my parents pay the MORKI yeah, oh no, No, she does the shopping I mean for herself and everyone, well for everyone, but as I mean her, my mom and my dad. So technically, what two hundred prodancual was Max?
Speaker 3: I mean, there's got to be some of this responsibility that falls on the parents, right, Like it sounds like they're encouraging that moment when the second they're eighteen, they're out. Woman, Actually they're going to boarding school at twelve.
Speaker 1: Somewhere in between your mum and brit would be a really great place to spot.
Speaker 2: I think it's you, Laura. I think it's you. You're you're the warm middle ground.