Speaker 1: Laura, Come on Halla, Happy Monday around quick, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: Sure does? Welcome to the pickup for a new week, all thanks to chemists warehouse heading today, great savings every day. Sorry, Laura, are you being taken aback by the butterfly? On the other side of the.
Speaker 3: Room, Brittany has walked in to the studio looking like a peacock that's ready to mate. He's got all of her feathers, all of her feathers out, she's flaunting them.
Speaker 4: I'm a peacock. You go have a flower.
Speaker 3: Let's start at the toes. The nails have been done, you've got a fake tan on. The eyelashes are done, You've got your brows done, you had your extensions fixed. I have never seen you look more put together, and I have never felt more like I walked out of a trash can, Laura said to.
Speaker 1: Me a couple of days ago. No, sorry, this morning, Laura goes mate.
Speaker 3: Last week, you look like you're in a swamp, like she crawled out from under a bridge here, like I was a troll.
Speaker 4: She's like, this week you looking really good. Yes, guys, I've been peacocking.
Speaker 1: I've got all my stuff done because my boyfriend, Ben is on a plane as we speak.
Speaker 2: Ben's on his way. Ben's coming from Ireland.
Speaker 1: Ben is not Irish. Ben is from Scotland and he's Swiss.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what that music was, wrong music, because we all know how long since you've seen him, over two months, and then we know that this is what's your long distance boyfriend's coming to town and you are wax strapped and ready to party.
Speaker 3: Does he realize what he's being sold on though, because like this is holiday brite, this is not a maintainable version of yourself. He's only getting the best version for very short periods of time.
Speaker 4: Why do you think I only do long distance relationships.
Speaker 1: It's because I can just be at my A game for that really short period and then I can fake it the rest of the time.
Speaker 4: You've got filters, you got all this stuff.
Speaker 1: Anyway, He's on the plane tonight, so we all know what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm going to bring it back down to earth, brit and Laura, because there is a way to determine your red flags, and I found them. I know exactly what red flags you guys are living with every single day. That's on the way with the pickup for your Monday around Australia. It's Monday on the pickup with brit Laura and Mitch. Right now, get half priced off cosmetics across the maybe Leine Revlon Rimmel and Nude by Nature Rangers or at Chemist Warehouse.
Speaker 1: Guys, there's an airbnb listing that is going absolutely viral online. Now, when I say viral, not for good reasons. This isn't a beautiful, immaculate castle where everyone's racing to go and stay. This is a list of rules that a host in Australia has put on their stay, and they are absolutely wild. Some of these rules at this airbnb are pretty standard, like no smoking in the rooms. Yeah, obviously, you know, leave the place as you found it, so be clean.
Speaker 4: But then the owner has added rules. Only toilet paper will.
Speaker 1: Be supplied on the first day, which I'm assuming is one role. You cannot work from home. Don't if you are renting this airbnb, don't stay home and work. Don't use the internet too much. You can only use basic amounts of internet. Towels are only supplied on request.
Speaker 4: We're not even going.
Speaker 1: To give you a towel longest days every four days can wash.
Speaker 4: That's it. No washing under four days anyway, they may as wait.
Speaker 3: Wait, if you've stayed for less than four days, you can't wash your clothes, so you can't use the washing machine.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Wi Fi is only adequate for making video calls or light internet use.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean that's open to people's subjective views, isn't it.
Speaker 2: But where is this list? Is it on the front door when you enter, or on like the kitchen bench.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's on the front door. I think it's on the listing as well.
Speaker 1: I think it's like a double whammy set of rules, but it's so extreme that it actually goes against Airbnb's guidelines.
Speaker 3: I mean, to be fair, if they're going to have these rules, you need to have them somewhere front and center, because you don't want to get to day two and then realize you've got no toilet paper levels.
Speaker 1: You also can't look the rules up online on the listing because you can't use the Internet's got to be in the house anyway.
Speaker 2: How much per night? Bridge? You know how much this room is, because if it's expensive, then that's.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it's not expensive. It's fifty seven dollars room per night.
Speaker 3: That's so cheap.
Speaker 2: That is cheap.
Speaker 3: No, okay, fifty seven dollars per room per night. I'm not expecting to get a towel. I'm not expecting to get the toilet paper. I'm just expecting to have a bed that's got clean sheets on it.
Speaker 4: I would rather you charge me sixty dollars.
Speaker 1: A night and give me toilet paper. I don't want to have to go buy my toilet paper when I've gone to an air Charge me three dollars more, you know what, go sixty one dollars and let me use the internet, sixty two dollars let me wash my clothes.
Speaker 4: I will take it.
Speaker 1: But it started with this big conversation now about is Airbnb dead?
Speaker 4: Is it going down the gurgler?
Speaker 1: And are we all moving back to the old days of the hotel line?
Speaker 2: Now? I am one hundred percent team Hotel. I will pick a hotel over an airb all day, every day.
Speaker 4: Why is that the buffet?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the buffet's and that's not even at the top of my list. The moment I check into a hotel and I tap that keey card on the door, I am living my life with reckless abandon I will flost my ass cheeks with a owl and then whipping around the room like I'm in dirty dancing.
Speaker 3: You do know that they have cleaners that have to deal with everything that you do in that room, and.
Speaker 2: They're getting paid body well to do it, because I'm paying through the room.
Speaker 1: No one's paid enough to get a towel that has flost your butt crack.
Speaker 2: Actually, no one people pay for that. You should see my gum tree account. There's a lot on there.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, they have those industrial washing machines. They dip those towels in bleach. Those towels, you rub them on your face, you get, you know, scratch marks, that's how dry they are because they've been bleached.
Speaker 3: No, I feel like the opposite. I feel like if you go to a hotel, the standard for which you get for what you pay. Like you said, there's a cleaner that comes every day. You might get turned down service, You're never going to run out of toilet paper. You even get your little little cosmetic pack you can take the home. I feel like you get so much more for staying in a hotel, whereas an airbnb, it's like if you don't clean up after yourself, if you don't put all the things in the dishwasher, you then get stung with a ridiculous cleaning fee. And I think maybe we all need to go back to being in hotels.
Speaker 1: I think there's pros and cons for both. I've recently heard a rumor of people do in hotel rooms. Do you know some people boil they're underpants in the kettle?
Speaker 2: No, they don't in a hotel.
Speaker 3: Okay, who's to say that they aren't boiling their underpants in the airbnb?
Speaker 4: Then brute they may be.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying the rumors are about the hotel, and I don't personally need a turn down service.
Speaker 4: I can pull my own blanket down.
Speaker 1: But I appreciate you asking and interrupting my private time to ask me if.
Speaker 4: I want to pull my own blanket.
Speaker 2: Sorry, if you guys are lying as if you just haven't farted like a like a child in those hotel room beds.
Speaker 3: The only thing that I do think is a bonus of being in an airbnb over a hotel. If you're a family and you've got kids, the ease of being able to book something that has multiple rooms is great, because that's very hard to do at a hotel.
Speaker 2: Interconnection. We've all been in there.
Speaker 3: Usually we have to stick Lola in the bathroom mid of Portacon, the freezing child. Yeah, we just stick her in the bathroom, close the door, pretend like that's an extra room. It's great works to treat everyone.
Speaker 2: Got all right now, I think I've just admitted mine. But I found your red flags Britain, Laura.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your red flag is wiping your butt on.
Speaker 2: Tails blossing, I think, I said, And I know your red flags and I don't know if you're aware of them or reveal them to your next Here at the pickup, it is the pick up around the country for your Monday with Britt, Laura and Mitch head into chemist warehouse today. Great savings every day. Girls. You often say to me, Mitch, you are perfect always.
Speaker 4: That is what I walk in here. It's the first thing.
Speaker 2: I'm say, Mitch. There's nothing wrong with you at all?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, constantly. All we have is admiration for your beauty and kindness. Sorry, sorry I couldn't even get the.
Speaker 2: Listen. There's an ad that's going viral on TikTok and it identifies your red flags by scanning your face, your facial features, your energy, so TikTok says your energy through the listen. I did it, and it's pretty bang on.
Speaker 3: I mean you don't have any so it must have just glitched.
Speaker 2: That's why it means it's banged on, because it's actually found my flaws.
Speaker 4: What did it say?
Speaker 2: So I've got the fields up here, I'm and do it on myself one more time. I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: It's got three red flags that come up. Minor sings off key.
Speaker 4: No, you're a great singer.
Speaker 1: You're rearly opera trained.
Speaker 4: Don't don't, don't make me Yes.
Speaker 2: That was on key h Red flag number two, high maintenance.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's getting closer, getting closer.
Speaker 2: To the course.
Speaker 4: You're one hundred percent high maintenance.
Speaker 2: Number three cancels on plants.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, michturis looking at me because he knows you are the biggest flaker I had.
Speaker 3: Be looking at you. Mitch has not turned up to a single dinner date, but we have organized.
Speaker 2: That is not true.
Speaker 1: Even get invited to your dinner dates.
Speaker 2: Mitch.
Speaker 1: If you were a chocolate, I'd be a crunchy, you'd be a flake.
Speaker 3: I'll be a picnic you would.
Speaker 2: We're not going to go through these red flags. We're going to admit them, and we're going to move on. We're going to work for.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 2: Really is you or quiet? I'm scanning you? Here we go. The red flags are appearing over Laura's head. Number one doesn't floss.
Speaker 3: I doos?
Speaker 2: Number two can't cook for ship, Oh my god, can't. Number three believes in ghosts, don't.
Speaker 3: That's for it?
Speaker 2: See well, two for two, two for two?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but look, can't cook for shit.
Speaker 3: Most people can cook kids food.
Speaker 2: You're terrible cook chicken nuggets. All right, hit me up, all right, I'm doing Britt ready. The filter is on for Britta. Red flags are appearing. Number one can't be alone.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean that I live my life alone.
Speaker 2: So number two no sense of direction. Number three hopelessly single.
Speaker 1: That is, actually they're all in two and three. A pretty accurate Number one is no.
Speaker 3: Number one is linked to number three.
Speaker 1: I'm always perpetually single, hopelessly single, so I'm always alone.
Speaker 3: I disagree, Britte. You think you can be alone, but then you brought a dog, so you never have to be alone. You literally are never alone.
Speaker 1: Believe it or not. She has not once spoken back to me when I speak to her.
Speaker 2: We've got doctor Nicki Goldstein relationship expert on the line because I want to work out who who has the worst red flag. So Laura's was can't cook.
Speaker 4: Britt was what was your perpetually alone?
Speaker 2: Perpetually alone single? And mine was can't make plans? Cancels on plans? Doctor Nikki, welcome to the pick up. Hello, Like, where do you land on this? These bad or these? Did you avoid them?
Speaker 5: But these are really hard ones. I'd say the cooking is fine, you can get takeaways, agree very much. But the loneliness one. Right, So this is really different as to whether you're alone because you're single, or one of those people that can't be on their own and always needs to be with someone else, as in, even when you're in a relationship, if you're not with that person all the time, you start to fret. So I think that's probably out of the red flags, the one that starts to become problematic in a relationship, especially if you're with someone who likes a bit of independence because they might have activities and friends and things that they want to do. And if you can't be on your own, guess who you're going to be calling them to say, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm going to come over.
Speaker 1: I'm the inverse of that, though, I'm the one that frets when I spend too much time with people like I'm one the one that wants to be on my You're perfectly panatic for a relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, I've got a lot of problems. We don't have enough time to dig deep into those.
Speaker 3: Well, I was gonna say, I'm not taking my relationship with advice or personal self help help advice from TikTok. That's what I learned from that. Thank you. Now, something happened to me over the weekend, which I want to tell you guys about. I think I might need to get myself a pair of glasses.
Speaker 4: Oh no, yea, we are hitting that.
Speaker 3: I'm getting old. I'm getting old. But you know it did affect my kids this time. And look, you didn't go down exactly as planned.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's next to the pickup. It is the pick up for your Monday Britt, Laura and Mitch around the country or thanks to Chemist's Warehouse right now, put in a little journal or your diary. Half price off cosmetics across the Maybe Lene Revlon and nude by Nature's ranges at Chemists ware House. Great deals.
Speaker 4: I don't think you need to put in your journal. Just go and go to Chemists Warehouse. Now I'll get the sale.
Speaker 2: Price probably better advice. Yeah, don'ty of us have a journey there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, guys, something happened to me on the weekend just passed. Now I think I need to go maybe to an outometrist to get myself some glasses. I think I'm getting old. Marley May, she's three and a half. She is obsessed, and I'm talking obsessed with like fire trucks, with policemen, with firemen, like loves a man in uniform.
Speaker 1: Sounds like Brittany, Yes.
Speaker 2: Loves an essential workout.
Speaker 3: No, but it's because they're like police officers and firemen are actually so nice to little kids because they get so excited, and you know, it's one of those things that they kind of aspired to. They learn about them in their books. So anytime Marley has seen a fire truck, even an ambulance, she gets so excited by the fact of seeing, maybe seeing or meeting a fireman. And every time we have in the past, the firemen have been so nice. Sometimes they've let her into the truck, like she's had these really beautiful experiences and she loves it. It's like Disneyland for her. So we were walking through the city and I spotted a fire truck at at the end of the street. It was kind of about three blocks away, and I was like, Marley, look, there's a fire truck. And she was so excited. She started running down the street and I'm chasing after it with the pram and there's Matt. Anyway, we get closer and there's like four firemen on the side of the road and they were obviously like in between, maybe having lunch or something. And then there was one fireman and I could see him in the front seat and I was like, what is he doing? Anyway, he had his shirt off. He's getting changed in the midst of putting a different shirt on. So anyway, Marley, she gets there first and she's chatting to the fireman and I'm like running up behind. Anyway, I gat to catch up and I'm like, oh, sorry, Like, my daughter's really excited. She really loves firemen, and they're being so nice. They're chatting, but they're kind of looking between themselves and having a bit of a giggle, and I was like, what's going on here? Felt like the one that was left out.
Speaker 2: Of a joke.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Marley was in on the joke, she's three, but yeah, you're the only one left out of the joke.
Speaker 3: Well, then Matt arrives and Matt was like, Laura, what are you doing? And he's confused, and then I'm confused. And then I saw the fireman, the one that was in the front of the truck that wasn't wearing a shirt. He comes out from behind the truck carrying a woman. It was a truck of strippers.
Speaker 2: It was a fall.
Speaker 3: They were half naked. Nothing about it even looked like it was a fake fire truck. There was a group of women on the back, and that this man with no shirt and was carrying a woman. I then had to come up with this elaborate story for Mali, telling her her that this man had saved her. The building was on.
Speaker 2: And they're kissing because her lips are hot and he's putting.
Speaker 1: The fire out in it because she was getting in the shed off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it flows all burnt off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there is a reason.
Speaker 4: And that blow up doll, Well, we don't know about.
Speaker 3: There was a poll on.
Speaker 2: The back of the truck.
Speaker 3: It took me until I was standing below it, and still she was there, like making small talk with these strippers, and I was like, Ah, there's a lot more to this story that I'm going to have to explain. So the moral of the story is strippers are nice too, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Moral story, Strippers great with children. Okay, let's go, let's get out of here. Laurie getting your eyes chick, please please do well? What are your up nekes to drive you home? If you missed any of the pickup you can podcast it of course on the iHeartRadio app. Just search the pickup and we will see you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I see ya, see everyone by guys.