Speaker 1: Clea Flex and Frooms Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: It is Flexing Rooms on Kita. I just it sucks to come with the bad news, but you do need to clean your dishwasher. It doesn't clean itself no matter what the settings tell you. And also your washing machine. And to be fair, there's a celebrity brand that you won't hate that's just launched and it's not who you think it's gonna be. It's not a Kardashian, it's not a musician, it's an actor.
Speaker 1: Anyway, enjoyed the shapeless girl. You're listening to Flex and Frooms on Kita.
Speaker 2: If you didn't grow up in a dishwasher household, I recoon there's some shame there. I definitely grew up being like way you guys had these. You guys had these, and so in my late twenties now I have graduated to a dishwasher household. There are a few things that I did not understand about the process and the journey, Like number one, you gotta clean your dishwasher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know that. Did you know that, Mickey? No?
Speaker 2: And we you didn't have a dish wash growing up, so I'm not surprised one of mine. It was a hand washed type of thing. And it's interesting though, because it makes sense in theory that the thing that cleans needs to be clean. Yes, but why aren't we cleaning them?
Speaker 1: Because you can't be bothered?
Speaker 2: No? Is that what it is like? For example, do you know washing machines have to be cleaned? Yes?
Speaker 1: And I clean mine because I bought it in new and it's mine. How do you clean yours? Are you put a rint through? Like there's a rinse that you buy and then you put it on the rint setting.
Speaker 2: But how are you draining it?
Speaker 1: It all does it itself? It's got like a cleaning function.
Speaker 2: What there is a separate filter. I'm not talking the dry filter. I'm not talking the rint thing. There's a little little plug at the bottom you gotta and there's a different catch.
Speaker 1: It's so scary. The man who sold it to me, it didn't tell me.
Speaker 2: What's it gonna tell you? Hey, with this thing that you're about to buy, this extra maintenance, it's about to be ature, not a convenience. And then I was thinking, so.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no no so so no no no no no no no no, no, no paid. Oh the thousand dollars for that one?
Speaker 2: Is it a Samsung? You've had a thousand dollars? You got a discount the second hand? First up, I feel like you lied. That felt like a lie you said for the first up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bought a new I was very proud of myself you.
Speaker 3: Hello, lovely.
Speaker 1: Another day, another time to dissect dating culture, because it is all around us. We were discussing it today. How there you can buy premium Tinder for five hundred dollars a month. That is allegedly going to work. But we'll see about that. Today we have a cent in message question from a dear listener, and I'm just gonna get straight to it. Hey, gremlins, I'm coming to you from unfortunate circumstances for which I require your feedback. Hunting. I have been on a lot of dates this year and have stuck in what I would say, three or four situationships. With every situationship comes that little heartbreak you experience, you know, the glimpse of fope that this person might be different, and then the situation proves to end like all the others. Babes that I really like you, but I'm not ready, la la la la la, or it's not you, it's me, et cetera, et cetera. Hitting some home truths there, my friend. What has really been getting me through, though, is that all the guys seem to get in relationships quickly after anything's with me, whether it's getting back with an X or a whole new girl. I am sadly the in between girl right now, and it's left me feeling like shite tbh. My self confidence is my self confidence is through the floor right now. Please help, sincerely, the in between girl. Aya ya ya yaii. Listen. I'm unsure we're to start with this, but I'm sure we will get to the bottom of it for you because I feel for you, and I think there is a way to circumvent this problem and this feeling. I will start by saying, if you start dating somebody and they say I really like you butt or I'm not ready, you have to take that as truth. I feel like it's so easy to be like, oh, but you know they might change, or if I stick around long enough, and I have to say I speak on behalf of everybody. Ever, I think everyone's done that, because when you really like someone, you're like, well, I really like them, we really get along, so why are they of course they're going to change. I can convince them, and that just serves to really hurt you in the end. So what I would do if I were in your position, young Gremlin, is the minute that I hear someone say, oh, I'm not ready for something. If I'm ready for something, you have to just attach, like you literally have to cut that off immediately, because it's so easy to it's so easy for them. What they've essentially done is given themselves an out so they can still enjoy spending time with you, hanging out with you, and yeah, like they might develop feelings, but if they don't, and they keep hanging out with you, getting all the good things about you, they can easily just say, oh, you know, I told you that I wasn't interested anyway. So I think they've got too much power over you right now, And even for your own sake, I think it could be interesting and sometimes it's a bit of an ego boost where you just let them go and then see what they do. Like, think of it as a fun game. If they're gonna play games with you, play a game back, and meanwhile, try and find a new a new friend to hang out with that but I feel you, this is really hard. But yeah. My biggest advice is when someone tells you how they feel, understand that it would have been hard for them to even send that message, so they mean it. Okay, you're listening to Flex and Rooms on Kaita.
Speaker 2: People are getting increasingly sick of celebrity brands, but is this one different? Listen to this video from lux Collective.
Speaker 3: Angelina Julie is opening her own create your own Clothes store in New York.
Speaker 1: Well does that even mean? So?
Speaker 3: The concept originated us twenty years of covering humanitarian stories. She had uncovered some of the horror and effects of the fashion industry and the environment, and also in the lack of recognition to the people who actually make the clothes. And so Angelina Jolie is open in this workshop so that the tailors and artisans receive the credit they deserve. So you can take in your clothes to get them refit or reimagined and not cycled into something new, and they'll only be using leftover quality, vintage materials or dead stock to reduce the waste and be more sustainable.
Speaker 1: That is so impressive. I can't point together.
Speaker 2: We've got to see no complaints about this one. We've got to see this one viral sold out, lines out the door. It is everything that people are claiming to want, and so this is it. In practice. We talk about over consumption, we talk about sustainability, and we also talk about celebrities having a responsibility to do better by themselves, by their audiences and buy the world give them the amount of power that they do have. They mentioned that Angelina Jolie has spent a lot of time utilizing her likeness and her brand too. I wouldn't say, but to raise awareness about humanitarian crisis crises either way. So I imagine this will go really well. It does worry me though, because this brand has been out for about two or three months now, and have you heard it about it? For me? No, just come on your timeline. Are called it's called Itelier Jolie. It sounds luck it sounds really beautiful. I haven't seen I tried to google actual people who have used the service, not just talking about what the service is. You haven't seen that come through yet. I was reading some of the comments on this video and they were talking about there were a few people who said that when they were studying business that they had pitched a similar idea and their lecture had been like that would never work. That's a bad business model. There's no growth in it. And perhaps it is. You know, maybe this isn't something that is going to be her next cash cow. But I think this in itself could start a trend. I mean, we've seen a ton of other brands like coach Hose, coach Topia, where they're taking their recycled they're taking older bags and dead stock bags, ripping them apart, and you can make your own one of a kind bad cool. So it's happening slowly, but surely. I just think that there's a bit of a marketing problem with these things. They feel quite underground in the know. You have to know to know, or be really interested in just the news cycle to be across it. It's not really going viral like I would have assumed it would, but I'll keep you posted on how it goes, and hopefully this time next week I can find someone who's actually been before.
Speaker 1: Yes please, type of FLEXI is a big question.
Speaker 2: Where I pose the question. It helps you unpack what you think, why you think it, and who is influencing the way that you think. I rip these questions from my conversation card game reflex because why think about them from scratch when I already thought about them once before. This is a really good one. It's a bit of positivity. I don't want to do that because positivity gets boring sometimes. But question of the week, what keeps you hopeful when everything around you is falling apart? I feel as though when we look at people who we perceive to be optimistic, they're mostly into in a way that just serves to hurt them in future. Like people who are so in denial about everything around them. You're like, Okay, your time is coming. But when you're actively aware of the world, life, society, what keeps you hopeful and in a good mood. Kind of reminds me of that conversation we have with Clementine Ford, and she was talking about how cis hat women feel hopeful about marriage and it working out for them because even though the stats say otherwise, they see a depiction of romance or a depiction of union, and they think, oh, that could be memm hmm, Clementine. The gift that keeps on giving anyway, if you want to answer this question. Go to our Instagram story it's Flex and Frooms. There'll be a question box. Put your answer in there, and then on Thursday, I'll read out a few anonymously and we shall discuss anxiety with Flex and Firms on CADA.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tune into CATA on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio