Speaker 1: Flex and rooms, flex and frooms, catch up, podcast and rooms. It's flex and it's rooms, and it's Thursday. I swear i'd something.
Speaker 2: Good to say, should I start talking? And then you interrupt if it comes to you, please?
Speaker 3: So you know.
Speaker 2: I've been learning Dutch right using my Michelle Thomas app. And it's really interesting because my approach to life is I only want to do things I'm good at. That's how I felt for the longest time Tomic not good at it, I don't want to do it because I'm usually good at a lot of things. But now I'm finally this hid and joy of trying really hard things I'm not good at, or things i'm not good at doing, and then seeing progress and then getting really excited. So I feel like I'm about two years away from revisiting a lot of the things I take a hard stance on, like not wanting to cook and stuff.
Speaker 4: Amazing because I could enjoy it. Who knows you'd be a great cook. I have.
Speaker 1: The one time I've tried to do this is with maths.
Speaker 2: Maths, maths, maths, mathematics, mathematics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember, like my I got a tudor when I was like in year seven or something.
Speaker 4: Damn academic. So early on, I.
Speaker 1: Know what, I know, I know what what anyway, and I like go after the bus after school was so traumatic. No, it's coming back going to this crappy math space. And I literally fucking hate maths. It was so fucked huh. So anyway, I'm not there some things I'm not good at and I never want to revisit them.
Speaker 4: Mathematics is one of them. I'll be gymnastics.
Speaker 1: Gymnastics, remember I told you that.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I told you, but my teacher because I was that girl who'd always skip pye because I'm like, I'm not athletic, I don't want to try. And then for one time, my teacher threatened me with detention if I didn't get on the balance beam, which is a big that's crazy, big call. And so I got on the balance beam and I was actually doing it.
Speaker 4: It was going well.
Speaker 2: And then I don't know if I made this happen or I lost my balance, but I fell and I turned around and I said, but currently to this day, I don't have great balance and I don't have great core strength. So I think that I might have I mustn't have been lying then, but who knows?
Speaker 1: Okay you on that beam girl? This is Flex and Rooms on Kita.
Speaker 2: Am I the asshole for ending my friendship over money? That is the question we're answering today on Flex and Rooms. This was not one source from Reddit or the greater Internet. This one landed straight in my DM from someone who said, Hey, Flex, I try to send this in a group chat with rooms too, but Instagram was not having a bar of it, so she chose me.
Speaker 4: Fair enough, they.
Speaker 1: Often choose me, so.
Speaker 4: So she chose me big fan of the party.
Speaker 2: Though. I was listening this morning and you were doing and am I the asshole? And I figured I would send this in. I put it in a SoundCloud file genius. Oh my god, I want to ensure I had all the info in the recording. Essentially, I've been feeling guilty that I ended a friendship with one of my closest friends and want to know if I'm the asshole.
Speaker 4: Let's play the track please.
Speaker 3: Hey, Flex and Frooms, I'm coming to you with an am I the asshole? Now? This one's been sitting with me for a while because I can't help but think that I ruined my friendship with one of my closest friends, so it's am I the asshole for not paying what was requested of me. Now, to preface this, my friend was throwing a party to celebrate her one year anniversary of moving up to the Gold Coast and created a big group chat inviting everyone over to her sharehouse. I would say about seventy percent of the people in the group chat lived in the sharehouse, and she said, come along, bring ten dollars to chip in for food, and let's just let's have a big dinner, which is great. So the day of me and my partner had spent a lot of time at the hospital with family and we weren't initially going to go. However, a lot of people had dropped out at the last minute, so we thought it would be rude not to go because she was one of my closest friends. So when we rocked up at five point thirty, which was a time in the group chat, no one in the sharehouse had come out to help cook yet, and none of the food had been prepared. So me and my partner spent about an hour and a half preparing all the food. So we were having like it was a big salad and a vegetarian dull, so a lot of the food was like can tomatoes, lentils, and all the fresh produce my friend had gotten from her work at a discounted price, So overall, it wasn't a super expensive meal, and it was one of those meals that you could do on bulk and not be really expensive. So yeah, we spent about an hour and a half preparing all the food. Like my partner got together the entire salad, I made the entire doll and did the rice and everything, and then the night was actually really nice. It was beautiful having everyone together. But about a week later, might get a message in that group chat and my friends like, thank you allso much for coming, Can you all transfer me the fifteen dollars that for your chip in Now my problem was the fact that she'd initially requested ten dollars per person, not fifteen, And as a couple who live by themselves and have a mortgage, obviously paying thirty dollars for dinner, we could get like half a week's worth of groceries with that amount of money. But it's fine, Like I was happy to pay the ten dollars, but it's the fact that she bumped it up to fifteen, I think because some people couldn't come, which meant technically she was feeding less people, and that she ended up getting heaps of leftovers from it. Anyways, So I spent a week thinking about it, and I ended up just transferring her twenty dollars, which was just the two ten dollars. And I do feel really bad, but I can't help but think that you can't just up the price when it's convenient for you, and especially the fact that, like we cooked most of the meal and all the fresh produce, she would have gotten discounted from her work.
Speaker 4: Anyways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so am I the asshole for not paying money that was requested of me.
Speaker 2: In the situation? Who's the asshole? First of all, I'm gonna have to stop myself to draw attention to the fact that through me is still drinking out of a mold infested bottle that she claimed to have cleaned.
Speaker 1: I just did.
Speaker 4: I just I cleaned it yesterday. One second, you said.
Speaker 1: What, I cleaned it yesterday and then I just went for a little room job. Look at this.
Speaker 4: Black soot mold.
Speaker 1: That stinks. Yeah, that absolutely stinks. That's discussing that. It's just foul. Look at that. That's terrible. It's a really bad day.
Speaker 4: That's all right, you will recover.
Speaker 2: It's a really odd scenario to begin with. First of all, a sharehouse fiesta where seventy percent of the attendees live in the sharehouse, but majority of them did not attend. I'm very confused by that to begin with. Second of all, I would assume that if you had cooked at that party, that you're now null and void for having to pay a ten dollars entry fee to attend. And then number three, the fact that your friend is a bit, the fact that your friend is charging the people who did attend more to cover the people who did not attend. Crazy for a casual, little house get together. Is psychotic behavior.
Speaker 1: And it's dull, it's dark. This is a tinned good love.
Speaker 2: And also you're gonna keep this. You can be eaten for nights after. You're not the asshole in this situation case, it's not clear at all. I just I really respect frugal people. I do, but in this instance, your friend is taking the piss trying to get a free meal and extra coins for not cooking and not hosting a party.
Speaker 1: I mean, it does suck when you invite people that don't come.
Speaker 4: So why are you punishing people who did a tend just to.
Speaker 1: Make sure that absolutely no one rocks up next time? Can you mess us again, sweet friend and let us know if you guys have rekindled the friendship. I hate that friendships can end over a five dollar tiff. However, obviously it was like the last straw at the vibe.
Speaker 2: But I also hate that, not that they can end of a five dollar tiff, but the generosity isn't there that if you're going to host a party, are you really now checking for cover fee?
Speaker 1: Realistically, people are built different.
Speaker 4: Truly, Keita flex and firms.
Speaker 1: Flex At times I don't want to bring to the radio, So I'm going to be completely transparent with the listeners. And that's when having a producer really comes in handy I produce a brook will go out onto the field and find stories for us to discuss.
Speaker 2: Because why am I looking at the table and all of Fremi's breaks are done? Brooks sourced all of Fumi's breaks for her, Yet me, I gotta do my sourcing on the go.
Speaker 4: Some people need more help than others.
Speaker 1: Game, I'm gonna pick and choose my battles.
Speaker 2: I need help to Brookie, she decides, she brings her own content and then goes, actually, I can't actually speak on this.
Speaker 4: I'm not quick and they might have to find her stuff.
Speaker 2: Social media, rooting democracy, a monologue by rooms.
Speaker 1: You know what some things are above my bake raide.
Speaker 4: Let's hear it, all right?
Speaker 1: So Briggie sends me a Sun article, which we always know is going to be a bit of mote, and this one is titled I didn't know my boyfriend's name for four months. I was too anxious to ask. So this is cheek Millennials. She dated her boy me for four months without knowing your name. She wasn't sure if he was called Patrick or Richard.
Speaker 4: She desperately searched for information, desperately just steal his wallet.
Speaker 1: And how did she find it? Take a guess, steal his wallet? She found the answers on her car document. Apparently this is before Internet or Facebook, So like, fair enough, how would you remember people's names?
Speaker 2: I would probably ask somewhere between I don't know the first and second time interacting with them.
Speaker 4: How do you get that far? And say I'm not really sure I've been in a Relationshipeah. I think she's one of me where she just calls everyone daddy.
Speaker 1: It must be Look, I get this all the time. I'm absolutely shocking with names.
Speaker 4: You are? Who did you? Where were we last week?
Speaker 2: We were here at Kita and Thrumy said to someone like she looked at them and then said, oh, let's say this person name was Jack.
Speaker 4: She said, oh, Thomas, right, that was just last week? Sorry? Was it Chivers?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: It was the sound guy, Jason's Jake guy that's on this floor, the music director. I think this was Jake. Jake, Jake, Jake, Jake, Jake. It was Jake came in, Jason came in with some Sorry James, James came in, Jake Ja Jake came in with some panad.
Speaker 2: Rumy needed panadle, right, and so she's desperately seeking to panadole. And Frummy's really mastered the art of being a damsel. Because we will not continue until Frummy's gone and retreat from diet coke.
Speaker 4: Oh, I need to quickly do my makeup for ten minutes. I gotta go to the bathrooms anyway.
Speaker 2: She needs she needs some panadal So Brookie jump in, what happened. Next, I'm not letting Frims tell the story.
Speaker 1: Then we got our music director Jake to grab us some and then she's somehow every time she calls something.
Speaker 2: And then he walks into the room a night in shining armor, looking so handsome, just being a king, love, helpful men.
Speaker 4: Hand to me.
Speaker 2: The Panados are no stress, she says, thank you so much, James, James, James like the Boomers she is.
Speaker 4: We're like, no, it's Jake.
Speaker 2: And then she proceeds to tell a story about how Brook has made his character on the sim.
Speaker 1: Brook told or Brook told him that story, and I mean, that's crazy behavior anyway, that's.
Speaker 4: What you draw the line, Jason. So how'd you find ad Ian.
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: On a car document? This is before Facebook.
Speaker 4: But I swear not what a car document is.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like a Red Joe paper. To this day, just last weekend I can think of.
Speaker 4: I won't actually inplcate my snow please please. I just like, yeah, this guy I wasn't like.
Speaker 1: I kept calling him his name, and now that I'm looking back at the weekend, I don't know if that was really his name. I believe that, but he didn't look correct me and because I would preferred try to be polite and say someone's name, like Okay, last weekend I called a chick who was a photographer, Natasha. Her name is Natalie, and I thought I went out on the I went on on a whim and I said to I was, Okay, I'm going to finally use someone's name, because that's a respectful thing to do. What do I do When I try it? It comes out wrong. I call it Natalie.
Speaker 4: A lot of things come out wrong when you speak. That's a habit that's not right. It's just names and facts.
Speaker 1: It's social media runing toot and see. But everything that I say, when I mean it, I mean.
Speaker 2: This is why the fuzzy wrecking ball here, Because this is what the fuzzy wrecking ball TikTok was saying. People who cause harm, but their packaging is so sweet, so soft, so gentle, so kind.
Speaker 4: That you don't even know how to heal. Look as she's laughing. This is flex and frooms. It is time for a moral dilemma. You are listening to flex or Frooms. Topic of the day. To snitch or not to snitch? Off the jump, yes or no?
Speaker 1: No, reform snitcher, I'm always down.
Speaker 2: I'm not going down. I'm not dealt the same cards. I can't handle the penal system like my fellow whites, So I don't care I'm snitching.
Speaker 4: But listen to this.
Speaker 2: You're an eyewitness to a crime where a man rubbed a bank. Instead of keeping the money for himself, he donates it to a poor orphanage.
Speaker 4: Who came up with this?
Speaker 2: That can now sut on your brain so you can tell it's Brookie's brain. My cranium would never instead of keeping the money for himself, he donates it to a poor orphanage, as opposed to a rich one that can now afford to feed, clothes and care for the children. If you snitch, it is guaranteed that he will do time.
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, I don't ever want to be an eyewitness. In some instances, it's only me and I will say something if I truly feel certain that I saw what I saw, Because even if daily life we're sitting and having the same conversation, I'm like, wait, did I hear what I thought I heard?
Speaker 4: Wait? What did you say? You're putting where to my mouth?
Speaker 2: Says you miss we are going to talk about if social media scruting democracy. So I don't trust that I am able to recall details enough enoughs that I won't be now considered to be like an unreliable narrator. Whatever it might be. Leave me out of it. I didn't see anything. I'm not doing anything, especially where the cops are involved. Get me out. I don't care where the money is going. Rob your banking, go off to whatever you need to do.
Speaker 4: It reminds me of.
Speaker 1: Hold on you pretending to think I am because it was with me and now it's gone.
Speaker 4: Can I help?
Speaker 1: No, Okay, I forget what I was gonna say.
Speaker 4: So how you can come with? And you thought, if you want to, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, you know who you know. I've been snitched on in the past when I was when I was seven, when I was literally seven, I got into a car with a stranger and I was walking to school with my sister me and this guy kept being like, come on, it's raining, it's rainy, like get in the car, in the car, and he wouldn't stop. So I got in the car obviously. Then my sister rounds the corner and sees me to come through me and she gets into the.
Speaker 4: Car with me, and now the filthiest look.
Speaker 1: She's like, I can't believe you've done that. Anyway, the guy rode us to school, right, so it all ended up okay, But the whole time, like I know that I've done the wrong thing, like, oh my god, get to school, I tell someone, someone tells I'm gets back to my family right, amazing, And this guy that we knew who this other this other parent came over and fully yelled at me, and like then he was like, my dad's like, you went as red as a beat troop. And I'll just never forget being so embarrassed. So don't get in cars with strangers. But also don't chastise children for making a mistake when an adult made me get into a car. Okay, so yeah, watch out, don't snitch, and don't get into cars with strange men.
Speaker 2: And if you are a childless or someone who doesn't understand basic common sense or discipline, what we were doing strange danger in preschool, Babe, we don't know those people, and to this day I don't know those people.
Speaker 1: He forced me, yet we now get into a car with strangers with uber literally Okay, I was a forefront hours of earlier.
Speaker 2: Someone run her chat, Okay, run frooms her money.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 1: For more, Tune in Deicater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.