Speaker 1: Keep the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So let's make sure if there are elderly people or anyone who's a bit more vulnerable at the moment for one reason or another, and we know where they live in our streets or areas, and we do we're asking them are they okay? And do they need help? If you've got any I'm not even joking out, have you even got some spare low role for them? Because if you're older, what about you know single parents as well?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 2: If they have to stay at home and don't go to work, you know, they need to work to earn money, but they can't get childcare or even afford childcare. How are they meant to afford food to get through the two weeks. That's what I'm starting to think now is these people we need to know about them. We need to make sure that we can support them as well. All Right, it's twenty minutes past seven, so over the weekend you've probably had some of these conversations as well.
Speaker 3: If you've got kids.
Speaker 2: My wife said, hey, listen, we need to be ready if we do go into self isolation. You know, what are we going to do to keep ourselves occupied and the kids occupied. My wife also told me in the same conversation that not to expect any presents or anything on my birthday April the seventh.
Speaker 4: I mean she said, you guys, she were not safe for me to hang out with you guys and have a long lunch either. I understand why you wouldn't have a party, but why no presents.
Speaker 5: I think she just used she still go now get stop stop Bubba gifts. Now, cancel April.
Speaker 2: The seventh, So listen, guys, date for your diary. Cancel April seven, April the seventh, My birthday is not happening. The other thing is right, and the kids were going now, but normally you go away for a night to the hotel room, and obviously I was looking forward to that. My wife went not happening, and then elder's teenage daugh to fifteen and goes, maybe, though's like, could just go to the over opposite for.
Speaker 3: An hour, leave.
Speaker 4: Take your head both.
Speaker 3: Wife goes to me later. That means they know I went, I'm spoilering up fifteen and thirteen. They really worked out. We've done it at least twice because they exist anyway.
Speaker 2: My wife is installed me yesterday of head Off Isolation Entertainment. So yeah, we've got Netflix, got the Internet, we got streaming, Disney stand everything like that. She said, we need to do other stuff that is involved sitting in front of the TV. So today I'm going to go and buy a table tennis table, cleared out space in the garage two weeks I'm going to come an amazing table tennis player, and so are those kids.
Speaker 4: First of all, must have taken you the whole weekend to clear out that garage.
Speaker 3: I played for a card off note.
Speaker 2: I had to clean out. I had to go to the tip twice that do two separate tip runs. So yeah, I'm buying today. And also is another thing we need to do. The supermarkets obviously are getting their support at the moment, let's make sure we are where possible supporting local as well, because the local little businesses and companies are going to be really hardy.
Speaker 4: Here local table tennis store, and I want to find out where if there is a local place so I can go and buy the table tennis table rather than just getting one easily on Amazon or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Is there any where local that someone knows with that I could get a table tennis. I did have a look yesterday on like Kmart and also Rebel Sports as well.
Speaker 3: But here's what happens.
Speaker 2: Because everyone's a reviewer and a critic these days, they're too many opinions. I don't know whether the three point fifty or the seven hundred. I don't know what the difference is between those two table tennis. Is that to do with the thickness of the felt? Is it on the top of it or the size of it.
Speaker 3: I couldn't work it out. So if anyone's got any table tennis advice, I'm buying one today.
Speaker 4: Well, keeping it inside is the first bit of advice I can give you, because our family invested in table tennis table one summer and we kept it outside and then it would warp in the rain, so it became more and more difficult every time we played to play because you're playing on an uneven surface.
Speaker 2: Now I need to know if anyone's got any advice about a good table tennis or if you're selling one in country, can I come around and sterilize it and then take it away. The other thing is that I need your advice. I need to get some new board games. We've got that great one. What's the try ticket to Ride?
Speaker 3: We still play that? Yeah, awesome game. Have you got any more recommendation of it?
Speaker 4: I can make you a list up? Could yet?
Speaker 2: Also Jack, Jack's got these great board games. By the way, we put that list online because people now should be thinking ahead about what you're going to do for entertainment. So yeah, today I'm going to buy a table tennis table and I need to get some more board games as well.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll find out about Jack and Pat's weekend next.
Speaker 1: Christ John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, Patsy, what's the song that sums up your weekend? Mate? What's it for you?
Speaker 6: Undoubtedly has to be this one today. So got a taste of the self isolation at the weekend, and this is what we were treated to because of course our eight year old has taken up very seriously this year violin. So this is what we had all weekend, all weekend.
Speaker 3: That is the sound of hell.
Speaker 6: And I thought, if this is our oh isolation for the next days weeks, maybe Mum pray for Patsy.
Speaker 4: What song is this meant to be?
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter, you never recognize it. It's just the sound of Hell.
Speaker 7: This is a self titled track, new.
Speaker 2: Material you never want to hear and now my new one.
Speaker 6: Sometimes it's really frenzied if she's really excited.
Speaker 3: Do you know what, Patsy, when we give away prizes anymore? Right? Cue up that violin music? Try it right now? You've won the ten k never beat guarantee. What are you going to do with the money?
Speaker 7: Trash every violin that exists? So how how are we going to get through that?
Speaker 2: I tell you how? All Right, kids are worried at the moment, use that against them. Okay, say that violins spread the virus that I have it locked away until the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Okay, But christ John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: I just add this email from Jackie. This is interesting.
Speaker 2: Right now, My son is in home isolation waiting for his COVID nineteen results, which are pretty confident will come back clear. He is an asthmatic, which always flares up when he has a cold or virus. Because they were a little bit with asthma, it's currently unwell. He is the father of two boys, two and six months old. His wife stocked up on medications to keep him through this expert of quarantine. When she bought extra panadole medication, she was given the evil eye by the girl behind the counter. She didn't clean them out, she just wanted to make sure that they had enough to get him through his quarantine, his isolation. Could you ask your listeners please please be aware that if people are buying stuff, they might not just be being greedy. It might be that they actually need it right now, especially when it comes to medications. Be kind and courteous to stop fighting over groceries. I hope gold come to the party and keep your air. You guys are a home bit of laughter medicine for us. That's some Jackie Jackie. We are doing everything we can to.
Speaker 3: Stay on it. I'm sure we will be staying on air.
Speaker 4: Christian made a great point to me before the show as well. Pat imagine somebody like Eric. We talked to him last week. He's got eleven kids. Yeah, him going to the supermarket looks like he's stucking up, but he's just doing the regular shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: All right, So over the weekend a lot of us would have changed our plans. There are thousands of you who were excited about going to the formula one here over the weekend. Obviously that got counseled and no fans, so you would have done something else. I was suppose about the grand Prix yesterday. Instead, my wife was delighted that I now had a gap in the diary, and that means it's filled with stuff to do, and that meant we went to Kmart to apparently stock up on stuff around the house.
Speaker 3: This is my wife. My wife actually lives for stuff like this.
Speaker 2: The Chipmunk kids came with us. They were like, they love their photos girl shoppings Camart. Right, it's cheap, right, so they go, it's.
Speaker 3: Only one buck, dad, what's your problem?
Speaker 2: You know everything's under like ten bucks there, so he doesn't really peak any interest. They convinced me yesterday that what they would need and even laid down for my mental health, was two brand new beanbags. We don't have any beanbags. If we're in isolation, we need to be so we got bean bags and the other thing with my wife, you'll have to do.
Speaker 4: Have you put the beans in yet? They go every oh my god, that's a nightmare.
Speaker 3: This morning. This morning at half form creeper in the house, there's those loose beads everywhere everywhere. If you ever try to fill up a bean bag.
Speaker 4: I can't that. I regretted it immediately buying it. Nothing.
Speaker 5: It sticks in the bag as well. You have to shake it the static or whatever. It's the hardest thing.
Speaker 4: I didn't know if anyone knows a foolproof way to pour beans into the bag and not get any loose balls.
Speaker 2: I would like to dog was like licking them up, thinking they like little minty treats or something. The thing with that that she also got and had to build yesterday and it took me an hour to put it Together's like sixty separate parts and screws and rods, a three shelf clothes dryer era. When I wheeled it into the utility to show my wife an hour later, after a lot of heavy duty swearing.
Speaker 3: You actually want this? Oh my god, Christy, you got me. That's amazing. This is gonna be She actually said this first. This is gonna be revolutionary.
Speaker 7: It will, It'll change your life. They're amazing how you try and close. They're brilliant. They're brilliant.
Speaker 3: Have you got one?
Speaker 7: Yes, I've got one, But there's a.
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: The three shelves? Amazing?
Speaker 7: It is, but it's got to do that's the trouble. It's not like one of those foldable ones you can shove behind the.
Speaker 4: Door, Pats we still use just throw it over the back of a chair. That's how I dry my t shirt too much.
Speaker 6: But you know what the best Christmas I ever had one year was Mum and Dad bought me one of those laundry trolleys that you put the basket to take your laundry.
Speaker 2: Outside of hashtag best Christmas ever. All right, so what were you supposed to be doing over the weekend? What did you end up doing?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: I was supposed to be the Grand Prix ended up making a three shelf clothes dry Era.
Speaker 3: What about you?
Speaker 1: The christ John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I mean, you may have found that we've been googling over this weekend in extraordinary times has been all over the place. I googled at one point how to work from home. I mean to me, it's just sit on my backside like I do here mumbling into a microphone.
Speaker 3: There's no real big change and how to work from home. The other one was homemade hand sanitizer.
Speaker 7: Oh yes, I look that up. Would you you can't get any alcohol for it.
Speaker 3: Now, that's it. The big thing is alcohol.
Speaker 4: Well you're going to make it up, cook it up in a cauldron and make your own hand sanitizer.
Speaker 2: Oh a pan, you say cauldron? I mean maybe that's so North Melbourne hips the thing. We don't have pants. We've got cauldrons of various sizes. But yeah, alcohols. There are all these other recipes, but they're all the main core ingredient is alcohol, isn't it, Pats it is. That's so funny that you also googled home recipes for handmade sanitizer.
Speaker 3: Are you going to make some?
Speaker 6: No, because I can't get my hand on, Well, just get some cheap vodka, do you reckon?
Speaker 7: Vodka would work?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? We have people in the people use it sometimes to sterilized wounds quickly.
Speaker 7: Really, now you've been watching too many war movies.
Speaker 3: I'm turning it out. People back me up on this.
Speaker 2: It can sterilize a wound quickly with alcohol, right, what It's a sterilizing agent, so definitely do that.
Speaker 3: It's just very expensive hand sometime it here on baside, we just use four coming.
Speaker 2: All right, So the big thing you actually want to talk all of a sudden I was just mentioning how I got a yet to get bean bags for kids over the weekend, because they're going to need these if they have to isolate home for two weeks.
Speaker 3: And I didn't realize how hard it is to.
Speaker 2: Put the the bags of the actual those little white little.
Speaker 4: Balls, parly styrene balls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sort of cling. They don't want to get in that bag.
Speaker 4: They don't even first they want to come out of their plastic bag. They think to the side of that. Then they like to float just anywhere. They're not they don't have any rules of gravity apply, No, they don't.
Speaker 2: And then the static of them just stay at the sides and they get absolutely everywhere.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking about shoving the actual plastic bag. They came in in the bean bag, I know, but they don't want to come out.
Speaker 2: Patsy, it's impossible. I couldn't work out a good way to do it. There was three of us trying to sort it out, all bickering with each other. You hold the bag, which bit of the bag, the outside bean bag, the bean bag, all the actual thing going in?
Speaker 3: Dom? What should I have done?
Speaker 8: Good morning Dom, Good morning Creasing, Good morning everyone. Your bean bag wills be gone. I tell you do it this way, and you're not going to look back. Slash the top of the bag, open, stick the entire thing, insert it nice and deeply into the bean bag itself.
Speaker 3: I did that right.
Speaker 8: Hold the tip at the base of it so you're holding the tip of it at the bottom end. You zip it up halfway. Gently, jiggle it and tickle it and wiggle them out and you'll get them all in without any on your floor.
Speaker 2: Two things here, Dom, if someone's just tuned in, they're going to be thinking, what are they talking about this.
Speaker 3: Morning on the show?
Speaker 1: Is this.
Speaker 8: A retraction, so you know, come on, okay. The other thing is I kept it user friendly.
Speaker 3: You did?
Speaker 2: This is a great idea do I'm about zipping the bag halfway.
Speaker 8: You've got to zip it up. You've got to have your hand zipped up so it's a two person job, and then you've just got to jiggle it around.
Speaker 4: So Dom, you reckon, you field a bean bag with no stray balls going on your floor many times.
Speaker 3: Keep clean, Jack, And then you go to my street.
Speaker 1: Balls on the bag balls.
Speaker 8: My bags are full, and they've done it without a spillach.
Speaker 3: Dom what's is your name?
Speaker 8: Short for Durremy?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Gotcha? Okay, Tommy, thank tom, thank you very much to give us a call. Have a good day.
Speaker 8: You two goes by.
Speaker 3: The more calls my pig bags.
Speaker 2: If they call, I thought they'd be scared. Talk about coronavirus bean bags. Daniel, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Christian, good morning, Duck.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 2: We're good, we're good here and b mag FM Hour of Need we're here for you. Have you got a tip then about how a feller bean bag?
Speaker 3: I do? I do?
Speaker 9: Indeed, I thought about thirty or forty bean bags a couple of years ago at a gaming event. They use bean bags quite a bit to help people get down and consoles and.
Speaker 2: The people that apparently can't sit in a chair, professional gamers.
Speaker 3: They need to be in the semi reclaimed, be more relaxed.
Speaker 9: And they want to exactly right. So yeah, so we we use a wet back and put it in in the reverse cycles basically to still the still the wetback we've been uh, and then you put it in reverse and you basically blow them straight into the into the beanbak covers.
Speaker 3: What amazing?
Speaker 4: What is the wetbac a.
Speaker 9: Wet back, so it's like wet and dry, so you can pump up water or yeah, like a vacum. Exactly right.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of expense to go to just a few worries about the sort.
Speaker 9: Of a couple of hundred hundred bags you need.
Speaker 3: The wet bag.
Speaker 2: I should have lensed off your should have talked about this Friday. Then I could save myself a lot of pain. Daniel, thank you very much. She call me have a good day.
Speaker 9: Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast