Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Why.
Speaker 3: From Richmond Gold one four point three HQG Melbourne, Australia, Orcusting to the world, Christian.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want to go through life as a debbie.
Speaker 3: Oh conall, I'm just using raw athletic talent breakfast so it looks horrendous.
Speaker 1: So now good morning. Everyone stays safe on the roads. Patsy almost aquaplain this morning, coming over the Westgate Bridge from way out west where she lives. Rough on the roads this morning, right for that big old ten hour drive you have every dawn. You your truck that you come in the tractor, Yeah, the news tractor.
Speaker 3: But I almost ecoplaned on your coffee that you spilled out the front door.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I'm mocked it up.
Speaker 1: Your foot broke my heart.
Speaker 4: This morning, beautiful.
Speaker 5: It was a good cup of coffee too, and it just like popped out of my hand when I went to buzz my buzzer to get in the.
Speaker 1: Door, doesn't it? Wan, You want to cry when stuff that happens in the morning, Your coffee, tea, whatever, it is, that little comfort to try and make the journey a bit easier in the morning. My knee dropping. Is you like a kid who's just dropped an ice cream or let go of a balloon. It's just overwhelming, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, not quite the same. I haven't quite recovered.
Speaker 1: And the thing is with this Perhaps has this cup of coffee that you get? Do you get it from the same place every morning?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Right? What I never understand is after the show, at like ten o'clock in the morning, you're still sipping what is now almost frozen. It's gone so cold. I get any it's an iced coffee goes somewhere piping hot to ice. You're still having it. Seven people just chug coffee down, don't they.
Speaker 4: It's the cup that keeps giving.
Speaker 3: You must only drink like a couple of meals per hour.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just like to sip on it.
Speaker 1: What have you got like a neel my mouth sort of sign above your microphone in there like a little humming mud, just taking tiny bits of it? How can you control yourself like that? Just offfen up? Now?
Speaker 4: No, you savor it drinking it that way?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I felt? Really sort of? I felt guilty this morning. One of the team I can't say who it is, and you'll find out wine a minute. One of the team said, I'm going to go in surprise my mum this weekend by visiting her on Mother's Day, and I was like, I felt really bad, but obviously it's a bit harder for me, you know, to fly all the way back twenty four hours of surprise my mum. And then I thought, actually it'd be a really big surprise because it's not Mother's Day in the UK on Sunday. It'd be a genuinely big surprised like, what are you doing here was two months ago. I've been waiting for you for two months. You're actually late late to Mother's Day. So I yesterday I was saying on the show how I didn't realize how booked up everywhere gets for taking out mums to lunch. It must just be a lot of mums and families at restaurants everywhere around Melbourne, right, Yeah, it's packed. Yeah. I tried again yesterday. There's nothing. Of course, there's not listeners kindly of texted and where to go, but if it involves more than a twelve minute car journey, I'm out.
Speaker 3: The closest we got was Trentham. So for you from Bayside.
Speaker 1: Same as Game of Thrones, You've gotta be careful when you go up north. Okay, I'm the king of winter Fell bay Side.
Speaker 4: Off it up our booking for Sunday because we can't do.
Speaker 1: It for you. And listen, I don't want your sloppy seconds. Okay. So I sent the kids yesterday. Hey listen, I lie to them and that is good parent. And I said, listen, I tried to book somewhere a couple of weeks ago. I thought'd be really nice instead if we just had like I'll get some stuff from the deli and I'll cook. And they didn't have to say anything. I just saw from their faces that was not a Mother's Day treat for them or their mum either. They're like, well, are you going to cook? I went, I'm going to find a recipe online, and oh god, god, he's going to find something online. So that's what I'm gonna be doing. Surprise my wife was something I found online. If you haven't got any easy recipes, do let me know. On this morning show. Then Shane Crawford's going to be an after eight o'clock PASSI he had it in the news. The Footy show was axed last night, so we'd been talking about this weekend's footy action and also about the Footy show with Crawf late on this morning after eight the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: I often read about this tom of the show. Sometimes, if we're lucky, it's like shaking up a snow globe. We asked Patsy for some of her views on life, and yesterday after the show we were treated to something. We were talking about Megan Markle and the Royal Baby, and I merely asked, pats what do you think of them? Would you care to share your comments? No, not really, come on, you were just you looked at some video footage and I knew you'd have an opinion on her. I just knew that you weren't a fan.
Speaker 5: No, not that I'm not a fan. I just I don't know. I don't know if she's genuine.
Speaker 1: Now what is that based on?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just see the actress all the time. I'm not sure if that's really Megan.
Speaker 3: Do you think she's acting the whole time she's in this room?
Speaker 4: Well, I just don't know if she's down to where I don't know.
Speaker 1: Here were the exact words said to Jack and I yesterday in the studio. I just saw the way she put her hand on his back, and.
Speaker 4: I don't know, you know, looked fake, the.
Speaker 1: Fa best of all, no comment. Now she's yelling at.
Speaker 5: Us it looked fake, and I hope it's not, because obviously Harry's absolutely chuffed and I'm so happy for him. Yeah, you know, his mum and everything. He deserves happiness, and I just hope it works.
Speaker 4: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Now, why do you think she's fake? Because I think that. I think they come across as a very lovely couple.
Speaker 4: They're very in love.
Speaker 1: Her story as well, you know, with her dad and her family, the brother horrible, you know, awful. She all that she seems to do real dignity, and she's clearly trying to distance herself from her family and for any chance of her I don't know how a marriage. It marriages hard anyway, any relationship. But then when you're in this giant reality show. The world's biggest reality show, way bigger than the Kardashians, is the British royal family. It's big all over the world and everyone's analyzing every single photo, people like you, judging them just based on a video clip when you've just pushed a baby out of your Oh look where she's put her hand. I just see the actress.
Speaker 4: I don't know. It just looked fake to me.
Speaker 1: Well, she's tired, she's just you know what it's like. You've given birth, you must have just exhausted. And then suddenly there's cameras everywhere and people go be analyzing how you look. You look tired, Do you look washed out? Do you look overwhelmed?
Speaker 5: But that's what you marry into, you know what you're marry into. She's a very intelligent woman. She knows what's in store.
Speaker 1: Patsy doesn't like her.
Speaker 3: But perhaps if you say they're very much in love, you believe they're in love.
Speaker 5: What's the dact I just I think when she's in front of the camera, I think she just slips into that actress mode.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure, but they all do. Harry will have his mode that he goes into. They're playing characters, aren't they. In this strange kind of show in front of us. All the royals do that. You see there were that Kate talks sometimes as well. They you know, they're in front of the cameras. How can you not put that? She's not just gonna go, Oh my god, I'm so sore. Do anyone got any vasseline for my nipples? They're really sore at the moment, I'm leaking saying I'm leaking. Someone help me. I'm actually leaking. I need to go and have a dump right now as well. So let's wrap this up and then you're gonna go. She's so she's loughing. Okay, headline here, Patsy hates Meghan.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get on the phone. I'm going to get her on the phone next week. I know, Harry, I'm going to get her on the phone next week for you two to have it out. There we go, and that's this week's Patsy's views on life.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three some emails. You can always email the show. No topic has ever left completely dead. You can join in the conversation whenever you want. We call it late to the Party, Late first Up this morning. Andrew Jones, Andy, thanks your email. Christian on the show, lates La party. You were talking about what you were going to be named if you were the other sex. I'm the only boy in the youngest of four, so they're going to have I guess they run out of girls' names. If I was going to be a girl, I was just simply going to be named Kia. That's some and eats brackets Kia Brisbane podcaster and Brisbane Podcasters.
Speaker 3: Do we ever find out if Craiggena and Waynett were real children? Did anybody contact the show to tell us if they were real and we.
Speaker 1: Should find out? When were we talking about that? Was it? Last week?
Speaker 3: Last week?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Last week? That was it? Yeah? This comes from STRAUSSI things made at school. We're talking yes on the show about the things you made at school? Do you remember? And would work and metal work Christian. I was too busy to ring yesterday. I was on the road. My mother stool has and uses the coffee table I made at school in year ten, nineteen seventy nine. That's great, nineteen it still doing. It's still there. At the time I made it, we didn't have a coffee table and she hasn't brought another one since. Brackets and she's not short of money. I love that phrase. We use that a lot. Don't tell you they're not short of money. People kind of lean in or whisper it when they say it, even though they might be in a different state and not short of money. She's not short of money brackets. Some might there looks a bit out of place in a quite modern house, but it does make me feel quite proud. Whenever I go around, do you reckon? She has got a bit of coffee table right, But whenever STROUSSI the sun comes around, she's nice here. Now he's putting up, put up, get it out, get it out, to break it? That flimsy thing. Another one to hear from Muriel, What strange thing you do in the shower segment. I love when people refer to segments. My dad still refers to a show as an episode. I was listening to the episode the other day, Season one episode, Good morning Christian. Yesterday you had a gentleman by the name of and for Me that called in to say his girlfriend showered with her parrots. Great memory. Yes, he was called Anthony with an h. I just want to say that this is perfectly normal behavior. Yeah, Yesterday, Anthony called in about his girlfriend. Three parrots that get in the shower, and they don't just sit there sort of staring at his girlfriend. They open up their wings and shower and clean it under their sort of parrot armpits. We have four parrots that we regular regularly have a shower with, two at a time, otherwise they'd all fight. Two of them are bullies. Two of them love to sit on your finger and virtually go into a deep meditative state whilst getting drenched with all the mist. I would get through a parrot's and their natural habitat. It reminds me of may me being in some kind of rainforest the canopy, wouldn't it. But I love the fact that they're didn't their eyes go you know when you get like cats or you know, and you're took in the nameper and their eyes go and roll towards the back of the head. And there's deep state with the with the mist in the shower. One lights to bounce from your head to the top of the shower screen, hang upside down on the towel rail. What a show they're putting on? Like a circuit might come and have a shower with them. What is it? This for you guys jump up on the shower head then jump back on your head. I mean you could go and America's got talent with this. The other one puts her grumpy face on and sits on the top of the shower screen, not taking in sometimes so Christian, I don't want to say totally normal shower behavior. Oh, for the record, in case any of you are wondering, wet bird smells exactly like wet on That is great. I wasn't. I don't think anybody else were wondering, but now you mention it. It's good to know that wetbird smells up wet dog. Don't ever say you don't learn anything from this breakfast show. Okay, we now know that wet parrots smell exactly like wet dogs. Muriel and your lovely feathered friends. Thank you very much. If you every want to email me, it's Christian at Gold one at four to three dot com dot AU.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three On.
Speaker 1: This day, mystery, on this day, on this very day in history. I did not know the story, and I'm a massive Rolling Stones fan. Decca Records signed up the Rolling Stones on the recommendation of George Harrison. Oh really, he said, hey, listen, you should sign up these guys. They're really good. They are young bands, London bands called the Rolling Stones.
Speaker 3: Was it much beef between Red Stones and Beetles? I thought they were so.
Speaker 1: Later on, yes, you can imagine you're vein. You're both very famous that. You know, you've got the Beatles, who were kind of like your clean pop band, look at the way they dressed. And then you've got the dirty, kind of ruggedness of our blues rock and roll band like the Rolling Stones with Jagger and Richard's. You know, they were genuinely almost at times frightening to wide stream society in Britain at the time in the sixties and seventies.
Speaker 3: Then George Harrison stand over to them and go, I made you guys, you would have been here without me.
Speaker 1: You owe me, You owe me his payback. Mick, I know you're in the hospital bed right now, recovering from heart surgery, but I never forget. Actually, George Harrison was one of my favorite Beatles. If you ever listened to any of.
Speaker 3: His solo album yea, I love his songwriting.
Speaker 1: Honestly, If you dig out if you're a Beatles fan or you've never heard of any of George Harrison's soda stuff. All Things Must Pass is an amazing, amazing album George Harrison album. He did some really really cool side projects. Anyway, The big thing I want to talk about today also on this day in history, we go to the world of sport. We go to the world of sport. A big sporting upset happened on this day in history. What do you think the sporting upset was.
Speaker 3: Not the Australian gold medalist Stephen Bradbury when everybody else fell down.
Speaker 1: No, it's not that it's a big sporting upset. What do you think happened on this day in history? One of sport's biggest upsets? Nine four one O four three with you guess.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three two about yesterday on the show when we're talking about things you made at school, do you remember we were I read out an email from a guy who made cufflinks.
Speaker 3: Yes, Gold played it in metalwork.
Speaker 1: He's just sent me a photo of them. They are over twenty years old now they look like the kind of things that would have been used in a musket during the American Civil War. They do not resemble cufflinks. Firstic, They're just amazing. They do almost look like paper fastness. You know the things you get what are they called, I believe they're called treasury tags where they you put them through with that top right hand corn chop, left hand corner of a load of papers or something like that. But they do not look like cufflinks.
Speaker 3: They look like something if you go to a museum that they dug out from an archaeology. I feel like, many many years ago, we.
Speaker 1: Will put them up. There's quite a few of you've actually sent photos of the things you made at school. You still we put them all up on our Facebook page. It we'll add these O C one O four three on this day, mystery on this day. So it made the tenth on this day in history, in the world of sport, there was a big sporting upset. What do you think it was? It's got a nine sex and guests this good morning, Shane.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there you going.
Speaker 1: I'm good. So you've had a good week, Shane.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it made pretty crazy, pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Pretty crazy and looking forward to the weekend. Yeah, always, always, and what do you think it was the world of sport, huge upset on the stain in history.
Speaker 3: Uh have to be the America's Cup. We took up this Yanks.
Speaker 1: You did. It was an amazing story that and it's such a big deal for them as well. And they even call it the America's Cup Erica, like they call the baseball Series the World Series when it's just for American teams to play. Shane's not the right answer, but nice, guess, have a great weekend, mate, all right, Kevin's on the nine. Good morning, Kevin, yay, Christian, how are you? I'm good, mate, I can hear the end of the hazard. Lights are on. You're pulled over in the rain.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm right now. Worries, I'm I'm Bluetooth, good man?
Speaker 1: Is that is that a code name? Born identity? I'm I'm pray too. I don't know. Oh that's a that's a smoker's laugh there, lovely. All right, And Kevin, why happened I say, agent Bluetooth, What do you think happened on this day in history?
Speaker 8: The ending of the Fuddy Show?
Speaker 1: Of course, sporting upsets topic or very good Kevin, it is on this day in history that is in use today, but it's not the one we're looking for. Kevin, have a good weekend.
Speaker 8: Thank you, have a good day.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Bluetooth take care, he's always out there, agent Bluetooth. No say world a sport. People are going to get angry. Now we go to the story in nineteen ninety seven, what a big upset in the world of chess when the twelve time World chess Grandmaster Gary Kasparov was beaten by the IBM computer Deep Blue.
Speaker 3: No wonder nobody got it?
Speaker 1: Now? Please, I cross reference two different websites, CNN, a global news gathering saucer you would respect, Patsy Yes, yes, and also the New York Times both classified the story as a sports story. I didn't believe that chess is a sport.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe at a stretch, chess of the sport, but then too play a computer that's not a sport.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: It was the last of their six games. He'd already lost two to the computer. They drawn three, and get this right, after nineteen moves, he just quit. But they don't call it quitting in chess. In that box and they can say he quit on his stool. He resigned, Yes, knock over the he resigned. He wasn't even beaten. It was, apparently, in the word of chest an easily playable position. He could have HEAs a grand chess master that widely regarded as the greatest chess grand master ever, Gary Kasparov from Russia. But he just quit. And then he walked out, and the cameras grabbed her on the way out, and he just simply said, straight down the bowl of the camera, I've lost my fighting spirit.
Speaker 3: So he's that it for his career.
Speaker 1: That was it. Oh yeah, it's a strange story.
Speaker 9: Chess.
Speaker 1: I would never consider chess a sport. They don't have to do any kind of real other than playing the game sat down. You don't have to do any training or you don't have an outfit for it.
Speaker 3: You got to train, you have practice.
Speaker 1: You're not like you think about like think about AFL, think about boxing or MMA. They've got to go and do like road work, They've got to do the running, the stretching, the weights. You don't have to do any of that for chess. There's no kind of cross training or specialized training you need to do for the order. You don't even need to change his shoes. That's another in my mind. If you need to change your shoes, it's a sport. In fact, you heard it here first, so that's another thing you learned today's show. Now only do wet parrots smell like wet dogs? That chess is apparently a sport.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: I love Crawf all right, since I'm going to know him and he's become a good friend as well. However, he is not the sharpest tool. He has just sent me a text. We often swap text before he comes in about what we might talk about. He's actually texted me this morning. Better money texted me at half ten last night saying footy show's been axt. He sent me a text saying when I'm in, ask me about the footy show. Oh oh oh, yes, of course, mister journalist. I never would have thought about that. Yes, do you mean the lead news story? Would it amazing if I got him in and never mentioned about what is it this country's biggest, longest running sports show on the longest running sports shows in the world that he's been heavily involved in for years. That got axe yesterday.
Speaker 3: Not even twenty four hours ago.
Speaker 1: I just go, hey, you lost that bet. The d's beat you last weekend. You need to cut my grass. Anyway, what's going on this weekend? You're looking for a job. You say, Oh, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: What's Ryan Reynolds like in real life?
Speaker 1: Ask me about the footy show so crossing just after eight this morning life. We'll get into it then with him coming up to the next half an how though, I've been looking forward to this all morning. We are going to be taking calls about crazy teachers. Everyone remembers the crazy teacher you had at school. You remember their name, It's burnt into your memory forever. What's your story? Who's the crazy teacher? What do they teach? What did they do? Nine four one four one oh four three? We're taking a cause.
Speaker 2: Next the Christian O'Connell breakfast show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three so one a wonder from the eighties. It is a strange song. Michael Simmelo and Maniac. There's a maniac at the door. What's the maniact doing? Dancing like she's never danced before? Hello, police, what do you worry about a maniac? What are they doing? Are they armed? Now? They just have They're dancing that they've never danced before. We're talking about crazy teachers this morning. Good on. It's to Christian O'Connor break for showing gold one I four point three Kevin on Facebook, Christian we a crazy mass teacher called mister Brown who kept three pet snakes can our country? Is this in the top drawer of his desk?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 1: Every now and then he just randomly whipped them out during the class. It was terrifying. It would be all right, Jack, You've got a great story as well about a crazy teacher.
Speaker 3: As was our language teacher, Miss Ci, who when the class is talking, she would yell silence or I'll kill you.
Speaker 1: What silence? Or i will kill you.
Speaker 3: It was almost air catchphrase because she would say it so often.
Speaker 1: Silence, I'll kill you, especially if it's a language teacher, because often they would say with an inflection or the accent as well, sounds like a Steven Sigar movie title straight to DVD, silence or I will kill you. Let's go to lines. Crazy teacher this morning nine four one four one oh four three Richard, good morning, Good.
Speaker 7: Morning, christ Yeah, we had a feature called mister Mahler, and when we're in his classroom, he'd ever transist the radio and a form guard and when each was stents to be quiet and he listened to it. If he won, it was all good. But if he lost, okay, oh.
Speaker 1: We just imaged to pick that up with a bad reception. But it sounded like you had a heavy gambler as a teacher. The keyword the transistor radio.
Speaker 7: And the funny thing was pea ladder. I saw him cheese ladder in a football match and went to sate Laida women. I had some fish and chips in me in. He just wanted to with the chip end of men.
Speaker 1: That's great, Richard, thank you very much for colling in. Have a good weekend, buddy. It's clock transistor radios. Do you remember at footy games you would have had this as well before we had phones. How it's the same with soccer in the UK on a Saturday afternoon when it was all the same, when it was just like a Saturday afternoon one kick off three o'clock, the heyday of sport, and the only way you would know what the other schools were there'd be some loon with the transistor radio held to his head. He go well Hampton the nosing and people would go yay or depending on what the vested intis. Here will be the guy telling you what the schools were.
Speaker 3: My dad was the guy with the traveler at local footy.
Speaker 1: Like I said, some loon with a transister radio. We all have them. Trevor, Good morning, Good morning, Christian, good morning mate, Welcome to the show, Trevor, tell us what you're crazy Teacher.
Speaker 6: Nineteen seventy four, Boxhill High School was Form one which is now Year seven had a messageacher called Jimmy Duncan with the thickest of thickest Scottish accent, so he's hard to understand anyway. He'd wander around the classroom and occasionally he'd give you a clip around a year hold and say you slacker, you slacker, you slacker. But his best traite was he'd come in cuffing on a cigarette. He'd have a couple of pats and then cut the end off the cigarette and then put it back in his pocket. Twenty minutes later the same thing. Light up a cigarettes, have.
Speaker 8: A couple of puffs and cut.
Speaker 7: The used big bobs so to speak, back in the pocket.
Speaker 6: You probably did that four or five time during the one hour Mets class.
Speaker 1: Amazing. That's great, Trevor. Thank you very much mate. You have a great weekend. Thanks for caring you too.
Speaker 6: Love the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Trevor. Cheers. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three Friday after eight this morning, not long now, ten minutes time. Stand by your phone so it could be calling you. You could be getting the five thousand dollar call. Last Friday, we had the biggest winner I've ever had in my radio career. Do you remember her if you were listening, she was incredible, all right, So the five thousand dollar call coming up just after eight, ten minutes time. So we went crazy teachers right now on the show, Christian. I've got a crazy teacher story of o my dad. So I went to the same school that my dad went to when he was a kid. He had a teacher called mister Martin Junior, and he was a horrible woodwork teacher. And when my dad was there, sorry, when my dad was there, he had mister Martin Sor. I was taught by the teacher's son, mister Martin Junior. One day at school, my young dad had to keep watch for teachers so the other kids could smoke around the back of the bike sheds. Mister Martin Senior caught the kids smoking, but they all ran off apart from my dad who got left behind. Anyway, mister Martin Senior was so angry he threw a hammer up my dad, which hit the wall next to where my dad was stanning eving like an Indian kind of tomahawk.
Speaker 3: Or and why's he got a hammer though, braiding.
Speaker 1: The school grounds with a hammer just in case, and he's to throw it at a kid. My dad always hated him for this, and he didn't refused to speak to his son who taught me mister Martin Junior at any parents who did. We got the long hell grudges coming into that one as well. Christian we had one of those emergency filling teachers. We figured he must have This guy we owned for a week, mister Gravestein. Of course we called him either mister Gravestone or mister Frankenstein. We figured he lived on a farm because he was filling and teaching us electronics. One day, for no reason, he brought in a huge bucket that held a that had a lamp plas center in that he brought in frostist Gore pat in the middle of an electronics class, a lamb pla center. What where do they get these humans from? He used to unleash us. But aren't our lies better for these crazy teachers kids? Now, my kids don't have any stories like this. These crazy people, with these psychos that used to teach us, they make our lives better. Lee, good morning Leaf. Sorry, oh sorry, leech, leech, thank you calling? And what's your story about a crazy teacher? Well?
Speaker 9: I had a couple. There were quite friendly teachers. Was my art teacher mister Jones, very small and wiry, and his friend was science teacher whose name I can't remember, who was tall and gaunt. And my art teacher mister Jones was very enthusiastic, and when he'd get carried away into class, he would leap up onto the table and stride along them, waving his arms about, occasionally even getting into a bit of a jog. But he certainly got his points across. And my science teacher used to think nothing of hurling chalk or dusters at rocklciltran students and I particularly remember one lesson our biology lesson when we were dissecting rats and one of the boys was not paying attention, so he picked up the rat and threw it at him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I used to have the flying chalk as well, in that big wooden sort of brick that used to clean the chalk board with. We had to teach mister will and he used to throw it at you. If you ducked, you'd have to sit back up and throw it at you again until he got a body shot on you. All right, least, thank you very much. She got time for one last one. Mark, Good morning, Good morning Christian and crew. Good morning Crew. Well Mark, well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, very good, thank you. Okay, well she just pulled up to work, so I've got a few minutes.
Speaker 1: Good man. Okay, We're happy to kill a few minutes with you. What's your crazy teacher story?
Speaker 8: Okay, back a Mountain Gate Primary school forty odd years ago, we had a seacher called missus Miller, and she'd get us to sit down. She'd pick a student from the class, get and to lie on the school table, put a sheet up and all you can see the person's feet and their head sticking up, and then she pretend to remove a bone from their leg and then hold his butcher's bone up and scare the pagetas there as a kid, and then she pretend to put the bone back in again.
Speaker 3: What was she teaching it was?
Speaker 8: It was a grade one grade too, so there was a general general class because I can't I can't remember the concept of why do.
Speaker 1: Mark? It was a one woman horror show. Yeah, yeah, before there was Saw, there was this friend to tay for horror movies. Mark, thank you very much for coll mate. You have a great weekend thanks to co on the show You Do. My daughter Ruby's has texted me going, Dad, we're listening right now. On the way to school. We did have a crazy teacher. I remember a couple She's reminded me of what happened a couple years ago where she had nightmares and there were complaints about this. Get this. Then there was a humanities teacher back in England who thought we had a great idea for a lesson to talk about flying and how dangerous it is. They showed them the opening twenty minutes of the TV show Lost, which has the most graphic plane crash. I mean, it's horrific people being ripped out of the seats in the sky to a load of then eleven year old girls and boys were crying nightmares for weeks. It was a nutma. So it's good to know that there are crazy teachers still out there.
Speaker 2: The first time O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three, No word of a lie. The recently fired Shane Crawford is waiting to come in a studio five minutes time. Take a look through the window, Jack, Look at the way he's dressed since he's since he's been on this show. He comes in so smart he gets canned yesterday even on the footy show. Can you tell him? I don't need to copy the Big Issue.
Speaker 3: He looks like he's gonna mug us with the cutoff sleeves.
Speaker 1: He's come back from Kentucky. No one looking like Eminem's older brother. Hey, Crop, listen, the eighties have called. They need that top back. All right, he's trying to do this.
Speaker 2: Are you ready for Christian O'Connell fifty thousand dollars phone Frenzy?
Speaker 1: All right? So the fifty thousand dollars phone Frenzy where every hour between nine o'clock on the Breakfast Show up until five o'clock with Gavin Miller. Your chance to get on my contacts list. And every Friday we do this. We call one of you up on the contacts list. Hundreds of you on it this morning waiting for a call. It is me calling, and you get five thousand dollars. Last week's winner was an epic. I think she's still actually screaming. Now. All right, then, so we're ready to call someone. Now you've got the number.
Speaker 3: I've just been headed the envelope her name.
Speaker 1: No, remember, we're not going to do this forget, because then anyone who isn't called that goes What's not me? I'm going over to Fox.
Speaker 3: Okay, the number is going in there, becaeen button.
Speaker 1: All right, this is live. If your phone starts ringing, it's us pick up.
Speaker 8: Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 1: Hello Hello college no Christian Hello, Hello, Paultte, Yes it is yep. Do you know what I'm calling you? So you've won five thousand dollars? Oh my good, yep, well done you the city you're this who week's five thousand dollars? Cool winner, Well done, Paulltte.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you very much Oh my goodness, money, that's amazing, thank you.
Speaker 1: That's all right. Hey, listen, you know last week's winner gave us this. I'm gonna need. I'm going to need a bit more from you, Paul itt. Okay, so let's just do that again, otherwise it will sound bad over the weekend promo that this radio station will play every ten minutes. So let's just do it again. Then you go berserk. Okay, okay, this is why are the radio stations pre recorded. But anyway, hey, Paulette, you have won five thousand dollars. Good o. Better better, that's a better promo for the weekend cuts. Hey, listen, well done, Paul. What are you going to do with your cash?
Speaker 9: Well, the central part of me says, we'll put it towards the home minnows. But the other part of me says, family holiday sounds great.
Speaker 1: Nice too, short take the family holiday, okay, yes, yes, and day all right, well done, okay, thanks for taking part in the fifty thousand dollars phone frenzy.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: All right, make my pleasure, have a great weekend. Enjoy spending your money.
Speaker 9: I will thank you so much.
Speaker 1: All right, It starts again after nine o'clock on the Breakfast Show this Morning. Coming up next the newly unemployed Shane Crawford, The.
Speaker 2: Christian oho'connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So the big news story today, we're all up to speed. It's the footy show. Last night got axed. And obviously I came to the country almost a year ago and saw what the show was then and then they try to revamp it. But I know from everyone talking on the team this morning, this is an end of an era. This is a TV show that a lot of you grew up watching. It was your TV show, and so it's it's a moment. And Crawf is in This Morning Live right now. You're obviously a massive part of the show over the last time.
Speaker 10: I'm responsible for the moment for it being zex. Yes that's right, No. Seven hundred and thirty five episodes. It's incredible five years and yeah it's all done finished from last night.
Speaker 1: So so what happened last night? Because I turned my phone on This Morning's Attention to you last night at ten thirty five, pretty show's been axed and I said, all right, is he after money? Does he want to come on five days a week? Now? Does he need work on a Thursday night? There's a red rooster hiring at the moment for a grill boy.
Speaker 10: I was thinking, I think I I made a quick trick back from America just to be part of the.
Speaker 11: Show last night.
Speaker 1: That's amazing commitment.
Speaker 11: Well it is, and I'm thinking, why did I do that?
Speaker 1: I should have just stayed.
Speaker 10: In America a few more weeks off.
Speaker 1: But how did you find out yesterday?
Speaker 11: Well, obviously we did the show because.
Speaker 1: Now and he just signed off and so we see you next week. That's us.
Speaker 10: Yes, And I had to do a segment on the show, and then had to talk about Ryan Reynolds, which was meant.
Speaker 1: To be a flip Detective pikerchif stuff, that's all you've been training for like three weeks. And then my Reican Detective Pikachu has killed the foot shot.
Speaker 10: Possibly, Yes, you're right, And then we spoke about the Kentucky Derby, and then I thought, I'm going to go home now again.
Speaker 1: All the big sort of AFL talking points up. Detective Pikachu. Why did the show get asked?
Speaker 10: That's a very good point. Actually, when you you should be producing this show. So then I've gone home and then I'm actually lying down, almost asleep in my phone rang and I'm like, I never normally had my phone on. I normally turn it off, and I'm like, hang on, that's the boss from Channel Line.
Speaker 1: Never a good call, lett know. I like, what have I done? America? Wasn't that bad?
Speaker 10: And then I thought, do I ring him back? No, I'll ring him in the morning. I'll just let him hang for a bit. And I thought, no, actually no, I'll ring him now. And he just said, yeah, I've just had a meeting with everyone, called all the workers, all the cast, and just told them that the show's been sacked. And I went, okay, interesting, Can I go back to bed now? I'm very tired, a bit jet legged.
Speaker 11: So yeah, So it's an end of an era, which is it's very sad.
Speaker 1: N see at the fault of any of the team that they tried to use as well. I thought, I thought it was a good show and they did the best.
Speaker 11: No, this year, it was we all knew behind the scenes.
Speaker 10: This year was trying to stem the fly because I've been dropping over the last few years.
Speaker 11: We've had a lot of change and.
Speaker 1: The last biscaping TV and the front bar has come along in the last couple of years. It's changed, TV has changed and how people watching now. From when you launched twenty five years ago.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it used to be crazy, out of control and.
Speaker 1: That would have been the only footy show. There was no competition or.
Speaker 11: No, that's right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, back then there's only a couple of channels. These days there's fifty zousand channels and obviously mobile phones and so forth. So you're just trying to do your best. We're trying to stem the flow. And then a lot of change and viewers, you know, they've been so loyal to that show for a long long time, and eventually you just go, Okay, it's time to move on.
Speaker 11: Everything's gone in a different direction.
Speaker 10: So it was all about trying to stem the flow, hang in there and then hopefully rebuild. But look that the ratings were just dropping off each week dramatically, and in TV, especially with a big station like Channel Line, it's just unacceptable.
Speaker 11: So we all knew it. It wasn't a surprise.
Speaker 1: If you weren't surprised and you found out last night.
Speaker 11: No, not at all.
Speaker 10: I was surprised that the show went on this year because you know, the last few years it had been dropping away. But you know, I give a lot of credit to Limo and Narrowly for putting their hand up and say look, we'll try.
Speaker 1: And TV to take on. I don't think anyone could have done a different job exactly.
Speaker 10: So probably the saddest thing is the people behind the scenes. Some of them have been there for twenty five years, working so hard in putting a show together, and not only that a live shot, which is not easy to do.
Speaker 1: But I'm sanny a show that did a lot of good things as well, with some of the stuff you did on thore was incredible, really funny bits.
Speaker 11: Well, there was a couple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like a pause, right, let me clear the app break. When you come back, have a think. I want to know what your top five footy show moments. You're putting me under pressure, Okay, I won't to give you five minutes, okay, And if you're seriously, if you've got any work on a Thursday night because Crawf is free now the rest of the season.
Speaker 11: I don't. I don't. I'd like to just go on a long holiday already had one.
Speaker 1: You're in the jungle for four or five weeks. You come back, you go and hang out with Detective Pikachew. Then it's off to Kentucky.
Speaker 10: I have but yeah, I've been to South Africa. I've been to Tokyo, I've been America.
Speaker 1: Where can I go? Next? Home to your four Boys?
Speaker 11: Good point?
Speaker 1: All right, We're back with Crawff.
Speaker 2: Next the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: All right, I guess like it is every Friday on the show. Our AFL guy Shane Crawford is with us just before we go to the news, and I've asked to come up with his top five footy shown moments, So let's do. Uh, let's do. Let's do two of the five now before we break for the headlines.
Speaker 11: I've got no order. It's just, you know, memories, just memories that come to me.
Speaker 10: Probably probably one thing which I thought was extremely controversial and I was very embarrassed the time I accidentally pulled Sam Newman's pants down and they got a full, full close up of you know what, TV Live on team What do.
Speaker 1: You mean a full closer? Do you mean boxer shorts or no? What's in the cave.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and you know what, there wasn't much in the cave because because it was a bit scared.
Speaker 11: To come out and say hello.
Speaker 1: So at the time little Sam was sleeping.
Speaker 11: No, so what happened.
Speaker 10: Sam was giving me a hard time about Hawthorne throwing the match to Freemantle, which obviously wasn't true. And he stood there in his Freemantle gear and I thought, oh, I'll pull his pants down and obviously leave his unders.
Speaker 1: It's a classic way to deal with a hackler, isn't it. It's a any hell move we call it.
Speaker 10: It's a footy tradition, locker room tradition, you know. So then he just stood there with his pants.
Speaker 11: Down, but he's blue undies on. I think I'm blue.
Speaker 10: And then he just kept his hands up and I'm like, oh, maybe I'll go for the undies.
Speaker 11: No, don't do that.
Speaker 10: And normally in a footy club when you go for the undies, you always sort of try and cover yourself and you know, being respectful for others.
Speaker 1: Newman.
Speaker 10: So by then all the camera moon there's about five or six they zoomed in onto Sam's package underneath his undies.
Speaker 1: There's a phrase, no guy wants to head that we had to zoom in.
Speaker 11: One pixel.
Speaker 1: Apparently that's exclusive today on the show.
Speaker 10: And then as I went for the undies, I thought, surely Sam's going to go and cover, but his hands stayed up. Being a bit older, he's reflexes were a little slow, so his hands are up. So pants come down. Close up of the package, very small package, and she was an Innie, not an Audy.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 10: And then I look over and Eddie Maguire is rolling on the ground in laughter, and I'm the Captain of Hawthorne thinking, oh no, I've just oh no, I'm in massive trouble.
Speaker 11: And do you know what happened after the show?
Speaker 10: Like for the rest of the show, we had our best show ever because Trevor Marmalay brought out all these all these jokes that you could possibly bring out at that time, and Sam was super embarrassed. Sam got in trouble by all the media.
Speaker 1: Well like a Janet Jackson could a nipplegate.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I somehow got out of it. I thought Hawthorne were going to get rid of me as the captain. No one said a thing, and the bosses at channel Line said, we'll talk to you in the morning and I'm like, I'm gonna get sacked again.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get sacked.
Speaker 10: And do you know what happened? They rang and said, that's all right, keep up the good work.
Speaker 11: That was the Footy Show. Imagine if I.
Speaker 1: Did that time. Oh my god. Yeah, all right, we'll take it. We'll come back with talking about.
Speaker 2: The The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So the big story this weekend is last night the axing of end of an era the Footy Show. Rub it in, you know, just just just you know, just recapping what a moment it is and the guy who no one did more to try and save that show than the guy who, in the last two weeks has been to Kentucky and also a week before that hanging out with Detective Pikachu.
Speaker 10: What Ryan Reynolds killed the Footy Show? Did you try his interview last night? He may he may be selling movies all around the world, but.
Speaker 1: He killed our detective Picchu. Do you reckon? He's going to get doorstep by TMZ the next hour going you know you killed the Footy Show? Comments?
Speaker 10: Please Ryan, Seriously, He's he needs to feel very guilty about all this.
Speaker 1: All right, So obviously you when was the first time you would have been a player? When you first appeared on that show?
Speaker 10: Yeah, my I got asked to be on the pedal. I've never done much TV any really.
Speaker 1: And how old are you? Then had the.
Speaker 10: Peroxide blonde hair, sort of part down the middle, sort of the McDonald's sort of shape. I've seen that look undercut rats tail. Maybe it was a look back in the day, thinking I was pretty cool and had an opportunity to be part of the Footae Show because I loved watching the footy show. The Footy Show for me was great entertainment, footy, but real light entertainment. And I just remember sitting on the panel having no idea what to do. There was five or six cameras everywhere. I wasn't sure do I look at the camera?
Speaker 11: What do I do? I do I have a chat.
Speaker 1: With a panel for your first appearance.
Speaker 11: I probably did it for I probably paid them. It wouldn't have been much.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but that's where I fell in love with, you know, making TV and being a part of TV and entertaining, having a live audience and getting real reactions. That's when you know things are going well. That hasn't been too many lasts recently, but that's when you know, you know.
Speaker 1: So what's another highlight for you? Because you just did a lot of great stuff on that show.
Speaker 10: For me was Proba one of the charity run from Adelaide and then a couple of years later we followed up with the ride across a nuther Bar So that was for Breast Cancer Network Australia and these I just it was very hard, but these are ideas that I sort of presented. I said I'd like to do this, this is something that I'd love to be a part of. And Channel Line really backed me in the Footy show. And I remember a guy called Cliffy Young and he used to do the Ultra marathon races from Sydney to Melbourne and they used to run in gum boots, shuffle along the highway.
Speaker 1: He was a potato Sydney from Sydney Totain.
Speaker 11: He was a potato farmer from Colak So.
Speaker 10: I grew up a little country town and obviosly only have a couple of channels used to follow it every year and we'll go over five or six nights that they have the caravan behind them, and I always thought I want to do something like that, so I was allowed to obviously do something from a charity point of view, connecting with the country towns along the way and raising money, but you know, giving a lot of hope. That was something that I'm very, very proud of and I'll never forget the time that I ran from Madelaide to Melbourne finally got here thankfully, and Jimmy Stein's, the great Jimmy Steins, who was a Melbourne legend. He was battling cancer at the time and it was a really emotional show, so he was on prior to and Gary Lyne, who was one of the hosts of the time. You know, he was extremely emotional.
Speaker 1: Sam new video of that. I started to tear up. It was an amazing moment of you.
Speaker 10: And then at the end when I came in to finish the run, this wasn't a dry eye in the house and it was Yeah, it was. It was something really really special and obviously, you know, to make things like that happen these days almost impossible, but something that I was very proud of.
Speaker 1: Yes, incredible, because it's so hard when he had all the success you had as a play. It's very hard for players then to get excitement again anywhere near that. And you were lucky with getting involved with the footage show. I guess yeah.
Speaker 10: A lot of people go out, you know, do you like being on TV? And I said, only if I'm entertaining or interesting, you know, or we're doing something that people are going to connect with. I don't want to be on there for the sake of being on there. So that was always a great challenge with the Footagher and I remember early on I'd drive in and think, oh, how good is this.
Speaker 11: I don't know what's going to happen. You weren't allowed a part of meetings, so that's when you knew something was going on.
Speaker 1: It's love TV. People notice there's not much love TV anything.
Speaker 10: When we make a lot of mistakes, we also get things right every now and then.
Speaker 11: So that was a lot of fun.
Speaker 10: The world record attempts, I come up with an idea where we'd have a cracket some world records, silly, ridiculous world records that we're probably going to fail.
Speaker 1: How many do you actually hold? About five or six?
Speaker 10: Yes, not something that I've really proud of, to be honest, because they're all stupid. But the pie in the face one that I went for, I had Sam human. It had to hit his face from about three or four meters away. It was a big cream pies and I think the record was about forty or fifty. But at the end of it, I turned the audience into a big cream mess. So I had the biggest food fight we've ever had. It costs thousands and thousands of dollars on the set. I didn't get the bill back then channel Line would fit. Things have changed recently because they start sending you the bill these days. That's why I'm like, I'm not messing up anything. I'm not doing anything untowards. So that was a lot of fun and House of Bulger where we made a set which looked like the Ball and the Beautiful and we all thought that we could act when we were absolutely horrendous, and just the interaction with you know, your panel and your host, and that's what it was all about.
Speaker 11: It was all about the connection and fun.
Speaker 10: We'd have a go at each other that we we might have a beer or a drink after and a chat and then we all head off and it was always a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: So what are you going to do now, AFL Putty is in your blood, My life's not. Are you going to what are you going to do?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 10: I'm still contracted to Channel nine for the next couple of years, so.
Speaker 1: We're going to see you in the background of like Lego Masters cleaning up the bricks.
Speaker 11: So I'm going to be an extra on every show.
Speaker 10: I was still going to Sydney on Sundays for Sports Sunday, and I'm going to do some stuff for the Today Show. And yeah, this year, for me, I knew that we were, you know, walking on very thin ice, so I knew it was going to be.
Speaker 11: A bit of a struggle. So it's no surprise.
Speaker 1: And will you ever do another footy show again?
Speaker 11: Well, what do you mean, like like the one we've just been doing.
Speaker 1: Ye, like a different one, a new one.
Speaker 10: Yeah, possibly, maybe something on a Sunday night. I think there's a gap there. So but that's that's a long way down the track, and I think we just need to let the dust settle and hopefully we can work on something in the not too distant future. But we've just got to celebrate twenty five years and seven hundred and thirty five incredible episodes of Live Crazy TV. And you know, there's no doubt Sam Newman was. He was the reason people watched because he was so unusual and weird.
Speaker 11: He looks weird, all.
Speaker 10: That plastic surgery. But we loved him and he was he was great for our show.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, we'll take a break when we come back, then we'll finally get around to talk about this weekend's footy. How the fact the Hawks lost against the I haven't forgotten from last weekend.
Speaker 11: I've lost my moa, The.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: We're back now where Shane Crawford, Detective Picachu's best friend.
Speaker 11: He's just text me. Ryan Reynolds has just text me.
Speaker 10: He said, sorry, I've got you a part in my next movie, dead Pool three, whatever character you would like.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about this weekend's action. Then what do you think about this weekd First of all, we should talk about Roughhead been down.
Speaker 10: That's Jared Rufford being dropped from the Hawks team. He was captain last year. He's played well over two hundred games. He's a sensational player. But yeah, the little angry coach has decided, now, I'm not happy with the performance lost to your team last week in the dying minutes of course, so yes, he said no, I'm not going to accept that, and.
Speaker 11: He'll bring some young kids in some enthusiasm.
Speaker 10: What that does is when you're op a scene you play like that, everyone stands up nice and straight because they know that they could be.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 10: So they could actually be half a chance against GWS this week. The Hawks, especially when you make a statement like that, Richmond are playing Freemantle. Richmond are outside is against free me free Metal. They're traveling west, so it is an advantage to free Metal, but they're Freemantle, like Freeman.
Speaker 1: That good. Come on, let's get you squinched your face out and then spart.
Speaker 11: Those rich Men. They are a good team. They had a shoka last week. And when we have a shoka, what do we do.
Speaker 10: We look in the mirror and we go yep, okay, I need to fix a few things, and that's what you do. So I'm expecting Richmond as outsiders to go over there and get the job done. So get them into your footed tips. Carlton Collingwood two arch rivals. I think it'll be reasonably competitive, calling it a win. But everyone thinks it's going to be a wiping. I don't think so. I think it'll be reasonably competitive. And Sydney is it in your mob. Sydney desperately need to in Esterton, need to continue a bit of momentum. So that's set the CG tonight. You have to go up there and get the job done.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 3: It's weird to see Swans on the bottom of the ladder, isn't it, because.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but it's also nice.
Speaker 1: It's not the D's anymore. There's actually I think two teams beneath us now, whereas we've been right down the bottom. Then I think it's good to.
Speaker 11: Have different teams down the bottom when.
Speaker 3: You start counting how many teams are under you, you know.
Speaker 1: That's how the d season's gone so far.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 10: But they had a win last week. Yeah, so you just never know the second half of the season might be positive. And if anyone out there is listening, I'm looking for a job, preferably not on a shovels.
Speaker 1: All right, Cora, listen, thank you very much for coming in. Well done for all the great TV you would have given people, and so much joy on that show. You should be very proud of it. There are not many TV shows. When you hear when you heard, you say it's been on for twenty five years. There won't be another TV show that has a twenty five year run. The world of TV has just changed now and evolved, and how we do TV has got to change as well. But mate, you should be very proud of what you did on that show and that that final interview that is your your way out. Yesterday we're Detective Pika two that needs to go in a museum somewhere. You know, A fine moment of footy reporting.
Speaker 11: To Tike do picka two kill the Foody Show.
Speaker 1: We'll let that be the final word.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 12: Three Yeah, brand new winning song as we start a brand new contacts list over the next seven days and God one I four point three for our phone Frenzy OMD if you leave, we'll be playing between.
Speaker 1: Now and ten o'clock right now. Today's last that work times of the week. We'll all talk about crazy teachers. We're staying with the school and it's school bands. I've got will I exam that's good will. I exam one detention, hor monitor and oats good chalking heads, chalking heads, Abbatkus love Patsy and finally panic at the exam, Panic at the exam one for the kids. What have you got mate? You need to end on a high this week. You're becoming the rough head of the show. We need to what's the radio version of the VFL that radio station that we own up in Darwin that was in your contract where if it went southwards here you would be shunted up there.
Speaker 3: Blink one eight two plus two is four brilliant.
Speaker 1: He's back, baby, He's back.
Speaker 3: The artist formerly known as Principal Know.
Speaker 1: Someone get the paddles, clear Jones, jet and the blackboards. He's back in the game. I'll finish there a send us yours and the best one we get. We got double pass to go and see Muriels wedding. The musical textials in then school bands oh four seven five O three one oh four three. Text number for today is at work time waster on gold one oh four point three is oh four seven five O three one oh four three school bands will mark them in ten minutes time. After this collection of musical song the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Christian, I was wondering how the phone frenzy works. Do I call nine four one four one oh four three during the winning song to get on your contact list? Is that hurt works? Is this from the boss to get me to mention it every hour? Nice move boss, okay, and I'm not falling for that one, but yeah, that is how it works. And it's omd if you leave me now this hour. All right, let's find out who is winning the last double past the week to go and see the all Sam Murials who were in the musical. We're looking for your school bands this morning on the atwork time waste tons coming in. Thank you very much to everyone is doing this. We love doing the outwork time waste every day. All right. First up the blackboard piece silver one on Glenning Bundora pet Shop, pet work shop boys.
Speaker 3: Our workshop is gotcha yeah, silver, the whiteboard stripes, David Croydon Silver.
Speaker 1: Tina Turmover. I like that. I like that a lot. That is very good. Mark in Thornbury Acpe Gold. He's dressed like a schoolboys, aren't we? Then acpe Moza in Cranbourne. Well done, math Box twenty silver plus Janice, well done, Deep pupil, It takes while to get that one want to get that. Noral Well done, men at would work. That's good silver plus zz top of the class, Silver, Fleetwood MacBook, Oh modern.
Speaker 3: Those damn schools are get blacks. Yeah, Bronze out of SPI.
Speaker 1: Tenacious D minus, must try harder gold, very good, Liam, Guns and Rulers. Nah, I like that gold dust, Springfield silver, lead, Pencil, Zeppelin silver, Humanity's Nature silver plus, exam Halen silver plus, Desk, Leopard gold, just a fern tree, Gully World done, Elton, Jim Gold, Tuck Shop Boys, that's better Gold Martin, well done, Bob Marley and the Erasers.
Speaker 3: What's the real name of the ben Whalers?
Speaker 1: Silver, Graham tough Blackboard, Sabbath silver plus or into the final two Fleetwood maths simple effective, gold, pseudo economics.
Speaker 3: That can have the tickets?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Rachel and Brackets, well done. You can treat your mum this. He came to the Joyce Muriels winning the musical now playing at Her Majesty's Theater. Book your tickets at TICKETEP well down.
Speaker 2: Everyone the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Got some emails here late to the party from Matthew Flink, great name Flinky, Hi Christian, fairly lenk law party on this one. But I'm talking about grudges that you've held. It's kind of silly, but I held a bit of a grudge against you and Jack. What did we do Jimer last year? Elton OK, We've given away Elton John tickets and you just had to sing. Whilst I know that simply getting through did not guarant teamy to win. I was very upset when you chose creativity over talent, and that was your wording, not mine. Thinking back, I think it was this. I badly wanted to win, to take my mum to go and see Elton John. But I met I held a grudge for quite a while and I stopped listening.
Speaker 3: I do remember what he's talking about. We I think we awarded winners sometimes even if their pitch wasn't perfect, if they just gave it one hundred percent sotaly.
Speaker 1: Although I will I admit it was never enough to stop me listening for long. I came back. I still enjoy the show, and you please to know I forgive you both. Hang on a minute, listen, Flinky. All right, you can head back to somewhere else. I'm not apologizing. I stand by that, Matthew. Flink. Let me make it clear again. You weren't good enough to get the Elton John tickets, okay, and you're not getting a mug. I do not negotiate with terrorists, okay. End off, Matthew. If you've got an email for us is Christian at Gold one o four three dot com dot au the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Although that's the end of the show for us, it is not the end of the breakfast show because once more, wash you two. I want you guys to have a lie in tomorrow. That's on me. I'm back here at Live at seven am with the best of the nots of bad bits. That's right, it's now six stair week breakfast show. No one asks for it, no popular demand, but we're here anyway. I'm here tomorrow morning Live between seven and nine with the best bits of the not so bad bits, and got tickets to go, win to go and see the Gabs Beer Festival as well. That's too. On one in between seven and nine, What are.
Speaker 3: You doing a giveaway on the Saturday Morning show?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, because it's live, I can do that. Well, yeah, there you go. Won't be taking phone calls because it's I just I'd like to rest the phones when I'm doing my special show on a Saturday morning. Just do over text. Just do it over text as easier than it'd be after in between eight and nine tomorrow morning. I know that as well if I remember how I pre record it. Sorry, when I do it live tomorrow morning. All right, Ton of today's show is silence or I will kill you. Have it. Whatever you're up to this weekend, have a great weekend. We've had so many amazing stories for me this week. We do every week, but this week in particular, thank you very much all the ashes one so crazy teachers. There's been some really really great stories, so thank you very much. Always draw your support to this new show as we are only on show number one hundred and ninety two. Have a great weekend. Huggy's up next. We will speak to you when you wake up Monday morning.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four winfree