Speaker 1: Life Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people's today.
Speaker 2: This episode is recorded on Gadigal Land of the Aurora Nation right around Australia.
Speaker 3: It's the Life un Cut radio show with Brittany Hockley and Laura Burn. It is Father's Day tomorrow, so we're celebrating all dads in their glory, good and bad.
Speaker 4: Also, I will say it's too bad. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Why are we celebrating the bad ones?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Good?
Speaker 6: Point?
Speaker 4: Oh good?
Speaker 2: Oh good good good dad. Do you know who's having a terrible Father's Day? Well, I mean I don't know if it is the Father's Day in the States?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: They do? It's like ye at the start of the year.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, Idris Elba I love him, I do. He's a very handsome stun Ye. Well, he has embarrassed his daughter by not allowing her her name is a son. She's twenty years old and he purposefully did not cast her in his new movie beast. Now, could you imagine being a young actress having and in being your dad.
Speaker 4: That's not a foot in the door, that's a whole arm and shoulder in the door.
Speaker 2: And saying, hey, Dad, here's my resume, here's my audition tape. I really want to have a go and a shot at this movie, and him going no, just probably not good enough.
Speaker 4: Wait did she audition or did she not? Even she didn't have the hide.
Speaker 5: So she auditioned to play his daughter in the film.
Speaker 2: But he thought that another girl had better chemistry than.
Speaker 4: His own daughter, so he said no.
Speaker 2: He said, no, you can't even like imagine being such a bad actress that you can't even play yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, somebody else can play you better.
Speaker 4: Well, my dad, my dad didn't do a similar thing.
Speaker 3: He's not a director, but my dad embarrassed me greatly when I was in my formative years, like my fifteen sixteen year old.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what dads do, though, Like I think this stuff is character building.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, I don't know matter. So I was a costume party. It was a movie themed costume party, so that yeah, there's a good time. And I was dressed as a cockroach. I don't know what film I was meant to go as, but I had arms, like four brown arms.
Speaker 2: You you could have dressed as anything to go to a movie film costume party and your character of choice was a cockro I.
Speaker 4: Was blue with the fly. I was a brown Yeah, Loue the fly. I don't know what. Anyway, other girls loved it.
Speaker 3: This was when I was straight, and I'm using air quotes, that is when I was straight. And I kissed Sarah Hoggart, gorgeous woman, Sarah Hoggard, and she was dressed as an avatar, so she was bright blue, and I was in the backyard and we were on like hacky sacks bean bags in the backyard and it was like mid backing out with Sarah Hoggar making out with the avatar, Sarah Hoggard.
Speaker 5: Croaching avatar, cockroach and a blue avatar.
Speaker 3: And this is like at the point in your life when your mum and dad need to pick you up from parties, can't drive, and dad came to pick me up, and the parents must have said on mitches down the back and the bean bags with Sarah. So Dad walks down, He's looking, where's Mitch, Mitch? Mitch and he sees me macking on with Sarah hogguard and he comes up and he goes, Mitch made him.
Speaker 4: Oh god, sorry, buddy, didn't know. You can't keep going. Don't don't let me interrupt you two. You put your arm around the back.
Speaker 3: It was giving me tips because I think he had the inkling that I might have been gay.
Speaker 5: Like he was thrilled that it was a female.
Speaker 4: He was so happy. He's like, just churst and.
Speaker 2: Then he's like, no, you do you keep at it, son, good job.
Speaker 4: Wipes off some of the blue pants, like is that a woman?
Speaker 8: It is?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, keep going, son, I'll wait the car.
Speaker 2: Do you know my dad anytime we would bring boys home and my dad, my dad was an ex army major. He had guns in the house growing up, like it was, you know, safely, Yeah, it's tucked away.
Speaker 5: But he was a bit scary.
Speaker 2: I think for young boys who we would bring home and my dad, I'd introduce them and he'd.
Speaker 5: Say, you break her heart and I'll shoot you dead pan, dead pan.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't just to really mess them up. Oh my god, yeah I didn't really get her long term boyfriend and tell.
Speaker 3: Someone, how did your dad embarrass you? Thirteen, one of sixty five calls Can you beat the cockroach in the gardens? Father's Day in twenty four hours. So we're celebrating dads. And we were talking off the air before about embarrassing days.
Speaker 5: Are we celebrating them?
Speaker 2: We're really just I mean, we could have looked and a nice little segment about how wonderful dads are, but instead we thought how they embarrassed us over the years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I had my dad walk in on me cooking up with my first girl at that term me gay. What I didn't tell you was Laura. She asked me while we were kissing. She goes, are you gay? Like broke the kiss to ask me.
Speaker 5: There's nothing more arousing, is there? That's really a sad mood. You're like, maybe I am?
Speaker 4: Now I went, you know what, Yeah, I am.
Speaker 5: I think this is the defining moment.
Speaker 4: Hi, Sharon, how did your dad embarrass you?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 10: When I was in grade eleven or twelve, I had dry socket and it was I was on some pretty really heavy pain medications, but the problem was that it made me super constipated and it was so bad that I ended up using an enema at home. I didn't yeah, and I didn't know what they were meant to do, so I thought it was like instant relief, but it wasn't. So I used more than one waiting.
Speaker 2: As in you took laxatives or you put multiple enemies up your back.
Speaker 11: By Yeah, Yeah, that was I can't wait to see.
Speaker 4: How Dad comes into this.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So I obviously couldn't go to school the next day and I had an assignment like a presentation do so Dad had to call up and talk to my teacher.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: The next time I was in class, my teacher was like, oh, sous Shannon, how are you. I had a very interesting chat with your dad, and I just went bright red and he just smiled.
Speaker 11: At me and nodded.
Speaker 10: Months or weeks later, the longer, I was at like my boyfriend's house at the time, and I just randomly brought it up and he's like, oh my god, you're that student. He told our whole class this story.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Not only did your dad embarrassing your teacher, did you dirty?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 10: He told this complete other year twelve class that some students Dad told him that his daughter was.
Speaker 4: That was confidentiality. That's teacher's student breaking rules.
Speaker 5: No, and also sometimes details are not important.
Speaker 4: I agree. I agree, poor Shannon, it's a terrible daddy visceral image. All right, Taylor, wrap it up for a thirteen one I sixty five. What is your very detailed story about your dad? Embarrassing?
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 9: So I was probably about sixteen years old and my dad found my diary. They had all the details in there about losing their virginity, the day, the time, all the details.
Speaker 5: But he picked it up and read it.
Speaker 9: Oh, he had a good old read of it, Yes.
Speaker 2: And didn't stop when he got he got towards some details he probably shouldn't and does not need to know.
Speaker 5: He kept reading it, he did, but I did guess work.
Speaker 9: He then thought it would be a good idea to organize a bit of an intervention. So my parents were separated and my mum rocked up at the house and we were all sitting down at the table and dad whipped out the diary on the table.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's embarrassing, awful.
Speaker 11: So embarrassed.
Speaker 4: What did he document? What part of your life?
Speaker 6: Was it?
Speaker 4: The virginity?
Speaker 2: I'm just imagining you with your diary and notes down the side.
Speaker 3: I'm picturing password journal and he has to go, Taylor, you don't password journals.
Speaker 4: Did you ever have? No, Taylor, you had a password journal?
Speaker 11: I've seen them.
Speaker 5: I didn't have one little locket. Yeah, you're very young.
Speaker 3: Password general and you had to hold the book up to your mouth. And my password used to be Mitch Launer.
Speaker 2: Like Taylor Lautner, ninety percent of people who listened to this radio show have no idea what you're talking and pens.
Speaker 4: Oh god, that's terrible.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks for your call, Taylor talking Father's Day next, because our beloved Maddie Jay has We're celebrating.
Speaker 4: Him because there's big news for him in the world of father's.
Speaker 5: He's a very good dad. I'm very lucky.
Speaker 3: He's a great dad. And Australia agrees, but not too much. He's not that good and it's not the best. It's not the best, but he's very good. He makes it on the list anyway. Well, unpacking that after a show favorite.
Speaker 7: Ask.
Speaker 2: So ask gun Cut is what we do on every Thursday episode of the podcast. It is a show favorite and it's where you, guys right in your deepest, your darkest and your burning questions and we do our best to answer them.
Speaker 4: Why are you laughing advice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean, like, I mean, obviously it's solicited advice. People ask for it, but doesn't mean it's particularly good advice.
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: We try, it's enthusiastic, all right. The question for today is I'm in a tricky situation. I've been on four dates with a guy and it's been going so well. He is so fun, he's so nice, and he is really really sexy.
Speaker 5: Ding ding ding.
Speaker 2: However, he is a truly terrible kisser, and I don't know how to look past it. My question is, what do you do about a bad kisser? Can I help fix this? Or do I have to cut my losses? No?
Speaker 3: No, no, maybe this is my internal I love that I've jumped straight in with.
Speaker 4: I've got this is for you.
Speaker 5: Ben's jury, what you do?
Speaker 4: You can fix that one.
Speaker 2: It's pretty offensive though, when someone says to you like, oh God, can you use less tongue? Like it's just you know, no one wants to be told that they're a bad kisser.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I guess it depends on what level of bad, because too much tongue can be fixed, but not enough is a confidence issue.
Speaker 4: You know. It says a lot, but about someone.
Speaker 5: I'd never thought of it like that, because if you're using.
Speaker 3: Too much, over confident, but if you're not using enough, you don't know how, you don't know how to start.
Speaker 5: And not enough, it's kind of like you're kissing your nan.
Speaker 4: Oh nothing worse than a personally gosh.
Speaker 2: Look, I think you have to start off. Here's here's my kissing advice. I think try and manually such them into the type of kisser that you want them to be, because I feel like sometimes you can be kissing someone and you can kind of by what you're doing, show them what you like if that makes sense, and if that doesn't work, then you have to say, please stop roaming that down my throat?
Speaker 5: Or either way, did.
Speaker 4: You who leads when you kiss? Maddie, your partner both?
Speaker 2: I guess there's not one person who's like the kissing boss, like who leads when you kiss?
Speaker 4: I don't know I can now, but you're right my partner and I. It depends though.
Speaker 3: I think sometimes only the kissing and my tongue will be a bit more poky, and then his will be a bit more poky the next time.
Speaker 5: Okay, what about what side do you lean to?
Speaker 2: So there's this theory right that if you tilt your head to the right, that you're really into the person, that it's like a form of connection, that you're actually very engaged with them and you're attracted to them. But if you instinctively want to tilt your head to the left, then you there's some sort of resistance there. You're not as I mean, I mean, maybe that doesn't count for people who are left and right, Like if you're a lefty them, then maybe that's why. But no, if we have a natural side and normally it's to our right, and that indicates a strong connection.
Speaker 4: I'm always to the right now, I picture it. I'm never on my left.
Speaker 5: Imagine if you did.
Speaker 2: Though, when you think about it going kissing on the other side, it's like, oh, yeah, that's what you do if you didn't really like someone, Like, oh.
Speaker 5: Yes, make it stop faster.
Speaker 4: That's what my uncle does, Uncle Phil.
Speaker 5: When he kisses you on the right, No, he kisses me.
Speaker 4: He wants me to kiss the back of his ear. He's so awkward. You go, uncle Phil, you kiss him, and he gives you the back of his ear.
Speaker 5: That is weird, bitch Chewy. That just took a really weirdly gathering.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh hey, and then he gives you the back of his neck like he's so awkward about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's straight, that's weird. Yeah, And I don't think that you should have to tell your uncle how to kiss.
Speaker 4: It's uncle Phil.
Speaker 3: Maybe this is uncle Phil writing I never kissed my nephew.
Speaker 4: The right way.
Speaker 2: Okay, But to wrap this one up, I don't think it's necessarily a deal breaker.
Speaker 5: I do think that you can fix it.
Speaker 2: However, if you try and fix it, and it's an unfixable problem because some people just kiss differently, just like you know, every sort of like physical thing that you can do in a relationship, read between the lines. Some people are compatible and some people aren't. And I think if it comes to a point when you're just not meshing and vibing, and that's probably going to have some long term impact.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: And also just pop on a tutorial, maybe go to YouTube trying to help them. Kissing the mirror, I used to kiss the mirror, not as.
Speaker 2: A twenty five year old or as a thirty two like thirty six year old lawa just kissing herself in the mirror is probably a bit problematic.
Speaker 5: Fourteen.
Speaker 4: Fine, yeah, you're right, bad advice.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 3: If you want to get in touch, hit us up Life on Cut Podcast. They can send in the question right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can slide into the dms at Life on Cut Podcast on Instagram and maybe we will answer it terribly next week.
Speaker 3: Hit us up back after this very soon, Laura Burn, you will be doing the deed, not the deed. I'm sure you will be consummating, but you will be getting married to Maddy Jay later in the year.
Speaker 2: We will be Do people actually consummate on their wedding night?
Speaker 4: I think you'd be.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you haven't a good night, the last thing you'd want after a few drinks and some cake is to do it.
Speaker 2: I mean, especially if you've already got kids and stuff like we just want to go and have a sleep and you.
Speaker 3: Want to be celebrating with family and friends like No, I think it's very traditional to do that.
Speaker 5: Okay, So this was my question.
Speaker 2: We're speaking of what's traditional and what's not traditional anymore. Now there have been more and more people coming out of the woodwork recently.
Speaker 5: The article that.
Speaker 2: Got me thinking about this was Dua Lipa went to a wedding recently wearing all white.
Speaker 4: Oh that was this week.
Speaker 2: It was, but also that was the dress code. The dress code was all of the guests wearing white.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it was for a designer, Simone Porte Jacqua Mess.
Speaker 5: Is that how you say the name?
Speaker 4: You probably not know, but I wasn't involved.
Speaker 2: You could say Jack Miss if you don't know a lot about fashion, Jackmas.
Speaker 3: I don't know what doubt it's Jackmas anyway, he makes the little designer bags.
Speaker 4: He got married. It was a gay wedding and the theme was white. But what's the problem. She looks hot.
Speaker 5: She looks insanely hot. I would be quite upset. I think if someone rocked up at my wedding wearing this.
Speaker 3: It's also sheer, like you can see a belly button, you can see her undies.
Speaker 2: But this is what makes me think that the rules around weddings are changing, you know, like the old and okay, like.
Speaker 5: The old saying what is it? Something new, something.
Speaker 4: Something bold, something brown, something fold, something new.
Speaker 5: No, it is what is it?
Speaker 2: It's something borrowed, something blue, something old, and something new. Yes, So I looked this up recently because I was like, okay, maybe I need to tick those things off.
Speaker 5: And also, who do I get the borrowed and the old thing from?
Speaker 4: I don't know something. I've got a blue pair of reebox socks if you want to just stick them in.
Speaker 2: My brass, because trust me, these poor old girls needs some help.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: No, but did you know that that saying actually changed so back in the day, that saying used to be something borrowed, something blue, and a sixpence in her shoe. Oh, we changed it because we stopped making sixpences.
Speaker 3: So we changed it to something else, high heels that would slip right out.
Speaker 2: So that makes me think, if we can change all these traditional things about weddings, what is actually the rules now?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to be marrying a man, so tradition's out the window when it comes to my wedding.
Speaker 4: I'm not really worried about that.
Speaker 5: What do you reckon you're gonna wear to my wedding?
Speaker 4: I want to wear a skirt to your wedding. I haven't told you yet.
Speaker 5: I'm so here for it.
Speaker 4: Do I have your permission?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? Just not a white one, okay, okay, I can do that, or a brown skirt.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Here's something else that happened recently produce a key shak So producer Keisha works across our podcast. She is wonderful, amazing. I share so much about all the wedding stuff with her. She had kind of forgotten that I had shown her the dresses what our bridesmaids are wearing. Oh, and she showed me the dress that she bought, and she accidentally bought the identical dress that my bridesmaids are wearing to the wedding. And it made me think, like, am I being too controlling?
Speaker 4: Stiller?
Speaker 2: Am I being too like, oh, you know, everything needs to be the way I want it? By telling her that she can't wear that dress.
Speaker 4: Did you ask her to change?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, then may no? I might see.
Speaker 5: My gut is to say, maybe you are, but also who cares? I don't think.
Speaker 2: Do you want to come to the wedding looking like a bridesmaid when you're not?
Speaker 5: That's weird?
Speaker 4: Do you think it's a secret plan? And she'd be like, whe may as well stand up there as well? What's one more bridesmaid?
Speaker 5: Was somebody else recently who had had some wedding rules, yeah, that were compromised.
Speaker 4: It was j Lo I was invited famously.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, of course you were the one who lead the video.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 2: But she had all of her guests sign and NDA. They couldn't share anything from the wedding with ben Affleck the recent one, Yeah yeah, one of the many, one of them, but she had everyone's on an NDA. They couldn't share anything from the wedding, and somehow someone shared a video sold it for money of her singing a song to ben Athleck, and that all got Out's.
Speaker 4: See, that is wrong. That's an invasion of privacy.
Speaker 2: And I just think like when that level of superstar, when you're when privacy is so paramount to you.
Speaker 5: And also when they've done this before.
Speaker 2: You know, one of the reasons why they didn't actually end up getting married before was because of so much public interest around their weddings. So they were engaged four things, and so they've gone to extra lengths and now it's just it feels like for them that must be taken away and it's been made a little bit less special.
Speaker 3: We would you be upsetting, say, for example, I would never do it, but I put a photo up of you on your wedding day before you got the chance to post the official photos and Daily Mail publisher.
Speaker 4: She's not that I've planned.
Speaker 5: That is literally, That's probably my one rule. I don't mind.
Speaker 2: I don't mind if people like because you know, sometimes you go to weddings and they say no phones. Yes, I don't mind if people take photos. I don't mind if people post it to social media. But please just don't post an ugly photo of me before I get a chance, Like, let me post the first photo, because we all know whatever that first photo is, that's the one Daily Mail will run forever until the dawnertime.
Speaker 3: Oh god, yeah, front page. All right, how was your wedding day ruined? Let's take some calls.
Speaker 5: Who ruined your wedding?
Speaker 4: Who ruined your wedding? How did they ruin it?
Speaker 2: We are talking weddings at the moment, and somehow we got onto how Look, I've got a wedding coming up. There's lots of planning. We're trying to figure out what are the rules. But we also wanted to know how did your wedding get ruined?
Speaker 5: What did that person do?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I didn't tee this, but my uncle very quickly at my cousin Crystal's wedding, got up and wrapped any speech is that.
Speaker 5: That's fun though, that's quirky people do.
Speaker 4: She hated it. It did go well with the crowd.
Speaker 3: But then when my grandfather died the year later, he wrapped at his funeral.
Speaker 2: Way, do you know what. My best friend was a maid of honor. She said she does speech to her husband at her wedding, and she said, I like to thank all my bridesmaids. You've been wonderful and I'll definitely use you at my next wedding. Went down like a sag of potato.
Speaker 4: Oh really, I'll see that's funny. I would have loved hard.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to maddle Ite on thirteen one O sixty five. How did your wedding get ruined?
Speaker 8: Well, we were in the middle of our ceremony. It was outdoors, and all of a sudden we had mat see industrial sized sprinklers pop up from the ground and pointed straight at me.
Speaker 4: Industrial day.
Speaker 2: I do say that rain on the wedding day is a sign of good luck, So I wonder what a sprinkler is.
Speaker 4: They say that to make you feel better. It's not real.
Speaker 5: Does make the photos.
Speaker 8: We've been married for five years now, so something's going round.
Speaker 4: And you're happy. Maybe it's a sign of good sex, like you know, wet on your wedding day? Oh wow, No trying to make it feel better?
Speaker 3: No, no, I tried mad and Karen on thirteen one six five, Hi Karen?
Speaker 4: What ruined your wedding day?
Speaker 11: I ruined my own wedding day?
Speaker 8: Mitch?
Speaker 5: What did you do? Karen?
Speaker 11: I got to the start of the aisle and began to sob hysterically. I couldn't stop, which meant I couldn't speak, so I couldn't say my own vow. The man that I was marrying spoke louder when he had was given his vout. He just like took control of the whole church.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, were these happy tears or.
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 4: What these were?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 11: No? No, they weren't happy tease Laura at all. But anyway, like we didn't know about red flags way back then.
Speaker 5: I suppose that's devastating.
Speaker 11: But then to top it off, when it came time for the minister to say, who gives this bride away? So that was my dad, but the minister forgot to say that, So my dad stood there the whole.
Speaker 5: Time we got to walk away?
Speaker 10: Know what?
Speaker 11: And I capped it off the first night in our brand new house, which was only a week later. I spent that in hospital having my pandic to move.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, that is just a comedy of errors.
Speaker 4: That's a wedding week. That's awful. Poor thing.
Speaker 3: All right, Lauren wrapped this up for us. How did you ruin your wedding day?
Speaker 12: Hi? Hey guys, I set my wedding dress on fire at my reception.
Speaker 2: You said my own wedding dress on fire? Did you fling it into a candle or something?
Speaker 8: Yeah, pretty much. I was standing.
Speaker 12: I was standing at the end of my bridal table, and I had my dress straight over my arm because it was quite long, and there was a candle right next to me, and I didn't realize I got a bit too closed, and my whole train just said a light and everyone started screaming at me that I was on fire, And.
Speaker 2: You're like, yeah, yeah, my dreams, Like no, literally, how much of your dress is on fire?
Speaker 11: It was probably the last thirty centimeters of the train I reckon fire.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's he got to it with a long train. Otherwise that would have been a bad night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it would have been absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 2: Do you know what Mitch, nothing would ruin your wedding worse than marrying like a dud person, like just not being the right person at the end of the aisle.
Speaker 5: That's a pretty sure fire way to ruin your own wedding.
Speaker 4: I think divorce it's just the answer.
Speaker 3: All right, We're up next, Mattie Jays jording us because we are talking the most popular dads in the country.
Speaker 4: Maddie j has made the.
Speaker 5: List and he's always number one in my books, mis Ury.
Speaker 4: Well, not in the country's eyes. It's Father's Day tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Maddie j are very beloved, like he's our mutual partner wearing a polyamorous relationship.
Speaker 2: I mean, you do love him, and you do make him very aware of the fact that you love him.
Speaker 4: I do love him a lot. He knows I messaged him all the time. Has he said something about it.
Speaker 5: No, he just says it's cute that you love him so much.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's a different issue here that we're into unpack later, because I thought we had a great friendship.
Speaker 5: You do.
Speaker 2: I do think that sometimes I feel left out, like the third wheel of your little love affair that's going on.
Speaker 3: Well, I do love him so much that I was googling him and I found this last night. I don't know if you know, but there's a list of Australia's top ten best dads popular famous dads in Australia.
Speaker 4: So I don't really know who's doing this if it's like a TV week Woman's.
Speaker 5: Day list anyways, at reeks of who weekly? Doesn't it it's reeks of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay with the exclamation point. Anyway, Our beloved Maddie Jay is fourth on the list.
Speaker 5: Ah, I mean he's my favorite dad.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's yours.
Speaker 5: Who comes up above him?
Speaker 4: Well, I reckon we call him and tell him the news.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't know. I think he won't be very happy with that.
Speaker 4: If you think you're a pick up.
Speaker 5: It's not even an award though, is it. No, it's not got to get him to number two at least.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we should definitely get him. Let's try and get him up. I've got a plan to get him up.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hi, he am I darling.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you Annie Darling.
Speaker 4: I think that was to me.
Speaker 2: We're always competing as to who you love more. That's where we're at at this point in time.
Speaker 6: I love you both equally.
Speaker 4: Oh, good.
Speaker 5: No, it's not good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One you're marrying in a couple of months and the other just eats the food in your house.
Speaker 2: Well, I I want to let you know something. There's been a little bit of research that's gone down here and Mitch has been looking up who are the most famous dads in Australia. Although I might think you're number one, you're currently number four.
Speaker 4: Congratulations?
Speaker 6: Who's number one?
Speaker 4: Do you want to know? Number one is? Okay?
Speaker 3: So number one, I'll give you the list. So Maddy J comes in at number four. I beloved Maddy J. Number three is Adam Leoor.
Speaker 4: He won Master chefod a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: Was on SBA's Got a Cooking Show. Number two. This did shock me. Guy Sebastian, Oh no, I like that. By and Jules it'd be lovely. Number one, get this right? The most popular famous dad in the country none other than Grant Dania.
Speaker 6: He has one of gold LEGI yes, although I don't think he's on TikTok so I do be them there true.
Speaker 2: Well with the younger generation, I mean maybe this is an old Google search.
Speaker 3: Maddie, Laura and I have a plan. We want to get you to the number one spot.
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, I'm in Whatever it takes, I will do it.
Speaker 5: We have a little bit of a surprise for you.
Speaker 2: We've got some questions that we need you to answer in the most responsible dad way possible. I think is the best way of putting this, Like how would you answer these questions? Also, I think this is a good little test run to see how you're going to answer these questions when our two girls ask them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they're not far off asking these questions. So these are some of them. The Life Fund cut listeners that are children.
Speaker 5: Maddy, how did I get mummy's tummy?
Speaker 6: How did you get into mummy's tummy? It was actually a car. Acts were in the You're in the back seat, you weren't wearing a seat belt, must slammed on the brakes. You then flew to the front of the car. Luckily Money caught you with a tunny. So you work in it.
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't know if you go up the races fall and down to six.
Speaker 4: Let's get another question. Yeah, No, next one, next week, buddy, Why did money Daddy's wrestler die?
Speaker 6: The thing is, as a parent, exercise is really hard to do because you just don't have any time. Sometimes at the end of the end of the day if you haven't had your daily exercise, because we all need exercise, let's face it. And the best way to get in that thirty minutes of exercise to get the heart rate up is to do a quick little wrestle in bed to make sure that you're as healthy as can be.
Speaker 5: And wrestling is very good cardio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thirty minute seems generous, Laura. Would you say thirty minutes of exercise at nine.
Speaker 5: In wrestling, I think we're more at like the seven minute quick workout.
Speaker 6: Yes, more wrestling and the more grunting, the more exercise there is, and everyone's happy.
Speaker 2: You might get hurt in wrestling a little bit, which is why they might be some moaning groaning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, her mom, all right, the next child, maddielegs. Lamb coups come from all them chops.
Speaker 6: Can you know sometimes when you go to the Easter Show and you see your beautiful little lamb that's maybe a few months old, that's a lamb chop. They're bloody delicious.
Speaker 4: Matt, he's dropping down the least.
Speaker 7: Matt.
Speaker 2: You're not even you're not even trying. You're trying to be the world's worst most famous dad.
Speaker 6: I think it's important that we don't shelter our kids.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 5: I know what he's doing here.
Speaker 2: He knows he can't beat grand Daniel, so he's purposely throwing in the towel.
Speaker 6: Well, this is awkward.
Speaker 3: Or I thank you, Maddie Australia's thirtieth most beloved dad.
Speaker 4: I think of his plans the shame.
Speaker 3: Can we try and get Grant danyur on maybe missus out there producing Missy you know Grant Daniel from way back.
Speaker 4: Can we call him? Maybe?
Speaker 5: Think we can. But the fact that he's number one most popular dad, he might be busy for father's he's doing dad stuff. I've got his number there. I'll give him call.
Speaker 2: Maybe he can help Matt and give Matt some advice because clearly he needs it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mattie, you okay? If we get Grand up next, you happy to confront your nemesis.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think the feedback from you guys, in my opinion, has been outrageous.
Speaker 4: It's almost like you don't want the role Matt.
Speaker 2: I want to know from Grant what would he say to his kids if they asked me?
Speaker 5: LAMB chock.
Speaker 4: I agree, I agree.
Speaker 3: We'll do it with Grant Daniel, Australia's number one most beloved and adore dad, and Mattie J.
Speaker 4: Number thirty, number thirty.
Speaker 2: Father's Day is just around the corner and unfortunately Matty J has been listed by Google as the number four most famous dad. Now, we thought we would give Matt the opportunity of becoming number one most famous dad up there topping it Grant Danya, he is number one currently.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately Matt did not do too well.
Speaker 3: We tried to butt Thatt up. We tried to get him to beat Adam Leora and Guys Sebastian. Now he's right down there in the pit, but.
Speaker 5: We do we have gotten Grand Dan. You're on the phone.
Speaker 4: He got number one.
Speaker 5: He's not aware though that he is number one.
Speaker 3: First of all, a number one most popular dad in the country. Grant Dania, welcome to the show. Hello, are you kidding me?
Speaker 7: This is bloody better than winning.
Speaker 4: A lesson.
Speaker 2: Number one most famous dad in the country. I bet that as an accolade. You didn't know that.
Speaker 7: You have no No, I'm glad I do.
Speaker 6: That's a bloody good honor.
Speaker 7: I love my kids.
Speaker 6: I think I've got three of them, three.
Speaker 7: Of them, and they're all still alive, so I'm winning.
Speaker 5: You're doing an excellent job.
Speaker 2: Well, we have Maddie Jay here on the phone as well. It might come as some surprise he's also number four.
Speaker 5: But dropping rap.
Speaker 2: We asked some questions, and this is a big thing when you're a dad. Kids ask some compromising and difficult questions and you have to navigate your way around how to answer them in the most sensitive kid like way. Now, Grant, if a child, if one of your children are any child.
Speaker 4: Well I've got some Shall we see how good it really?
Speaker 5: I think we need it.
Speaker 4: Grant, we've got some questions from kids. So let's see. Maddie get a pen and paper out.
Speaker 3: And this is how a number one dad would respond to these questions from their children.
Speaker 6: So this is a you going to ask Grant the lamb question because he lives in a farm, so this will be interesting to see.
Speaker 3: This is the one I want to know, you want the lamb question.
Speaker 4: This is a from a child to listen to Grant, Maddie. Lambs, lamb chops come from.
Speaker 7: That is our beauty.
Speaker 6: Lamb chops is from an.
Speaker 7: Ancient form of martial arts in which the lambs to protect themselves. The monks are heard would fight off foxes, and hence the term lamb chops because when they throw.
Speaker 6: Their little leg as they go.
Speaker 7: On the foxes made by God is good.
Speaker 5: So your children are just confused.
Speaker 7: We never draw the correlation to what's in the paddock and what's on the plate.
Speaker 4: No one is.
Speaker 6: Ready for that.
Speaker 5: We just call him choppies in our house choppinata very.
Speaker 3: Different households, the maddiej and Laura and then your households.
Speaker 2: We need to go with the first question that was asked to Matt because I'm also interested to hear how a number one dad would answer this.
Speaker 5: Maddie, how did I get mummy's tummy?
Speaker 7: How did I get in Mummy's tummy? Well, I'm glad you've asked.
Speaker 6: That because you one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, because one day Mummy was sun baking and she was just lying back on a sunbed looking up at the sky, and she yawned right at the time as a stork flew over, and that stork had a poor grip on the sack of which you were hiding in, and it dropped down and as Mummy was yawning. It went down through her sophagus into her tummy and you're here.
Speaker 6: Hooray, we love you.
Speaker 2: Ah, that is beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 6: That's cannibalism. It's the circle.
Speaker 4: Are you learning made? Are you learning things?
Speaker 9: How?
Speaker 6: My answer was far better for reference. It was a car accident.
Speaker 7: All right, She's that's grim grand Dania.
Speaker 5: How will you be celebrating Father's Day tomorrow?
Speaker 7: I'm not like Maddie, which is just you know, going through my eleven stages of facial skin care just to get my paws and I think clean.
Speaker 5: Oh, a little work of the.
Speaker 7: Hands on kind of a guy who likes to get you know. You know what the best way to be the number one dad in the world is. It's really simple kids, particularly in the Australian summertime. Who wants to go out on the trampoline. Let's put the sprinkler underneath the trampoline and put some soap SuDS on top of the trampoline.
Speaker 4: You're with me. I'm so happy there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm already taking his shirt off.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm leather it up all right. Australia's number one and number fourth daddy.
Speaker 5: Do you know what Matthew Johnson. You're my number one dad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's actually mine too.
Speaker 5: I think you're not actually my dad, but you know you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Unless I said by Google, I don't care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Happy Father's Day, you two. Thanks for coming on the show.
Speaker 6: That's all right.
Speaker 7: Maddie will always meet my daddy happy.
Speaker 4: It's getting weird.
Speaker 3: Oh, Grant Daniel there, everybody. You can get his podcast too, and that he hosts with his wife and mother of his children. It's all true. Go have a listen. That's Grant's podcast.
Speaker 5: This is why he's number one. He does a parenting podcast.
Speaker 4: A true good point. All right, we're done laws, We're done.
Speaker 8: For the day.
Speaker 2: We are, and we have a cracking episode coming up on Life on cart On Tuesday, and that is because Branding Hockley is going to be back.
Speaker 5: Yes, finally, after a long, long.
Speaker 2: Dried desert without her, she's back. We're talking about tall poppy syndrome on this week's podcast, and we're also going on a nice little trip to Cans doing it on location podcast record.
Speaker 4: I didn't know about this.
Speaker 5: I didn't tell you.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Strifted podcast only okay, fair enough.
Speaker 2: You can get all of that if you wherever you listen to your podcasts, the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: Just look up Life on cart and you know the drill. Tell your mom, tell your dad, tell your dog, Tell your friends. And Shamna love because
Speaker 4: We love lave La Love